Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #251
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
I'll rummage in the code to double check later on tonight if I remember (I didn't implement this area I believe Kev did) - but I'm pretty sure what I said is correct.

Thats what I tried to say and how I understand it works.

Yes you are BUT its presumed that if you've over-ridden someones instructions then you have a particular job in mind for them so it doesn't over-ride those players.

This is important because if you have a reckless defender who is always getting sent off and you've told him not to be a prat then you probably don't want his attitude changed when you tell the team to 'get stuck in', same idea if you have a winger who's told to stay open so that the team can use him as outfield distribution frequently - if you tell the team to pressure the opposition you don't really want him getting close to the opposition and losing your offensive outlet.

This sort of 'call' in the games design is always a 50-50 one tbh, it always makes some people very happy and others a little disgruntled ...

(hope that made some kind of sense and didn't confuse things further )

makes good sense to me
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #252
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Marc,

Any word on a PSP version for 2010? Perhaps I missed it.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #253
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
I played last years version an awful lot. Not as much as I play OOTP, but a ton. I started playing with Real Salt Lake but it had some issues with me trading players and AI teams releasing them right away. It just wasn't fun. Then I started playing with Brighton and played for a year or two. I could never get a strategy that worked most of the time. No matter what, the results seemed random. This years seems better about that and I really like the new media interaction and newspaper subscription system. That all being said, I would really like to play as an MLS team and not have issues with trading. It's impossible to demo because the US teams aren't included and I haven't heard a peep from SI development if any changes have been made to the MLS setup. I guess I'll reserve my buying decision until I hear one way or the other from them or one of you guys can tell me if it has changed at all.

I saw you've asked this a few times here as well three or four others but have received no repsonse on it. I have no idea but pretty much stopped buying the FM series after Marc and SI ignored all my posts on the forum and here in previous version threads asking for someone to elaborate on MLS and international play. I took it to mean nothing had changed and was an area that SI did not want to highlight. I remember a SI responses a couple of years ago on the SI forum that led me to the conclusion that neither the MLS/International play was a focus for FM development at all. This is not a problem I just would not purchase the product. ..My point I would expect tnot to see any kind of response from SI on your questions been there got the t-shirt. But maybe another board member will be able to give some feedback once the full game is like.

Last edited by Galaril : 10-23-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #254
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
I saw you've asked this a few times here as well three or four others but have received no repsonse on it. I have no idea but pretty much stopped buying the FM series after Marc and SI ignored all my posts on the forum and here in previous version threads asking for someone to elaborate on MLS and international play. I took it to mean nothing had changed and was an area that SI did not want to highlight. I remember a SI responses a couple of years ago on the SI forum that led me to the conclusion that neither the MLS/International play was a focus for FM development at all. This is not a problem I just would not purchase the product. ..My point I would expect tnot to see any kind of response from SI on your questions been there got the t-shirt. But maybe another board member will be able to give some feedback once the full game is like.

Welcome to Hollywood.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #255
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Marc,

Any word on a PSP version for 2010? Perhaps I missed it.

Yes and its coming to America ...

Sports Interactive & SEGA of America, Inc. today announces Football Manager 2010 formerly known as Worldwide Soccer Manager in North America. The game will be available on multiple platforms including the PC, Apple Macintosh and for the first time ever Football Manager Handheld 2010 will be available via download for the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system in North America. The game will be available for download purchase on October 30th, 2009; boxed editions will be available on November 2nd, 2009 exclusively at Amazon.com.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #256
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
I saw you've asked this a few times here as well three or four others but have received no repsonse on it. I have no idea but pretty much stopped buying the FM series after Marc and SI ignored all my posts on the forum and here in previous version threads asking for someone to elaborate on MLS and international play.

Firstly apologies for not replying to your posts - please do bear in mind that PR isn't my job and I post on forums in my own time around 'work' - as such its fairly common that I will fail to reply to some posts, this isn't malicious at all ... just either physical constraints upon my time or lack of knowledge about the question asked, sorry.

If I'm not fairly confident in my answer to a question then I generally will avoid answering it (unless I post to say 'sorry don't know') because I don't want to confuse issues by giving out well meaning but incorrect advice.

With regards to the MLS, there have been various tweaks in the simulation of the league in recent versions - however the exact details aren't something I've kept abreast of I'm afraid (as most of you know these days I work primarilarly on the handheld game rather than FM PC - I do try and stay abreast of things in all our products, BUT with the size of the games its not 100% possible - sorry).

Similarly with the 'International Management' I know the media side of this has been enhanced somewhat and is slightly more intensive (mainly around which players are called up to squads or not) BUT its important to note that this is never going to be as immersive a position alone as being a club manager. This is simply because the matches involved are 'sporadic' in nature and the time an international manager gets to spend with his squad limited - this is the fact irl as well and is sometimes mentioned by managers as a reason why they haven't taken an international position.

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 10-23-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #257
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'll rummage in the code to double check later on tonight if I remember (I didn't implement this area I believe Kev did) - but I'm pretty sure what I said is correct.

Thats what I tried to say and how I understand it works.

Yes you are BUT its presumed that if you've over-ridden someones instructions then you have a particular job in mind for them so it doesn't over-ride those players.

This is important because if you have a reckless defender who is always getting sent off and you've told him not to be a prat then you probably don't want his attitude changed when you tell the team to 'get stuck in', same idea if you have a winger who's told to stay open so that the team can use him as outfield distribution frequently - if you tell the team to pressure the opposition you don't really want him getting close to the opposition and losing your offensive outlet.

This sort of 'call' in the games design is always a 50-50 one tbh, it always makes some people very happy and others a little disgruntled ...

(hope that made some kind of sense and didn't confuse things further )

This is the way Ov said it worked on the SI forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
makes good sense to me

Agreed. I think until there is a way for us to set a override\don't override option (PaulC said maybe something for FM11 in the long thread at SI forums) the current way is the best.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #258
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Yes and its coming to America ...

Sports Interactive & SEGA of America, Inc. today announces Football Manager 2010 formerly known as Worldwide Soccer Manager in North America. The game will be available on multiple platforms including the PC, Apple Macintosh and for the first time ever Football Manager Handheld 2010 will be available via download for the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system in North America. The game will be available for download purchase on October 30th, 2009; boxed editions will be available on November 2nd, 2009 exclusively at Amazon.com.

I checked for a pre-order screen on Amazon.com to order the boxed version and didn't find anything. No pre-ordering available I take it?
Old 10-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #259
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
I checked for a pre-order screen on Amazon.com to order the boxed version and didn't find anything. No pre-ordering available I take it?

I'm not sure if FMH is coming to America 'boxed' or as download only to be honest - the announcement isn't particularly clear on that ... if I hear more details regarding this then I'll let you know.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #260
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I'm not sure if FMH is coming to America 'boxed' or as download only to be honest - the announcement isn't particularly clear on that ... if I hear more details regarding this then I'll let you know.

I can get the boxed version from Europe if they don't ship it to retailers in America, correct? No region lock? I'd prefer to have it in disc form if at all possible, even if I have to wait for it to come across the ocean.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:54 PM   #261
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
I can get the boxed version from Europe if they don't ship it to retailers in America, correct? No region lock? I'd prefer to have it in disc form if at all possible, even if I have to wait for it to come across the ocean.

PSP games aren't region locked so you should be fine with an import.

(as a word of warning though Movies for the PSP ARE region locked)
Old 10-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #262
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Firstly apologies for not replying to your posts - please do bear in mind that PR isn't my job and I post on forums in my own time around 'work' - as such its fairly common that I will fail to reply to some posts, this isn't malicious at all ... just either physical constraints upon my time or lack of knowledge about the question asked, sorry.

If I'm not fairly confident in my answer to a question then I generally will avoid answering it (unless I post to say 'sorry don't know') because I don't want to confuse issues by giving out well meaning but incorrect advice.

With regards to the MLS, there have been various tweaks in the simulation of the league in recent versions - however the exact details aren't something I've kept abreast of I'm afraid (as most of you know these days I work primarilarly on the handheld game rather than FM PC - I do try and stay abreast of things in all our products, BUT with the size of the games its not 100% possible - sorry).

Similarly with the 'International Management' I know the media side of this has been enhanced somewhat and is slightly more intensive (mainly around which players are called up to squads or not) BUT its important to note that this is never going to be as immersive a position alone as being a club manager. This is simply because the matches involved are 'sporadic' in nature and the time an international manager gets to spend with his squad limited - this is the fact irl as well and is sometimes mentioned by managers as a reason why they haven't taken an international position.

marc,

Thanks for the prompt response and I did not take it to be anything personal.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:30 PM   #263
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

FM 2010 NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-LOADING ON STEAM!
Old 10-28-2009, 09:37 PM   #264
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

I dont see this...is yours down loading now?
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:38 PM   #265
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yep. when i logged it on i got a popup (i preordered) saying "hey...pre-load now" so i did.

you might have to have ordered already though i assume...
Old 10-28-2009, 09:44 PM   #266
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

Woohoo! Had been meaning to ask if this would be available, I'm downloading now too.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:48 PM   #267
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
yep. when i logged it on i got a popup (i preordered) saying "hey...pre-load now" so i did.

you might have to have ordered already though i assume...

I did preorder...bastards.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:50 PM   #268
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea-Arthurs Hip View Post
I did preorder...bastards.

"Steam servers are currently to busy to handle anymore preloads, please try again in a few hours"....bastards
Old 10-28-2009, 09:55 PM   #269
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah...well my pre-load is running...fucking glacially, so it's not a big deal
Old 10-28-2009, 09:59 PM   #270
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Only two more days. I can't wait for the weekend plus a few days of shipping to get the boxed version, I wonder if the game will be released on Steam and gamersgate at the same exact minute.

Anyone played that OutRun 2006 Coast to Coast game that comes with the digital download version of FM 2010?

Last edited by Big Fo : 10-28-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:25 PM   #271
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Thanks, mine is d'loading as I type. Not flying by any means, 165-360 kb\s, but then I'm in no hurry.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:27 PM   #272
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Thanks, mine is d'loading as I type. Not flying by any means, 165-360 kb\s, but then I'm in no hurry.

i'm in a hotel room - mine is plugging along at like 50-80kb/s...hahah
Old 10-28-2009, 10:31 PM   #273
path12
Coordinator

Downloaded and ready to go.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:36 PM   #274
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
i'm in a hotel room - mine is plugging along at like 50-80kb/s...hahah

Ouch. I'm guessing hour or less for mine to finish. Almost 30% now in ~15 minutes. Looks like its stabilizing in the 300-345 kb\s range.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:00 AM   #275
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Sweed needs to flip this baby over to an impressions thread so we can get this party started.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #276
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Sweed needs to flip this baby over to an impressions thread so we can get this party started.

Can't yet -- preloaded but locked until official release.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #277
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Can't yet -- preloaded but locked until official release.

By official release, you mean boxed? Or can you not activate the current download just yet?

I plead lack of knowledge. I ordered the boxed version.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:36 AM   #278
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I'll need a favor from someone with a downloaded or boxed version - PM me please.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #279
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
By official release, you mean boxed? Or can you not activate the current download just yet?

I plead lack of knowledge. I ordered the boxed version.

Those of us who preordered by steam, can download the game already, but we can't activate/play it yet, hopefully in a few hours.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:18 AM   #280
Flasch186
Coordinator

garbage!

I have it and I want to play it. oh Marc I hate you so.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #281
aran
High School Varsity

Oh amazon and your November 3 release date. I won't be able to play until a week later than everyone else. I guess that's what I get for saving $10 on the pre-order.

Actually, I'm getting both the mac and windows version on the DVD, whereas steam would only give me the windows version. So I'm basically paying $10 less the price of one copy for two copies.

Last edited by aran : 10-29-2009 at 12:28 PM.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #282
mckerney
Coordinator

Steam now showing 6 hours until unlocking, hoping it stays at that and doesn't switch back to the 1 day and 10 hours before.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #283
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It was mentioned on SIGames that the 6 hour figure is correct, that the day push back was an error by steam.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #284
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

That's fine with me if it's kosher with board rules. How does one change a thread title? Do I have to request a mod to do it?
Old 10-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #285
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

go to the first post, edit the post, go advanced, change the title
Old 10-29-2009, 03:01 PM   #286
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

... or just start a new thread. Or do new threads cost money?
Old 10-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #287
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Steam now showing 6 hours until unlocking, hoping it stays at that and doesn't switch back to the 1 day and 10 hours before.

I would expect the game to unlock at around midnight GMT, which is about 3 hours from now, 8pm ET.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #288
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
go to the first post, edit the post, go advanced, change the title

Thanks, done.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #289
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

How long would it take to download if I bought this tonight?
Old 10-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #290
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
How long would it take to download if I bought this tonight?

Good question. I'd like to let it preload while I'm at work so I could play tonight, but.

It would suck to get home at midnight and have it be 10% done.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #291
Qrusher14242
High School JV

the game leaked yesterday, so people are already playing it heh
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:25 PM   #292
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Good question. I'd like to let it preload while I'm at work so I could play tonight, but.

It would suck to get home at midnight and have it be 10% done.

I preloaded it last night, was bringing it down at 1.3MB second to start, finished at about 2.2 MB/s, took about 15 minutes
Old 10-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #293
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

So 90 minutes until it begins? This will make the World Series little more than background noise tonight for me.

Last edited by Big Fo : 10-29-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:34 PM   #294
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I preloaded it last night, was bringing it down at 1.3MB second to start, finished at about 2.2 MB/s, took about 15 minutes

Already at 30% done with 830 kb/s to start here.

It may be done preloading before I have to leave for work. Agh.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #295
Miller Time
H.S. Freshman Team

Downloaded mine also...believe Steam is unlocking game files as I type this
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #296
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Update from Miles:

Release Day patch is out and available via Steam.. BUT if you didn't use Steam, you are SOL, as the forums crashed, and he will attempt to tweet other methods to get the patch.

Along with this comment:

Whilst I secretly enjoy it when we release stuff and it breaks other websites, it really annoys me when we break our own forums....

Last edited by SirFozzie : 10-29-2009 at 07:16 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #297
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

100% ready! Have to be to work at 5:00am so won't get much done or maybe I'll get so involved I won't get enough sleep and will be a bear tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #298
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

game is out for USA-folk? fuck yeah! was just talking about this with Pass at dinner. We ate at Harry Carrey's - he's a chill dude.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:39 PM   #299
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

WOOOOOO...STEAM IS DECRYPTING!!!!

BOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 10-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #300
McLovin
Mascot

There seems to be a "Steam Issue" where people who bought through Steam can't get the game to load. Including me ...
McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote