Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-15-2022, 03:05 AM   #3501
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

It's been a while since we had a conference realignment file. I made the 2025-26 realignment with all of the moves announced up to now, as well as adding the new D1 schools to the mix. Rather than delete Hartford, I just recreated the Independents and put them with Chicago State and you can use them for when you can't get anyone else to play you. So this includes the UCLA/USC to the Big Ten, Texas/OU to SEC, the B12 moves and all of the varied schools moving up to D1 so far announced, as well as the smaller league moves.

Link to the 2025-26 file

I didn't change the tournaments file at all, just moved the schools to their new leagues. I'll let someone forage the appropriately sized gif logos of all of the new D1 schools, because sizing and cropping is a pain.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-15-2022 at 03:06 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 11:30 AM   #3502
Klinglerware
College Starter

Thanks for this! I always look forward to your updates and appreciate the work you put into them. Definitely keeps the game fun to play for me.
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 05:20 PM   #3503
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
So it's not working for me. I Run as Administrator and have tried literally every compatibility mode, and it refuses to run. Crashes every single time

One thing to check is if you made an edit to the default files, I tried that thinking it'd be handy to change them and when you do that it breaks the game so it can't load. Restoring the defaults allowed me to reopen the game. Just save your preferred changes in a separate folder somewhere and load them when the game starts instead.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-16-2022 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-06-2023, 08:53 AM   #3504
Leglaen
n00b

Most recent patch?

Since it's March, it's the annual reunion with FBCB (just right for my tastes, compared to the newer sims of DDS.)

I'm looking for the most recent patch, which I believe is 2.4.11. ( I have 2.4.7 installed.) Unfortunately, the link on Grey Dog's site does not work.

Might anyone here know of a proper link, and if the patch changes are substantial?

Thanks!
Leglaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 09:40 AM   #3505
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I had to right click the download button for 2.4.11 then select Copy Link. I then pasted the link into a new tab and it downloaded for me. Also had to run the .exe as Administrator.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 10:48 AM   #3506
Leglaen
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I had to right click the download button for 2.4.11 then select Copy Link. I then pasted the link into a new tab and it downloaded for me. Also had to run the .exe as Administrator.

Thanks, that worked!
Leglaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 08:11 PM   #3507
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Got the bright idea last night to keep trying to induce transfers, but it seems that there's no good way to do it non-manually with a lot of clicking and intervention. My current theory is that even though some star players will willingly take a redshirt year, forcing them to take another (by removing it) might induce them to leave, but then you have to wait 2 years before you can see if that works.

I've been able to at least get the game to generate better stats for bench guys so they leave with some semblance of having played in some cases, but it's still very hard to induce anybody worthwhile to transfer. I've done a bunch of other stuff that's at least generated increased talent, but there's no easy way to get the game to do anything organically it's all pretty random besides hoping to redshirt guys in the hopes of making them angry enough to transfer.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-15-2023 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-21-2023, 12:17 AM   #3508
21C
College Prospect

Just noticed that the fbbgames.com site is showing an "Account Suspended" message. I hope it's only temporary.
Old 08-22-2023, 11:52 PM   #3509
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Still playing this because I like simming seasons and I find that modern conferences are not really great for this game because the optimal conference size is around 12-16 teams, otherwise you end up getting situations where programs languish for too long.

I realize now that because I play with conference prestige changes, it means major conferences drop in prestige and mid-majors improve, I might try playing for a few decades where I fix the major conferences prestige to be high, scale it downward and see how programs operate in that new universe.

Initially, I broke up those leagues because the calculus was that it was better to go be in a 1-2 bid league of middling mid-majors versus getting pummeled by the big boys even for a bigger budget. I might also opt for more hyper-regional conferences, to contrast against the current state of affairs since my current universe has over 400 schools.
Old 08-24-2023, 02:13 PM   #3510
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Still playing this because I like simming seasons and I find that modern conferences are not really great for this game because the optimal conference size is around 12-16 teams...

To this point, always a little sad when a current wave of realignment pulls reality a little farther out of the reach of this game's capabilities in managing conferences. Time marches on, alas.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 12:57 PM   #3511
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
To this point, always a little sad when a current wave of realignment pulls reality a little farther out of the reach of this game's capabilities in managing conferences. Time marches on, alas.

Yeah, it does. I've been using chatgpt to help me form new conferences every few years and to align prestige based on adjusted average prestige, which is something I couldn't have fathomed when the game first came out haha.