Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-30-2016, 12:25 PM   #1
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Helldivers - PC game

Has anyone played this? Its by the same team that made Magicka, was curious if anyone else had experience with it. I could see it being a hoot, but was wondering how crucial it was to be playing with friends vs random people online.

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 02:12 PM   #2
Warhammer
Pro Starter

After looking at several YouTube videos, I went ahead and took the plunge. It is a 3rd person fighting game with an emphasis on multiplayer. The best way to describe it is Magicka in space. The theme is Starship Troopers. It is definitely a lot of fun, I have been playing with my youngest son and he has enjoyed it as well.

Just make sure that you avoid friendly fire, and do not stand behind friendly mechs or tanks, they tend to squish you. The weapon variety is good, and team coordination is a must. Some missions require you to pick up information or a package. You cannot shoot a rifle and carry a package, so for these missions, one team member should carry a gun capable of shooting one handed. Also, there are a ton of tactical options at your disposal, to cover more bases, individual soldiers should carry different load outs. There is res pawning, but your teammates must call for reinforcements before you can respawn.

The only negative I have regarding the game, is chat is on by default. I ticked off a player that joined my son and I. I happened to mention I thought we performed better when we were playing by ourselves, the other player became offended and left (my son and I were playing on the same box). This can be easily remedied, but I was unaware and not trying to hurt anyone's feelings.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote