Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-05-2015, 11:47 AM   #351
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
Probably will be a sale the weekend of the Champions League final. We'll worth it in my opinion. No mods needed for real players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Thinking of picking this up. While I know the series is a slam dunk must own, is this year's version worth picking up still? I haven't played since FM 11.

Do I need to mod the game to get real teams, players, etc.?

Last, do we anticipate a drop in price soon via Steam or elsewhere?

Thank you, FM fans!

It's currently $16.99 on Steam and also with a freeplay for the next two days.

It being 5 months from release of fm2016 presumably, is this still worth getting. I haven't purchased an FM title since WWSM2005 (i think and yay US)
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #352
Easy Mac

Still worth getting, though I will agree with those who say the scoring is a bit high. Also, it annoys me that in all the years of playing FM with the 2D/3D view, I've never seen a blocked/missed penalty. If I switch on text only, I've read it happen, but never with moving pixels.

Last game I played, the following happened from the 89th to 94th minutes of a 1-1 game:
Yellow card for me
opposition goal from a set piece (1-2)
I score from a set piece (2-2)
2nd yellow card in under 2 minutes for my player, dismissed
opposition scores from that set piece (2-3)
I score from a set piece (3-3)
Straight red for my player
opposition scores from a set piece (3-4)

All of this happened in 5 game minutes (5 goals, 2 dismissals). I prefer to play with just key highlights showing, so by the time my sideline shouts kick in to calm down, I get two guys dismissed.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:31 PM   #353
whomario
Pro Starter

i see blocked penalties decently regularly (2d) but indeed never a shot going wide or high
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:32 PM   #354
whomario
Pro Starter

and yeah, offense is overpowered in the form of shot number.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 06-05-2015, 03:30 PM   #355
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sounds like staying with 14 is my best bet. Like the results and doesn't bother me that I don't have the latest rosters.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:48 PM   #356
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Is there something like "FM Scout" still around for FM2015?
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:13 AM   #357
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I believe FM Scout still is. FM Genie too, I believe.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:02 PM   #358
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

I just picked up the game last weekend when it dropped in price. How on earth would you guys recommend starting? I've played FM 11 before, and have played FIFA's franchise mode for a couple of years now. I know they are vastly different, but I'm trying to start in a league that would seem to be a realistic starting point, and to have things setup accurately for that start date.

It seems most start dates are early 2014 or even 2013?!?!
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:55 PM   #359
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It's on sale today for 66% off btw.

Mike: That's because the game was released in late fall, so the rosters are good up to the end of the summer transfer window.

For a first game, there's two ways to play it, one is to just jump in with a big team (like Man Yoo, Chelsea etcetera) and learn the basics, the other is to kinda jump in the deep end, start with a lower level team in England or even Scotland and just muck about at the lower levels.

See the thread I linked above, that has a good description of the different positions, the roles, and the key attributes for each
Old 06-23-2015, 08:53 AM   #360
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

If I download one of these updated 2015 data updates, is there a way to adjust the game's start date? It seems to be a mismatch, but I'd rather not have to start in Jan 2014.

Not sure if this is possible.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:17 PM   #361
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
If I download one of these updated 2015 data updates, is there a way to adjust the game's start date? It seems to be a mismatch, but I'd rather not have to start in Jan 2014.

Not sure if this is possible.

you can select the league starting date when you do the initial upload, it doesnt have to be in the league you want to start in.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:03 AM   #362
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

SIAP......what's the difference between a grey star and a black star when viewing a player's star ratings?
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:44 AM   #363
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
SIAP......what's the difference between a grey star and a black star when viewing a player's star ratings?

black stars on potential are like unknown potential (Aka fog of war). a player might secretly fill up all the black stars, or not. think of it as potential range

grey stars in current ability dont indicate anything. the gold stars in current indicate what your scout thinks hes currenty rated
Old 07-02-2015, 07:39 PM   #364
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
black stars on potential are like unknown potential (Aka fog of war). a player might secretly fill up all the black stars, or not. think of it as potential range

grey stars in current ability dont indicate anything. the gold stars in current indicate what your scout thinks hes currenty rated

Thanks. Much appreciated.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:05 AM   #365
MrBug708
Head Coach

I try to think of how FM can be improved and while Im not sure it's an improvement, I hope they implement the "Director of Football" as a playable role. I dont care about about actually playing the games and maybe play out a max of 5 a year, but I'd love the GM role where you make all of the decisions from the back of the house role.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:04 PM   #366
Schmidty
Coordinator

I hate this game, but I can't stop playing.

I exceeded the Board's expectations by a lot (upper-half of Sky 2), but randomly got fired because one idiot was a dick.

I'm still deciding if I like the game.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:40 PM   #367
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I try to think of how FM can be improved and while Im not sure it's an improvement, I hope they implement the "Director of Football" as a playable role. I dont care about about actually playing the games and maybe play out a max of 5 a year, but I'd love the GM role where you make all of the decisions from the back of the house role.

I agree.

Macro this.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:35 PM   #368
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Agreed on the GM role, I don't care about coaching at all and just sim past the games even though it's slow.

Finally took the plunge on FM15 after getting a copy for less than $20. With the ability to edit in-game, Twitch connectivity integrated too, I might finally recreate my epic custom league from a few years ago.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:54 PM   #369
MrBug708
Head Coach

Playing in 2022 as QPR, there is some craziness going on in the standings. It's the last game of the season and it's shaking out like this
1. QPR - 69
2. Man City - 68
2. Arsenal - 68
3. Tottenham - 67
4. Man U - 66
5. Liverpool -65

Obviously win and I'm sitting pretty. But my GD is at 0 while the other 4 are all in the plus 20's. Liverpool plays 8th placed AV, but everyone else plays someone in the teens. Going to be a crazy last day..
Old 07-07-2015, 05:09 PM   #370
MrBug708
Head Coach

And I tied the game and lost the title, finishing in third
Old 07-08-2015, 01:09 PM   #371
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

+100 here. I go on vacation because I would like to sim rather than watch games, and its tough to do and not miss things.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 02:39 PM   #372
path12
Coordinator

Still on FM14 but this seems as good a place as any to post a very random thought.

The Russian Premier league is a blast to play. Lots of money and lots of parity. The foreign player rule is that no more than 7 members of the playing 11 can be foreign, so you get a chance to bring in a lot of players plus you need to make sure you have a home grown core.

I'm about 5 years into a Lokomotiv Moscow career and it's as hooked as I've been on a FM game in awhile.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:46 PM   #373
MrBug708
Head Coach

How many years to get a Russian passport?
Old 07-28-2015, 04:05 PM   #374
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:

I think you misspelled "roubles" here
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:03 AM   #375
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
+100 here. I go on vacation because I would like to sim rather than watch games, and its tough to do and not miss things.

I think there are some skins with a quick sim button that just sim the game without you having to manage.

Last edited by Easy Mac : 07-29-2015 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:18 AM   #376
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Meant to check last night but didn't get a chance to hop on the computer. Will take a look tonight. I think it is five years.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:28 AM   #377
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Bah, I've been building up AFC Wimbledon for the last 8 years and my stud DM is pissed because I won't let him speak with Man City. I've got a 40M pound offer for him, he doesn't want to resign with me. We finished 5th in the premiership last season, I'd expect even better this season. Is their a chance I can keep him or is it better to just sell him and roll in a replacement?
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 12:06 PM   #378
Schmidty
Coordinator

I had an egg.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #379
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
Bah, I've been building up AFC Wimbledon for the last 8 years and my stud DM is pissed because I won't let him speak with Man City. I've got a 40M pound offer for him, he doesn't want to resign with me. We finished 5th in the premiership last season, I'd expect even better this season. Is their a chance I can keep him or is it better to just sell him and roll in a replacement?

You can hope the Citeh interest will go away and he might end up happy enough to resign
Old 07-29-2015, 01:23 PM   #380
whomario
Pro Starter

How long does the contract go ? What is your financial situation ? My guess would be that it is ok (its the EPL, after all ). Then i would suggest wait for the last possible moment (November before the contract runs out f.e.), worst case you get just 25 mio or sth. Like MrBug said, there is always a possibility that ManCity settles on some other player and your players ends up being fine with it. Actually had that happen quite often.

I still cant decide on a new save, my usual issue after abandoning/pausing a long term save (my Dortmund save has gotten a bit too easy domestically in 2028)

Was thinking about a Ukraine save, but unsure how the CPU manages its foreign players. @ Path: Seeing as the rules are pretty similar in Russia, how does the CPU handle it ? Do they consider this when making transfers or can it happen that a team has like 15 great foreigners and is only able to play 7, rather than concentrating on getting local talent ?
Old 07-29-2015, 02:43 PM   #381
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Was thinking about a Ukraine save, but unsure how the CPU manages its foreign players. @ Path: Seeing as the rules are pretty similar in Russia, how does the CPU handle it ? Do they consider this when making transfers or can it happen that a team has like 15 great foreigners and is only able to play 7, rather than concentrating on getting local talent ?

The first year or so I was able to grab some promising young Russians at pretty good prices from other teams in the league, but as the game has gone along that has gotten harder to do. I've got around 12 foreign players at the moment but if you are in Europa or Champions league it helps with depth.

Also I had a Spanish player when the game started and when he got eligibility took a Russian nationality since he could get caps there that he wouldn't have been able to with Spain.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:01 PM   #382
path12
Coordinator

Bug, it is 6 years residency for Russian nationality.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:05 PM   #383
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Bug, it is 6 years residency for Russian nationality.

Not to be picky but according to wikipedia its 5 years ...

Naturalization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 03:16 AM   #384
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Not to be picky but according to wikipedia its 5 years ...

Naturalization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, in the game it is 6

Ukraine it´s 5 btw. And just as 2 of my players got the nationality, they want to get the hell out of cold eastern europe and back to South America. Go figure ...
Old 08-02-2015, 07:47 PM   #385
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Well, in the game it is 6
I'll check with the researchers when I'm back from my holiday ..

Quote:
Ukraine it´s 5 btw. And just as 2 of my players got the nationality, they want to get the hell out of cold eastern europe and back to South America. Go figure ...
LOL
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:58 AM   #386
Grover
Pro Starter

THE MILLENIAL SIM IS HERE. 1000 years of simming the English Football Pyramid : footballmanagergames

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:11 PM   #387
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That was awesome Grover

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:31 AM   #388
whomario
Pro Starter

After 3 seasons at Metalist (1 league win, 1 cup fin and reached the Europa League Final), i took a job with Sevilla who were in a tough situation financially, forcing me to go with the existing roster for the first season. Still managed to come in 7th and win the cup (took over in 16th place with just 5 points from 9 matches). Kinda doing the Porto thing now, selling 1 or 2 guys for big money each season to stay afloat. Although reaching the CL in my 2nd season helps with finances.

Anyway, reason i post:

I just gave a 20 year old reserve strike his first shot at first team football after he scored 32 league goals for my reserve team in the spanish 3rd division. He came on as a sub in 2 games, now i gave him his first start testing a new 2 striker system (which i have not played in ages on FM). Result: He scored 5 goals for me in a 6-1 win, perfect 10.0 rating

I am also having a highly rewarding 4-2-3-1 system implemented which sees 3 AMCs behind the lone striker and enables me to play a variety of player types in those 3 spots (striker-types work there just as well as pure passing types).
Old 08-09-2015, 03:54 PM   #389
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

whomario: Can I see that tactic? That sounds weird and fun :0
Old 08-10-2015, 08:04 AM   #390
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
whomario: Can I see that tactic? That sounds weird and fun :0

one can drop the WBs back without penalty to cohesion, also very easy to adjust the AMC line in terms of player roles (Attacking Midfielder, Trequartista, Shadow Striker etc.) and individual instructions (for example i have one guy on the bench who i set to "run wide" and "cross more" since hes a converted winger. Only thing that imo is important is the Advanced Playmaker Support for the Central AMC, ideally you want a true playmaker there to be an outlet as well as a facilitator.
And the front striker can also play different roles in relation to the AMCs. Thats a key in FM in general, group your team into "Units" that need to work together. For example, when the top striker is more a taget man or a False0/Deep Lying Forward, i need more goal scoring for the left and right AMC.

Last edited by whomario : 08-10-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:48 PM   #391
MizzouCowboy
H.S. Freshman Team

That tactic is so crazy it's genius. I'll have to give it a try and see if I can get any results with it.

It took four seasons but I have got my Bury Shakers promoted to the Premiere League. The first season in League 2 we dominated and 10-15 games into the season promotion wasn't really a question. League 1 was a little tougher but we won the league title again. In the second season of the Championship, we got hot and simply couldn't lose. Something like 21 straight without a loss and had an 11 point lead with 6 matches to go. And we lost it on the final day, a 3-0 disaster with Cardiff taking all the points and the title.

Onto the PL and after a few games we are holding our own. We've beat Hull, tied Man City and lost to West Ham 1-0 in our first game in the league... on an own goal. I really expected to get destroyed early and often so I have been playing a defensive tactic. Either my guys are better than I thought or the jump to the PL is not what I expected. I really want to open up the attack, but it really worries me leaving my defenders to fend for themselves.
MizzouCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 04:35 AM   #392
whomario
Pro Starter

Won La Liga in 2020/2021 Had a fair bit of luck involved, with Barcelona being riddled with injuries and then missing a penalty against me in the 90th minutes of the penultimate game of the season. Had they made it, they would have still overtaken me. But whatever

Now in 2021/2022 i had to sell a couple guys who were unhappy and i needed to make some cash to keep up with increasing waged demands. 13 games in i am however enjoying the most ridiculous run of defensive quality, 11 wins and 2 draws and 24-0 goals. Yes, that´s correct. 13 games in, my team has yet to concede a goal
Old 09-02-2015, 11:22 PM   #393
korme
Go Reds

Has anyone ever done the 'Storm Out' option at every press conference? Thinking about doing it for fun, to see if there are any ridiculous side effects. Or maybe they will stop bothering me with the same old questions.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 07:26 AM   #394
Grover
Pro Starter

Miles Jacobsen just tweeted out that within the last hour they've sold their 1 millionth copy of FM15.

Awesome.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:08 AM   #395
Easy Mac

Just noticed this in my latest career... MLS is getting dirty

Old 10-08-2015, 04:52 PM   #396
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

That feeling you get when you finish three points out of a playoff spot after losing your last game to the bottom team in a 22 team league..........

Ugh. So frustrating.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:59 PM   #397
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Just noticed this in my latest career... MLS is getting dirty

There's also a Brazilian coach named Fucks.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:33 PM   #398
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Had one of those games. Outshot the other team 10-2. Lost the game 2-0.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:14 PM   #399
britrock88
Pro Starter

Did we skip FM14 in our series of "Alright boyz" threads? Anyway, just getting back into '14 and I have an observation and a question:

1) If you're running Win10, you may need to set FM.exe to Win8 compatibility mode for it to work. Felt silly when I figured that out after trying more complicated fixes.

2) Is there a way to use player search to filter prospects based on the salary they would ask for? I have a small amount to spare in my payroll budget, and it'd be cool if I didn't have to dive into every player's card to see what their desired compensation is.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:43 AM   #400
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
2) Is there a way to use player search to filter prospects based on the salary they would ask for? I have a small amount to spare in my payroll budget, and it'd be cool if I didn't have to dive into every player's card to see what their desired compensation is.

There's a "contract demands" or "wage demands" filter, I think in the Scout section of filters (via the player search screen).

Be advised that it's a little hit-or-miss if your scouting report is months out of date.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote