Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-15-2015, 10:25 PM   #51
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
So what happens when it IS true? Do you have to be a special kind of smart?

This isn't going to happen, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:08 AM   #52
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I get that it's difficult, but where do people think fetal tissue comes from?

In all honestly, I'd wager that at least 50% of the country has never once thought about the fact that when fetal tissue changes hands there's cash involved. Not consciously actually thought about that aspect of it is what I mean.

Then again, I'd probably place a small bet that at least 25, maybe up to 33 percent of the country doesn't realize that it's used for any purpose for any reason.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:16 AM   #53
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
In all honestly, I'd wager that at least 50% of the country has never once thought about the fact that when fetal tissue changes hands there's cash involved. Not consciously actually thought about that aspect of it is what I mean.

Then again, I'd probably place a small bet that at least 25, maybe up to 33 percent of the country doesn't realize that it's used for any purpose for any reason.

I'll admit that the existence or even concept of "fetal tissue" had never entered my consciousness at all prior to this week.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:42 AM   #54
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
I'll admit that the existence or even concept of "fetal tissue" had never entered my consciousness at all prior to this week.

Same, although it certainly makes sense now that I do hear of it. miked's post was pretty enlightening and sensible.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:08 AM   #55
miked
College Starter

By the way, at most universities this is a highly regulated procedure. I just can't walk to a clinic, flash my cards, pay some cash, and walk away with something (if I were doing the research). There are many of school-level approvals, as well as funding institutes, journals, and more.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:10 AM   #56
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I've learned quite a bit about it after the initial hmm... I like this article on it:

Actually We Should Encourage Women Who Have Abortions to Donate Fetal Tissue to Science - Hit & Run : Reason.com

If abortion is legal, why not use the products of that for scientific research (ie, for good). If you are against abortion, go after abortion, not potential good things that may be able to come from it.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:48 PM   #57
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I've learned quite a bit about it after the initial hmm... I like this article on it:

Actually We Should Encourage Women Who Have Abortions to Donate Fetal Tissue to Science - Hit & Run : Reason.com

If abortion is legal, why not use the products of that for scientific research (ie, for good). If you are against abortion, go after abortion, not potential good things that may be able to come from it.

I disagree with this. As I have stated earlier I am pro choice but can respect that people consider abortion murder. And if this is the case there is no rosy side to good things that come out of it. At the risk of invoking Goodwin it would be like a proponent of eugenics explaining the positives.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:33 PM   #58
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
I disagree with this. As I have stated earlier I am pro choice but can respect that people consider abortion murder. And if this is the case there is no rosy side to good things that come out of it. At the risk of invoking Goodwin it would be like a proponent of eugenics explaining the positives.
I am anti-abortion, pro-choice, and support fetal tissue research.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:15 PM   #59
Suicane75
Coordinator

I'll eat the fuckin thing straight if it'll help me live.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:31 PM   #60
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I'll eat the fuckin thing straight if it'll help me live.

sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:33 PM   #61
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Anti-abortion hackers attack Planned Parenthood, release databases, employee data

Now I'm no fan of Planned Parenthood. I even agree with Rand Paul that the government shouldn't be funding them.

But I hate hackers even worse.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:06 AM   #62
MrBug708
Head Coach

This story gets more bizarre
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:04 PM   #63
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Looks like the guys who released the doctored videos might be in a bit of pickle.

Legal Problems Are Piling Up For The Activists Behind Abortion Videos - BuzzFeed News
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:47 AM   #64
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So about this video...
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:48 AM   #65
stevew
Hall Of Famer

"In one statement, made after the suspect was taken in for questioning, Dear said 'no more baby parts' in reference to Planned Parenthood, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the case told NBC News.
"But the sources stressed that Dear said many things to law enforcement and the extent to which the 'baby parts' remark played into any decision to target the Planned Parenthood office was not yet clear. He also mentioned President Barack Obama in statements."
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:51 AM   #66
BillJasper
Pro Starter

If the attack was done by a brown Muslim, people would really be upset and fear for their lives. Or so they say.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:10 AM   #67
Dutch
"Dutch"

Your point?
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:18 AM   #68
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Your point?
This was a terrorist act. But because it was committed by a white christian - and not a dark-skinned muslim - it's not being described that way by the MSM.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:34 AM   #69
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
This was a terrorist act. But because it was committed by a white christian - and not a dark-skinned muslim - it's not being described that way by the MSM.

It's really simply topical.

Quick, when was the last murder of an abortion doctor or staff at a clinic before Friday?

2009. One doctor was killed in Wichita, KS.

Before that? We go back to 1998.

What is topical? Cops. Cops are topical. If this was a white cop who had went into a predominantly black Planned Parenthood, you would see the media explode.

It's the same reason a white guy who gets shot by the police is nothing more than a blip on the radar. (there have been 11 white people killed by Minnesota police this year. I'm betting not one person in another state can tell you one of their names.

The media put the spin that gets the most viewers. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edit: One more note, I'm not angry at the media or BLM for protesting the death of a minority. Everyone has an agenda. Everyone will use every lever in place to get that agenda out there. The media? Ugh. . .

Last edited by TroyF : 11-29-2015 at 11:39 AM.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:53 AM   #70
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:

hehe, the MSM hasn't liked "white people" since ~1980, so if they are mishandling your agenda, you might want to talk with them about it, I've got no control over it anymore (sans FoxNews). Sorry bro.

Meanwhile, on my www.bing.com/news front page:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/colorado-sp...ry?id=35469417

Quote:
Sources told ABC News the Justice Department is building a domestic terrorism case against Dear, though it would only move forward if somehow the state capital case was sidetracked.

...right there about 2 paragraphs into the news article for ALL to see...maybe y'all are just bullshitting about all this?

Last edited by Dutch : 11-29-2015 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:49 PM   #71
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
If the attack was done by a brown Muslim, people would really be upset and fear for their lives. Or so they say.

Quote:

You two are funny... Fight the power... and reality...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 01:09 PM   #72
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
It's really simply topical.

Quick, when was the last murder of an abortion doctor or staff at a clinic before Friday?

2009. One doctor was killed in Wichita, KS.

Before that? We go back to 1998.

What is topical? Cops. Cops are topical. If this was a white cop who had went into a predominantly black Planned Parenthood, you would see the media explode.

It's the same reason a white guy who gets shot by the police is nothing more than a blip on the radar. (there have been 11 white people killed by Minnesota police this year. I'm betting not one person in another state can tell you one of their names.

The media put the spin that gets the most viewers. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edit: One more note, I'm not angry at the media or BLM for protesting the death of a minority. Everyone has an agenda. Everyone will use every lever in place to get that agenda out there. The media? Ugh. . .

Since 2009, no murders, buts lots of bombings, including 3 this year, seems topical to me:

January 1, 2012: Bobby Joe Rogers, 41, firebombed the American Family Planning Clinic in Pensacola, Florida, with a Molotov cocktail; the fire gutted the building. Rogers told investigators that he was motivated to commit the crime by his opposition to abortion, and that what more directly prompted the act was seeing a patient enter the clinic during one of the frequent anti-abortion protests there. The clinic had previously been bombed at Christmas in 1984 and was the site of the murder of Dr. John Britton and James Barrett in 1994.[I 43]
April 1, 2012: A bomb exploded on the windowsill of a Planned Parenthood clinic in Grand Chute, Wisconsin, resulting in a fire that damaged one of the clinic's examination rooms. No injuries were reported.
April 11, 2013: A Planned Parenthood clinic in Bloomington, Indiana, was vandalized with an axe.[I 44]
September 4, 2015: A Planned Parenthood clinic in Pullman, Washington was intentionally set on fire. No injuries were reported due to the time of day, but the FBI was involved because of a history of domestic terrorism against the clinic.[I 45]
September 30, 2015: A Planned Parenthood clinic in Thousand Oaks, California was vandalized by an arsonist or arsonists who authorities believe smashed out a window, splashed gasoline inside the clinic, and then ignited it.[18]
October 22, 2015: A Planned Parenthood clinic in Claremont, New Hampshire was vandalized by a juvenile intruder. Damaged in the attack were computers, furniture, plumbing fixtures, office equipment, medical equipment, phone lines, windows, and walls. The flooding that resulted from the vandalism also damaged an adjacent business.[I 46][I 47]
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 01:18 PM   #73
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post
Since 2009, no murders, buts lots of bombings, including 3 this year, seems topical to me:

January 1, 2012: Bobby Joe Rogers, 41, firebombed the American Family Planning Clinic in Pensacola, Florida, with a Molotov cocktail; the fire gutted the building. Rogers told investigators that he was motivated to commit the crime by his opposition to abortion, and that what more directly prompted the act was seeing a patient enter the clinic during one of the frequent anti-abortion protests there. The clinic had previously been bombed at Christmas in 1984 and was the site of the murder of Dr. John Britton and James Barrett in 1994.[I 43]
April 1, 2012: A bomb exploded on the windowsill of a Planned Parenthood clinic in Grand Chute, Wisconsin, resulting in a fire that damaged one of the clinic's examination rooms. No injuries were reported.
April 11, 2013: A Planned Parenthood clinic in Bloomington, Indiana, was vandalized with an axe.[I 44]
September 4, 2015: A Planned Parenthood clinic in Pullman, Washington was intentionally set on fire. No injuries were reported due to the time of day, but the FBI was involved because of a history of domestic terrorism against the clinic.[I 45]
September 30, 2015: A Planned Parenthood clinic in Thousand Oaks, California was vandalized by an arsonist or arsonists who authorities believe smashed out a window, splashed gasoline inside the clinic, and then ignited it.[18]
October 22, 2015: A Planned Parenthood clinic in Claremont, New Hampshire was vandalized by a juvenile intruder. Damaged in the attack were computers, furniture, plumbing fixtures, office equipment, medical equipment, phone lines, windows, and walls. The flooding that resulted from the vandalism also damaged an adjacent business.[I 46][I 47]

Is this Domestic Terrorism?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2448171
Old 11-29-2015, 01:43 PM   #74
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

No idea, what do you think?

Last edited by AENeuman : 11-29-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:45 PM   #75
cuervo72
Head Coach

Probably not, strictly speaking:

Quote:
ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

Just as mob killings probably wouldn't be classified as terrorism. If this PP shooting indeed was motivated by the abortion issue, it is politically motivated.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:54 PM   #76
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm not trying to be rude here, but what is your point? When it comes to the media, it's about DEATH. Period. Most of the incidents above relate to vandalism. Hell, the last one was a juvenile. Do you think it was a political statement or was it just an idiotic kid doing something stupid?

On average, about 250 churches are set ablaze by arsonists each year. You don't really hear about them because nobody dies. Set a church ablaze and a Sunday School class burns? You'll get your story.

My point isn't political here. It's about the topical nature of the media.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:35 PM   #77
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I'm not trying to be rude here, but what is your point? When it comes to the media, it's about DEATH. Period. Most of the incidents above relate to vandalism. Hell, the last one was a juvenile. Do you think it was a political statement or was it just an idiotic kid doing something stupid?

On average, about 250 churches are set ablaze by arsonists each year. You don't really hear about them because nobody dies. Set a church ablaze and a Sunday School class burns? You'll get your story.

My point isn't political here. It's about the topical nature of the media.

I do agree it often takes a death to start the story. I just think that the story this week will be examining the connection between the video and all the violence towards clinics this year. Real or not.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:51 PM   #78
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Probably not, strictly speaking:

Just as mob killings probably wouldn't be classified as terrorism. If this PP shooting indeed was motivated by the abortion issue, it is politically motivated.

Cool.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:47 PM   #79
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
I do agree it often takes a death to start the story. I just think that the story this week will be examining the connection between the video and all the violence towards clinics this year. Real or not.

There will be little read articles on the liberal side that will talk about it. The conservative media won't report that side of the story at all.

The only way this story gets bigger than what it is now is if three more clinics get shot up before Christmas. Then the story will take off. At this point it isn't much different than an idiot shooting up a theater. A one off psychopath.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:23 PM   #80
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
I do agree it often takes a death to start the story.

Actually, more often than not, death doesn't start the story.

5 Devastating Facts About Black-on-Black Crime - Breitbart

The story usually starts when somebody with an agenda writes about it....and those stories, I'll agree, are mostly written by white folks...liberal and conservative.

Nobody's agenda, apparently, includes the mass murdering going on in the inner city...probably because those are Democratic Party strongholds and the MSM is controlled by those with a Democratic Party bent...and any attempt to discuss it from the right is met with the usual racist mantra from the left.

Last edited by Dutch : 11-29-2015 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:43 PM   #81
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

So until jihadis kill as many white Americans as other white Americans we should stop worrying about it?
Old 11-29-2015, 08:50 PM   #82
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
So until jihadis kill as many white Americans as other white Americans we should stop worrying about it?

Settle down, nobody's saying we can't multi-task.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:21 PM   #83
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Actually, more often than not, death doesn't start the story.

5 Devastating Facts About Black-on-Black Crime - Breitbart

The story usually starts when somebody with an agenda writes about it....and those stories, I'll agree, are mostly written by white folks...liberal and conservative.

Nobody's agenda, apparently, includes the mass murdering going on in the inner city...probably because those are Democratic Party strongholds and the MSM is controlled by those with a Democratic Party bent...and any attempt to discuss it from the right is met with the usual racist mantra from the left.

Totally agree, MSM reports only that which generates revenue.

However, it seems to me there has been a lot of discussion of the murders in Chicago. What part of it the story is being withheld by the dem/MSM conspiracy? I know Fox, NPR, Rush and Huff have spent lots time on it. In fact, it might be the most popular topic no one is talking about.

On a side note, withheld has a double h, how is cool is that?

Last edited by AENeuman : 11-29-2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:15 PM   #84
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

The human psyche is interested in stories that "could have been me". Most of us aren't traveling in high crime areas in Chicago or involved in an affair that leads to a murder. However we all go to the movies, have children in schools... Hence we are more interested in these stories.

Just like the controversy of Paris coverage vs Beirut. We all could see a romantic vacation in Paris, most of us probably aren't ever stepping foot in Lebanon.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:25 PM   #85
cuervo72
Head Coach

Pretty sure I've said it in another thread, but I am certain I saw reports about the 9yo on the network evening news. I don't recall hearing about this cop shooting until the video came out and he was charged.

eta: Cops: Chicago boy Tyshawn Lee, 9, was lured into alley in targeted killing - CBS News

also: http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/...g-561313859881

Last edited by cuervo72 : 11-29-2015 at 10:40 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:35 AM   #86
RainMaker
General Manager

Both were heavily reported in Chicago. Only one brought out huge protests though.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:40 AM   #87
nol
Banned

It's almost as if the person who committed the first murder is actively being hunted for and will be sentenced to life in prison while the police covered up evidence of the second murder for almost a year. Typical lamestream media only covering the more sensational story though.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:41 AM   #88
Jukeman
Mascot

Planned Parenthood = Disgusting

Re 5 Devastating facts about black on black crime.

http://youtu.be/o_S6PSCwo3c

Last edited by Jukeman : 11-30-2015 at 09:42 AM.
Jukeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:37 AM   #89
Thomkal
Head Coach

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/03/politi...inkId=19301404

Hey at least the Republicans reached their goal of getting a bill in front of Obama that he has no chance of signing into law-yeah progress. :::sigh:::
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:21 AM   #90
Thomkal
Head Coach

So all that talk from Republicans that they were going to shutdown the government over Planned Parenthood funding...and then they remembered there was an election to win...

A Big Win for Planned Parenthood*|*Robert Kuttner
Old 01-25-2016, 05:44 PM   #91
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Texas PP investigation ends with indictments...

Quote:
A Harris County grand jury probe into Planned Parenthood of the Gulf Coast ended Monday with the indictments of two anti-abortion activists.

David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt were both indicted for tampering with a governmental record. An additional indictment for prohibition of the purchase and sale of human organs was issued for Daleiden, according to a release from the Harris County District Attorneys Office.

"We were called upon to investigate allegations of criminal conduct by Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast," said Harris County District Attorney Devon Anderson. "As I stated at the outset of this investigation, we must go where the evidence leads us. All the evidence uncovered in the course of this investigation was presented to the grand jury. I respect their decision on this difficult case."
Old 01-25-2016, 07:44 PM   #92
Thomkal
Head Coach

Gee I wonder if the Republicans will apologize to Planned Parenthood now?
Old 01-25-2016, 07:57 PM   #93
PilotMan
Head Coach

What?! As far as the people who really care are concerned, this was a kangaroo court, and the decision was all done in back room deals and part of a much larger political cover up. So no. The people demand "JUSTICE!" Let the anger go and double down on those claims! The TRUTH is OUT there.....somewhere, and when they find it, they'll tell you all about it and how it's all connected to the Illuminati.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:03 PM   #94
Thomkal
Head Coach

You've been watching X-Files haven't you PM?
Old 01-25-2016, 08:05 PM   #95
Thomkal
Head Coach

wonder if this ends Fiorina's run for President. She might have been the most vocal/persistent in bringing this up.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:28 PM   #96
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

They haven't let facts get in the way on so many other issues,why would this one be different?