Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2015, 09:37 AM   #51
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I would assume that some were leech AAU coaches and some others were former deadbeat dads who--once it became apparent that NBA dollars were a real possibility--saw the light, suddenly realizing how much they loved their sons that they had previously neglected.

Quoted because I can't like posts here.

Don't forget "mentors"

CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:45 PM   #52
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would assume that some were leech AAU coaches and some others were former deadbeat dads who--once it became apparent that NBA dollars were a real possibility--saw the light, suddenly realizing how much they loved their sons that they had previously neglected.

Seems only fair to note that if you think there's a shortage of player moms who wouldn't at least sign off on this sort of thing for their cash co .. I mean son, then that seems pretty naive.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:00 PM   #53
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Seems only fair to note that if you think there's a shortage of player moms who wouldn't at least sign off on this sort of thing for their cash co .. I mean son, then that seems pretty naive.
You may be missing the specific reference. The guardians weren't merely "signing off." Some of them were, uh, direct beneficiaries of the services--usually, it seems, those of the madame.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:39 PM   #54
Ben E Lou

Andre McGee, former Louisville Cardinals staffer, resigns position with UMKC Kangaroos
Old 10-23-2015, 01:45 PM   #55
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You may be missing the specific reference. The guardians weren't merely "signing off." Some of them were, uh, direct beneficiaries of the services--usually, it seems, those of the madame.

No no, I even went back to look at how that was worded in the espn piece, I get the distinction.

I just don't know how much of a line can/should be drawn between banging a hooker and signing off on your 17-18 year old to bang a hooker.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-23-2015 at 01:45 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:51 PM   #56
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
No no, I even went back to look at how that was worded in the espn piece, I get the distinction.

I just don't know how much of a line can/should be drawn between banging a hooker and signing off on your 17-18 year old to bang a hooker.
Ahhhhhh...got it. That's a fair point. I was just trying to address the question as it came up. It appeared that people who asked that had a less than accurate picture of the males who go on recruiting trips with many of these kids.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:56 PM   #57
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ahhhhhh...got it. That's a fair point. I was just trying to address the question as it came up. It appeared that people who asked that had a less than accurate picture of the males who go on recruiting trips with many of these kids.

There's a lot of moving parts (no pun intended) in the broad picture of this story. Hard to get 'em all in one shot ... err, also no pun intended.

Very broadly there's a lot of things that are very much "the new normal" that I suspect would shock a lot of people, especially those who haven't been around anything remotely college-age related in a long while. I'm a million miles from naive I think and yet even I get surprised from time to time.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:12 PM   #58
Logan
Head Coach

Louisville is announcing a self-imposed postseason ban at a press conference in about 20 mins.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/louisvi...278-ncaab.html

Last edited by Logan : 02-05-2016 at 12:13 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:30 PM   #59
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Louisville is announcing a self-imposed postseason ban at a press conference in about 20 mins.

Louisville to self-impose postseason ban for alleged violations related to prostitution scandal - Yahoo Sports

This is a sign that they're scared to death of what might come of this. The NCAA hasn't given them a notice of allegations, the investigation isn't complete yet, and they're a darkhorse final 4 pick this year. This may also be warning shot at Pitino that he needs to resign after this season.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote