Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-22-2016, 09:43 AM   #1
Landshark44
High School Varsity

Senior Developer BI Microstrategy Job Available

Job is with Wawa Corporate, a convenience/gasoline store chain in the Northeast and expanding now into Florida. It is a rapidly growing company. I am a Fuel Manager at one of the locations...

This job was posted on our website, and if someone that I recommend gets hired, I get $5,000...

I don't know anyone in real life that meets the qualifications, so I thought I'd reach out to all of you..

Job details are in the next post. If you apply, please list me somewhere as a reference.. Scott Duchatkiewicz, and let me know that you applied...

Apply Here. Please only do so if qualified and interested... Thanks

https://wfa.kronostm.com/index.jsp?S...ID=66908382156

I'll then send an email to corporate asking them to look you up.

Last edited by Landshark44 : 01-22-2016 at 09:47 AM.
Landshark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:43 AM   #2
Landshark44
High School Varsity

Job Title: Senior Developer BI MicroStrategy
Locations: Corporate
Department: Information Technology
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Reports To: Manager of BI and SAP Development
Travel: No
Salary/Grade: $54,300- $195,600/ Sr. Professional
Closes: February 15, 2016

Job Summary:
The Senior Developer BI MicroStrategy has overall responsibility for design, development and implementation of MicroStrategy dashboard, and self-service enabled reports. This Developer is responsible for design and storage of data in the database. Support MicroStrategy environment using schema objects, metadata, reports, templates and dashboards using MicroStrategy 9.4.1 and other versions. Manage configuration and deployment of customized MicroStrategy Mobile Apps for Enterprise Distribution.

Principal Duties:
Develop dynamic dashboards, grids, graphs, scorecards, and statistical reporting utilizing MicroStrategy Release 9+ version software.
Design future dashboards including the design of the data warehouse tables, Source to Target ETL logic and dashboard development.
Senior member of team that interacts with business engagement teams to define dashboards and reporting solutions to meet diverse, complex business needs.
Work closely with Analytics team to enable datasets for self-service analytics for multiple analytical tools like SAS, MicroStrategy and future toolsets.
Recommend changes to policies and established procedures that affect immediate BI teams. Establish and maintain design and development best practices.
Define and develop strategy for the roll out of new features of the MicroStrategy tool and version upgrades.
Provide proactive production support for MicroStrategy and other BI/Analytics applications. This includes monitoring usage patterns and recommending improvements.
Develop dashboards for mobile and web versions.
Configure and manage memory handling of MicroStrategy Objects according to performance requirements.
Utilize Visual Insight tool to create customized and interactive dashboards to explore the business data.
Develop and maintain the interface design plans and technical design documents for development of the application according to business requirement.
Develop all MicroStrategy related ETL processes and procedures for all development work.
Implement report requirements in MicroStrategy (Desktop and Web).
Follow Object development, Object maintenance and acceptance testing for all development efforts.
Provide ad-hoc technical support to the user community.
Provide feedback/reports on system usage and potential bottlenecks.
Create MDX queries for using data stored in SAP BW systems. Design reports as per business requirement in MicroStrategy from various source systems like Excel file, Microsoft SQL Server.
Manage MicroStrategy Administration Product Suites.
Create and deploy MicroStrategy mobile configurations to client devices (partnered with MDM team).
Customize MicroStrategy Mobile SDK for iOS Enterprise Distribution (partnered with MDM team).
Manage MicroStrategy application deployment in IOS device.
Create and update all necessary design documentation as per the project requirement.

Essential Functions:
Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent customer service skills
Detail oriented and strong organizational, time and stress management skills
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to handle multiple projects
Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
Ability to be on-call 24/7 when required
Must be able to work well under strict timelines
Proven ability to learn quickly and independently train themselves on existing and new technologies and technology platforms
When prioritizing work, considers the bigger picture, ensuring alignment with department objectives

Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a technical discipline (e.g., engineering) preferred
7+ years of related work experience including 3 years of MicroStrategy experience
Exposure to infrastructure design, implementation, support and management solutions
Knowledge of standard support development frameworks and methodologies
Knowledgeable in multiple SAP systems (BW,ERP, HANA) preferred
Fluent with all critical nightly batch processes
Fluent with the implemented MicroStrategy security model
Fluent in a standard development methodology
Sound knowledge of Data Warehousing (Star/Snowflake schema) concepts.
Strong experience on Schema objects like Logical tables, Attributes, Facts, Hierarchies etc.
Strong experience on Public objects like Metrics, Filter, Prompts, Custom Groups, Consolidations, Reports, Documents and Dashboards
Must have experience in the following:
Object Manager
Enterprise Manager
Command Manager
MDX connector
SQL
Familiar with iOS platform, XCode IDE, MicroStrategy Mobile SDK, and the MicroStrategy iOS Client Configuration
Familiarity with operating system, relational databases and data sources MicroStrategy connects.
Familiar with MicroStrategy Administration Tasks including:
Project Administration
User Administration
Intelligent Server Administration
Landshark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:05 AM   #3
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

gotta love that salary range
Old 01-22-2016, 10:15 AM   #4
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Ha yeah that was what I was thinking, funny range.

I don't have that skill set, I work with people who do. I got to wonder why someone that meets those requirements would want a perm job Wawa. Seems like it would be a contract job.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:23 AM   #5
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
gotta love that salary range

The last couple of places I've worked have ditched ranges that were narrow for a smaller number that are much wider, so as to cut down on some of the ridiculous hoops managers have to go through both when hiring and promoting. Not to mention geographical differences.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:27 AM   #6
Dutch
"Dutch"

Wawa is expanding rapidly in Florida. A few years ago I never heard of them...now they are my primary choice for gas and coffee.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:34 AM   #7
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
I might be biased since I live in NJ, but I think Wawa would be a kickass company to work for. They are a company that really seems on the rise, innovative, and everyone around here love them.

I don't think it would be a bad place to work per se. Just as a technology professional with those advanced and very much in demand skills, I'd think there would be better and more relevant options.

But I guess if they are paying 190 in FL, that would convince a lot of people.

Last edited by jeff061 : 01-22-2016 at 10:35 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote