Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #1
APC
Mascot

OOTP 15 Announced

http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/ne...133/index.html

Looks like another good version will be coming our way.

But read the last sentence on the page linked to above. A blurb about the Super Bowl with the word "game" in italics? Hmmmm.......

APC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I hope not. Any OOTP developments football game is going to be overly-customizable (like OOTP Baseball), focused on giving people the ability to simulate female, 6v6 African leagues with TDs worth 4pts and FGs worth 7 instead of focusing on the core gameplay mechanics.

Unless FCL has something to tell us in another week or so...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:30 PM   #3
FLC28
Beyond The Sideline Developer

I am certainty looking forward to the SB week as well! I know you are too DaddyTorgo

Last edited by FLC28 : 01-24-2014 at 01:31 PM.
FLC28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:37 PM   #4
APC
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I hope not. Any OOTP developments football game is going to be overly-customizable (like OOTP Baseball), focused on giving people the ability to simulate female, 6v6 African leagues with TDs worth 4pts and FGs worth 7 instead of focusing on the core gameplay mechanics.

Unless FCL has something to tell us in another week or so...

Fine. I guess I won't invite you to join my league featuring juiced up baseball players from the steroids area squaring off against a conference made up entirely of expansion era Cleveland Browns teams.
APC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #5
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLC28 View Post
I am certainty looking forward to the SB week as well! I know you are too DaddyTorgo

Bout the only redeeming feature of SB week this year at this point.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-24-2014 at 01:40 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:44 PM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'm down for an OOTP football game, though after the debacle that was hockey...
Old 01-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #7
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Definitely interested in 3D view for ootp.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:57 PM   #8
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

have no fear, Daivd Witner is on the dev team
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:44 PM   #9
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
Definitely interested in 3D view for ootp.

Yes, but waiting for the full 3D option. 3D ballflight just doesn't do it for me but hopefully it will lead to more.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:04 PM   #10
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Some really cool stuff in OOTP15 - I love the additions to what is logged in the player's record, being able to retire numbers etc. I love that immersion stuff.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #11
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I just want them to work on the AI. All the other features are nice but the AI seems to get ignored every year.

Also agree with DT on a football game. It would be catered to the 6 people on their forum that want it to be too customizable and it will never play right. If they're just making an NFL type sim with some mild customization (expansion, relocation, etc), I'd be on board.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:37 AM   #12
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Also I'm guessing they won't be on Steam? I'm about to pre-order but wondering if they'll be on there.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:51 AM   #13
Cork
H.S. Freshman Team

I am curious about the new facegen sdk stuff. More realistic players faces is always nice.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:06 PM   #14
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Also I'm guessing they won't be on Steam? I'm about to pre-order but wondering if they'll be on there.

Didn't the link mention a Steam key?
Old 01-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #15
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

OOTP15 will be on Steam in due course I believe, if you purchase it through pre-order you'll be able to get a Steam key should you want one.

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 01-25-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:47 PM   #16
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
OOTP15 will be on Steam in due course I believe, if you purchase it through pre-order you'll be able to get a Steam key should you want one.

Cool, I'll pre-order right now.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:24 PM   #17
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
Quote:
Originally Posted by APC View Post
But read the last sentence on the page linked to above. A blurb about the Super Bowl with the word "game" in italics? Hmmmm.......

Some talk about it on the OOTP forums...

Possible football game coming from OOTP Devs? - OOTP Developments Forums

A couple of references to "BTS" (including posts by someone who is the "Lead Developer of BTS" and is tagged as working for OOTP Developments...
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #18
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
Some talk about it on the OOTP forums...

Possible football game coming from OOTP Devs? - OOTP Developments Forums

A couple of references to "BTS" (including posts by someone who is the "Lead Developer of BTS" and is tagged as working for OOTP Developments...

Word on the street is Francis Cole was hired by OOTP Developments..

Writing an (American) Football Management Game - by Francis Cole - Front Office Football Central

Designer of the game above.. could be a good fit.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:28 PM   #19
fortheglory
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Word on the street is Francis Cole was hired by OOTP Developments..

Writing an (American) Football Management Game - by Francis Cole - Front Office Football Central

Designer of the game above.. could be a good fit.

Iss this true? Is there any confirmation of this anywhere?
fortheglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:03 PM   #20
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
I'm down for an OOTP football game, though after the debacle that was hockey...

I would love to see an OOTP football game, as long as it isn't soccer.

As for the hockey game, yes it has been a debacle but I have faith it will get better. It might not be until next version, but it is worth the wait considering there aren't many options out there for a hockey sim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #21
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Is there going to be a next version or did this version kill that?
Old 02-06-2014, 10:03 PM   #22
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I just don't see much with OOTP 15 for me to preorder this year.. a first in a long time.

I really don't care about all the other leagues.. the interface doesn't look better to me and 3D ball flight.. I need to see it.

To me, it's getting to point where is has way to many options/settings.

I'll get it at some point, but I'm going to hold off for now.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:12 PM   #23
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I just don't see much with OOTP 15 for me to preorder this year.. a first in a long time.

I really don't care about all the other leagues.. the interface doesn't look better to me and 3D ball flight.. I need to see it.

To me, it's getting to point where is has way to many options/settings.

I'll get it at some point, but I'm going to hold off for now.

+1
Old 04-03-2014, 03:20 PM   #24
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The Reds have a player in Single A named Jamodrick.

That name better make it in the game.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:43 AM   #25
lungs
Pro Rookie

Downloading this now.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:15 PM   #26
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

I am most excited about the custom historical leagues that can easily be set up now.

Currently, I am setting up a league with all the world series champions in it. 4 divisions. 25 teams each division. There is a lot of clicking involved so far in setting it up lol
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:26 PM   #27
Izulde
Head Coach

Yeah I bought OOTP 14 to be in an MP league and then forgot all about it. But when I tried single player a few days ago, setting up the league and getting everything organized was so much of a hassle I just ultimately dropped it. Too many screens and too many clicks for my tastes.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:14 PM   #28
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

And we're off...I've gotten a lot of play out of FBCB but outside of my online leagues, I haven't gotten much beyond beta out of these games anymore. It's still really impressive and maybe I should dive in. But like others say, the setup can be so much when you're really immersive that I tend to stay away.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-18-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #29
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

I will say that I am enjoying the heck out of my fictional league that I started in OOTP 13 and was easily able to import into OOTP 15. If you want to do something relatively standard, league setup isn't a hassle at all.

Also, I really have gotten into stats only and turning off the ratings. Adds a bit of a challenge to the game and makes it feel almost like a fictional fantasy baseball league.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #30
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

More impressions from you knuckleheads.. this is the first time I haven't pre-purchased and as of now, I really don' t have much desire.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #31
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I've imported all of my old/ongoing leagues to the newer version. It sure does look pretty if nothing else, even if I don't care about the 3D stadiums or whatever. Will always take an update, because for the money it's the best baseball sim on the planet even with the warts.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:21 PM   #32
lungs
Pro Rookie

I loaded a World Template I had made in 14 and it loaded fine. Was making adjustments to the template (and almost finished!) when the game froze.

So I decided to load up the real rosters and all the foreign leagues and run a season....
Old 04-18-2014, 07:46 PM   #33
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

To me the new manager's screen is worth the price of admission. It is highly customizable and gives you access to your lineup, email, league news, league leaders, minor leagues etc all on one page. Reduces clicks a great deal and you can see the daily happenings in your league all on one page. Very cool.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:23 PM   #34
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Love the new manager's screen as well as some of the UI upgrades, also love the addition of some more immersion features, like retirable numbers. Going to be another great version of OOTP.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:22 AM   #35
TroyF
Coordinator

played it a very small amount. As others have said, the UI, while not massively changed, is still better. The manager screen is terrific. I see some ratings I'll want to tweak a bit, but overall, it looks pretty good to me. We'll see how it goes when I start playing tomorrow.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:19 AM   #36
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

The free agency screen also has been slightly redesigned. Pending offers and budgetary considerations are now shown on the bottom which is a nice touch. Also 2nd and 3rd place finishers are now mentioned in the Rookie of the Year, MVP and Cy Young awards. Lots of small touches are adding up for this year's version.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:35 AM   #37
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Only problems I'm having so far is finding some options that were moved or (I hope not) removed. Like how do I set a player to a different position now? They removed the drop down menu at the bottom of the player profile, and the new options tab doesn't include changing positions.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:10 AM   #38
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Only problems I'm having so far is finding some options that were moved or (I hope not) removed. Like how do I set a player to a different position now? They removed the drop down menu at the bottom of the player profile, and the new options tab doesn't include changing positions.

I believe there's a drop down on the top right of the player screen that includes that option now.

Last edited by cougarfreak : 04-19-2014 at 07:10 AM.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:34 AM   #39
TroyF
Coordinator

OK, so I took colorado with the 2014 quick start, set my scouts and staff to do everything and played out the year. Here is what happened (actually, before I start I think it's important for non text sim players to understand that the game doesn't see guys the way we see them, while I think some of these moves were ridiculous, I can understand why OOTP did what it did in MOST cases) OK, here goes:

Synopsis of the season:

Started off unexpectedly strong and was in a wild card until late July. Then went to complete hell. Finished 71-91, 34 games back. Division winners:

Blue Jays
Tigers
Rangers
Nationals
Cardinals
Dodgers (105 wins, best team in baseball)

Wild Cards

Indians
Angels
Pirates (95 wins)
Reds

Worst team was the White Sox with 67 wins. The Yankees finished with 69 wins. The Braves 73.

The Cardinals stored through the postseason and beat the Rangers in the World Series

League Leaders:

Batter WAR - Fielder, Cabrera, Harper, Trout, Teixeira, Longoria, Votto, Wright, Cano
PItcher WAR - Strasburg, Verlander, Shelby Miller, Leake, Zimmerman, Felix, Latos, Hernandez

Chris Davis led in HR with 45. Billy Hamilton stole 52 bases to lead the league.

Transactions - OK, here is where it gets interesting

Here are some highlights:

Dodger traded Ryu for Norris on opening day
Pittsburgh traded Pedro Alvarez to the White Sox for Adam Dunn and 3 million
Padres traded Gyorko to the A's for Gentry
Boston trades Napoli for Papelbon
Colorado trades Tulowitzki for Ryan Braun (yeah, I won't be using this league)
Colorado trades two minor leaguers for Dustin Ackly
Colorado trades 4 minor leaguers for Sergio Romo
Colorado trades Matt Beslisle and a prospect for DEREK JETER
San Francisco trades Tim Lincicum and 3 million to the tigers for 4 minor leaguers

At the end of the season Jeter demanded a trade from my organization. Keep in mind at the time of the trade the Yankees were toast and the Rockies were actually doing good. The Rockies headed into the final two months of the season with a 55-54 record. They then went 16-37 the final two months.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:21 PM   #40
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

game has crashed 2X on first season.

in drafting players, I offered their ask, they said no (all of them)

in international FA, offered their ask, NO ONE SIGNED THEM, and they still said no to me.

looks like all the shitty flaws are still there.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:34 PM   #41
lungs
Pro Rookie

My initial impression is that the new league reputation setting is pretty helpful. Independent leagues seem to be working much better than in the past, though I haven't necessarily dug into them too much yet.

The purchasing contract option is a start but I'd like to see it expanded upon in the future. It'll work good for purchasing a player from a smaller independent league but I thought maybe in an elaborate fictional universe that players could be purchased between major leagues. When I tested it out, a guy signed a 5 year/$57 million contract with the second level major league (I have three major leagues with reputations of 10, 9, and 8). A Japanese team purchased him and his contract was reset to a minor league contract. Purchase price is static for the league the player is being purchased from. Like I said, I'm leaving the option on for some of the smaller independent leagues in my setup (reputation 5 and 6). But it's not useful between major leagues unless the contracts carry over.

Haven't messed around with the posting feature yet. Basically got my setup somewhat down:
Level 10 Major League with three minor leagues.
Level 9 Major League with one minor league
Level 8 Major League with no minor league
Asian League (Level 7) with teams in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and one in China.
Latin American League - Level 6 all Latin players in my universe must play two years in the Latin league before being able to sign with one of the US based major leagues (unless released by their Latin team).
EuroLeague - (Level 5) Netherlands, Germany, and Italy. Level 5 league
Florida League (Level 6) - Independent
Southwestern Junior League - Level 6, Indpendent league (not a feeder) puts some extra young American players into the universe. Age limit of 25 years old in this league
Midwestern League - Independent league

This setup doesn't run blazing fast on my MacBook Air (less than a year old) but it's not slow either. A basic small major league setup is pretty fast so I don't think speed is much of a problem in 15.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:35 PM   #42
lungs
Pro Rookie

Dola
I tried creating a "Senior" league for players 30 years and older but the AI would only sign 8 guys and I'd have to fill the rosters each year.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #43
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
game has crashed 2X on first season.

in drafting players, I offered their ask, they said no (all of them)

in international FA, offered their ask, NO ONE SIGNED THEM, and they still said no to me.

looks like all the shitty flaws are still there.

Were they listed as "impossible" to sign?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:19 PM   #44
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Were they listed as "impossible" to sign?

nope, very hard. and if they were impossible to sign then they should have no ask amount.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #45
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Yeah, I think impossible players are set on going to or staying in college - may be working as designed, but not necessarily the most intuitive way to go about it.
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 04-20-2014 at 04:47 PM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:30 AM   #46
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Had some free time yesterday and picked it up.

The interface is fantastic.. didn't take me long to get used to it and everything just seems like it's in a logical place now.

Loaded up the AIO mod and started a ML QS - decided to see if I could rebuild the Cubbies.. Cardinals seem too easy.

Tweaked a few things.. and I'd have to say, I'm impressed so far. Pretty much just playing "out of the box" so to speak.

I can see where the 3d stadium stuff should be great once it's all fleshed out.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:29 PM   #47
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Game looks great. I really like some of the interface changes. Unfortunately it is constantly random crashing on me. I have yet to finish a full month of a sim yet. Anyone else dealing with this?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:38 PM   #48
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Game looks great. I really like some of the interface changes. Unfortunately it is constantly random crashing on me. I have yet to finish a full month of a sim yet. Anyone else dealing with this?

No crashes for me. Running windows 7 home premium, 8 gig ram, i7.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:38 PM   #49
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post

I have not. I simmed 29 years to get started.

Have you downloaded the latest patch?
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #50
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Markus is getting a ton of great reviews too, well done.