Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-26-2010, 10:43 AM   #4201
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Heh... look up Emmerich, Roland.

*L*

I didn't even connect the dots. Makes sense.

Hey, he had a hand in The Patriot too where Gibson had issues with the kids and the wife was dead and Stargate where the kid was dead and O'Neill had issues with the wife.

I detect a theme....
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #4202
molson
General Manager

The Room: Whatever/10

I don't know what the hell that was, so it's difficult to rate.

It lived up to the hype as a terribly made, yet oddly entertaining mess.

I love that the director now claims that it's a "dark comedy". No f'n way. There is nothing intentionally funny in this movie, whatsoever.

Rather than funny, it was interesting. How did this movie get made? Did the crew, other actors realize this was so terrible? What is the director actually trying to do here?

I thought the blonde was very hot, in an approachable, "you feel like you could get her" kind of way. And she was a real trooper to show her boobies so often in this kind of movie.

Last edited by molson : 07-28-2010 at 10:22 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:46 AM   #4203
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Predators: 5/10

While I didn't have very high expectations for this movie going in, it failed to live up to even those. I love the concept of the movie, just love it. An odd group of human bad asses - Mexican cartel enforcer, yakuza guy, sniper, US special forces, Russian special forces, FBI most wanted prisoner, etc. - being brought to the planet to be tested and hunted by Predators. The movie fails in its execution.

The action scenes are kind of chopping, incoherent and dull. In fact, the whole movie is overwhelmingly boring. The two leads, Adrian Brody and the woman sniper, are as boring an action lead as I've seen. I didn't care about them at all. Some of the minior characters have their moments, but they are too few and far between. The movie unfolds pretty predictably in most respects. They try to borrow scenes or concepts from the original "Predator" movie and they just turn out being lame and weak.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:50 AM   #4204
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
The Room: Whatever/10

I don't know what the hell that was, so it's difficult to rate.

It lived up to the hype as a terribly made, yet oddly entertaining mess.

I love that the director now claims that it's a "dark comedy". No f'n way. There is nothing intentionally funny in this movie, whatsoever.

Rather than funny, it was interesting. How did this movie get made? Did the crew, other actors realize this was so terrible? What is the director actually trying to do here?

I thought the blonde was very hot, in an approachable, "you feel like you could get her" kind of way. And she was a real trooper to show her boobies so often in this kind of movie.

There’s a really good article in the current Harper’s Magazine about this movie, I had never heard of it until reading it. The basic premise of the review is “This is what a movie looks like when someone who has no idea what a movie should look like makes a movie.” Needless to say, I want to see it.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #4205
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by I. J. Reilly View Post
There’s a really good article in the current Harper’s Magazine about this movie, I had never heard of it until reading it. The basic premise of the review is “This is what a movie looks like when someone who has no idea what a movie should look like makes a movie.” Needless to say, I want to see it.

OK, I after reading that article, I will now revise my rating to 10/10. I'm into the the whole room scene now.

I love that this movie has midnight screening where people go dressed in tuxedos for no reason and play catch with a football while 3 feet apart (one or the many confusing scenes in the movie).

Last edited by molson : 07-28-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #4206
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
What's even more amazing is that 95% of the movie takes place in one little jury room.

Speaking of Sidney Lumet...

Fail-Safe (1964) 9/10

This is the serious version of Dr. Strangelove. It's the Cold War and a group of US bombers gets orders to drop the Bomb on Moscow due to machine malfunction (or Russian interference?). A very tense and thought-provoking movie.

Spoiler

I thought they did a decent job when they remade it for CBS maybe 10 years or so ago.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #4207
rowech
Pro Starter

Inception (10/10) -- I saw it for the 2nd time last night. It's really a fantastic movie. The second viewing of the movie, at least for me, made me appreciate so much more of what was going on and the smallest details. I wonder if a third viewing would make it even more.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:29 PM   #4208
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
OK, I after reading that article, I will now revise my rating to 10/10. I'm into the the whole room scene now.

I love that this movie has midnight screening where people go dressed in tuxedos for no reason and play catch with a football while 3 feet apart (one or the many confusing scenes in the movie).

ive seen it in theaters a few times in la. the crowd is insane. im sure its in other cities now, but if you find yourself in la on the last saturday of the month, go see this. you will laugh harder than you do at any other comedy this year
Pyser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #4209
molson
General Manager

Perhaps the best scene of the Room:

Old 07-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #4210
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Joe Dirt (5 / 10): So I had added this to my Netflix queue based upon the recommendation of a woman that I know, well aware of the fact that her idea of a good movie and mine are two very different things. While overall this one just falls into the "OK" category and certainly isn't anything worth writing home about, there are a few really funny moments. There are also a few gross-out moments which I would just as soon forget. This is one of those "stupid humor" movies. If you're in the mood for some mindless laughs and there's nothing else on, give it a look. But don't go out of your way. And in case you were wondering, Kid Rock (who has a small supporting role) can't act worth a lick...no surprise there, but just thought I'd mention it.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:40 AM   #4211
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Dirt is one of those guilty pleasure type movies for me and when it is on TV, it just happens to find its way on. (I think Brittany Daniel being in it has something to do with that)
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 08-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #4212
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Daybreakers - 6.5 Not bad. Not cinematic greatness by any stretch, but at least they did something a little different with the vampire genre.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #4213
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Daybreakers - 6.5 Not bad. Not cinematic greatness by any stretch, but at least they did something a little different with the vampire genre.

Actually got this one at home waiting for me right now.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 08-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #4214
Swaggs
Coordinator

I watched Orphan last night and came away pretty impressed with the acting and storyline. It actually had a pretty interesting and freaky twist. I don't really know how to rate it, because it isn't an artistic gem or anything, but if you like horror/thrillers, it is a pretty good one.

Last edited by Swaggs : 08-02-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #4215
rowech
Pro Starter

Hot Tub Time Machine (5/10) -- Ho hum for me. Thought it could have been so much better.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #4216
Bad-example
College Starter

Zombieland (8/10) Funny, consistent, and consistently funny. Too often a comedy starts out strong and peters out halfway though, but I enjoyed this one pretty much from start to finish. Surprising.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #4217
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Black Dynamite - 8/10

Finally got around to getting this on Netflix. It didn't disappoint. At all. It's incredibly funny. It’s incredibly stupid and cheesy in an amazingly deft and intelligent way. Every line flub, scenery-chewing moment, shaky cut, and song parody is done in a precise and careful way. Even during the goofball ending, Black Dynamite is kicking ass and taking names. It’s just an incredibly fun and enjoyable movie.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 08-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #4218
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Hot Tub Time Machine (5/10) -- Ho hum for me. Thought it could have been so much better.

Yeah, I was kinda the same way. There were things I liked about it (the constant arm thing was hilarious), but for the most part, it was a bit of a bore.

I think the thing that annoyed me is, you have Chevy Chase in an ongoing cameo, and really, what the hell did you give him to work with? I know Chevy ain't what he used to be, but the guy should still be able to be funny when he wants to be, so you have to have a pretty unfunny script to make his scenes so dull.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:01 PM   #4219
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yeah, I was kinda the same way. There were things I liked about it (the constant arm thing was hilarious), but for the most part, it was a bit of a bore.

I think the thing that annoyed me is, you have Chevy Chase in an ongoing cameo, and really, what the hell did you give him to work with? I know Chevy ain't what he used to be, but the guy should still be able to be funny when he wants to be, so you have to have a pretty unfunny script to make his scenes so dull.

I expected them to have a lot more cameos than they did.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #4220
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'd give Hot Tube Time Machine probably a 6 (it's been awhile since I saw it) as it had some very funny scenes (like the arm thing mentioned above), but yeah, should've been much, much better with that premise.

Watched a few movies lately:

Ip Man - 6.5/10
Every character was a caricature and, from what I gather, it's not even close to being historicaly accurate. That's not always a major negative, but when they turn the main guy into Mr. Perfect-with-no-faults it subtracts from my enjoyment of the movie. But hey, the fight scenes were enjoyable.

Karate Kid (2010) - 8.5/10
Not as good as the original, but still faaaaaaaaaaar better than I expected it to be. Nearly a scene-for-scene remake, but they changed enough small details to keep it fresh. I got chills during the tournament, some great martial arts filmography.

In Bruges - 8/10
Had high expectations for this one, and they were mostly satisfied. The characters and the dialogue really make this movie, but it also helps that is was filmed in Bruges, which I'd really like to visit after watching this. All the main characters are great (except for the midget/dwarf, who just isn't a very good actor), but Fiennes steals the show once he makes an appearance. My biggest complaint is that I wasn't very happy with the ending. Not sure what I would've preferred though.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #4221
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
12 Angry Men (1957) - 9/10

What a powerful movie. Great writing, great acting, great plot.
Cast is incredible: Martin Balsam, John Fiedler, Lee Cobb, E G Marshall, Jack Klugman, Edward Binns, Jack Warden, Henry Fonda, Joseph Sweeney, Ed Begley, George Voskovec, Robert Webber.

Awesome.

Agree with everything you said. This movie is a once a year must watch for me... just pure awesome.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:55 AM   #4222
NewIdentity
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I have a question for anyone that has seen this movie.....

Do you remember the scene in the car where the girl cuts her had with a knife; if the guy had cut his hand instead would the movie have been over?

Anyway, I would only give it about a 3, because The Cure was just too stupid. And, I still do not understand why the arrows did not do anything to the vampires for the first hour of the movie; while they made the vampires explode during the last 30 minutes?
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan

Last edited by NewIdentity : 08-03-2010 at 04:05 AM.
NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:47 AM   #4223
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Black Dynamite - 8/10

Finally got around to getting this on Netflix. It didn't disappoint. At all. It's incredibly funny. It’s incredibly stupid and cheesy in an amazingly deft and intelligent way. Every line flub, scenery-chewing moment, shaky cut, and song parody is done in a precise and careful way. Even during the goofball ending, Black Dynamite is kicking ass and taking names. It’s just an incredibly fun and enjoyable movie.

I was also impressed by how just how deliberate Black Dynamite was in its ridiculousness. The pacing slowly ramps up, starting as a fairly straight, almost shot-for-shot parody of old blaxpoitation flicks, and ending up going off the rails into absurdity.

....and on that front, I just watched:

Truck Turner - 8/10 If you like blaxpoitation, I'd put this up among the best. Isaac Hayes wrote the kick-ass theme to Shaft that just everybody is familiar with, but perhaps everybody is not as familiar with the fact that Shaft the movie/trilogy kinda sucks (an unfortunately common problem with lots of the 'classics of the genre')....it's generally pretty boring, let's just say it's no 'Black Belt Jones'. Now what if you took every bit player from 'Black Belt Jones' and then replaced the leads with Isaac Hayes as a bad-ass bail bondsman, Yaphet Kotto as a killer pimp, and Nichelle Nichols (Star Treks Uhurra) as a smack-talking madam, and then had Isaac Hayes write an equivalently badass theme song? Well, you'd have Truck Turner. Throw in an insane hospital shootout, a pimp funeral parade, and some really questionable acting, and you've got a good night's entertainment.

It's Fort Knox in panties!!!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 08-03-2010 at 04:49 AM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:45 AM   #4224
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Zombieland - 8/10: Very funny film! I was somewhat disappointed I missed this when it was in theaters, so I'm glad I got to see it and it was one of those movies that lived up to the hype. The 'rules' were hilarious (especially how they became a part of the background). Woody Harrelson was absolutely brilliant and it features one of the best cameos ever. Hilarious, gorey, and fun.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #4225
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I thought Black Dynamite was an interesting concept and well executed. The joke got old for me, though. I mean, there really was no plot or characters to keep me going so laughing at the 70s replication kept me going for about a half hour.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:04 AM   #4226
DataKing
Pro Rookie

For those of you who've seen Zombieland recently, if you still have the DVD and didn't already, go to the end of the credits. Caddyshack fans will not be disappointed.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 08-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #4227
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewIdentity View Post

Do you remember the scene in the car where the girl cuts her had with a knife; if the guy had cut his hand instead would the movie have been over?

And if Anakin had pulled out, there would be no 4,5 or 6.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:16 AM   #4228
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Black Dynamite - 8/10

Anaconda Malt Liquor.

When you pop the top, the panties drop.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #4229
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
I thought Black Dynamite was an interesting concept and well executed. The joke got old for me, though. I mean, there really was no plot or characters to keep me going so laughing at the 70s replication kept me going for about a half hour.

It did get a little strained in the 3rd act for me, but there were still enough great moments that kept me laughing...

Spoiler
Old 08-03-2010, 11:41 AM   #4230
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Saw a few movies recently:

Inception 8.5/10
I like Christopher Nolan Movies in general. I have to say I went in thinking that the weird that was mentioned so much in the trailer was gonna overpower the movie. It didn't at all. I thought it was well acted and loved the characters. even the controversy that I have heard about one point of the movie did not really bother me.

The Kids are All Right 8/10
Another good movie. Annette Bening was fantastic. Julianne Moore and Mark Ruffalo wer pretty good as was the girl from Alice in Wonderland. I thought the plot was clever.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:36 PM   #4231
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Despicable Me - 9/10: Utterly charming and hilarious movie about a villain trying to pull off an evil job while residing in the real world and dealing with real world problems (such as trying to get a bank loan for his caper - which involves a really funny sign joke if you catch it). The orphans are absolutely adorable and the youngest (Agnes?) steals the movie.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #4234
Groundhog
Coordinator

Black Dynamite - 5/10
Meh. Back when I first saw the trailer for this it looked hilarious, but unfortunately nearly every LOL moment was in that trailer. I've never seen the blaxploitation movies it was trying to make a parody of (though I've seen enough parodies/homages to them to know what was going on), but to me it strayed closer to ridiculous than it did funny for most of the movie, with a couple of exceptions. And as soon as they got to Kung-Fu Island, I was just wanting this movie to end already (outside of one gag that made me LOL when he fights the Kung-Fu dude).

The Prestige - 9.5/10
I actually forgot this was a Nolan film when I turned it on last night, and I'm glad I did, because it made the ending surprise me rather than having me try and guess what was going to happen all movie like I did in Inception. A great, great movie, and I don't know why it took me so long to see it. Jackman and Bale were excellent (and I don't usually like Jackman), and the way things turned at the end blew me away. I didn't expect it at all.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:51 AM   #4235
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I watched a really interesting movie tonight on Netflix Watch Instantly - it's called 180 South. It's basically a travel adventure documentary about a guy who wants to go to Patagonia and climb a difficult mountain, inspired by a similar trip to Patagonia that Yvon Chouinard and Doug Tompkins did in 1968.

The film is just gorgeously filmed, has an excellent soundtrack and features some of the most beautiful scenery in the world, and is pretty much worth watching from that perspective, but it also has a lot of interesting interviews with Chileans and Yvon and Doug, and a strong environmental theme.

Last edited by Peregrine : 08-09-2010 at 02:51 AM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #4237
Pyser
Pro Rookie

duplicity - 6/10

confusing way to tell the story, good payoff in end. id spoiler some stuff if anyone cares. oh, the movie is way too long though. owen and roberts were fine.
Pyser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:47 PM   #4238
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

The Other Guys- 7/10

My favorite characters were the Rock and Samuel L Jackson. They should get a prequel starring them. Okay, maybe that would be too much, but they had me howling.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:22 PM   #4239
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
The Other Guys- 7/10

My favorite characters were the Rock and Samuel L Jackson. They should get a prequel starring them. Okay, maybe that would be too much, but they had me howling.

Would also give it a 7/10. I'm not a Will Ferrell fan but just needed to get out of the house for a while and hopefully laugh a bit. Fit the bill well.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #4240
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Watched Kick Ass a few days ago and really enjoyed it.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:06 AM   #4241
JS19
College Prospect

These are just based on entertainment type purpose and based on my type of humor...

Get Him to the Greek 8/10 - Found it hilarious, Jonah Hill is a favorite of mine and same goes for Russell Brand

Zombieland 8/10 - Woody Harrelson put this one over the top for me. Really enjoyed the under the radar remarks and subtle humor of this one.

Hottub Time Machine 8/10 - Need to watch this one again. I remember laughing a lot, just can't pinpoint any specific moments. I do remember Rob Corddry being absolutely hysterical.

Not gonna win any awards, but they all gave me a great laugh and kept me entertained.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:20 AM   #4243
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
District 9 - 4/10

Seemed like a bad BBC mockumentary. Didn't know going in that it was a Peter Jackson abortion but it quickly became apparent his shit covered hands had touched everything in the film. Someone with the ability to make a quality movie could probably have upped this to a 6 or 7.

Yeah, if only Peter Jackson could make a quality movie.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:24 AM   #4244
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

You ever look at this thread and see people crap all over a movie you absolutely loved and got some measure of critical acclaim and wonder what movie these other people saw?

Yeah, that defines what I feel when I see people rank District 9 anything under a 8/10.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:34 AM   #4245
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Yeah, if only Peter Jackson could make a quality movie.

Yes. If only he could, say, make a triology of films of one of the greatest works of fantasy fiction of all time that, in many ways, surpass the original material. If only...

That said, I thought his "King Kong" was abysmal.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:35 AM   #4246
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
You ever look at this thread and see people crap all over a movie you absolutely loved and got some measure of critical acclaim and wonder what movie these other people saw?

Yeah, that defines what I feel when I see people rank District 9 anything under a 8/10.

I believe our man HifFi walks to the beat of his own drummer... Things I know he hates: Peter Jackson, Barry Sanders and Mike Green.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #4247
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

There have been others that have given that movie a low score as well.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:47 AM   #4248
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'd give District 9 a 6 at the highest. "Heavy handed" would be putting it mildly.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:52 AM   #4249
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I was one of the people who rated District 9 pretty low. I saw it when it was in the theatres and I think my biggest problem was that many of you simply talked up that movie way too much. Going in to see a movie that many others rated as an 8/10 or better to me means it needs to be pretty much a drop everything and see that movie type of rating.

Instead, I was very underwhelmed as it did not live up to the hype. My wife was even more critical when we saw it and I think she uttered something along of the lines of "What type of movie did you take me to?" Maybe when I did rate District 9, i rated it a point too low, but it easily was no better than a 6/10 for me and that would even be generous.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #4250
Autumn
Head Coach

Days of Heaven - 5/10

I really was impressed with A New World, have watched it numerous times. So I wanted to try some older Malick. I picked this one partly because I could get my wife to watch it since it starred Richard Gere. I was unimpressed. It wasn't exactly bad, but not captivating, and I found the visuals, which Malick is known for, only sometimes engaging. The acting was rather wooden and the narrator came across as sillier than they wanted I think. Oh well.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote