Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-01-2023, 06:26 PM   #1
Gordonzolar
n00b

FOF Facepacks

ALL 32 NFL FACEPACK VERSION 1.1

content:
2140 Player Faces

HOW TO INSTALL
Download the .zip.
unpack the content into the following folder:

C:\Users\[YOUR NAME]\AppData\Local\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football Nine\saved_games\[YOUR UNIVERSE]\portraits

Download: All 32 NFL Facepack 1.0 by Gordonzolar.zip - Google Drive

ALL 32 NFL FACEPACK UPDATE 1

content:
added 124 new faces, that brings the total to 2264 player faces

You need the All 32 Facepack 1.0 for all faces. This pack only includes the 124 new faces.

HOW TO INSTALL
Download the .zip.

C:\Users\[YOUR NAME]\AppData\Local\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football Nine\saved_games\[YOUR UNIVERSE]\portraits

Download: All 32 NFL Update 1.zip - Google Drive

no restart required.
You can use them with other than default skin colors, however they will have a dark background behind the player cutout.

Please report faces (+ID) that are either false or need to be redone if you believe they should.

FAQ:

I can't find my universe/savegame
A: enable "show hidden files" in windows (thanks Sweed)

Will there be updates?
Yes, I still have about 300 unassigned faces of fringeroster players, free agents and players that moved teams. However it takes a bit longer to assign these to the players. Version 1.0 is sufficient for now to have fun!

Will there be a coaches facepack?
See downpat74: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...7&postcount=26

Will there be a facepack compatible with other skin colors?
as of now: No. However there are a couple of tests I will try to see if I can make that possible.

have fun!

FANTASY FACEPACK

content: 176 faces for personal use

these are 176 player faces that belong to real players, who are not in the default roster provided by the game.
You can use them for fictional players and draftees.

check the ID on the player screen, rename a file of your choice in this pack to playerID.bmp (i.e. 6201.bmp) and copy it into

Download: Fantasy Faces.rar - Google Drive

Last edited by Gordonzolar : 11-25-2023 at 12:42 PM.
Gordonzolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 05:42 AM   #2
jamesUMD
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordonzolar View Post
Hello everyone,

anybody else working on facepacks? If so, lets try to coordinate our work so we quickly have all original faces in the game.

That was super easy to install and worked as stated. Awesome job. Admittedly wish I had time for this (to help with the creation). Makes it so much more immesive.
Old 11-02-2023, 12:57 PM   #3
K1ng_L1zard
n00b

What do you use to make the facepacks? Could certainly help and do a team or a division.
K1ng_L1zard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 01:00 PM   #4
Gallifrey
High School Varsity

This is very cool. Good job.
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 01:09 PM   #5
Buko424
n00b

Good idea! Here is one I just put together for the Bears, I did my best to follow the cropping/size/bg color used in yours. Thanks!

Bears.zip - Google Drive

Last edited by Buko424 : 11-02-2023 at 01:40 PM.
Buko424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 01:20 PM   #6
Buko424
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1ng_L1zard View Post
What do you use to make the facepacks? Could certainly help and do a team or a division.

I opened up FOF and a browser with ESPN's team roster, go through each player to download (right click photo -> save image as) and save as the "Universe ID" in FOF. I found this easiest to do from the Team Roster Screen, filtering by position, that way you can use the down arrows to go to the next player and save some clicks. These will be rectangular PNGS, so I do a batch edit/conversion using XNViewMP (Free for personal use: https://www.xnview.com/en/xnviewmp) to crop/convert the photos.

XNViewMP Settings: https://imgur.com/a/15NHiae

Last edited by Buko424 : 11-02-2023 at 01:25 PM.
Buko424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 02:44 PM   #7
Gordonzolar
n00b

good news.

I found a tool (14 day trial) that automatically downloads the faces from the ESPN roster page. Paired with a batch edit in Photoshop I found a way quicker method to create the portraits.
only thing that is missing is the naming from PatrickMahomes.bmp to 532.bmp which I will have to do manually.

Next up will be a complete pack of the NFC East.
Old 11-02-2023, 02:54 PM   #8
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Let me know if you want any help with the manual naming part
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 09:03 AM   #9
Gordonzolar
n00b

NFC EAST FACEPACK

Download: NFC East Facepack by Gordonzolar.zip - Google Drive

227 player faces.
5 staff members

HOW TO INSTALL
Download the .zip.

no restart required.
You can use them with other than default skin colors, however they will have a dark background behind the player cutout.

Going forward, I'm not sure if I will release division by division or rather just the whole NFL once it is done, because right now, there are some differences between the ingame-rosters and the real life rosters on ESPN, which is the reason some faces are missing.

After the rosters are done, I'm also planning on doing a Pack for Staff Members in the future.

Last edited by Gordonzolar : 11-05-2023 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-05-2023, 09:25 AM   #10
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Thanks Gordonzolar. Look great in game and looking forward to the pack when done, however you decide to proceed.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 04:21 PM   #11
cdcool
n00b

Nice Work on the NFC East Faces!
cdcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 02:36 PM   #12
downpat75
n00b

I've been working on team facepacks, but not in any useful order lol. One thing I'm doing is leaving the downloaded player pics(named pngs) in the folder in case people want to edit/crop/color them differently.

If anyone wants to use them I've got them here:
Bengals - Bengals
Bills - Bills
Broncos - Broncos
Cardinals - Cardinals
Falcons - Falcons
Panthers - Panthers
Ravens - Ravens
Browns - Browns

Last edited by downpat75 : 11-06-2023 at 04:07 PM. Reason: added Browns
downpat75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 03:47 PM   #13
Gordonzolar
n00b

just a quick heads-up: I plan on releasing a facepack for all 32 teams with round about 2000 portraits tomorrow.
Old 11-06-2023, 08:13 PM   #14
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
just a quick heads-up: I plan on releasing a facepack for all 32 teams with round about 2000 portraits tomorrow.

Nice Thank you for all of the hard work.
Old 11-06-2023, 11:53 PM   #15
DukeStanley
n00b

Quote:

This is amazing, thank you!

I'm having an issue finding my universe and saved game. The pathway you listed doesn't work for me. The only FOF folders I can find are 'artwork' 'custom_example' and 'default_data'.

Does anyone have any advice for a n00b as to where I may find this folder? Im on Steam if that helps..
DukeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 12:27 AM   #16
cdcool
n00b

Quote:

Cool!
Old 11-07-2023, 06:48 AM   #17
gfrench
n00b

Awesome!!!!!
gfrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 07:58 AM   #18
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeStanley View Post
This is amazing, thank you!

I'm having an issue finding my universe and saved game. The pathway you listed doesn't work for me. The only FOF folders I can find are 'artwork' 'custom_example' and 'default_data'.

Does anyone have any advice for a n00b as to where I may find this folder? Im on Steam if that helps..

You have to enable "show hidden files" in windows.
Old 11-07-2023, 01:45 PM   #19
Gordonzolar
n00b

ALL 32 NFL FACEPACK VERSION 1.0

content:
2140 Player Faces

HOW TO INSTALL
Download the .zip.

no restart required.

Please report faces (+ID) that are either false or need to be redone if you believe they should.

FAQ:

I can't find my universe/savegame
A: enable "show hidden files" in windows (thanks Sweed)

Will there be updates?
Yes, I still have about 300 unassigned faces of fringeroster players, free agents and players that moved teams. However it takes a bit longer to assign these to the players. Version 1.0 is sufficient for now to have fun!

I plan on doing one in the future, it will take more time than player faces though.

as of now: No. However there are a couple of tests I will try to see if I can make that possible.

have fun!
Old 11-07-2023, 02:04 PM   #20
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Can you put this info in the first post of the thread? I'm going to link to it in the reference thread, but it would be best for folks who find this later on to go to the first post, and not #19.
Old 11-07-2023, 02:08 PM   #21
Gordonzolar
n00b

done! totally forgot about that.
Old 11-07-2023, 02:13 PM   #22
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 02:14 PM   #23
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Linked in reference thread.
Old 11-07-2023, 10:31 PM   #24
DukeStanley
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
You have to enable "show hidden files" in windows.

wow lol I had no idea. Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate this!
DukeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 12:06 AM   #25
cdcool
n00b

Outstanding!
Thank you!
Old 11-08-2023, 07:00 PM   #26
downpat75
n00b

All 32 Teams NFL Coaching Staffs FOF9 Facepack

2023 NFL Coaching Staffs (s1)
2023 NFL Coaching Staffs (s0)

Enjoy!

*Noticed some irregularities with the ID numbering, so there are two files now. One with coach IDs starting with 1 and another with 0. (Cardinal HC Jonathan Gannon should be 0 or 1).
**I also made some fixes/edits to the Cardinals and Broncos staffs to get there pics a little cleaner and more in line with the others proportionally.

Last edited by downpat75 : 11-09-2023 at 11:51 AM. Reason: updating files for s1/s0
Old 11-09-2023, 12:22 AM   #27
james17
n00b

Stunning work! I have no idea how you did it but the results are fantastic!!
Thanks so much for your hard work.
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 09:38 AM   #28
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by downpat75 View Post

2023 NFL Coaching Staffs

Enjoy!

First thanks for putting this together.

I did try it in my game and it appears the coach ID's are one digit off. Easy to look at head coaches to find examples, ie Andy Reid in your file is "s66" in the game he's "s65". Sean McVay in your file is "s131" in the game he's "s130". Pete Carrol is s120 in game, s121 in your file.

My Rams are the only team I looked at the whole staff and the "one off" holds true for all of them too.

I did try the 2023_coashes csv you included with the d'load in case there were any differences. Same result with it as the original.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Old 11-09-2023, 10:04 AM   #29
Gordonzolar
n00b

Haven't looked into this, but ran into similar issues when creating coaches faces: If you open the coaches.csv, the number on the left does not match the ingame number of the coach. it is (as you said) -1.
The first row in the csv is the row with all the headings, so coach names start at row #2.
Old 11-09-2023, 10:58 AM   #30
downpat75
n00b

I just double checked in my file and the numbers definitely are matching my file for the universe I used to download/name/create the coach images.

However, I created a new universe and it did reduce all the numbers by 1 so it's off by one as you describe. So I'm stumped haha. I think I can quickly rename them all and reduce by one.

In both my 2023_coaches and default one Pete is on line 122, which should associate with ID s121, but in a new universe he's getting s120. I think I'm missing something.

I wonder if after the update the ID generation starts at 0 on the coaches file?

Last edited by downpat75 : 11-09-2023 at 11:10 AM. Reason: question about update/zero start
Old 11-23-2023, 10:14 AM   #31
echolodge
n00b

Smile

Quote:
ALL 32 NFL FACEPACK VERSION 1.0

content:
2140 Player Faces

HOW TO INSTALL
Download the .zip.

no restart required.

FAQ:

[B]I can't find my universe/savegame
A: enable "show hidden files" in windows (thanks Sweed)[/b]

Will there be updates?

I plan on doing one in the future, it will take more time than player faces though.

have fun!

It took me a LONG time to figure out why I wasn't finding the AppData\Local folders to extract files for logos and player pictures. So thank you for pointing out that you must go to windows settings and slide on show hidden files in File Explorer.
echolodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 12:38 PM   #32
Gordonzolar
n00b

ALL 32 NFL FACEPACK UPDATE 1

content:
added 124 new faces, that brings the total to 2264 player faces

You need the All 32 Facepack 1.0 for all faces. This pack only includes the 124 new faces.

HOW TO INSTALL
Download the .zip.

Download: All 32 NFL Update 1.zip - Google Drive

FANTASY FACEPACK

content: 176 faces for personal use

these are 176 player faces that belong to real players, who are not in the default roster provided by the game.
You can use them for fictional players and draftees.

check the ID on the player screen, rename a file of your choice in this pack to playerID.bmp (i.e. 6201.bmp) and copy it into

Download: Fantasy Faces.rar - Google Drive

Last edited by Gordonzolar : 11-25-2023 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:10 PM   #33
canuxrok
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by downpat75 View Post

2023 NFL Coaching Staffs (s1)
2023 NFL Coaching Staffs (s0)

Enjoy!

*Noticed some irregularities with the ID numbering, so there are two files now. One with coach IDs starting with 1 and another with 0. (Cardinal HC Jonathan Gannon should be 0 or 1).
**I also made some fixes/edits to the Cardinals and Broncos staffs to get there pics a little cleaner and more in line with the others proportionally.

Do you leave them in the coaches folder or move them directly into the portraits folder? and what determines if you use the png ones or the other ones?
canuxrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 11:32 PM   #34
canuxrok
n00b

Nvm I figured it out. Move them directly to the portraits folder, don't use the png ones
canuxrok is offline   Reply With Quote