Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-25-2020, 12:22 PM   #1
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2020

For those of you getting the college hoops itch...

Get Ready To Cut Down The Nets With Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2020 - Wolverine Studios

First beta drops tomorrow - release on the 9th. Screens, trailer, other info at that link above. Got the game on the new platform we are using so everything has changed in terms of look and feel like it did with the pro game and the same changes coming to the football games as well. Feel free to ask questions - thanks as always to the FOFC members who support us.

Gary Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:11 PM   #2
BigDPW
College Prospect

Pre-ordered today and looking forward to trying it out soon as I find time to play. I loved the changes to the pro game this year and can't wait to see some of the same features implemented in the college hoops game!
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:20 PM   #3
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Looks really good Gary. I’m guessing there will be “mods” to make real team names, logos, players??

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:12 PM   #4
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Looks really good Gary. I’m guessing there will be “mods” to make real team names, logos, players??

There is an excellent modder for the CB series who has a mod that will be launched possibly even tomorrow with the launch of FirstAccess
Old 02-25-2020, 09:29 PM   #5
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Perfect - thanks! Count me in

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 02-26-2020, 08:53 AM   #6
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm IN too, hopefully will dig into a SLU dynasty tonight.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 01:24 PM   #7
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

If you pre-ordered the first build is now live just follow that link in your email. If you haven't done so yet let's get moving....March is almost here and you know you're going to have that itch for college hoops so might as well save a little and buy it now
Old 02-26-2020, 02:51 PM   #8
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So can this game be played now? I’m a bit of a Neanderthal with this stuff.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:20 PM   #9
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
So can this game be played now? I’m a bit of a Neanderthal with this stuff.

Yeah you can play, we've been play testing in private for a while now. There is also a mod coming according to creator NCAAhoops in a couple hours.

The game is still technically in beta, you might come across bugs etc but for a small company this is the best way for us to do launches. We test internally with a small group, then offer a pre-order discount and expand that group with this phase by allowing the beta to be playable to those pre-orders and then we launch officially which in this case will be March 9th.

You are also free to pre-order now just for the savings and wait for 3/9 if that's more your style. Whatever works for you - we're happy for the additional help in testing but totally understand if some people don't want to do that.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:29 PM   #10
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Gary - will we be able to keep our saved careers after beta is over and you go live on the 9th?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 02-26-2020, 05:34 PM   #11
Izulde
Head Coach

20 has been the best version of Pro Basketball by far. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see it hold true for the college version as well.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:36 PM   #12
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Gary - will we be able to keep our saved careers after beta is over and you go live on the 9th?

Here's what I said about it on the WS Forums

There's always also the chance that something new has to be added and your save game becomes unplayable so don't get too attached to any beta seasons It's rare that we have to do this but if its necessary or a really good idea comes up that would require this to happen then we will do it.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:53 PM   #13
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
Yeah you can play, we've been play testing in private for a while now. There is also a mod coming according to creator NCAAhoops in a couple hours.

The game is still technically in beta, you might come across bugs etc but for a small company this is the best way for us to do launches. We test internally with a small group, then offer a pre-order discount and expand that group with this phase by allowing the beta to be playable to those pre-orders and then we launch officially which in this case will be March 9th.

You are also free to pre-order now just for the savings and wait for 3/9 if that's more your style. Whatever works for you - we're happy for the additional help in testing but totally understand if some people don't want to do that.

anything special I have to do or can I get the game off steam?
Old 02-26-2020, 06:00 PM   #14
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
anything special I have to do or can I get the game off steam?

Once its available on steam you can buy it from there.....if you pre order now, you'll get a free steam key on top of getting a license for the non-steam version. First access program is using the non-steam version. Once you pre-order, you will get link to download and install the game.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 06:11 PM   #15
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Logos, names, etc. mod released...

• View topic - College Mod Version 1.01
Old 02-26-2020, 10:53 PM   #16
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The main mod and coach faces mod are both excellent as usual. Such a treat having the real logos/courts/jerseys/coach stats/etc.. in the game.

There is also a readme file on the main mod that explains how to install it all (very easy) as well as getting the correct tournaments and logos into the game.

I can't even fire up 19 anymore. Like DDSPB20, the new UI is so easy on the eyes, well laid out and easy to find what you want and where you need to go. Congrats on another great release Gary!

Here we go SEMO!!!

Last edited by MizzouRah : 02-26-2020 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:07 AM   #17
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

I love to talk about when people do awesome things with the mods...NCAAhoops has outdone himself with facegen versions of some of the most notable coaches.

NCAAhoops coach pictures

Amazing work - now I just need to figure out how to get an angry Tom Izzo stomping around on the sidelines looking like he's going to bust a vein any minute

Last edited by Gary Gorski : 02-27-2020 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:28 AM   #18
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I love to talk about when people do awesome things with the mods...NCAAhoops has outdone himself with facegen versions of some of the most notable coaches.

NCAAhoops coach pictures

Amazing work - now I just need to figure out how to get an angry Tom Izzo stomping around on the sidelines looking like he's going to bust a vein any minute

Don't forget about Bruce Pearl.

Recruiting is so much easier and faster now. Too bad nobody wants to come to SEMO.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:34 AM   #19
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I just fired it up. O like the interface but doing initial recruiting and I can't figure out how to add someone to my watch list
Old 02-27-2020, 12:25 PM   #20
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
I just fired it up. O like the interface but doing initial recruiting and I can't figure out how to add someone to my watch list

Highlight the player and press W (or C for call list or B for both lists)

There is a button on the screen with a ? icon - that will remind you of the quick keys you can use on the screen
Old 02-27-2020, 12:30 PM   #21
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Highlight the player and press W (or C for call list or B for both lists)

There is a button on the screen with a ? icon - that will remind you of the quick keys you can use on the screen

cool. thanks.
No button?
Old 02-27-2020, 12:56 PM   #22
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
cool. thanks.
No button?

not at the moment but a few have asked so I might see if I can squeeze them in somewhere
Old 02-27-2020, 02:02 PM   #23
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

ok buttons coming in the next build for the call and watch list
Old 02-27-2020, 04:00 PM   #24
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

This looks great, and I’m going to purchase the game this evening when I get home from work.

College football is my favorite sport, and I’d like to thank Wolverine Studios for the recently released DDS College Football 2020. I think they’re the only company that has released a decent college football simulation game since 2005.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 05:38 PM   #25
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Gary releases College Football, Pro Football, College Basketball, and NBA Basketball pretty much yearly for the past 4-5 years. His games never disappoint and have made huge strides in the past few years. The in game logic is much improved.

I usually buy the football versions but dont end up playing them much but I really get into the basketball games.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:26 PM   #26
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Gary releases College Football, Pro Football, College Basketball, and NBA Basketball pretty much yearly for the past 4-5 years. His games never disappoint and have made huge strides in the past few years. The in game logic is much improved.

I usually buy the football versions but dont end up playing them much but I really get into the basketball games.

I thank you for your very kind words and awesome support!!!
Old 02-28-2020, 10:00 AM   #27
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I have a cheat sheet I printed out with the keyboard commands, once you get used to them it makes recruiting much easier and quicker. I'll never click those buttons.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:57 AM   #28
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I have a cheat sheet I printed out with the keyboard commands, once you get used to them it makes recruiting much easier and quicker. I'll never click those buttons.

Buttons all the way....keystrokes too old school Gary is doing the best, giving both types of users ways to accomplish the task.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:09 PM   #29
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post
Buttons all the way....keystrokes too old school Gary is doing the best, giving both types of users ways to accomplish the task.

Right on!
Old 02-28-2020, 10:01 PM   #30
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So I am in to the season now. Simming through the days seems cumbersome. I will often click the sim button several times before any games even pop up. an option to sim to your teams next game would be awesome.
Old 02-29-2020, 10:38 AM   #31
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
So I am in to the season now. Simming through the days seems cumbersome. I will often click the sim button several times before any games even pop up. an option to sim to your teams next game would be awesome.

So what might work well here would be to go in the upper left corner menu and under options turn off the option to simulate all human games. That should then default your games to being played. Then I would choose the sim week option or something and when it gets to your game it will bring it up as if you were going to watch the 2D. You can cancel that and then the sim will be stopped at your game for you to do whatever you want to do and then you can uncheck the box on the schedule screen and sim it when you are ready as part of the next group of sims you want to run.

I could potentially look at building in a stop on next game day option in the meantime
Old 03-03-2020, 09:04 PM   #32
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Just a bump here to remind you guys if you are interested in pre-ordering you only have a few more days before the launch on the 9th. You can start playing the betas right away too - they're very stable, so far only minor issues have been reported and some suggestions added. Hope to see you guys give it a shot - demo will be available on the 9th as well
Old 03-10-2020, 04:55 PM   #33
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Released yesterday.....

Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2020 - Wolverine Studios
Old 03-10-2020, 05:14 PM   #34
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Congrats on the release Gary!

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit!!
Old 03-10-2020, 10:22 PM   #35
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

Quote:
Just a bump here to remind you guys if you are interested in pre-ordering you only have a few more days before the launch on the 9th. You can start playing the betas right away too - they're very stable, so far only minor issues have been reported and some suggestions added. Hope to see you guys give it a shot - demo will be available on the 9th as well
No offense, but past iterations of this game have not impressed me or pulled me away from my Fastbreak College B ball. With that said, this version is a huge leap forward in my opinion compared to years past. I am enjoying it quite a bit and expect to get a lot of playtime out of it. Great job!
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 12:35 AM   #36
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

I'm really enjoying this game. Nice touch with Selection Sunday and "One Shining Moment."
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:11 AM   #37
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniCub View Post
No offense, but past iterations of this game have not impressed me or pulled me away from my Fastbreak College B ball. With that said, this version is a huge leap forward in my opinion compared to years past. I am enjoying it quite a bit and expect to get a lot of playtime out of it. Great job!

What do you feel makes the difference? I’m in the same boat and the previous versions I’ve tried haven’t clicked with me.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:16 AM   #38
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I tried the demo, but the user interface is too vast, and it's too slow for me to sim fast, you have to click past every stage even in commish mode. It's a different sort of game, a kind of FM-type experience obviously not as polished, but conceptually it's just a different mindset for a game.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:44 AM   #39
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
I tried the demo, but the user interface is too vast, and it's too slow for me to sim fast, you have to click past every stage even in commish mode. It's a different sort of game, a kind of FM-type experience obviously not as polished, but conceptually it's just a different mindset for a game.

You don't actually have to click through every week - if you want to skip through all of the summer stuff and get right to the season there is an option in your email on the first day (buy reports stage) to skip the whole summer. One click and you just wait while it goes through each stage automatically. There is also an alert in the alerts menu on that day telling you that you can skip ahead.

And yes, it does take some time to go through a season because the game is doing an awful lot of stuff. The recruiting aspect is incredibly deep so having 353 teams constantly making decisions on a recruit pool of 1800 players is time consuming and once the season begins there are thousands of games being simulated plus recruiting still going on.

Last edited by Gary Gorski : 03-16-2020 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:57 PM   #41
Comey
College Starter

I wrote up some impressions of my own as well, which can be found here:

Review of Draft Day Sports College Basketball 2020: A deep dive into a college basketball universe all your own - GM Games - Sports General Manager Video Games

This is a rough time to be an indy developer. This is Gary's boom time, due to the NCAA Tournament. Of course, there is no tournament this year. So, please, if you can, please show support for Gary (as well as Markus, and anyone else in this boat). There are no bailouts for this genre, so it's up to us to promote and support as best we can.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:42 PM   #42
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
I wrote up some impressions of my own as well, which can be found here:

This is a rough time to be an indy developer. This is Gary's boom time, due to the NCAA Tournament. Of course, there is no tournament this year. So, please, if you can, please show support for Gary (as well as Markus, and anyone else in this boat). There are no bailouts for this genre, so it's up to us to promote and support as best we can.

I appreciate John - he's been a friend and supporter for many, many years so I wanted to make sure his link gets posted since the one he posted goes to the review from GM Games

John Comey pays a visit to DDSCB20 and shares his impressions

I also appreciate his sentiment - college basketball is our best selling product and really produces enough sales to "get through" for a couple of months of the year. To lose the tournament is a devastating blow for interest in the game. I would also echo those sentiments for Markus as well - obviously OOTP is WAY bigger than I am but they're losing opening day and all the excitement looking to a new baseball season so that's bound to hurt them as well.

I appreciate anyone who has the means to support companies like mine and OOTP especially in times like this. If you can, it's a great time to buy a game - you can impact a small business and get a great product that will help you pass the many hours you might be stuck at home in the coming days.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:44 PM   #43
TexasT
Mascot

Have pretty much all of your games and also buy all OOTP games. LOve em and will always support both.
TexasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 06:32 PM   #44
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
Have pretty much all of your games and also buy all OOTP games. LOve em and will always support both.

Agreed 1000%
Old 03-28-2020, 08:31 PM   #45
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

That ESPN blurb should help? Very cool.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:58 PM   #46
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post