Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-20-2008, 10:23 PM   #101
Anthony
Banned

i'm glad i got that middle reliever. about time i get a stud reliever. i'm happy. starting pitching is looking solidly average so i'm gonna need all the late inning help i can get. also happy to get my last SP to round out my rotation. that guy i got was very decent, i'm happy with that signing. i don't always get everyone i want, but i'm able to rope in my share of FAs.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:25 PM   #102
Tasan
College Starter

Wow thats a shallow draft pool.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:30 PM   #103
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Anyone have any insight into room for extensions?

Right now I have (according to the salary report) a projected payroll of $43.5 M for the 1986 season. That would lead me to guess I should have $21.5 M or so available for extensions. Well, I don't. Game says I have $12 M-ish.

So where's that $9.5 M gone to?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:44 AM   #104
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Anyone have any insight into room for extensions?

Right now I have (according to the salary report) a projected payroll of $43.5 M for the 1986 season. That would lead me to guess I should have $21.5 M or so available for extensions. Well, I don't. Game says I have $12 M-ish.

So where's that $9.5 M gone to?
It is because of Romero, Duffy, Zambrano, Colon and Grant.

The game has them listed as possible free agents next season, but it is also possible that they could still be arbitration eligible so the game saves what it feels should be enough money for those players for next year's arbitration just in case they don't get enough service time to become a free agent.

In our league because there are no injuries or reasons to go onto the Disabled list mid-season it is almost a lock that they all will end up as free agents at the end of the season.. the game just is not smart enough to realize that.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:56 AM   #105
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
It is because of Romero, Duffy, Zambrano, Colon and Grant.

The game has them listed as possible free agents next season, but it is also possible that they could still be arbitration eligible so the game saves what it feels should be enough money for those players for next year's arbitration just in case they don't get enough service time to become a free agent.

In our league because there are no injuries or reasons to go onto the Disabled list mid-season it is almost a lock that they all will end up as free agents at the end of the season.. the game just is not smart enough to realize that.

But they are all listed as free agents to be right now. If they were shown as arbitration eligible, the salary report would show the arbitration figures. In fact, for Romero and Duffy, that's exactly what they did show until this past sim, when those two apparently reached enough service time to be free agents.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:00 AM   #106
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But they are all listed as free agents to be right now. If they were shown as arbitration eligible, the salary report would show the arbitration figures. In fact, for Romero and Duffy, that's exactly what they did show until this past sim, when those two apparently reached enough service time to be free agents.

You would think that. But the game is not consistent between reports. Go to Romero's card, or pull up the financial information screen on the roster list instead. You will see he is still listed as possible arbitration status as he has not gotten enough years to become a free agent. If he stays up in the majors the entire season he will be a free agent however. But just in case, the game makes sure to put enough aside just in case he is still arbitration eligible at the end of the season. It likely reserves something close (but not exact) to the current salary

The Salary report doesn't show it I assume because it thinks it likely they will become a free agent.. but I can promise if he doesn't get any service time this season he wouldn't end up as a free agent. Since we don't have Disabled lists or such in this league that doesn't matter.

Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger. Send all complaints to Germany

Old 11-21-2008, 08:04 AM   #107
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Actually just checking, in the player card you can also see what their arbitration estimate is for next year. Romero is making 4.6 this season, but his arbitration estimate for next season is only 4.3m

Zambrano = 1.3m
Colon = 692k
Duffy = 2.7m
Grant = 479k

All of that roughly totals up to = 9.5mil which is likely right about your missing amount if I do not recall correctly.

I'm not sure why I am helping you today though.. you're on my bad list for other reasons!

Old 11-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #108
Ramzavail
College Starter

I really though I exported, but ok :/
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #109
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Ok, so curious if anyone else noticed what I did. Granted not everything is correct, but.... Jose Canseco is in this years draft!!! The strange thing is that the player is from Cuba, plays the 2 positions that Canseco played and is coming into our league the same year he debuted in MLB. He is not that powerful so I say he takes some steroids, what do you say Alan?

Last edited by Commo_Soldier : 11-21-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Commo_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:01 PM   #110
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Dola, just curious what the rest of the league thinks about this Idea. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I typically sort by potential. The thing that drives me nuts is that the potential appears to be based off of peak career years and not remaining peak years. Does anyone else think this should be switched or does everyone like to see how good the player was in their prime?
Old 11-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #111
muns
Pro Starter

Ive exported for the night Alan. Game today and tomorrow. Good luck to all for the draft and whats left in FA. Some decent guys left out there looking for some hefty pay!
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:08 PM   #112
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Quote:
I'm not sure why I am helping you today though.. you're on my bad list for other reasons!

The first rule of werewolf is...no metagaming.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:51 PM   #113
dacubz
n00b

Is the draft being done through the in-game draft list? Haven't used it before, but it has crashed my game twice so far trying to save it.
Hardball Heroes Springfield Cubs
dacubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:00 PM   #114
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacubz View Post
Is the draft being done through the in-game draft list? Haven't used it before, but it has crashed my game twice so far trying to save it.

Yes, we do use the ingame draft list.

We had this problem several seasons ago where it was crashing for people. Is it crashing when you do CPU auto-recommend? If so, you don't need to auto-recommend. Just pick your top choices in order, and go however deep that you want to pick people (whether it is only 5 players, 20 players or 100 players). You can then copy that list of players that you assigned to all drafts and you're good to go.

Anything that you leave blank is autopicked by the CPU anyways, so no need to auto-suggest.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:08 PM   #115
Tasan
College Starter

Oh I have to save often because it crashes all the time when using the draft list. Thats a very buggy section of the software I fear, probably because it wasn't tested much in beta.

It crashes on me dropping players into the list. It crashes pasting lists. It crashes leaving the list. Its my biggest source of frustration.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #116
dacubz
n00b

I had a partial list created, but thought that I'd take a look at what auto suggest would do. It crashed the game, and now freezes the league when I even try to get to the draft page. Oh well, time to reinstall the league file!
Old 11-21-2008, 07:53 PM   #117
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
Ok, so curious if anyone else noticed what I did. Granted not everything is correct, but.... Jose Canseco is in this years draft!!! The strange thing is that the player is from Cuba, plays the 2 positions that Canseco played and is coming into our league the same year he debuted in MLB. He is not that powerful so I say he takes some steroids, what do you say Alan?

RF and SP?

Old 11-21-2008, 07:54 PM   #118
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Old 11-21-2008, 08:49 PM   #119
Ramzavail
College Starter

can I have five mins
Old 11-21-2008, 08:57 PM   #120
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
can I have five mins

Let me know when you are all set.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:59 PM   #121
dacubz
n00b

The draft list really screwed my game up. The pulldown menu freezes even after I reinstalled the file and the game. So much for my draft tonight.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:00 PM   #122
Ramzavail
College Starter

Quote:
The draft list really screwed my game up. The pulldown menu freezes even after I reinstalled the file and the game. So much for my draft tonight.

same here wtf
Old 11-21-2008, 09:02 PM   #123
dacubz
n00b

At least I uploaded spring training earlier.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:03 PM   #124
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Is it the old auto-suggest issue with the draft list getting you all, or something else?

If this is a huge issue for people, I can put up an out-of-game draft tool to use instead. I never had problems with the draft list myself though so need people to let me know how widespread this is. (Is this everyone having a problem or just one or two people? If one or two people, we can try to figure out why just them.)

I can probably have a draft tool online after thanksgiving fairly quickly if that is what is needed.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:05 PM   #125
Ramzavail
College Starter

i won't touch it, i dont really care that much, whatever the AI picks is fine, I won't force it.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:07 PM   #126
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
i won't touch it, i dont really care that much, whatever the AI picks is fine, I won't force it.

Sorry about your draft list issues. Do you still need more time or all set then for tonight?

Dacubz, did you need more time as well, or all set? If you need time it is ok, just want to get this started once everyone is ready because I need to leave soon.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:07 PM   #127
brittdad
n00b

?
brittdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:08 PM   #128
Ramzavail
College Starter

uploaded.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:08 PM   #129
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

I created my list with no problems. Of course I've also been on the other side of the fence before too where everything I did resulted into a crash to desktop...

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:08 PM   #130
dacubz
n00b

I'm OK to go too. On a sidenote, the draft list option now shows up in my leagues that aren't even drafting now. The menu is fubared, and I'll need a uninstall/reinstall to correct it methinks!
Old 11-21-2008, 09:10 PM   #131
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm OK to go too. On a sidenote, the draft list option now shows up in my leagues that aren't even drafting now. The menu is fubared, and I'll need a uninstall/reinstall to correct it methinks!

Eew that sucks. I'm several thousand miles from home right now, but once I return I'll try to do a league wide query to see if moving to a different draft option is preferred. I don't want it to be so much of a hassle that it makes things not fun for people.

Ok, I think that is everyone ready. getting the exports now.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:12 PM   #132
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

No exports from Boston, Long Island, Napa Valley and Rio Grande. Doublechecked the ftp server as well to verify they wern't uploaded.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #133
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Wednesday, February 6th, 1985
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed RF D. de Gilde to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SP D. Shearer to a 2-year contract worth a total of $8,300,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed free agent C S. Stevens to a minor league contract.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 3B J. Dawson to a minor league contract extension.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent 3B A. Payton to a 2-year contract worth a total of $4,400,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent MR J. Domínguez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,100,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 2B J. Ortíz to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed MR R. Ramos to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $10,560,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed free agent 3B M. Taylor to a 1-year contract worth a total of $970,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed SP D. Osborne to a minor league contract extension.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed SS J. Ch'ae to a minor league contract extension.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed C J. Robinson to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $17,310,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 2B S. Johnston to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent MR B. Renders to a 3-year contract worth a total of $10,000,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed C G. Johnson to a minor league contract extension.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed SP P. Rodríguez to a minor league contract extension.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed free agent 2B G. Moore to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,265,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed C M. Rodríguez to a minor league contract extension.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed free agent RF L. Bermúdez to a minor league contract.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed CF J. Velasco to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed C C. Brooks to a minor league contract extension.

Tuesday, February 5th, 1985
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed MR P. Camacho to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $1,585,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed SS B. Burton to a minor league contract extension.

Monday, February 4th, 1985
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed free agent LF G. Baker to a 1-year contract worth a total of $9,190,000.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent 1B L. Heijnen to a 1-year contract worth a total of $545,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed CF W. Newton to a minor league contract extension.

Sunday, February 3rd, 1985
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed free agent 3B H. Miranda to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,160,000.
San Diego Fathers: Signed free agent SS Y. Kiyomizu to a 1-year contract worth a total of $690,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed RF F. Wade to a minor league contract extension.

Saturday, February 2nd, 1985
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed LF C. Romero to a 7-year contract extension worth a total of $66,750,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed SP R. Hernández to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed SS D. Harmon to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $3,420,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed MR S. Sanguinacco to a minor league contract extension.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent LF R. Fry to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent LF B. Black to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent CF P. Chevalier to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent RF B. Brown to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent CF E. Colón to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent CF J. Moreno to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent 3B E. Brooks to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent SS J. Yi to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent 2B B. Hough to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent 2B B. Erickson to a minor league contract.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:18 PM   #134
brittdad
n00b

Filling the roster till prospects catch up
Old 11-21-2008, 09:19 PM   #135
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The 1985 Draft rounds 1 through 9:

Round 9
Round 9, Pick 1 - Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: 1B R. Moss
Round 9, Pick 2 - Chicago Black Sox: RF J. Herbert
Round 9, Pick 3 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: RF K. Nallamothu
Round 9, Pick 4 - Long Island Violators: MR J. Parker
Round 9, Pick 5 - Columbus Crusaders: 2B B. Clifton
Round 9, Pick 6 - Napa Valley Winemakers: MR H. Tanaka
Round 9, Pick 7 - Colorado Rancheros: LF D. Wright
Round 9, Pick 8 - Toronto Osprey: MR T. Yamamoto
Round 9, Pick 9 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: RF J. Castaneda
Round 9, Pick 10 - Brooklyn Brownstones: C J. Estrada
Round 9, Pick 11 - New York Panthers: CF A. Saikawa
Round 9, Pick 12 - Boston Bombers: LF M. Cook
Round 9, Pick 13 - San Diego Fathers: MR J. Flores
Round 9, Pick 14 - Atlanta Firecrackers: SS E. Méndez
Round 9, Pick 15 - Hartford Harpooners: RF B. Nicoletti
Round 9, Pick 16 - Baltimore Gothams: CF P. Toler
Round 8
Round 8, Pick 1 - Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: C L. Rodríguez
Round 8, Pick 2 - Chicago Black Sox: MR E. Gómez
Round 8, Pick 3 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: MR J. Pérez
Round 8, Pick 4 - Long Island Violators: LF S. Morrow
Round 8, Pick 5 - Columbus Crusaders: 2B J. Jones
Round 8, Pick 6 - Napa Valley Winemakers: SS D. Regimbald
Round 8, Pick 7 - Colorado Rancheros: 2B K. Kimura
Round 8, Pick 8 - Toronto Osprey: SS C. Torres
Round 8, Pick 9 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: RF R. Paul
Round 8, Pick 10 - Brooklyn Brownstones: MR F. Casillas
Round 8, Pick 11 - New York Panthers: 3B I. Sevares
Round 8, Pick 12 - Boston Bombers: RF R. Hamel
Round 8, Pick 13 - San Diego Fathers: 1B J. Davidson
Round 8, Pick 14 - Atlanta Firecrackers: MR J. McAfee
Round 8, Pick 15 - Hartford Harpooners: MR R. Smith
Round 8, Pick 16 - Baltimore Gothams: 2B V. Bautista
Round 7
Round 7, Pick 1 - Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: 3B G. Jones
Round 7, Pick 2 - Chicago Black Sox: CF C. Rice
Round 7, Pick 3 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: RF G. Soto
Round 7, Pick 4 - Long Island Violators: MR G. Sánchez
Round 7, Pick 5 - Columbus Crusaders: C G. Terry
Round 7, Pick 6 - Napa Valley Winemakers: MR R. Brewster
Round 7, Pick 7 - Colorado Rancheros: SS M. Reese
Round 7, Pick 8 - Toronto Osprey: MR S. Encarnación
Round 7, Pick 9 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: MR M. Femia
Round 7, Pick 10 - Brooklyn Brownstones: C A. Chevalier
Round 7, Pick 11 - New York Panthers: CF A. Parker
Round 7, Pick 12 - Boston Bombers: LF S. Bryant
Round 7, Pick 13 - San Diego Fathers: 2B J. González
Round 7, Pick 14 - Atlanta Firecrackers: C C. Andrews
Round 7, Pick 15 - Hartford Harpooners: RF C. Cruz
Round 7, Pick 16 - Baltimore Gothams: MR J. Ramírez
Round 6
Round 6, Pick 1 - Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: LF Y. Couture
Round 6, Pick 2 - Chicago Black Sox: SP D. Hardy
Round 6, Pick 3 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: SP C. Rivera
Round 6, Pick 4 - Long Island Violators: LF R. Bouchard
Round 6, Pick 5 - Columbus Crusaders: SS S. Gagné
Round 6, Pick 6 - Napa Valley Winemakers: CF R. González
Round 6, Pick 7 - Colorado Rancheros: SP J. Vázquez
Round 6, Pick 8 - Toronto Osprey: 3B J. Hernández
Round 6, Pick 9 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: RF C. Crashaw
Round 6, Pick 10 - Brooklyn Brownstones: LF J. Canseco
Round 6, Pick 11 - New York Panthers: SP P. González
Round 6, Pick 12 - Boston Bombers: SP J. Pacheco
Round 6, Pick 13 - San Diego Fathers: LF A. Sandoval
Round 6, Pick 14 - Atlanta Firecrackers: CL D. Dixon
Round 6, Pick 15 - Hartford Harpooners: MR P. Hill
Round 6, Pick 16 - Baltimore Gothams: C O. Castillo
Round 5
Round 5, Pick 1 - Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: 3B C. Allen
Round 5, Pick 2 - Chicago Black Sox: C F. Lloyd
Round 5, Pick 3 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: MR W. Carr
Round 5, Pick 4 - Long Island Violators: SP T. Ferguson
Round 5, Pick 5 - Columbus Crusaders: SP T. Colwill
Round 5, Pick 6 - Napa Valley Winemakers: SP H. Ho
Round 5, Pick 7 - Colorado Rancheros: RF A. Rodríguez
Round 5, Pick 8 - Toronto Osprey: SP I. López
Round 5, Pick 9 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP C. Thompson
Round 5, Pick 10 - Brooklyn Brownstones: 2B J. Torres
Round 5, Pick 11 - New York Panthers: CF J. O'Keefe
Round 5, Pick 12 - Boston Bombers: C K. van Wijk
Round 5, Pick 13 - San Diego Fathers: SS W. McDonald
Round 5, Pick 14 - Atlanta Firecrackers: 3B L. Trujillo
Round 5, Pick 15 - Hartford Harpooners: RF C. Owens
Round 5, Pick 16 - Baltimore Gothams: 3B M. Rodríguez
Round 4
Round 4, Pick 1 - Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: 3B W. Powell
Round 4, Pick 2 - Chicago Black Sox: SP T. Lane
Round 4, Pick 3 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: MR J. Montés
Round 4, Pick 4 - Long Island Violators: C P. Ramírez
Round 4, Pick 5 - Columbus Crusaders: 3B R. Clear
Round 4, Pick 6 - Napa Valley Winemakers: CF T. Justice
Round 4, Pick 7 - Colorado Rancheros: RF W. Sowards
Round 4, Pick 8 - Toronto Osprey: LF C. Johnston
Round 4, Pick 9 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: 1B A. Murphy
Round 4, Pick 10 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SS Á. Hernández
Round 4, Pick 11 - New York Panthers: 3B M. Cash
Round 4, Pick 12 - Boston Bombers: SP M. Matsumoto
Round 4, Pick 13 - San Diego Fathers: 1B C. Wang
Round 4, Pick 14 - Atlanta Firecrackers: MR J. Brosseau
Round 4, Pick 15 - Hartford Harpooners: C A. Eida
Round 4, Pick 16 - Baltimore Gothams: MR R. Ramírez
Round 3
Round 3, Pick 1 - Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: CL A. Hubley
Round 3, Pick 2 - Chicago Black Sox: SP D. Howard
Round 3, Pick 3 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: MR E. Lyons
Round 3, Pick 4 - Long Island Violators: SP J. Carpenter
Round 3, Pick 5 - Columbus Crusaders: LF G. Herrera
Round 3, Pick 6 - Napa Valley Winemakers: SP J. Adams
Round 3, Pick 7 - Colorado Rancheros: RF J. Reynolds
Round 3, Pick 8 - Toronto Osprey: LF H. Feng
Round 3, Pick 9 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP L. Brantley
Round 3, Pick 10 - Brooklyn Brownstones: RF C. García
Round 3, Pick 11 - New York Panthers: SP R. Hernández
Round 3, Pick 12 - Boston Bombers: SP I. Allaart
Round 3, Pick 13 - San Diego Fathers: 1B W. Kang
Round 3, Pick 14 - Atlanta Firecrackers: 3B G. Brown
Round 3, Pick 15 - Hartford Harpooners: C J. Barton
Round 3, Pick 16 - Baltimore Gothams: MR I. Gengall
Round 2
Round 2, Pick 1 - Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: C J. Montalvo
Round 2, Pick 2 - Chicago Black Sox: SP A. Vargas
Round 2, Pick 3 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: RF C. Harris
Round 2, Pick 4 - Long Island Violators: C L. Bowie
Round 2, Pick 5 - Columbus Crusaders: RF L. De Los Santos
Round 2, Pick 6 - Napa Valley Winemakers: CF P. López
Round 2, Pick 7 - Colorado Rancheros: RF S. Muńóz
Round 2, Pick 8 - Toronto Osprey: SS A. Álvarez
Round 2, Pick 9 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: 3B G. Thorpe
Round 2, Pick 10 - Brooklyn Brownstones: CF D. Harper
Round 2, Pick 11 - New York Panthers: SS T. Buchanan
Round 2, Pick 12 - Boston Bombers: RF W. Mahoney
Round 2, Pick 13 - San Diego Fathers: SP M. Lévesque
Round 2, Pick 14 - Atlanta Firecrackers: MR A. García
Round 2, Pick 15 - Hartford Harpooners: LF A. Williams
Round 2, Pick 16 - Baltimore Gothams: 1B J. Reyes
Round 1
Round 1, Pick 1 - Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: RF B. Rowlands
Round 1, Pick 2 - Chicago Black Sox: CF A. López
Round 1, Pick 3 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: SP P. Ortíz
Round 1, Pick 4 - Long Island Violators: 1B B. McConnell
Round 1, Pick 5 - Columbus Crusaders: 3B T. Wilson
Round 1, Pick 6 - Napa Valley Winemakers: SP J. Webb
Round 1, Pick 7 - Colorado Rancheros: MR R. Castillo
Round 1, Pick 8 - Toronto Osprey: 2B D. Roberson
Round 1, Pick 9 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP W. Miller
Round 1, Pick 10 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SS F. Vázquez
Round 1, Pick 11 - New York Panthers: MR R. Hodge
Round 1, Pick 12 - Boston Bombers: SP O. García
Round 1, Pick 13 - San Diego Fathers: C T. Sugiura
Round 1, Pick 14 - Atlanta Firecrackers: RF J. Uribe
Round 1, Pick 15 - Hartford Harpooners: MR P. Goode
Round 1, Pick 16 - Baltimore Gothams: RF M. McCulloch

Old 11-21-2008, 09:22 PM   #136
dacubz
n00b

For my first FOOL experience, this league kicks ass. Instant gratification!
Old 11-21-2008, 09:22 PM   #137
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

1985 Spring training results:

CL:

Napa Valley 17-7
New York 15-9
Wyoming 14-10
Baltimore 13-11
Rio Grande 12-12
Atlanta 10-14
Toronto 9-15
Brooklyn 6-18

RL:

Long Island 18-6
Hartford 16-8
Boston 15-9
Ann Arbor 13-11
Chicago 11-13
Colorado 11-13
San Diego 7-17
Columbus 5-19

Old 11-21-2008, 09:23 PM   #138
brittdad
n00b

A winning record!
Old 11-21-2008, 09:24 PM   #139
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I forgot to look into the schedule issue this year because of my travelling. I'll remember to check it out next year to see why it was uneven scheduling. Perhaps it will fix itself this year (haha yeah right).

Also remember no sim tommorrow night as usual.

The 1985 Regular season will be simmed Sunday evening 10pm ET (Note 10pm ET)

Old 11-21-2008, 09:27 PM   #140
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

14,16,18,and 26
Not a great result, but I don't imagine anyone cleaned up this year

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 11-21-2008, 09:29 PM   #141
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I like my draft. Not awed by my draft, but I feel I added a lot of depth to the system here. I had a long list, I'll admit, but my first eight picks were all on them. Basically 8 of my top 64 players, with the 14th spot in the draft.

And the first AI drafted guy in Round 9 isn't a throwaway either.

I got another key OF guy like Mike Beach (for those of you who have looked my team over and repeatedly asked for him) in Javier Uribe, my #8 overall. I added two very good looking relievers to restock there, and got more 3B, too, which always hard to fill. And my sixth round pick is a closer with 49 END, so he grades out much higher as a SP.

I'll certainly take it. Thye'll probably all be on the block in September.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:30 PM   #142
dacubz
n00b

Columbus 5-19

Ouch!
Old 11-21-2008, 09:32 PM   #143
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Columbus 5-19

Ouch!

You couldn't have had a better result. It's the experience in FOOL that doing well in spring training--particularly having the best record--is the kiss of death for the regular season.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:33 PM   #144
brittdad
n00b

Got Baker to sign for one year to help with needed depth in OF
Old 11-21-2008, 09:38 PM   #145
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

New file is up!

Regular season is Sunday evening. Have a good weekend all.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:38 PM   #146
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I like my draft. Not awed by my draft, but I feel I added a lot of depth to the system here. I had a long list, I'll admit, but my first eight picks were all on them. Basically 8 of my top 64 players, with the 14th spot in the draft.

And the first AI drafted guy in Round 9 isn't a throwaway either.

I got another key OF guy like Mike Beach (for those of you who have looked my team over and repeatedly asked for him) in Javier Uribe, my #8 overall. I added two very good looking relievers to restock there, and got more 3B, too, which always hard to fill. And my sixth round pick is a closer with 49 END, so he grades out much higher as a SP.

I'll certainly take it. Thye'll probably all be on the block in September.

Garcia who you got in the 2nd round I was hoping would last until my 2nd round pick....I am distraught that YOU got him...I think he'll be a very good hurler

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 11-21-2008, 09:39 PM   #147
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Once again Sunday night's sim is 10pm ET this week.

I'm out of here!

Old 11-21-2008, 09:39 PM   #148
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittdad View Post
Got Baker to sign for one year to help with needed depth in OF

Yeah, some signings surprised me, given what they were asking for. Baker and Payton come to mind. There were probably others, but I didn't go down the list. I'll be interested to see where Aragon and Ramirez ended up, too.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #149
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Actually, looking now, neither signed. Still others, too. I don't have any money left, but it will be interesting to see if these players get signed.

And in other news of general interest, Anthony's AI substitute did not draft an OF until the 6th round.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #150
Tasan
College Starter

CRAPOLA.

Didn't copy my list to all other rounds. That hurt.