Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-04-2020, 08:57 AM   #26551
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
JFC

If you showed up to a meeting with your boss to discuss last months widget sales and performed this way you would be fired and our president is doing it to discuss a global pandemic that has killed 150K Americans. Its unconscionable.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:05 AM   #26552
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
If you showed up to a meeting with your boss to discuss last months widget sales and performed this way you would be fired and our president is doing it to discuss a global pandemic that has killed 150K Americans. Its unconscionable.

I can't believe his handlers let him go on air like that. I mean it's like "LOOK, I HAVE A REALLY SIMPLE BAR GRAPH (that the audience can't see and is easily disproved by the host)!"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:07 AM   #26553
PilotMan
Head Coach

So many quality parts from that interview:

Quote:
Trump responded to that criticism by saying he thinks the outbreak is "under control." Swan asked how he could say that as the average number of daily deaths had climbed back up to over 1,000.
"They are dying, that's true. And it is what it is," Trump said. "But that doesn't mean we aren't doing everything we can. It's under control, as much as you can control it."

Quote:
The president shrugged off the civil rights icon's record when asked if he found him impressive.
"I can't say one way or the other. I find a lot of people impressive. I find many people not impressive, but no, he didn't come to my inauguration," he said. "He should've come. I think he made a big mistake."
When pressed to put the pair's strained relationship aside and offer his thoughts on Lewis' legacy, Trump relented: "He was a person that devoted a lot of time and a lot of heart to the civil rights. But there were many others, also."

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:11 AM   #26554
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

All he had to do was manage the pandemic... the man would have easily been re-elected imo.

Instead we get someone who is profiting from the Presidency.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:13 AM   #26555
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I can't believe his handlers let him go on air like that. I mean it's like "LOOK, I HAVE A REALLY SIMPLE BAR GRAPH (that the audience can't see and is easily disproved by the host)!"

SI

It really is amazing. His followers like to slam Biden and say he is mentally unfit, yet their guy is shuffling through papers trying desperately to prove a point that really can't be made, referencing data that he should have memorized. A real president would be locked and loaded regarding all the numbers.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:17 AM   #26556
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
All he had to do was manage the pandemic... the man would have easily been re-elected imo.

He Still Could!

Experts still say that a real lockdown could get it under control in 4-6 weeks.

He could sent out the Bat Signal today to the GOP governors, Fox News, Russian facebook trolls, etc. that the new plan is to stop the virus. That would get the MAGAs on board. Liberals already want to stop the virus. We'd do it.

And by the end of September, he'd be the hero who saved us all and coast to reelection. And, bonus, we'll stop having a 9-11's worth of death every three days. So that would be nice.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:17 AM   #26557
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
All he had to do was manage the pandemic...

This assumes he could do that. Profiting from the Presidency has been his M.O. since day 1.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:32 AM   #26558
Thomkal
Head Coach

I hope that Project Lincoln or whomever takes that interview part where he talks about John Lewis, the fact that no one from his adminstration as far as I know went to his funeral or any of the official functions, find out if they did the same with Herman Cain, and put it in every market with a large African-American/Latino population and make them see how he really feels about them. Do a bunch of his comments about Mexicans and the Wall too.

I mean the percentage of African-Americans who voted for him was already low, but it should be pretty close to zero at this point.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:35 AM   #26559
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I hope that Project Lincoln or whomever takes that interview part where he talks about John Lewis, the fact that no one from his adminstration as far as I know went to his funeral or any of the official functions, find out if they did the same with Herman Cain, and put it in every market with a large African-American/Latino population and make them see how he really feels about them. Do a bunch of his comments about Mexicans and the Wall too.

I mean the percentage of African-Americans who voted for him was already low, but it should be pretty close to zero at this point.

I don't understand how, didn't Trump say he has done more than LBJ?

The sad part is smart people know he's scum, some still support him because they get a benefit out of it, but stupid people, god bless them for supporting this turd. He's one of them.

It's good to know he wishes child predators well.

It's also good to know that he doesn't understand ballot application vs actual ballots (I'm assuming he does but after the COVID charts, he may be dumber than Gump).
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:36 AM   #26560
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Hmmm . . . the least criticized Mount Rushmore. . .

Fred Rogers
Betty White
Willie Nelson
Tom Hanks

Like, if you met someone who legitimately disliked any of those four, you would immediately judge that person, right?

Lot of Republicans hate Fred Rogers.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 08-04-2020, 09:37 AM   #26561
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

When has Trump managed anything?
Old 08-04-2020, 09:41 AM   #26562
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post

There are plenty of Republicans who fond of Willie right now either (Willie is not a fan of Trump and has openly thrown in with the Dems)
Old 08-04-2020, 09:44 AM   #26563
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Really? Why?
Old 08-04-2020, 09:53 AM   #26564
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Really? Why?

Because he was an "evil, evil man" that ruined a generation of kids.

Did 'Fox and Friends' Call Fred Rogers an 'Evil, Evil Man'?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:14 AM   #26565
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Old 08-04-2020, 10:35 AM   #26566
PilotMan
Head Coach

One big difference between the trump presidency and every other one is that other presidents take credit for things they actually accomplished while president. trump just takes credit for random things that other people did that happened while he's been president.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:24 AM   #26567
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:

Fred Rogers
Betty White
Willie Nelson
Tom Hanks

Like, if you met someone who legitimately disliked any of those four, you would immediately judge that person, right?
Doesn't take away from your last sentence, but there's also plenty of people "criticizing" Tom Hanks these days. (If that's what we call attempting to call him & his wife pederast's, tie them in with Epstein and the Clintons, and claim they're part of a global/Hollywood elite child sex trafficking ring, and they only got Greek citizenship so they can evade prosecution in the US.)
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:33 AM   #26568
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
One big difference between the trump presidency and every other one is that other presidents take credit for things they actually accomplished while president. trump just takes credit for random things that other people did that happened while he's been president.

Nah -most Presidents do that, especially on the economy. Just not as brazenly as Trump does.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:35 AM   #26569
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

Fred Rogers
Betty White
Willie Nelson
Tom Hanks

To be honest, I think Republicans hate all of them. Fred made children weak apparently, Willie is a druggie who cares about all people, Tom Hanks has spoken out against Trump...

I don't think Betty White is applicable, she's a woman and in the eyes of most Republicans doesn't deserve a voice.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:37 AM   #26570
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Hilary Clinton has proven that Republicans will not hesitate to criticize a woman.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 08-04-2020 at 11:38 AM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:40 AM   #26571
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

I'd contest this.

We have many people dying now in Trumpistan supported areas. They may still hold it against Democrats, minorities, millennials and what-not, but some of them, along with not getting any free checks any more might be getting more than annoyed. Specially since Dear Leader has actually pivoted on mask wearing.

It seems like in their cushioned worlds, it only matters when it affects them. Guess what, it's now affecting them and Trump can't even string words together in a way that tells them their suffering is to own "libs".

Will it change his cultists, nope, but I am sure independents are as tired as me with his stupidity, rantings, incompetence, and his general corruption.

I still think he'll steal the election in November.
Btw, that payroll tax would be awesome for me, I still have a job (for now).
Old 08-04-2020, 11:51 AM   #26572
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
JFC

Wow.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 12:11 PM   #26573
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
To be honest, I think Republicans hate all of them. Fred made children weak apparently, Willie is a druggie who cares about all people, Tom Hanks has spoken out against Trump...

I don't think Betty White is applicable, she's a woman and in the eyes of most Republicans doesn't deserve a voice.

Willie was a tax evader. I don't care about the guy one way or the other (not a fan of that kind of music), but the first "bad" thing that comes to mind is his tax issue.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 12:12 PM   #26574
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
It really is amazing. His followers like to slam Biden and say he is mentally unfit, yet their guy is shuffling through papers trying desperately to prove a point that really can't be made, referencing data that he should have memorized. A real president would be locked and loaded regarding all the numbers.

Have you watched the guy give a speech? He gets up there, with supposedly prepared remarks, and reads them off like a 3rd grader who has just been handed a thesis. I'm fairly certain he never sees any of these speeches until the moment he hits the podium. I'm sure these interviews are handled the exact same way.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-04-2020, 12:21 PM   #26575
JPhillips
General Manager

Trump is lazy and refuses to do any prep work. You can always tell when he's surpried by something he's only now read for the first time. That's where his, "not many people know that" tic comes from.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:41 PM   #26576
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Trump is lazy and refuses to do any prep work. You can always tell when he's surpried by something he's only now read for the first time. That's where his, "not many people know that" tic comes from.

Also his narcissism. In Trump's mind, he is the smartest guy ever. So if he does not know something, then the only explanation has to be that it is very obscure knowledge. He simply cannot conceive of himself not knowing something without a good excuse.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:44 PM   #26577
Ksyrup

Yes, a lot of his ad libs do seem to happen when it looks like he's reading something surprising to him for the first time, or he wants to emphasize it because it's so new to him that no one else must know it either.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:45 PM   #26578
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Willie was a tax evader. I don't care about the guy one way or the other (not a fan of that kind of music), but the first "bad" thing that comes to mind is his tax issue.

Pretty sure Trump is too, he just didn't get caught, so his minions love him for it.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:53 PM   #26579
Ksyrup

What an effing clown show. "Sir, we're going to lose Florida and need all the votes we can get! Talk up Florida's mail-in voting!"

Old 08-04-2020, 12:57 PM   #26580
spleen1015
Coordinator

Florida's system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True up until he loses Florida.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:03 PM   #26581
Atocep
Coordinator

Anyone know if Yosemite is any relation to Dolemite?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 02:02 PM   #26582
kingfc22
Head Coach

Because Hanging Chad Florida is what we should all look towards as the shining example of an exemplary election night system.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:15 PM   #26583
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

Fred Rogers
Betty White
Willie Nelson
Tom Hanks

Isn't Hanks getting tormented by Qanon folks? Every tweet I see about him is followed by the nuttiest replies.

Attention Required! | Cloudflare
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 03:23 PM   #26584
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Yeah Hanks gets completely shit on by wack jobs in every Facebook comments thread.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 03:55 PM   #26585
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I had no idea re: Hanks. I've been lucky enough to avoid Q posters for the most part.

We really are left with Betty White.
Old 08-04-2020, 04:53 PM   #26586
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

All I know is that if someone doesn't like Jeff Bridges they are immediately suspect.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:08 PM   #26587
Ksyrup

What a shock - USPS is proposing to increase postage on ballots from 20 cents to 55 cents.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:13 PM   #26588
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well I'm glad Trump lackey Kris Kobach lost the KS Senate nomination because I want to see them all lose horribly in elections, but I'm also sad because Dems had a chance to flip Kansas for the first time since the 40's I think.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:31 PM   #26589
Thomkal
Head Coach

Also Joe Arpaio lost his Sheriff race barely last night too
Old 08-05-2020, 06:00 PM   #26590
tarcone
Coordinator

Lacy Clay ;lost his seat in St. Louis. He held it for 20 years and his Dad held it for the previous 32 years. Cori Bush beat him in the primary by a few percentage points.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:05 PM   #26591
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Also Joe Arpaio lost his Sheriff race barely last night too

This makes me so happy, so over that Fossil here.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:13 PM   #26592
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
This makes me so happy, so over that Fossil here.

I can't believe that many people voted for him really.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:00 PM   #26593
21C
College Prospect

Old 08-05-2020, 08:47 PM   #26594
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Drunk.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

He called into a radio show to explain and was bombed. I would say he likes to party.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:55 PM   #26595
BYU 14
Coordinator

This one's dedicated to you Jerry

Iron Maiden - Holy Smoke (Official Video) - YouTube
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:05 AM   #26596
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This may deserve its own thread but man I hope the NRA goes
down hard.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...f-dealing.html
Old 08-06-2020, 11:09 AM   #26597
RainMaker
General Manager

Over a million in new jobless claims. Thought the lazy people were all going back to work now that the $600 a week ended?
Old 08-06-2020, 11:10 AM   #26598
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Over a million in new jobless claims. Thought the lazy people were all going back to work now that the $600 a week ended?

I’ve actually seen this spun as a positive since it’s less than last week so that means people are going back to work.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:19 AM   #26599
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Those folks know what the term 'new' means, right?
Old 08-06-2020, 01:58 PM   #26600
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/06/ohio...ronavirus.html