Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-28-2014, 04:53 AM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

Yen Bai - You Bottom! (FM 13)

So after scouring database after database, I've decided to make things interesting and go on a grand adventure to a country I've never been, either in reality or in FM. In doing so, I've found the worst of the worst - Yen Bai FC in Vietnam's Third Division:

Vietnam has a fascinating setup. The Third Division, what we're playing in, has 34 teams. Everyone plays each other once, and the top 3 teams advance. In this league we have the following:

Pro: 2
Semi-pro: 17
Amateur: 15

Nobody has a full roster, and quite a few teams, including us, have no players officially signed. (Side note: [b]Thanh Thai[b/] is the other club in the same sorry state we are with just 1 season ticket holder)

No staff members will sign with us, so we're stuck with these guys:

What follows is a mad dash to sign every 15 and 16 year old with 13 Pace or higher that I can find. We may suck at everything ever, but damn it, we'll be able to outrun every other team.

We have no stadium - our playing field listed as Various National Stadiums, and Basic Junior Coaching with Limited Recruitment Network.

...Yeah. That kinda might be an issue.

AMC Vo Van Phuc - 16
10 Flair, 11 Acceleration, 12 Agility, 13 Balance, 13 Pace.

ST Huynh Quang Hai - 15
14 Acceleration, 10 Agility, 13 Natural Fitness, 13 Pace.

ML/AML Pham Thanh Tuan - 15
13 Determination, 15 Flair, 13 Influence, 12 Acceleration, 10 Agility, 13 Pace

AMLC Le Nhu Thuan - 16
12 Aggression, 11 Determination, 11 Flair, 10 Work Rate, 11 Acceleration, 10 Agility, 10 Natural Fitness, 13 Pace.

MR Nguyen Quang The - 16
12 Determination, 12 Influence, 10 Work Rate, 12 Acceleration, 11 Agility, 10 Balance, 14 Natural Fitness, 13 Pace.

ML/AML Nguyen Thanh Trung - 16
11 Aggression, 11 Agility, 12 Natural Fitness, 13 Pace.

MLR Nguyen Tuan Phong - 15
12 Aggression, 10 Agility, 12 Balance, 13 Natural Fitness, 13 Pace, and our first 5* gold current player

DR Nguyen Thanh Tung - 16
13 Aggression, 16 Bravery, 13 Composure, 15 Determination, 10 Work Rate, 14 Acceleration, 13 Balance, 12 Natural Fitness, 13 Pace.

AMC Nguyen Van Nam - 16
11 First Touch, 11 Flair, 15 Acceleration, 10 Agility, 13 Natural Fitness, 14 Pace.

MC Dao Van Phuong - 16
10 Work Rate, 11 Acceleration, 10 Agility, 11 Balance, 13 Pace.

DL Nguyen Ngoc Quang - 16
13 Tackling, 10 Decisions, 12 or Better in all Physical Categories save Jumping (3), Stamina (6), Strength (1).

ST/AMR Nguyen Thanh Tuan - 16
10 Free Kick, 10 Penalty Kick, 11 Aggression, 13 Composure, 15 Flair, 15 Influence, 13 Teamwork, 10 Natural Fitness, 10 Stamina

GK Bui Nguyen Phuc - 24
Our first non-16 year old and a 5* current.

DC Vu Thuy - 22
10 Aggresssion, 11 Workrate, 9 or better all Physical Attributes save Stamina (7) and Strength (3).

We get a new chairman, who takes out a $1.5k bank loan that will see us paying $5 a month until 2032. I laugh hysterically.

DL Nguyen Ngoc Quang gets called up to the Vietnamese U21 squad, so I know we have at least one good player on our team.

MC Tran Quoc Xuan - 17
12 Flair, 10 Workrate, 13 Acceleration, 11 Natural Fitness, 12 Pace.

ST Nguyen Van The - 16
18 Flair, 14 Teamwork, 14 Natural Fitness, 12 Pace

ST Van Hong Hiep - 16
10 Determination, 10 Acceleration, 10 Balance, 12 Natural Fitness, 12 Pace.

Vietnam U21s lose to Qatar U21s 5-2. Nguyen Ngoc Quang plays 61 minutes and earns a disastrous 5.5 rating.

ST/AMLR Bui Thanh Thang - 16
14 Bravery, 10 Determination, 17 Flair, 13 Influence, 11 Acceleration, 10 Agility, 14 Natural Fitness, 12 Pace.

And we're about set to begin our first official game!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:33 AM   #2
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Thanh Long - Vietnamese Cup 1st Round
GK: Bui Nguyen Phuc
D: Nguyen Ngoc Quang/Vu Thuy/Nguyen Thanh Tung
M: Nguyen Tuan Phong/Dao Van Phuong/Tran Quoc Xuan/Nguyen Quang The
AM: Nguyen Thanh Trung/Nguyen Thanh Tuan
ST: Bui Thanh Thang

We're running a 3-4-2-1 formation that seeks to attack More Directly down both flanks with Attacking mindset, and Offside Trap. No special positions assigned for now - all defaults. No shouts either.

8 - Golden opportunity to score when their goalie comes out of the net and misplays a clearance, but they get their defender in on time.

33 - Dao Van Phuong takes a knock. We're also getting told of too many long-range shots, so let's Work Ball Into Box.

45 - We're gifted an own goal. I'll take it! 1-0

Nguyen Van The goes in at striker at the half, and Nguyen Van Nam replaces the knocked DVC at MC.

51 - Idiot pass by goalie = tie goal allowed 1-1

113 - We nearly lose it there, but the post robs them, and so it's on to PKs!

Nguyen Thanh Tuan steps up... and hits it!! 1-0

They bounce their first PK off the top bar! 1-0

Tran Quoc Xuan goes for the shot.. and banks it in the far corner! 2-0

They score 2-1

Nguyen Van The pops it in! 3-1

They shank their PK off the post!!!!!

Nguyen Thanh Tung with the chance to clinch it... and it's stopped!

They score again to stay alive in the game 3-2

Nguyen Tuan Phong with another shot to clinch it... and it's a beautiful arc shot in!!!! 4-2

Vu Thuy is Player of the Match with an 8.6 rating at DC. Nguyen Thanh Tung nets a 7.1 at DR, as does Tran Quoc Xong at MC.

No money for the win, which kind of sucks.

The one season ticket we sold got refunded, so we have no season ticket holders

vs Sai Gon United
D: Nguyen Ngoc Quang/Vu Thuy/Nguyen Thanh Tung
M: Nguyen Tuan Phong/Dao Van Phuong/Tran Quoc Xuan/Nguyen Quang The

Oh it's no problem. We're just up against one of the professional sides is all.

4 - Tran Quoc Xuan is forced off with injury, necessitating Nguyen Van Nam in relief.

6 - Weakass penalty awarded them 0-1

28 - Nguyen Thanh Tuan takes the pass from I forget who on the right flank and dribbles into the box, whereupon he crosses to the 6 yard box where Nguyen Thanh Trung is waiting to put it in for our first ever authentic goal 1-1

38 - Nguyen Thanh Trung takes the ball, passes it back to the defense, and gets it in return, then dribbles all the way through the defense until he crosses to Nguyen Quang The for the score. Damn, do I ever love speed! 2-1

Nguyen Tuan Phong moves to MR because of tiredness issues, meaning Pham Thanh Tuan will make his debut for us.

51 - How the heck they blew that wide open sitter, I'll never know.

55 - Another goal they should have had.

70something - Our DR is knocked. We have no subs for him, though.

79 - Finally they break through 2-2

91 - So.fucking.close. 2-3

We just imploded in the second half. Still, there's comfort to be taken in the fact that we played a pro team so close, I think.

Nguyen Thanh Tung is out 3 weeks and Tran Quoc Xuan is out 6-7 weeks. Vu Thuy will also miss next game because 2 yellows is evidently enough for a game miss here.

DC Lam An Do - 20
11 Aggression, 10 Determination, 10 Workrate, 10 Acceleration, 10 Balance, 10 Natural Fitness

MLC Pham Thanh Tuan - 16
16 Aggression, 12 Determination, 11 Influence, 11 Work Rate, 9 or better in all Physical attributes save Jumping (6), Stamina (5), Strength (1).

Despite his terrible initial game, Nguyen Ngoc Quang gets called up to the Vietnam U21 squad again. His 6.4 has also been less than inspiring his first two games.

Bad Trains
Nguyen Thanh Tuan

@Soc Trang (17th)
D: Nguyen Tuan Phong/Lam An Do/Nguyen Ngoc Quang
M: Pham Thanh Tuan/Dao Van Phuong/Pham Thanh Tuan/Nguyen Quang The

Yeah. We have two guys with the same exact name in the midfield. What fun. We also have a red dot guy at DL

7 - Gonna be ugly oh yes 0-1

Nguyen Van Nam takes over for Dao at the half, as does Van Hong Hiep at striker.

61 - Crushed on the counter 0-2

Nguyen Van Nam gets hurt late in the game and is out 5-6 weeks.

DLR Khuu Van Dai - 16
11 Aggression, 11 Determination, 11 Workrate, 9 or better in all Physical save 7 Stamina and 2 Strength. 18 Natural Fitness.

DLR Tran Anh Tuan - 16
10 Tackling, 10 Aggression, 12 Determination, 10 Work Rate, 9 or better all Physical attributes save Stamina (6) and Strength (2). 16 Natural Fitness.

Vietnam U21s lose to Kuwait U21s 0-2. Nguyen Ngoc Quang posts a 6.8 as a reserve in the second half.

34th vs Quan Khu 3 (27th)
D: Khuu Van Dai/Lam An Do/Tran Anh Tuan
M: Nguyen Tuan Phong/Dao Van Phuong/Pham Thanh Tuan/Nguyen Quang The
ST: Nguyen Van The

17 - Fuck the counter 0-1

33 - I think the high point of our season was nearly beating a pro team 0-2

36 - One of our guys is redcarded. I make a sub I don't care about and game on.

47 - Lee Am Do is kicked out because of injury. I'm out of replacements. I pick a random player to go in for him.

Just as the final whistle sounds, our striker gets knocked on a cheap shot.

Lee Am Do is out 2-3 months, and obviously our starting AMR is out at least one game due to the red card, if not more.

We're now one of just two teams in the division to not have a single point.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:01 AM   #3
Izulde
Head Coach

Vietnam U21s lose 2-1 to Chinese Taipei, and Nyugen Ngoc Quang continues his terrible play with a 6 rating.

DC Le Van Hai - 26
13 Aggression, 13 Influence, 11 Acceleration, 15 Natural Fitness, 10 Pace. Immediately rates as one of our best players by my moronic Assman.

Nguyen Thanh Tuan is banned for 2 further matches.

(34th) @Tu Son (31st)
D: Nguyen Ngoc Quang/Le Van Hai/Vu Thuy/Tran Anh Tuan
M: Nguyen Tuan Phong/Pham Thanh Tuan/Nguyen Quang The
AM: Vo Van Phuc
ST: Huynh Quang Hai/Bui Thanh Thang

We're switching toa 4-3-1-2 that plays it slow tempo with a quick tempo counter attack and a deep line.

2 - Sigh 0-1

24 - Our team sucks 0-2

30 - Wow. We're playing like we're paid to lose 0-3

32 - Ooof. 0-4

We make second half adjustments and lose 2-5. Things to make note of for next time.

(34th) vs Kon Tum (27th)
D: Nguyen Ngoc Quang/Le Van Hai/Vu Thuy/Tran Anh Tuan
M: Nguyen Tuan Phong/Dao Van Phuong/Nguyen Quang The
ST: Huynh Quang Hai/Bui Thanh Thang

38 - Huynh Quang Hai passes it forward to Vo Van Phuc, who runs until he's just inside the box, then fires it in for our first leading goal since we played Sai Gon United to a great one 1-0

79 - Dao Van Phuong makes a great interception and passes it to Bui Thanh Thang, who boots a drop shot right in front of Huhynh Quang Hai. It's here we see the beauty of the Pace and Counter system as he races untouched to score the goal! Nguyen Thanh Trung (ML) and Nguyen Van The (replacing BTT) are energy subs 2-0

81 - Fuck the 30 yard shots 2-1

85 - FUCK YOU, COCKSMOKERS!!! THAT WAS NOT A FUCKING PENALTY!!! 2-2

Kom Tum might feel they should have won this game?!?! FUCK YOU!!! WE FUCKING GOT SCREWED OVER, THAT'S WHAT FUCKING HAPPENED!!!

And we're still in last place despite the tie.

@Ba-Ria-Vung Tau (4th)
D: Nguyen Ngoc Quang/Le Van Hai/Vu Thuy/Nyugen Thanh Tung
M: Nyugen Thanh Trung/Pham Thanh Tuan/Nguyen Tuan Phong
AM: Le Nhu Thuan
ST: Huynh Quang Hai/Nyugen Van The

30 - Every team I've ever had sucks at defending corners 0-1

54 - A whole lot of use of our speed in getting to the ball caps off with Nyugen Van The passing to the wide open in space Huynh Quang Hai for the equalizer 1-1

61 - Terrible clearance by Le Van Hai 1-2

We keep getting so close to our first win, and keep falling just short. It's not like we have anything to lose - we were predicted to finish last even before the season began, so I've a long leash here.

Old 09-28-2014, 01:30 PM   #4
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Ba-Ria-Vung Tau - Vietnamese Cup 2nd Round
D: Tran Anh Tuan/Le Van Hai/Vu Thuy/Khuu Van Dai
M: Pham Thanh Tuan/Dao Van Phuong/Nguyen Quang The
AM: Van Hong Hiep
ST: Nyugen Thanh Tuan/Bui Thanh Tang

These guys just beat us, so we'll see if we can keep going.

0 - Brilliant kickoff pickoff by Bui Thanh Tang, but Van Hong Hiep wastes the shot opportunity.

50 - Khuu Van Dai's terrible throw in gives away possession cheaply and they score 0-1

57 - Knock for Khuu Van Dai, but he'll play on.

Never got a chance in the second half, so that's what we go down by.

Good Trains
Tran Quoc Xuan, who is now back to training, incidentally

Somehow we've gone from Okay to Insecure, and lost $134 last month. That really pisses me off, because the Okay status is one of the reasons why I picked this team.

Nguyen Ngoc Quang keeps getting a Vietnam U21 callup.

vs Lac Canh (27th)
D: Nguyen Ngoc Quang/Le Van Hai/Vu Thuy/Nyugen Quang The
M: Nyugen Tuan Phong/Tran Quoc Xuan/Nguyen Tuan Phong
ST: Huynh Quang Hai/Nyugen Van The

49 - I thought this a winnable game, too 0-1

89 - Nyugen Tuan Phong passes it back out to Nguyen Ngoc Quang on the wing, and the accidental cross becomes a fluke goal, which we'll take. 1-1

ST Pham Minh Duc - 16
16 Bravery, 15 Determination, 13 Workrate, 11 Acceleration, 11 Pace, 11 Stamina. Comes in as our top striker allegedly.

AMC Huynh Quoc Trung - 16
17 Aggression, 16 Flair, 14 Influence, 11 Workrate, 15 Acceleration, 11 Agility, 15 Natural Fitness, 11 Pace. 4* Current, compared to the half-silver stars we were running out there. So massive upgrade.

DR Nguyen Quang Huy - 16
9 or Better all Physical attributes save 6 Stamina and 3 Strength.

ST Truong Hoang Phong - 24
10 Heading, 10 or better in all Physical attributes except 2 Stamina and 3 Strength. Another new top striker (3*).

MR Le Dinh Quy - 16
10 First Touch, 10 Aggression, 13 Determination, 13 Flair, 11 Workrate, 10 Acceleration, 10 Agility, 16 Natural Fitness, 11 Pace. Supposedly our new top MR with 4*

ML Vu Tan Tai - 16
11 Flair, 10 Influence, 14 Acceleration, 10 Agility, 16 Natural Fitness, 12 Pace.

MR Tran Minh Chien - 16
10 Workrate, 13 Acceleration, 11 Agility, 12 Balance, 12 Pace.

Revised Roster Ratings
GK
Bui Nyugen Phuc - 1.5/5

DL
Nyugen Ngoc Quang - 5/5
Tran Anh Tuan - 1/5
Nguyen Than Tung - 4 silver/5
Khuu Van Dai - 0.5 silver/5

DC
Le Van Hai - 4/5
Lam An Do - 0.5 silver/5
Vu Thuy - 0.5 gold/5

DR
Nyugen Ngoc Quang - 5/5
Nguyen Quang Huy - 2/5
Nguyen Than Tung - 1.5/5
Tran Anh Tuan - 4.5 silver/5
Khuu Van Dai - 0.5 silver/5

ML
Nguyen Tuan Phong - 3/5
Vu Tan Tai - 2/5
Pham Thanh Tuan - 0.5 silver/5
Nyugen Thanh Trung - 0.5 silver/5
Pham Thanh Tuan - 0.5 silver/5

MC
Huynh Quoc Trung - 1/5
Tran Quoc Xuan - 1.5 silver/5
A whole ton of 0.5 silver/5

MR
Tran Minh Chien - 4.5/5
Le Dinh Quy - 4/5
Nguyen Tuan Phong - 2.5/5
Nguyen Quang The - 1.5/5

AMC
Huynh Quoc Trung - 4/5
Bunch of 0.5 silver/5

ST
Truong Hoang Phong - 3/5
Pham Minh Duc - 2/5
Bui Thanh Thang - 1/5
Nyugen Thanh Tuan - 3.5 silver/5
A bunch of 0.5 silver/5

@Tra Vinh (10th)
D: Nguyen Ngoc Quang/Le Van Hai/Vu Thuy/Nguyen Quang Huy
M: Nguyen Tuan Phong/Tran Quoc Xuan/Tran Minh Chien
AM: Huynh Quoc Trung
ST: Truong Hoang Phong/Pham Minh Duc

12 - Brilliant interception by Tran Minh Chien, who ignites a move finishing in Truong Hoang Phong tackling away the ball inside the box to send to Pham Minh Duc, who slots in the debut goal 1-0

20 - Meh. We're huge underdogs anyway 1-1

66 - Tran Minh Chien takes the goal kick, but the sequence he starts ends up in a blocked shot. The ball squirts to the left side where Nguyen Tuan Phong is there to beat the defense and slide tackle the shot in! Tran Anh Tuan pops on at DL 2-1

Thing of it was... we could have won by 4-1. Their goalie had a couple of absolutely brilliant stops to keep his guys in it and he won PotM. Not complaining, though. 7.7 for Le Van Hai and a whole bunch of 7s for our new lineup in this massive, massive road upset.

It's only enough to push up to 33rd, but for the first time all season, we're not in last place!

Old 09-28-2014, 08:48 PM   #5
Izulde
Head Coach

In the midst of my wanderings to try and find international players to poach and bring balance to the squad, I discover the two eligible Liberian national team members are both playing in the Vietnamese First Division. Pretty cool. It becomes less cool when I realize the Vietnamese top leagues have been raiding the African national teams whole hog.

Even when I do find a few unattached players, nobody even wants to consider coming to our lowly little team. Damn.

33rd vs Quan Khu 9 (23rd)
ST: Truong Hoang Phong/Pham Minh Duc

33 - Pham Minh Duch has a great corner to Vu Thuy's head, but he completely whiffs it.

40 - And of course Vu Thuy then misses an interception on the opposite corner, leading to their goal 0-1

62 - Bui Thanh Thang goes in for THP.

79 - Pham Minh Duc wastes a great opportunity from Bui Thanh Thang.

We played like ass in a game we should have won.

MC Van Manh Hung - 16
Filler prospect.

GK Mai Van Tan - 16
Prospect keeper.

The valuations of my players keep changing, and for the worse. Only Nyugen Ngoc Quang holds only value.

@Can Gio (23rd)
ST: Bui Thanh Thang/Truong Hoang Phong

10 - Easy shot missed #3.

13 - One of their players takes an early bath thanks to a deliberate handball.

16 - Tran Minh Chien gets a long, long cross from Nguyen Ngoc Quang I think it was, and runs all the way down the right flank, whereupon another huge cross finds Truong Hoang Phong relatively unmarked, and *finally* someone on this damn team finishes 1-0

18 - And of course they fucking answer shorthanded almost immediately 1-1

58 - Bui Thanh Thang gets it at midfield and passes to Tranh Minh Chien, who plays a beautiful ball to Huynh Quoc Trung for the score. Van Manh Hung goes in at MC. 2-1

64 - Bui Thanh Thang with a pass to Huynh Quoc Trung, and I'm thinking it's going to work again, but no! He lays off to Truong Hoang Phong, who despite three defenders around him, shoots it through a seam and into the net! 3-1

84 - Awful keeping. No effort at all 3-2

87 - We get a counter going and Nguyen Quang Huy jackhammers it to Huynh Quoc Trung, who centers it to Truong Hoang Phong for the hat trick!!!! 4-2

7.9 for Tran Minh Chien, 8.1 for Huynh Quoc Trung, and of course, 9.6 for our hat trick man Truong Hoang Phong, as we secure our second win of the season to move us to our highest position of the year at 32nd. Cai Gao fires their manager immediately after the game.