Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #551
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Nope...why would you assume this? What does me saying Moss gets safety help on every play, have anything to do with other receivers? You're taking two separate comments I make, and trying to meld them into one.

Try again.

Moss has been amazing in years past, but this year he can't beat the double team.

That wasn't your point that was his.

NFL coaches, notably Bill Bellichick this past week, have clearly gameplanned with the assumption that Randy Moss is STILL a deep threat. Are you saying they're wrong?

Last edited by molson : 11-01-2010 at 05:47 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #552
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Brett Favre CAN'T throw those deep bombs any more.

No, he can. They just end up getting picked off.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #553
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
That wasn't your point that was his.

NFL coaches, notably Bill Bellichick this past week, have clearly gameplanned with the assumption that Randy Moss is STILL a deep threat. Are you saying they're wrong?

I'm saying that they're shutting him down deep.

Anything else you want to assume, go right ahead, but just know you're doing it under your own false pretenses.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #554
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I guess Chris Johnson must suck this year. He hasnt broken off near the 50+ yard runs this year. It certainly would have nothing to do with how teams have decided to defend him to prevent his big play ability.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #555
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Broken logic bergey.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #556
Travis
Pro Rookie

I think in the end what you've got here is a grey area. Moss isn't the deep threat he used to be, but he's still respected enough by defenses to influence their coverages because while he likely can't dominate a game the way he used to, he can still dominate a play.

More about the frequency that he can perform at an elite level more so than whether he can or not period. The problem for the defenses is that you're never quite sure when those plays will be so better to be safe than sorry with your coverage.

So personal stats have declined but coverages haven't at the same rate so the protection other players on the same offense due to his being on the field are greater than that of a replacement level receiver who could produce similar numbers to what Moss is doing now but never achieved what he has in the past.

The real question now is whether that protection and defensive respect is worth whatever baggage/locker room issues he may or may not bring with him. When his personal stats were at their peak that question is probably not asked nearly as often.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #557
chadritt
High School Varsity

Quote:
I'm saying that they're shutting him down deep.

Anything else you want to assume, go right ahead, but just know you're doing it under your own false pretenses.

If theyre working so hard to shut him down then wouldnt that mean he is at least a THREAT? If he wasnt then they wouldnt bother because he wouldnt be able to do it anyway.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #558
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Broken logic bergey.

Indeed it is. But we needed to get your focus off of individual stats.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #559
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadritt View Post
If theyre working so hard to shut him down then wouldnt that mean he is at least a THREAT? If he wasnt then they wouldnt bother because he wouldnt be able to do it anyway.

He's obviously not a very productive deep THREAT anymore then, is he? Remember when he use to beat the safety help at least once a game? How exactly, (for the umpteenth time I'll ask this, though I don't know why I keep doing it) would you explain how his production has dropped off so steeply this year? He's been open downfield, but they don't want to throw to him? Brett Favre can't throw very far anymore? Please. Cunningham would underthrow balls by 15 yards, which Moss would come back for, jump over 2 guys to catch, then race to the endzone.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #560
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Indeed it is. But we needed to get your focus off of individual stats.

Well, since we're throwing individual stats out the window, lets go back to the "Brett Favre is the greatest QB evar" debate.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #561
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
He's obviously not a very productive deep THREAT anymore then, is he? Remember when he use to beat the safety help at least once a game? How exactly, (for the umpteenth time I'll ask this, though I don't know why I keep doing it) would you explain how his production has dropped off so steeply this year? He's been open downfield, but they don't want to throw to him? Brett Favre can't throw very far anymore? Please. Cunningham would underthrow balls by 15 yards, which Moss would come back for, jump over 2 guys to catch, then race to the endzone.

While I cant speak of what the Pats were doing however Favre didnt take the chances deep to him which I figured he would. That is what made Moss so special was he could still make plays in double coverage when nothing else was there. When the QB/coach doesnt give him opportunities to make these plays it goes without saying that his production will go down.

Keep in mind that the Vikings have Adrian Peterson who is one of the 2-3 best backs in the NFL so chucking it into double coverage isnt maybe the best play while the Pats have one of the most accurate/smart QBs to play the game so perhaps he didnt feel the need to chuck it up into double coverage either.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:58 PM   #562
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Favre is #40 in terms of longest pass completed, with 37 yards as his longest. He's also completed 1 out of 11 passes thrown over 30 yards, and 0 out of 4 for 40 yards +, for whatever that's worth.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #563
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Forget it. We all have areas we're not going to agree with each other, this is like arguing college football with MBBF or Poilitics with JonInMiddleGA, or me on various things.. it's better for the blood pressure just to drop it
Old 11-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #564
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well, since we're throwing individual stats out the window, lets go back to the "Brett Favre is the greatest QB evar" debate.

I dont know if Id even have Favre in my top 10 ever.

Manning, Brady, Unitas, Montana, Marino, Young, Brees, Aikman, John Elway, and Fran Tarkenton just off the top of my head Id have ahead of Favre.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:02 PM   #565
molson
General Manager

Quote:
How exactly, (for the umpteenth time I'll ask this, though I don't know why I keep doing it) would you explain how his production has dropped off so steeply this year?

He only played 4 games with the Patriots and did have 4 TD catches. Might be a little early to write him off completely - obviously the coaches haven't. Though I'm not quite sure exactly how bad you're arguing he is (except to say that no other team should claim him on waivers). Are you saying that he just isn't good enough to be in the league anymore? What is his upside in the perfect situation right now? 900 yards, 10 TDs? Isn't that still pretty helpful?

Last edited by molson : 11-01-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #566
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post

But Shannahan is right. McNabb has been one of the worse 2-minute drill QB I have ever seen (for supposedly star QBs), esp. going back to the Eagles playoff games.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #567
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

This all started because Sun Tzu called him a possession receiver, which I have come to believe he thinks means bad receiver. He is not a possession receiver. It's not his game. He's a deep threat, not as good as he once was, but still one that demands additional attention which opens things up underneath. Were a defense to go single on him or not give him much of a cushion he can still be very dangerous.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #568
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
That is what made Moss so special was he could still make plays in double coverage when nothing else was there. When the QB/coach doesnt give him opportunities to make these plays it goes without saying that his production will go down.

Keep in mind that the Vikings have Adrian Peterson who is one of the 2-3 best backs in the NFL so chucking it into double coverage isnt maybe the best play while the Pats have one of the most accurate/smart QBs to play the game so perhaps he didnt feel the need to chuck it up into double coverage either.

I agree in full with the first quoted sentence.

I strongly disagree with the notion that, on a pass play, a professional QB will refrain from chucking the ball downfield to the greatest deep threat in NFL history, because one of the "2-3 best backs in the NFL" is pass blocking/in the flats. I played four years at Quarterback, and that in no way, shape or form makes me more of an expert than any professional coach/player. The reason I mention this, is that I know the difference between a Wideout who can stretch the field and one who can't, because I have lived it. Moss this year has been mediocre at best. The "zero deep passes" statistics that you keep throwing out there only reinforce what I'm saying.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #569
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
But Shannahan is right. McNabb has been one of the worse 2-minute drill QB I have ever seen (for supposedly star QBs), esp. going back to the Eagles playoff games.

Yes, but HE'S STILL BETTER THAN REX FUCKING GROSSMAN!

They had the stats on SportsCenter.

REX FUCKING GROSSMAN MAN!
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:13 PM   #570
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
He only played 4 games with the Patriots and did have 4 TD catches. Might be a little early to write him off completely - obviously the coaches haven't. Though I'm not quite sure exactly how bad you're arguing he is (except to say that no other team should claim him on waivers). Are you saying that he just isn't good enough to be in the league anymore? What is his upside in the perfect situation right now? 900 yards, 10 TDs? Isn't that still pretty helpful?

I'm not writing him off, nor am I saying he shouldn't be in the league. I'm saying that he's no longer effective at what he's been doing for years (and in all actuality, the only thing he's ever been good at). He's been relegated to a possession receiver, albeit a shoddy one. Upside? At this point, I'd guess 60 catches, 750-800 yards, 8-9 TD's. That's about on point with a #2 wideout on a running team, or a #3 wideout on a passing team. Again...he's mediocre at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
This all started because Sun Tzu called him a possession receiver, which I have come to believe he thinks means bad receiver. He is not a possession receiver. It's not his game. He's a deep threat, not as good as he once was, but still one that demands additional attention which opens things up underneath. Were a defense to go single on him or not give him much of a cushion he can still be very dangerous.

No, I fully understand the what a possession receiver is. I agree that's not his game, but he's not good enough to be effective in "his game" anymore. He's a possession receiver not by choice, but by default. Rice accepted it toward the end of his career, and wound up becoming one of the best in the league. I just think Moss is too stubborn to change his game, which will keep him stuck in the mud as an ineffective/unproductive wideout who runs far too many 9's than he should, and gives up on underneath routes if he can't see the QB's eyes.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:14 PM   #571
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Nah...I'm just looking at him like a has-been Wideout who use to be great, but can't cut it anymore. You're telling me that his stats this year and being cut by two teams are purely coincidental?

Didn't someone project his season out to 750 yards and 9 or 10 TDs? Nine TD production will definitely get you cut from most teams.
I'm guessing, given some of his play that I saw this year, plus the coverages that teams continue to throw at him, that his getting cut by two teams has very little to do with his play on the field. Rather, that he is some sort of virulent plague in the locker room.

I should have stayed out of this. Really, I can see one guy beating his head against the wall, trying to defend what most everyone else considers indefensible. I just couldn't resist.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:14 PM   #572
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I agree in full with the first quoted sentence.

I strongly disagree with the notion that, on a pass play, a professional QB will refrain from chucking the ball downfield to the greatest deep threat in NFL history, because one of the "2-3 best backs in the NFL" is pass blocking/in the flats. I played four years at Quarterback, and that in no way, shape or form makes me more of an expert than any professional coach/player. The reason I mention this, is that I know the difference between a Wideout who can stretch the field and one who can't, because I have lived it. Moss this year has been mediocre at best. The "zero deep passes" statistics that you keep throwing out there only reinforce what I'm saying.

Fair enough

But the Pats were winning games so they didnt need to take needless chances. I always get the impression that Childress is a control freak and wouldnt allow for something not scripted in the offense. He sure is the wrong frikin coach to have Favre as his qb and Moss as his WR knowing how controlling he loves to be. I am very disappointed as I thought Favre(not afraid to chuck it up into triple coverage) and Moss(one of the best of all time at making catches in traffic) would have been a match made perfect for each other.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #573
theclassic
n00b

Saints big win.

The Saints victory last night adds the Saints to the list of teams that have won games between previous Super Bowl winners.

Only 14 other teams have done so in the history of the NFL. I posted all the results on my blog if anybody is interested.

When Super Bowl winners meet. « SportsDelve.com
theclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #574
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

I seem to recall Favre chucking it in Moss' direction a few times in the that Jets game and I also remember Favre wincing in pain, holding his right elbow, at the end of that one. Could it be that Favre just can't heave it like Randy needs it to be heaved?
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #575
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Forget it. We all have areas we're not going to agree with each other, this is like arguing college football with MBBF or Poilitics with JonInMiddleGA, or me on various things.. it's better for the blood pressure just to drop it

This is similar to the old saying... If you can't spot the troll on the forum, it must be you.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #576
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
I seem to recall Favre chucking it in Moss' direction a few times in the that Jets game and I also remember Favre wincing in pain, holding his right elbow, at the end of that one. Could it be that Favre just can't heave it like Randy needs it to be heaved?

Doubtful...all you have to do is watch his first two years in the league. Half of what made Moss so great was his ability to catch terribly underthrown passes from Randal Cunningham every game, while in double coverage, and still turn run another 20 yards to paydirt.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #577
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

ESPN's Adam Schefter is "being told" that Randy Moss is open to returning to Minnesota.

Our View: In case you haven't heard, Moss is reportedly set to be waived tomorrow, a decision apparently made solely by coach Brad Childress. Other sources have stated that Vikings brass doesn't necessarily agree with the decision, and since Moss hasn't officially been waived, there's a small chance he'll never be released by Minnesota. Still, after the receiver's strange comments yesterday coupled with Childress's reported claims of not wanting him around, we'd be very surprised if he ended up wearing purple ever again. Stay tuned.

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter is "being told" that Randy Moss is open to returning to Minnesota.

In case you haven't heard, Moss is reportedly set to be waived tomorrow, a decision apparently made solely by coach Brad Childress. Other sources have stated that Vikings brass doesn't necessarily agree with the decision, and since Moss hasn't officially been waived, there's a small chance he'll never be released by Minnesota. Still, after the receiver's strange comments yesterday coupled with Childress's reported claims of not wanting him around, we'd be very surprised if he ended up wearing purple ever again. Stay tuned.

From rototimes

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-01-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #578
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
I'm busy looking at Suicide Girls.

Well played...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #579
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Speaking of Ogre-like posting.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #580
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
In re: to getting other guys open, maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. In years past, sure I bet he was great at it. This year? I'd argue he's not doing it any better than anyone else that can run a streak. Again...I stated this multiple times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
He doesn't need to to make his team better.
Cosign on Scoobz here.

Sun Tzu is making 2 arguments as I see it - one that Randy Moss isn't any good as a deep threat, and one that this makes him a possession receiver. The first one is wrong imo, but at least debatable, while the second is batshit crazy and makes me think you have a very different definition of "possession receiver" than the commonly accepted one of a player that gets a lot of catches, primarily short of 12 yards down the field.

The Patriots used him as a deep threat and red zone target. The Vikings had him running deep routes (and probably should have used him as a red zone target instead of getting stuffed running the ball). The Dolphins and Jets singled up Moss but every other team rolls that extra safety over the top. Even if Moss can't beat double coverage (and the DPI on Meriwether would seem to indicate that he can) he can not bother running a route and he's still helping the rest of the offense because they are playing 10 vs. 9. As someone who knows a little about coaching football and has watched every Patriots game, they were better on offense with him, and the stats back it up. From watching 3 Vikings games, they looked better on offense with Moss than without him, and the stats (albeit in a small sample size) back it up. Maybe he's not worth the off-field issues (certainly not if you're Brad Childress and you've already lost control of your team), and he's definitely not as good as he was 3 years ago, but he certainly does not play as, nor is treated by opposing defenses as, a "possession receiver".
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #581
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:

Very well might be, don't really follow McNabb so I have no clue how he performs in the 2-minute. Initially, I found it amusing that, according to him, his two star players are out of shape.

As I was thinking on a serious note.... we are 7-8 weeks, whatever it is, into the season. Why is he still out of shape? Was Shannahan just hoping they would never have to run the 2-minute drill?
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #582
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

can we waive Sun Tzu?
Old 11-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #583
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Very well might be, don't really follow McNabb so I have no clue how he performs in the 2-minute. Initially, I found it amusing that, according to him, his two star players are out of shape.

As I was thinking on a serious note.... we are 7-8 weeks, whatever it is, into the season. Why is he still out of shape? Was Shannahan just hoping they would never have to run the 2-minute drill?

I think he could be refering to being out of shape mentally more than physically, which makes sense to me.

But I also agree that Grossman may not be an improvement.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #584
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
I think he could be refering to being out of shape mentally more than physically, which makes sense to me.

But I also agree that Grossman may not be an improvement.
He specifically said McNabb didn't have the cardiovascular endurance for it, partially due to the ankle injury he's had the last few weeks.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #585
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Wasn't Jerry Rice always a possession receiver?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #586
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Even if Moss can't beat double coverage (and the DPI on Meriwether would seem to indicate that he can) he can not bother running a route and he's still helping the rest of the offense because they are playing 10 vs. 9.
Actually, now that I think about it that was the one play all game where we sent a corner blitz and had single coverage on Moss. And of course, it was a huge win for the Vikings (25 yards to inside the 10)
Old 11-01-2010, 07:07 PM   #587
stevew
Hall Of Famer

RE Childress;
I'm beyond merely wanting to see him get fired. I want him to suffer real pain.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #588
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

as a cuse native i'm required by law to have a mother's love for mcnabb but it's been tough. you start running out of excuses.

i will say i don't think it was ever his intention to re-sign in was. and that may be affecting his motivation (remember shanny traded for plummer, sang his praises then drafted cutler a year later) but still. he's been really really bad.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #589
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Actually, now that I think about it that was the one play all game where we sent a corner blitz and had single coverage on Moss. And of course, it was a huge win for the Vikings (25 yards to inside the 10)

Exactly!

If Sun Tzu had seen the Vikings play the first 3 weeks of the season he would have known Favre played most of them 3 games on his backside. Now with Moss limiting the other teams blitz schemes he atleast can get passes off which may not be such a great thing either. Its whatever at this point in regards to the Vikings as they have fucked up this season themselves but a team that claims Moss will be getting a nice addition despite what his numbers say thus far this season.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #590
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
RE Childress;

It would be nice to see him get fired on Christmas Eve, but I don't want to see him on the sidelines that long.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #591
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
RE Childress;

he's no longer a downfield threat, but he's still an okay possession coach
Old 11-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #592
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
as a cuse native i'm required by law to have a mother's love for mcnabb but it's been tough. you start running out of excuses.

i will say i don't think it was ever his intention to re-sign in was. and that may be affecting his motivation (remember shanny traded for plummer, sang his praises then drafted cutler a year later) but still. he's been really really bad.

As a Cuse native myself, which McNabb is not, he has pretty much underachieved in the NFL compared to his expectations. Sort of an embarassment for being an ex-Orangemen.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:28 PM   #593
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
I'm busy looking at Suicide Girls.

See the original thread...I found her.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:35 PM   #594
molson
General Manager

Quote:
As a Cuse native myself, which McNabb is not, he has pretty much underachieved in the NFL compared to his expectations. Sort of an embarassment for being an ex-Orangemen.

I wouldn't say embarrassment, but the thing that bugged me about him was his hangup about not being, in his mind, just a "black QB" that ran the ball. He largely put that skill on the shelf when he went to the NFL. It's pretty amazing what he's accomplished without that. But he definitely could have been more. Somewhere in the middle of his pro career, he seemed to get really fat and slow - almost a self-fulfilling prophecy or something where then he had no choice but to drop back and be a pocket passer.

After watching almost every game he played in college, every time I've ever seen him in his pro career he just looked SLOW.

Last edited by molson : 11-01-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #595
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

is this a troll? that's just silly. no one i know feels that way.

ftr- tim couch, akili smth, cade mcnown, daunte culpepper
Old 11-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #596
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
which McNabb is not

mike hart is playing. he's a cuse native. but i could give a fuck if he spontaneously combusts because he went to michigan.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #597
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

If Childress isn't fired before the offseason gets kicking, I'm getting my cheese on. I am not even fucking kidding.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #598
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I wouldn't say embarrassment, but the thing that bugged me about him was his hangup about not being, in his mind, just a "black QB" that ran the ball. He largely put that skill on the shelf when he went to the NFL. It's pretty amazing what he's accomplished without that. But he definitely could have been more. Somewhere in the middle of his pro career, he seemed to get really fat and slow - almost a self-fulfilling prophecy or something where then he had no choice but to drop back and be a pocket passer.

After watching almost every game he played in college, every time I've ever seen him in his pro career he just looked SLOW.

I would think he got slow right about the time he busted his ankle during the 2002-03 season...I'd hardly call that "putting that skill on the shelf" when he had it taken away from him.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:09 PM   #599
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
I would think he got slow right about the time he busted his ankle during the 2002-03 season...I'd hardly call that "putting that skill on the shelf" when he had it taken away from him.

Exactly, people forget the injuries he suffered that took away some of his speed. Before those, he won plenty of games with his legs.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-01-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #600
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

The only thing that could make this better is if Childress' ineptness should cause him to submit the name "Adrian Peterson" instead of "Randy Moss" on the waiver.

Or if the rest of the team called a meeting and invited the owner to sit in, so they could ask him to fire the Child instead of kicking Moss to the curb. I actually think that at this point that could be the only thing that might save the season.

Last edited by M GO BLUE!!! : 11-01-2010 at 08:37 PM.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote