Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2004, 05:08 PM   #1
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Year of the Bull

Has anyone else seen this? I caught it by accident, and was blown away by it. It is the most surreal football documentary I have seen since Hoop Dreams.

http://www.yearofthebull.com/

Try to see it if you can, you will really like it.

FROM SITE:
YEAR OF THE BULL is a documentary film that covers an entire football season with the Miami Northwestern Bulls and Taurean Charles, their All-American Captain, who is forced to accept the hero's role as team leader. Having lost his father at an early age, Taurean lives with his mother and twin sister and believes football will enable him to provide his family with a better life. Bearing the weight of a city's overwhelming pressure to win, Taurean comes of age on camera. Through his experience, we witness the elements that make high school football unique in Liberty City: the state-wide media hype that invades a star athlete, the school's voracious appetite for a state championship, young men having to play through serious injuries, and the recruiting frenzy from colleges across the nation. As the season progresses and Northwestern continues to win, Taurean has lost interest in preparing for the SAT and his teachers fear the worst. After the annual arch rival game played in front of 30,000 fans, Taurean leads his team to the state finals in Tallahassee, a three year long goal. Northwestern loses the finals and the community is crushed. What is worse, Taurean still does not have his SAT scores to qualify for a scholarship. Despite being voted first team all state and coming in second in the state Player of the Year, Taurean is ignored by many of the top schools that don't believe he will get the required SAT score. Will he beat the odds and make it?
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand

Last edited by Senator : 09-20-2004 at 05:09 PM.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 05:13 PM   #2
The_herd
College Starter

POTENTIAL SPOILER

Isn't that the kid that was arrested at a party and then suspended from the Florida football team this summer?
Old 09-20-2004, 05:52 PM   #3
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Has anyone else seen this? I caught it by accident, and was blown away by it. It is the most surreal football documentary I have seen since Hoop Dreams.

Wasn't Hoop Dreams about...um...basketball?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 05:56 PM   #4
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

The Herd - Yep he is a regular keg thrower. If you guys only knew the shit Florida gets away with...
Old 09-20-2004, 06:02 PM   #5
The_herd
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
The Herd - Yep he is a regular keg thrower. If you guys only knew the shit Florida gets away with...

Thanks, thought that was him.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:56 PM   #6
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
Wasn't Hoop Dreams about...um...basketball?

typo - thanks for the call out.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote