Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

CK II Westeros: Wolves in the Forest - a Stark AAR

Placeholder for first post bringing you all up to date on the first 20 years or so.

Ask away with your questions about "What happened to House X" or "Where is Person Y" and I'll answer them tonight.

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
Autumn
Head Coach

What happened to House X, where is Person Y?

Am I doing this right? Also, I think they should revise this mod to give actual names to houses and people.

I will be following!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would think that we would want the scoop on each of the Stark children as a starting point.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I would think that we would want the scoop on each of the Stark children as a starting point.

Of course, since it's a Stark AAR. Anybody else?
Old 05-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
cschex
High School Varsity

This is Robert's Rebellion, correct? If so, I'm interested in any of the current Kingsguard, specifically Arthur Dayne
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #6
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

There are no Stark children at the start. Tyrion starts out as the greatest thing tho. The Morningstar is pretty awesome
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #7
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
There are no Stark children at the start. Tyrion starts out as the greatest thing tho. The Morningstar is pretty awesome

This is true. But now (20 years in) there is a nice lil group of them.

I'll try to give a good rundown on all of the major book characters I guess. At least what they're up to now, and any details about their life (kids etc) that there are.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-29-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #8
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Date: November 12, 8303

Lord Paramount Eddard "The Careless" Stark of the North is 41 years old. He remains married to Lady Catelyn Stark.

They have had 4 children to-date.
Sansa (age 19) is the Master of Coin of the North, and is Betrothed to the 13 year-old Lord Brynden Arryn, Heir to the Vale. Interestingly, Sansa is a hunchback.

Robb Stark (d. age 18 of natural causes) was previously Betrothed to Lady Paramount Elinor I (age 6 now) of the Riverlands.

Lady Arya (age 15) is under the guardianship of Hallis Mollen.

Lord Bran (age 8) is also under the guardianship of Hallis Mollen. He is my sole heir, and is betrothed to his brother's ex-fiance, Lady Paramount Elianor I of The Riverlands. They make a better match age-wise anyways.

Lord Benjen Stark (age 38), my brother. I married Benjen to Cersei Lannister and then made him the Master of Winterwood (the equivelent of a Bishop) and thus removed him from the line of succession. Cersei was previously married to Hoster Tully before his death in 8285 at the age of 50 (comatose, in bed). Cersei had 1 child with Hoster, Lord Bronn of the Riverlands, who is the Heir to the Riverlands (not Lord Paramount though - there's a difference). She has 3 children with Benjen (she has been a busy lady): Rickard (age 15), Eadwald (age 12), and Cotter (age 5). Eadwalk looks as if he will be useful from a diplomacy and martial standpoint.

My council:
Castellan - Mayor Domeric of Whitegate.
Master of Laws - Lord Carados Mollen of Dawnforest
Master at Arms - Lord Jorah Mormont of Bear Island (he succeeded his father Lord Jeor in this post)
Master of Coin - the aforementioned Lady Sansa.
Master of Whispers - Lord Roose Bolten. Roose has 5 children, his heir Domeric (age 25, who married Jeyne Poole), Ramsay Snow (I must do something about him), and 3 underage daughters. Unfortunately Ramsey is an amazing fighter and great at intrigue.
Maester: Luwin was called to the Conclave, so my new Maester is Alyn of House Hunt.

Vassals (let me know if you want more details on any of these, or I will keep it short):
Lord of Last Hearth: The Greatjon still reigns at the age of 51.
Lord of Karhold: Eddard Karstark
Lady of the Rills: Bethany Ryswell - This is problematic. She is married to Roose Bolten, so he is expanding his power base.
Lord of Wolfswood: Galbert Glover
Lord of the Barrowlands: Andrey Dustin (age 15) - His father Lord Willam Dustin died a natural death at age 38.
Lord of the Dreadfort: Lord Roose Bolton
Lord of White Harbor: Wyman Manderly
Lord of Hornwood: Daryn Hornwood
Lord of the Neck: Howland Reed
Lord of Flint's Finger: Rodrik Flint
Lord of Bear Island: Jorah Mormont
Lord of Kingshouse: Hagen Magnar
Lord of Deepdown: Olars Crowl
Lord of Driftwood Hall: Oswyn Stane - currently imprisoned by King Aegon in King's Landing
Lady of Sea Dragon's Point: Barbrey Ryswell - man these Ryswell's get around
Lord of White Knife: Wendel Manderly
Lord of Castle Cerwyn :Euric Cerwyn
Lord of Dawnforest: Carados Mollen
Lord of Crow's Edge: Hugo Wull
Lord of Pinesend: Uhtred Liddle
--------------------------------------------------
Mayor of Wintertown: Denys of Wintertown
Master of Winterwood: Benjen Stark
Mayor of Whitegate: Domeric of Whitegate
Mayor of Crofter's Clearing: Leofric of Crofter's Clearing
Mayof or Travelton: Eddard of Travelton

Allied with:
Robert Baratheon: Lord Paramount of the Stormlands (my brother-in-law)
Bron Tully: Lord of the Trident, Lord of the Riverlands
Stannis Baratheon: Lord of Adderdell (brother-in-law of my sister)
Renly Baratheon: Lord of Hallow Keep (same)
Benjen Stark: (my little brother)

Currently attempting to move from Low Crown Authority to Medium Crown Authority to reduce my vassal's wars on each other.

The story so far.

I immediately called my banner's upon the game's opening and assembled a mighty host (23k or so) and marched them on King's Landing to rescue my sister.

In the meantime, Robert (that asshole) married some baseborn woman, Cyrenna.

The forces of Robert and Jon Arryn suffered the following successive defeats.
Battle of Amberly - defeated by Willas Tyrell
Battle of Crow's Nest - defeated by Fredrec Footly
Battle of Parchments - Robert is defeated by Fredrec Footly
Battle of Griffin's Roost - forces of the Vale defeated by Fredrec
Battle of Griffin's Roost 2 - Robert is defeated by Lord Tion Dayne
Battle of Pallars - The outnumbered forces of Jon Arryn (under Lord Donniger of Sunset Keep) are defeated by a much larger Army of the Westerlands
Battle of Sow's Horn - Lord Arrny's army (was 4k men) is wiped out by the Army of the Westerlands
Battle of Whitewalls: Lord Grafton of Gulltown, leading an army of almost 7k Knights of the Vale is crushed by an army of 16k under the direct command of Lord Tywin Lannister.

For those keeping track...yes...Robert has not won a battle yet. And I'm leaving out the minor skirmishes.

Battle of Brickendon: An army of 7k Stormland men under the command of Robert Baratheon wins their first engagement of the war, routing 600 Dornish fighters.
Battle of Connington Tower: Robert's host of 7k men defeats 1500 Dornishmen
Battle of Adderhall: Robert's host (now 9k) crushes the host of 7k Dornishmen

My first engagement of the war!

Battle of Dyre Den: The advance party of 2k men under Lord Eddard Stark are destroyed by a 20k man army under Damon Marbrand of the Westerlands. Maybe this is where I got the nickname Careless?
Battle of Cahors: 12k men under Lord Eddard Stark suffer a crushing defeat at the hands of Hobber Redwyne's 28k army, losing nearly 11k men.
Battle of Rook's Rest: 15k men under Lord Stark absolutely destroy (5:1 in terms of losses) the Army of Lord Tion Dayne

Battle of Dyre Den: 5k Knights of the Vale are obliterated by Lord Damon Ashemark.
Battle of Dyre Den: 7k men of the Riverlands catch 5k men under Lord Josua Smallwood unawares.
Battle of Greenflight: Robert Baratheon's 8k man army rolls over 1100 men of the Westerlands.
Battle of Antlercliff: Robert's 8k man army inflicts staggering losses on an army of 4500 Westerlands men.
Battle of Brizond Port: 3900 men under Lord Raimond Erenford defeat 4200 Westerlands men under Lord Baelon Blacktyde
Battle of Cahors: 3400 Knights of the Vale under Robar Royce defeat 2500 Dornishmen under Tion Dayne.
Battle of Rook's Roost: 6k Knights of the Vale defeat 2300 Targaryn men under the command of the command of Aegon Targaryn.
Battle of Strongcliff: The Knights of the Vale defeat an army of 5500 men of the Reach.
Battles of Brizond Port & Sweetport Sound: The Knights of the Vale (13k strong now) absolutely decimate an army of Greyjoys (who are also in the process of being conquered by the Westerlands at this point according to the flags next to the battle report?)
Battles of Strongcliff/Brizond Port/Brownhollow: Hugo Wull's army (between 2k at start and 7k at the end) suffers successive defeats to the Greyjoy army, Oberyn Martell's army, and Renly Baratheon's Army (traitorous fuck...turning on his brother).

Raising my standards for what battles I'll cover or this will take all night. My forces return to the North to lick their wounds and regroup. Robert and his allies suffer a number of successive small-to-middling defeats, particularly to a large army under the command of Tywin Lannister numbering around 25k.

Battle of Byrch Hall: 7k men of the Riverlands under Ser Lewys of Brockhall are crushed by 10k men of the Reach.
Battle of Grandview: 10k men under Lord Bryen Caron are defeated by 12k men under Lord Medwick of Blueburn flying the flags of the Targaryn kings.

I re-raise my banners and march south again to aid my loser allies. Again, roughly 24k men.

Battle of Starrydell: 5k mercenaries of the North defeat 2k men of the Westerlands.
Battle of Stokeworth: 6k mercenaries of the North defeat 4k men of the Westerlands.
Battle of Lion's Rest: 7k men under Lord Bryen Caron defeat 4k men under Lord Emmon Rowan, flying the Targaryn flag.
Battle of Grandview: Lord Caron's host of the Dornish Marches (flying the Stormland banner) defeat 11k Greyjoys flying the Targaryn flag.

My forces reach King's Landing! I lay seige immediately, hoping to take King's Landing and free my sister. Eventually, after a long struggle, I am successful in taking King's Landing, the Red Keep, and all other associated gates and Towers. Lyanna runs off to marry Robert, who's lowborn wench has passed away already. The Targaryn's however, have escaped, and thus the war continues.

We continue on, battling against the Targaryn's and their allies in the Crownlands in an attempt to bring the war home to them and end it, seiging numerous castles and towns as our allies do the same. We know hold a number of the lands and all castles and towns within them.

Robert's forces suffers a notable defeat at Langward Hall as the formerly high-flying Lord Caron's army of 10k Stormlanders is defeated by 13k men under the Sword of the Morning, Ser Arthur Dayne of the Kingsguard.

I suffer a defeat defending King's Landing in the field as 10k of my men under my direct command are massacred by Doran Martell (he lost 839 of his 23k men and I lost 5k of my 10k).

In response though, I turn with reinforcements and my 17k host inflicts 11k casualties on his 18k army.

The garrison holds though, and King's Landing remains in my hands.

This is where the war stands at the moment, with our side having a 61% war-score (down from 69% earlier).

My next post will cover the whereabouts of notable characters.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-29-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

The Kingsguard
-----------------------

Current Composition
Lord Commander Arthur "The Sword of the Morning" Dayne - age 57
Jonothor Darry
Lewyn Martell
Jaime Lannister

Looks like they have some open spots to fill (not sure why the AI hasn't filled them frankly - it's supposed to).

Lord Commander Gerold Hightower died a maimed cripple six years ago in 8297.

-----------------
Targaryns

The Mad King ruled until 8290 when he died, also a maimed cripple. I like to think that Hightower and him were both killed by Ned as he took the Red Keep. He had a bunch of little Targs.

Rhaegar died comatose in his bed in 8285 at the age of 26.

Queen Rhaenys of the Iron Throne married her brother King Aegon the Ill-Ruler, who ascended the throne in 8290.

King Aegon VI the Ill-Ruler is actually not insane, although Rhaenys is.

Prince Viserys is currently 28 and the Lord of Summerhall. He is married and has two young Targ-children.

Aerys' two twin daughters, Alerie and Eleana are both 19. Alerie is unmarried and is insane. Eleana is insane, and is married to HER brother, Aerys' final child, the 16 year-old Prince Jaehaerys. He's going to give the Jaehaerys' name a bad taste, as he is also nuts.

Aegon VI and Rhaenys have three children, two boys and a girl. Princess Rhaena is 5. Prince Rhaegar is 1, and Prince Maegar is not even 1 yet. Rhaene is nuts. Rhaegar is not. Maegar I don't believe is nuts, but he is attractive.

-------------
Tullys

Hoster died in 8285. His son Edmure married a Blanetree, and died a maimed cripple in 8300, leaving the Lord Paramount title to Elianor, his only child.

------------
Greyjoys

Balon died in 8293 a maimed cripple.
His eldest son Rodrik is the current Lord Paramount of the Iron Islands, and is married to a Stonetree. He has 4 daughters.

-------------
Aaryns

Lord Jon the Wise still rules in the Vale, at the age of 78. He has (for some reason) gotten very frisky with Lysa, and has 6 daughters and one son (Brynden, who is betrothed to Sansa Stark). 5 of the daughters still live, and two of them are of-age. Both are unmarried.

----------------
Lannisters

Lord Paramount Tywin is 60 and still reigns. He remarried a baseborn lady. Cersei is married to Benjen Stark, as noted. Jaime is, as noted, in the Kingsguard. Tyrion is serving as Heir and Master of Whispers in the Westerlands, and is married to a Kenning (yay for Tyrion being happy and actually in love). They have one daughter, Cecyle Lannister, age 5. Oops...I spoke too soon. Tyrion's wife Elianor Kenning is a lesbian. Guess he's not getting any there. Tywin's fourth child (by the baseborn woman) is Heir to the Lorship of Castamere. I guess that's a joke on him. Daddy don't really love him.

--------------------
Baratheons

Robert is married to Lyanna, as noted. They have...4 daughters and a son. Only the eldest daughter is of-age, and she is his heir.

Stannis is married to Lady Alanah Burleigh and is lord of Adderdell. They have 4 sons and a daughter (none of age).

Renly is married to Lady Daella of Dalston Keep, anad is Lord of Hadlow Keep. He has one (not of age) daughter.

---------------------
Tyrells

Mace Tyrell died a maimed cripple in 8300. He had a ton of kids, so bear with me!

Willis Tyrell is the current Lord Paramount of the Reach. He is married to Megga Tyrell. They have two sons and a daughter (none of age). Willis is formidable.

Garlan is unmarried.

Loras is married to Arwyn Hightower. No kids.

Margaery is married to Wyman Webber of Coldmoat. They have one young daughter.

Lord Owen of the Reach is unmarried.

Mace also had two (not of age yet) sons and a daughter.

--------------
Martells

Doran the Magnificent still reigns. He's only 55, and is not gouty at all.

Arianne, his heir, is 26 and is unmarried (man I should try to get someone to marry her! Smoking and talented!)

Lord Arwood of Dorne is 16 and is unmarried. He's a hell of a guy - double digits across all stats.

Doran also has young Obera, who is 7.

-------------
Littlefinger

Littlefinger died of illness in 8285 at age 19. Never fear though, he married and fathered two sons, Lord Corwyn Baelish of Newton (unmarried), and Abelar Baelish (unmarried).

---------
Stevron Frey still rules in The Twins. He has 3 "not of age" kids, two dead kids (Aegon Jinglebells and Maegelle), and two living sons that are of-age, Waldon (who is married to a Hardyng), and Ryman Frey (who is married to a lowborn).

Anybody else you want to know about? Ask away.

Phew...caught you all up I think.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-29-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #10
Autumn
Head Coach

This is pretty cool DT, wow. Glad I dont have this game, I don't have time to think about so many things! Sansa being a hunchback master of coins is cracking me up the most I think. Sounds like they did an amazing job with the mod.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #11
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Late 8303
-----------------------
I have retreated with my troops to rebuild my host for another assault on the Crownlands to hopefully drive the Targaryn's into seeking surrender.

To give you an idea - I have contributed 32% to the war-score, and none of my other allies have contributed over 25%.

An army of the Westerlands lays seige to Kings Landing.

Although my forces are not fully recovered, I call my banners, supplement them with some mercenaries, and march South. I will not arrive in time to avoid having to take back some of the gates via siege, but I should be able to avoid losing the city entirely.

I marry Arya, who has come off age, off to Matthius Waterman of Whitford, a bannerman of Lord Manderly of White Harbor.

I turned down potential marriages with Franklyn Fowler (who is 61) as well as one of the Crownland nobles which were more advantageous as I didn't want to send my daughter into those uncertain situations to be a hostage.

My 22k men move South to join a 7k host from the Riverlands to retake the Red Keep and drive the Loyalist forces from the Crownlands (and hopefully end this damnable war).

Lord Harwood of Goldgrass takes advantage of my distractions down South to declare war on me. He will pay! I raise an army of mercenaries to take care of him while I'm down South.

-----------

Lord Carados Mollin passes away of natural causes at the age of 44. Lady Bethany of the Rills has been appointed Master of Laws as his successor.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-29-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #12
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

------------

Lord Wyman I usurps the title of Lord of White Knife from Wendel Manderly.

--------

The siege of the Red Keep is successful.

The revolt by Lord Harwood of Goldgrass is put down and he is stripped of his title and sent to the wall.

I move my armies to Rosby to besiege it, and contemplate splitting my forces, the better to besiege several locations at once.

I do, and lay siege to Duskendale along with Rosby. Lord Ulwyck of Dorne comes to the relief of Rosby, so I pull my army from Duskendale and combine forces to outnumber the Dornishmen.

I successfully destroy the Dornishmen, only to be immediately assailed by an army of the Iron Throne, intent on relieving Rosby.

Mayor Domenic my Castellan has died, and I replace him with a lowborn, Eadbert, Master of Godshill.

The loyalist army is soundly defeated, taking 6500 casualties to my 2800.

Lord Brynden of the Vale comes of age, and I immediately fire off a reminder to Lord Paramount Jon Arryn about his wedding to Sansa, which is celebrated immediately.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-29-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #13
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

------------

Sansa leaves for the Vale to marry Brynden. I replace her as Master of Coin with Lord Hagen Magnar of Kingshouse. Nice to have a Skagosi on my Council.

My forces in Rosby are supplemented by a host of Knights of the Vale, and are then immediately attacked by an army of combined Dornishmen, Westerland men, and men of the Reach, who outnumber us by nearly 4k, and we are roundly defeated, losing 10k men to their 5k.

--------

Benjen Stark dies in the rearguard action of our retreat away from Rosby.

Cersei is 41, so just for good humor I arrange for her to matrilinerally marry Hodor. My newphew Rickard (of the Winterwood Starks) wouldn't accept a normal marriage, but the thought of Hodor getting busy with her is just too funny to me, so I go ahead with it.

The Greatjon passes away in battle against Lord Trebor of Ghosthills.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:48 PM   #14
Bad-example
College Starter

Thumbs up

Damn I wish I could play this.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote