Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #651
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Dola, I think I enjoy following the games a thousand times more than being involved.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #652
Autumn
Head Coach

Racer definitely gets props for being the contestant that made me say, "Wow, now he's into it." His strategy messages starting very early in the game to his alliance were really detailed, well thought out. He must have wanted to kick me for not merging earlier as he had a very detailed plan of how to deal with the merge. It was fun to watch.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:35 PM   #653
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I wish I could have played, but I'm best left on the sideline.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:51 PM   #654
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Autumn, not sure how much you kept, but it would be fun to post some of the more interesting strategy PMs you saw. Now that the show's over, all that should go back into public domain.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:54 PM   #655
Thomkal
Head Coach

yeah I'd like to see our starting character sheets too, and see what was told to people who got sent to Exile Island
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:22 PM   #656
Autumn
Head Coach

I think I'll let people decide if they want to post some of their PMs, I agree it could be interesting.

I'll see if I can put together the character ratings in a format easy to post.

Here was the basic Exile Island post:

Chosen to go to Exile Island, you are taken by boat to another deserted island. You are left with a machete, a canteen and that is it.

You find a beach with no shelter, no fire obviously, and no food yet.

You will have to choose your daily actions for your time here. Obviously you cannot PM, or watch anybody. Your choices are: rest, build shelter, find food or search for the idol.

As for the idol, at the spot where you are dropped off you find a sign. It reads:

If personal immunity is what you seek
Start by searching near the creek

You can see not far from the sign a creek coming out of the woods to the ocean.

To be clear, time spent searching for the idol gives you a chance to successfully follow the clues. If you do not create shelter or find food you will suffer a large health loss, the amount of shelter you create or food you find will lessen that health loss. Spending time resting will recuperate health points.

Let me know what you would like to do.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #657
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, that's not going to be super easy. The gist of it is that people had two excellent abilities, two good, one poor and the rest average. The ratings were equally spread among the 20 original contestants, though the 14 in this game were randomly chosen.

There were also some individuals who were either more or less talented than others. If more talented they got to increase two ratings, but had a weakness - lower health points than others, or requiring more food, for instance. If they were less talented they had to lower a rating, but had a perk such as more health points or extra private messages.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #658
hoopsguy
General Manager

Looks like I've missed a lot of the good discussion already. Here are a couple of my takeaways from the game.

1.) The thread got pretty slow when the tribes merged, as it turned from a largely forum-based game to a largely PM-based game. I'm sure it was very interesting for Autumn, who got to see all of the action from a "god" view but it did not make for an interesting read.

2.) I ended up voting for chesapeake because it felt to me like he had the broadest contributions, to his success and his alliance members, across the villager thread, alliance PMs, and non-alliance PMs.

3.) I really enjoyed having Maple Leafs and heybrad join us this game. I spent a little more time with ML since I swapped a few PMs with him, but would love to have both guys back for non-survivors games in the future.

To be continued when I've got some more time on my hands. I'm out for a couple of days with a family wedding, so I'm having a hard time finding a window for FOFC But I do want to chime in on a few other things in the post-game. I thought this was a really interesting, and different game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:35 PM   #659
Autumn
Head Coach

Thanks Hoops. Yes, I knew it would grow pretty darn quiet in the thread once the merge happened, and there was little to no strategy to discuss. I had planned on perhaps having some "events" happen to give the tribe things to deal with. But by that point it seemed like people were having enough trouble keeping up with the regular deadlines and I didn't want to swamp them. I'm open to ideas of how to produce more in-thread activity though
Old 06-25-2010, 06:24 PM   #660
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Glad my contribution to the camp helped give you guys a good lead going into the merge.

Sorry that I got pulled away by work and was unable to really get into the game.

Grats ML!!!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:16 AM   #661
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
How you described your actions and made your strategy had a *huge* impact on how it went.

Honestly, I really disliked this part. Not only because it wasn't really stated at the onset, but I just really dislike that much subjective refereeing. In the future, I'd love to know that kind of stuff at the onset so I could sit out the games that took that approach.

All the same, thanks for putting in what must have been a herculean effort to keep up with everything for the game Autumn.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:37 PM   #662
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Honestly, I really disliked this part. Not only because it wasn't really stated at the onset, but I just really dislike that much subjective refereeing. In the future, I'd love to know that kind of stuff at the onset so I could sit out the games that took that approach.

All the same, thanks for putting in what must have been a herculean effort to keep up with everything for the game Autumn.

Well, I did state it in the rules but it was clear no one really got that on day one. I didn't want to state directly what you should do to get the best results, as I was trying to simulate the fact that working together mattered, and that a bunch of people who just kind of did their own thing wouldn't do as well as they might otherwise.

It wasn't very subjective - there were mechanics behind it where I weighted the ratings differently if you chose to follow a puzzle leader, for instance. I felt it was necessary both in order to simulate the game better, and to give you guys anything to do in thread. But I can understand if it rubbed some people the wrong way - just like we see in the FOF forum, some people like their mechanics to be clear. I felt it would be a bit boring if everyone just knew "Oh we have two Good puzzle guys on the puzzle, so we'll win."