Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-01-2006, 08:48 PM   #551
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
So does it then reason that he could still be a Dimir and yet compel the actions of the truly devout?

I am guessing so at this point. I can't quote the PM, but it basically said as head of religious caste I should do as he chose. As a devout follower I culd not opoose him.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:49 PM   #552
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
So it's not about a game within a game, where the true believers are battling the atheists for some secondary prize?

I'm not aware of such a dynamic, but that doesn't mean one won't develop. After all, we have been informed that you can be regarded as rather self-serving, IIRC. That would seem to go against the group effort we need to kill the Dimir.

But at the moment, I myself, as a devout believer, do not believe you pose a threat to our attempt to rid ourselves of the Dimir.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:55 PM   #553
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not aware of such a dynamic, but that doesn't mean one won't develop. After all, we have been informed that you can be regarded as rather self-serving, IIRC. That would seem to go against the group effort we need to kill the Dimir.

But at the moment, I myself, as a devout believer, do not believe you pose a threat to our attempt to rid ourselves of the Dimir.

I wouldnt have told him that chief if you were a member of our faith. We dont know what he is capable of and he definitly made me be a deciding vote to kill a good guy today. He likely can compell you tommorrow. (or maybe tonight)
Old 08-01-2006, 08:56 PM   #554
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Its a fancy way of saying that you cant bribe me or convert me. I have a different ability that protects me at nights.

Has there been a game where someone is actually invulnerable? Because that's what I'm getting here, and it seems like a nice ability to have.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:56 PM   #555
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
st. cronin, I'm curious in that you changed your vote without making much of a mention as to why. I found that suspicous at the time and am wondering what made you switch.

At the time hoopsguy was way out in front. I didn't know what to make of either guys story, or Swaggs for that matter. I wish Fouts had been a little bit more ... convincing.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:58 PM   #556
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Has there been a game where someone is actually invulnerable? Because that's what I'm getting here, and it seems like a nice ability to have.

If you're a bad guy try it out. Maybe you'll like it as much as me
Old 08-01-2006, 09:00 PM   #557
st.cronin
General Manager

dola

I also thought that knowing if Fouts was good would be more helpful than knowing that hoopsguy was good. In other words, had we lynched hoops and he turned up good, I would not have been convinced of Fouts badness.

knives out
Old 08-01-2006, 09:01 PM   #558
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wouldnt have told him that chief if you were a member of our faith. We dont know what he is capable of and he definitly made me be a deciding vote to kill a good guy today. He likely can compell you tommorrow. (or maybe tonight)

I'm actually not sure my devotion is as strong as yours, as the wording of how you describe your invulnerabiltiy varies somewhat from my own. So I am not so sure I am as vulnerable to his power.

Regardless, I have other ways of protecting myself, and I feel the matter will be settled before he feels the need to compel my vote.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:02 PM   #559
hoopsguy
General Manager

I will consider it a monumental upset if I'm in a position to compel a deciding vote tomorrow.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:04 PM   #560
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
dola

I also thought that knowing if Fouts was good would be more helpful than knowing that hoopsguy was good. In other words, had we lynched hoops and he turned up good, I would not have been convinced of Fouts badness.

I don't understand this logic at all.

Your late vote shift and this logic does not look good to me. I hope you can do something tonight to make us see that you are truly on our side.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:06 PM   #561
Schmidty
Coordinator

Damnit, I left with my wife for a "quick trip to the store" a couple of hours ago, and didn't get back until just now. I'm really sorry about missing the deadline guys.

Now I have to catch up.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:06 PM   #562
Swaggs
Coordinator

Alan, any chance you have tonight's and last night's votes handy?
Old 08-01-2006, 09:06 PM   #563
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I don't understand this logic at all.

Your late vote shift and this logic does not look good to me. I hope you can do something tonight to make us see that you are truly on our side.

Nothing I can do. My abilities are strictly political, and right now they appear to have been taken away. I'm sorry if you don't see the logic the same way I do.

knives out
Old 08-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #564
st.cronin
General Manager

dola

Apparently I will get my political prowess back if I vote for a Dimri.

knives out
Old 08-01-2006, 09:10 PM   #565
hoopsguy
General Manager

As a show of faith, I'm willing to take suggestions on who to visit tonight:
1.) search for faithful, in attempt to clear them
2.) search for Gruul, in attempt to expose them

I expect to have both actions available to me this evening. So for those who are doubting me the most, tell me where I should go. You make the decisions - I absolve myself of responsibility here.

If someone wants to test me, send me to a certain place, watch me, and verify if I'm indeed carrying out my orders.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:11 PM   #566
saldana
Pro Starter

my top suspects right now:

Hoops (duh)
Path

a couple others are close to making the list, but i dont have anything more than hunches, so i wont point fingers yet.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:17 PM   #567
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
As a show of faith, I'm willing to take suggestions on who to visit tonight:
1.) search for faithful, in attempt to clear them
2.) search for Gruul, in attempt to expose them

I expect to have both actions available to me this evening. So for those who are doubting me the most, tell me where I should go. You make the decisions - I absolve myself of responsibility here.

If someone wants to test me, send me to a certain place, watch me, and verify if I'm indeed carrying out my orders.

how about staying in your room and sleep soundly?
Old 08-01-2006, 09:17 PM   #568
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Interesting side point to consider: this is a guild with a power structure. If someone in a powerful position is euthanized, would not that position then be open, to be filled either by election, lottery or a previously determined order of succession? Would that new person ascending tot hat position than also receive the powers that come with that position? I would imagine so.

hoopsguy is the top religious figure, and st. cronin the head of the guild. Does this possibility make them targets even more? After all, we have been described as a very self-serving group. And the Dimir would attempt to do this as well, if their own aren't already in power. What better place to be than to be the one on top if you have infiltrated the guild?

Also, if hoops or st. cronin were euthanized (choosing the top positions, BTW, not making a statement for either), does that mean that the Praetor, KWhit, becomes the Magister? And who would replace hoops? If it is the most devout, would it be Alan T?

Old 08-01-2006, 09:25 PM   #569
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Interesting side point to consider: this is a guild with a power structure. If someone in a powerful position is euthanized, would not that position then be open, to be filled either by election, lottery or a previously determined order of succession? Would that new person ascending tot hat position than also receive the powers that come with that position? I would imagine so.

hoopsguy is the top religious figure, and st. cronin the head of the guild. Does this possibility make them targets even more? After all, we have been described as a very self-serving group. And the Dimir would attempt to do this as well, if their own aren't already in power. What better place to be than to be the one on top if you have infiltrated the guild?

Also, if hoops or st. cronin were euthanized (choosing the top positions, BTW, not making a statement for either), does that mean that the Praetor, KWhit, becomes the Magister? And who would replace hoops? If it is the most devout, would it be Alan T?

My understanding is I am lowest rank, everyone and the janitor ranks above me. I have no idea as Im confused a bit by this story line though.

My understand is I am not of political power, I just am a very devout believer.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:27 PM   #570
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, that option doesn't really help our cause. Demonstrating someone is devout should help create a circle of trust. Locating a Gruul should give you someone to lynch after I'm dead. These are activities that would help us and would be wasted with me staying in my room.

If I had assurances that doing nothing would advance our cause, I would do it. But I'm also concerned about the impact of giving the Gruul an extra day, based on my initial PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:27 PM   #571
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Also, if hoops or st. cronin were euthanized (choosing the top positions, BTW, not making a statement for either), does that mean that the Praetor, KWhit, becomes the Magister?

I think that might be true. Although it might depend on what the exact circumstances were.

knives out
Old 08-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #572
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chief, the last game we played certainly worked that way in terms of getting a promotion with the death of a superior. But I haven't seen anything yet in this game to suggest this is the case.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #573
saldana
Pro Starter

if there were promotions or successions, i would like to think Anxiety would have told us about that being part of the game structure, as it would prove to be kind of an important motivator for some peoples actions.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:30 PM   #574
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'd love to see a Grul exposed. Yeah think that would be a good thing.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:30 PM   #575
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My understanding is I am lowest rank, everyone and the janitor ranks above me. I have no idea as Im confused a bit by this story line though.

My understand is I am not of political power, I just am a very devout believer.

Politically, yes, you are perhaps on the lowest rung. But you have been demonstrated to be very devout, and the Pontifex Maximus is outside of the normal power structure. Would it not be the most devout living member of the guild who woul dget strongest consideration for that role if it should become open?

As I am devout as well, of course, I would assume I would also be a candidate in those circumstances.

Old 08-01-2006, 09:31 PM   #576
hoopsguy
General Manager

So far every death has been a Prelate, so that isn't helping us learn about promotions.

Saldana, you implied earlier that you thought private roles were tied to public roles - do you still believe this? I didn't have any reason to think so at the time, based on my own mismatch but your comment didn't draw much conversation. Perhaps because it was wrapped around a big helping of loco that we have now come to expect from you ...
Old 08-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #577
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Politically, yes, you are perhaps on the lowest rung. But you have been demonstrated to be very devout, and the Pontifex Maximus is outside of the normal power structure. Would it not be the most devout living member of the guild who woul dget strongest consideration for that role if it should become open?

As I am devout as well, of course, I would assume I would also be a candidate in those circumstances.

I suppose then its a possibility. I have no idea how that all works.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #578
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
if there were promotions or successions, i would like to think Anxiety would have told us about that being part of the game structure, as it would prove to be kind of an important motivator for some peoples actions.

You saying that would have motivated you to kill?

Just kidding.

Old 08-01-2006, 09:40 PM   #579
hoopsguy
General Manager

CR, happy to have you in the mix today. After your first day, I was wondering if you were not enjoying your virgin werewolf experience.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:00 PM   #580
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
CR, happy to have you in the mix today. After your first day, I was wondering if you were not enjoying your virgin werewolf experience.

Oh, not at all. I am loving it. I just had to work at both jobs yesterday, and the day job today. I don't have Internet access to here from either. I'm afraid the day time job will continue to get in the way of my participation in the Days (at least until the weekend).

You will usually see me very early (quick stop before I go into work), or running in at the end to read and catch up before the end-of-Day deadline. Then I should be a lot more active at night (like tonight).

I'm having a blast.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 08-01-2006 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:15 PM   #581
saldana
Pro Starter

chief,

couple things

1. glad you are enjoying yourself..it is always great to have new players, they add an element to games that is always fun, hope you stick around and play some more

2. one of the standing rules of all werewolf games is please dont edit your posts, even if it is just to fix a typo, or you think the post is completely innocuous. if you need to correct something you posted, just quote yourself or dola it

3. i have found it useful in situations like yours, when you are ducking in at the end of a "day" and need to get caught up fast to announce that you are here, and someone will ususally give you a quick recap of the days major events and voting trends...you can usually throw a vote out based on that and then go back and read stuff more thoroughly later on. this way you arent trying to jam through 8 pages of posts with one eye on the clock
Old 08-01-2006, 10:21 PM   #582
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
chief,

couple things

1. glad you are enjoying yourself..it is always great to have new players, they add an element to games that is always fun, hope you stick around and play some more

2. one of the standing rules of all werewolf games is please dont edit your posts, even if it is just to fix a typo, or you think the post is completely innocuous. if you need to correct something you posted, just quote yourself or dola it

3. i have found it useful in situations like yours, when you are ducking in at the end of a "day" and need to get caught up fast to announce that you are here, and someone will ususally give you a quick recap of the days major events and voting trends...you can usually throw a vote out based on that and then go back and read stuff more thoroughly later on. this way you arent trying to jam through 8 pages of posts with one eye on the clock

Thanks, saldana. For the record, I only edited that post to add the smilie. I didn't want you think I was seriously questioning your motives.

Old 08-01-2006, 10:22 PM   #583
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
So far every death has been a Prelate, so that isn't helping us learn about promotions.

Saldana, you implied earlier that you thought private roles were tied to public roles - do you still believe this? I didn't have any reason to think so at the time, based on my own mismatch but your comment didn't draw much conversation. Perhaps because it was wrapped around a big helping of loco that we have now come to expect from you ...

more so now than ever i believe this to be true. how do you consider your own roles a mismatch...you are the head of the religious sect, and you have the power to search for a faithful acolyte at night...those 2 things are rather connected...as for your Gruul searching thing...i think thats BS, so i am not factoring that into my idea.

and what the hell are you talking about?
Old 08-01-2006, 10:24 PM   #584
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Thanks, saldana. For the record, I only edited that post to add the smilie. I didn't want you think I was seriously questioning your motives.

thats ok, i knew you were kidding....but thats not the post you edited

now stop trying to convince everyone to kill me
Old 08-01-2006, 10:30 PM   #585
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
thats ok, i knew you were kidding....but thats not the post you edited

now stop trying to convince everyone to kill me

Whoops, same thing, different person. I had a similar post toward st. cronin. That was the one where I decided to add the smilie, because I didn't want st. cronin to read more into it than I meant it to.

Regardless, I won't do that anymore.

Old 08-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #586
st.cronin
General Manager

I have to say, I'm very curious about what happens during the night. Although I expect I won't really have any idea until I hear it from you guys.

knives out
Old 08-02-2006, 12:29 AM   #587
Fouts
College Starter

Can't say I'm surprised people fell for the fake role bs for the millionth time. Good luck to the Orzhov.

FYI, at least I did very well on my exams, which is more important than arguing with hoops.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:01 AM   #588
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Can't say I'm surprised people fell for the fake role bs for the millionth time. Good luck to the Orzhov.

FYI, at least I did very well on my exams, which is more important than arguing with hoops.
Ill use my one night comment to apologize to fouts for the rule change my death created. I wish ya could talk more, sorry mate.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:14 AM   #589
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Holy Cow. Chief Rum is playing? I wish I could.

Even if I could somehow try to play, I'd be 7-9 hours ahead of most of you...and most likely lynched like most of us out here (Euro guys).
Old 08-02-2006, 02:30 AM   #590
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Late in the night, so late that some of you might call it early morning, you hear shouts coming from the room of KWhit

You make your way down the hall to see KWhit shouting at...

...a random guy you haven't seen before. None of you know who this guy is, but he is dripping blood and acid from a lethal wound in his stomach. This man is lying on the ground in the hallway outside of KWhit's room.

KWhit continues to shout at the man as if you weren't even there.

"Did you think I wasn't going to be protected? Did you? I worked my up to the second highest positon in one of the most secretive and backstabbing guilds in the land. Did you think I would die to some guy who doesn;t even know magic, and just uses a blade?"

Kwhit is so angry that with one motion he magically flings the man up against the hallway wall opposite KWhit's room. KWhit turns to you all as if acknowledging you for the first time. "I'm not good at mental charms. Who's somebody I trust?" He looks at you all in turn and sighs. "I don't trust any of you. You, Alan T, you were talking about how you were all devout and what. You have no position of power. Mindscan him."

Alan T moves up to the man, still suspended by KWhit's force magic. Alan T begins scanning the man and then backs away. He turns to KWhit as if to say something, but KWhit stops him.

"No, no, not yet. I didn't say I trusted you, I said you weren't in any authoritative position. Barkeep, no one cares about you, you are the least likely person to ever lead a coup, mindscan."

Barkeep shrugs his shoulders and appraoches the man. A little more slowly than Alan T he scans the mind of the dying man. As Barkeep steps away, KWhit begins talking again.

"Okay, Alan T, telepathically inform what you saw. Interesting. Okay, now Barkeep, tell me telepathically what you saw. Yes, that's what I thought"

KWhit turns to you all. "They saw the exact same thing. This guy works outside the guildhouse and was approached earlier this evening by hoopsguy and paid 100 gold coins to kill me. A compulsion spell was placed on him so that he'd have to follow through and he was paid."

KWHit stares directly at hoopsguy, "The only thing that prevents me from killing you right now is that we still have rules and laws in our guild. Something you must have forgotten a long time ago. Don't think you are going to get away with this."

KWhit begins to walk back to his room and stops. "Time to take out the trash," he says. He holds up his right fist, and then opens it so quickly you didn't even see it open up. At the same time, you hear a tremendous *thwack* sound and turn towards it. There lies the man, slumping to the ground, body in an odd position as if many major bones were just broken, including the spine. The person is obviously dead.

Day Three has begun. Deadline is 9:00 pm EST Wednesday Night.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-02-2006 at 02:35 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:19 AM   #591
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Well...

Vote Hoopsguy
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:06 AM   #592
Swaggs
Coordinator

I have a long workday ahead, but will try to sneak on later this morning if I have a chance.

If not, I will place my vote now:

Vote hoopsguy

I should be back by 7:00 PM EST. I picked up a little more information last night, so it should be interesting to see what information goes up between now and when I return.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:39 AM   #593
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I will be away all day until the end, but I am uncertain of all this just yet, so I cannot cast the obvious vote. There is more going on here than I think is clear to everyone. I would wait to hear what Alan T, Barkeep and KWhit say before casting a vote.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:53 AM   #594
hoopsguy
General Manager

This is just silly. As a religious leader I don't even draw a salary, let alone have 100 gold coins. All of our funds are placed back into the church and focused on efforts to help each and every one of you find salvation in the afterlife.

There is another devout among us who should be able to vouch for my role after last night.

And Saldana is not Gruul. Doesn't mean he's not crazy, or that someone is not trying to kill him. But he is not Gruul.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:54 AM   #595
Swaggs
Coordinator

One last thing and then I am out the door...

If someone made an attempt last night that was blocked, please do not reveal yourself today, unless you really feel it is necessary. I feel like I interfered with someone else's magical action last night, but it was unintentional, and I did not get any bad vibes from that person, at all.

So, do not feel like I will reveal who you are. In fact, I would lean towards believing that you had good intentions last night.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:57 AM   #596
hoopsguy
General Manager

Another thing - I have now been accused with two non-kills during night actions. If I am the villain everyone seems intent to paint me as, I'm obviously horribly incompetent.

KWhit - I'm glad you are OK.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:01 AM   #597
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I don't really have anything else to comment about last night's events. I did not receive a PM and I did not submit any night action.

My knowledge of what happened is the exact same as what everyone else read here. If I have to guess, Barkeep will say the same.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:17 AM   #598
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Swaggs asked for this earlier, but I forgot all about it..

Day 1 votes:

Saldana - Blade (139), Schmidty (158), Fouts (203), Path (227), Barkeep (230)

Fouts - Chubby (143)

Hoops - AlanT (172), Swaggs (181)

Blade - Cronin (201), KWhit (219), Hoops (226), Tangle (231), Saldana

Day two votes:

Fouts - Hoopsguy (335), Cronin (438), Tanglewood (441), Chubby (450), Path (471), Rum (472)

Hoopsguy - Fouts (336), KWhit (346), Barkeep (361), Saldana (364), Swaggs (388), Alan (474)
Old 08-02-2006, 07:50 AM   #599
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Just so you all know I recieved no PM about the action, so I have no particular insight to give.

Just as I did yesterday I will
Vote Hoopsguy
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:25 AM   #600
hoopsguy
General Manager

I thought about this on the car ride into work today, trying to make some sense of these events.

1. Did anyone follow me last night, spy on me last night, or have any way to confirm my accounts for night activities? If so, they should have clearly seen me meet with Chief Rum. If they are able to detect magic, they should have been able to detect my casting of a spell to view Saldana.

2. The idea of bribery has been introduced into the game. In this case, I believe that the unnamed person attacking KWhit is the one that was bribed. The information KWhit holds is a result of knowledge passed by the Thug. This feels like some kind of "plant evidence" power - something that has been available in other WW games.

As I stated before, I do not have any kind of money in this game. I don't know if other offices have some form of currency but I certainly do not. So any story that suggests I paid a random guy to attack KWhit is categorically false.

I don't expect any of this to change votes today if someone is not willing to come forward and somehow vouch for me. I think we are very fortunate that up to this point we have not lost any of our members to a night attack, although I would argue that we are in fact losing me as a result of a Dimir night action if/when you euthanize me today.