Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-02-2006, 09:29 AM   #601
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Someone coming forth to vouch for you as in you having some ability with your role to convince one of the faithful to support you on here?

Its convienant that Chief Rum let you know yesterday that he was one of the faithful, sure it won't have an impact on the vote today most likely but who is to say your only role power is to influence votes? Perhaps you have a list of options available that you can enact on the faithful, just you can only use it on each faithful once?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:31 AM   #602
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, I'm not going to compel any vote today even though I could with Chief Rum as he is also devout. What is the point if it is a runaway vote? I didn't want to use it on you yesterday, but I wanted us to get a Dimir last night and I knew killing me wasn't going to get us that result.

I don't know how someone vouches for me, other than a seer view. But someone who viewed me last night and can validate that my actions were exactly as I have explained them would be a good start.

Someone who viewed another party out and about, perhaps hiring a hitman, would be very helpful information for my cause.

I don't know what piece of information would get people to believe me in this case but I'm going to ask people with relevant information to offer it up so we can make a correct choice here.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:31 AM   #603
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - I don't have a list of options to use on the faithful.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:39 AM   #604
path12
Coordinator

Vote hoopsguy

One of the easiest votes ever.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:21 AM   #605
saldana
Pro Starter

hoops, as far as not having 100 gold pieces because you are the leader of the religious sect....you think the pope has 100 bucks....would guess that he could scratch it together if he wanted it

as far as the entire thing being planted evidence, that would be a waste of resources for the Dimir....we were going to kill you no matter what....if what Kwhit told us (through anxiety) were fabricated, why further incriminate you...how guilty can you be....it would have been a much better play to name someone else in the "planted" evidence, so we would have a target after you

vote hoopsguy
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:24 AM   #606
saldana
Pro Starter

hoops, the thing about being the leader of the religion so you are broke is a pretty solid theory, and thanks alot for scanning me, its nice to know not everyone is trying to kill me ...the thing i dont get is why kwhit would lie
unvote hoops
vote kwhit
Old 08-02-2006, 11:26 AM   #607
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
hoops, the thing about being the leader of the religion so you are broke is a pretty solid theory, and thanks alot for scanning me, its nice to know not everyone is trying to kill me ...the thing i dont get is why kwhit would lie
unvote hoops
vote kwhit

will you shut the hell up, i already voted! that theory is stupid, and kwhit isnt lying....there is a better chance that alan or barkeep lied....maybe barkeep mindscaned alan instead of the hit man so that he would know what alan saw so Kwhit would get the same answer that way.

unvote kwhit
vote barkeep49
Old 08-02-2006, 11:29 AM   #608
hoopsguy
General Manager

The Pope has a pretty cool hat. Maybe he could move that, or his special car, to come up with 100 gold coins. But this religion doesn't even afford me cool props while I work.

And it is damn expensive preparing last rights for a series of Council members.

So yeah, I'm broke.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:32 AM   #609
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
will you shut the hell up, i already voted! that theory is stupid, and kwhit isnt lying....there is a better chance that alan or barkeep lied....maybe barkeep mindscaned alan instead of the hit man so that he would know what alan saw so Kwhit would get the same answer that way.

unvote kwhit
vote barkeep49

this is worse than listening to blade and schmidty, both of you are idiots...i'm voting for hoops and that is final.
unvote barkeep49
vote hoopsguy
Old 08-02-2006, 12:04 PM   #610
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I thought about this on the car ride into work today, trying to make some sense of these events.

1. Did anyone follow me last night, spy on me last night, or have any way to confirm my accounts for night activities? If so, they should have clearly seen me meet with Chief Rum. If they are able to detect magic, they should have been able to detect my casting of a spell to view Saldana.

2. The idea of bribery has been introduced into the game. In this case, I believe that the unnamed person attacking KWhit is the one that was bribed. The information KWhit holds is a result of knowledge passed by the Thug. This feels like some kind of "plant evidence" power - something that has been available in other WW games.

As I stated before, I do not have any kind of money in this game. I don't know if other offices have some form of currency but I certainly do not. So any story that suggests I paid a random guy to attack KWhit is categorically false.

I don't expect any of this to change votes today if someone is not willing to come forward and somehow vouch for me. I think we are very fortunate that up to this point we have not lost any of our members to a night attack, although I would argue that we are in fact losing me as a result of a Dimir night action if/when you euthanize me today.

Just catching up during my lunchbreak.

Hoops, you are lying on at least one point and busted in the above post. I'll let you figure out which part.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:09 PM   #611
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Just catching up during my lunchbreak.

Hoops, you are lying on at least one point and busted in the above post. I'll let you figure out which part.

I will try to pretend to be suprised here.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #612
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs, I can't figure it out. Lay it on me.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:17 PM   #613
KWhit
Coordinator

Damn! I am a bad ass!

Hoops, you lousy SOB. You're going down.

Vote Hoopsguy.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:17 PM   #614
saldana
Pro Starter

i believe i know which part
Old 08-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #615
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
i believe i know which part
no you dont, now shut up before more of them want to kill you
Old 08-02-2006, 12:21 PM   #616
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Swaggs, I can't figure it out. Lay it on me.

Out of that whole big post about your car ride home, you can't find one glaring item that could have possibly been debunked by someone else?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:23 PM   #617
Swaggs
Coordinator

KWhit, did you get any further info about this morning's encounter with the now deceased bounty hunter or do we just assume that you, or someone else, had a successful defense last night?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:23 PM   #618
hoopsguy
General Manager

It was actually my car ride into work, not home. Is that the part you are debunking? Because I would argue that is a reading comprehension issue.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:25 PM   #619
KWhit
Coordinator

Just to clarify what happened last night even though it's pretty obvious from Anxiety's main post...

I woke up to find a stranger in my room. I immediately attacked him with a special weapon I have that makes me very difficult to kill at night. The poor bastard didn't have a chance. I cast a spell on him that blasted him out the door...

And you saw the rest. There was no indication as to who he was or who sent him until I had Alan T and Barkeep do the mindscans that you saw.

Looks like Hoops picked the wrong guy to fuck with.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #620
saldana
Pro Starter

NO, i am not changing my vote back to barkeep!!
Old 08-02-2006, 12:31 PM   #621
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Folks, I just got word that Chubby will not be available for the day and probably into tonight, maybe even into tomorrow due to an important event that occured in his life.

Consider him to have an excused absense for today, and if it continues into tomorrow, I'll revisit the subject then.

Thanks for your understanding

-Anxiety

EDIT: I love being the only one here who can edit my posts for grammar!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-02-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:36 PM   #622
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Folks, I just got word that Chubby will not be available for the day and porbably into tonight, maybe even into tomorrow due to an important event that occured in his life.

Consider him to have an excused absense for today, and if it contineus into tomorrow, I'll revisit the subject then.

Thanks for your understanding

-Anxiety

No worries, just tell us if he is a good guy or bad guy and we'll handle it appropriately!
Old 08-02-2006, 12:49 PM   #623
Swaggs
Coordinator

Alright fellas, I'm out until about 7 PM EST.

Good luck.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:53 PM   #624
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs, you won't have me around to debate at that time - I'm going to Wrigley tonight to see the game. Obviously I was interested in hearing what you had to say
Old 08-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #625
st.cronin
General Manager

Vote Hoopsguy

I have no insight above what's already been said.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:28 PM   #626
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Just to clarify what happened last night even though it's pretty obvious from Anxiety's main post...

I woke up to find a stranger in my room. I immediately attacked him with a special weapon I have that makes me very difficult to kill at night. The poor bastard didn't have a chance. I cast a spell on him that blasted him out the door...

And you saw the rest. There was no indication as to who he was or who sent him until I had Alan T and Barkeep do the mindscans that you saw.

Looks like Hoops picked the wrong guy to fuck with.

Get any glimpse of the stranger at all? Also, he might not have been out to kill you, longshot I know but have to consider every possibility.

I assume that your public role as Praetor allowed you to have AlanT and Barkeep do the mindscanning.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #627
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
Get any glimpse of the stranger at all?

Nope. No additional info. It specifically said that he was pretty nondescript and didn't look to be part of any guild.

Quote:
I assume that your public role as Praetor allowed you to have AlanT and Barkeep do the mindscanning.

I suppose so. I don't have any specific powers to do so, though. The only power that I have in-game is my weapon that makes me difficult to kill.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:25 PM   #628
hoopsguy
General Manager

So I have one simple request for after I'm dead - please try to keep the game a little bit interesting to read

I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone scrambles tomorrow after this lynch goes down.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:27 PM   #629
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So I have one simple request for after I'm dead - please try to keep the game a little bit interesting to read

I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone scrambles tomorrow after this lynch goes down.

Giving up already? I was hoping for 20 questions
Old 08-02-2006, 03:29 PM   #630
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, fire away. I've got somewhere between 30-60 minutes.

I think a lot of people would have given up yesterday in my position ...
Old 08-02-2006, 03:31 PM   #631
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Alan, fire away. I've got somewhere between 30-60 minutes.

I think a lot of people would have given up yesterday in my position ...

Why did you try to kill me?
Old 08-02-2006, 03:36 PM   #632
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Why did you choose Fouts the first night, out of all of the choices?
Old 08-02-2006, 03:37 PM   #633
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pretty random selection, really. There wasn't anything that you had posted which made you more or less attractive than anyone else.

If I wanted to act like it was a little bit personal (it wasn't) I could say it is because you have been a tough one for me to shake with my BS stories the last couple of games
Old 08-02-2006, 03:39 PM   #634
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Another question I have, right now you seem to be doing all of the night activities, or at least it all ends up pointing back to you. Have you worked with any others or have they been doing their own thing?
Old 08-02-2006, 03:40 PM   #635
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, I didn't choose the kill on that night. I just went along with it.

In regards to kill selections, since both questions have been on this topic - I really try to avoid falling into patterns from game to game. As much as I've been a bad guy lately, I would expect that those of you who have played with me in this role before feel like you have some idea of my thought process. I certainly do talk about these decisions a lot with my fellow wolves. So there is a concerted effort to not fall into patterns.

Fouts/KWhit as Day 1/2 choices didn't seem to fit with patterns that had emerged. This early in the game, the choices are more about who not to go after as they are who to go after, if that makes sense.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:42 PM   #636
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, I'm not quite willing to sell out my co-conspirators by directly answering on the night activities. But I certainly have had a bad habit of getting caught with my hand in the cookie jar, metaphorically speaking.

When the game ends, I'm going to be very interested in hearing why we went 0-2 on kill attempts. Just really bad luck, or was it that frigging hard to kill someone in this ruleset?
Old 08-02-2006, 03:50 PM   #637
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, I'm not quite willing to sell out my co-conspirators by directly answering on the night activities. But I certainly have had a bad habit of getting caught with my hand in the cookie jar, metaphorically speaking.

When the game ends, I'm going to be very interested in hearing why we went 0-2 on kill attempts. Just really bad luck, or was it that frigging hard to kill someone in this ruleset?

Sounds to me part bad luck and part who you chose. If say out of 13 players (or however many there are) 3 are tough or impossible night kills... you seemed to have gotten a few early on.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:58 PM   #638
hoopsguy
General Manager

For what it is worth, I explicitly told my partners to stay away from me yesterday. I knew from the PM that I received that I was going to be in a lot of trouble.

There was a late rally of votes to help save me - so the question is:

Did they listen to me or not?

How much value was there for the bad guys in having me around for one more night? Versus the punishment for having a vote in the wrong place?

I absolutely know what I would have done if I were a bad guy and one of my teammates was stuck like that. Getting into the circle of trust is paramount, and in a game without defined roles like this one it is not impossible to do this. There is a ton of flexibility to craft a good story - but it helps if you are associated with catching a bad guy.

So, why am I bothering to post this here? Am I trying to protect them because they did vote for Fouts and Blade? Or do I have some other motivation? Well, mainly because I think this is the really interesting question for you guys to deal with tomorrow, assuming that you don't have a bad guy handed to you on a silver platter again tonight.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:00 PM   #639
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - and I'm more likely to be amused reading along tomorrow if you are discussing topics I think are interesting
Old 08-02-2006, 04:04 PM   #640
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For what it is worth, I explicitly told my partners to stay away from me yesterday. I knew from the PM that I received that I was going to be in a lot of trouble.

How much value was there for the bad guys in having me around for one more night? Versus the punishment for having a vote in the wrong place?

I absolutely know what I would have done if I were a bad guy and one of my teammates was stuck like that. Getting into the circle of trust is paramount, and in a game without defined roles like this one it is not impossible to do this. There is a ton of flexibility to craft a good story - but it helps if you are associated with catching a bad guy.

So, why am I bothering to post this here? Am I trying to protect them because they did vote for Fouts and Blade? Or do I have some other motivation? Well, mainly because I think this is the really interesting question for you guys to deal with tomorrow, assuming that you don't have a bad guy handed to you on a silver platter again tonight.

Well one thing that you wern't aware of is there is already a tight circle of trust formed among a couple of good guys. I agree those are interesting questions, and I definitly have been looking at the past few days votes.. but I have a feeling in a couple of days it will hopefully not be as important with the information we are finding out.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm taking everything you say with a grain of salt.. just this is better than the whole day sliding by with nothing happening

So hoops, which good guys are you the most afraid of thwarting the bad guys as of this moment?
Old 08-02-2006, 04:12 PM   #641
hoopsguy
General Manager

I guess it depends on what you mean by "thwart" - hinder us through use of powers or just good WW play?

We feel like we have collected quite a bit of information over the last few days in terms of player roles, both through direct confrontation and through indirect measures (posts on the board).

As far as I can tell, neither of the night kills were stopped by a bodyguard inserting himelf between us or a seer spotting us. So going by conventional WW metrics, we were doing a decent job. The results didn't work out that way at all, but that is crying over spilt milk.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #642
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

Actually I kind of addressed these questions yesterday when I stated that I think no real information is given about late vote switchers.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:15 PM   #643
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, why have you played such a quiet game this time around?
Old 08-02-2006, 04:26 PM   #644
hoopsguy
General Manager

And yet another relatively tame Q&A session. I doubt I will do this again - I had expected it to be more interesting the first time around and it fell flat.

Best case scenario - I'm not a bad guy for a few games and when I am I'm not caught red-handed on my first night in the role by two people in back-to-back games. That is not much fun.

Anxiety, thanks for a fun game and looking forward to reading along.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #645
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And yet another relatively tame Q&A session. I doubt I will do this again - I had expected it to be more interesting the first time around and it fell flat.

Best case scenario - I'm not a bad guy for a few games and when I am I'm not caught red-handed on my first night in the role by two people in back-to-back games. That is not much fun.

Anxiety, thanks for a fun game and looking forward to reading along.

Sorry, I tried! Just can't think of things to ask you that you would answer

I mean I could ask.. who are your fellow bad guys but...
Old 08-02-2006, 04:54 PM   #646
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Barkeep, why have you played such a quiet game this time around?
Because I have nothing to say. When I have nothing to say I say nothing. I find it a useful thing.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:55 PM   #647
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA -- I should add that normally I have a lot to say so I say a lot. And depsite not having anything to say, I believe, I'm still in the top half of players in terms of posts despite working a whole lot during this game and thus hovering far less in the thread than normal.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:50 PM   #648
saldana
Pro Starter

too bad he is gone, i had a question for him
Old 08-02-2006, 05:51 PM   #649
saldana
Pro Starter

so did i
Old 08-02-2006, 05:54 PM   #650
Schmidty
Coordinator

Just got hom from work/errends and I'm glad to see that there's an obvious choice for the lynch:

Vote hoopsguy
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote