Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-31-2006, 03:45 AM   #901
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Geez. Blade was good, and I'm not sure I understand the swing to him. path pointed out the discrepancy between AlanT's statement and saldana's. Do we really need to look further?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:17 AM   #902
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, I must leave again for the day for work (I will be back shortly before deadline), so I will place a vote for now. I may change it when I com back, but right now he seems the best candidate.

VOTE SALDANA

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:55 AM   #903
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Since blade was good, certaintly I wouldn't have been allowed into GE room with his guards there if I was bad would I?

Yes I know I voted for Blade, but only because I had the assumption that the Space Marines guarding GE could not be Blades as commander of the Imperial Guard.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:35 AM   #904
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
I meant that it was possible that Blade was right in that Sal was bad. (mutants and chaos are both bad to the Imperials)

It could also mean that, if scanned, Sal could be viewed as 'For the Emperor'.

Hope that makes a little more sense...

I thought before that maybe this was the case going on that one group was a mutant and one group good. Although.. it is still a hunch but, the above case could explain alot more.

And, if it is the case, I would have to vote Sal tomorrow as it stands.

Ok, I understood you that time. The first post had too many pronouns and I got lost.

It is very possible that Sal is a mutant. He may very well show up as "for the emperor" that way. The thing that worries me though is that Blade voted for Sal only because Sal voted for him. This wasn't a case of Blade trying to deflect scrutiny back on the guy that voted for him, this was a case of Blade knowing he was good and anyone that votes for him must be bad. Sal may have made a bad vote and got caught up in the emotion...or he may be bad. I'm pretty torn at this point.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:43 AM   #905
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo
Since blade was good, certaintly I wouldn't have been allowed into GE room with his guards there if I was bad would I?

Yes I know I voted for Blade, but only because I had the assumption that the Space Marines guarding GE could not be Blades as commander of the Imperial Guard.

I'm still on the fence with that one. I believe you are on the same team as GE or the bodyguard would have stopped you. I don't think you were on a mission to kill/convert him. I'm just not sure if a good bodyguard would let you through if you were bad and trying to talk to another bad guy. I could see that one going either way...
Old 08-31-2006, 08:43 AM   #906
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Look guys, I can't tell you what happened with the discrepencies between Saldana and Blade. I honestly don't know what happened there, but it was unfortunate for us that it did.

You really need to listen to me, do NOT lynch Saldana. We have a Circle of trust starting, and just because you are not in it, does not mean it does not exist.

Its a Circle of trust of people loyal to the emperor 100%. There currently are 3 people in the circle of trust, with whoever it was added last night will be speaking up today. Just because we were unlucky with what happened with Blade is no excuse to start killing off the only CoT that we have going.

We can win this game, but we can't if we kill off people who are known loyal to the emperor. Just give it some time, I bet someone new will speak up backing Saldana today pretty strongly. Just be patient.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:49 AM   #907
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Just be patient.

If I don't end up dead this morning, I will have some information to share.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:52 AM   #908
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

You awake once more and all duly tridge into the council chamber, with a heavier heart than the previous two days. However it is apparent that one of you is missing from the previous day, and not just Blade. A quick roll call finds SirFozzie, one of the Inquisitors, absent. A quick search of his room finds nothing, but then one of the Council servants rushes up to the members and stammers that he found an unspeakable sight in one of the corridors. There, SirFozzie's body is sprawled on the floor, sliced open by innumerable cuts and slashes. Today does not seem like a good day already.

Day 3 deadline is 9PM EST
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:56 AM   #909
Fouts
College Starter

Cuts and slashes huh? Hmmmm.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:58 AM   #910
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

So we've got our first Chaos kill (I'm assuming), and we are down three people. Strange that there was no mention of his mutant/non-mutant status. Do we assume that no indication means non-mutant, or do we not get to know after Chaos kills?
Old 08-31-2006, 09:00 AM   #911
Swaggs
Coordinator

RIP Foz.

I am taking off until after 5, so won't be around a whole lot until this evening. I may have something to add tonight, depending on what all we learn today. I am hoping some folks figured out some leads last night that will help piece things together.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:01 AM   #912
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
So we've got our first Chaos kill (I'm assuming), and we are down three people. Strange that there was no mention of his mutant/non-mutant status. Do we assume that no indication means non-mutant, or do we not get to know after Chaos kills?

I would think that once tangle updates post #1, it will say whether or not he was a human or mutant. I'm guessing human by the lack of mention, though.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:04 AM   #913
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I would think that once tangle updates post #1, it will say whether or not he was a human or mutant. I'm guessing human by the lack of mention, though.

SirFozzie was a loyal human.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:23 AM   #914
twothree
College Prospect

It may be stupid to reveal my role, but I think I have given enough hints for most people to figure it out.

I have been able to calibrate the Astronomican to not only search for chaos in the warp, but to also search for signs of chaos and mutations among our council. Once a night, I am able to scan somebody. And, in the morning I will learn if they are normal or abnormal.

On the first night, I chose Blade. His actions on the first day made be suspicious. The Astronomican registered that he was normal. I would have kept that information to myself. However, once Blade became a target I chose to reveal him as normal. I knew I would not be around when the vote took place, so I sided with Blade and voted for Saldana.

Tonight, based upon looking over who has been staying in the background. I trained my Astronomican on Anxiety. It came back with a reading of abnormal. Anxiety is not normal. I don't know anything about anyone else.

vote Anxiety

I will be here all day and definitely during the last hour or two before the vote. If Anxiety is executed tonight and is shown to not be normal, hopefully that will back up everything I have said so far.

My ability is now in the hands of the council. Besides voting for someone to execute, if you wish you may vote on someone you wish for me to examine with the Astronomican during the night action. I will follow the wishes of the council and will examine whom ever receives the most votes. Either Fouts will break the tie if he so chooses or if he does not I will.

Since I don't want to confuse the two votes. Please type

scan name

subsituting a name of a coucil member for 'name'.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:25 AM   #915
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

vote anxiety
Old 08-31-2006, 09:30 AM   #916
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Geez. Blade was good, and I'm not sure I understand the swing to him. path pointed out the discrepancy between AlanT's statement and saldana's. Do we really need to look further?

I think we do.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:39 AM   #917
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

The whole twothree story makes little sense to me. Why is he revealing himself as a seer? Do we know if Anxiety is a mutant or chaos. Perhaps twothree is trying to trick is to killing off a mutant. It just does not make any sense. If he is human, he will be dead in the morning (twothree that is).

We need to really look hard into the Alan T/sadlana situation. I said yesterday that their stories just do not add up. But there is no reason for us to assume that they are chaos. In fact, my opinion is that they may be mutants, but I do not think they are chaos.

I think we need to go with a whole different direction with our voting. I am not sure if Anxiety is the one, but I am willing to consider it. I also want to bring up the name Fouts. His actions have been mighty suspicious so far.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:40 AM   #918
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I was assuming that twothree would be able to scan for Chaos, so I'm willing to believe him. I don't know if the scan would also help to find mutants, but killing either is obviously better than killing a loyal human.

Vote Anxiety
Old 08-31-2006, 09:45 AM   #919
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
The whole twothree story makes little sense to me. Why is he revealing himself as a seer? Do we know if Anxiety is a mutant or chaos. Perhaps twothree is trying to trick is to killing off a mutant. It just does not make any sense. If he is human, he will be dead in the morning (twothree that is).

I am revealing, because every turn I feel I will be dead in the morning. I want to make sure I have given everyone all the information that I know. So that the better village players can use that information to their advantage.

I am unable to tell if a player is chaos or a mutant. I can only tell if they are abnormal.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:46 AM   #920
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Well, twothree, I guess I need to role reveal now

Because of my super-psyker abilities, I am a soothsayer, or whatever that role is usually called. (It was called soothsayer in my only other game that used it). I can analyze any statement made and check it against whatthe person beleives.

Yesterday, I asked Blade to verify in a post whether he was chaos or a mutant. He said that he was not. I then asked tangle to use that as my Psyker ability and he agreed. It came back that Blade beleived his statement.

Unfortunately, due to a headache and my severe training schedule this week, I feel asleep last night without being able to save Blade and I didn;t awaken until a little after four this morning.

I beleive I scanned as abnormal because of my psyker status. My limited understanding of this universe and my role info seems to indicate that humans with psyker abilities (which I am the head psyker) have an altered status. I believe that is what you sensed.

However, I wouldn't blame you for thinking otherwise. I have nobody to confirm my role, since I am only the soothsayer, and I can't use my ability again for three days.

-Anxiety

Old 08-31-2006, 09:47 AM   #921
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

We need to really look hard into the Alan T/sadlana situation. I said yesterday that their stories just do not add up. But there is no reason for us to assume that they are chaos. In fact, my opinion is that they may be mutants, but I do not think they are chaos.

I think we need to go with a whole different direction with our voting. I am not sure if Anxiety is the one, but I am willing to consider it. I also want to bring up the name Fouts. His actions have been mighty suspicious so far.

You may be right that Saldana/Alan are mutants, and if they are, we'll deal with them in time. Having a fairly strong indication that Anxiety (who has been pretty quiet) is Chaos is good enough for me. I would guess that twothree is trying to halt this destructive path we've been on by finally giving us a Chaos kill. He knows that he will probably be killed tonight, but if he isn't and Anxiety turns out to be a loyal human, we'll kill twothree tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:53 AM   #922
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anxiety (who has been pretty quiet)

I'm usually quiet in the first few days of any game I'm in, that's standard operating procedure - see the last game or the pharoah game for evidence. In the last game I kept still, and then came in with observations that were dead on target unlike many others who talked too much. I prefer to watch, make observations, and then come in around Day Three with ideas. I think a lot of people commit too early to silly hypothticals and then are slaves to these random ideas.

Add to my normal SOP that Day One was Date Night for the Abe and this week is uber-training week for me, and you can quickly see that my normal SOP migt be a bit quiter. And I was still involved yesterday during the one time when I had a few moments with Blade and Alan T and such.

If you are going to vote for me based on what twothree said, I can accept that, although I think his scan is off, if he has a scan at all. But don;t do it because you think I'm quiet and that's unusual or not helpful.

-Anxiety

Old 08-31-2006, 09:54 AM   #923
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
I beleive I scanned as abnormal because of my psyker status. My limited understanding of this universe and my role info seems to indicate that humans with psyker abilities (which I am the head psyker) have an altered status. I believe that is what you sensed.

You may be correct. I only can tell if someone is normal or abnormal. That is what my Astronomican could have picked up, but doesn't that make you a mutant?
Old 08-31-2006, 09:56 AM   #924
saldana
Pro Starter

i realize i am not very popular right now, rightfully so, but i have every reason to believe that twothree is telling the truth

vote anxiety
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:58 AM   #925
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree
You may be correct. I only can tell if someone is normal or abnormal. That is what my Astronomican could have picked up, but doesn't that make you a mutant?

Bsed on the information that I read in my pm about psykers, they are rare altered humans but not mutations. We are distrusted, obviously, but highly trained for diplomacy, theft, infiltration, information gathering, and so forth.

I would assume based on my information that you could have a human psyker, a mutant psyker or a chaos psyker. All would be different than the normal blunt human by virtue of their teep ability.

Old 08-31-2006, 09:59 AM   #926
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm usually quiet in the first few days of any game I'm in, that's standard operating procedure - see the last game or the pharoah game for evidence. In the last game I kept still, and then came in with observations that were dead on target unlike many others who talked too much. I prefer to watch, make observations, and then come in around Day Three with ideas. I think a lot of people commit too early to silly hypothticals and then are slaves to these random ideas.

Add to my normal SOP that Day One was Date Night for the Abe and this week is uber-training week for me, and you can quickly see that my normal SOP migt be a bit quiter. And I was still involved yesterday during the one time when I had a few moments with Blade and Alan T and such.

If you are going to vote for me based on what twothree said, I can accept that, although I think his scan is off, if he has a scan at all. But don;t do it because you think I'm quiet and that's unusual or not helpful.

-Anxiety

Fair enough. I haven't played one of these in quite a while (nor have I read any of the others), so I am going completely by what I see in this game. Quietness can be an attempt to hide, or an attempt to get swept up in emotion. The scan is worrisome though...
Old 08-31-2006, 10:13 AM   #927
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I gotta leave - I have another training session at 11:30 (the first was at 8 this morning!). I probably won't be back for a while.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:18 AM   #928
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

So, what do we talk about the rest of the day?
Old 08-31-2006, 10:21 AM   #929
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

My earlier post is still something to watch for. I'm 90% sure someone new will come and vouch for Saldana and myself today.

We can try to narrow down what seems to be obvious groups of trust/distrust as well.

We can try to figure out who is staying low hiding behind the riot that happened yesterday.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:29 AM   #930
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:

You could also discuss who you would like me to scan tonight.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:31 AM   #931
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
My earlier post is still something to watch for. I'm 90% sure someone new will come and vouch for Saldana and myself today.

We can try to narrow down what seems to be obvious groups of trust/distrust as well.

We can try to figure out who is staying low hiding behind the riot that happened yesterday.

I don't have any special knowledge, but I am leaning toward trusting you two. I still think the Blade/Saldana rift was started due to incomplete information, so I don't know that we can draw too many conclusions from that. It also seems like you would have to be really dumb to come out in such strong support of Saldana if you were both Chaos. I'm not convinced that you and Saldana are clean, but it may be worthwhile to expand the scrutiny a bit.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:33 AM   #932
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Why? You will be dead before you can scan someone else. This whole twothree thing just does not add up. I have another theroy that I will reveal during my lunch break.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:33 AM   #933
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You could also discuss who you would like me to scan tonight.

We could, but are you going to be around to make the scan? :P
Old 08-31-2006, 10:38 AM   #934
path12
Coordinator

Alan visited me last night. I believe he now realizes I am completely loyal to the Emperor.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:39 AM   #935
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

We've got the cell. But that could also prevent him from scanning.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:44 AM   #936
path12
Coordinator

Since twothree is one of the very few players I have any sort of trust level for in this game, for now I'm willing to:

VOTE ANXIETY
Old 08-31-2006, 10:49 AM   #937
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:

True. I guess I shouldn't go to sleep tonight.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:50 AM   #938
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12

I think you should put me in there with St.cronin
Old 08-31-2006, 10:54 AM   #939
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
True. I guess I shouldn't go to sleep tonight.

You know what would be really helpful right now? A bodyguard.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:54 AM   #940
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12

I figured it probably would prevent any interection between those inside it and those outside it. I guess I might try that out tonight, if no one votes for me to scan anyone. Just to see if it will work.

I have to go to the Astronomican to scan someone. I don't physically have to get near anyone to scan them.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:00 AM   #941
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I figured it probably would prevent any interection between those inside it and those outside it. I guess I might try that out tonight, if no one votes for me to scan anyone. Just to see if it will work.

I have to go to the Astronomican to scan someone. I don't physically have to get near anyone to scan them.

You were the person I originally planned to put in the cell with cronin night 1, but was informed that you had to be near the Astronomican to use it, so revised my orders.

You might die tonight, but if you got us a Chaos you've done your job.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:04 AM   #942
path12
Coordinator

GE, do you have to be in proximity to smell or whatever it is you do?
Old 08-31-2006, 11:05 AM   #943
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Further fuel for the Saldana/AlanT debate...Anxiety voted for Saldana yesterday, and his vote was there while those of us that voted for Grey could have easily switched to Saldana to break the tie. If we do lynch Anxiety tonight, I think we can be pretty sure that Anxiety and Saldana are not on the same team.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:05 AM   #944
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Why? You will be dead before you can scan someone else. This whole twothree thing just does not add up. I have another theroy that I will reveal during my lunch break.

Can't wait to read it. I have been doing what-if scenarios myself. Like what if you don't know if you are a mutant or chaos. Or, what if my ability can be trumpt by another ability giving me inaccurate information. Or, what if I hadn't said anything to begin the day, but waited to see what other information came to light first. I should have probably waited on the reveal. Guess I was too eager as a new werewolf player.

I do find it rather interesting, that so far it seems that everyone's role description from the initial write up has been fairly accurate.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:07 AM   #945
twothree
College Prospect

dola

er, trumpt = trumped
Old 08-31-2006, 11:09 AM   #946
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Path, I still like my idea for who should go in the cell tonight.

Just my opinion though, whatever its worth.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:09 AM   #947
kingfc22
Head Coach

Vote Anxiety

I have no reason to doubt twothree right now. After sleeping on it, I believe that Alan T is telling the truth about wanting people to be loyal to the Emperor. This would make saldana likely good as well unless he has a cunning characteristic to his role.

Making my current circle of trust:
St. Cronin
Alan T

Almost there:
Saldana
Old 08-31-2006, 11:14 AM   #948
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

twothree, people I would consider you should scan tonight would be:

kingfc22
greyroofoo
goldeneagle
bulletsponge
chiefrum
mustang
briand
swaggs

Sorry its a long list, I'm still a bit lost.. but I would choose one of those people to scan tonight.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:16 AM   #949
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Further fuel for the Saldana/AlanT debate...Anxiety voted for Saldana yesterday, and his vote was there while those of us that voted for Grey could have easily switched to Saldana to break the tie. If we do lynch Anxiety tonight, I think we can be pretty sure that Anxiety and Saldana are not on the same team.

I'm not sure where I stand on those two (Alan/Saldana) right now. As I mentioned last night, when I left my office I was almost positive they were bad. Reading along later I started to waver just because of how they seemed so certain about it and were putting their necks so far out on the line.

And now Alan has visited me and was rather insistent in determining my faith in the Emperor. I did not get any info in my PM that would tell me one way or another if he was bad, but the fact that we sparred about the lynch last night and having him decide to visit me strikes me as someone who is trying to figure out what's going on here rather than pulling the strings.

Then again, this game just makes you silly with the speculation.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:16 AM   #950
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
twothree, people I would consider you should scan tonight would be:

kingfc22
greyroofoo
goldeneagle
bulletsponge
chiefrum
mustang
briand
swaggs

Sorry its a long list, I'm still a bit lost.. but I would choose one of those people to scan tonight.

Dola, you might want to scan greyroofoo out of these. Not sure what he was up to when he visited Goldeneagle, but if we are to assume you are the seer, Saldana was the witness, Blade was the bodyguard, Bullet is the assassin... well we are running out of roles that would have him out at night.