Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #151
Zinto
College Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I think the key is at least having enough votes spread out that you have one on the block late in the day. Sure you probably aren't going to win that battle on day 1, but the voting history and who moves when and where is absolutely invaluable down the road.

Which is the only reason it drives me nuts when we have a couple of candidates on day 1 and everyone jumps all over them because they are overanalyzing things. But we seem to be doing a really nice job of avoiding that this time.


The only thing I would say is that having the vote to far spread out will end in there being a few throw away votes that do nothing for the analysis down the line. It is the toughest thing to get a sense of what someone was thinking if they have their vote on someone who was never a real candidate.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #152
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
I think three candidates is usually a good number for day 1. Its early now though, so dont need to worry about condensing yet.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #153
Racer
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Louisville, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Why Danny, Lathum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Vote Racer

Why me?
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #154
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Why Danny, Lathum?

Figure since I unvoted someone from california I may as well replace it with another vote fort a calafornia guy
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #155
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Why me?

Mainly because you were on, so I could see how you reacted.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Heinz has always been, and will always be a magnificent liar.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #156
Narcizo
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Villager checking in.

I think I might have to go read through the Chess thread to see why Narc can't let it go.

It won't do justice to it because most of the action was going on in PMs. Everyone had a PM partner and my was Heinz who was also a wolf. To be honest I managed to do my own head in, Heinz didn't really need to do much. The annoying thing is that there were loads of clues that he was a wolf and some times I saw them but then my over-active mind jumped to something else.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:08 PM   #157
Narcizo
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I think three candidates is usually a good number for day 1. Its early now though, so dont need to worry about condensing yet.

Three or four is a good number, I think it's beneficial to avoid a two-horse race as well, although things normally boil down to that in the end.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #158
Narcizo
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
It is the toughest thing to get a sense of what someone was thinking if they have their vote on someone who was never a real candidate.

Which is why people should go a reason for voting. Regarding Lathum I feel that lots of games of playing crazy-arse villagers has meant that he's avoided votes a lot and he's a dangerous wolf to let slide through games as he proved last time round.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #159
Narcizo
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Yeah, I think it really depends, but personally I move much more around deadlines as a villager. As a wolf, especially early in the game, it's not worth it to risk saving your buddy for a day and likely link the two of you together. Especially when there is a seer out there who can scan said buddy.

Last few games (at least) we seem to be getting to the stage where it's viewed more suspicious to vote a wolf than anything else in the first couple of days. Which I still think is taking things too far.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #160
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Day 1 Voting (as of Post 121):

EagleFan 2: Barkeep49 (75), hoopsguy (97)
Chubby 2: Autumn (106), bhlloy (117)
jeheinz72 1: Lathum (67)
Danny 1: ntndeacon (80)
Lathum 1: Narcizo (90)
ntndeacon 1: mckerney (94)
*Autumn 0: EagleFan (72)

* - Autumn has -1 to his D1 voting for winning the game-naming contest.

His vote is -1 for winning the naming contest, cool.


Edit: neverrmind, was thinking he gained an extra vote for winning, guess I should read a little better.
__________________
Inconceivable covfefe

Last edited by EagleFan : 08-09-2011 at 01:31 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #161
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Figure since I unvoted someone from california I may as well replace it with another vote fort a calafornia guy

He's jealous of our weather.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:23 PM   #162
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
I should vote Autumn just to eliminate that freebie.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #163
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Is ntndeacon really being that talkative though? As someone who rarely plays, I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary with him.

He probably has more post in day one in this game than he has in a week in some games.
__________________
Inconceivable covfefe
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:29 PM   #164
Racer
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Louisville, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I should vote Autumn just to eliminate that freebie.

Does the freebie last just today or until the first day he ends with one or more votes (i.e. he'll start at negative one each day if no one has previously ended the day with their vote on him)?
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #165
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
unvote Autumn

vote Chubby


Early self defense move.
__________________
Inconceivable covfefe
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #166
JAG
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: St. Paul, MN
Day 1 Voting (as of Post 164):

Chubby 3: Autumn (106), bhlloy (117), EagleFan (164)
EagleFan 2: Barkeep49 (75), hoopsguy (97)
Danny 2: ntndeacon (80), Lathum (126)
Lathum 1: Narcizo (90)
ntndeacon 1: mckerney (94)
Racer 1: jeheinz72 (150)
Zinto 1: MrBug708 (134)
Thomkal 1: Racer (147)
*Autumn -1:

* - Autumn has -1 to his D1 voting for winning the game-naming contest.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #167
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
He's jealous of our weather.

Heh, yeah though I moved to Fresno, so I don't know if I'd be jealous of my weather anymore!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Heinz has always been, and will always be a magnificent liar.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #168
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
unvote Autumn

vote Chubby


Early self defense move.

Hmmm, this seems a bit early
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #169
Narcizo
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
unvote Autumn

vote Chubby


Early self defense move.

Odd. If you push Chubby as the leader with you in second place won't that just mean he votes you when he turns up. And a little bit early to talk about self-defence moves - even if it's an early self-defence vote.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #170
Narcizo
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Dun-dun-durrrr! Everyone looks at Autumn shiftily.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #171
Zinto
College Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Hmm I think I am going to vote Lathum. I don't have a particular reason other then I want to put a second vote on someone and I have never played with Racer so I am not voting for him and NTN does not deserve to be punished for actually posting.

Vote Lathum
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #172
bhlloy
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
That's a very odd move EF, but I don't think there is a chance in hell you make that move as a wolf. Way way too early on D1 to get defensive though.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #173
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
I dont feel like EF's move gives me a feeling about him either way. I dont think voting to protect himself early on day one, a day where bandwagons are likely, is a tell about his allegiance either way.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #174
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
Way to make me look bad, EF.

unvote chubby
vote eaglefan


hah
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #175
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
So looking back over the roles I find I don't want to speculate much on the villager roles, as it seems it would only help the wolves. Loki is the only bad guy we're sure of, and it seems clear he'll be a cunning wolf. I would guess we have the Serpent in the game most certainly, and Fenrir. I would bet on Hel as well, and that there will be all sorts of extra wrinkles involving Valhalla, Hel, and those who die in this game. We'll better know tonight how that might work.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #176
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
unvote Autumn

vote Chubby

Early self defense move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Hmmm, this seems a bit early

It also seems quite defensive!
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #177
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
It also seems quite defensive!

I ROFL'd
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Heinz has always been, and will always be a magnificent liar.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #178
Telle
College Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Buffalo, NY
Finally checking in.

vote Autumn

Not like anyone's going to believe him when he claims to be a villager anyways
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #179
Narcizo
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I guess we should be trying to track what happens with the items but at the moment I don't think there's anything to be gained by anyone saying publically who's got what and who's passing it on to whom and all that malarkey - but it might be useful to create a paper trail to follow on later in the game. Or it might not be. Who knows?
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #180
Narcizo
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Looks like my candidate has two votes which is all I can ask for at this stage so I'll be a-leaving my vote where it is.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #181
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
I'm ok with being lynched, I am just a vanilla villager so no greatr loss.

Of course, I could also be the brutal wolf, at which point I would take Zinto with me, so unless you want to take thaty risk Zinto I suggest unvoting me.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #182
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
With Autumn at -1 already I question the logic in voting for him when that is combined with the fact that we seem to already have plenty of other candidates that are more likely to be lynched today. Seems very much a throwaway vote IMO.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #183
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I'm ok with being lynched

This can't be true. I've never known Lathum to be OK with being lynched.

Quote:
Of course, I could also be the brutal wolf, at which point I would take Zinto with me, so unless you want to take thaty risk Zinto I suggest unvoting me.

There we go. Much more like Lathum.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #184
Telle
College Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Buffalo, NY
And the grand majority of the other votes aren't throwaway votes?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #185
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
And the grand majority of the other votes aren't throwaway votes?

The grand majority of votes atleast gave someone a vote. Autumn still has no votes
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #186
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Not to the degree that yours is. And many were not throwaway votes when they were made. Yours just put Autumn down to 0 votes. It really was not a good vote.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #187
Telle
College Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Buffalo, NY
So what? Nobody else got bitched at for voting for Autumn earlier. And I'm pretty sure I didn't write my vote in stone either.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #188
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I think a vote on one of the returning players is probably more of a throwaway vote than a vote on Autumn day1. At least there is some chance that there is traction on getting Autumn lynched, while I can't imagine most people will lynch players that play once every few months (or longer) on day1.

Also, didn't you say something about wanting to vote autumn earlier today Danny? (Yes, I realise you were probably not going to actually do it, but still.)
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #189
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I think a vote on one of the returning players is probably more of a throwaway vote than a vote on Autumn day1. At least there is some chance that there is traction on getting Autumn lynched, while I can't imagine most people will lynch players that play once every few months (or longer) on day1.

Also, didn't you say something about wanting to vote autumn earlier today Danny? (Yes, I realise you were probably not going to actually do it, but still.)

It;s a later in the day now and we should be concentrating votes, not bringing in a new candidate who is going to be a throw away. There were some other throw away votes, but they were early and primarily done as a joke.

I was joking about voting Autumn. I'd almost never vote Autumn day 1. He is one of the most active players and a strong villager. If I am going to make a random vote (which day 1 is usually), it wouldn't be for someone like that.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #190
Narcizo
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gah! Isn't about this stage that a villager says something vaguely ill-advised (Paging DV or mau) and everyone piles on to them until everyone else piles onto the player with the next most votes? Let's get some action going here.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #191
Telle
College Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Gah! Isn't about this stage that a villager says something vaguely ill-advised (Paging DV or mau) and everyone piles on to them until everyone else piles onto the player with the next most votes? Let's get some action going here.

Well according to my notes, Darth Vilus hasn't checked in yet... so maybe that's just yet to come.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #192
Racer
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Louisville, KY
It seems like a lot of people haven't voted or even checked in yet.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #193
Narcizo
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
"Song of Ice and Fire" series right

I've just read the first book and this Martin bloke - he has an interest in English history right? I know next to nothing about him but the situation is really a Richard III apologists version of the end of the War of Roses (to a certain extent). Obviously don't want to spoilerise but King Robert IS Edward IV. Eddard Stark is the Richard III apologists Richard III and the Queen = Elisabeth Woodard. And other stuff that's spoilery.

Just had to get that out of my system. Carry on as you were.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #194
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Gah! Isn't about this stage that a villager says something vaguely ill-advised (Paging DV or mau) and everyone piles on to them until everyone else piles onto the player with the next most votes? Let's get some action going here.

Or DaddyTorgo, is he playing?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #195
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Syracuse, NY
home from work

random.org picked Telle to be my 1st vote but the run on me was suspicious. I don't put any stock in autumn's vote as it was the 1st one.

Who I'd like to vote for has no votes yet they are pinging me, unless someone else votes them I won't go there since I agree consolidating votes is the best bet.

For now:
Vote Lathum

nowhere set in stone but trying to consolidate the vote
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #196
Narcizo
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
but the run on me was suspicious. I don't put any stock in autumn's vote as it was the 1st one.

Who I'd like to vote for has no votes yet they are pinging me, unless someone else votes them I won't go there since I agree consolidating votes is the best bet.

For now:
Vote Lathum

Bah! Way to disprove my argument about EagleFan.

How is the "run" on you suspicious at this stage?
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #197
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Syracuse, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Bah! Way to disprove my argument about EagleFan.

How is the "run" on you suspicious at this stage?

I just always feel ganged up on because I work during the day and can't get on (i used to be able to get on during lunch break but that's not possible) so i'm sure it's me just being paranoid but I feel like I always get targetted day 1 /shrug
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #198
Narcizo
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Or DaddyTorgo, is he playing?

St. Cronin was the worst for me. It probably didn't help that the first five games I played with him he was a wolf but always after that I got the strongest wolfy vibes off of him. In fact he was partially responsible for the Chess farago because that was the first game I played where he was a villager but it just didn't compute because he had to be a wolf.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #199
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Syracuse, NY
oh and, i am by no means saying I am not looking at EF. I just don't think it's where I want my vote right now as I'm not trying to lead a runaway since it could have really been a defensive move and not a wolfy move.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #200
Racer
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Louisville, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Looks like my candidate has two votes which is all I can ask for at this stage so I'll be a-leaving my vote where it is.

Why be set in stone already for the first day? Just curious. As the only person currently on Thomkal, I will be moving my vote at some point.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 AM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.