Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #101
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
What exactly did Indy do though?

Pressured the edges. Made Manning look uncomfortable. Exposed some weakness.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #102
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
wow, great pick by Cromartie but extremely classless.

At some point you gotta let the offense just body slam a dude like that.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #103
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
also I would love to actually be able to watch this game...Bengals embarrassing the Jets... as if being the Jets wasn't embarrassing enough

It was a pleasure to behold. Marvin Jones might be the number 2 we've been looking for. 4 TD's, Goodness.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #104
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Pressured the edges. Made Manning look uncomfortable. Exposed some weakness.

They did it with the oline missing two regulars and a really strange gameplan from Denver. I think the Chiefs will do better. Not good enough, but better.

Officials continue to miss player safety calls time and time again. Woodyard should have had a oenalty there. Holliday got his head twisted off earlier with no call. No excuse for missing those types of calls.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #105
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
At some point you gotta let the offense just body slam a dude like that.

Agreed. Another spot where college has it right. Taunt on your way to the end zone, lose the td.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #106
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Agreed. Another spot where college has it right. Taunt on your way to the end zone, lose the td.

Amen. Thought it was totally classless. You could tell Elway felt the same way. Bet the GM gives him a little talking to.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #107
Thomkal
Head Coach

Dear Roger Goodell,

Can you please move my beloved Cardinals to the NFC South for the rest of the season please?

Cards 0-3 in the NFC West, 3-0 against the NFC South and dominated CAR and ATL.

Tip of the hat to Larry Fitzgerald on his 800th reception and the record he set when he got it-youngest to that landmark.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #108
StLee
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Dear Roger Goodell,

Can you please move my beloved Cardinals to the NFC South for the rest of the season please?

Cards 0-3 in the NFC West, 3-0 against the NFC South and dominated CAR and ATL.

Tip of the hat to Larry Fitzgerald on his 800th reception and the record he set when he got it-youngest to that landmark.

Week 3: New Orleans 31, Arizona 7. So the Cardinals are 3-1 against the NFCS, but the Saints appreciate their help!

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #109
Jas_lov
College Starter

So many people just want to hand Peyton the MVP but my vote right now would go to Aaron Godgers. He's doing this with a mash unit on offense. No Jones, no Finley, no Cobb. And how irrelevant did Greg Jennings make himself by leaving GB?

McCarthy Coach of the Year, Godgers MVP, Ed Lacy Offensive ROY, Micah Hyde Defensive ROY, AJ Hawk Defensive POY, Johnny Jolly Comeback POY. I would say those are the frontrunners at the halfway point.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #110
mckerney
Coordinator

Ponder had nearly 100 yards in the first 3 quarters, IT'S A SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL MIRACLE!
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #111
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Whoever brought up keeping Lacy versus looking into Bell in a fantasy league thread, you're welcome. The difference in time of possession in this game is rather impressive.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #112
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
So many people just want to hand Peyton the MVP but my vote right now would go to Aaron Godgers. He's doing this with a mash unit on offense. No Jones, no Finley, no Cobb. And how irrelevant did Greg Jennings make himself by leaving GB?

McCarthy Coach of the Year, Godgers MVP, Ed Lacy Offensive ROY, Micah Hyde Defensive ROY, AJ Hawk Defensive POY, Johnny Jolly Comeback POY. I would say those are the frontrunners at the halfway point.

Is this supposed to be a joke? I dont feel much like analyzing all those categories, but c'mon Andy Reid is the clear cut coach of the year at this point.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #113
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

Rodgers would finish third in my ballot. Manning, Brees, Rodgers.

Coach of the Year: Sean Payton, Offensive Rookie: Lacy, Defensive Rookie: Kiko Alonso, Defenisve POY: Tamba Hali (with Alib a close second) Comeback Player: Phillip Rivers (yeah, no major surgery or anything, but for me he actually looks like an elite level QB again)

He's one of my least liked players in the entire league. I also give a Chiefs player (with a Pats player a close second) and Payton awards. Ugh. Something must be wrong with me.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #114
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Is this supposed to be a joke? I dont feel much like analyzing all those categories, but c'mon Andy Reid is the clear cut coach of the year at this point.

I think they were jokes, but I would give the edge to Payton over Reid by a hair. I'd actually put Beli near the top of my list as well. I couldn't complain about Reid though. I'm very happy he's having success, even if I do feel it's about to come crashing down in the next few weeks.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #115
Danny
Head Coach

Im not saying Reid will finish the year as Coach of the year, but right now I think you absolutely have to give it to him. 2-14 to an 8-0 start
Old 10-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #116
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Reid is the easy pick. Sean Payton is a tough sell to me since the Saints were great when he was coaching a full season. The turnaround is there because he wasn't last year.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #117
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Reid is the easy pick. Sean Payton is a tough sell to me since the Saints were great when he was coaching a full season. The turnaround is there because he wasn't last year.

Doesn't that make him more of a candidate rather than less of one? I think it's Reid as well, but I don't understand how Payton being the reason for the turnaround hurts his candidacy.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #118
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Doesn't that make him more of a candidate rather than less of one? I think it's Reid as well, but I don't understand how Payton being the reason for the turnaround hurts his candidacy.

I agree with this. His post sounded more like an argument for Payton. It's still Reid by a large margin though at this point.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #119
Jas_lov
College Starter

Yeah, I think it's between Reid and McCarthy. Might be neck and neck right now. McCarthy is doing all of this with a mash unit on offense. Peyton being out last year hurts him because that was self inflicted due to his involvement in bounty gate. That's not a feel good story.

I almost forgot one award, Ted Thompson is the clear frontrunner for Executive of the Year. Old Teddy has done it again. The ultimate draft and develop GM. No GM does it better. Goes out and gets Ed Lacy in the 2nd round, Dave Bakhtiari in the 4th, Micah Hyde in the 5th. There's 3 key players on this team all rookies. The Packers don't sign FA, they just draft and develop and that's why Thompson and McCarthy are on top year after year in the NFC North.

Last edited by Jas_lov : 10-27-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #120
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, I think it's between Reid and McCarthy. Might be neck and neck right now. McCarthy is doing all of this with a mash unit on offense. Peyton being out last year hurts him because that was self inflicted due to his involvement in bounty gate. That's not a feel good story.

I almost forgot one award, Ted Thompson is the clear frontrunner for Executive of the Year. Old Teddy has done it again. The ultimate draft and develop GM. No GM does it better. Goes out and gets Ed Lacy in the 2nd round, Dave Bakhtiari in the 4th, Micah Hyde in the 5th. There's 3 key players on this team all rookies. The Packers don't sign FA, they just draft and develop and that's why Thompson and McCarthy are on top year after year in the NFC North.

Look, I'm not here ot bash the Packers. They are freaking good. I don't buy this "mash unit" on offense. Their offensive line is ranked #1 by football outsiders at run blocking. They really haven't felt the loss of Finley or Cobb yet because those injuries happened recently and they played the Vikings tonight. They have a good offensive line and a great QB who is in his prime. You have those two things, you are going to have a successful offense.

Manning has lost one of the best LT's in the game and was without 2 other starting OL last week and all everyone wants to talk about is how the Colts found the secret to beating Denver. (I didn't just hear it in this thread, I've heard it all week) The Packers are going to be dangerous in the playoffs. All of these tough games early will set them up late. As long as Rodgers is healthy, they will be a major threat. I know they have had some bad injuries on offense, but they aren't the only team.

Everyone keeps talking about Denver, Seattle and NO. Lurking behind that group are some damned good football teams. Green Bay leads that group. The NFC playoffs could be nasty. Seattle (with Harvin), SF (with Crabtree back), Carolina (with that D and a suddenly aggressive coach), GB (Rodgers), NO (Brees). . . holy heck that is a terrific group of teams. You take who you want and I'll take the field. Rodgers at his peak makes this a dangerous team every year. You probably should hope Rodgers doesn't have to lead a comeback though
Old 10-28-2013, 12:38 AM   #121
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah, not really sure why we're having a Packers love in after they just allowed 31 points to a Christian Ponder led Vikings team. Great offense but beating Minny by 13 doesn't equate to a sweep of the postseason awards or an elite team.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:59 AM   #122
mckerney
Coordinator

Really can't wait until Ponder is gone.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #123
TRO
College Prospect

Let's not forget NFL Man of the Year award, that should clearly go to the discount double check cheesehead guy. He's saving people money and maybe even saving a few lives.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #124
Logan
Head Coach

I don't think I've ever cared for the coach of my favorite team to win CoY.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #125
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Yeah, not really sure why we're having a Packers love in after they just allowed 31 points to a Christian Ponder led Vikings team. Great offense but beating Minny by 13 doesn't equate to a sweep of the postseason awards or an elite team.

You didn't watch the game. Once the Pack went up 41-17 with 6 minutes to go the game was over and they were just giving up yards to get the game over. And 7 of those 17 points were due to a kickoff return on the very first play. Packers are right up there with N.O, SF and Seattle as NFC contenders and they're doing it with a skeleton crew on offense.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #126
BillJasper
Pro Starter

After eight-weeks, I still think Denver and San Francisco are the best teams from each conference.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #127
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

my Vikes suck. i hope we suck enough this year to get a great pick and get a real QB
Old 10-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #128
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Im not saying Reid will finish the year as Coach of the year, but right now I think you absolutely have to give it to him. 2-14 to an 8-0 start

Yeah, at this point it would be impossible to give it to anyone but Reid. Taking a team won 2 games the year before and having them win their first 8 games the following year may never happen again.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #129
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
...a skeleton crew on offense.

The 49ers will trade you all their WRs for your healthy ones.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #130
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
The 49ers will trade you all their WRs for your healthy ones.

Rumor has it that Larry Fitzgerald might be available. If the 49ers could swing that deal, they'd be downright fucking scary.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #131
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't think there is anyway the Cards trade Fitz within the division.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #132
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I don't get the skeleton crew on offense. Do they have guys hurt, sure they do, but they still have one of the mot dynamic receivers in the game playing every week.

What does Brady have to work with and he is still getting it done.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #133
Thomkal
Head Coach

well somehow my beloved Cards are in contention for a playoff spot-so I don't think they will look to trade Larry until the offseason. I hope they don't trade him at all really, but salary cap may force them to. And definitely can't see him going to SF or SEA.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #134
miami_fan
Coordinator

Wearing that "Free Hernandez" is not looking too good for Mike Pouncey.

Miami's Mike Pouncey served grand jury subpoena in Massachusetts - NFL - SI.com

Quote:
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The Massachusetts State Police served Miami Dolphins center Mike Pouncey with a grand jury subpoena less than an hour after the Patriots defeated the Dolphins 27-17 at Gillette Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

A source with knowledge of the matter told SI.com that the subpoena is related to the investigation into Aaron Hernandez, Pouncey's close friend and former teammate at the University of Florida. The source indicated that police are focusing in on Hernandez's potential involvement in interstate gun trafficking, which is being investigated by several agencies in multiple states -- at least Massachusetts, New York and Florida.

The extent of Pouncey's potential involvement is undetermined, but police are focusing on multiple transactions that involve him and Hernandez. "Organizationally, we do not have a comment," said Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene. "And Mike Pouncey does not have a comment."

A grand jury subpoena does not mean Pouncey, 24, has been or will be charged with a crime. Rather, law enforcement officials regard him as a material witness who could advance their case against Hernandez. Pouncey traveled back home with the team Sunday night.

After the game, two members of the Massachusetts State Police in dark suits approached Pouncey in the hallway between the Dolphins locker room and the team bus and handed him a piece of white paper. "It's about a grand jury investigation," one official could be heard telling Pouncey. The same police official later said, "Make sure you arrive."

Pouncey appeared confused when handed the paperwork by police and said, "What's this about?" Soon Dolphins officials were scrambling around the concourse looking for answers.

Dolphins special teams coach Darren Rizzi was in the vicinity at the time and asked one of the officers if they'd spoken to Dolphins director of security Stu Weinstein. A uniformed Massachusetts State Police officer held out his right arm and attempted to shield Rizzi from hearing the conversation between Pouncey and police officials.

Rizzi later said with a perplexed look on his face, "Pouncey just got served papers."

Dawn Aponte, the Dolphins executive vice president of football administration, could be seen reading the subpoena outside the team locker room. A uniformed Massachusetts State policeman declined comment, directing any inquiries to Weinstein.

"You need to talk to Jeff Ireland or Joe Philbin," Weinstein said, referring to the Dolphins general manager and coach. Ireland and Dolphins senior vice president of operations, Bill Galante, also declined comment.

A Patriots official said owner Robert Kraft was not made aware that Massachusetts State Police would be issuing the subpoena to Pouncey. In the minutes after the game, there were five uniformed Massachusetts State Police officers and two in suits loitering about 30 yards from the Dolphins locker room and speaking with NFL Security officials.

In September, Hernandez was indicted and pleaded not guilty to six charges, including first-degree murder. The other five charges were weapons related, as police seized at least three different types of ammunition -- .22-caliber bullets, 7.62-mm. rounds and 45-caliber bullets -- at Hernandez's home in North Attleboro, Mass., and at his "flop house" in Franklin, Mass.

The increased scrutiny on Hernandez's gun activity could be an indication that the gun charges have taken an increased importance. Shortly after the first murder investigation began, the source said, signs that Hernandez was involved with a large-scale, multi-state gun running operation began to emerge.

Mike Pouncey and his twin brother, Maurkice, a Steelers center, were close to Hernandez and all three lived together for periods of time when they played at Florida. In stories that emerged after Hernandez's arrest, the Pouncey brothers were credited with keeping Hernandez out of trouble while in Gainesville.

The only tie between the Pounceys and Hernandez that's emerged since the arrest was the two brothers being photographed in a night club wearing "Free Hernandez" hats in mid-July. The photograph blew up on social media and Maurkice Pouncey later apologized, saying: "I regret that my actions appear to make light of that serious situation."

A Steelers spokesman declined all comment, including when asked if Maurkice Pouncey had been served.

"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #135
BillJasper
Pro Starter

The season keeps getting better and better for Miami.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #136
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Wearing that "Free Hernandez" is not looking too good for Mike Pouncey.

Miami's Mike Pouncey served grand jury subpoena in Massachusetts - NFL - SI.com
A Steelers spokesman declined all comment, including when asked if Maurkice Pouncey had been served.
...Steelers are in Foxboro this Sunday.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #137
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Is it just me or does this year's NFL have by far the highest number of CRAP teams in a while.

Jaguars, Rams, Steelers, Eagles, Vikings, Bucs, Giants, Raiders.

I mean these teams have no chance unless they are facing one another.

Jaguars have no chance against any team in the NFL.
They couldn't even compete against Division III #1, Mount Union.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #138
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

PredictionMachine.com simulates Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Alabama

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs3 : 10-28-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Ronnie Dobbs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #139
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs3 View Post

That link is from November of 2012.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #140
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs3 View Post

There are just too many variables to account for to ever make an accurate prediction.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #141
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

So the 2013 Jaguars are much, much worse than last year's version?

I picked it because I felt it explained the issue best, but here's the most recently version: http://http://predictionmachine.com/Winless-NFL-teams-vs-Alabama

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs3 : 10-28-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Ronnie Dobbs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #142
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
There are just too many variables to account for to ever make an accurate prediction.

No, not really. There is one variable that essentially ends it all. You are talking about full grown men vs. a bunch of boys. We laugh at Blaine Gabbard today, but he was a very good college QB. Look at the Jags roster and it's filled with guys from Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Florida State, etc.

The Jags have the 24th ranked offense in the NFL and the 30th ranked defense. Collectively, they may be the worst team, but I can assure you they are an NFL team and if they faced Alabama, it would not be a good day to be a Crimson Tide fan. I think many of the Tide players would end up getting carted off the field. There is a BIG difference between 20 and 26 when it comes to age. Some of the bama players would stand up fine, but most would get mauled. The game would not be close.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #143
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Agree with Troy.

The QB position in the NFL is so important right now that if you dont have one of the top 20 you really have very little chance of doing anything special.

So take away the 10-12 teams w/o a NFL caliber QB and consider them at best a 7-9 win team. Now you have the QBs in that 7-20 range that their season can determine how the team performs like the Rivers, Romos, and Staffords of the world. Following that you have the top 5-6 qbs in the world who will make their teams very good every single year. Manning, Brady(even on a down year), Brees, Rodgers.

Sadly its such a QB league and only so many of them to go around. If you dont have one you are all but screwed.

Put Peyton Manning on Jacksonville and they are probably a borderline playoff team I guess it what I was trying to say in a round about way. And 4 years ago the Vikings had to bring a 40 year old in as their QB and he led them to their best season in recent memory. The talent really hasnt taken a huge step backwards it was just that Favre could bring talent out of some of the players that dont otherwise show it. Sidney Rice's name comes up at the top of my head.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 10-28-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #144
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Beat writer sums up why every Atlantan knows the phrase "same old Falcons" so well

Falcons may be headed for biggest flop ever | Jeff Schultz | www.ajc.com
Old 10-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #145
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Beat writer sums up why every Atlantan knows the phrase "same old Falcons" so well

Falcons may be headed for biggest flop ever | Jeff Schultz | www.ajc.com

At least Georgia Tech probably will go to some worthless bowl game this year or my recreational sports watching would be very dull for a while. I'm totally done with this Falcons team this year.

You would think after the 1980s I would be used to this type of football, but they have managed to bring a whole new level of disappointment around this year's team.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #146
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
but they have managed to bring a whole new level of disappointment around this year's team.

But they'll have such a lovely new stadium soon
Old 10-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #147
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

If you're the GM of the Jaguars, how do you fix the downfalls of the team for the last 2 seasons?

The Jaguars have problems on both sides of the ball.
If the Jaguars draft a QB, the O-line should be upgraded through FA/draft.

MJD is a FA after the season, 'course they could shop him before the deadline, at best a 5th or 6th rounder.

Drafting a replacement RB has to be high up on the need list, possibly in the 3rd or middle rounds.

Defensively, the secondary is relatively young, but could use veteran leadership,
(should've kept Marcus Trufant for that).

Looking at the LB's, Paul Posluszny is the only worthwhile LB keeping.

D-Line is a total mess, can't generate any kind of pass rush, to help the secondary. Stopping the run has its moments.

I don't know who the coordinators are for the team, but they are obviously not doing their job.

If the Jaguars want to be relavant again, the GM needs to convince the owner to open up the checkbook, and spend wisely.

Just my take from a fan of another team far away.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #148
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
At least Georgia Tech probably will go to some worthless bowl game this year or my recreational sports watching would be very dull for a while. I'm totally done with this Falcons team this year.

You would think after the 1980s I would be used to this type of football, but they have managed to bring a whole new level of disappointment around this year's team.

Well, you were really stung by the injury bug which is probably the primary reason for this fall. Any team would struggle losing a top 5 wr and having another top 10 wr playing at 75 percent tops. Not to mention Stephen Jackson going down on just the offensive side of the ball.

The variables in the NFL can make for a frustrating season.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #149
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
But they'll have such a lovely new stadium soon
What's wrong with the one they have?
Old 10-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #150
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky View Post
If you're the GM of the Jaguars, how do you fix the downfalls of the team for the last 2 seasons?

The Jaguars have problems on both sides of the ball.
If the Jaguars draft a QB, the O-line should be upgraded through FA/draft.

MJD is a FA after the season, 'course they could shop him before the deadline, at best a 5th or 6th rounder.

Drafting a replacement RB has to be high up on the need list, possibly in the 3rd or middle rounds.

Defensively, the secondary is relatively young, but could use veteran leadership,
(should've kept Marcus Trufant for that).

Looking at the LB's, Paul Posluszny is the only worthwhile LB keeping.

D-Line is a total mess, can't generate any kind of pass rush, to help the secondary. Stopping the run has its moments.

I don't know who the coordinators are for the team, but they are obviously not doing their job.

If the Jaguars want to be relavant again, the GM needs to convince the owner to open up the checkbook, and spend wisely.

Just my take from a fan of another team far away.

Well I think you start by trying to solve the qb problem and get some youth in the backfield. I am really starting to feel bad for MJD and the beating he has taken over the years. From there you work on building a line that can stay together and be cohesive. Nothing hurts line play more than switching it up all of the time.

A lot of the warts will go away once a team fixes a few of their major issues. You may suddenly see a defense worth watching if they can start seeing an offense that can take any of the pressure off them from week to week.