Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-07-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
PhantomLord
n00b

The North Liberty Enforcers - OSFL Multiplayer Franchise

Welcome to the beginning of the OSFL, and the birth of the North Liberty Enforcers. The Enforcers are from a town of a few thousand people in the state of Iowa, but look to become a national powerhouse in the OSFL. Comments are incredibly appreciated, and without further ado I'd like to welcome you to the start of my first FOF 2007 Franchise ever.

The Quad City Times

North Liberty, IA :
With the team taking shape and the preseason forthcoming, the North Liberty Enforcers look ahead to the first season
of the OSFL with high hopes but no-so-high expectations.

The leagues first Power Rankings have been released, and your Enforcers sit at a paltry #19 to start things off. Youth will definitely be served on this team, but the presence of several key veterans on the roster could very well have North Liberty over-achieving this season.

Helped along by an absolutely atrocious division (with other teams ranked #16, #29, and #32), the Enforcers look to be in good shape to contend for a division title and make it to the playoffs in this inagural season of the OSFL. North Liberty has an incredibly strong defense, led by 7 year veteran David Schwartz out of Ole Miss. Playing alongside Schwartz is another outstanding safety with 5 years of experience in Adrian Burhart.

Both men will benefit greatly from an incredible pass rush, with outstanding defensive ends Sam Barrett (out of Hillsdale) and Paul Reid (SMU) leading the way. The most promising young talent on the defensive side of the ball would have to be 8th round pick Erik Ackerman, a cornerback out of Tulsa with a major nose for the football (100 INT rating). The linebackers and other defensive linemen have a lot of future potential between them, and the league should be on notice for what is likely to be a top 5 defense and the most dominating pass rush in the OSFL for years to come.

The offense is where North Liberty is going to struggle, but the Enforcers are confident that they can do just enough to win some games and let the defense carry them. The strong point on the offense is the left side of the line, led by 3 players with at least 6 years of experience in Lorenzo Buckley, Billy Solomon, and the anchor of the line Dana Battle out of Lafayette. The right side of the line is a major weakness at this point, but both Imme and Raymond have a good deal of potential and should develop nicely in their first year out of college.

North Liberty will likely give everyone in the OSFL a heavy dose of 6'2", 221 pound running back Britt Toews, a back who won't escape anybody but can find the holes and make things happen. Flanker Maurice Reader and Tight End Roman Carter will be the top targets in the passing game, IF the Enforcers can manage to find a way to get the ball to either of them.

Quarterback is a mess in North Liberty. With low emphasis placed on the position in the Allocation Draft, the Enforcers came out with possibly the worst QB trio in all of football. Three rookie signal callers without an ounce of talent between them will compete for the starting job, and the early nod goes to Blaine Horner out of Tulane. The best of a terrible bunch, Horner is giong to be expected to just control the football and not make mistakes. This could be a tough assignment for a kid with horrible accuracy, timing, defense reading, and a bad sense of rush, but the Enforcers will definitely be looking for ways to improve the position as soon as possible.

North Liberty is going to have an interesting season, but 6 games against the terrible NC North should net them a good number of wins. The defense should carry North Liberty to a division title, and early word out of Iowa is that the Enforcers fans are expecting a 9-7 finish. Quite frankly, anything less for the team in the worst division in the league and with an incredibly easy schedule would be a huge disappointment, but only time will tell how far the defense can carry the worst offense in the OSFL.

PhantomLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:43 PM   #2
PhantomLord
n00b

North Liberty would like to introduce it's coaching staff for 2007.

Old 01-08-2007, 05:46 PM   #3
PhantomLord
n00b

And now, the North Liberty Enforcers roster for 2006!

Last edited by PhantomLord : 01-08-2007 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:56 PM   #4
PhantomLord
n00b

North Liberty would like to introduce you to our offensive and defensive captains, and then a few key players on each side of the football.

First up, the offensive captain, a top 10 WR in the OSFL...

On the defensive end, our unquestioned leader and the best safety in the OSFL...

Some other outstanding players, whom all happen to be on the defensive side of the football...

And our brightest young talent...

Others players can be shown per fan request.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:59 PM   #5
PhantomLord
n00b

The OSFL is proud to make public it's first official Power Rankings of the new season!

Old 01-08-2007, 06:01 PM   #6
PhantomLord
n00b

One final piece of business needs to be taken care of before getting underway, and that is the Preseason and Regular Season schedules for the North Liberty Enforcers!

Old 01-08-2007, 06:12 PM   #7
PhantomLord
n00b

Trade Block Announcement

LDE Paul Reid
WLB Roger Wahl
SS Sedrick Mendola
WLB Tyrus Walters
FL Maurice Reader

Some of those names are shocking, I'm sure. With our recent move to the 3-4 it's going to take a hell of a lot to move eitehr Wahl or Walters, and with Reader being a team captain and a top 10 WR in the league (AND a mentor!!!), it'll take a monster deal to pry him from the Enforcers.

The most likely to be traded are Paul Reid (a top 10 DE) and Mendola, whom is a damn good backup with really good stats. We have two stud safeties obviously, so I'm willing to take my chances with injury and dealing my backup safety here.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:20 PM   #8
PhantomLord
n00b

Team Philosophies

Run, run, run, and run. That's basically it on offense. Despite having Maurice Reader, our best QB has nearly no talent at all and it's going to be risky trying to pass the football. Our back isn't the best in the world, but a solid line and a good tight end should help the offense a little bit. We will pass enough, but the main goal on offense is just to eat up some clock and not turn the ball over. We don't even need to score more than a touchdown on offense per game to still likely win a ton of games.

Things are going to be miserable for opposing offenses. All our defensive linemen and linebackers have ridiculous pass rushing stats, and with two starting defensive backs having a 100 in Interceptions and another having a 99, it's going to be sack and turnover cental here in North Liberty.

We are looking to stay young for as long as possible, and try to lean towards potential over experience in future offseasons. The immediate goal is to secure at least one additional 1st round pick in 2007, and some of the offers are getting pretty close to that point already. I'm not too thrilled with the results of the original draft on the offensive side of the ball, so the more early draft picks next year the better.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:49 PM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Very nice job with the dynasty thread so far. I'm looking forward to reading from one of my fellow OSFL GM's.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:53 PM   #10
PhantomLord
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Very nice job with the dynasty thread so far. I'm looking forward to reading from one of my fellow OSFL GM's.

Of course you are, because you probably wanna read and get my thoughts and insights to get a one-up on me. Don't worry, I'll be throwing out plenty of false information ahead of time and some true stuff, because I don't want to give anything away for free. I might as well link this over on our OSFL boards, that way I get more viewers and replies.

And yes, I understand that posting pictures of my players give away some of my scouting information and COULD give people an advantage... But I don't care. This is about having fun for me, not being uber-competetive.

Last edited by PhantomLord : 01-08-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:00 PM   #11
robster1225
Mascot

I'll be anxiously reading this as well!
Old 01-08-2007, 08:05 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord View Post
This is about having fun for me, not being uber-competetive.

Cool. That is how it should be. Don't worry about player pics, early testing suggests that the variance between scouts isn't that significant. Therefore, you aren't giving away much info with pics of players.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:06 PM   #13
PhantomLord
n00b

2006 OSFL Predictions

AC North

#1. Portland - A major QB issue, but still the class of the division
#2. Anchorage -BAD offense, top 10 defense
#3. Kalispel - Pretty average all around, but good potential
#4. Washington - Best offensive line in the division

AC South

#1.
Port City - Great O-Line, great secondary, needs better WRs
#2. Waco - Solid in general, good o-line, decent defense
#3. New Orleans - High potential on offense, young and bad on defense
#4. Memphis - Good ground game, Roset only standout on a bad D

AC East

#1.
Motor City - Solid safeties save an otherwise unremarkable defense
#2. Lake County - Stud QB prospect with noone to throw to, horrible D
#3.
Ohio Valley - Really decent offense, really average defense
#4. Punxsutawny - Outstanding LT will be wasted on this team. OK D

AC West

#1. Los Alamos - Possibly best O-line in the league, solid O, average D
#2. Phoenix - Terrible offense, mediocre front seven, great secondary
#3. Utah - Bad run game, young defense with potential but currently bad
#4. Denver - Not a good offense, but good defense that should get better

NC North

#1. Dakota - Average all around, all-world DT on the defense
#2. North Liberty - Worst offense in the league, best defense in the league
#3. St Paul - Possibly explosive offense, defense has potential
#4. Chicago - A TON of potential... but it's going to take awhile

NC South

#1. Columbus - Outstanding offense with a solid defense to back it up
#2. Charlotte - Good offense, above average defense
#3. Morgantown - Too many fossils, great secondary though
#4. Gainesville - Mediocre on both sides of the ball

NC East

#1. Camden - A great front seven on D is the strong-point, secondary not
#2. S. Maryland - Should be a top 5 passing team and has a solid D
#3. Brooklyn - Way below average offense with a great defense
#4. Boston - Not a good offense but several playmakers on a good defense

NC West

#1. San Francisco - Oldest in league, built to win now, top run game

#2. Pearl Harbor - Top 5 offensive line, okay defense
#3. Las Vegas - Pretty decent offense, best cornerbacks in the league
#4. Yuma - A few standouts, good potential everywhere, O needs a QB

Playoffs
AC

#1 Seed - Port City
#2 Seed - Los Alamos
#3 Seed - Portland
#4 Seed - Motor City
WC #1 - Waco
WC #2 - Lake County

Portland over Lake County
Waco over Motor City

Port City over Waco
Portland over Las Alamos

Port City over Portland

NC

#1 Seed - San Francisco
#2 Seed - Columbus
#3 Seed - Camden
#4 Seed - Dakota
WC #1 - S. Maryland
WC #2 - North Liberty

Camden over North Liberty
S. Maryland over Dakota

S. Maryland over San Francisco
Columbus over Camden

Columbus over S. Maryland

OSFL Bowl - Columbus over Port City

League MVP -
Corey Lincoln QB, Columbus
Offensive Rookie of the Year - Cedric Pint RB, Camden
Defensive Rookie of the Year - Bucky Sanford LDE, Chicago

Last edited by PhantomLord : 01-08-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:32 PM   #14
PhantomLord
n00b

Thoughts Behind The Predictions

First off... Wow, what a pain in the ass to do a league-wide evaluation. With that said, I wanted to clear up some possible questions and reveal why I chose how I chose.

In the AC, it's hard to argue with Port City being the best team. After Portland the seeding could really go any way, but with Los Alamos having such a great o-line and being decent on both sides of the ball I see them pulling off homefield.

The big surprise I'd imagine in the AC is Lake County. I see them sneaking into the playoffs out of nowhere based on the arm of their stud 2nd year QB Nick Pipkin. If he were a rookie I'd have him as my ROTY, but I truly think this kid is going to breakout this year and lead his team to a shocking playoff berth.

The only teams I think could sneak into the wild card that aren't in my predictions would be Anchorage or Kalipsel. Either team has the talent to get them to the playoffs, but I think the AC is pretty set in who is contendors this year (outside of my surprise team, Lake County, obviously).

In the NC, it should come as no surprise that San Fran and Columbus are looking like the top two seeds. SF is built to win right now and probably will do a lot of it, but their team really isn't all that impressive. I think they will easily get the #1 seed, only to fall in their first playoff game and show that sheer experience does not overcome greater talent on the other team.

The North is god-awful, but someone has to win it so Dakota will likely grab the spot. I truly think my Enforcers will sneak in due to a schedule featuring something like 9 games against bottom 10 teams, and the incredible defense should help pull off a few upsets as well.

If my homerism is incorrect, Pearl Harbor is next in line to get a wild card spot in the NC. Charlotte could sneak in as well, but either team that does so will likely replace the Enforcers. South Maryland is my surprise team in the NC. I see no way this team cannot go far, despite the bad ranking in the initial Power Rankings. The offense is going to be seriously explosive, and teams will have a hard time keeping up with them.

The playoffs should look pretty self-explanatory. Those are just my personal feelings of how things will shake out. I think Port City is definitely the best of the AC and Columbus is the best of the NC, and Columbus should overpower Port City with their great offense to take home the initial crown.

In the long team, I think some of the teams you see in 4th will be quickly rising up. There is potential all over this league, and some teams like San Francisco are going to plummet quickly thanks to a very old roster. Rookies abound, and these rankings are going to change drastically in a year or two with teams moving all over the place.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:51 AM   #15
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord View Post

#1. Columbus - Outstanding offense with a solid defense to back it up

OSFL Bowl - Columbus over Port City

League MVP -
Corey Lincoln QB, Columbus

Just great. Now everyone will be gunning for me.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:18 PM   #16
PhantomLord
n00b

The Quad City Times

North Liberty, IA : With the OSFL preseason set to begin tonight with the Phoenix Riders visting the Camden Cutters, we thought we'd head out to North Liberty and get the latest Enforcers news straight from the source.

The Enforcers may have the week off before opening next weekend with the visit to Utah and the Bees, but plenty is still going on in North Liberty right now.

While some teams throughout the OSFL appear to be allowing veteran players to sit out in their first preseason games to assumably avoid injuries, the Enforcers vets will have no such luck.

"We are planning on starting everyone that is currently slotted at #1 in our depth charts, and not letting even the most veteran of players sit out against Utah next weekend" said Coach Quinn Gordon. "It may be a risk to some of our guys, but we really have no idea how our team, offense especially, is going to function and we need to see everyone out there for sure."

With it being the beginning of preseason, there typically isn't a whole lot of huge news coming out of the OSFL. For those who have been paying attention, they will know that North Liberty is a different beast. The unquestioned leader and captain of the offense, Maurice Reader, has been officially announced as on the trading block.

"Yeah, yeah, I know it's a surprise to a lot of people. That's nothing against this kid. He's a 6 year vet. He's a top 10 wide receiver talent in this league. He's a great leader. The fact is, we just don't have anyone to throw him the damn football" said Gordon. "We'd love to have him around, but by the time we build this offense up to some respectability he'll be on the decline anyways. We want the best for the team and for Maurice, so we are freely negotiating with several teams for him."

Reader, on the other hand, didn't seem so thrilled with the teams decision to openly offer him up for trade.

"I just don't get it. Everyone knows that we aren't going to have a spectacular offense here in North Liberty, but how does it make sense to get rid of your best playmaker?" Reader said. "I suppose I understand to an extent, but these guys need to know that if they keep me around, I will do everything I can to make things easier on Blaine (Horner, QB) and make some plays for our offense. I want to stay here in North Liberty, but I guess that is not up to me."

Some other big names are on the trading block, but word is the only person visibly upset with his inclusion on the block is Paul Reid. Reid is an outstanding 9th year vet who should make a huge impact on the team, but won't get that opportunity if the Enforcers trade him. Reid refused to comment to the Times.

Last edited by PhantomLord : 01-09-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:29 AM   #17
PhantomLord
n00b

The Quad City Times

North Liberty, IA : A small amount of news has leaked out of Enforcers camp following the opening of the OSFL preseason.

Two players, unnamed, received new contracts. Both players would have had contracts expiring at the end of the 2006 season, and are now locked up for 3 years each.

The biggest news of the day though is not good news for Enforcers fans. Apparently, the most promising young talent on the team has refused several new contract offers, drawing the ire of his head coach.

"(Erik) Ackerman is a *beep*ing rookie, and he thinks his one year, 3.75 million dollar contract isn't enough?" Coach Gordon stated. "We've offered the kid two different contract extensions, almost doubling the offer on the last one, and he still won't budge. If he doesn't want to play for North Liberty, then as much as it pains us to lose someone of his raw ability he WON'T BE playing for the Enforcers. I understand it's a business, but management as a whole has spoken to Erik and told him he is only going to get one more offer from us."

Strong comments from Coach Gordon, but the strongest of all came off the record when Coach told us that Erik Ackerman is officially on the trading block.

The Enforcers stand to lose their best young talent over a petty contract dispute, and you can bet things are going to be somewhat ugly in North Liberty this season.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:42 PM   #18
PhantomLord
n00b

The Quad City Times

"Ackerman's Rebuttal"

North Liberty, IA :
It didn't take long for Enforcers safety Erik Ackerman to find out about being on the trading block, as all he had to do was turn on the TV and see his name being used on every sports channel in the state. After hearing the news from the televised version of Coach Gordon, Ackerman first got on the phone with his agent and then with the Times.

"You have GOT to be kidding me. Do the people in our front office not realize I'm making almost 4 million dollars this year alone? Where the hell do they get off trying to offer me a contract that only pays 6 mill over 3 years?" Ackerman fumed. "Then, they have the audacity to come back with a 10.6 million dollar offer for FOUR YEARS. FOUR YEARS?! ARE YOU ******* ME? Do these people know how to divide? There's no way I'm signing a contract that steadily lowers my income considering my talent level and draft position."

While Ackerman is obviously furious with the team for their horrific offers and apparent lack of respect, he still isn't ready to leave North Liberty quite yet.

"Naw man, I wanna stay in North Liberty for my career regardless of the disrespect they are showing me right now. I'll say this though... They have one more chance to ante up, or I'll be promoting a trade to get somewhere who won't pinch pennies."

Coach Gordon has called a Press Conference scheduled for later this evening to apparently address this matter.

Last edited by PhantomLord : 01-11-2007 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:46 PM   #19
PhantomLord
n00b

Coach Gordon Press Conference

Coach Gordon : "First of all, thank you for coming on such short notice. I know with the situation going on with Erik right now a lot of you were hanging around just waiting for something to happen anyways, but regardless, thank you for being here.

First of all, please save your questions for the end. This is going to be a relatively short statement, but I'd appreciate not being interrupted. Now, that said, some heated words were exchanged, through the media, between Erik Ackerman and myself. I am here right now to officially apologize to Erik for what is an unfortunate misunderstanding.

We truly felt we had offered Erik great deals... Superstar level money. But then yesterday Erik mentioned that we only offered 6 million and 11 million dollars in two seperate multi-year deals, and I have to say, we were all shocked in the front office at that statement.

Erik, we offered you a lot more than that... Well, we meant to. Apparently there was an, uhm, ...problem with the fax machine, or ...the computer or something. Somewhere in those figures, a '0' was apparently lost, making your proposed contracts worth a lot less money than we intended.

We are going to offer Erik one more contract today, and believe me, it will be for the correct amount this time. We hope the kid can accept our apology and forgive our ...equipment malfunction. We into Erik Ackerman to be a part of this franchise and a key building block to it for a long time to come.

Alright, at this point I'm going to take a few questions before I get out of here."

Reporter : "Coach, has there been any activity in the front office regarding any more possible trades? We've heard Walters name thrown about quite a bit over the last few days, along with the obviously ongoing talks about Maurice Reader. Any news on those fronts?"

"Well, I'll start with Maurice first. We have had plenty of offers for Maurice, but nothing is really coming close to what we want. For a top 10 WR in this league only halfway through his career, we expect a first round draft choice in 2007 for him. There's no reason to hide that fact, as we've made it well known to many teams who have inquired about him. It's going to take at least a first to get Maurice.

Now, as for Tyrus... This kis is poised to lead the OSFL in sacks. We've tailored the defense specifically to him, to utilize his pash rushing abilities. In the 3-4, this kid is going to have a massive year. We have received several offers on Tyrus, and we have to say that, with an offer received earlier today, we are very close to moving him. Nothing is finalized yet, but an offer we recently received is getting very close to what it would take to move this kid."

"Coach, it seems awfully convienient of you to blame the contract negotiation problems with Ackerman on faulty equipment and refuse to own up to your low-ball offers. Why should we believe you?"

"It was faulty equipment, and that's that. A simple mistake. Maybe the printer on Erik's end was running out of ink and missed that last zero, I don't know. All I know is we would never intentionally screw over this kid, because we want him in an Enfoircers uniform for as long as possible. Next."

"Coach, the preseason begins tomorrow for you. How is the team looking, and what can we expect from the guys out there against Utah?"

"Well, we are not going to be very vanilla in any facet. We are coming out with our regular season gameplan in full force, because quite frankly we need as much practice with our regular schemes as we can get and need to see how this team looks implementing certain things. The starters will play into the third quarter if all goes to plan.

As for how the team looks... It's hard to say. The defense is just destroying the offense in every practice and scrimmage that we run. I feel bad for Blaine (Horner, QB), because the kid has nowhere to throw and is constantly under pressure in practice. I definitely believe this is the best defense in the OSFL, but I have no idea what to make of our offense because of who they are going up against. We have time for one more question."

"Coach, how has the Ackerman situation affected the lockerroom leading up to the opening of preseason. How are players reacting to the situation, and do you think it was a good idea to publicly announce that guys are on the trading block? I can't imagine Reid, Walters, or any of the guys listed are very happy about that."

"What part of one question didn't you understand? As quickly as possible, let me run through this. The Ackerman situation is not making the kid any friends in the lockerroom, and if he refuses the offer we are about to lay on the table it's only going to get worse. The rest of the guys want to win, and with the offense as uncertain as it is right now, they wouldn't mind being traded to a winner. Paul Reid is nearing the twilight of his career with this being his tenth year, and he has told me not to worry about putting him on the block but to try and get him to a winner if we have to move him.

That's all for today. Thank you for your time, and we'll see you tomorrow night in Utah."

Last edited by PhantomLord : 01-11-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:23 PM   #20
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Missing a zero? Who comes up with this shit!? Good read, man.. Your front office rocks, by the way.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:56 PM   #21
PhantomLord
n00b

BREAKING NEWS

While the deal won't officially be announced until 9pm Central tonight, the North Liberty Enforcers have made a big trade involving offensive captain Maurice Reader.

"Maurice is a great guy and we'd love to keep him around, but we don't mind getting some youth in here and picking up some draft choices and he certainly doesn't mind going to a much higher potential offense over in Yuma." coach Gordon said. "We are picking up a few draft picks and a promising young rookie wideout, and wish Maurice all the best in Yuma."

While Coach Gordon declined to comment on it, rumors out of Iowa are that Reader was looking for a big contract extension that the Enforcers just weren't willing to dish out to a 7th year wideout. The offense in North Liberty is likely to struggle for several years as they search for a franchise quarterback, but with 5 picks in the first 3 rounds in 2007 the Enforcers are in pretty decent shape for the future.

The North Liberty Enforcers will receive Yuma's 2nd and 3rd round draft
choices in 2007, along with rookie WR Karl Kelly. They send a 5th round pick in '07 and more importantly Maurice Reader to the Aces.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:31 AM   #22
DolphinFan1
College Benchwarmer

Great stuff.

I am on a quest to show that the Dolphins can win the Super Bowl. Or should I say Front Office Bowl, with FOF2K7.

The revival of an old favorite, FOFC Wrestling Dynasty
DolphinFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote