Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #551
Danny
Head Coach

We are allowed to make a write in vote for ourselves right?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #552
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
Hello all,

As the first Jury member I have a unique perspective on this as I got to see ti all play out and got to "see" every new jury member join me with a bit of a bitter taste in their mouth. I too was a bit bitter about getting voted off at first, but have let the stewing rest. (beyond the problems I have with the ruleset and the game itself which will be brought up in the thread roundup/conclusion)

To all -
(1) Why should the other player win over you? (I won't accept a "they shouldn't either) I want to know what they did that makes them deserve the title of Survivor.

(2) What move in this game do you feel progressed you the furthest along?

(3) What move that you did do you regret the most? What would you have done different looking back now?

(4) If you were a woodchuck how much wood would you chuck?

(5) Pick a number 1-20?

1) Kind of discussed it in earlier posts, but if you feel people who got their "hands dirty" deserve it more despite my explanations of why I didn't get mine as dirty, than you should vote for Chesa or Maple over me. I played it slightly different because I had to due to my lack of messages in the later stages due to my Health problems.

2) Two moves for me moved me along. Getting that core alliance on day 1 with the players I wanted to have one with was huge and sticking with it despite chances to break it late in the game. With all this talk about why didn't you break up the alliance and take so and so with you to the Final 3, I don't think people are giving us enough credit for a power move on day 1 that served us well to the very end of the game.
-Second was the move to take out Hoops-from the posturing in the thread to try to keep the Villagers tribe intact as long as possible and to make him believe he was a member of our core alliance all the way to being the one to take the lead in taking him out. It eliminated my strongest physical opponent and someone I couldn't beat in the Final 3. In the end I think it really forced the core alliance to stay together more than anything else.

3) Well I regret the move to take out Hoops from a personal standpoint given his reaction because that certainly wasn't how I wanted him to feel about me coming out of this game. I would have made more contact with the tribe members not in my alliance before and after the merge. But that could have backfired on me if/when I betrayed any agreements we might have had based on those added conversations. Still I should have tried harder there.

4)oh no the crazy out of nowhere Survivor question! Every jury must have them, its a rule! Hmmm, if I were a woodchuck, I would chuck enough wood to survive by while not taking down the whole forest.

5)I hate it when jury members ask this question on Survivor! But if I must, I will go with three-my lucky number and the amount of members in my alliance.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #553
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
I'd say either one, since I always saw them as a pretty solid pair and nobody in the alliance really stood out in terms of strategy, which is what I'd probably base my vote on.

But I know I won't get away with a non-answer, so I'll say Thomkal. He was the guy I approached for an alliance at the beginning (at the same time I approached you) and he never gave me any reason not to trust him.

And also, while neither of them won any immunity challenges, Thomkal at least won a reward. So he gets the edge in the "outplay" part.

I won two reward challenges, thank you very much lol. The poles one where I didn't even use extra effort and then the one where I got to go to the Inn-the reward for that besides talking to Brad was +5 Health, which brought me to 9 at the time. Poor Chesa never did get that "boy scout" challenge.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:40 PM   #554
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Poor Chesa never did get that "boy scout" challenge.

The game's not over yet!!!

I will have to go at 4:30 Eastern. My sincerest apologies to anyone that still has questions that I won't be able to get to. My last reply to Hoops sort of serves as a campaign speech encapsulating some of my key behind-the-scenes work. Hopefully any residual questions will have answers there.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #555
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
(1) Why should the other player win over you? (I won't accept a "they shouldn't either) I want to know what they did that makes them deserve the title of Survivor.

I've already given an answer as to why I'd cast a vote for Thomkal, above. As far as chesapeake, he also did a very good job as part of the alliance, and he was better than Thomkal or I are reaching out to other players. Nothing significant ever came of that reaching out, but Survivor is still a social game so he deserves credit for that.

Quote:
(2) What move in this game do you feel progressed you the furthest along?

Getting into an alliance early, and then keeping that hidden from everyone else for as long as possible. I've been a longtime Survivor fan, and I've always felt that the best possible game a player could play would be to spend the entire game pulling the strings behind the scenes without anyone ever realizing it. I didn't quite do that -- like we've all said, all three of us were pulling strings pretty equally. But there were a couple of times when the "outsiders" had the numbers to break up the alliance, and the fact that they couldn't figure out who the third member was kept them from having a real shot at doing it.

(And one nitpick on chesapeake's answer: The idea that getting Racer to play the idol after the merge was some sort of major move is nonsense. The Wolves were outnumbered 6-3... of course they were playing the idol. In fact, getting Racer to keep the idol would have been our best move, since we already knew we weren't voting him. Instead he played it, and he just picked the wrong guy. That wasn't skill or strategy, it was us getting lucky on a coin flip.)

Quote:
(3) What move that you did do you regret the most? What would you have done different looking back now?

Well, as strange as it sounds given how well sticking with my alliance worked out, there's a part of me that wishes I'd played a completely different style of game and just blindsided whenever I could. I don't think it would have been as successful but it would have been more fun. That was my original plan, but it just never made sense to go cut-throat. I wanted to be cut-throat.

I also regret suggesting to Thomkal and chesapeake that we stop tending camp and finding food when it was a final five, because Darth and Heybrad would be using extra effort for the challenges and would probably run out of health before we did. In hindsight, trying to get an old man to starve to death feels like it may have been morally wrong.

Quote:
(4) If you were a woodchuck how much wood would you chuck?

Considering I haven't had a good meal in three weeks: all of it.

Quote:
(5) Pick a number 1-20?

Since Thomkal said 3 and chesapeake said 4, I'm going to go with 4.0001. Who's cut-throat now, bitches?
Old 06-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #556
Danny
Head Coach

Actually, I do have one question.

I want all three of you to tell who in your view was most responsible for making sure guys like HeyBrad and Darth did not ally with Racer and I after we were campaigning they non allied village members needed to ally with us?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:07 PM   #557
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I want all three of you to tell who in your view was most responsible for making sure guys like HeyBrad and Darth did not ally with Racer and I after we were campaigning they non allied village members needed to ally with us?
Actually, the key person as far as keeping the tribe united after the merge wasn't any of the three of us... it was Heybrad. He was the first one to send an "everyone stay together" message to the group, and was also one of the drivers behind the vote for Danny.

My understanding is that Hoops was also instrumental in making sure Darth didn't jump, and also intentionally played a distraction role when you and Racer were trying to convince people on the main thread.

All that said, I never really got the sense that you guys had a good shot at flipping any votes until it was down to just Racer and he almost pulled off a 2-2-2 split. And I blocked that move with my vote. Your best chance before that was when Racer gave Danny the idol instead of SunDvls -- it was a 50/50 shot, and if you'd been right it would have changed everything.

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 06-24-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #558
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:

The SnDvls vote didn't take any effort at all. I sent a PM to the rest of the villagers encouraging them to stick together on this vote, as did Thomkal and ML, I believe.

I didn't have a 1 on 1 relationship with Darth, but I did with heybrad, so I kept in contact with him to encourage his votes as much as I could. I also sent a general PM to the villagers on this one, too.

I don't mean to exagerrate my role in this -- it was not a heavy lift in any way. These were votes that you could massage in the right direction without having to use any political capital by making a hard push.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:17 PM   #559
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

I honestly don't know, you'd have to ask brad and darth that I think. I played my part by responding to Brad in thread when I was out of PM's and he sent us a PM about hearing rumors that he was being voted out. I think that was the point in the game that happened. I also campaigned in thread against you both when you started trying that. I tried to play on their loyalty to the Villager tribe despite us being merged, telling them we deserved to go to the Final Six based on how many challenges we won when were in the Villager tribe together and that our core six was still more trustworthy than the former Werewolves who (and quite rightly) were trying anything to stay in the game, and couldn't be counted on to remain loyal for the rest of the game over the rest of us Villagers.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:17 PM   #560
Thomkal
Head Coach

LOL at Maple's answer on the pick a number question.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:21 PM   #561
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
(And one nitpick on chesapeake's answer: The idea that getting Racer to play the idol after the merge was some sort of major move is nonsense. The Wolves were outnumbered 6-3... of course they were playing the idol. In fact, getting Racer to keep the idol would have been our best move, since we already knew we weren't voting him. Instead he played it, and he just picked the wrong guy. That wasn't skill or strategy, it was us getting lucky on a coin flip.)

Since Thomkal said 3 and chesapeake said 4, I'm going to go with 4.0001. Who's cut-throat now, bitches?

Ooh..the Price is Right move. Well played

I am not claiming any credit for a master stroke -- just for being the only one to reach out and contributing to cause enough ripples that we got the absolute best outcome we could have gotten on this -- one wolf gone and the idol removed.

There is an underlying strategy issue here that I think you are discounting and is the bone of our disagreement. Racer played here to protect his alliance at great personal cost to himself. Indeed, had he held onto the idol, he would, in retrospect, have made it at least to the final 5 and perhaps all the way here, given his ability to win challenges.

At the time, I thought he would recognize that his alliance was done, even if he managed to make the right 50/50 guess in that one council. We still had overwhelming numbers on our side and one loss would not have dissuaded the villagers from sticking together. I thought he would look out for #1 there. That he didn't is a credit to him personally.

You and I have now picked that nit to its death
Old 06-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #562
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
I love Racer and want to make 10,000 babies with him.
I shortened your answer in case anyone is just skimming.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:34 PM   #563
Thomkal
Head Coach

Wanted to add a couple things before I forgot them.

1) I never told my alliance members or tribe members just how good my physical skills were. They knew that I had several good ones, but I think I would have been seen as more of a threat if they had known I rated Good in Aim and Strength, and Excellent in Stamina and Scrappy. Those Excellents served me incredibly well during the entire game.

2) Due to my Olympic experience, I was more prepared to compete in Survivor. I was able to raise two of my skills by one level. I chose Teamwork, which was Average at the time, and Food, which was also Average. That Good Teamwork certainly helped our tribe in the team challenges. I didn't really want to take Food, but given my food "weakness" I felt I needed to make sure I never got hit with that penalty, and I wasn't sure how that mechanic was going to play out at the start of the game. I should have chosen Puzzles I think, which was Average. I think I would have won a few more challenges there. My Find skill was Poor, which I wasn't allowed to raise, and that certainly hurt me in some challenges.

3) I created my own Daily Action which I never told anybody about. If you reread the rules you will notice, "Miscellaneous action approved by the moderator: Feel free to contact the moderator about spending your effort points on something outside of this list."

I really wanted to take advantage of that, so I created a "judge somebody". It was an action I could use multiple times in a day either around camp or during a challenge. It allowed me to find out a rating of the person I chose, getting more info if I used more actions on the person.

Sadly I didn't think this up to right before the merge and with my food problems didn't get to use it. I found out for instance Danny was Excellent at Puzzles. I hinted that I thought Danny would be good at puzzles to my alliance but never told them how I knew that. So more incentive to get rid of you Danny on my part.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #564
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
I shortened your answer in case anyone is just skimming.

Many thanks! Babies are pretty cool.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #565
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Also, Thomkal had a biomechanical exoskeleton, and could shoot lasers out of his eyes.

And he still got his butt kicked in challenges by a mathematician.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #566
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I'm drinking now, by the way.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #567
Thomkal
Head Coach

I hope your daughter feels better soon Chesa! I will be offline for a couple hours, but will return to answer any remaining questions before the deadline.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #568
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Also, Thomkal had a biomechanical exoskeleton, and could shoot lasers out of his eyes.

And he still got his butt kicked in challenges by a mathematician.

How did you find out I was the Six Million Dollar Man? I clearly need that million dollar prize so I can improve myself and win all the challenges next time.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:45 PM   #569
SnDvls
Pro Starter

So Racer tried to screw me in the WW tribe, but it backfired, and in the end if he would have stuck with me and used the idol on me the three of us would have gone even futher in the game. funny how that worked out
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #570
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I hope your daughter feels better soon Chesa!

Thanks, Thomkal. This is last call for questions for me. If I can make it on before the vote, of course I will, but it seems unlikely at this point.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #571
heybrad
Norm!!!

Will there be a fan favorite vote, and if yes, where do I collect my check?
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #572
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
Will there be a fan favorite vote, and if yes, where do I collect my check?

That's a great idea. I'll see if we have enough fans, after tonight's vote, to warrant it.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #573
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
I'm drinking now, by the way.

Autumn, I've really enjoyed this and I wanted to thank you for putting it together and running it. I appreciate all the work you put in.

Thomkal and ML, we've had to take some shots in each others' direction here to make our case for the jury, but I wanted to say that I enjoyed working with both of you very much in this game. We earned our way to this point. And, although I certainly want to win, there will be no shame at all should I lose to one of you outstanding Survivors.

So hoist a couple for me -- we deserve every drop!

I'm outta here.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:06 PM   #574
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm going to have to head out for the evening in an hour or so ... would have liked to be here for the moderator Q&A thing as the votes are announced but it just isn't going to break that way.

For what it is worth, I'm going to cast a vote for the person that I think played the "best" game in getting to the final three. I've made my statement about what scumballs (in a good way?) certain members of my alliance were, but ultimately they did what they needed to do to get in the final three and give themselves the best chance to win.

I've been a little more melodramatic about my plight in the thread to try and make the conversation more interesting in a thread that really fell by the wayside as the game turned into a PM exercise over the last week. And maybe I would keep at that angle for awhile longer, but I'm running out of time.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:07 PM   #575
hoopsguy
General Manager

Would love to collaborate with the other jurors on where to vote here - because vote fixing is the name of the game here - but they aren't around either. So I'll just PM them and let the late voters act with more complete information, assuming that is OK with Autumn.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #576
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Would love to collaborate with the other jurors on where to vote here - because vote fixing is the name of the game here - but they aren't around either. So I'll just PM them and let the late voters act with more complete information, assuming that is OK with Autumn.

Yeah. At this point, I don't want to say which way I'm leaning to the final 3, but if possible I'd like to avoid being the only person to vote for someone.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #577
Autumn
Head Coach

Technically I shouldn't have even let you guys discuss your votes amongst yourselves, per Survivor rules. I thought that wouldn't work so well in this case. Hoops, I think you should put in a vote one way or the other before you leave.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #578
hoopsguy
General Manager

Oh, I'm sending the vote to you Autumn. Just wanted to know if it was kosher to PM the other voters or not. Sounds like answer is "no".
Old 06-24-2010, 04:29 PM   #579
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
So Racer tried to screw me in the WW tribe, but it backfired, and in the end if he would have stuck with me and used the idol on me the three of us would have gone even futher in the game. funny how that worked out

Ha, sadly true.

The funny thing is that when we first merged, I thought you would have been the best candidate to give to the idol to based on our post counts. When you sent that PM to Ches about being on the outs with Danny and I, I flipped to Danny because 1.) If he believed what you said, I figured the villagers would try to vote for the least likely person to use the idol - the man in the middle 2.) They also might think you were lying and trying to get the villagers to vote for you on the assumption that we were going to give you the idol

I never considered using the idol on myself because I figured they would be to afraid to vote for me.

As far as giving my idol to someone else, I don't really think it was noble. I was playing to win and you almost always need to be part of a core alliance to win. In recent seasons of Survivor players who fight the most for their core alliance seem to end up on top.

I really felt the move was in my own best interest otherwise I wouldn't have made it. Also if it backfired, I thought 1.) It might give me both Danny's and SnDvls's votes if I somehow made it to the end and 2.) it might make me come across as more trustworthy to any villagers who had thoughts of flipping.

Plus I'm a big fan of Survivor and thought it would be more fun to pass the idol.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:33 PM   #580
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

This seems to be winding down, and I don't think there's going to be a closing argument, so here's my summary of why you should vote for me:

- I formed an alliance on the first day, and that alliance held for the entire game. Everyone figured out two-thirds of that alliance pretty ealry on, but they didn't realize I was the third member until it was too late to do anything about it.

- I'm the only one sitting here who managed to win an immunity challenge. That's despite being stuck with the mighty "mathematician" persona, which would have been great if we needed to figure out how to split a restaurant bill but didn't come in very handy in the wild.

- One of those immunities was the final one. If I don't win that, I'm probably sitting on the jury right now and Darth is up here winning a million dollars.

- I didn't just make it to the finals, but I went through the entire game without ever even being a target. In seven tribal councils, I got one vote -- and that was a throwaway during a council where I wasn't at any risk. (By the way, special thanks to Heybrad for ruining my no-hitter there.)

- I manged to do all of that despite never having played WW, not knowing who (almost) any of you were, and being generally speaking a very dumb person.

- I never once, not one single time, used any PMs to speculate about how attractive your female family members were. I'm not saying Thomkal and chesapeake did that. I'm not saying they didn't. You know what, I've said too much. Forget I brought it up.

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 06-24-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #581
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I've sent in my vote and don't plan on changing it. I don't really care if I'm the only vote or not.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:27 PM   #582
heybrad
Norm!!!

My vote is in as well.

Autumn... if you need me for FOFC Survivor All-Stars Season 20 just let me know.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:38 PM   #583
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Sending in the vote now. I'm comin back with a vengeance next time, be warned!!!!!!

See you in the sequel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:51 PM   #584
Autumn
Head Coach

We have almost four hours left, but it does seem like things are winding down. If any of the other final three want to make a closing statement, a final plea for a vote, that's good.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:53 PM   #585
Autumn
Head Coach

And if anyone who did not play the game wants to place a Fan's Favorite vote, for your pick out of all of the contestants, you can PM me. If I get enough of those I'll announce that winner as well.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:34 PM   #586
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Autumn, I've really enjoyed this and I wanted to thank you for putting it together and running it. I appreciate all the work you put in.

Thomkal and ML, we've had to take some shots in each others' direction here to make our case for the jury, but I wanted to say that I enjoyed working with both of you very much in this game. We earned our way to this point. And, although I certainly want to win, there will be no shame at all should I lose to one of you outstanding Survivors.

So hoist a couple for me -- we deserve every drop!

I'm outta here.

Same here-it was hard for me to say anything negative about you guys. We deserved to be in the Final 3, and I'll be happy for whomever wins. And I certainly want to win too.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:45 PM   #587
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm guessing everybody's made up their mind by now, so I'll skip a closing statement. But if anyone hasn't voted yet and wants to ask a question, feel free, I'll be around till the official vote.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #588
chesapeake
College Starter

The baby is quiet atm. If anyone has anything to ask, I'll try and respond. But it does look like the votes have been cast.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #589
Thomkal
Head Coach

what's the square root of 42?
Old 06-24-2010, 09:13 PM   #590
chesapeake
College Starter

6.something. Where's the math whiz when you need him? Slacker.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #591
Thomkal
Head Coach

good luck guys
Old 06-24-2010, 09:30 PM   #592
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Sorry, I was volunteering at the orphanage. It's terrible, they're going to foreclose on the place unless they somehow get a million dollars in the next few hours.

Anyways, what's up?
Old 06-24-2010, 09:32 PM   #593
Racer
College Benchwarmer

So Autumn, are you going to wait 5 months to reveal the results of the vote like they do in the TV show?
Old 06-24-2010, 09:32 PM   #594
Autumn
Head Coach

THE JURY VOTE

Let's make sure we welcome our three final contestants: Chesapeake, Maple Leafs and Thomkal. You survived 14 days on the Islands of FOFC to be the last ones standing.

And let's welcome our jury: SnDvls, Danny, Hoopsguy, Racer, Heybrad and Darth Vilus. The last six contestants to be voted out, you will decide the winner of this season's Survivor.

You have had your chance to ask question. You have made your votes. Now we'll read the votes.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:32 PM   #595
Autumn
Head Coach

I see all of our final three are sitting here. Do any of you have a brief last statement to make?
Old 06-24-2010, 09:33 PM   #596
Thomkal
Head Coach

lol Maple
Old 06-24-2010, 09:33 PM   #597
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I'd just like to point out that we're all clean-shaven, well-dressed, and somehow about 80 lbs heavier then we were a few minutes ago.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #598
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think we made the right decision taking each other to the Final Three, so we're all winners (and we want a share of the money)
Old 06-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #599
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm afraid that the Survivor rules strictly prohibit sharing the prize money Two of you will go home penniless tonight.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:37 PM   #600
Thomkal
Head Coach

bah humbug