Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2019, 02:29 AM   #501
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I like Ron Rivera but they’ve lost 11 out of 12 games maybe? Seems like he might be the first coaching casualty this year unless they can bounce back soon and start playing Panther football.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 03:21 AM   #502
RendeR
Coordinator

I think Rivera is done no matter where they end up. I don't think they'll continue putting up with doing just enough to lose every week.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:25 AM   #503
PilotMan
Head Coach

Didn't watch any of the game last night, then read this, and if this is how it was, then.....ooooof, how long will the game last played like this?

hxxps://deadspin.com/interminable-mike-pereira-rules-monologue-interrupted-s-1838087173

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:57 AM   #504
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Dolphins give Minkah Fitzpartick permission to seek a trade.

I don't get this move at all. If you are rebuilding, this is the exact sort of good young player that you keep so you can rebuild around him.

I mean, tanking for a draft pick is one thing. And getting value for older players who won't be round on the other side of the rebuild makes sense.

But this is a good young player. He's a piece they will have to replace as they rebuild. So why not just keep him?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:07 PM   #505
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Empty cupboard!

Also, Cam & Rivera deserve their share of the criticism, but that OL & the LT in particular were brutal last night. It's not like Shaq Barrett is an elite edge rusher.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 01:05 PM   #506
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Jesus the Giants are bad.

I don't ever remember a half of football where so many offensive players are open by 15 yards.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 01:13 PM   #507
sabotai
General Manager

At this rate, James Bettcher won't make it to the end of the season. The defense has been atrocious so far.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #508
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm becoming more of a believer of the Cards offense today...
Old 09-15-2019, 03:02 PM   #509
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Brady still in the game up 37 with 5 minutes left and throwing the ball downfield. BB is a savage
Old 09-15-2019, 03:06 PM   #510
bhlloy
Coordinator

Cousins is such a below average QB. That contract is an absolute abomination.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 03:07 PM   #511
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I'm becoming more of a believer of the Cards offense today...

And I’m becoming more of a believer of the Ravens offense today. It’s intriguing, they are willing to use most anyone in most any situation...burner WR on quick curls, TEs on deep outs, all RBs catching passes or between the tackles. It’s sorta like the Dutch “complete football” concept. With this QB, could be awfully tough to defend.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 03:44 PM   #512
Atocep
Coordinator

Well we already have a contender for worst unnecessary roughness call of the year. Leonard Floyd throws a running back to the ground in the backfield and gets flagged.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:00 PM   #513
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Brady still in the game up 37 with 5 minutes left and throwing the ball downfield. BB is a savage
Gotta get Brady and the new WR's some reps in the preseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
And I’m becoming more of a believer of the Ravens offense today. It’s intriguing, they are willing to use most anyone in most any situation...burner WR on quick curls, TEs on deep outs, all RBs catching passes or between the tackles. It’s sorta like the Dutch “complete football” concept. With this QB, could be awfully tough to defend.
I'm not claiming I knew he'd be this good, but I always thought Jackson could throw accurately enough in college, even if he didn't have the rocket arm where he can drive the ball into tight pockets. As much as people want to yell at analysts it was honestly weirder that the Ravens forced him to run that shell of an offense last year.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:10 PM   #514
Thomkal
Head Coach

I have to think Josh Rosen is wondering what he did to piss off God.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:20 PM   #515
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Last edited by tucker rocky : 09-15-2019 at 04:25 PM.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:31 PM   #516
bhlloy
Coordinator

Walt Anderson just absolutely fucked the Saints again. Whatever happened to letting it play itself out and sorting it out on replay?

The standard of refereeing in the NFL just continues to go into the toilet. Every week more and more marginal flags impacting the game in negative ways.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:41 PM   #517
Atocep
Coordinator

This is what Leonard Floyd was flagged for.

Old 09-15-2019, 04:47 PM   #518
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

There's speculation that Adam Vinatieri might be retiring tomorrow after a dismal start to the season.

Adam Vinatieri vows “You’ll hear from me tomorrow” after more struggles in Week 2 - Stampede Blue
Old 09-15-2019, 04:57 PM   #519
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Walt Anderson just absolutely fucked the Saints again. Whatever happened to letting it play itself out and sorting it out on replay?

The standard of refereeing in the NFL just continues to go into the toilet. Every week more and more marginal flags impacting the game in negative ways.

I’m not a conspiracy guy. But Saints/Rams brings me close to the edge.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:14 PM   #520
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
There's speculation that Adam Vinatieri might be retiring tomorrow after a dismal start to the season.

Adam Vinatieri vows “You’ll hear from me tomorrow” after more struggles in Week 2 - Stampede Blue

He better not quit on the team!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 05:26 PM   #521
bhlloy
Coordinator

Anybody want to tell the Raiders secondary that Mahomes can throw more than 25 yards downfield? Holy crap.

Last edited by bhlloy : 09-15-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:25 PM   #522
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Refs f'd up that offside. Shouldn't have been at the 1. The Broncos had the first 5 yard penalty.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 06:28 PM   #523
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Refs f'd up that offside. Shouldn't have been at the 1. The Broncos had the first 5 yard penalty.

Was just coming here for this. How does a false start + offside = the ball gets closer to the end zone for the try? That makes no sense
Old 09-15-2019, 06:32 PM   #524
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Was just coming here for this. How does a false start + offside = the ball gets closer to the end zone for the try? That makes no sense

That's the discussion I'm having on discord with a friend. How was that call and how did no one of the bears staff notice it?
Old 09-15-2019, 06:33 PM   #525
Butter
Coordinator

Bears win anyway. Make up call to put one second on the clock.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:38 PM   #526
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The only upside to the NFL once again making me feel like an idiot for investing my time & passion into being a fan is it frees up tonight for me :-). Because there’s certainly no way that watching Sunday night football makes any sense at this point.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:14 PM   #527
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

That said, things do seem to be moving toward some sort of a head. I don’t see any change this season, but I could see some pretty radical changes this offseason—firing the people at the top, instituting a new training program, and moving to full time officials.

Unlike the CTE crisis, there are ways for the NFL to fix this without fundamentally changing the game.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 09-15-2019 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:16 PM   #528
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Yeah, hes a shitshow. Everything was going in his favor in the 2nd half and he blew it.

Although that interception in the back of the end zone at the very least needed to be reviewed. If that was a WR I think it would have been reversed. Of course in Green Bay, they wont even review that yet will call offensive interference off of a review against the Vikings(very questionable considering I think that is the first time they have called any type of interference off of a review). It always feels like the refs screw the Vikings playing in Green Bay. I can watch 10 college games on any given Saturday and feel the refs do a fine job and the majority of the time in the NFL I feel the refs are deciding games. Rant over!

Last edited by jbergey22 : 09-15-2019 at 07:17 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:17 PM   #529
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

I’m all for every team making the Dolphins pay for openly tanking.

Make it so painful that teams are reluctant to do it going forward.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:39 PM   #530
Jstraub
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Yeah, hes a shitshow. Everything was going in his favor in the 2nd half and he blew it.

Although that interception in the back of the end zone at the very least needed to be reviewed. If that was a WR I think it would have been reversed. Of course in Green Bay, they wont even review that yet will call offensive interference off of a review against the Vikings(very questionable considering I think that is the first time they have called any type of interference off of a review). It always feels like the refs screw the Vikings playing in Green Bay. I can watch 10 college games on any given Saturday and feel the refs do a fine job and the majority of the time in the NFL I feel the refs are deciding games. Rant over!

whine, whine, whine. Its the mantra of the losing teams' fans in the NFL these days and the NO game last year really opened the floodgates. Maybe if your teams fans whine enough they will make a special rule for you (a ala New Orleans Saints)

The vikings had 3 quarters to score > 21 points and beat the packers today. They didn't but apparently "... the refs are deciding games".

The saints got handled by the rams today and that missed fumble would have done nothing to change that but I'm sure ""... the refs are deciding games".

Look it sucks when your team loses, especially in a close game, but the NFL is now catering to the fans with every change to the replay system. Thats dangerous IMO. Where is it written that all wrongs must be righted? Life doesn't work that way, why should football?

And yeah, maybe college football doesn't have as many noticeable officiating gaffes but most of those games are decided by the middle of the second quarter. Who cares if Arkansas State got a terrible spot on 4 and 1. They lost 55 -0 to Georgia (i.e., nobodies watching and if they are they dont care). At least most NFL games are competitive into the 4th quarter.

If you dont like it, stop watching. Ironically, that action will have the greatest impact on games.
Jstraub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:29 PM   #531
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
The only upside to the NFL once again making me feel like an idiot for investing my time & passion into being a fan is it frees up tonight for me :-). Because there’s certainly no way that watching Sunday night football makes any sense at this point.

I saw 3 personal fouls that have no place being called (Floyd, Goldman, Chubb) in the Bears/Broncos game. They called holding on Garrett Brolles 4 times and could have called it another half dozen. Missing a holding call though doesn't seem to impact the overall enjoyment of the game anywhere near as much as seeing terrible personal foul calls. The personal foul calls tend be to be game changers and it's frustrating to see what should clearly legal hits flagged.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:43 PM   #532
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

At least it's only through next season. He lost that game, plain and simple. No game winning drives since 2017 with that defense and receiver pair is pathetic.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:58 PM   #533
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I’m all for every team making the Dolphins pay for openly tanking.

Make it so painful that teams are reluctant to do it going forward.

Me too.

I have them at 30-1 to not win a game. After todays shitshow it dropped to 3-1.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:18 PM   #534
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstraub View Post
Where is it written that all wrongs must be righted?

The entire point. The refs selectively chose what to review. Ive hated replay since it first came out. They arent fixing wrongs. They are selectively choosing when to fix wrongs.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:22 PM   #535
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

The Eagles are down 3 wide receivers and a TE this game. Going to make it tough to comeback.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:44 PM   #536
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
The Eagles are down 3 wide receivers and a TE this game. Going to make it tough to comeback.

Matt Ryan is making it a lot easier, though.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 09:53 PM   #537
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The entire point. The refs selectively chose what to review. Ive hated replay since it first came out. They arent fixing wrongs. They are selectively choosing when to fix wrongs.

I've been in the sauce.
So my memory isn't supporting me.

But who was it whomsaisdd " the essence of tyranny isnt iron fist rule of law it's capricious law"
Applies here as well
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 10:03 PM   #538
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I've been in the sauce.
So my memory isn't supporting me.

But who was it whomsaisdd " the essence of tyranny isnt iron fist rule of law it's capricious law"
Applies here as well

Nice comparison, I think you nailed it. Christopher Hitchens
Old 09-15-2019, 10:22 PM   #539
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Tanking is unethical and the people who advocate that strategy are not true fans of the sport or their own team.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:06 AM   #545
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
This is what Leonard Floyd was flagged for.

Welp, refs made up for it for it with the call on Bradley Chubb on the game winning drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Tanking is unethical and the people who advocate that strategy are not true fans of the sport or their own team.
I could care less about unethical if it's the NBA, or maybe even Week 16/17 where you basically toss a game so you get pick #3 instead of #8. It's just dumb in the NFL for a season, especially when there isn't some generational QB prospect sitting there.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:01 AM   #546
PilotMan
Head Coach

Football is more broken than ever. It's been 2 weeks of real games and I've watched maybe 6 snaps. Game changing penalties for playing the game, reviewing and awarding marginal pass interference calls has just broken it. I get why they are doing it, but....it's not good.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:17 AM   #547
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

My Week 2 way too early assessment of the league:

NFC Playoff teams: Rams, 49ers, Packers, Falcons, Cowboys, Eagles.

AFC Playoff teams: Pats, Bills, Colts, Texans, Chiefs, Ravens.

Pats will not go 16-0 (but it will be close)
Dolphins will go 0-16 (full blown team mutiny)

I'm weirdly confident about that AFC prediction. The NFC less so because the Bears or Vikings or Seahawks could all sneak into that 6th spot.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:27 AM   #548
Kodos
Resident Alien

The Falcons game last night was very entertaining. Glad Atlanta pulled out the victory.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:29 AM   #549
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Maybe he can play for the Dolphins!
Old 09-16-2019, 09:33 AM   #550
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post

Fans should not go to Dolphins games. Hit ownership in the wallet.