Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-03-2009, 05:14 PM   #1
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Disco Stu and the Lions in Blue (1974 Lions)

Many thanks to Nilodoor and his historical rosters and drafts as this is what will be used for this Dynasty.

The goal is to correct the ineptness of the Lions franchise over the years and try and get them into the Superbowl.

I am not going to rename the expansion teams or anything, but we are going to start in 1974.

MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
MacroGuru
Coordinator

1974 what a year as we saw a lot happen in all different areas politcally, socially, economically and even in sports. Disco evolved into mainstream and one of the top known business minds from the era named Stu Thomas was signed as the GM for the Detroit, the kicker here is his age, the Fords went with this 23 year old genius without batting an eye. Their reasoning behind it, is to get him in young and let him grow and evolve himself into this position for the future of the Lions.

When asked, Ford Sr stated "This man should be with this club for as long as I am, we are definitely paying him enough."

His young dress and penchant for Disco gave him the nickname, Disco Stu. And this is his story.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
MacroGuru
Coordinator

74 Season.

He didn't have much to work with as far as talent offensively, this team was known for it's defense and no nonsense secondary.

QB's Greg Landry and Sam Wyche were battling for the starting spot.

The team had needs at ILB, QB and C and he was bound and determined to fix that problem quickly through a youth transition focusing on trying to pick up draft picks.

He acquired next seasons 1st and a 2nd in 75 from SD for S Willie Germany and a future 1st and 4th.

The team went 2 - 2 in the preseason with FS Dick Jauron taking a beating and getting injured.

He sat with Head Coach Chris Edwards and convinced him to take a ball control style on offense.

6 weeks into the season the Lions were 4 - 1 with their only loss to division rival Minnesota.

Week 8 C Ed Flannigan breaks his ankle and is placed on IR for the remainder of the season. At this point Detroit is now 6-1, Disco Stu has not done a lot yet, but his suggestions on who is to be utilized has been listened to every game.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
MacroGuru
Coordinator

74 Season

Week 12 sees the MLB's take a beating as Jim Laslavic is out for 4 weeks due to a separated shoulder and his back up Ed O'Neil is out for 3 weeks with a sprained knee forcing Disco Stu to go to free agency and he brings in MLB Gail Clark as a stop gap for 3 weeks. Also, Detroit is now 8 - 3 and fighting for a wild card spot.

While Week 13 sees FS Dick Jauron go out for 8 weeks due to a dislocated Elbow and his backup Doug Wyatt is out for the season with a back injury and placed on injured reserve. Disco Stu was faced with a major problem at this point in time and thats looking into the future if the Lions get deep into the playoffs will he need his defensive backfield leader in Jauron, will Jauron be ready to play?

He bites the bullet and places both of his FS's on IR and brings in rookie FS Graham Dodge and 2nd year man Ben Lowry. These men were to only be used as backups as the Lions shift their talented SS Charlie West into the starting spot.

A week 17 loss to Green Bay at Green Bay sees the Lions out of the playoffs.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
MacroGuru
Coordinator

1974 Superbowl: Dallas vs Pittsburgh

1974 Champions: Pittsburgh Steelers

Super Bowl MVP: QB Terry Bradshaw
OPOY: RB O.J. Simpson
DPOY: DE Carl Eller

As for Disco Stu, he lets all the expiring contracts expire as he is adamant about bringing in talent during the off season.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
MacroGuru
Coordinator

1975 Offseason:

The NFL signs a new 6-year television contract!

The salary cap will rise $2,800,000 each year over the life of the contract.

This year, it increased to $25,900,000.

The league's minimum salary has risen $10,000 to $60,000.

Disco Stu wants to fire OC Ricky Hastings but the Fords have limited his money to offer on an OC and it leaves him out of the park for the OC's he wants to bring on board.

Lead Scout Matthew Money also gets the axe as he goes after Austin Mannelly.

WR Ron Jessie was franchised and MLB Ed O'Neill was sent to the Summer League.

Free Agency is next on his list.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:54 PM   #7
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Coming into Free Agency there are 31 players on the roster, the Lions have 2 1st round picks, both in the mid round and will be looking to move up in the top 10, ideally #1 with Carolina as Walter Payton is in this class and would love to bring him to Motown.

Free Agent Signings Ranked from Top rating to lowest.

Code:
Name | Number | Position Blue, Forrest 51 C Manders, Dave 55 C Durko, Sandy 22 SS Thomas, Duane 30 RB Willard, Ken 42 FB Kingrea, Rick 96 MLB Hooker, Fair 85 FL Nobis, Tommy 99 MLB Sweeney, Walt 61 LG Reaves, Ken 48 LCB Daney, George 64 RG Bailey, Jim 72 LDT Plunkett, Jim 14 QB Havig, Dennis 66 RG

Couldn't get Carolina to bite on the trade, it looks like Walter Payton will be a Panther, but I did get Seattle to trade the #2 pick at a cost of 3 1sts to do it.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 02-06-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:19 PM   #8
MacroGuru
Coordinator

1975 Draft - Detroit Lions

1st Round - QB Steve Bartowski
2nd Round - DE George Martin
3rd Round - ILB Rusty Chambers
4th Round - WR Freddie Solomon (Traded with Houston Texans to get this pick)
5th Round - DT Dave Pear
6th Round - DE John Banazsak
7th Round - RB Mike Thomas
Old 02-07-2009, 12:10 PM   #9
MacroGuru
Coordinator

1975 - Season

The Lions went 2-2 for the preseason Bartowski beat out Plunkett for the starting job at QB but in the last game of the season sprained his knee and will be out for the first 2 weeks of the season.

Right now going into the season the Lions are beat up on the defensive front seeing 4 starters out for the first 2 weeks minimum.

The biggest problem is the linebacking crew are all disgruntled and unhappy with Paul Naumoff demanding a trade. Stu has been stoic and refusing to make the trade, but it might have to happen but there will have to be a 1st round pick in play in order to make it happen.

Plunkett took the team 1-1 and the Bartowski played so horrible in his game back Plunkett took the reigns over again and the Lions were at 2-2 going into their bye week at week 5.

Week 5 also saw Detroit ship a back LB and DT Herb Davis plus a 76 3rd to Carolina for their 1st round pick...

It freed up playing time for a lot of the younger backups that were getting upset and got the young talent starting at DT.

Week 9 sees Detroit at 5-3 fighting for the wild card spot. Minnesota leads the Division at 7-2 right now.

A self destruction at the end of the season sent them out of the playoffs. So in Week 17 Bartkowski gets his 2nd start of the season and leads the team to a win over Green Bay with Detroit finishing 8-8
Old 02-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #10
MacroGuru
Coordinator

1975 Superbowl - New York Jets (14-5) vs Minnesota (13-4-1)

Broadway Joe vs Fran and company..looks to be a great game as both teams are almost identical in how they are built.

1975 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS - NEW YORK JETS
1975 SUPER BOWL MVP - NYJ QB Joe Namath

1975 League MVP - NYJ QB Joe Namath
1975 OPOY - NYJ QB Joe Namath
1975 DPOY - LAR DE Fred Dryer
1975 OROY - CAR RB Walter Payton
1975 DROY - OAK DE Mark Mullaney

Two Lions made the All Pro as backups DE Jim Mitchell and CB Levi Johnson.

In hindsight, Detroit should have picked up Mark Mullaney at the 2nd overall pick but the need at QB was to big.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #11
MacroGuru
Coordinator

1976 Offseason

Staff Hiring -

The offensive output had some bright spots but nothing like it should be and 2 late season collapses forces Stu to run out and grab a new OC and a new HC.

OC - Wesley Bucy
HC - Clay Walters (Was NE DC last season)

Free Agency

Detroit goes into the offseason with only 35 under contract and is looking to make another splash. But the biggest need is to ensure SS Mike Weger stays in Detroit,
Old 02-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #12
MacroGuru
Coordinator

1976 Draft - Not a lot of big name talent to try and move up for, we are drafting at 11th overall and will take what comes to us.

Right now I know our needs are DT and G, but the player that falls to us at this spot we can't pass up, it helps us out on the offense.

1st Round - RB Chuck Muncie

In the second round we take best player at the spot for the need.

2nd Round - DT Abdul Salaam

In the 3rd we take a bit of a reach because we do not have a 4th and bring in a hometown favorite at CB

3rd Round - CB Aaron Kyle
5th Round - WR Duke Ferguson
6th Round - T Brad Oates
7th Round - WR Sammy White

Heading into camp it looks like Brad and Sammy won't survive and Muncie has a chance to take over the starting RB position over Duane Thomas.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:55 PM   #13
MacroGuru
Coordinator

1976 Pre Season

We have a young duo at QB and RB respectively but both have earned the spot beating out the veterans in camps but we will see how they do in pre season.

Brad Oates ended up gaining weight in the off season and shifting to LT to be the backup over there and I think he will be fine.

But the biggest change will be shifting the defense into a 3-4.

With the addition of Muncie in the Backfield and Bartkowski and Plunkett at QB we have a potent clock eating offense and it shoes in the 3-1 pre season that Detroit has.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:58 PM   #14
MacroGuru
Coordinator

1976 Season

Week 1 @ Chicago - Muncie gets his first true start as a Lion and racks up 87 yards on 19 carries while Bartkowski has a horrible day but hits TE Charlie Sanders twice in the end zone for the 17 - 14 win. Defensively we were tough and racked up 5 sacks.

Week 2 vs Jacksonville - It's the Chuck Muncie show as he racks up 147 yards on 30 carries. Bartkowski was almost flawless going 15 for 19 and 172 yards. Defensively we are swarming and had 8 sacks this game, and Mike Weger has had a pick a game. This one ended in a 23 - 0 shutout.

Week 3 vs Carolina - More Muncie as he runs for 136 yards on 33 attempts but the player this game was Bartkowski as he went 18 for 19 on his passing, 171 yards and 2 TDs his rating was an impressive 139.2. Defensively we were solid but did not have to face Payton due to an injury. This was a 30 - 3 route.

Week 4 vs Los Angeles - They figured us out, stopping Muncie for 57 yards getting inside Bartkowski's head and forcing him to play his worst game ever. RB Lawrence McCutcheon was amazing for the Rams and QB Jaworski was able to keep away from our defense. The loss amounted to 23 - 7.

Week 5 - BYE - Our injuries are taking a toll on us, guys are wore out and just beat up...I have WR Freddie Solomon out with a strained hammy and our backup WILB out as well. Brad Oates broke his wrist and is gone for the season our starting FB gone for the season with a severe hamstring pull. I am going to see if I can pick up a WR on trade or something here for the trade deadline. And we pull one off giving up picks and players to the Steelers for WR Frank Lewis who was unhappy in Pittsburgh.

Week 6 @ Green Bay - Bartkowski gets back up and has another close to perfect game, 14 for 15, 141 yards, 1 TD for a 130 rating. This game was won by our defense that didn't take the man handling by the Rams to well. 3 picks and 3 sacks plus sending Concannon running for his life. This game was a 26 - 10 win.

Week 7 @ San Francisco - They took a page right out of LA's book and got into Bartkowski's head and stopped Muncie too. Losing our starting RDE and WLB for the game didn't help either. This loss happened though because our defense couldn't stop them in the 4th qtr giving up a TD with 2 minutes left. 20 - 17. We are still tied with Minnesota in the division 4-2.

Week 8 vs Seattle - A win, 29-28 vs the 1-5 Seahawks, what is there to say other than Muncie and the defense kept us in this game.

Week 9 vs Chicago - Turning the corner, midway through the season. A great all around played game as Muncie goes over 100 yards again, Bartkowski goes near perfect and the defense gets 8 sacks. I look at the division though and GB and Chicago are at 1-7 now respectively. Meanwhile we are tied with Minnesota at 6-2

Week 10 @ St. Louis - Great news, we have Solomon back for this game so our WR threat is definitely potent now as we are 4 deep in talent across the board plus Charlie Sanders. We did everything we could to win this game except for stop their 2 minute offense. We hang our heads on this one as we head into the locker room with a 31 - 27 loss.

Week 11 @ Minnesota - We win, we move back into a tie in the division and are still dueling to get into the playoffs a loss sets us that much farther out. Defensively we were in Frans head the entire game, Muncie put the offense on his shoulders to lead us to the win in OT 30 - 27 and we now own the division and a chance at getting into the playoffs.

Week 12 vs Baltimore Colts - The Colts beat us in our own game, Ball control and it hurt bad. They kept our offense off the field for most of the game effectively shutting us down and wearing out the defense. a 24 - 17 loss.

Week 13 @ NY Giants - 24 - 19 Loss and the injuries have finally caught up with us. We have a pathwork OL and it is like a sieve, Bartkowski is running for his life now every time he touches the ball. This pushes us out even further from the playoffs. I refuse to finish 8-8 again, we need to win out.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #15
MacroGuru
Coordinator

For those reading along, sorry if it switches a bit, I am trying to find the best style for me to write on this Dynasty.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #16
Autumn
Head Coach

No problem, it's been interesting so far. Good luck!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #17
MacroGuru
Coordinator

1976 Season Continued

Week 14 @ Houston Texans - A trip that cures what ails you. 17 - 9 win.

Week 15 vs Green Bay - Bartkowski manages the game almost perfectly and the defense wrecks havoc on route to a 38 - 13 win.

Week 16 @ Baltimore Ravens - I don't know how we lost this game, we dominated statistically but they were a bend don't break defense and forced us into some FGs early on that we should have gotten a TD off of. However, 9-6 we still have our wild card spot.

Week 17 vs Minnesota - What can you say, our playoff hopes hinge on this game, Minnesota has secured their spot at 11-4, we are in a must win situation and some of our vets are tired.

Not much to say, Fran sliced and diced us on this one. Not having Muncie out there to control the ground game hurt. Bartkowski played a hell of a game and at 9-7 we didn't make the playoffs again.

EDIT: Game crashed on me before I could save it, I had to resim from Week 14.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 02-08-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:59 PM   #18
MacroGuru
Coordinator

1976 Post Season (Winning Teams in Bold)

Wild Card
Buffalo @ Miami
St. Louis @ Atlanta
Kansas City @ Baltimore Colts
Washington@ Dallas

Divisional Games
Baltimore Colts @ Pittsburgh
Atlanta @ Los Angeles
Miami @ San Diego
Dallas @ Minnesota

Fran and company are tough, and who I hope make it.

Conference Championships
San Diego @ Pittsburgh
Atlanta @ Minnesota

1976 SUPER BOWL

Minnesota @ Pittsburgh

18....that's the number of seconds left on the clock when Minnesota kicker Fred Cox put the game winner through the uprights from 35 yards out. it was a great game as both QB's methodically dissected both defenses.

Code:
Award Player Team Player of the Year Dan Fouts SDO Front Office Bowl MVP Fran Tarkenton MIN Offensive Player of the Year Dan Fouts SDO Defensive Player of the Year Ted Hendricks CLE **Offensive Rookie of the Year Chuck Muncie DET Defensive Rookie of the Year Mike Haynes HOU All-League First Team Quarterback Dan Fouts SDO All-League First Team Running Back Lawrence McCutcheon LAS All-League First Team Fullback Sam Cunningham NED All-League First Team Tight End Charle Young PHI All-League First Team Wide Receiver Harold Carmichael PHI All-League First Team Wide Receiver David Knight NJY All-League First Team Center Wayne Mulligan NJY All-League First Team Offensive Guard Tom Mack LAS All-League First Team Offensive Guard Bob Kuechenberg MIA All-League First Team Offensive Tackle George Kunz ATL All-League First Team Offensive Tackle Dave Foley BUF All-League First Team Punter Bob Parsons CHI **All-League First Team Kicker Errol Mann DET All-League First Team Defensive End John Dutton BAC All-League First Team Defensive End John Zook ATL All-League First Team Defensive Tackle Otis Sistrunk OAK All-League First Team Defensive Tackle Joe Greene PIT All-League First Team Inside Linebacker Jim LeClair CIN All-League First Team Outside Linebacker Ted Hendricks CLE All-League First Team Outside Linebacker Mike Kolen MIA All-League First Team Cornerback Mike Haynes HOU All-League First Team Cornerback Curtis Johnson MIA All-League First Team Safety Dave Elmendorf LAS All-League First Team Safety Ken Houston WAS All-League Second Team Quarterback Joe Namath NJY All-League Second Team Running Back O.J. Simpson BUF All-League Second Team Fullback Larry Csonka MIA All-League Second Team Tight End Pat Curran SFO All-League Second Team Wide Receiver Lynn Swann PIT All-League Second Team Wide Receiver Don Herrmann ATL **All-League Second Team Center Forrest Blue DET All-League Second Team Offensive Guard Gene Upshaw OAK All-League Second Team Offensive Guard Blaine Nye DAL All-League Second Team Offensive Tackle Bob McKay CLE All-League Second Team Offensive Tackle Jon Kolb PIT All-League Second Team Punter Percy Sena BAL All-League Second Team Kicker Mark Moseley WAS All-League Second Team Defensive End Sweeny Williams GBY All-League Second Team Defensive End Jack Youngblood LAS All-League Second Team Defensive Tackle Earl Edwards BUF All-League Second Team Defensive Tackle Derland Moore NOS All-League Second Team Inside Linebacker Randy Gradishar DEN All-League Second Team Outside Linebacker Gerald Irons OAK All-League Second Team Outside Linebacker George Webster NED **All-League Second Team Cornerback Levi Johnson DET All-League Second Team Cornerback Mel Blount PIT All-League Second Team Safety Chuck Crist NYK All-League Second Team Safety Glen Edwards PIT League's Fastest Man Jim Beirne HOU League's Strongest Man Roger Finnie STL

Chuck Muncie outperformed all the other rookies and took the Rookie of the Year award and we also placed 3 all pro's.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 02-08-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #19
MacroGuru
Coordinator

1977 Offseason

Minnesota has most of their talent retire a few of their bigger names:

K Fred Cox
DB Paul Krause
QB Fran Tarkenton

For the Lions

Journeyman LB Tommy Norbis
Backup CB Ken Reaves

Staff Hiring

DC Deion Kennedy is out of contract and we are going to try and bring him back. He wants 940K, the Fords are only allowing 880K so we offer him that for 5 years and he decides to stay.

We franchise ILB Tim Kearney and send NT Abdul Salaam to the Summer League.

Free Agency

39 players under contract and our scout thinks we need starting DT, T, and G more than anything right now and we are going to try and get them through FA.

Our draft isn't going to be much, we do not have a 1st, 2nd or 4th right now but we will try and get a 1st here in a trade.

We fill up our roster through FA, 13 players all talented coming our way for 1-3 seasons.

As for the draft....we were not able to trade up.

But I wanted to post the 1st round for you to see...

Code:
1. Jacksonville - Stoudt, Cliff, QB, Youngstown State 2. Carolina - Ferragamo, Vince, QB, Nebraska 3. San Francisco - Johnson, Charlie, DT, Columbia 4. Houston T - Duhe, A.J., ILB, Louisiana State 5. Pittsburgh - Deberg, Steve, QB, San Jose State 6. Tampa Bay - Hayes, Lester, CB, Texas A&M 7. Chicago - Morgan, Stanley, WR, Tennessee 8. Cincinnati - Dorsett, Tony, RB, Pittsburgh 9. Denver - Romes, Charles, CB, North Central 10. Houston O - Harper, Bruce, RB, Kutztown 11. Dallas - Edwards, Herman, CB, California 12. Green Bay - Cromwell, Nolan, S, Kansas 13. Cincinnati - Ayers, John, G, Texas 14. Atlanta - Brown, Guy, OLB, Houston 15. New York J - Tyler, Wendell, RB, UCLA 16. New York G - Bell, Ricky, RB, Southern California 17. Tampa Bay - Frederick, Andy, T, New Mexico 18. Philadelphia - Green, Gary, CB, Baylor 19. Oakland - Davis, Oliver, CB, Tennessee State 20. New England - Kramer, Tommy, QB, Rice 21. Cleveland - Bokamper, Kim, OLB, San Jose State 22. Chicago - Beeson, Terry, ILB, Kansas 23. Buffalo - McClanahan, Randy, ILB, Louisiana - Lafayette 24. Baltimore C - Turner, J.T., G, Duke 25. Houston T - Faumuina, Wilson, DT, San Jose State 26. Seattle - Baker, Ron, G, Oklahoma State 27. Kansas City - Reihner, George, G, Penn State 28. Los Angeles - Allerman, Kurt, ILB, Penn State 29. Miami - Bauer, Hank, RB, California Lutheran 30. San Diego - Montgomery, Wilbert, RB, Abiline Christian 31. Pittsburgh - Albrecht, Ted, T, California 32. Minnesota - Smith, Laverne, RB, Kansas

3rd Round - DT Joe Klecko
5th Round - K Rick Danmier (Erol Mann will retire at the end of this season)
5th Round - CB Walter Packer
6th Round - G Randy Johnson
7th Round - C Dennis Swilley

It's looking like Dennis Swilley was a 7th round steal...34/72 right now...other than that...everyone else is filler or cut.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:54 PM   #20
MacroGuru
Coordinator

1977 Training Camp -

There was a specialist brought into camp to look at the positions and make suggestions and help players out on their regimens.

QBs - Bartkowski and Plunkett were told to Bulk up meanwhile Spurrier and Landry were told to keep it like it is.

RB - Almost all of them were told to bulk up..Muncie was just fine.

WR - Again, it looks like this team has been undersized everyone was told to bulk up.

OL - The Entire OL was undersized and was told to Bulk up.

K - Both of the place kickers were told to bulk up.

DL - The ends were told to trim down while half the DT's were told to bulk up.

LB - The LB's were fine

DBs - A couple of them needed to beef up, injury prone Weger from last season was one.

While normally a fan of the 3-4 the personnel this season fits better in the 4-3 setting.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 02-08-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:12 AM   #21
MacroGuru
Coordinator

1977 Preseason -

A 4 - 0 run in the preseason with everyone playing well and the injuries to backups and guys that rotated.

Not a bad way to start the year out....the next step is to see how we fair in regular play.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #22
MacroGuru
Coordinator

1977 Season -

Our young rookie kicker was talented enough in the off season that it helped with the decision to trade Erol Mann. We sent him, 3rd in 78 and a 2nd in 80 to Jacksonville for their #1 in 78. To me, a great get for a kicker. I know the rookie might lose a game or two for us this year, but it helps us get stronger, faster.

Week 1 vs Green Bay - The Muncie show continues as he racks up 160 yards on 27 carries, but injured FS Dick Jauron struggled through the bruised ribcage returning a punt for a TD, getting 4 tackles and 2 assists on the way to a 33 - 10 win.

Week 2 vs Pittsburgh - We lost WR Freddie Solomon for 21 weeks due to a Inguinal Hernia, it doesn't sound fun and I feel for him. Our depth at WR has now taken a hit and Fair Hooker is upset about being a backup, hopefully he pulls his head out now and steps up. This was a game where the QBs could almost do no wrong. However the one mistake Terry Bradshaw had, and INT to a rookie cost the Steelers the game, a 29-26 win for Detroit.

Week 3 @ Tampa Bay - Pittsburgh wasn't a costly win but RB Duane Thomas, Muncie's backup has a strained hammy and is day to day so we go out on the FA market and bring in Les Goodman while we let Duane heal on the inactive list. We couldn't rattle TB QB Steve Hunter and he was the difference in the game as the TB defense got to Bartkowski and fouled him up. A 13-10 loss hurts and quite frankly pisses me off.

Week 4 @ Dallas - Remember when I said the rookie kicker would lose a game for us, this was that game, missing 2 FG's, 1 in the 1st qtr the other a 49 yard fg in OT. Still we know we can hang with the playoff teams from last season we just have to finish games. This 20 - 17 loss stings and Chicago is 2-1 while we are 2-2

Week 5 @ Philadelphia - a 3rd game away from home and it's starting to wear and tear on the team, they are work out...Week 5 has been our bye for the past couple of seasons and it isn't this season. Muncie and our defense get after it leading us to a 30 - 20 win over the Eagles. Muncie had 168 yards and 2 TD's this game.

Week 6 vs New York Giants - Wow, our 3-2 record has us 3rd place in the division behind a 3-1 Chicago and 3-2 Minnesota. The Giants have our former starting QB as their man behind the center and our defense was chomping at the bit to get him and they did. This was a pure defensive win for us as we beat them 22 - 10 getting a Saftey, a pic and 5 sacks.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:24 PM   #23
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I haven't forgotten about the dynasty, just I have been working on the road non stop and haven't thought about the laptop and the dynasty, sleep has been all that matters.