Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-26-2009, 01:40 AM   #1
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Dynasty idea - thoughts?

I had an idea for a dynasty - or really an experiment I guess you'd call it. I've started writing it up a little, but thought I would post it here and see what people thought.

Basically my idea is to take FOF2K7, and start simming seasons. Each season I'd do a brief write-up of all the teams, how they did, note a star player, etc. At the end of each season, the team with the worst record would be eliminated from the dynasty and would not be tracked any further. If there was a tie I could decide by statistics which was the worst team. I would continue, with a team being eliminated each year, until there is only one winner left, the best team.

A bit of a twist to the system is an idea to reward teams that win the Super Bowl. For each Super Bowl win, a team would get an exemption from being eliminated for one year - basically if they were last, the exemption would be removed and the next-to-last team would go. This would really reward teams for sealing the deal and winning it all, which I think is appropriate in terms of being the best overall team.

Any thoughts on whether this would be interesting or how it could be improved?

Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #2
Travis
Pro Rookie

Would winning a super bowl bring a dead team back into the dynasty, or once you're out you're done?
Old 02-26-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

I like it, a FOFC survivor type format. Maybe throw in other twists, such as the team that the League MVP plays for can penalize another team in their League by picking a player on their roster to be waived or something like that. This would allow them to hurt stronger teams or rivals.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I thought about having winning a Super Bowl bring you back, but if that happened the thing could last forever. I think once you're out, you're out.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote