Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Life after Niagara and Wake Forest

This will be a mini dynasty spin off from my main College Hoops 2k8 dynasty. This thread will focus on the careers of some of my favorite players including Israel Simmons who led Niagara to prominence. Also, I'll track Marion Peterson who was projected to be a lottery pick after he left Wake Forest early. I'll also be following the careers of J.R. Sockwell and Vidal Chancler who led Wake Forest to a Final 4 the following year before going pro. I'll also follow the careers of each of the other top 5 guys (Chancler may not go top 5, but the others were projected to do so) in their respective draft classes.

I'll be simming to the approximate year that these guys would have entered the year. So we'll be losing most of the older NBA stars and guys like Lebron will be in their early-mid 30's and retire as we go.

I won't be editing rookies at all despite the issues with the way that rookies get imported into NBA 2k8 (and the game generated rookies have the same issues.) However, this hopefully won't be too big of an issue because the league will be well over 50% game generated/imported players by the time my guys get into the league.

I'll be controlling the Sixers but won't pick my guys unless they make the most sense. If there is a suggestion button (can't remember if there is), I'll use that instead.

I won't be making any trades to better the Sixers unless they are offered and make sense. I won't take long to ponder over them. The real focus is the guys careers which will the only thing that gets discussed at any length. I've left personalities on. It will be interesting to see what kind of personality traits these guys get assigned even though I'm sure it is random.

The game will use 12 minute sim engine which is generally very good for the real players at least.

Oh yeah, owner firing is off since I'm not interested in worrying about that either.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-14-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I found out that I can just do scout picks for the draft, so I'll be doing that. Also, I have import files with "real players" for most of the early years.

Historical Info:

2007-08 NBA Champions, Miami Heat. Season MVP LeBron James.

08-09 NBA Champions, Orlando Magic. Season MVP: Dwyane Wade.

09-10 NBA Champions, Portland Trailblazer (Gred Oden averaged 20 ppg and 9.9 rpg during the Finals) Season MVP: Chris Paul.

10-11 NBA Champions, Portland Trailblazers. Season MVP Dwyane Wade

11-12 NBA Champions: The Clippers! :O Shaun Livingston was the MVP of the Finals with 10 ppg and 7 apg. Season MVP: D. Wade

12-13: NBA Champions: Utah Jazz. Season MVP: Fausto Izzo from Italy, drafted by the Lakers 3 years ago. He averaged 21 ppg and 10 rpg.

13-14: NBA Champions: Boston Celtics. MVP of the Finals: Fausto Izzo who came to Boston as a free agent. Season MVP: LeBron James (28ppg, 6.7 rpg, and 7.2 apg - which is close to what he has been putting up every year, but the Cavs haven't been winning.)

14-15: The Wolves won the Championship. Michael Conley was the Finals MVP with 21 ppg and 7 apg. Season MVP: Kevin Durant 27.1 ppg and 10.4 rpg both career highs.

15-16 NBA Champions: Dallas Mavericks. Finals MVP: Dwight Howard with 22 ppg, 9.9 rpg, and 2.1 bpg at age 31. Season MVP: Liviu Calmuschi from Romania, a 6'3 200 pound PG who averaged 30 ppg, 7.5 apg, and 4 rpg for Memphis. He was drafted by them #1 4 years ago.

Ugh.. just had a freeze in my association. Silly me hadn't been saving it. Last time it was saved was 2010 I'll restart from there next weekend. Obviously the above background data will be different in take 2 but I left it anyway in this post.

Edit to add: Right before the freeze, it had difficulty uploading several different draft files I tried. No idea why it had problems with those files unless they were from the previous version and I just never deleted them? In any case, I need to be make sure that I can actually import the Hannan, Simmons, Peterson, and Sockwell files before I go through all of the trouble. I'll check them out at least tomorrow.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-14-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote