Old 01-10-2009, 10:47 PM   #51
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I Westernize again.

Our Tech Group changes to Latin.
Gain 1 taxbase in Bagirmi
Innovate gain 1 (we are maxed)
Lose 5 stability. Again.
That weird Western Influences event for 6 months that hurts us.

We are now Latin, just like the Catholics.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:20 PM   #52
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Growth in Enlightenment

Feb 1 - We learn of many sea areas, including many in the north Atlantic, Iceland, and such. Our Naval Tech increases.

Jan 17, 1465 - We enter into a RM with Swahili again.

Feb 8 - Revolt in Cayor.

April 23 - We lose in Cayor

May 9 - We get an event - Agricultural Revolution. I invest in taxbase in Massina over manpower.

May 13 - Animist revolt in bambuk. They take it and march to Wolof.

June 26 - We lose in Cayor.

July 25 - We lose in Wolof.

Aug 1 - Production Tech Increase

Sept 26 - We win in Wolof.

Nov 12 - We win in Cayor.

Dec 1 - Stability increase.

Dec 30 - All of the natives in Brakna are killed after another rebel attack there. It is just in from Castille’s province of Trarza.

Mar 2, 1466 - Our Admiral died.

May 20 - Revolt in Kumasi. We only have 2000 soliders there so I order more to arrive shortly.

July 29 - We have been warned by Castille. They are angling for a Casus Belli Im sure.

July 31 - We win in Kumasi and destroy the rebels here,

Sept 23 - Castille sends us an alliance offer. Right after warning us. Odd. Sure, we accept. Not like we are doing anything else.

Oct 28 - I ask for military access and Castille agrees.

Nov 2 - Castille breaks her alliance with us. Silly Catholics. They are so on again off again.

Mar 1, 1467 - Gvnmt Tech Increase

May 1 - Trade Tech increase

Dec 1 Stability increase. I send the first of my five colonists to Gold Coast. It’s right below Kumasi, has the highest tax value of any of the colonies hereabouts, and has 8000 natives for you to get when you succeed, but the natives are at a full on 9 aggression (which almost everyone is around here)

Jan 1, 1468 - Our colonists fail. I send in more. I have a hit rate of 50/50. ‘

Jan 25 - We setup camp. We discover the Ivory Coast sea province adjacent to us. I send in more colonists. I have three left and I’ll send them all in trying to speed build the province as quickly as possible.

Feb 17 - Gold Coast expands. I send more.

Mar 11 - Another expansion and more on en route.

Apr 1 - Naval tech increase. Gold Coast expands. It has 407 people. Now we gotta wait till we get more colonists.

Apr 25 - The Mamluks reject a marriage proposal.

May 15 - Morocco accepts.

June 26 - At some point in time Castille has put an embassy in their colony by us. That means our relations have improved somewhat. These guys are crazy.

Sept 1 - Slider Time. I move us one towards quality over quantity of troops. We get a New Commandat event. I have no desire to hire him, he’s just level 1. C’est la vie.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:42 PM   #53
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Finding Friends and Foes Alike

Nov 1 - Production Tech increases.

Nov 15 - Gold Coast is going to be an ivory province.

Nov 26 - Gold Coast expands.

Jan 1, 1469 - Swahili and us enter into Royal Marriage. I DOW Mutapa, which is attacking Swahili. They are all the way over on the other side of the continent, but still, I want to help my friend.

May 1 - Konian expands. The natives join it.

Konian - Our first colony has our culture and religion as they all will. 4002 people work the ivory trade, making us 2.28 ducats annually.

Aug 9, 1469 - I get Local Fortification Expert Discovered.

The Entire Country Needs Him - Gain a Military Engineer advisor to hire
Let Him Stay Home - Mandara permanently gains 50% defensiveness.

Neither appeal to me, I don’t need the Military Engineer and Mandara is way in the back, very safe. Still, I choose the second. Perhaps it will come in useful one day, far away from today.

Aug 15 - Swahili lost three provinces and over 700 gold to Mutapa.

Sept 1 - We gain some more cores. Katsina, Zazzau, Kano and Damagaram are cores.

Nov 26 - Gold Coast expands

Jan 1, 147- Stability increase. Land Tech increase.

Apr 1 - We sign a trade agreement with Morocco.

I go looking in the pool and find someone dropped a trade tech 3 person. They come available on day 1 of a month and get scooped up day two, so occasionally I look and oh, here he is. I would drop my useful 6 star Tax Modifier guy for the three star land tech guy, but he’s been in the business for 42 years, and that makes him fragile to my mind. I keep my guy but thanks.

Jul 10 - Morocco accepts our alliance proposal and we are now allied with them.

Aug 12 - they agree to give us military access.

Morocco are natural allies for us. They would be a great forever ally, and we could roll with each other for the game until I annex them late or something.

Nov 23 - Mutapa offers a white peace, which we accept.

Nov 26 - Gold Coast expands.

I order a fort built in Dendi.

Apr 1, 1471 - Gvnment and Trade both increase

Nov 26 - - Gold Coast Expands

Nov 28 - Fort in Dendi complete. They want one in Ife and I agree.

Mar 1, 1472 - Stability increase.

May 28 - One of our advisors - Musa Zerbo, publishes a Great Work called The Spirit of Laws.

I get the same options as a previous advisor. I bump our stability back up to max and we get some extra government investment.

Nov 26 - Gold Coast expands, takes in the 8000 natives, and is now a full city.

Gold Coast - 9032 people make us 5.95 ducats in this port province in the ivory trade.

Again I’ll save up my colonists for a few years until I can machine gun them into one province like I did with Gold Coast.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:55 PM   #54
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Enemy to the North

Dec 1 - We put a fort in Ife and finish that mission. Our next mission is to Destabilize Portugal. I will gain 1000 ducats if I finish it! All we have to do is get Portugal’s stability down to 1 or less. We don’t have to do anything though, we can just sit around and wait until it drops by them doing something like change National Idea or some such. Then boom, 1000 ducats.

Jan 1, 1473 - I order a fort in Gold Coast. Our Production Tec increases.

March 8 - I didn’t notice until now, but I can recruit Latin Knights in the two provinces beside Castille so I begin to do that. Cavalry yay!

Mar 11 - Castille declared war against Morocco so we join our allies and I march our troops into their colony.

Mar 29 - Well, we captured it, moving back now.

Apr 1 - We discover the province of Ivory coast.

April 15 - We defeat the Castilleans in a naval battle in the Coast of Guinea.

May 3 - They offer us peace for Trarza. We accept.

Trarza - A colony north of Cayor and Wolof. The 136 Christian Castelian people are working an unknown trade. I need to send colonies here in order to turn them Sunni and Malinese.

Castille probably just wanted to get rid of it.

June 3 - Our Sherrif gets the equivalent of the Great Work event and we use it to raise our prestige.

Oct 1 - A level 3 production tech guy appears in one of our provinces but I have no one to swap out for him.

Dec 10 - Trarza expands.

April 1, 1474 Naval Tech increases

August 4 - We lose our 6 tech government statesmen Al-Mansur Diarra. Luckily, we still had Wankoy Ouedraogo, the Natural Scientist of three stars available (Investment in production tech).

Jan 17, 1475 - Trarza expands.

June 1 - Gvnmet increase. I can now switch to Feudal Monarchy. I choose not too, however.

I am renovating my army by replacing African spearmen slowly and surely with a few cavalry and men at arms.

Oct 1 - Land tech to level 8. That’s what Morocco is at. Castille is at 9. Portugal at 8. In this area, we are all caught up.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #55
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Exploration of the Dark Continent

Nov 1 - We gained a core on Calabar

Dec 1 - We discover the province of Grain Coast.

Dec 19 - My first army, with 5000 men at arms and 3000 cavalry is ready. They’ll be in Wasuju.

March 1, 1476 - Trade Tech increase

July 16 - Trarza is a Slave province

June 1, 1477 - Production Tech increases. Gobir, Zamfara, Bagirmi, Mandara and Kanem are now cores.

Aug 31 - Our army is now up to date completely

March 1, 1478 - Gvnment Tech Increase. We can get another National Idea. What do we want? We may not get another one for quite a while.

Options:

Quest for the New World - You know the deals here. Get this, and we can make Explorers and Conquistadors.

Military Drill - Because eventually we’ll be in a land war. +1 army morale.

National Bank - Inflation Reduction regularly.

Frankly, none are of immediate need right now. I’m going to go ahead and take Quest as a result. None of the nearby nations have Military Drill, so there isn’t a need to take it in order to keep up with the Joneses and I don’t expect to wage war with them anytime soon.

Note, I do not intend to Quest the Americas. I will be exploring the beauty and grandeur of L’Afrique.

I immediately recruit an explorer and conquistador. These use up colonists.

July 8 - Our fleet with explorer and conquistador sets sail down the Africa coast.

Aug 10 - I am going to start mentioning these as NSD: Sea Discoveries, and NLD: Land Discoveries. NSD: Gold Coast.

Oct 24 - NSD Coast of Cameroon. NLD Gabon.

Nov 22 - NSD Gulf of Kongo.

Feb 17, 1479 - After seeing signs of civilization, I order my Conquistadors to disembark and explore. They find Loango, which is controlled by Kongo, s owe also discover the Kongo capital. A Shamanist nation, Kongo is a COT - but not worth going to.

Mar 28 - NSD Coast of Angolia - I’g going to return to Bonny, fix our ships, and set sail again.

May 11 - NLD Fernando Po

June 15 - NLD - Kisarna

Aug 14 - NSD Coast of Namibia, NLD Lesser Namaqualand.

Sept 21 - NSD Cape of Good Hope.

Nov 3 - NSD - Coast of Ciskei, NLD - Little Karoo

Dec 18 - NLD Damaraland

Mar 5, 1480 - NLD Luanda

I was saving my colonists but Luanda is perfect. 5000 natives, highest tax base I;ve found so far, adjacent to Kongo to give me a military outpost to conque them later, low aggressiveness (which is rare in tehse parts), and it gives me an outpost from which to explore deeper. I send colonists immediately.

Mar 18 - NLD Greater Namaqualand

April 16 - NLD - Cape w/ 500 colonists. I want to dispatch colonists here as well. 0 aggressiveness, 500 natives. Super high tax value. I’ll keep it on the list for later.

April 30 - NLD Transkei.

May 25 - NSD Coast of Transkei

June 23 - NSD Coast of Natal.

I ask Swahili if we can get military access. We get it. I order my fleet to dock at Zanzibar.

July 25 - Luanda is our newest colony. I send more colonists.

Aug 8 - We get an event -

Generals Concerned by Unmanly Tactics

I choose to keep them and lose prestige, rather than move towards defensive.

Sept 18 - NSD Diego Suarez Bay

Oct 1 - Naval Tech Increase

Oct 29 - Slider time. I choose to move again towards Quality. We again get the Kommandant event but I no want him.

Dec 10 - Luanda expanded and more colonists are dispatched.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-12-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:44 PM   #56
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Discovery of Nations

Jan 26, 1481 - We arrive in Luanda and I use my Conquistador to explore around while the ships get fixed.

Mar 12 - We discover the Kongo province of Ndongo.

Apr 25 - Luanda expands. More colonists are sent.

May 17 - We find Mayombe another Kongo province.

May 21 - Luanda is an ivory province.

June 27 - NLD Benguela

July 1 - Trade Tech increase

Sept 1 - NLD Menabe

Sept 11 - Luanda expanded.

Oct 14 - NSD - Taolagnao Bay

Nov 5 - We berth at Quelimane, a Swahili possession. While the boats are fixes, I explore with the Conquistador.

Dec 1 - Production tech increase

Jan 20 - 1482 - We discover the provicne of Sena inland of Quelimane, owned by Mutapa.

Apr 6 - NSD Coast of Zamatave

May 10 - Luanda expanded.

Sept 2 - NLD - Delagoa Bay

Nov 17 - Now I am going to try to sail further without my conquistador, leaving them in Luanda.

April 20 , 1483 - Luanda expands.

May 1 - A level 4 tech Natural Scientist arrives in Timbuktu.

Jettison my level 3 for him, or jettison my level 6 sherrif for him? This is enough to jettison my sherriff. We now have Wankoy Ouedraogo on our squad.

May 10 - NLD - Mahe

May 25 - NLD Bourbon

June 22 - NLD Boina

Old 01-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #57
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The War of Kongolese Integration

Apr 11, 1484 - I land 5000 troops in Luanda.

Apr 16 - Luanda expands.

June 18 - More troops arrive in Luanda. I DOW Kongo.

I move my troops into their Capital, keeping 3k behind in Luanda. This should be very quick they have a low tech level.

We get a mission to Colonize Kisarna.

July 1 - Trade tech gain

July 5 We win in Kongo in days.

July 25 - We win and capture Ndongo

July 29 - We capture Mayombe

Sept 7 - We capture Loango

Sept 9 - They are annexed.

Loango - This coastal province is north of Luanda. 6256 Kongolese Shamanists make 3.30 ducats int eh ivory trade.

Mayombe - This inland province is behind Loando and Luanda. 4.63 ducats are made here by the 2461 Kongolese Shamans working the slave trade.

Kongo - The prize of the pot. 6749 Kongolese Shamanists harvest grain in this COT province. 14.42 ducats are made here. It is inland and adjacent to Mayombe, Luanda and Ndomgo. I destroy the COT here to send my trade to Timbuktu. Now the trade is sent through one place, with one set of merchants.

Ndongo - 1773 Shaminists of Kongolese descent work the slave trade here making us 5.67 ducats.

The quality of these provinces is obvious - they are much better than many of the normal African dregs. that I captured earlier. Luanda is adjacent to all provinces to I’ll keep an army here to put down revolts for a few years.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #58
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The War of Mutapan Integration

Nov 2 - I send my Conquistador and three regiments of troops onto the ships with the explorer to send them back to exploring. We’re almost done.

24 January, 1485 - I order my Conquistador to disembark at Inhambane.

April 18 - Luanda expands.

May 23 - NLD Uteve owned by Mutapa. A poor COT.

Oct 1 - Luanda has expanded to a full province.

Luanda - 6003 Mali Sunnis work the ivory trade here and netting us 6.93 ducats annually.

Dec 1 - Wolof and Cayor are now cores.

Jan 6, 1486 - I begin to load the ships with 6000 troops, 3000 cavalry and 3000 men at arms

July 3, 1486 - Trarza is now self sufficient and a full province.

Trarza - Initially colonized by Castille, this province featuers 1003 Sunni Malinese working the slave trade and making 2.85 ducats annually. I order a fort built here.

July 7 - 1486 - 6000 troops arrive in Inhambane.

I DOW Mutapa.

Aug 17 - We arrive in Sofala.

Sept 27 - We win and capture Sofala.

Dec 1 - Production Tech increase

Jan 17 - 1487 - After a long campaign, we finally defeated their 10000 troops in Sofala. Iorder our troops deeper into their territory.

Mar 5 - We begin fighting in Uteve

Apr 1 - They recapture Sofala.

We are now fighting 120000 Mutapans in Uteve

Apr 29 - Our explorer died.

June 26 - I land another 6000 troops in adjacent territory. I march them to Sena.

July 24 - We capture Sena

July 28 - We win the battle of Uteve.

Aug 24 - We capture Zimbabwe, their captial, and then are attacked by defenders fleeing combat.

Sept 13 - Our fresher army arrives in Sofala and attacks the defenders

Oct 6 - We win in Zimbabwe

Nov 15 - We win in Sofala

Nov 28 - Our Conquistador finds and captures Urungwe.

Dec 14 - Our newer forces arrive in Barwe and assault the defenders here.

Jan 8 - 1488 - We find and capture Zumbo.

Jan 19 - I decline a peace offer from Mutapa.

Feb 2 - We win the battle of Barwe and capture it.

Feb 17 - We find and capture Masapa.

We annex Mutapa.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #59
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let's get you a quick map of our new conquests

This is just the southern part of the continent, and it helps to show you Swahili.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #60
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There are a bunch of new conquests so let’s look slowly.

Sofala - The only coastal province here. 9021 Banu Animists work the gold mines here making us 55.12 ducats annually. This is adjacent to friend Swahili in Quelimane, and our provinces of Sena, Barwe and Uteve.

Uteve - west of Sofala, east of Zimbabwe, south of Barwe stands Uteve. It looks like Mutapa moved their COT to Barwe in the last few motnhs fo the war. 55.12 ducats are made in the gold mines by 9021 animist Bantu people.

Zimbabwe - The former capital of Mutapa has 10972 Shona Animists making us 58.86 ducats annually the gold mines. West of Uteve, southwest of Barew and south of Urungwe.

Urungwe - North of Zimbabwe and west of Zumbo, Masapa and Barwe. 3,14 ducats are made by the 8511 Shona Animists here.

Barwe - This COT is destroyed by me to force the trade to Timbuktu. Once I get a lot of East Africa provinces, I might build a new COT here just for myself to enjoy. 5.90 ducats are made in the grain trade by the 9939 Shona Animists.

Masapa - In the middle of Barwe, Urungwe, Zumbo and Sena. 5935 Shona Animinsts mine gold and make us 47.92 ducats annually.

Sena - 3.13 ducats are made in this Bantu Animist province inland of Quelimane and Swahili there, and adjacent to Sofala Barwe Masapa and Zumbo. 7500people work the ivory trade here.

See why I took them? FOUR gold mines. Inflation might be a massive problem soon, but this was worth the economic stretch.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:35 PM   #61
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

May 14 - Swahili accepts our offer of an alliance. They probably worried about us on the doorstep.

This is very good. I am laying the foundation for the total Sub Sarahan African Empire!

As you can tell from the economics, the production value of goods has dropped significantly. Before, Swahili was a gold mine (not literally) because of all of their Ivory - 8 provinces plus a gold mine and slaves on Zanzibar. You got tons of production money, but low taxes, because the tax values are poor in the area. Now, with production nerfed in the patches and expansions, the area has much less value to me.

You know, provinces like Aden, Mocha and Asir used to have a lot of value because they had spices and coffee, but now, it doesn’t matter as much. Its weird. I’m not sure I like it. They wanted to nerf production, in part, so plaeyrs don’t always go after the same provinces, but now you just go after the high tax value provinces instead. (The same is true of colonization, instead of hitting the high production potential ones, you hit the high tax value ones.).

I do like the greater fluctuation of product values - that works for me. What I’d like to see more of is more products. They’ve had the same list for ages. Here’s what I’d like to see added:

Dyes
Wax
Exotic Foodstuffs (realistically, things like Tomatoes and Maize fetched a lot more than generic grain did)
Rubber
Whales

And More, I just can’t remember my mega list right now.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #62
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Decisions at Home

Aug 13 - After getting what I wanted to from Quest, I decide to change National Ideas. We take National Bank, since we have three more gold mines. This drops our stability by three.

I order a fort built in Luanda

Nov 21 - Rebellion in Calabar

Dec 1 - Trade Tech increase

Dec 5 - NLD Natal

Dec 12 - Rebellion in Loango, a Kongolese province.

Jan 1, 1489 - Naval Tech Increase

Jan 22 - We win in Calabar

Mar 11 - We win in the Kongolese area as well.

I rectuit an Admiral and General.

June 18 - I’ve been landing my Conquistador in various provinces and exploring. He now lands in South Africa to explore inland.

Aug 16 - Fort is built in Luanda. I order two built in Loango and Sofala.

Sept 4 - NLD Roggeveld

Oct 5 - I need to choose a new colony because I have four colonists and am about to have five. Options?

Whydah - Taxvalue 3, connects Benin with Gold Coast, creating a land connection between some of my holdings. 4900 agggressivness 9 natives here.

Gabon - Taxvalue 2, on top of Kongolese possession and Luanda colony. Gabon and Cameroon will connect Kongo possessions with Benin ones in Calabar. 7000 aggressiveness 7 natives here.

Kisarna - South of Luanda, tax value 2, 8300 agressiveness 7. This will get me a free colonist as my reward for completing a mission.

Taodeni - North of Tadimekket in the Sahara corridor, this will put me next to the Portugese colony in Tuat. Good and bad there. Agressiveness 10, 6000 natives.

Nupe, Bauchi - These internal provinces have tax values of one, next to my territory and no natives. I could just send a colonist and let them grow into provinces. Problem - not good provinces.

I go for Whydah. Colonists are dispatched. We have a 51% of taking with the first batch.

Oct 28 - Colonization failed. I send in more.

Nov 12 - NLD - Great Karoo

Nov 19 - Whydah is now a colony. More colonists are sent.

Dec 11 - Whydah expands. More are dispatched.

1 Jan, 1490 - Whydah expands. My last batch are sent.

I’m taking my fleet and Conquistador to explore a few islands on the west side of Africa that arne;t on my map yet.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #63
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Years of Quiet Expansion

Jan 24 - Whydah expands and now has 405 people in it.

Arp 4 - I send a gift to Swahili.

Apr 30 - My ships arrive in the Coast of Guinea and the Conquistador is exploring.

May 5 - Rebellion in Cayor of a Patriotic nature.

June 9 - NLD - Cape Verde. No natives.

Aug 17 - We deafeat the rebels in Cayor.

Aug 26 - NLD: The Canarias

Sept 5 - Whydah is going to be Ivory.

Oct 1 - Stability increase

Oct 31 - We discover Madeira. Which is now an English possession and sugar, so its really nice.

Dec 24 - Whydah expands

Jan 9, 1491 - NLD Arguin, north of Trarza

There is literlaly no where left to explore for our little band.

Feb 7 - Rebellionin Wolof of a Patriot nature

Mar 15 - Rebels in Zumbo - An ex-Mutapan province.

Apr 21 - Rebellion in Sofala.

May 1 - Borno is now a core.

May 2 - Colonial Company Founded event occurs. We get 200 colonists in Yola, a province next to Mandara with 9 aggressiveness natives and a small tax value. What a worthless place to invest.

4 June - We win in Wolof, lose in Sofala, win in Zumbo.

July 7 - We send a gift to Swahili

Nov 7 - Swahili has agreed to be our vassals.

Nov 27 - We lost again in Sofala.

Dec 25 - Whydah expands.

8 Jan, 1492 - We win in Sofala

Mar 1 - Land tech increase

May 14 - Rebels in Uteve (Mutapan)

Aug 1 - We defeat the rebels.

Dec 1 - Stability increase. I send colonists to Kisarna. We have a good chance of them taking, and if we do, we get this mission off my back and replace the colonists. It’s a bit of a gamble, but one worth taking.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:56 AM   #64
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A Survey of Other Lands

Jan 1, 1493 - Now, I don’t care much about the Americas. I want one African nation, not one empire that stretches beyond the seas. Was have the major colonial powers discovered of America? Let me check, just for fun.

England - Beyond their colony in Madeira, which they took from Provence, they have nothing and have discovered nothing.

Castille - I intentially made sure not to check Africa, because I don’t want to see what provinces they know about, or else it could affect my colonization decisions. They have The Azores. They have discovered the Lesser Antilles and a few islands there such as St Thomas and Antigua. They have not colonized there yet (it could be out of their range. Colonial Range is a new concept introduced in the expansions that forces you to stay within a range of your core provinces. Naval tech increases that range)

Portugal - They know of and have nothing.

France - Same as Portugal. They are expanding quickly in Europe, and porbably don’t care about colonizing right now. France has expanded into Iberia a bit, and into Germany somewhat, looks like they’ve taken 9 provinces there.

Venice is carving out a nice empire for themselves in Italy. Naples has conquered the southern half of Italy and part of Sicily (very realistic). The Ottomans took out Naxos ;(.

In the Americas, the Chimu conquered the Incas, the Zapotec conquered the Mayans and have reduced the Aztecs to one province. The Creek have conquered all but one province of the Cherokee and the Shawnee. The Iroquois have conquered the Hurons. Sweden has conquered all of Scandinavia save Denmark. Looks like they’ve also colonized Lappland. Sweden has expanded down Finland and taken some of the Baltic provinces on the other side.

Polotsk has basically replaced Lithuania in the area.With 15 provinces, they are no joke. The Golden Horde has invaded the Balkans and taken areas to the far north like Transylvania and Wallachia.

Vijayanagar has taken over most of India.

Ming has taken over almost all of SE Asia and have expanded deep into Asia in places way outside of China. I kid you not, Ming and Muscowy are three provinces apart right now.

Brunei has taken out Makassar and gobbling territory in Malaysia and Ajeh Island.

And that’s the update at 1493.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #65
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quiet Dissidence

Jan 14 - We get the Agricultural Revolution event again. This time we gain two taxbase in Massina. Which actually makes Massina not that bad.

Feb 7 - Rebels in Calabar

Feb 12 - We set up a colony in Kisarna, so I send more colonists to Whydah that we got from the mission reward.

We can change our slider. I go to quality again, and again we get that Kommadant event.

Our next mission is to fortify Zumbo and I agree.

Mar 5 - Whydah expands. They are now at 791.

May 3 - We beat the rebels in Calabar

May 20 - Our pretty good ruler died. Here is his replacement. Karbifo I - Admin 3, Military 7, Diplo 5. He is not as good.

9 Aug - We enter into a RM with Morocco

Portugal’s colony in Tuat was destroyed.

Dec 17 - Nationalist Rebellion in Zumbo

Dec 25 - Whydah expands

Jan 16, 1494 - We crush the rebels in Zumbo

17 Feb - We build a fort in Zumbo and our next mission is to Destabilize England. Yeah, right.

May 14 - Rebels of Nationalistic Intent are in Urungwe (Mutapan)

Aug 1 - We defeat the rebels in Zimbabwe and hav recaptured our povinces.

Aug 2 - Our advisor Musa Zerbo has died. I hire a stability advisor for the meantime.

Nov 20 Another agricultural revolution, this time two tax value in Segu.

Dec 1 - I choose to send the next batch of colonists to Whydah and this should finish It up.

Dec 25 Whydah expands.

Whydah - The land bridge that connects Benin and the provinces there with Gold Coast and the provinces north. Whydah is a coastal ivory province where 5939 people make us 4.74 ducats annually. I order a fort built here immediately.

12 April Yola is going to be a grain province.

Apr 27 - Our Conquistador died. He did much for us and his passing is sorrow.

May 1 - Stability increase. Back to full.

Nov 1 - We have an outbreak of disease which reduces production efficient for a year. We got a level one Natural Scientist, which is better than anything else right now, so I hire him.

Dec 1 - I dispatch colonists to our next colony - The Canarias. I want to block any European colonization of Africa, and taking the easy to settle colony is a good start. It has 500 natives with no aggresiveness at all, so I can just colonize it and let it roll. It also has a tax base of 3, which is decent enough. Due to the lack of aggressiveness by the native,s we have a strong chance of this taking.

Jan 11, 1496 - Our admiral died. I Recruit another.

Apr 22 - Yay colony at The Canarias. Now I’m just going to leave it for a while.

May 19 - I order a fort built in Kongo.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-17-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:52 PM   #66
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Wow it's still pretty early in your game. I wonder how well you're going to do if/when the serious colonial powers turn their attention to Africa. Will you be so large that they won't bother? Or so weak that they'll run over you. No doubt your westernization helps augur for the latter.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #67
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

An Interlude of Quiet

May 27 - Perhaps England changed National Ideas. Perhaps they DOWd stupidly. Perhaps they had a major event. But their stability has dropped and we gain 1000 for completing the mission to destabilize them.

Our next mission is to fortify Urungwe. I agree. I also order forts in Uteve, Ndongo, Kumasi, and Wasuju

Oct 17 - Rebels in Sofala.

Jan 10, 1497 - We win in Sofala

Feb 19 - One of our generals has died

March 1 - A level 3 Naval Reformer appears in Loango, so I recurit him, jettisoning the levelone Natural Scientist.

May 24 - Our forts are built. Next Mission is to outrace England in the navy. I reject that mission and take the prestige hit for it.

Next is to fortify Segu. I order it, Zimbabwe and Masapa to get forts.

June 2 - I send colonists to Cape Verde, where there are no natives at all. Again, this is an attempt to stop European colonization of Africa by taking out the easy places for them to place colonies.

July 1 - Production tech increase. I can build workships which increase tax income there. I order three in Gao, Bure, and Timbuktu.

Sept 19 - Cape Verde is now one of ours.

Nov 29 - A Portugese vessel is in the Coast of Guinea. They have taken Quest for the New World it appears and are investigating us. I wonder how well they will do?

Actually, it looks like that vessel is returning. Interesting.

Jan 5, 1498 - I’ve taken the easy colonies for Europeans far down the Africa coast. I send more to Kisarna. Let’s finish it up - its at 259 right now.

March 2 - We get Colonial Company founed and 200 colonists set up shop, for free, in Sierra Leone. This is pretty good actually. It’s next to Gabu on the coast, so it takes another of the early provinces off the map for the Europeans.

Mar 17 - Kisarna expands

May 27 - Forts are built.

The next mission is to fortify Bambuk. I agree. I also order forts in Mayombe, Barwe and Sena.

July 18 - Segu gets a Workshop ordered.

Nov 18 - Looks like Kisarna will be an ivory province.

Jan 15, 1499 -Here come the Portugese again.

Mar 14 - Kisarna expands

Mar 30 - They reached the Gulf of Nigeria and turned back.

May 31 - New Forts are built, and get the mission to fortify Borno. I agree.

July 1 - Gvnment Tech increase

Oct 1 - The natives in Yola have risen up and destroyed the colony. Not that I cared about it anyway.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #68
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Wow it's still pretty early in your game. I wonder how well you're going to do if/when the serious colonial powers turn their attention to Africa. Will you be so large that they won't bother? Or so weak that they'll run over you. No doubt your westernization helps augur for the latter.

Yup, it sure does. Both the economy of Africa, and the size of the military will help.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:08 AM   #69
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

100 Year Review

Our Ruler is Karbifo I and he has ruled since May 1493. His Admin is just a 3, Diplo 5, and Military 7.

We have an honorable reputation

Our vassals are Benin and Swahili

Our allies are Benin, Swahili and Morocco.

We have 30 infantry regiments and 15 cavalry ones. Most of that infantry is Men at arms but I have had occasion to build a few more African troops to help our armies in the Kongo and Mutapa regions.

We have 2 Carracks, 4 Galleys and 7 Cogs. Our navy is currently berthed at the former colony of Luanda

We have an inflation of 9. We are really far behind in Land Tech. Holland is at 15 Corsica at 14, many are at 11. We are at 9. The same is true of others techs. We are usually one or two behind the mass of Europe, and several behind the leaders of Europe.

There are 11 level 6 advisors in the world. We have none.

We have 52 provinces. The largest is Ming with 84. France is in the md 60s. Then the Timurid Empire has in the high 50s or 60. We are fourth.

Current Prices on Trade Goods:

Furs
Salt
Wine
Cloth
Copper
Fish
Iron
Tobacco
Coffee
Chinaware
Wool
Grain
Spices
Slaves
Naval Supplies
Sugar
Tea
Cotton
Ivory
Gold (No Trade or Production)

That’s a crazy list. Fish that high? Come on now. Spices that low? Come on now.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:15 AM   #70
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our Land

Our Colonies:

All are Sunni and Mali

Cape Verde - With 193 people, this island is making us 0.58 ducats annually. Unknown trade good.

The Canarias - 257 people, 2.04 ducats, unknown trade good

Sierra Leone - 243 people get us 1.36 ducats annually. Unknow TG.

Kisarna - 2.58 ducats made by the 516 people working the ivory trade in this port south of Luanda and Ndongo.

Former Colonies:

All are Sunni and Mali

Konian - 4803, ivory, 2.83 ducats. Our first colony.

Gold Coast - 2nd colony, 5,98 ducats, ivory, 10615 people, port.

Trarza - 1086 working the slave trade for 3.06 ducats annually from this former Castillean colony.

Luanda - 6528 ivory processors make us 7.47 ducats annually. Next to Kongolese provinces.

Whydah - 6114, 5.93 ducats, port connects Benin and points each with Gold Coast and points north, ivory.

Former Kongo Provinces:

All are Kongolese Shamanists

Ndongo - 1773, 5.74 ducats in slave trade.

Kongo - 12.59 ducats in grain, 6749 people, Has a tax base of 10.

Mayombe - 2461, 4.69 ducats, slaves

Loango - The only port, 3.38 ducats, 6256 peops in ivory trade

Former Mutapan Provinces:

All are Animist

Sofala - The only port, 55.08 ducats from 8931 Bantu gold miners

Uteve - 9382 Shona gold miners make 52.26 for us

Zimbabwe - 10972 Shona gold miners make 58.86 for us.

Urungwe - 8511 Ivory traders of Shona descent make us 3.41 ducats

Zumbo - 6770 Shona ivory traders mmake 3.39 ducats

Masapa - Shona, gold, 5935, 47.92 ducats

Barwe - Grain, 4.09 ducats, 9939 Shonas

Sena - 7500 Bantu, Ivory, 3.40

Our Mainland Provinces, by Geographic Area:

Eastern Coast:

Calabar - Ashanti Animinsts, 4074, 2.71 ducats in salve trade, easternmost port.

Bonny - 4599, Ashanti Animists, 3.87 ducats

Benin - 9,22 ducats, Sunni Mali, ivory trade

Ife - 6452, 2,96, Torumba Animist

Central Africa:

All are Mali Sunni

Bagirmi - 7915, 4.41 in ivory,

Kanem - 22925, 8.64 in wool

Mandara - 6.63, 7976, grain - with Local Fortifications giving it 50% defense for rest of game

Borno - 6625, 3.46, grain

Damagaram - Salt, 12839, 8.98

Kano - 7.40, 51335, grain

Zazzau - 5.57, grain, 36493

Central Songhai:

Gobir - Salt, Sunni Malinese, 38069, 12.4 ducats

Katsina - 5.21, Sunni Mali, grain, 16573

Zamfara - Animist Mali, 7677, grain, 4.15 - with Support of Religious Minorities which lowers taxes a bit but lowers revolt risk as well.

Dendi - Malinese Sunni, 10160, 5.10, grain

Tadimekket - 7290, salt, 11.93, Tuareg Sunni

Gao - Capital, 18240, grain, Sunni Mali, 20.58, with workshop

Timbuktu - 35730, workshop, temple, marketplace, 48.33 ducats in salt trade

West Songhai Empire:

Massina - Anomost Mali, 8.64 ducats, Support of Religious Minorities, grain, 7983 people

Jenne - 10.14 ducats, grain, 28507, Mali Sunni

Kumasi - Ashanti Animists, gold, 60.24, 5465 people

Segu - 21873, Sunni Mali, 14.54, Workshop

Wasuju - 29549, Animist Mali, 5.66, Support of Religious Minorities

Bambuk - Animist Mali, 67.72, gold, Support of Religious Minorities

Bure - Sunni Mali, gold, 87.08, our best province with a huge tax base too, 24368, workshop

Wolof - 6924 Animist Senegambian, 4.76 ducats in slave trade

Futa Jallon - 25077 Sunni Mali, 9.24 ducats in ivory trade.

Cayor - Port south of Trarza, 11836, Senegambian Animists, 3.78 ducats with slave trade

Gabu - Sunni Mali with 7.59 ducats made by 116373 in this port province.

And there we are. Whew.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #71
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

An Unexpected Conflict

Nov 1 - We gained knowledge of a bunch of provinces in Asia in the Himalayas.

Jan 14, 1500 - Rebellion in Zimbabwe

Feb 1 - Portugal has set up a colony in Rio de Oro, the province just south of Morocco and north by two of Trarza. Europe may be coming again. Several people, including England, now have Quest for the New World. I have ordered our colonists to Arguin, the province just north of Trarza, south of Rio de Oro, and one of the last easy settlements for the Europeans.

Feb 5 - That colony has been established successfully.

Apr 10 - We lost in Zimbabwe

Apr 23 - Our Admiral died.

June 1 - We fortify Borno and are now being asked to Destabilize Venice. I order workshops in Bambuk and Futa Jallon

10 July - We win in Zimbabwe and the nationalist rebels are defeated.

Nov 16 - The Mamluks offer us an alliance, but I want to decline. I’m happy with my currentl selection of allies in Morocco, Swahili, and Benin, Actually. Now that I think about it. Okay, I’m in. I order my navy to its normal berth at Cayor. Our eastern flank is now fully protected, so I shift some forces around to protect against attacks from the northwest.

9 Jan, 1501 - The Canarias will be a fish province.

Feb 6 - Arguin expanded.

Feb 8 - England declares war against us. All of our allies join us.

What of mine does England want? It just seems random. At first, I thought they might want a province or two to use as a staging ground, but then I remembered they have Madeira, so they already have one. I have no clue what the bee in their bonnet is, but I intend to blast them back into their British Isles. I want to launch forces at Madeira, and then figure out where they are from there. England’s ally is Portugal. Se we are at war with both. I order forces over, jack up military maintenance, and begin to prepare for a defensive war.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-18-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:36 PM   #72
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The African War of European Expulsion

May 21 - We land 6000 troops in Madeira. Morocco has taken Rio de Oro from Portugal.

June 1 - We win in Maderia and bgin the siege.

Aug 1 - I land an army in Morocco and march them towards Portugal’s N African provinces.

Sept 1 - Naval Tech Increase

Morocco has been keeping the English navy from getting to us. A couple of battered ships have slipped through but we deafeted them.

Oct 1 - Trade Tech Advance.

Oct 26 - Madeira fell to us.

Dec 14 - rebellion in Masapa

Jan 1, 1502 - Sierra Leone is a slave province.

Jan 26 - One of my armies arrives at Aures, a N African province of Portugal and begins a siege.

14 Feb - We defeat the rebel;s in Masapa.

Mar 1 - I land troops in Lisboa and begin to siege the Portugese captial.

1 Apr - Land Tech Increase

Apr 20 - Revolt in Loango

May 5 - 6000 Portugese troops arrive in Arues to protest our siege of their province.

May 27 - We crush the nationalist rebels in Loango.

June 21 - I land 6000 troops in Kabylia, a N African possession of Portugal’s. We begin a siege.

June 30 - Revolt in Mayombe

July 6 - We lost in Aures and our army is virtually destroyed.

Several Portugese provinces are being sieged by The Mamluks to the east.

Aug 8 - We crush the rebels in Mayombe

Aug 23 - We get a white peace offer from England. Accept it or not? No,I think we can win this war, with my allies on my side being much closer to their African possession than them. No thanks.

I want these Sunni provinces back in Muslim hands. The Mamluks, Morocco, us - that matters not me me right now. I want them returned to their brothers.

Oct 12 - rebels in Urungwe

Nov 12 - We defeated the rebels.

November 27 - Rebels in Zumbo. One of our armies arrives in Aures again and begins an assault

Dec 7 - Cape Verde will be a naval supplies province.

Dec 16 - Rebels are crushed in Zumbo

Jan 6 - 1503 - Two provinces have fallen to The Mamluks

Jan 21 - We capture Lisboa!

Apr 11 - We capture Kabylia and I order that army to Constantine. The Mamluks have captured Tunis.

Apr 22 - We capture Aures

Jul 13 - I land another army at Portugal’s mainland provinces, and begin a siege of Porto

Aug 14 - Rebels in Sena

Sept 17 - I land another army at Algarve

Sept 30 - Rebels in Sena are crucified

October 14 - Arguin will be a grain province.

Oct 30 - We capture Alentejo, a Portuguese Iberian holding.

Nov 4 - Animist Rebels in Barwe

Dec 24 - The Rebels are defeated

Feb 4, 1504 - England offers a White Peace. I decline. We are hammering Portugal.

Feb 7 - Revolt in Mayombe

Feb 9 - Porto has fallen

Mar 2 - Rebels are crushed

Mar 27 - We capture Braganca

June 12 - Constatine fell. Just one province of Portugal’s is not in the hands of me or my allies. All of N Africa is in our hands. We have to cpature that last province in order to force them to cede everything.

Oct 12 - We have a new ruler as ours died today. Meet Ismail I ,Admin 6, Miliutary 5, Diplo 8.

Nov 16 = We got an event where some of our colonists moved from Kisarna to Arguin - 200 to be exact.

Jan 18, 1505 - We have captured Algarve

They cede all North Africa provinces to us and our allies. The Mamluks gained four provinces, Gabes, Tunis, Gafsa and Biskra. We gained three, Constantine, Kabylia and Aures.

We are still at war with England.

I offer England White Peace

Jan 28 - England accepts our offer of White Peace.

Jan 29 - I ask for and receive military access from The Mamluks.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-18-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:45 PM   #73
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Aures - The iron mines here are worked bu the 2884 Berber Sunnis for 11.07 ducats annually. It comes with a temple and workshop. It is an inland province adjacent to my allies in Al-Djzair, Tlemcen, Tuat and Atlas (Morocco) and Biskra, Gafsa (The Mamluks). (Morocco captured the two Portugese colonies of Tuat and Rio de Oro).

Kabylia - 8214 Berber Sunnis harvest grain in this coastal province in the Mediterranean. They make 11.37 ducats for us annually. There is a workshop here. It is next to Constantine.

Constantine - 19715 farmers make us 8.05. They are Sunnis of Berber descent and culture.

I’m not a big fan of having a small number of highly visible provinces here, but they are good money makers, and I can’t get much to sell them to The Mamluks or Morocco (I tried).

Old 01-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #74
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Calm After the Storm

Feb 7 - Rebels in Sena.

I have some colonists saved up. I send one to Arguin.

Mar 14 - Arguin expands. More are dispatched.

Mar 20 - Peasants are defeated in Sena

Apr 19 - Arguin expands. More are sent

I issue Land Enclosures in several provinces. This increases my taxes there, but increases revolt risk as well. Bambuk. Timbuktu. Jenne. Kongo. Those are the ones that get it.

May 24 - Arguin expands.

July 5 - Arguin expands

Oct 1 - Production Tech Increase

Jan 4, 1506 - Sierra Leone expands.

Mar 4 - Slider time. I move towards Quality again.

Jun 8 - I order workshops built in Kongo, Jenne, Kanem, Kumasi, Gabu and Massina

Jul 3 - Royal Marriage with Morocco and The Mamluks

Sept 1 - I cancelled my mission to have a bigger navy than Castille and then we get one to fortify Bure and I agree.

Dec 14 - Revolt in Ife

Dec 27 - Sierra Leone expands

Jan 6, 1507 - We defeat the Oyo Nationalists in Ife

Feb 7 - Rebels in Zimbabwe

May 1 - Arguin has grown and is now a full province

Arguin -Initially established in self defense to keep Europeans from establishing points to explore around Africa, this Mali Sunni province has 4301 farmers making us 5.16 ducats annually. This port is south of Morocco’s former Portugese colony in Rio de Oro and north of our colony in Trarza.

May 13 - We lost in Zimbabwe

June 6 - We gained 2 taxbase in Zamfara after another Agricultural Revolution event. I order a workshop built here now, and in our former colony in Luanda.

Aug 8 - We won in Zimbabwe

Sept 3 - We fortity Bure and the next mission is to Destabilize The Mamluks. No thanks, they are my allies.

Sept 5 - We enter into a Royal Marriage with Najd.

Dec 1 - Konian is now a core province.

Dec 4 - Sierra Leone expanded

June 21, 1508 - Rebellion in Kumasi of Ashanti Nationalists

Aug 30 - I get an event Quality Ivory, and we gain a prestige because we’ve been making good ivory recently.

Oct 29 - We win in Kumasi and the rebels are defeated

Nov 18 - I order a fort in Arguin. Forgot to do that earlier.

Dec 4 - Sierra Leone expands

Jan 27, 1509 - English Fleet is in the coast off Gambia. Explorer fleet? Uh oh, only England has a port they can use, Madeira, to dig into Africa.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-18-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #75
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oh, forgot to give you the map I just made before I posted what I've bene doing since. Here we go:

Old 01-18-2009, 07:20 PM   #76
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Decisions

Feb 1 - Gvnment Tech Increase. New Idea available.

Options:

Humanist Tolerance - I could not get this before because of its prerequisites. It increases our tolerance of heathens by 2. This would have several effects. Revoltrisk in heathen (Animist, Shamanist) would reduce by 2 for the game. Futher provinces I took of Christian or other religons would be the same. Since I don’t get missionaries anymore, this is not bad. Secondly, population growth in all heathen states would improve. That’s good. Some are not growing at all, and this would begin to bump them up. These are good effects since missionaries are not on the horizon or in our pocket.

Bureaucracy - +5% taxes everywhere. Not bad. I don’t think we need it, our economy is strong enough as is.

Military Drill - Morale of armies +1. As mentioned before, this is pretty strong.

Engineer Corps - Our leaders become better at sieging. This is good as well, especially as Europeans start getting higher level forts.

After consideration, I am going with Humanist Tolerance

Old 01-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #77
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Time of Peace

Feb 22 - The English are coming back. I;m not sure how far down they went.

I take another look around the new world. Looks like England is the winner. They are the first country to set up a colony in the new world. They are in the Canadian province of Acadia.

Dec 7 - Rebels in Constantine. They are bleeding over from the Mamluks territory where they have captured a few of their provinces.

Dec 21 - I get an event Berber Revolt

Suppress the Berber Rebels - 5 nationalist regiments formed there. Kabylia gets +5 revolt risk for six months
Let Us Try to Negotiate - We get -5 taxes for six months, and lose 30 ducats. I choose number 2, just ot be nice.

Jan 17, 1510 - Kisarna expands.

Mar 1 - Naval tech increase

Mar 19 - We lose in Constantine.

May 3 - We win and destroy the rebels in Constantine.

Jan 11, 1511 - Kisarna expands.

Sept 1 - Production Tech Increase

I’ve been sending England a few gifts here and there and our relations are up to 170. I Want to keep them off my backs. I don’t know what they DOWd me before, but I want to keep from that again.

Nov 3 - I send colonist to Benguela, south of Kisarna. That’ll be our next colony. Nice taxbase, 5000 natives, and not as pissed off as many others.

Dec 15 - The Mamluks are going to war against Ethopia and as for my help. I agree, but porbably won’t do much. It’s a bit far away. Just in case I can get there in time to do something, I send my navy over to our Mutapan armies. That will take several months.

In other news, we lost our Destabilize The Mamluks and gained Out Fleet the Mamluks as a mission.

Feb 1, 1512 - We fail establish a colony in Benguela.Stupid colonists.

Apr 30 - We get the Colonial Company Founded event and gain 200 colonists in Brakna. Brakna is insalnd of Trarza, Wolof, Bambuk and Segu. It’s a low value colony but it has no natives, they’ve all been killed, so its just a matter of time for Brakna to become a full province, down the road.

July 29 - Troops are loaded off Sofala. I order them up the African coast towards Ethopia.

Aug 24 - I decline a white peace offer from Ethopia.

Oct 1 - Sierra Leone has grown into a full province.

Sierra Leone - Started by an event, the 8000 Sunni and Malinese people that trade in man are happy that they were founded. 4.96 ducats are made here annually. I order a fort built here. Sierra Leone is a port adjacent to Gabu, Futa Jallon and Konian.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:54 PM   #78
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

More Expansion

Nov 11 - 4700 of our troops arrive in the Ethopian province of Ifat.

Nov 28 - We capture Shoa.

Nov 29 - Ethiopia rejects a nice peace offer so I keep driving.

Dec 5 - The Mamluks have accepted peace. That was not smart. We could have driven Ethopia to the ground. Ah well, I retreat.

Jan 1, 1513 - Land Tech increases.

Feb 1 - Trade Tech increases.

Feb 7 - We set up a colony in Benguela

June 16 - Rebellion of a patriotic nature in Sena

July 14 - Rebellion in Zimbabwe

Aug 4 - We win in Sena

Aug 14 - Rebellion by Algerian Nationalists in Constantine

Sept 4 - We won in Constantine

Oct 9 - We win in Zimbabwe

Feb 10, 1514 - Benguela expands

June 4 - I cancel the Get a Bigger Army than Mamluks and get Fortify Zazzau as a mission. I agree.

June 27 - Brakna will be a grain province.

Aug 5 - Animist Rebels in Sena.

Sept 1 - Kisarna is now a full province

Kisarna - South of Luanda and Ndongo, and north of Benguela, this coastal ivory province has 9301 Sunni mali people making 4.32 ducats for us annually. I order a fort built here forthwith.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:12 PM   #79
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Peaceful Coexistance

Oct 28 - We win in Sena

Feb 23, 1515 - Agricultural Revolution gets two taxbase increase in Borno,

March 22 - Benguela expands

Mar 28 - There’s an English fleet sailing along the Ivory Coast, coming back from somewhere. I missed it earlier.

Apr 21 - Patriot Rebels in Sena.

May 2 - We get a Gift to the State event and gain 300 ducats

June 4 - Benguela will be a grain province

June 6 - We fortify Zazzau and the next mission is to Incorporate Swahili into our country.

June 21 - We defeat the rebels in Sena.

Sept 1 - Naval Tech increase

Oct 1 - Our four star Production Advisor has passed. I hire a five star Navigator, which increases our colonial range by 25% so I can colonize a place I;ve wanted for a while.

Nov 14 - Ahh, I still can’t reach it even with him. Boo! I need to be 278 and my max range with the guy is 263. Ah well, I fire him, and dispatch more colonists for Benguela. I hire a Lord Porprietor who increases colony growth by 2% per star, and he’s a two star guy. There’s no one else I want.

Dec 11 - I Promote Land Enclosures at Zimbabwe and Benin (increases tax in those provinces, at the risk of slightly higher rebel activity. For the game)

Feb 10, 1516 - Benguela expands

Apr 1 - The Canarias has become a full province.

The Canarias - 1501 Sunni Mali people fish for 9.20 ducats annually, in these islands. I order a fort built here immediately. I also order a workshop in Kisarna and Benin.

In about 14 years, my colonization efforts are going to move south, with a core being placed in Luanda, which will allow me to dig further. I need to finish up the places I want or need to colonize here in the east. First.

I want Cameroon, Fernando Po, Gabon, Grain Coast and Ivory Coast, the six coastal provinces in the area that could conceivably be used as ports of call by Europeans.

Since they suck already, I am going to move troops into Ivory Coast and Grain Coast and clear out the natives, drop one colonist in each, and then sit back and let them grow over time into real provinces.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #80
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Embrace of Cowards

Nov 26 - Agri Revolution in Constantine for two tax value there.

Jan 1, 1517 - We kill all the natives in Ivory Coast and I send in colonists. We also gain in Production Tech.

Jan 10 - Rebellion by Algerian Nationalists in Kabylia.

Jan 27 - Colony established in Ivory Coast.

Feb 17 - We lose in Kabylia

Mar 14 - Reviolt in Zumbo

Apr 19 - We win in Zumbo

Jume 17 - I get a nasty, nasty event. I’ll read it to you:

A Generation of Cowards

Many long years of peace have caused a disturbing lack of manly virtues in the comman man. This could be disastrous, since far too many of our recruit turn out to be cowards…

Purge Them! Lose 11,000 manpower, lose one stability
We Need Them For TEN Years, -10% discipline.

Wow. What a sucktastic event. I choose the second, but jeez neither is good and both are absolutely damning.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:00 PM   #81
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Peace Before War

June 20 - We win in Kabylia

Aug 1 - Cape Verde is now officially a colony.

Cape Verde - 1003 Mali Sunnis work the naval supplies trade in this island in the Coast of Guinea. They make us 2.89 ducats annually. I order a fort built here.

BTW, a castillean fleet is sailing the Coast right now. Heading where? With an admiral?

Nov 1 - Our other production advisor died. There’s no one I want to hire.

Feb 1, 1518 - We kill all of the natives in Grain Coast and send in colonists. We also gained Gold Coast as a core.

Mar 4 - Grain Coast is now a colony too.

May 1 - Production tech increase

Sept 17 - Rebels in Constantine

Oct 21 - Are defeated

Nov 1 - I send colonists to Fernando Po

Dec 10 - Colonization fails despite an 80% chance of taking on the first hit.

Marc 1, 1519 - Production tech Increase

July 1 - Land tech increase

July 6 - Slider change. I go towards quality again.

Dec 10 - Fernando Po is now our newest colony.

Mar 14,1520 - Bantu Patriot Rebels in Sofala

Aug 15 - Rebels are defeated in Sofala

Oct 21 - Ivory Coast will be a slave province

Dec 1 - Land tech increase

Jan 1, 1521 - After saving my money for a few years, I order a Textile Manufactory built in Kanem.

Jun 1 - Naval Tech Increase. With the increase colonial range, I hire the five star navigator again. Now I can reach the colony I want. I order my saved colonists to Cape, with a high tax value, just 500 natives with no aggressiveness. I still need to colonize a coupl eo fprovinces here before I go down sout,h, but this will give me an opportunity to just sit on the colony for a while when I build up my colonies.

Jul 1 - Trade Tech Increase

Oct 1 - Land tech Increase

Oct 18 - Our colony at Cape has been set up.

Jan 2, 1522 - Another Mamluk Ethopian war. This time they can fight it themselves, although I still join.

March 15 - I proclaim a guarantee on Adal

May 6 - Grain Coast will be a grain province

Aug 10 - I accept a white peace from Ethiopia

Sept 1 - Naval Tech increase

Sept 23 - Agricultural Revolution gives me 2 taxbase in Brakna.

Apr 2, 1523 - Trarza is now a core province

May 1 - Naval Tech increase

July 1 - Production tech increase

July 2. 1524 - -Fernando Po will be yet another ivory province. I’m making too much of that stuff as it is. Problem with Africa - not a diverse economy.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-21-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:28 AM   #82
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

East African Expansion

Swahili has pissed me off by building a center of trade literally, literally, next door to me in Quelimane. This pisses me off so much I do something I wasn;t going to do for a while, just so I can get rid of it.

I offer Swahili annexation. I have about a 50/50 chance of it taking. They reject my offer.

Nov 6 - Now that I;ve saved up a few colonists, I’m going to send several to Cameroon and hope for a good grouping of expansions and colonizations.

Dec 14 - Colony established. I can establish a colony when I need 43% of working, but I fail when I have an 80%. My luck. I send more.

I send a gift to Swahili

Jan 21, 1525 - We expand in Cameroon

Mar 2 - Cameroon expands

Apr 14 - Despite having a 79% chance of taking, our colonization attempt fails.

May 1 - I jettison our level two colony helper for a level one trade teach investor that was found in our capital.

May 5 - Cameroon will be an ivory province. Sigh.

June 26 - I send a gift to Swahili and maximize our relations

July 1 - Land Tech Increase

Sept 21 - Swahili rejects our annexation overtures

Nov 14 - Another gift

Jan 10, 1526 - Cameroon expands this time

Feb 1 - Trade Tech increase

May 28 - Agricultural Revolution event gives us 2 taxbase in Wasuju. I order a workshop there due to the increase.

July 1 - Naval Tech increase

Nov 10 =- I just saw some Portugese ships down in the Gulf of Kongo before they went out to sea.

England became Great Britain.

Jan 1, 1527 - I jettison our 5 star navigator when a 3 star statesman was found in Cape.

Jan 25 - Cameroon expands and grain will be the product in Cape.

Feb 1 - Gvnment tech Increase

Mar 24 - I send a gift to Swahili

As you can tell, rebellions have dwindled. We now have 0 revolt risk in the Mutapan and Kongolese provinces.

June 24 - Swahili accepts our annexation offer. I immediately destroy the COT in Quelimane.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #83
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our new provinces:

Quelimane - Adjacent to our Mutapan provinces lies this 3672 Animist Bantu provinces making us 5 ducats annually in the ivory trade.

Mozambique - 7684 ivory traders make us 5.23 ducats. They are of Bantu culture and are Animists. This province is north of Quelimane.

Kilwa - 13025 Swahili Animists mine gold in this coastal province north of Mozambique. 54.04 ducats are mined here annually.

Bagamayo - 3470 Animist Swahili make 2.84 ducats in the ivory trade. This is north of Kilwa and there is unclaimed land inward of here.

Tanga - North of Bagamoyo lies the 9227 people of Tanga, a Bantu Animist culture making us 2,93 ducats in the ivory trade.

Mombasa - 8715 Animists make us 6.41 ivory ducats and are of Swahili descent. This province is north of Tanga.

Malindi - North of Mombasa are the ivory traders of Malindi. 4.06 ducats are made here by the Swahili Animists.

Lamu - North of Mombasa lies the Animist Swahili ivory traders making us 4.04 ducats annually.

Mogadishu -This Sunni and Swahili province is also an ivory province where we get 3.29 ducats from the 12473 people here. North of Lamu.

Zanzibar - This island off the east African coast has 13533 Sunni Swahili people making 4.50 ducats off the slave trade.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #84
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Map of our new Provinces:

Old 01-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #85
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Territory and Dissidents Gained Alike

I have ordered my troops from the ex Mutapan provinces to march up the Swahili territory and take out the rebels. I need to float a navy over to get troops to Zanzibar to take out the rebels there.

We gained a core on Quelimane when we completed the mission to absorb Swahili. Our next mission is to Destabilize Castille.

July 1 Brakna has grown to full province size.

Brakna - After being colonized as the result of an event, Brakna then gained tax base from another event. 1000 Malinese Sunnis harvest grain and send us 5.47 ducats annually. I order a fort built here.

July 26 - I gain an event - Because we Focus on Defensive, I gain a level one fort in Konian for free.

Oct 31 - By now, virtually every province has been captured, but we defeated the rebels in Mozambique and captured it.

Jan 16, 1528 - Cameroon expands

Jan 25 - We defeat the final rebel army in Bagamoyo. The Mamluks once again DOW Ethopia and we join them, only now we are much closer.

Jan 28 - We lose the Castille mission and gain Restablish our Prestige.

Apr 7 - I land troops in Mamluks territory and march them to Ethiopia.

Apr 11 - All provinces have been freed from rebels.

Apr 21 - Rebels in Mozambique

I order walls built in Zanzibar

May 17 - Peace with Ethiopia.

July 20 - Rebels defeated

Sept 10 I order a fort built in Quelimane

Oct 18 - An another in Kilwa

Jan 14, 1529 - Cameroon expands

Mar 1 - Gvnment Tech Increase

May 1 - Benguela is now a full colony.

Benguela - south of Kisarna along the coast lies the 6001 people of Benguela. They make us 7.71 ducats harvesting grain. I order a fort built here.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #86
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Enter Greatness

Oct 17 - I order fort in Bagamoyo

Dec 3 - Because Quelimane is a core from completing the Swahili absorption mission, I can use it as a base of sending colonists. I send my first colonists to Imhambane. South of Sofala, with 2000 n atives and zero aggressiveness plus a nice tax value, I can let them establish a base of operations there and let them grow while I colonize elsewhere.

Feb 10, 1530 - 4000 Noble Rebels rise in Zumbo

Feb 18 0 They storm the walls and take the province

June 1 Gvnment Tech Increase

June 15 - Inhambane is our newest colony

June 30 - We win in Zumbo and begin a siege to retake the province

Jul 1 - Production Tech Increase

Aug 2 - Luanda is now a core province

Sept 23 - Our leader dies. Here is our new one - Ishaq I, Admin 8, Military 7, Diplo 7. That’s a strong leader.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:48 PM   #87
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Reign of Ishaq I Begins

Oct 19 - I order a fort built in Tanga

Dec 3 - The Mamluks are having a rebel problem out east by our new ex-Swahili provinces. I send colonists to Little Karoo, adjacent to Cape at the south end of Africa. Again, this is a province with very light native resistance which can growe into a colony without need of further application of colonists.

Feb 8, 1531 - We capture Zumbo. I order a fort built in Mozambique

Mar 25 - Adal rejected our marriage proposal

Apr 29 - Little Karoo is established.

July 1 - YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAY. Today was a day I have built for and waited for for over a century. Today, we get Tech Level 15, the ability to get monopolies in COTs, such as Timbuktu, where no other country has a merchant. That means the wealthy Timbuktu, which I’ve been destroying all other nearby COTs to strengthen, will now give us significantly more ducats annually in trade there as soon as I establish a monopoly.

July 17 - We establish a monopoly in Timbuktu.

Aug 14 - Rebels in Malindi

Oct 3 - Rebels defeated

Nov 14 - I order forts in Mogadishu and Mombasa

Jan 1, 1532 - My next colonists are sent to Bourbon for the same reason, to grow into a real colony later, with no native presence on the isle, this should be easy, emphasis on should.

July 11 - Agricultural Revolution gives us two taxbase in Benguela. I order a workshop built there.

Aug 1 - Naval Tech Increase

Aug 16 - Colony in Bourbon. I see another island now that I didn’t see before that I have not discovered close to Bourbon. Ah well. I wish I could see it, but them’s the breaks

Sept 3 - I send a gift to Adal.

Oct 1 - Land tech increase. I can now build level 2 forts.

Nov 2 - I order level 1 forts in Malindi and Lamu

Dec 1 - Colonists dispatched to the island of Mahe, north of Madagascar. Same deal, colonize it, no aggressiveness natives, let it grow.

Dec 15 - Rebels in Kilwa.

Jan 26, 1533 - Slider Change. I choose to move towards Free Subjects and get the Better Administration event, which lowers our inflation by two.

Mar 12 - We defeat the rebels in Kilwa

June 3 - Another gift to Adal.

July 2 - We get an event - Fortification Upgrade in Kumasi. It is now a level two fort.

Aug 10 - Colony established in Mahe

Nov 2 - All former provinces from Swahili now have level one forts.

Dec 6 - The Timurids are trying toi colonize Majerteen, right above Mogadishu. This will not do. If they fail by Feb 1, then I’ll send in my own colonists and try to musle them out.

Jan 3, 1534 - Adal accepts a Royal Marriage with us.

Feb 2 - With a 1 in three chance of success, the Timurids fail. We have much better odds (since we are a tropical nation, we do not suffer the penalty for colonizing tropical provinces), I send in our own.

Several nearby provinces defeat to Adal after The Mamluks lost them to rebels.

Mar 1 - Gvnment Tech Increase. Another province defects to Ethopia.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:55 AM   #88
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Reign of Ishaq I - War in East Africa

May 2 - I DOW Ethopia. I am tired of The Mamluks taking their provinces, and then just getting ducats. I have no intention of making such a mistake.

All of our allies are in,

By the end of the month, we have captured two provinces and are besieging the third.

June 1 - Ivory Coast is now a full province. We’ll take a look after the war.

June 11 - I reject a peace offer for Gojjam. I want both of their non-capital provinces. And their fealty.

Oct 1 - The four Kongolese provinces are now cores.

Oct 7 - Ifat falls. I force them to give us Gojjam, Ifat, give up all of their claims, and vassalized them.

Ifat - 5263 Sunni Ethopians work this wool province making us 4.39 ducats. This province is not next to any of ours, being next to unclaimed territory, Adal and The Mamluks. There is a temple and fort here.

Gojjam - 3825 Sunni Ethopians harvest grain here for 4,87 ducats annually. This province is next to Ethopia’s captial, Adal, and several unclaimed provinces, but not The Mamluks.

Ivory Coast - 1006 slave traders make us 4.44 ducats annually in this port. I order a fort built here.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #89
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Reign of Ishaq I Continues

Oct 11 - We succeeded in our mission to improve our prestige. Now we get a mission to fortify Gojjam. I agree and order a fort built here forthwith. I begin to build another army for the eastern part of Africa.

Oct 19 - Adal have agreed to be our allies.

Oct 21 - Then they break their alliance. This aspect of diplomacy I find annoying, it’s very unrealistic.

Nov 1 - Kongolese is now an accepted part of our culture.

Nopv 17 - Colony established in Majerteen. Now, here is what’s weird with this. Majerteen is a Penal Colony. So, while I own it, I get an increase revolt risk from it. I also get more in taxes and my Global Colonial Growth is +10%. Nice eh?

Dec 2 - More colonists are sent to Majerteen.

April 6, 1535 0 Inhambane will be ivory. Yay ;(

Sept 1 - Grain Coast is now a full province:

Grain Coast: 1003 farmers make us 3.6 ducats annually. I order fort built here.

Sept 15 - Majerteen expanded.

Oct 13 - We fortify Gojjam and the next mission is to do the same in Gobir, which I agree to.

Nov 1 - Cameroon is now self sustaining.

Cameroon - 10001 ivory traders work this province, sending us 4.64 ducats annually. South of Calabar and north of the unsettled Gabon (but soon to be). I order a for built here.

Nov 27 - Fortification Upgrade in Kano

Old 01-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #90
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Reign of Ishaq I - War Enjoined

Jan 5, 1536. Uh oh. The Mamluks are DOWd by the Ottomans. The Ottoman allies are Gotland, Bosnia, Serbia, Iraq, Golden Horde, Kazakh and Qara Koyunlu. Wow. We are the only ally of the Mamluks. Wow. I accept hoping to keep my ally for now and that we will stay out of the war. I have no desire to piss on the Ottomans.

Apr 10 - Gotland has landed 1000 men in The Canarias.

May 28 - I land 6000 troops.

June 18 - We win in The Canarias.

July 2 - We accept a white peace offer from Qara Koynulu so they are out.

Sept 14 - majerteen expands.

Oct 15 - Gobir is fortified and now they want us to naval race Mecklemburg.

Dec 10 - The Ottomans land a force in The Canarias.

Dec 18 - majerteen is a slave province.

Jan 1, 1537 0 Government Tech Increase.

Jan 22 - Little Karoo will be a gold province.

Feb 6 - I retreat from a naval battle after I see 54 Turkish ships heading towards me. I kid you not, 54.

Mar 15 0 They capture The Canarias

Mar 30 - They capture two of my transports before I can get my fleet in harbor.

Apr 14 - Ivory Coast gets hit with an Epidemic.

May 20 - I load up 6000 troops and will send them to The Canarias

June 21 - Revolt in Lamu (Swahili)

The Mamluks are getting overrun.

July 1 - We land in The Canarias

July 11 - We lost badly.

Aug 7 - Rebels are defeated. The Mamluks are having serious rebels problems in the east by us while they lose in the Mid East. My guess is that we’ll see some of them join Adal soon.

Aug 15 - We accept a white peace with Golden Horde. We are negotiating for the alliance.

Sept 17 - Sugar will be the product in Bourbon.

Sept 30 Majerteen expands

The Mamluks are also having rebel problems in their western N Africa provinces.

Dec 31 - We completed the Naval race against Mecklemburg mission and now get the same against Castille.

Feb 21, 1538 - We lose again in The Canarias.

Mar 1 - All of the former Mutapan provinces are now cores.

Jul 5 - After adding many transports to my fleet, we land 11000 troops in The Canarias and have defeated the Turks and begun the siege.

Sept 13 - Majerteen expands

Dec 1 - We recapture The Canarias. I will leave this army here and immediately order the building of a level two fort.

Dec 14 0 rebels in Mozambique

Jan 21, 1539 - I accept peace with Iraq for our alliance for 100 ducats and the release of Benin as my vassal. Now I can just conquer them a remove the last country from the area.

I know its during a war, but I order a university built in Timbuktu (which was built by Songhai there in real life).

March 8, 1539 - Spices in Mahe.

Apr 18, 1539 - Rebels defeated.

The Mamluks look to be getting saved by the Turks who are conquering provinces held by rebels. They might get lucky.

Apr 23 - Agricultural Revolution for Dendi. I order a workshop there.

June 21 - Rebels in Mombasa

July 1 - Fernando Po is now self sustaining.

Fernando Po - This island has 1002 ivory traders send us 5.32 ducats annually. I order a fort built here.

Aug 1 - I decide to go help my ally.

Sept 14 - We are now at peace with Gotland for 25 ducats and Ethopia is no longer our vassal.

Sept 18 - Majerteen expands

Nov 2 - Rebels defeated

Dec 1 - Whydah is now a core province.

Jan 1, 1540 - Ashanti is no longer an accepted culture

Jan 9 - We defeat the Ottomans in Berber.

Jan 21 - I offer the Ottomans peace for our alliance and they get the following five provinces from The Mamluks - Gaza, Judea, AlKarak, Hawran and Baduyat Ash Sham, all in the middle east outside of Africa.

They accept.

I was an idiot to join this war. The Ottomans could have taken me out any time they wanted to. I had two provinces in the Medterranean and The Canarias and more. I am an idiot. I did not prepare with level two forts or anything. I’m just lucky they concentrated virtually all of their force on The Mamluks.

Well, I no longer have Benin and Ethiopia as vassals.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #91
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Reign of Ishaq I - Removing Annoyances

Jan 24 - Benin broke their alliance with us. I move troops over to her. I do the same for Ethiopia. It’s time to take these weaknesses out.

Fen 15 - We cancel military access with Benin.

Mar 16 - I DOW Benin.

Apr 14 - We win in Oyo and destroy the Benin army and capture their capital.

May 2 - I DOW Ethiopia

May 16 - We defeat the Ethiopian troops and capture their capital.

June 2 - We annex Benin.

Oyo - 7.17 ducats are harvested annually by the Animist Yorumba people of Oyo.

June 7 - We annex Ethiopia.

Gonder - Adjacent to us in Gojjam is the Sunni Ethiopian people of Gonder. 7.13 ducats are made by the quiet farmers here. I order a fort built here.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #92
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Reign of Ishaq - Harvesting Grain Before a Storm

Sept 1 - Two provinces switch to Adal from The Mamluks.

Sept 14 - Majerteen expands

Dec 1 - The next place I;m sending colonists is Gabon, south of Cameroon and north of Loango. Colonizing it connects my provinces in the old Kongo region and several colonies south with points north including my main provinces. We have a 60% chance of taking.

Jan 14, 1541 - Colonization failed.

Apr 2 - I send a gift to Adal.

May 9 - I cancel the Castille mission. Now I need to make an army bigger than Great Britain. Actually, we’re close, so I order some more troops built, Tercio Infantry, which I was going to use to replace my older infantry.

June 1 - More provinces flock to Adal’s banner

July 1 - Tunisia and Algiers have formed from the old Mamluk states in the area. They are my neighbors in N Africa.

Sept 6 - Royal Marriage with Tunisia

I am going to have to do something that I was not sure I’d have to do until now, but it is becoming apparent, that The Mamluks are simply too untrustworthy with the land Allah gave them.

Sept 21 - Revolt in Gonder

Nov 28 - We win in Gojjam

Jan 17, 1542 - We get the Colonial Compnay Founded event and 200 colonists are placed in Worodugu.

Feb 16 - We have a new colony in Gabon now.

Apr 2 - We now have an army bigger than Great Britain and won that mission. The next mission is to improve defenses in Arguin. I agree and order a level two fort there.

July 3 - Adal has granted us military access.

July 14 - Revolt in Oyo

July 25 - rebels defeated

Nov 1 - Majerteen is now a full province.

Majerteen - North of Mogadishu on the tip of the horn of Africa lies Majerteen. 3700 slave raders produce 5.26 ducats for us annually.

Nov 21 - Rebels in Tanga

Dec 9 - We win in Tanga

Jan 1, 1543 - I cancel military access through Mamluks

Jan 27 - Gabon expands

Mar 1 - Kisarna is now a core

Apr 5 - We improve defenses in Arguin and the next task is to build a fort in Majerteen, and I agree.

May 6 - Royal Marriage with Morocco. My permanent ally.

June 1 - A level four Treasurer (Trade Tech Investor) arrived in Segu and I drop my one star guy for him.

July 17 - Tunisia gives us military access.

Set 21 - Rebels in Ifat

Nov 12 - We crushify them

Dec 14 - Revolt in Gonder

Dec 17 - Defeated

Dec 26 - I order Improve Frontier Defences in Gold Coast. This means it will have +5% population growth for the entirety of the game, but -4% local trade income. I do the same in Konian, Loango, and Sofala.

Jan 1, 1544 - Production Tech Increase

Jan 15 0 Gabon expands

Feb 1 - Trade Tech increase

Apr 7 - We build a fort and finish that mission. Next one, improve defences in Mogadishu. I agree and order a level 2 fort there. What this is doing is driving up my army tradition, so that when I get a couple of generals prior to war, they will be better.

June 1 - Cape is now a full colony!

Cape - 1500 farmers in this South African province give us 13.14 ducats annually! Awesome. I order a workshop built here. I also Promote Land Enclosures

Old 01-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #93
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Reign of Ishaq I - Closing to War

July 1 - Worodugu was damaged by natives.

July 16 - Gabon is now a slave province

Jan 1, 1545 - Govnment Tech increases. New Idea.

Options:

Military Drill, as mentioned earlier

Bureaucracy, as mentioned earlier

Engineer Corps, as mentioned earlier

I go with Military Drill

Jan 15 - Gabon expands

Mar 14 - Tunisia has agreed to be our allies.

Apr 9 - We finish the fort and the next one asks us to builda fleet with over 30 big ships. Not sure I want to, but I’ll hold onto it for now.

Oct 1 - Naval Tech Increase

Jan 1, 1546 - Our Land Tech Increase. Little Karoo is now a full province.

Little Karoo - The gold mines in this province are right beside our people in Cape. 1500 people make us 53.56 ducats annually. I order a workshop built here.

Jan 25 - Gabon expands

Feb 1 - I recruit a pair of generals

May 1 - The Canarias is now a core province.

I’ve been waiting on war to end between The Mamluks and Algeria, Tunis. You Can’t break with an ally during war.

Oct 24 - Najd will allow our troops military access

Nov 24 - The Mamluks and Tunisia are at a White Peace

Jan 13, 1547 - I send colonists to Roggeveld, an inland unclaimed land by Cape and Little Karoo.

Jan 15 - The Mamluks go with peace with Algiers and take Gafsa.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:37 PM   #94
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Reign of Ishaq I - The First Mamluks-Songhai War

Perfect

I know that I said I would only take African provinces this game,a nd that was my only concern, but in this war, I am going to bend that rule one and only one time. You’ll see.

Jan 19 - I break my alliance with The Mamluks.

June 9 - Roggeveld is our newest colony.

This will be the first time, in a long time, that I will intentionally hurt my stability like this.

June 9, 1547 - I DOW The Mamluks. Our stability drops three.

I have prepared for this in several ways.

I have a fleet with 12000 soldiers in the Bay of Alexandria to hit their central provinces.

I have an army of 6000 in Najd to hit their province outside of Africa that I want.

I have an army of 7000 in Gonder ready to move into the lower Nile region and start taking provinces.

I have an army in Constantine of 10000, including 2000 artillery, ready to move along to N African coast and take provinces.

June 11 - Tunisia does not join us.

June 12 - I move my slider towards Quality.

June 19 - We begin the siege of Delta.

The Ottomans and Iraq are also fighting here again.

July 16 - We assault and capture Delta

Aug 4 - We win in Cairo and begin a siege.

Aug 18 - We assault and capture the one province outside of Africa that I want: Mecca.

Sept 1 - The savages of Worodugu rose up and destroyed our colony here.

Oct 1 - Cape Verde is now a core

Oct 9 - We capture Cairo

Nov 1 - The Ottomans got to Alexandria before we did and they are besieging it now.

Jan 13, 1548 - We capture Gafsa

Feb 3 - Our Arabian army captures Qatar, just to drive up the warscore.

Feb 19 - We capture Tripolitania

Mar 6 - We win in Libya and begin a siege there.

Mar 18 - Adal DOWd The Mamluks. So has Najd.

April 1 - Sierra Leone is now a core

May 1 - We capture both Berber and Massawa

May 31 - We settle a colony in Greater Karoo.

June 24 - We defeat a small Mamluk army in Suakin and begin a siege there.

July 2 - Inhambane has grown into a full colony. Details after the war.

Aug 17 - We capture Cyrenaica

Aug 30 - EXCELLENT news. The Ottomans took Diamentia for peace with the Mamluks, leaving us a chance to take a lot.

Sept 14 - We capture Ibrim.

Oct 2 - Libya falls to us.

Oct 23 - We capture Sirt

Oct 31 - We capture Nile.

Nov 9 - We captuer Alexandria.

Morocco captured Kargah

Dec 28 - Now Iraq is at peace with The Mamluks and they took an Arabian province.

Jan 12, 1549 - I assault Sinai and capture it.

Jan 30 - We capture Beni Yas in Arabia.

Feb 15 - Gabon expands

Feb 20 - We assault and capture Asyut

March 12 - We assault and capture Liwa in Arabia

Mar 30 - We fail an assault in Suakin.

May 18 - rebels in Tanga

May 20 - rebels in Malindi

June 2 - Nubia fell to us

June 4 - We assault and capture Suakin

June 20 - We crush rebels in tanga

July 2 - The Mamluks come to peace with Najd and lose Bahrain. That’s good for us. Bahrain was the only province not under our or Morocco’s control.

The problem is that although The mamluks have a lot of provinces, they don’t have a lot of good provcines. Seperating the wheat from the chaff is not hard, but finding quality provinces is.

July 31 - Rebels in Malindi defeated

Sept 25 - We get colonian company founded and get two hundred colonists in Wukari, one of our crappier inland provinces.

I found two provinces of The Mamluks that we did not capture, and that’s keeping my warscore down, so I order a fleet of tranports to take some armies over to south Arabia.

Oct 9 - the Hedjaz gives us military access so I can get to The mamluks

Oct 12 - Morocco took a white peace so now I need to recapture their province of Kargah

We will be delaying the normal 50 year review until post war

Dec 20 - We capture Dhofar

Jan 2, 1550 - We capture Mahra.

Jan 3 - We capture Kargah.

I send a peace offer for four provinces. That’s it, all of this war for four provinces. What four?

Jan 4 - they accept:

We receive Alexandria, Delta, Sinai and Mecca.

Sinai is sorta in the middle of Africa and Asia. I won’t go past it.

As part of my 150 year review, I will include these four provinces and the newly colonized Inhambane.

Plus maps!

Old 01-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #95
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Old 01-26-2009, 04:32 PM   #96
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

150 Year Review

We have 9% inflation. We currently lead the world with 42 prestige, but we just won a war. Our income is the second best in the world, behind only France. We are about four levels behind Europe in techs

We have the fourth largest army in the world, currently, but that will rise as my troops return and are restocked from our manpower.

We have the 10th largest navy. We now have 84 provinces and are neighbors with the Ottomans, Iraq, and Najd.

Ming is still the largest country with 92. We are second now. France is third at 69. Alexandria is the third richest COT in the world. Timbuktu is the 8th.

Current Order of Trade Goods (From Richest to Least):

Furs
Salt
Cloth
Wine
Copper
Fish
Iron
Slaves
Wool
Tobacco
Coffee
Chinaware
Spices
Sugar
Naval Supplies
Grain
Cotton
Tea
Ivory
Gold

Old 01-26-2009, 05:41 PM   #97
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our Lands

Okay, we currently have six colonies, let’s take a look:

Bourbon - With 883 people, this island is already making us 6.31 ducats in the sugar trade.

Mahe - This island of spices is making us 3.59 ducats already with 838 people there.

Gabon - Currently at 857 with colonists on the way, this slave trading province connects important land holdings of ours, and is making us 5.38 ducats already/

Wukari - Established by event, the 209 people in this province are fighting highly aggressive natives in order to colonize.

Roggeveld - An inland colony with 222 people, making us just .93 ducats annually in taxes.

Great Karoo - Another inland colony with 179 people and 0.84 ducats

Let’s start with the former Mamluks provinces:

Alexandria - The prize of prizes. This coastal COT has 166438 al Misr Arabic Sunni people making us 25.75 ducats annually in the grain trade. I order a level 2 fort here. Comes with Temple.

Delta - The Nile Delta is a place of fishermen, where 27639 al Misr Arabic people make us 12.72 ducats next to Alexandria. I order the fort here too. Comes with Temple.

Sinai - Not adjacent to any of our provinces is the 3724 salt trading al Misr Arabic people making us 11,89 ducats annually, almost all of that in production. I order a level 2 fort here as well. There is a Temple here as well.

Mecca - Where other provinces have economic value, Mecca has religious value. 25544 Bendouin Arabic Sunnis work the spice trade and make us 3.16 ducats annually. There is another Temple here and in a year, there will be a level two fort.

The ex-Ethiopian Provinces - All are Sunni Ethiopian

Gonder - 8664, grain, 5.54 ducats

Gojjam - 4192, grain, 4.34 ducats

Ifat - 5750, wool, 4.56 ducats, temple.

Next up areN Africa Holdings - All are Berber Sunni

Constantine - 26029, grain, 6.67, workshop

Kabylia - 10710, grain, 6.36, workshop

Aures - 3777, iron, 8.59, temple, workshop

Next up are ex-Swahili provinces - All but Mogadishu are Animist.

Mogadishu - 14182, Swahili, 3.21, ivory

Lamu - 5971, ivory, Swahili, 3.06

Malindi - 7587, 3.09, ivory, Swahili

Mombasa - 9034, 4.23, ivory, Swahili

Tanga - Bantu, 9614, ivory, 2.58

Bagamayo - Swahili, ivory, 2,47, 3618

Kilwa - 13367, gold, 52.38, Swahili

Mozambique - 7999, Bantu, ivory, 3.65
Suleiman - Bantu, 3832, ivory, 2.47

Former Mutapan provinces - All are Animist

Sofala - Bantu, gold, 9909, 53.40, Frontier Defences

Sena - 8051, ivory, Bantu, 3.10

Zumbo - Shona, 7290, ivory, 3.09

Masapa - gold, Shona, 6428, 47.08

Barwe - 3.37 ducats, 10755 Shonas, grain

Uteve - gold, 10182, 51.02, Shona

Urungwe - ivory, 9206, 3.13, Shona

Zimbabwe - Shona, 11759, gold, 57.08, Land Enclosures

Former Kongo Provinces - All are Animist and Kongolese

Ndongo - 1924, slaves, 7.61

Kongo - 7324, grain, 12.65, workshop, Land Enclosure

Mayombe - 2655, slaves, 6.86

Loango - 6961, ivory, 3.20, Frontier Defences

Former Colonies - All are Sunni and Mali

Majerteen - 3862, slaves, 5.95, Penal Colony

Inhambane - south of Sofala lies the ivory province of Imhambane. 3031 people make us 6,72 ducats here. I order a workshop built here.

Little Karoo - 1526 gold miners, 54.86 ducats, workshop

Cape - 16.29 ducats, 1551 peopls, grain, workshop, Land Enclosure

Benguela - 6793, grain, 12.46 ducats, workshop, Land Enclosure.

Kisarna - 6.69 ducats, 11497 ivory traders, workshop

Luanda - 9.04 ducats, workshop, ivory, 8825 people

Cameroon - 10888, 4.45 ducats, ivory

Fernando Po - Ivory (Which doesn’t make sense, there’re no elephants on the islands.) 1069, 4.27 ducats

Whydah - 8265, ivory, 5.61 ducats

Gold Coast - 5.64 ducats, 14792, ivory, Frontier Defences

Ivory Coast - 1102, slaves, 5.78 ducats

Grain Coast - 1093, grain, 3.26 ducats

Konian - 6692, 3.10 ducats, ivory, Frontier Defences

Sierra Leone - 10003, slaves, 7.51

Brakna - 1144, grain, 5.69 ducats

Trarza - 1467, slaves, 5.80

Arguin - 5555, 4.57, grain

Cape Verde - 1218, naval supplies, 3.27

The Canarias - 1822, fish, 9.36 ducats.

East provinces - All are Sunni Mali

Bagirmi - 10700, 4.45, ivory

Kanem - 31744, wool, 23.53, workshop, textile manufactory. The Manufactory makes this awesome.

Mandara - 10781, grain, 5.89, Local Fortifications

Damagaram - 17356, salt, 13,64

Kano - 6394, grain, 7.09

Zazzau - 5.47, 49331, grain

Central Songhai Most are Mali and Sunni unless I say otherwise

Gobir - 51461, salt, 18.79

Zamfara - 8331, grain, Animists, 5.67, workshop, Support of Religious Minorities

Dendi - 13734, grain, 9.38, workshop

Tadimekket - 9854, Tuareg, salt, 15.82

Gao - 25926, 16.70, grain, workshop

Timbuktu - 62847, salt, COT, 64.29 ducats annually, temple, workshop, marketplace, university, Land Enclosures

West Songhai - All are Mali unless I say otherwise

Massina - 6.90 ducats, 8663 peopls, grain, workshop

Jenne - 38535, grain, 11.80, workshop, Land Enclosure

Kumasi - 57.64, gold, 5909, workshop, Ashanti

Segu - 29568, grain, 12.13, workshop

Wasuju - 6.77 ducats, workshop, 32068, grain, Support of Religious Minorties

Bure - 32940, gold, 86.08, workshop

Bambuk - Animist, 10613, gold, 65.94, workshop, Support of Religious Minorties, Land Enclosure.

Futa Jallon - ivory, 33899, workshop, 10.71

Gabu - 22131, ivory, 9.29, workshop

Wolof - Senegambian Animist, slave, 7514, 6.78

Cayor - 12845, Senegambian Animist, slave, 6.34

And there you are. Whew!

Old 01-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #98
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Reign of Ishaq I - Administrata

Jan 21 - Gabon expands

Mar 2 - Arguin is a core. Our level 3 naval reformer has passed away. I hire a level 3 de-interest maker

May 1 - I get an event and Zanzibar has turned to Shiite. Yuck.

May 19 - We force some merchants away and get five in Alexandria

Aug 2 - I proclaim a guarantee against Algiers and Tunisia

Sept 2 - I get an event - Revolt in Delta. Choices:

Ignore Them - 21 regiments rise up in Delta, 10 in Alexandria
Lower Taxes - For four years, Delta loses 10% of her taxes and I lose 2 prestige

Well, do I fight thirty one thousand regiments of rebels or lower taxes in one province for four years? Now, what would be funny is to let the regiments capture them, and then move out to Mamluks or Ottoamns and rape them. But, I;m still building in those provinces and I don’t wan to lose the money I invested there.

I lower taxes

Nov 1 - Stability increase

Nov 21 - Patriot revolt in Alexandria

Dec 4 - We crush the rebels.

Jan 4, 1531 - I order a workshop in Alexandria, Delta. I order Land Enclosures in Alexandria

Jan 14 - I proclaim a guarantee for the Ottomans

Feb 20 - The Ottomans accept my request for military access. Now I can move troops from Sinai into Delta and Alexandria.

Mar 1 -I send colonists to Ogaden, an inland unclaimed territory where the natives have been killed with little value, but creates a land connection between two Swahili provinces on one end and Ifat on the other.

May 1 - Gabon is now self sufficient

Gabon - This is a major land connection. 8000 slave traders make us 7,45 ducats annually. Now we have taken all sea provinces down to Benguela. The three between Benguela and Cape are really bad. Lowest tax value possible with aggressive natives (but not too aggressive, especially for Africa).

Old 01-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #99
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A Look Around the World

July 2 - Najd rejcts our Royal Marriage proposal

I recruit a four star fire general.

Nov 20 - Ogaden colony established

I jettison my level 3 inflation down advisor for a level six one.

Jan 4, 1552 - I send a gift to the Ottomans.

Feb 7 - Revolt in Ife

Feb 17 - We win.

Mar 16 - I order a fort in Oyo.

March 27 - Our great ruler died. Meet his son Ishaq II - Admin 3, Military 7, Diplo 8.

Apr 9 - Another gift to the Ottomans

May 4 _ I have gotten a bunch of discoveries including those in the new world. I could, anytime if I wanted, start colonizing the new world, but that’s not my mission in this game.

World Update:

What’s going on in May 1552?

Great Britain has heavily colonized northern coast of Brazil. No one is in the rest of South America

Great Britain has colonized Florida and parts in the south, taking them from the Creek and other natives.

Castill ehas taken the Carolinas and the east coast up through Jersey. Portugal has several provinces in New England. Several coastal provinces in Canada have been colonized by both Portugal and Britain.

It looks like England has decided to steer clear of the Caribbean for now. Castille has Hispaniola, part of Cuba, and two Winward Islands. Portugal has the rest of Cuba, and Burmuda as well, fyi.

In Europe, France has taken much of Germany. It keeps gobbling provinces.

Vencie has wrested control over much of Italy from Naples, and it is beginning to look like an Italian power.

Bohemia is carving out a nice sized little stae for itself.

Sweden controls virtually every province in Scandinavia

Castille has eaten a few of Portugal’s Iberian provinces.

The Ottomans are speading into Europe as far west as Croatia, but they are moving slowly.

Polotsk is being eaten by a new Lithuania. Muscowy looks to be the major Russian player from the region.

Ming has finished conquering all of SE asia and Malaysia except for one country, Sukhothai. If I had been playing that province in this dynasty, I would be surrounded by Ming on all side. They have yet to jump into the Indies.

India has been split up again into numerous states.

And that’s all the news of 1552.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #100
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Reign of Ishaq II - Continuance of Greatness

June 1 - Bantu patriot rebels in Sofala

Aug 1 - Bourbon is now an official province

Bourbon - 1000 sugar planters make us 8.45 ducats annually. I order a workshop here.

Aug 14 - rebellion in Alexandria

Aug 28 - We win in Alexandria

Sept 27 - Slaves in Great Karoo

Oct 25 - Ottomans accepted our RM proposal

Dec 17 - I lost in Sofala

Jan 1, 1553 - Stability increase’

I’m disappointed that there’s been no event trigger for holding Mecca and being Islamic. When you grabbed Jerusalem and were Christian, you got an event that added annually to you prestige, if I remember correctly. I’d think the same should be true here, and its not. Disappointing.

Jan 21 - Rebels in Quelimane

Mar 30 - We lose in Quelimane

Jul 18 - revolt in Sinai wich we immediately win.

Aug 1 -- Mahe has expanded into a full blown province.

Mahe - 1500 spice traders make us 4.94 ducats here annually. I order a level 1 fort.

Aug 10 - We win in Quelimane

Aug 27 - We get news that Roggeveld will be a gold province (as it was in EU3 pre-expansions).

Oct 17 - rebels in Ifat

Jan 1, 1554 - We win in Ifat

Jan 14 - Slaves in Wukari.

Feb 8 - Let’s try this again. I offer Adal a royal marriage. They accept.

Feb 24 - Najd also agrees to a RM.

I lik ehaving good relations with the states in the area. Normally, when I take a bunch of provinces, I have to worry about defense so much because the Sunnis and Shiites will DOW me all the time, but now I can just buddy buddy with everyone.

Mar 11 - rebels in Gojjam

Apr 4 - Are defeated

With just Morocco as our ally, and I believe we will be allies for centuries, I need another ally or two. I start looking.

Apr 5 - Adal declines an allianc eoffer.

Sept 1 - Agricultural Revolution in Constantine.

Oct 28 - I am going to start killing natives in Taodeni and Azawadd, the rest of the Sahara corridor, and then colonize both and let them grow over time into full provinces.

Dec 20 - I kill then all in Azawadd and send a colonist.

Jan 1, 1555 - We set up a colony in Azawadd