Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-16-2008, 01:08 AM   #1
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Bringing the NBA to Oklahoma City: NBA 2K9

Quote:
In June 2008, a lawsuit between the City of Seattle and Bennett went to Federal Court and nearly a month later the two sides reached an agreement to settle. The terms would award the city of Seattle $45 million to get out of the remaining lease at KeyArena, and could provide an additional $30 million payment to Seattle in 2013 if certain conditions are met. The owners agreed to leave the 'SuperSonics' name, logo, and colors in Seattle for a possible future NBA franchise; however the items would remain the property of the Oklahoma City team along with other "assets" including championship banners and trophies.On September 3, 2008, the team name along with logo and color were announced.

JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:42 AM   #2
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2008 Opening Day Roster

Here's a look at our roster as we begin our quest to become a winning team in a new city. We're a young team, but have some promising young talent and a budding superstar.

STARTERS

PG:
Russell Westbook, 19 yo (R) 6'3", 187 lbs.

Westbrook is our first round pick from the last draft, taken with the fourth overall pick. He's not the greatest outside shooter, but he's an excellent defender, handles the ball well, and is a great athlete. I see him doing great things for us in the future, but understand that it could take a couple years.

SG: Damien Wilkins, 28 yo (5) 6'6", 225 lbs.

Wilkins is our outside shooting threat. He doesn't really do much else that well. He's a decent defender, but his biggest weakness is ball handling.

SF: Kevin Durant, 20 yo (2) 6'9", 215 lbs.

Durant is the star of the team and is on his way to becoming a superstar. Last season, he averaged 20.3 PPG. I'm hoping that I can build around him and Westbrook. Durant can score from inside and beyond the arc equally well. His defense isn't great and neither is his rebounding, but he's a smart player and will dominate on offense.

PF: Jeff Green, 22 yo (2) 6'9", 235 lbs.

Green was picked up in the trade that sent Ray Allen to the eventual NBA Champion Celtics. He was the 5th pick in the draft by Boston but never played for them. I really like this guy. He's average on the inside, and just above average at outside scoring. His defense isn't spectacular either, but he's got a lot of potential. He's a guy that I would give up in a trade but wouldn't be unhappy with if he sticks around.

C : Chris Wilcox, 26 yo (7) 6'10", 235 lbs.

Here's a guy that will be battling for his starting job with Nick Collison. He's a pretty good inside scorer and a fairly good rebounder, but his post defense is less than ideal.

SIXTH MAN

PG/SG:
Earl Watson, 29 yo (8) 6'1", 185 lbs.

Watson is a solid player, but is being displaced by the rookie Westbrook. He should still see a lot of time though. He's an excellent athlete and a good ball handler, and not bad at all on the perimeter on both offense and defense. With this team though, I think it's best to get our young guys out there.

ROLE PLAYERS

C/PF:
Nick Collison, 28 yo (6) 6'10", 255 lbs.

Collison should get a good amount of playing time. He's a better rebounder than Wilcox but isn't as good on offense. He can play both C and PF.

PF/C: Joe Smith, 33 yo (14) 6'10", 225 lbs.

This former #1 overall pick is the veteran of our squad. He's a fairly good scorer and rebounder but is only average on defense. He also can't handle the ball at all and could cause problems with turnovers.

BENCH WARMERS

SF/SG:
Desmond Mason, 31 yo (9) 6'5", 222 lbs.

Mason is an okay defender on the perimeter, but doesn't do much else.

C : Johan Petro, 22 yo (4) 7', 247 lbs.

Petro is big dude who adds depth to our roster. He's an average scorer and an okay defender in the post, but I don't see him getting too much playing time with Collison in front of him.

PROSPECTS

SG/PG:
Kyle Weaver, 22 yo (R) 6'6", 201 lbs.

Weaver was our 2nd round pick in the last draft. He's actually a pretty good outside shooter and defender, but needs work.

PF: D.J. White, 22 (R) 6'9", 251 lbs.

White was taken in the last draft by the Pistons at the end of the first round but ended up here. His strength is rebounding but needs to work on his defense and inside scoring if he wants to stick around.

OPENING DAY ROTATION

Here is our planned rotation for the start of the season:

PG Westbrook: 32
SG Wilkins: 34
SF Durant: 42
PF Green: 35
C Wilcox: 29

G Watson: 26
C Collison: 16
F Smith: 13
F Mason: 4
C Petro: 4
G Weaver: 3
F White: 3

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-16-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:23 AM   #3
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

House Rules

I flat out suck at this game, so I've searched for and experimented with some CPU vs CPU slider sets. This way I feel like I'm getting at least a somewhat realistic representation of the game of basketball rather than me chucking up threes the whole game or not being able to play defense at all.

I'm gonna try my hand at coach mode but I may end up just letting the CPU do everything and I'll be able to keep a more detailed recap of the game as it goes on. We'll see.

I also won't be using any of the practice or development features and I won't be using the training camp feature. I'm pretty sure the CPU doesn't have the advantage of using them so I won't either. Plus, after simming through a few seasons in a test dynasty I feel the player development is good enough on it's own.

To watch all of these games would take forever. With roster management being my favorite part of the game, I'm definitely going to sim the majority of games. My basic rule of thumb will be watch/coach 1 out of every 7-8 games.

As a final note, I'm not a huge fan of the NBA in real life so I don't know much about a lot of the players and I'm also not entirely sure what the general rules of thumb are in trading (what is fair?). I know it's easy sometimes in games like this to exploit the AI, but I'll use my best judgment to keep things as fair as I can.

Hope anyone who reads this enjoys it. Feel free to chime in with your thoughts, suggestions, encouragement, etc. Thanks!

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-16-2008 at 02:40 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:36 AM   #4
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Draft Outlook

Well, my team sucks and I fully expect to be picking near the top of the next draft, so here is a quick look at the players that are projected to go in the Top 5:

C Josh Kelley. 6'11", 294 lbs. Miami

At first glance, this guy looks nasty. He has an okay inside shooting game but his real strength is his defense and rebounding.

SF J.P. Phillips. 6'7", 237 lbs. Ohio St.

Phillips has a pretty good inside game, an average outside game, but is solid in the post on defense and is an excellent rebounder.

SG Everett Saunders. 6'7", 225 lbs. Boston College

This guy is great all-around and looks like the #1 pick to me. He has a very good inside and outside game, is excellent on defense, is a playmaker and has great intangibles.

PG Keon Bonner. 6'2", 206 lbs. Michigan

Bonner is a play maker. He can dish out the ball to his teammates as good as anyone, but he's also a huge threat from beyond the arc.

PG Jonathan Dudley. 6', 203 lbs. Tennessee

Dudley is another excellent outside shooter. He doesn't have the play making skills Bonner has, but he does have the "intangible" factor going for him.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:16 AM   #5
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

October 29, 2008

Milwaukee Bucks (0-1) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (0-0)

STARTING LINEUPS

BUCKS

PG Ridnour
SG Redd
SF Jefferson
PF Mbah a Moute
C Bogut

THUNDER

PG Westbrook
SG Wilkins
SF Durant
PF Green
C Wicox

---

FIRST HALF

Bucks win the tip-off and shoot a three to kick off the game. On our next possesion we turn it over on an errant pass, leading to a quick layup for the Bucks.

Ugh. We try a three and completely airball it. It's now 9-0. Not a good sign of things to come.

Two more turnovers, one on a steal, and one on an errant pass are killing us.

Finally, four minutes in, Durant scores our first points on a nice backdoor pass down the baseline. At five minutes in, we're down 15-2. Damn!

Ohh snap! We set up a nice alley-oop from Westbrook to Durant for another two. We're doing terrible though. It's 20-4 and their moving the ball around with no problem. On offense we can't pass, we can't shoot, and no one can hold on to the ball.

Finally, with two minutes left, we put together a great string of events. We jump a passing lane for the turnover, then execute a solid give-and-go to Westbrook for the layup. Ugh. Then our next possession is a shot clock violation.

The first quarter ends and we're down by 14. The Bucks lead 26-12.

We kick off the 2nd quarter with a couple nice plays and cut the lead to 10. But on their next possession we foul them and they get a +1.

Three minutes in and it's 31-16. We just had a nice fast break down the court but their lone defender had a nice block on the layup. Our sixth man Watson then gets open at the top of the arc and shoots a nice three. A quick turnover leads to another two from Durants and we're now down by 11. We get it again off a defensive rebound and get fouled but miss the shot. Wilkins makes the first and can cut their lead to single digits with another. He makes it.

They miss a close shot but get the rebound and kick it out to a WIDE open guard but it goes in and out. We drive down the court and get fouled again. We're now down by 8 with 7:03 left in the 2nd.

They miss again and we're now on a nice little run. Watson gets it beyond the arc from the sideline but misses. On the Bucks next possession they stop the run with a long two.

Westbrook brings it up and turns it over but makes up for it by breaking down the court and blocking the layup! We get the ball and call a quick timeout to reorganize. It's 36-24 with 5:00 left.

A few possessions later we get the ball to Wilcox in the post and forces his way in for the basket, but then they quickly got a three with Jefferson. With 2:03 left, it's 43-30. We seem to keep getting within 8 but then give up a big play.

We bring up the ball and they get called on a reach, but they're over the limit and we get to shoot two but split. Then the Bucks shoot a quick 3 to go up 48-31. We get a turnover with a minute left and Durant drives in for an easy layup. We get it back and Westbrook gets fouled again. He makes both and brings the difference to 11.

We get it back with 11 seconds left and need to get a score. Durant shoots a heavily contested three and it doesn't make it past the front of the rim. At halftime, it's Milwaukee 50, Oklahoma City 37.

HALFTIME STATS

MIL

FG%: 40
3's: 5/15
FT's: 5/7
REB: 30

Redd: 14 Points
Bogut: 10 Rebounds
Ridnour: 5 Assists

OKC

FG%: 29
3's: 1/10
FT's: 10/14
REB: 28

Watson: 9 Points
Durant: 8 Points, 5 Rebounds

SECOND HALF

We're a few minutes in and we've cut the lead to 9 after a nice Durant shot from 10 feet or so, but they come back quickly and get it back to 11. We bring up the ball and call a TO. Unfortunately, it doesn't help as Westbrook throws a pass over Durant's head and the ball goes all the way down to the other side of the court. They shoot after the inbound pass and Wilcox blocks it but the shooter gets control. Jefferson gets fouled and he makes both.

We get a nice defensive rebound on the next possession but turn it over in their half which leads to an easy basket. 7:23 left in the third and we're down 61-44. It's getting out of hand now.

A few minutes later and we're down 71-50 and I've had enough. I sim to the end and here are the final stats:

Bucks 103, Thunder 78

FINAL STATS

MIL

FG%: 43
3's: 7/27
FT's: 14/19
REB: 55

Redd: 7-15 FG, 2-6 3PT, 5 AST, 4 REB
Jefferson: 8-17 FG, 3-9 3PT, 5 REB
Bogut: 6-12 FG, 15 Rebounds

OKC

FG%: 35
3's: 2/12
FT's: 22/31
REB: 46

Durant: 8-21 FG, 10 REB
Wilcox: 6-14 FG, 10 REB
Westbrook: 1-6 FG, 8-10 FT, 6 AST

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-16-2008 at 05:42 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:09 AM   #6
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Game Sims:

OKC @ HOU: 82-85 L (Durant; Green; Wilcox: 14 PTS)
MIN @ OKC: 94-65 W (Durant: 12-19 FG, 30 PTS)
BOS @ OKC: 93-75 L (Durant: 16 PTS, 9 REB)
OKC @ UTA: 99-111 L (Durant: 25 PTS, 7 REB)
ATL @ OKC: 92-101 W (Durant: 21 PTS; Wilcox: 20 PTS, 7 REB)
OKC @ IND: 94-95 L (Green: 23 PTS; Durant: 18 PTS, 12 REB)
ORL @ OKC: 103-92 L (Durant: 15 PTS, 9 REB; Wilkins: 15 PTS)

Current Record: (2-6)
Old 12-16-2008, 05:41 AM   #7
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

November 14, 2008

Oklahoma City Thunder (2-6) @ New York Knicks (3-5)

STARTING LINEUPS

KNICKS

PG Duhon
SG Robinson
SF Chandler
PF Harrington
C Lee

THUNDER

PG Westbrook
SG Wilkins
SF Durant
PF Green
C Wicox

---

FIRST HALF

We win the tipoff and open up with a close two from Wilkins. They try a quick three and miss but we can't score and they tie it up on the next possession.

They nail a deep three after a nice Durant basket and go up 7-4, then hit another three. We definitely gotta watch for that.

Duhon gets open and hits a long 2, then they get a steal but miss their layup. Wilkins gets the ball and drives down the baseline but misses a tough close shot. The Knicks score again and go up 14-4.

We call a timeout, then Westbrook brings it to the point and drives for the basket and gets fouled but just misses it going in, but he makes both free throws. Ugh. The Knicks hit yet another three and go up 17-6.

Durant stuffs a shot but as we go for the ball we fumble it out of bounds. Damn. We get another nice block and just before it goes out the shot clock expires and we get the ball. Wilkins gets a nice shot off from beyond the arc and nails it. But Duhon puts up a tre and answers right back, but we've cut their lead to 9. We get a fast break and Durant gets fouled on the way up. He makes both and now it's 20-13, NY with 6:00 left.

We get a solid two points after Durant pump fakes, then drives but misses the shot. Collison was right there for the rebound and he put it in. A foul on Westbrook brings him to the line. He misses the first but makes the 2nd, making it 24-17, NY.

Lee is killing us, picking up what seems like tons of offensive rebounds. Luckily, he can't shoot FT's and we capitalize on his misses and bring it within 6. But they quickly go on a run and they're now up 32-21.

Collison is really doing great on the rebounds. He's missed a couple but he's giving us extra chances which we really need.

The first quarter ends on a nice drive by Durant for a layup. New York is up 34-25.

We get within 8 after a great backdoor pass to Green, then get it back after a failed close shot from NY. We can't put it in though.

NY misses a three, and they get called on a reach. We use the break to bring in some subs. Wilcox backs down and shoots a fadeaway for two. They miss another and now we can get close. Wilkins finishes a nice play and we're within 4.

But of course, they come right back with a three and are up by 7 again. Ugh!

We foul Curry and he hits both but Green comes right back and nails a beautiful three. They miss, Collison hits a short bucket and we're only down by 2 with 7:14 left in the half! It's 42-40, NY.

They miss a 3, Curry rebounds and kicks it out beyond the arc and they nail it. Wilcox takes a terrible shot and can't even hit the rim. We get a turnover quickly though and slam it in!

They miss an open shot and Green gets an open three and nails it! But then they answer right back with another three. They are killing us from outside. It's 50-45 NY.

And we turn it over....damn it! But they get called for the charge and we get another chance to get within 5. Ugh. Wilcox is taking a bunch of stupid shots. We get it again and this time Westbrook gets fouled and misses the first but makes number two.

The crowd goes wild and Chandler drives in for a huge dunk. Crap. It's 56-46 and we call a timeout to slow things down.

With 2:10 left, NY is up 60-46, but Weaver nails a nice tre and brings us within 11.

We get a final shot with 10 seconds left but they steal it and drive down. We don't let them drive but they put up a highly contested three and of course they nail it. Great. NY is up 69-53 at the half.

HALFTIME STATS

OKC

FG%: 38
3's: 4/8
FT's: 11/14
REB: 25

Green: 12 PTS
Durant: 12 PTS

NY

FG%: 44
3's: 11/23
FT's: 14/18
REB: 26

Richardson: 13 PTS
Harrington: 5 REB
Duhon: 5 AST

SECOND HALF

We intercept a pass on their first possession and put it in for two. We quickly foul them twice giving them four more, but we're playing okay to start off the half.

But another foul, this one a reach in, brings us to three in just 2:30.

We get two turnovers in a row and bring it to 73-61. They miss another and we're on a little run. Durant scores again and is really taking control now.

Fuck. Robinson nails a three and they're right back in it. We call a timeout, now down by 13 with 7:45 left in the third. Green hits another three and we're now down by 10. They miss and we get a fast break but we miss the layup. Again, we intercept a pass but have to set up the play. We can't put it in.

NY takes a three but misses. Wilcox takes a horrid shot and airballs it. I can't take that shit anymore and I'll think about putting Collison in there next game to see how he does.

Watson nails a trifecta! We bring it to double digits, but we foul Lee and he brings it to 9. We're on a 13-4 run and hit another long shot bringing it to 77-70. We foul again and now they're in the bonus so we gotta watch our fouls. They make both and we're down by 9 again.

Durant got wide open but rushed the shot and missed, but we got it back and hit a layup. Still down by 9 with 3:40 left. Durant lays it in at the last second on the shot clock. Ugh...we reach in and they get the FT's. Harrington splits and we're down by 8.

We foul again, but I can't really say they're bad fouls. They're getting a lot of easy layup chances so I rather deal with the penalty than give them an easy two. Man..we foul again and that's our 9th this quarter.

We get a chance for the last shot in the 3rd but Durant gets fouled. He hits the first and gets the second as well, bringing the score at the end of the 3rd to 88-82, NY.

Yea! We open it up with a beautiful three from the side of the arc that bounced out and back in. They miss their shot, get the rebound, and miss again. Durant puts in a layup and brings us within one! Thomas misses a shot and we get it again. Smith tries and put in a fadeaway jumper but can't.

Smith gets another chance and puts it in. We're up by one! Damn it. Watson reaches in and that's his 5th so he heads to the bench. Ugh! Jefferson nails a three for NY and they're up again.

Yes! We execute the nicest give and go I've ever seen and we get the and one! He nails the FT and we're up by one again.

And Westbrook gets the and one! He nails the FT and we're now up by 4! Woo!

NY calls a timeout to regroup. They get a long two but we answer right back with our own. We're on a 15-5 run. Westbrook nails a 15 footer and we're up 6 now!

We exchange a few two's and with 5:13 left it's 103-99, OKC.

With 3:30 left, we're up 103-101 with Durant heading to the line. He makes the first, and nails the second, putting us up by 4. Durant hits another nice shot. With the way NY has been nailing three's, I don't feel comfortable.

They bring it within two with 2:00 left. Agh! Green pumpfaked, drove to the basket and missed the dunk! But we get a turnover and Wilkins puts on a show with a nice dunk. 109-105, OKC.

But Lee hits a shot and gets the foul, bringing them within one. God damn it.

1:30 left. Durant has the ball, drives in and misses but Wilcox gets the rebound and puts it in. NY misses a wide open three and we're up three with less than a minute left. We can't score. And LEE GETS CALLED FOR A CHARGE! That was a SCARY whistle.

And at 113-110 and 3.9 seconds left, they intentional foul. Westbrook makes the first and puts it out of reach with the second.

We win 115-110!

Our PG Westbrook wins POTG with 17 PTS.

Thunder 115, Knicks 110

FINAL STATS

OKC

3's: 6/13
FT's: 21/24
REB: 49

Durant: 10-21 FG
Green: 8-13 FG, 8 REB
Westbrook: 5-7 FG, 10 AST
NY

FG%: 37
3's: 13/32
FT's: 33/39
REB: 46

Robinson: 5-15 FG, 3-8 3PT, 9-10 FT
Harrington: 5-9 FG, 2-3 3PT, 11 REB
Lee: 15 REB

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-16-2008 at 05:41 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:53 AM   #8
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Game Sims:

OKC @ PHI: 93-94 L (Durant: 23 PTS, 6 REB; Westbrook: 5 AST, 3 STL)
HOU @ OKC: 88-97 W (Green: 21 PTS; Wilcox: 18 PTS, 7 REB)
LA @ OKC: 106-92 L (Durant: 31 PTS, 5 REB)
NO @ OKC: 96-100 W (Durant: 27 PTS, 6 REB; Westbrook 12 PTS, 7 AST)
OKC @ NO: 94-85 L (Durant: 18 PTS; Wilcox: 9 REB)
PHO @ OKC: 93-100 W (Durant: 24 PTS; Green: 15 PTS, 10 REB)

Current Record: (6-9)
Old 12-16-2008, 05:55 AM   #9
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

TRADE

We've traded C/PF Chris Wilcox and SG Damien Wilkins to the Orlando Magic. In return, the Thunder get SG Keith Bogans, C Tony Battie, and Orlando's '09 1st round pick.

Bogans (6'5", 215 lbs) is a 28 yo, 6th year player who's been averaging 9.8 PPG this year. He is a good outside shooter and defender. His contract runs out at the end of the year.

Battie (6'11", 240 lbs) is a seasoned veteran in his 12th year. He's not a great scorer but he's okay on defense.

Nick Collison will now take over the starting center position.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-17-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:09 AM   #10
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

November 14, 2008

Oklahoma City Thunder (6-9) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (8-6)

STARTING LINEUPS

CAVS

PG Williams
SG West
SF James
PF Wallace
C Ilgauskas

THUNDER

PG Westbrook
SG Bogans
SF Durant
PF Green
C Collison

---

FIRST HALF

We start off the game on a great note as we intercept a pass on their first possession and put it in for two.

Durant banks one off the backboard and puts us up 4-0. We get it back again and Durant is fouled. He makes both, putting us up 6-0.

But a few minutes in, CLE is on top after a three-point play from LeBron James.

With 6:55 left in the 1st, CLE is on top 11-10 and we're already in foul trouble with five team fouls. They're on a 14-4 run. We just can't seem to make anything, especially our new guy, Bogans. He's been terrible.

Finally, we get another basket as Durant drives down the baseline. But this is looking very, very bad.

Annddddd Bogans turns it over annndddd they get another three point play on a foul. Yay.

With 3:00 left, CLE is up 28-18. Durant is really the only one playing well. LeBron James is gonna have 15+ assists this game. He's getting double teamed and finding guys wide open for easy buckets.

The game isn't out of reach at the end of the first, but we look plain ol' ugly. NINE fouls in the first quarter. CLE is up 36-22.

At the start of the 2nd, Westbrook steals a pass headed for James and takes it in for the slam, bringing us within 10.

Bogans gets to the line and can bring us into a single digit deficit. He misses the first but get's the second and we're down nine.

Nice. Airball from Bogans. Why did I get this guy on my team? On the bright side, Collison is doing very well so far.

After getting as far as fifteen points behind, we've pulled within nine again. Collison has been doing great in the post.

Damn. Ilgauskas already has 11 rebounds with 3:41 left in the first half. He's totally dominating the paint.

Unfortunately, I'm exhausted so I'm just going to sim to the end of this game.

Cavs 107, Thunder 95

FINAL STATS

OKC

FG%: 46
3's: 4/12
FT's: 15/22
REB: 39

Durant: 13-22 FG, 9 REB
Green: 6-9 FG, 6 REB, 4 AST
Collison: 6-10 FG, 11 REB

CLE

FG%: 46
3's: 2/12
FT's: 27/35
REB: 44

James: 8-15 FG, 10 AST
Ilgauskas: 12-15 FG, 16 REB

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-17-2008 at 12:26 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:47 PM   #11
RedHawk00
H.S. Freshman Team

as a Sonic fan, I hope the building goes up in flames and the season is forfeited... gl
RedHawk00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #12
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Game Sims:

MIN @ OKC: 120-98 L (Durant: 34 PTS; Collison: 9 REB; Watson: 15 PTS, 8 REB)
OKC @ MEM: 99-89 W (Duarant: 25 PTS; Green: 9 REB)
OKC @ NO: 85-89 L (Durant: 28 PTS; Green: 11 REB; Watson: 8 AST)
OKC @ ORL: 91-111 L (Durant: 23 PTS; Collison: 20 PTS)
OKC @ MIA: 75-83 L (Durant: 21 PTS, 7 REB; Collison: 10 PTS, 7 REB)
GS @ OKC: 113-102 L (Durant: 19 PTS; Collison: 15 PTS, 7 REB)
MEM @ OKC: 106-121 W (Durant: 46 PTS; Green: 20 PTS; Collison: 10 PTS, 10 REB)
OKC @ DAL: 103-106 L (Durant: 34 PTS; Collison: 10 PTS, 10 REB)
OKC @ SA: 81-103 L (Durant: 22 PTS, 5 REB; Bogans: 8 REB)
LA @ OKC: 79-93 W (Durant: 29 PTS; Bogans: 19 PTS)

Current Record: (9-17)

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-17-2008 at 02:44 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:17 PM   #13
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

December 19, 2008

Toronto Raptors (16-9) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (9-17)

STARTING LINEUPS

RAPTORS

PG Foye
SG Parker
SF Bargnani
PF Bosh
C O'Neal

THUNDER

PG Westbrook
SG Bogans
SF Durant
PF Green
C Collison

---

FIRST HALF

The Raptors win the tip and Bosh scores the first basket of the game. We miss and they nail a three on their next possession. We turn it over and Parker nails another tre for the Raptors.

Three minutes in and it's 10-0 TOR. Collison is doing great on the boards but we haven't been able to do anything on offense. Finally, Bogans got open outside and nailed and three.

Halfway through the 1st, Toronto is up 18-5. They're moving fast on offense and getting wide open for three's and are moving really well in transition. With 2:51 left, it's 25-11. We get lucky near the end and Watson gets fouled and gets the bucket, but they come right back and nail a long three.

With 19 seconds left, Durant drives and gets fouled and makes the basket but he misses the shot. We get the rebound and Smith puts it in. The 1st ends with Toronto up 31-22.

We get within 5 after a beautiful interception by Collison leading to a fast break. But again, they come back and hit a three.

Bogans answered with a three of his own and we're back within 5.

Five minutes into the 2nd and we're down by four, 43-39.

Toronto fouls Bogans he makes only one, making it 45-40. With 4:00 left, Westbrook gets fouled and makes both bringing it to 49-45. And we steal it and Durant puts it in! We're down by 2 with 3:00 left.

Green gets a nice shot from three point range but can't hit it. We get the steal and Durant gets fouled on the way up and will shoot two to tie. He makes the first and nails the second making it 51-51 with 40 seconds left. We steal again and Westbrook lays it in and we're up!

We get a chance for the last shot. Durant puts it in with 5 seconds left. Toronto sprints down the court and nails a three! Ugh!

At the half, we're up 55-54.

HALFTIME STATS

OKC

FG%: 48
3's: 3/8
FT's: 10/12
REB: 25

Durant: 18 PTS, 4 REB, 3 AST
Bogans: 12 PTS
Smith: 12 PTS, 6 REB

TOR

FG%: 42
3's: 7/15
FT's: 5/6
REB: 24

O'Neal: 10 PTS, 11 REB
Foye: 9 PTS, 3 AST
Bosh: 6 PTS, 4 REB

SECOND HALF

Green opens it up with a long two but they get wide open on the next possession and drill a three. At 57-57, Durant gets called for a foul. Parker makes the first and the second and now they are up 59-57 a minute into the 2nd half.

Collison goes up for a shot and it gets blocked by Bosh but he gets called for the foul. He misses the first but hits number two.

Bargnani takes a wide open three but can't hit it. They get the rebound but it hits the side of the backboard and goes out of bounds. They steal it on our next possession and dunk it in to go up 3.

Durant, who already has 20, gets fouled and makes both. Ugh. Foye chucks a three and makes it, but Durant comes back with his own! Nice!

And of course Foye nails another three. On our next possession Green puts up a close shot and Bosh gets called for another foul. Green misses, Durant gets the board and Bosh fouls him! Durant can tie it up with both. He makes the first and the second and it's 67-67 with 8:55 left in the third.

Durant nails another long two and is on fire this game.

A long string of misses and offensive rebounds ends with two from Collison. We're up 71-69 with 7:00 left.

Bah. Bargnani nails a three and they're up 1.

I realize I need to change some sliders so I'm going to sim to the end of this one. Players are shooting way to fast, leading to super high FGA.

Thunder 119, Raptors 118

FINAL STATS

OKC

FG%: 52
3's: 7/14
FT's: 22/26
REB: 42

Durant: 44 PTS, 9 REB, 5 AST
Watson: 11 PTS, 13 AST
Collison: 8 PTS, 8 REB

TOR

FG%: 50
3's: 13/24
FT's: 13/15
REB: 40

Foye: 22 PTS, 8 AST, 5 STL
O'Neal: 14 PTS, 15 REB
Bosh: 15 PTS, 6 REB, 5 AST

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-17-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:05 PM   #14
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Game Sims:

CLE @ OKC: 71-66 L (Durant: 20 PTS, 12 REB
OKC @ ATL: 83-104 L (Durant: 28 PTS, 5 REB)
OKC @ DET: 103-105 L (Green: 19 PTS, 6 REB; Durant 18 PTS, 5 REB)
OKC @ WAS: 82-101 L (Durant: 33 PTS, 6 REB; Westbrook: 8 PTS, 8 AST)
PHO @ OKC: 94-92 L (Durant: 23 PTS, 7 REB; Watson: 8 PTS, 10 AST)
GS @ OKC: 117-96 L (Durant: 30 PTS; Green: 21 PTS; Watson: 10 PTS, 10 AST)
DEN @ OKC: 93-103 W (Durant: 32 PTS, 9 REB)
NY @ OKC: 94-95 W (Durant: 30 PTS, 7 REB; Green: 12 PTS, 8 REB, 7 AST)
OKC @ MIN: 112-110 W (Durant: 27 PTS, 7 REB; Westbrook: 10 PTS, 11 AST)

Current Record: (13-23)

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-16-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:52 PM   #15
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

January 9, 2009

Houston Rockets (20-17) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (13-23)

STARTING LINEUPS

ROCKETS

PG Brooks
SG McGrady
SF Artest
PF Scola
C Yao

THUNDER

PG Westbrook
SG Bogans
SF Durant
PF Green
C Collison

---

FIRST HALF

We get off to a good start and get four quick points, but they answer right back with a three from Brooks.

Our offense is moving the ball well, and Bogans just nailed a three from the sideline beyond the perimeter.

At five minutes in, the Rockets are up 14-7 after hitting a few nice threes. Collison is having trouble getting rebounds with Yao in his way.

Just had a great play with Durant at the high post. Westbrook broke in from beyond the arc on a nice pass and put it in and also got the foul call.

Wow. Another great Westbrook play. He drive in and gets completely killed by Yao but chucks it up without looking and puts it in! With 5:47 left, it's 18-13 and we have the ball after McGrady accidentally stepped on the line.

With 2:45 left, the Rockets are up 27-19.

At 29-21, it looks like we have a chance at the last shot. Durant drives in beautifully and puts in the layup with 8 seconds left, but they get the ball to Yao and he puts on in from 5 feet.

At the end of one, it's 31-23, HOU.

We kick off the 2nd with the ball. Watson dishes it to Mason but he drops it and the Rockets drive down but get fouled. Artest makes both and they're up 10.

The Rockets get a few, but we gain some momentum on two straight steals that led to fast break points. Of course, right as I type this they put together a three point play after a foul. Yay.

But we get one as well. Watson got mauled but put it in anyway and makes the FT. It's 44-34 with 7:45 left.

Ack. Brooks nails a three.

We're falling behind, but Watson just nailed a nice three from the top of the arc to make it 52-39 with 6:00 left.

Yea! We were down 17 but went on a little run to bring it within 11. Westbrook got fouled, made the first, missed the second, and then intercepted a pass and went in for the layup, made the basket and got fouled!

With 1:08 left, it's 56-45. And Bogans nails a deep three! Nice!

Smith puts in a layup and we'll get a chance at the last shot. But of course we turn it over and they get an easy score.

The half ends and we're down 60-50.

HALFTIME STATS

OKC

3's: 3/5
FT's: 9/10
REB: 16

Bogans: 12 PTS
Watson: 12 PTS
Westbook: 10 PTS, 3 AST, 3 STL

HOU

FG%: 54
3's: 5/7
FT's: 7/7
REB: 18

Brooks: 18 PTS
McGrady: 14 PTS
Yao: 10 PTS, 5 REB, 3 AST

SECOND HALF

We open up the scoring in the 2nd half with a nice shot from Collison and then a steal leading to a layup from Watson.

Aaron Brooks gets fouled and shoots two. He's having a hell of a game for Houston with 18 points. He splits and we get the board and take it up. Westbrook finds Collison breaking towards the net but he can't hang on to the pass and HOU takes control and scores, now up 65-54.

Westbrook gets open at the foul line and hits a nice shot to bring us within 9, but then Yao dominated Collison in the paint and put them up by double digits again.

We're five minutes in and Artest is at the line. HOU is up 69-60. He misses the first but drains the second one.

With 3:47 left, it's 76-62 HOU. Yao is just dominating inside, nailing shots on fadeaways. We really need something to turn it around. And, we turn it over and they get the +1 on a foul.

With 13:08 left in the game, Houston is up by 22, 87-65.

It's the end of the third and this one is out of reach, so I'm gonna sim to the end.

Rockets 125, Thunder 100

FINAL STATS

OKC

3's: 5/11
FT's: 21/25
REB: 34

Durant: 24 PTS, 5 REB
Watson: 19 PTS, 6 AST
Westbrook: 16 PTS, 6 AST, 4 STL

HOU

FG%: 55
3's: 8/13
FT's: 21/31

Brooks: 29 PTS
Yao: 24 PTS, 14 REB
Artest: 14 PTS, 5 AST, 4 STL

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-17-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:27 PM   #16
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Game Sims:

OKC @ CHI: 93-98 L (Durant: 27 PTS, 8 REB, 5 BLK; Collison: 12 PTS, 11 REB)
OKC @ NJ: 82-88 L (Durant: 28 PTS; Westbrook: 13 PTS)
UTA @ OKC: 99-93 L (Durant: 30 PTS, 6 REB; Green: 13 PTS, 11 REB)
DET @ OKC: 75-92 W (Durant: 21 PTS, 10 REB; Watson: 17 PTS, 8 AST)
MIA @ OKC: 81-94 W (Durant: 23 PTS; Watson: 16 PTS, 6 AST)
OKC @ GS: 81-98 L (Durant: 18 PTS; Green: 18 PTS; Westbrook: 17 PTS)
OKC @ LA: 94-91 W (Durant: 20 PTS; Green: 19 PTS, 5 REB)
NJ @ OKC: 7-102 W (Durant: 32 PTS, 7 REB)

Current Record: (17-28)
Old 12-17-2008, 12:24 AM   #17
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

January 28, 2009

Memphis Grizzlies (24-20) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (17-28)

STARTING LINEUPS

GRIZZLIES

PG Terry
SG Mayo
SF Mayo
PF Arthur
C Gasol

THUNDER

PG Westbrook
SG Bogans
SF Durant
PF Green
C Collison

---

FIRST HALF

We start off well going up 4-2 but then Westbrook makes a boneheaded move and steps out along the baseline. We recover from the mistake and go up 8-2 in the first three minutes.

In the next two minutes, Memphis comes back and ties it at 8 but our backup PF Smith puts in a nice 10 footer for the lead. Then Battie and Durant put on a show with nice dunks to make it 14-8 halfway through the first.

Bah! Our offense isn't taking care of the ball and we let them back in. The steal one and drive down, pull up for a three and sink it and they're up 21-16.

The first half ends with Memphis up 25-22.

Four minutes into the 2nd quarter and it's all tied up at 30.

OJ Mayo just had a sick alley-oop dunk. Their up 42-38 with 2:23 left in the half.

Memphis goes on an 8-0 run and the first half ends with the Grizzlies up 50-38.

HALFTIME STATS

OKC

3's: 0/2
FT's: 8/10
REB: 20

Durant: 8 PTS, 2 REB, 2 AST, 3 STL
Bogans: 7 PTS, 2 REB
Westbrook: 7 PTS, 3 AST

MEM

3's: 2/5
FT's: 10/13
REB: 22

Terry: 11 PTS, 3 AST
Gay: 11 PTS, 3 REB
Alston: 5 PTS, 6 AST

SECOND HALF

We open up the third with an 8-2 run that cuts the lead to 6. We get another steal and Durant slams it home and cuts it to 4 with 7:10 left.

We intercept another pass and Durant puts another one in and it's now 52-50!

Our guys keep it close but Memphis turns it on after 8 minutes with only two points and are now up 63-53.

At the end of the quarter Durant finishes it off with a nice layup and it ends with Memphis up 69-61.

Five minutes into the final quarter and we're still down, 76-67. We just can't seem to break past this 8-10 point margin.

But we grind it out and Bogans hits a massive three pointer that brings us within 4. Collison jumps a pass and we have the ball again. Durant shoots from the top of key but can't put it in.

Down 78-72, Durant gets fouled and makes the first, then nails the second. Five minutes left and we're down four.

They miss and we get the board. Woo! Collison fakes driving towards the basket, dished it out to Westbrook and the defender shaded towards him. Westbrook hit Collison on a beautful pass back to the basket and he puts it in!

We score again and are in the lead, but they come right back and tie it up. Green gets the ball off an in-bound and hits one from the top of the key, but Gasol comes right back and hits a close shot.

82-82 with 3:00 left. Durant hits a long two from the sideline and we're up again. They try for the leads and miss a three and Green dunks it in on the transition. We're up 86-82 and have the ball again. We miss a close shot, and Gay gets fouled on the way up by Durant.

He makes both making it a one score game, but we have possession and their is 1:54 left. Crap! Westrbrook tries a pass to Durant and it gets stolen and Memphis has tied it up. We get it back and Green finds Collison right underneath the basket and we're ahead again with 1:04 left.

Gay tries a three and Durant stuffs him and gets the ball! Ahhhhhh. Durant held it for too long and can't get the shot off and we're called for a shot clock violation. Fuck! They miss their shot and have to foul us with 14 seconds left. Their not in the penalty and need to foul again but can't until their is 8 seconds left. Westbrook hits the first and can put it out of reach with the next one.

He does! Memphis calls a timeout and needs a miracle.

But Durant steals the inbound pass and puts it away! What a game!

Thunder 90, Grizzlies 86

FINAL STATS

OKC

FG%: 40
3's: 2/8
FT's: 16/18
REB: 44

Durant: 22 PTS, 6 REB
Bogans: 15 PTS
Collison: 10 PTS, 10 REB

MEM

3's: 2/9
FT's: 18/24
REB: 42

Gay: 25 PTS, 5 REB
Terry: 17 PTS
Gasol: 8 PTS, 11 REB

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-17-2008 at 01:09 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:48 AM   #18
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

TRADE RUMORS

We're trying to get PG Watson and C Battie off our hands. Watson has been solid for us, but he doesn't really have a future on the team. Battie is old and isn't going to help our future either.

We're going to need to land a PG in return, but could always sign a FA if we can't. I'm just looking to get younger/dump salary. I'll take on the salary if it's a one year deal, but both Watson and Battie will take up a combined $12m next year.

I'm looking for a team that is in the running that could use a solid sixth man or good backup PG. Our potential targets are:

Lakers
Spurs
Mavs

We contact the Lakers first and inquire about Farmer. A deal with him alone wouldn't work because the Lakers are way beyond the cap, so I look for a one year guy that could balance it out. They don't have one, so I put together a package offer that would bring us:

PG Farmar
SG Ariza
C Mihm
SF Gomes

They declined the trade, so we move on to another team. We talk to the Spurs but their roster doesn't really have anyone that would work for this trade. So finally, we move on the to the Mavs.

This could be tough, but we try and put together a deal involving Michael Conley, who was recently traded to them from Memphis for Jason Terry. To balance the cap issue, I add in veteran Jerry Stackhouse who is on a one year deal. They decline, but I think I might try and sweeten the deal. My thought is that I really don't need Conley, so I could trade him for another PG prospect and a pick. I throw in Bogans and ask for their backup PG Vaughn. They didn't bite, so as a final request I add in a 2nd rounder. Nothin'.

Maybe I need to just worry about Watson for now? I admit, Battie isn't that good, old, and expensive.

Some more potential targets are:

Hawks
Raptors

Not much hope, I guess. but let's check it out.

I call up the Hawks. This looks like something that could work. They have a surplus of SG's and two below average PG's. They also have Rasheed Wallace, a 14th year veteran who costs $13m and will be a FA at the end of the year, and he's sitting behind Joe Smith who is younger and better.

They won't accept, so I try and get creative. The Hawks only have one SF on their roster, so I throw in Desmond Mason. The trade would put me below the roster minimum so I add in an undrafted SG.

They don't like it, but want to keep talking. They tell us that if we send our 1st from the Magic, they'll do the deal. I'm not completely against it. The Magic are in first place and the pick will be very late in the first. But I want to compromise, so I ask for another player. I ask for PF Solmon Jones. He's a 3rd year guy who my scout tells me could turn into a useful player.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-17-2008 at 02:30 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:56 AM   #19
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

TRADE

We've come to an agreement with the Atlanta Hawks.

We send PG Watson, C Battie, SF Mason, and our '09 1st rounder from Orlando.

In return, we land PF Rasheed Wallace, SG Flip Murray, PF Solomon Jones, and SG Thomas Gardner.

Wallace (6'11", 230 lbs.), is a 34 yo who has been averaging 12.6 ppg this year on the Pistons and Hawks. He can score from inside and from distance, is a great post defender, and a pretty good rebounder.

Murray (6'3", 197 lbs.) is an outside shooting specialist but doesn't do much else. He's 29 yo.

Gardner (6'5", 225 lbs.) is a shooting guard in his 2nd year. He is an okay outside shooter but hasn't gotten in a game yet. His defense is very poor.

Solomon Jones (6'10", 230 lbs.) is a 24 yo, 3rd year man who really needs some work to become a useful player.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:07 AM   #20
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Game Sims:

OKC @ UTA: 81-90 L (Green: 24 PTS, 7 REB; Durant: 15 PTS, 7 REB)
OKC @ SAC: 85-91 L (Durant: 26 PTS; Green: 19 PTS; Wallace: 10 REB)
DEN @ OKC: 126-94 L (Durant: 33 PTS; Wallace: 9 PTS, 8 REB)
POR @ OKC: 73-94 W (Durant: 17 PTS, 5 AST; Collison: 15 PTS)
SAC @ OKC: 104-86 L (Durant: 16 PTS, 6 REB; Bogans: 15 PTS)
OKC @ LAL: 83-93 L (Durant: 19 PTS; Westbrook: 12 PTS, 5 AST)
OKC @ POR: 86-104 L (Green: 17 PTS, 7 REB; Westbrook: 11 PTS, 7 AST)

Current Record: (19-34)

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-17-2008 at 02:29 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:17 AM   #21
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

ALL-STAR BREAK

Thunder All-Stars

SF Kevin Durant (1st Appearance)

Team Report

PG Westbrook: 9.5 PPG, 5.2 APG
SG Bogans: 9.5 PPG
SF Durant: 24.3 PPG, 5.8 RPG
PF Green: 13.3 PPG, 5.4 RPG
C Collison: 7.8 PPG, 6.2 RPG

Playoff Picture

EASTERN CONFERENCE

1. Cavaliers (33-18)
2. 76ers (31-20)
3. Celtics (32-23)
4. Hawks (30-22)
5. Magic (29-22)
6. Nets (30-23)
7. Raptors (30-25)
8. Bulls (27-26)

On the Bubble

Wizards, Knicks, Bobcats, Bucks

WESTERN CONFERENCE

1. Hornets (33-17)
2. Nuggets (33-20)
3. Lakers (32-20)
4. Rockets (31-22)
5. Jazz (30-23)
6. Spurs (29-22)
7. Mavericks (29-23)
8. Grizzlies (28-24)

On the Bubble

Suns, T'Wolves

All-Star Game

East 88, West 116

Durant: 9 PTS, 2 REB, 2 BLK

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-17-2008 at 02:33 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:10 AM   #22
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

February 17, 2009

New Orleans Hornets (33-17) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (19-34)

STARTING LINEUPS

HORNETS

PG Paul
SG Brown
SF Stojakovic
PF West
C Chandler

THUNDER

PG Westbrook
SG Bogans
SF Durant
PF Green
C Collison

---

FIRST HALF

We can't hit anything to start out and New Orleans opens up with 9 unanswered points.

Halfway through the first quarter and New Orleans leads 15-4. We're playing pretty poorly but there is still a lot of time left to catch up.

10 minutes go by and New Orleans is still in the lead, up 21-12.

The Hornets finish the first on a buzzer beater three pointer and lead 26-14.

Three and a half minutes in and NO is up 32-20. We're forcing some turnovers but they keep answering back.

With 5:30 left in the half, NO is still up 10, 37-27. We just can't seem to gain ground on them.

Woo! Bogans just nailed a three and we're within 5.

The half ends with NO up 45-34, but I think we all know where this is going. With us out of contention anyway, I'm kind of just ready to get to the off-season, so I'm just going to quick-sim to the end of the game.

Hornets 101, Thunder 86

FINAL STATS

OKC

FG%: 45
3's: 9/16
FT's: 5/7
REB: 35

Wallace: 23 PTS, 8 REB
Durant: 19 PTS, 5 REB
Westbrook: 10 PTS, 6 AST

NO

3's: 6/19
FT's: 15/22

West: 19 PTS, 8 REB
Chandler: 11 PTS, 12 REB
Paul: 18 PTS, 8 AST
Old 12-17-2008, 03:42 AM   #23
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

TRADE RUMOR

I'd love to get something for Wallace while he is with us. He's gonna be a free agent so if I can get two young guys, I'd be glad to deal him. I need a PG and a SF.

My target teams are in contention, in need a big man, and have a surplus of PG's and SF's. Some of these would be:

Nuggets
Rockets
Celtics
Nets
Knicks

We talk with the Nuggets first. They need a big PF and have some extra PG's and SF's available. They have a young SF, Kleiza, who I like. The problem arises with the cap, so I'll need to take on some 1-year contract guys to balance it out. PG Tinsley adds $5.59m. I add in SG J.R. Smith, who has 3 years left, but he looks like a guy I would consider keeping. He's an excellent outside shooter. But will they accept it to add a big man?

They don't. I take out Smith and put together another package. They don't budge.

I talk to the Rockets next. I put together a package of PF Wallace and SG Weaver and ask for:

PF Dorsey
PG Head
SF Warrick
SF Artest

We can't figure out somethign that works so we move on.

We talk to a few teams but nothing seems to work out. Looks like we aren't going to get anything for him. Our final shot is with the Nets. We ask for SF Hassell, PF Williams, and PF Swift. This deal is basically to pick up Williams, a nice young PF with potential.

They ask for PF Solomon Jones in return.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:51 AM   #24
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

TRADE

We've added SF Trenton Hassell, PF Stromile Swift, and PF Sean Williams to the team through a trade with the New Jersey Nets.

We have sent the Nets PF/C Rasheed Wallace and PF Solomon Jones.

Swift (6'10", 220 lbs) is a 9yr vet who is a below average inside shooter that is fairly good at rebounding and post defense.

Hassell (6'5", 233 lbs) is a 29yo is a backup who specialized in perimeter defense.

Williams (6'10", 235 lbs) is a young player who is only in his 2nd season in the NBA. He was selected 17th overall in the 2007 draft and has the potential to turn into a decent player. He is a good defender inside and is also a pretty good rebounder.

FREE AGENT SIGNING

The Thunder have signed PG John Lucas to a 1yr/$751k contract.

Lucas (5'11", 165 lbs) is a small, 3rd year player who is a solid athlete and a good ball handler.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:09 AM   #25
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

TRADE

On the night before the trade deadline, we've made one final deal that sends SG Bogans to the Memphis Grizzlies. We get SF Quinton Ross (6'6", 193 lbs), a 5th year man who is a great perimeter defender with some potential.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:15 AM   #26
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Game Sims:

OKC @ PHO: 93-108 L (Durant: 26 PTS; Collison: 12 PTS, 13 REB)
OKC @ GS: 87-111 L (Durant: 27 PTS, 8 REB; Green: 20 PTS, 8 REB)
LAL @ OKC: 78-89 W (Durant: 22 PTS; Collison: 10 PTS, 10 REB)
OKC @ DAL: 91-93 L (Durant: 24 PTS; Westbrook: 22 PTS, 7 AST)
OKC @ MEM: 81-97 L (Durant: 26 PTS; Westbrook: 19 PTS)
DAL @ OKC: 102-101 L (Durant: 30 PTS; Green: 13 PTS, 10 REB)
WAS @ OKC: 97-81 L (Green: 25 PTS; Durant: 15 PTS)

Current Record: (20-41)
Old 12-17-2008, 04:22 AM   #27
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Game Sims:

OKC @ NO: 85-101 L (Durant: 30 PTS: Green: 20 PTS)
PHI @ OKC: 91-109 W (Durant: 33 PTS, 8 REB; Green: 29 PTS, 8 REB)
OKC @ SAC: 105-102 W (Durant: 35 PTS; Green: 22 PTS, 9 REB; Westbrook: 18 PTS)
OKC @ DEN: 84-123 L (Durant: 32 PTS)
OKC @ PHO: 94-104 L (Westbrook: 28 PTS; Durant: 21 PTS, 8 REB, 9 AST)
SA @ OKC: 82-87 W (Durant: 31 PTS; Green: 20 PTS, 8 REB)
CHI @ OKC: 71-92 W (Durant: 29 PTS; Westbrook: 13 PTS, 7 AST)
UTA @ OKC: 108-107 L (Durant: 32 PTS, 9 REB; Green: 21 PTS)

Current Record: (24-45)
Old 12-17-2008, 04:27 AM   #28
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Game Sims:

OKC @ MIN: 94-95 L (Durant: 24 PTS; Westbrook: 17 PTS, 10 AST)
LAK @ OKC: 98-100 W (Durant: 35 PTS; Collison: 11 REB)
OKC @ TOR: 79-94 L (Durant: 25 PTS)
OKC @ SA: 86-89 L (Durant: 31 PTS; Westbrook: 15 AST)
POR @ OKC: 90-76 L (Durant: 25 PTS; Collison: 10 REB)
IND @ OKC: 101-99 L (Green: 21 PTS; Durant: 18 PTS)
SA @ OKC: 89-80 L (Durant: 17 PTS)
OKC @ DEN: 84-87 L (Westbrook: 21 PTS, 4 STL)
CHA @ OKC: 77-99 W (Westbrook: 20 PTS; Collison: 14 PTS, 12 REB)
OKC @ MIL: 87-100 L (Westbrook: 17 PTS, 5 AST; Collison: 10 REB)
OKC @ POR: 80-77 W (Durant: 25 PTS; Westbrook: 13 PTS, 9 AST)
OKC @ LAC: 75-76 L (Durant: 21 PTS)

FINAL RECORD: 27-55

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-17-2008 at 04:53 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:40 AM   #29
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

'08-'09 AWARDS

MVP Award

SF LeBron James (Cavs)
27.5 PPG, 7.5 RPG, 5.6 APG

Rookie of the Year

PG Derrick Rose (Bulls)
17.6 PPG, 6.7 APG

Sixth Man of the Year

PF Lamar Odom (Lakers)
10 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 3.2 APG

Defensive Player of the Year

C Dwight Howard (Magic)
19.7 PPG, 11.4 RPG

Most Improved Player

PG Chris Duhon (Knicks)
10.2 PPG, 7.7 APG

All-NBA First Team

PG Chris Paul (Hornets)
SG Dwayne Wade (Heat)
SF LeBron James (Cavs)
PF Tim Duncan (Spurs)
C Dwight Howard (Magic)

All-NBA Second Team

PG Chauncey Billups (Nuggets)
SG Joe Johnson (Hawks)
SF Kevin Durant (Thunder)
PF Dirk Nowitzki (Mavericks)
C Yao Ming (Rockets)

All-NBA Third Team

PG Derrick Rose (Bulls)
SG Kobe Bryant (Lakers)
SF Carmelo Anthony (Nuggets)
PF Chris Bosh (Raptors)
C Marcus Camby (Clippers)

All-Defensive First Team

PG Chris Paul (Hornets)
SG Dwayne Wade (Heat)
SF Shawn Marion (Heat)
PF Tim Duncan (Spurs)
C Dwight Howard (Magic)

All-Defensive Second Team

PG Jason Kidd (Mavericks)
SG Andre Iguodala (76ers)
SF LeBron James (Cavs)
PF Al Jefferson (T'Wolves)
C Marcus Camby (Clippers)

All-Rookie First Team

PG Derrick Rose (Bulls)
SG O.J. Mayo (Grizzlies)
SF Danilo Gallinari (Knicks)
PF Michael Beasley (Heat)
C Greg Oden (Blazers)

All-Rookie Second Team

PG Russell Westbrook (Thunder)
SG Eric Gordon (Clippers)
SF Joe Alexander (Bucks)
PF Kevin Love (T'Wolves)
C Marc Gasol (Grizzlies)

Coach of the Year

Mike Woodson, Atlanta Hawks (53-29)

THUNDER AWARDS

SF Kevin Durant (All-NBA Second Team)
PG Russell Westbrook (All-Rookie Second Team)

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-17-2008 at 04:41 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:56 AM   #30
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

'08-'09 PLAYOFFS: ROUND ONE

EAST

Hawks (1)
Magic (8)

ATL d. ORL (4-3)

---

Knicks (4)
Raptors (5)

NY d. TOR (4-3)

---

76ers (3)
Nets (6)

PHI d. NJ (4-2)

---

Cavs (2)
Celtics (7)

CLE d. BOS (4-0)

WEST

Hornets (1)
Jazz (8)

UTA d. NO (4-2)

---

Nuggets (4)
Rockets (5)

HOU d. DEN (4-1)

---

Lakers (3)
Suns (6)

LAK d. PHO (4-3)

---

Mavericks (2)
Spurs (7)

DAL d. SA (4-3)

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-17-2008 at 05:05 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:04 AM   #31
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

'08-'09 PLAYOFFS: ROUND TWO

EAST

Hawks (1)
Knicks (4)

NY d. ATL (4-1)

---

76ers (3)
Cavs (2)

CLE d. PHI (4-2)

WEST

Jazz (8)
Rockets (5)

HOU d. UTA (4-2)

---

Lakers (3)
Mavericks (2)

DAL d. LAK (4-0)
Old 12-17-2008, 05:07 AM   #32
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

'08-'09 PLAYOFFS: CONFERENCE FINALS

EAST

Knicks (4)
Cavs (2)

NY d. CLE (4-3)

WEST

Rockets (5)
Mavericks (2)

DAL d. HOU (4-2)

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-17-2008 at 05:08 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:13 AM   #33
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

'08-'09 FINALS

DALLAS MAVERICKS vs. NEW YORK KNICKS

GM 1: Dallas 93, New York 84

GM 2:
Dallas 125, New York 107

GM 3:
New York 108, Dallas 80

GM 4: Dallas 95, New York 93

GM 5: Dallas 106, New York 100

THE DALLAS MAVERICKS ARE NBA CHAMPIONS!

MVP: PF Dirk Nowitzki (24.7 PPG, 6.4 RPG, 3.6 APG)

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-17-2008 at 05:16 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:22 AM   #34
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

OFF-SEASON

Player Options:

SG Weaver: $732K (Team) Accepted
PF Green: $3.52m (2 yr Team) Accepted
SF Durant: $4.8m (2 yr Team) Accepted
SF Hassell: $4.35m (Player) Accepted
Old 12-17-2008, 05:27 AM   #35
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

OFF-SEASON

Player Re-Signing:

Here are they players whose contracts are expiring:
(B) = Bird Rights

PF Joe Smith
SG Flip Murray
SF Quinton Ross
PF Stromile Swift (B)
C Johan Petro (B)
SG Thomas Gardner
PG John Lucas

The only guys willing to talk to me are Joe Smith and Quinton Ross and I have no desire to talk to any of them, so farewell. I need cap room to make a run at some guys in a year or two.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:37 AM   #36
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Thumbs up

OFF-SEASON

Draft Lottery

I have to admit, the draft is easily my favorite part and I'm very excited to have a good shot at a high pick. Here's how the chances shake out:

1) Sacramento
2) Oklahoma City
3) Golden State
4) Milwaukee
5) Detroit
6) Washington
7) Portland
8) Indiana
9) Los Angeles Clippers
10) Toronto
11) Charlotte
12) Chicago
13) Minnesota
14) Memphis

Here we go! Let's see what the lottery balls say!

WOW!
1) Charlotte (+10)
2) Sacramento (-1)
3) Golden State
4) Oklahoma City (-2)
5) Milwaukee (-1)
6) Detroit (-1)
7) Washington (-1)
8) Portland (-1)
9) Indiana (-1)
10) LA Clippers (-1)
11) Toronto (-1)
12) Chicago
13) Minnesota
14) Memphis

I can't frickin' believe how lucky Charlotte got. To jump 10 spots to #1...ugh. We get #4 which is okay but not ideal. Let's check out the players.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:47 AM   #37
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Draft Ranking: Top 10

1) PG Jonathan Dudley, Tennessee
2) C Josh Kelley, Miami
3) SF J.P. Phillips, Ohio St.
4) SG Everett Saunders, Boston College
5) PG Scot Eisley, Miami (OH)
6) PG Keon Bonner, Michigan
7) SF Jake Quinn, Fresno St.
8) PF Clarence Bush, New Mexico
9) PG Carlos Rodriguez, Puerto Rico
10) PF Francis Hansen, Texas

This is how my scouts have stacked the board, but for my needs, this is how I see things.

1) C Kelley
2) SG Saunders
3) PG Dudley
4) PG Eisley

If I end up taking Eisley, he will convert to SG. I'm a bit nervous about that, but we'll see. I wonder if I could trade up to take Kelley, or even down to take Saunders? The problem is you can't trade in this game once the draft stars. Boo!

Mock Draft

1. Charlotte - C Kelley
2. Sacramento - PG Dudley
3. Golden State - SF Phillips
4. Oklahoma City - PG Eisley

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-17-2008 at 05:48 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:02 AM   #38
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Damn. Not being able to trade during the draft is really killin' me. What do I do!?
Old 12-17-2008, 06:18 AM   #39
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 NBA DRAFT

The 2009 Draft is here! I've got my eye on center Josh Kelley but I don't think he'll stay around. Then again, these point guards are awesome. But for my team, I have Westbrook and Durant and really only need a C and a SG. Here we go...let's roll.

...With the 1st pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Charlotte Bobcats select...

Point Guard, Jonathan Dudley, Tennessee

...With the 2nd pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Sacramento Kings select...

Small Forward, J.P. Phillips, Ohio St.

Snap. This was the guy I was worried would fall to me. With him gone, I know I'll be happy with Kelley or Eisley.

...With the 3rd pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Golden State Warriors select...

Point Guard, Scot Eisley, Miami of Ohio

WOW!!!!!!!! WE GET OUR BOY KELLEY!!!!!

...With the 4th pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Oklahoma City Thunder select...

Center, Josh Kelley, Miami

We're extremely excited to see this guy on the court. Now we wait for our 2nd rounder to come up.

When we get there, all of the guys we scouted are gone so we have to make a blind pick. I want an outside shooter, but all the SG's are gone, so I pick up a SF that I'll try and convert to SG.

With the 32nd pick, the Thunder select SF Franklin Fulton, Penn St.

Awesome draft!
Old 12-17-2008, 06:23 AM   #40
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

ROOKIE SIGNINGS

Today we inked a deal with our first round pick Josh Kelley and our 2nd rounder Frank Fulton.

Kelley (6'11", 294 lbs.) was the 4th overall pick. After four years of playing at Miami University, Kelley declared for the draft. Many believed he would be chosen with the #1 pick, but when Charlotte won the lottery everything changed. Kelley signed a 2yr deal with a 2yr team option. The initial two year deal is worth $6.24m.

Fulton (6'7", 236 lbs) was taken with the Thunder's 2nd round pick. Coming from Penn State where Fulton played SF, the Thunder will likely use him at SG as well. Today he signed a 1yr deal with a 2yr team option. His initial year long contract is worth $442k.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:51 PM   #41
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Go Eisley, MU Ohio alumni unite! They'd better go round up Harper and Szerbiak for some high caliber scoring options.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:30 AM   #42
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

FREE AGENCY

For this free agency period, we have a few needs but don't need too many starters. I'd like to keep my cap situation solid for the potentially awesome class next season. Plus, I don't think we are ready to contend yet and I'd love to give Westbrook, Durant, Green, and Kelley some time to develop.

Also, we did some roster maneuvering. Jeff Green will take over at SF, and Durant will move to SG. That leaves our only real hole at PF. But for now, I'd be happy using Collison or Sean Williams there.

Here are the top ten free agents.

PF Carlos Boozer, 27 yo
PG Allen Iverson, 34 yo
PG Jason Kidd, 36 yo
SF Danny Granger, 26 yo
SF Ron Artest, 29 yo
SF Shawn Marion, 31 yo
PG Andre Miller, 33 yo
PF Lamar Odom, 29 yo
PF Rasheed Wallace, 34 yo
C Mehmet Okur, 30 yo

We currently have 10 players on our roster, and we need A PG and PF/C. We have $30.10m left before we hit the salary cap.

The first guy we go after is PG Ramon Sessions. He's in his 3rd year and was with the Bucks last year. He scored 10.4ppg and had just under 5 assists per game. He's looking for a three year deal that's worth $4.8m in the first year. He's not a very good scorer but he's good on defense and is a pretty good ball handler. I'm not 100% sure he's worth the contract though, so I look around some more.

I find another guy, PG Chris Quinn. He was with the Heat last year and tthis will be his 4th year in the NBA. He's a better shooter and is good on defense as well and will save us about $1m per year. I offer him a three year deal as a role player, with the first year worth about $3.5m.

Next, we start our search for another big man. However, it looks like one of our best options is C Robert Swift who was with us last year. He is average inside and has pretty good post defense and rebounding skills. Plus, our scout tells us he has pretty good potential. He wants a 2yr deal for $2.5m each year. I throw in a team option and remind him that he'll get limited playing time. We make the offer and hope for the best for the next day.

Day 2: We haven't heard back from either player. We're the only team that has contacted Quinn and Swift.

Day 3: Nothing changes. Just to update you on some of the top FA's, Boozer is getting wooed by the Bulls, who offered him a 4yr, $72m deal.

Day 4: Iverson has an interesting decision to make. The Jazz are offering the 14yr veteran a two year deal worth $18m, but they don't promise a starting job. The Clippers are offering $8m, and they also don't promise a starting job.

But the Heat are offering $7m and a spot as a starter.

Day 5: Robert Swift contacts us and tells us that he accepts our offer. Nice!

Day 6: Quinn accepts! Looks like we're done with free agency this year. Let's see where the top guys went...

PF Carlos Boozer, 27 yo (Bulls)
PG Allen Iverson, 34 yo (Pacers)
PG Jason Kidd, 36 yo (Heat)
SF Danny Granger, 26 yo (Jazz)
SF Ron Artest, 29 yo (Pistons)
SF Shawn Marion, 31 yo (Pacers)
PG Andre Miller, 33 yo (Hawks)
PF Lamar Odom, 29 yo (Nets)
PF Rasheed Wallace, 34 yo (Bobcats)
C Mehmet Okur, 30 yo (Pistons)

Looks like the Heat and the Pistons really improved themselves, each picking up two of the top ten.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-20-2008 at 01:06 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:55 AM   #43
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2009 Opening Day Roster

Here's a look at our roster as we continue our quest to become a winning team. We added a great young center and feel like we're on our way.

STARTERS

PG:
Russell Westbook, 20 yo (2) 6'3", 187 lbs.

Westbrook is looking more and more solid as he gains experience. Last year he had 11ppg and 5.4apg.

SG: Kevin Durant, 21 yo (3) 6'9", 215 lbs.

Durant is the man. He averaged 25pgg and 5.5rpg last season. This year, he moves to SG. I think that could give the defense some problems. Durant is 6'9", and can most likely shoot over many of the guards in the league.

SF: Jeff Green, 23 yo (3) 6'9", 235 lbs.

Green moves over from PF and will be able to utilize his outside shooting more. He averaged 13.9 ppg last year. He's a better outside shooter than inside, so I expect to see those numbers go up at the new position.

PF: Nick Collison, 28 yo (7) 6'10", 255 lbs.

Collison's numbers were down last year, but he did a serviceable job at center. Now as the starting PF, he has some help with the rookie Kelley at center. I think he'll put together a better season.

C : Josh Kelley, 23 yo (R) 6'11", 294 lbs.

Here's our new big man! Taken with the 4th overall pick, we're super excited to see Kelley in action. I think he'll make everyone on the team better.

ROLE PLAYERS

PF:
Sean Williams, 23 yo (3) 6'10", 235 lbs.

Williams is a defensive specialist who can hold his own in the paint. He's a good rebounder as well.

PG: Chris Quinn, 26 yo (4) 6'2", 175 lbs.

Quinn is a free agent pickup who has some potential. Two years ago, he averaged almost 8ppg in Miami, but he didn't get much playing time last season. He's a good player on the perimeter when on offense and defense.

SG: Kyle Weaver, 23 yo (2) 6'6", 201 lbs.

Weaver is young, but he provides some nice depth as a perimeter shooter. He'll get some more time on the court than he did last year.

BENCH WARMERS

PF: D.J. White, 22 (R) 6'9", 251 lbs.

His strength is rebounding but needs to work on his defense and inside scoring if he wants to stick around.

SF: Trenton Hassell, 30 yo (9) 6'5", 233 lbs.

Hassell is exclusively a perimeter defender, and that's about it.

C: Robert Swift, 23 yo (5) 7'1", 245 lbs.

Swift has some nice potential. He's a good inside scorer, a good rebounder, and an adequate post defender.

PROSPECTS

SF
: Franklin Fulton, 22 yo (R) 6'7", 236 lbs.

Fulton was our 2nd rounder this past draft. It looks like he'll be a pretty good outside shooter.

OPENING DAY ROTATION

Here is our planned rotation for the start of the season:

PG Westbrook: 38
SG Durant: 42
SF Green: 38
PF Collison: 34
C Kelley: 37

PF Williams: 13
PG Quinn: 13
SG Weaver: 13
PF White: 4
SF Hassell: 3
C Swift: 3
SF Fulton: 2
Old 12-18-2008, 03:09 AM   #44
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2010 Draft Outlook

I don't think we'll be quite as bad and may not get the chance to draft these guys, but here are what look like players that will be taken in the Top 5 of the 2010 draft.

PG Abraham Finley. 6'3", 203 lbs. Arizona

Finley looks like a great outside shooter and defender but doesn't have the passing skills to make everyone else better.

PG Randall McMillan. 6'2", 192 lbs. Notre Dame

McMillan is a good shooter and does have the playmaking skills, but lacks the defensive skills. Teams could have trouble picking between Finley and McMillan.

SG Kenny Witt. 6'7", 220 lbs. Kentucky

Witt is a terrible, terrible defender, but dominated on offense from the outside.

PF Edgar Petersen. 6'10", 274 lbs. Oklahoma

Petersen is the big man that a lot of teams will be looking for. He is a dominant defender and rebounder. He lacks the finesse on offense but will shut teams down in the post.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:38 AM   #45
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

October 29, 2009

Milwaukee Bucks (1-0) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (0-0)

STARTING LINEUPS

BUCKS

PG Ridnour
SG Redd
SF Jefferson
PF Milsap
C Bogut

THUNDER

PG Westbrook
SG Durant
SF Green
PF Collison
C Kelley

---

FIRST HALF

Here we go! Here's to a solid '09-'10 season!

The Bucks win the tip off and start off the game. On their first possession they go to the line after Kelley gets called for a foul.

Both teams come out firing on all cylinders and it's 10-10 just three minutes in.

Halfway through and MIL is up 18-16. Our standout has been Green who has been playing SF extremely well.

The first ends and we're up by two, 24-22. Durant ends the 1st with 10 points and Westbrook is looking great with 4 assists.

Halfway through the 2nd it's still close. Westbrook is at the line and puts us up by 2. It's 36-34.

With 2:00 left in the half, it's still close. It's been a battle and no one has been able to pull away. We're still up by 2, 45-43.

At the half, it's still a two point game. We're up 51-49.

HALFTIME STATS

OKC

3's: 0/3
FT's: 11/12
REB: 22

Green: 16 PTS, 6 REB
Durant: 14 PTS
Westbrook: 10 PTS, 6 AST
Kelley: 4 PTS, 3 REB

MIL

FG%: 39
3's: 3/6
FT's: 14/16
REB: 21

Jefferson: 15 PTS
Redd: 8 PTS
Bogut: 7 PTS, 9 REB

SECOND HALF

We open up the half with a 14-6 run that puts us up 10.

Green is really playing great, nailing a three and then throwing down a huge dunk after a steal.

Halfway through the quarter and we're up 71-59.

Near the end of the quarter, after having a 15 point lead MIL has clawed back and are now within 6 with 18 seconds left in the 3rd.

The quarter ends with us up 81-73, a nice lead that I think we can hold onto.

A few minutes in, we're up 12, 89-77.

And Kelley gets a big block! Nice to see that from our new guy.

With 2:45 left, the Bucks have brought it back to a 5 point game. but Durant steps it up and drains a beautiful three and it's 100-91 with 1:55 left.

Bogut, who has 13 PTS and 14 REB's goes to the line but can only make one. We get the rebound and Westbrook takes it up, but we can't score.

They can't put anything together and we close out the game for a win.

Thunder 104, Bucks 96

FINAL STATS

OKC

3's: 2/7
FT's: 18/21
REB: 45

Green: 29 PTS, 9 REB
Durant: 29 PTS, 9 REB
Westbrook: 16 PTS, 13 AST
Kelley: 11 PTS, 9 REB

MIL

FG%: 39
3's: 5/11
FT's: 25/30

Redd: 24 PTS
Jefferson: 23 PTS
Bogut: 14 PTS, 16 REB
Millsap: 9 PTS, 12 REB
Old 12-18-2008, 04:52 AM   #46
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Game Sims:

OKC @ NO: 105-108 L (Durant: 50 PTS, 8 REB; Green: 25 PTS)
MIN @ OKC: 120-91 L (Durant: 27 PTS; Green: 21 PTS)
BOS @ OKC: 118-96 L (Durant: 27 PTS, 6 REB)
OKC @ UTA: 77-117 L (Durant: 21 PTS; Collison: 14 PTS)
ORL @ OKC: 93-84 L (Green: 18 PTS)
OKC @ CHI: 119-111 W (Durant: 31 PTS, 9 REB; Westbrook: 29 PTS, 10 AST)
CHA @ OKC: 91-76 L (Durant: 36 PTS, 8 REB)
OKC @ PHI: 100-113 L (Durant: 34 PTS; Westbrook: 22 PTS)
OKC @ NY: 74-94 L (Durant: 19 PTS, 7 REB; Collison: 13 PTS, 10 REB)
CHA @ OKC: 88-92 W (Green: 23 PTS; Durant: 22 PTS; Westbrook: 10 AST)
SAC @ OKC: 87-89 W (Durant: 28 PTS)

Current Record: (4-8)

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-18-2008 at 04:59 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:48 AM   #47
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

man this is making me want to sim ahead and check out the draft process more in-depth
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:21 PM   #48
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
man this is making me want to sim ahead and check out the draft process more in-depth

I'm sorry to say it's not great.

They could do some very simple things to make it more fun, but it's kind of a downer. No trading once it starts? That completely ruins the coolest part of the draft for me....hoping your guys lasts, trading up when you realize he won't....bah.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:22 PM   #49
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

November 21, 2009

Houston Rockets (5-5) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (4-8)

STARTING LINEUPS

ROCKETS

PG Lowry
SG McGrady
SF Battier
PF Scola
C Yao Ming

THUNDER

PG Westbrook
SG Durant
SF Green
PF Collison
C Kelley

---

FIRST HALF

We're a little more than halfway through the first and Houston is up 16-14. Yao is really shredding up our offensive chances. He's swatting away everything that comes near him.

Houston just nailed a wide open three with 1:30 left in the 1st and are now up 25-17.

It ends 27-21 and we can't let them gain on their lead in the 2nd.

We go on a run and go up by 1 after a three pointer with 10:00 left.

Halfway through and Houston as taken a two point lead. Durant launches up a three but it's off. We get a steal but don't have a chance for a fast break. We get fouled on a reach. Inbound pass to Westbrook and he nails a three! Nice! We're up one.

Ack. They hit a three on their next possession.

Our backup PG Chris Quinn is having a pretty solid game so far. He just hit a three to bring us within one.

With 2:00 left it's 48-44, HOU.

The Rockets' four point lead remains and the half ends with us down 50-46.

HALFTIME STATS

OKC

3's: 6/14
FT's: 0/0
REB: 21

Quinn: 11 PTS
Durant: 8 PTS, 3 AST
Westbrook: 5 PT, 4 AST

HOU

3's: 5/12
FT's: 7/8
REB: 23

McGrady: 14 PTS
Jackson: 10 PTS
Yao: 10 PTS, 8 REB

SECOND HALF

Houston opens up strong and goes up by twelve at one point, but halfway through the 3rd and we're back within 5 and have possession. Damn it! Yao blocks a shot by Durant, but they miss their shot and we get it back and need to get within 3. Yao blocks another but we recover, then miss the shot.

At the start of the 4th, the Rockets are up 75-69.

(Sorry, lost track.)

Rockets 96, Thunder 95
FINAL STATS

OKC

3's: 11/25
FT's: 6/8

Durant: 27 PTS, 7 REB
Green: 23 PTS
Westbrook: 13 PTS, 11 AST

HOU

3's: 7/28
FT's: 17/26
REB: 52

Yao: 25 PTS, 19 REB
McGrady: 21 PTS, 5 REB
Jackson: 15 PTS
Scola: 11 REB
Old 12-18-2008, 10:38 PM   #50
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Game Sims:

OKC @ HOU: 106-91 W (Durant: 39 PTS, 11 REB)
PHO @ OKC: 103-90 L (Durant: 32 PTS; Green: 17 PTS)
OKC @ DET: 85-108 L (Durant: 27 PTS, 11 REB)
MIN @ OKC: 110-98 L (Durant: 41 PTS)
OKC @ DAL: 96-95 W (Durant: 30 PTS; Westbrook: 9 AST)
OKC @ WAS: 95-105 L (Durant: 30 PTS; Green: 17 PTS, 9 REB)
OKC @ CHA: 82-86 L (Durant: 30 PTS; Green: 18 PTS, 10 REB)
OKC @ MIA: 78-97 L (Durant: 23 PTS; Westbrook: 10 PTS, 8 AST)
LAC @ OKC: 81-85 W (Green: 17 PTS; Durant: 16 PTS, 6 REB)

Current Record: (7-15)