Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-12-2009, 04:12 AM   #1
condors
College Starter

Changing the Past(DOTT tew2008 dynasty)

My name is Eric Baker. Things are about to happen in the wrestling buisness that will change history forever. Their are men in the buisness with vision(although some will argue its tunnel vision). After alot of thought i decide to put my hat in the mix and open American Wrestling Federation. I am not an actual wrestler. I say who wins who loses and how. I also can do announcing work. As it stands right now I am cult sized but 5th in terms of prestiage in the USA. WWF, MACW, GCW, and AWA are ahead of the AWF. In terms of importance we are currently #1 (opened up a promotion on easy level and this is where it put me).

My wrestling product is Traditional and favors technician type wrestlers. Our creative team recommand 5 "hidden gems" i make no heisitation going after 4 of them. I also put feelers out to the most popular wrestlers in our base of operations "Great Lakes" and all technical style workers. I am pleased that we got our referee Earl Hebner

When trying to assemble our roster we get snubbed by guys due to loyalty and to more prestious promotions but I can't complain about our roster we have some cheap enhancement talent to main eventers. I ended with not enough workers after my inital hirings so i go after more hidden gems.

I am going to let my relations with other companys work themselves out I am going neutral to everyone right now. Although the WWF took a few of the guys i wanted so there is some simmering tension there.

condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:16 AM   #2
condors
College Starter

The Roster:

Andre the Giant - 36 years old- I didn't expect to get him but i did. He is going into a storyline with a guy on a short term deal Abdullah the Butcher who is another main eventer.

Blackjack Mulligan 48 years old can work the mic is your big brawler type but is good in the ring (alot of big brawlers can stink up the joint). He currently isn't in terminal decline so he may have so miles left in his body although he close to it.

Bob Backlund 33 years old. Great skills and fit for our federation plays the underdog role can see him going up against the three guys already mentioned at some point but his first storyline will be with..

Harley Race 39 years old and in "terminal" decline which means he can retire any day now. I will take him for as long as i can though because he is a ring general.

The Next group of guys are Upper Midcarders

Jim Garvin 27 year old this guy is on the cusp of greatness. If he improves a little in all areas he could become a dominat champion if not he may become a jobber to the stars.

Jerry Brown 39 year old he is brought in to make main eventers look good and beating the lower card guys, He is 39 and average in everything unless something sparks for him i don't see gold in his future.

Mr Wrestling 54 years old (he isn't a full time wrestler) and Mr Wrestling II 46 (upper midcard) years old these guys will probally be battling for the tag titles then will see what mr wrestling II has in the tank.

Road Warrior Hawk and Road Warrior Animal (25 and 23 years old) These guys were brought in to be a dominat force in our tag team division. Both guys are upper midcards.

Our midcarders:

Bobby Eaton 24 years old I like him will be trying pairings with him to see if they work and maybe become title threats.

Jake Roberts 27 years old. He could be our goto guy on the mic and future world champ. He is a good wrestler at this point as well. Him and Andre the Giant don't like each other backstage.

Scott McGhee 31 years old. Doesn't have a world of talent and virtually no charisma. He is a technican so he could work out in our product if he improves if not he looks like he could be putting other guys over.

Geoff Ports 51 years old if it wasn't for his age he would be getting a huge push. A very good technical wrestler.

Les Thorton 35 years old. He has the talent to be a main eventer lets see if we can take him there.

Magnum T.A. 23 years old. At this point he needs to improve some before i can see him as a serious title threat but he is supposed to have the talent there.

Mike Rotundo 25 years old. He isn't bad will probally figure in the tag divison for now.

Jacques (22 year old midcarder) Raymond (28 year old lower midcarder) and Armaund Rougeau (28 year old enhancement talent) they are real brothers and will feature in tags and singles matches they will need more popularity before they are believed to be a singles title threat though.

Mark Rocco 29 years old lower midcarder. He has talent but also is a problem backstage and is paid more than alot of guys higher on the card. If he gives me a reason he will get fired although if he moves up the card like he should he could be a world champ.

Dean Malenko 22 year old lower midcarder. I am a fan of the man with 1000 holds. He could be the champ in the future. He is a good fit for this product although he could use some work on his mic skills.

Greg Wojciechowski 33 years old is a good technical wrestler should work well with alot of the guys on the roster is currently cheap if he stays that way he will be around till he retires.

Sean O'Riely 25 year old opener good cheap technical wrestler I like this kid.

Mark Flemming 27 year old technical opener who is cheap not the most talented but still cheap.

Steven Regal(17) and Dave Taylor(25) are enchancement talent tag team. Not sure how long i will resist breaking off Steven Regal but will see how thing go.

We have Joe Malenko and Ox Baker as occsional wrestlers as well. Ox Baker looks to be awsome in angles has A* menace (for the monster heel role and is gifted on the mic as well)
Old 01-12-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

That's a solid roster on top, hopefully they don't break you before you get built up and drive Vince into the Ocean.

Good to see another DOTT dynasty going.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
condors
College Starter

BYU 14 - thanks for reading

Me, i like to write things down have a plan look at a guy and see where he is in 6 months. Well my plans just got changed 6 of my guys are working elsewhere. Storylines have been changed. It is one of my favorite things about this game though as you can't forsee everything and it is a different every time.

AWF:April from the Chicago Amphitheatre

darkmatch#1 trying out a tag team of Greg Wojciechowski and Mark Rocco as they defeat Armand Rougeau and Mark Fleming in 5:34 when Mark Rocco defeated Mark Fleming by pinfall with a Tombstone Piledriver
The performance of Greg Wojciechowski stood out as being good. Armand Rougeau is improving in Performance skills. Mark Fleming is improving in Performance skills.
rating=D

(well can't expect much from a team with F- experience no negative chemistry but not sure if they are going to have a future together)

Darkmatch#2
Mike Rotundo defeated Sean O'Reilly in 5:31 by pinfall with an Airplane Spin.
Mike Rotundo is improving in Technical skills. Sean O'Reilly is improving in Technical skills. Sean O'Reilly is improving in Performance skills.
rating=D+

(Not bad at all for a dark match)

I hype up the upcoming tag match (F+)
ooc:oh crap this show is going to bomb

Raymond Rouge / Jacques Rouge defeated Joe Malenko / Dean Malenko and Steven Regal / David Taylor in 7:50; the order of elimination was Steven Regal / David Taylor first, and finally Joe Malenko / Dean Malenko.

Joe Malenko was really off his game tonight. Dean Malenko was visibly tiring toward the end. Jacques Rougeau seemed off his game tonight. Steven Regal was really off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The the tag title chase storyline has continued with this match. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Raymond Rougeau is improving in Flying skills. Steven Regal is improving in Technical skills.
Rating E

(i am simming this as i am writing this man i should have practiced this to get a better feel for what angles will work with what guys)

Eric Baker calls out Jim Garvin for an interview. In it, the two discuss recent events, which leads to Garvin cracking a joke at the expense of Bobby Eaton. Garvin and Baker then share a laugh amongst themselves.
rating E- (This segment brought the crowd's mood down. )

Jim Garvin defeated Bobby Eaton in 9:37 by pinfall with a Brainbuster DDT.
The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Jim Garvin is improving in Rumble skills.
rating D-

Jerry Brown defeated Magnum T.A. in 9:55 by pinfall. Jerry Brown was really off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Jerry Brown is improving in Rumble skills.
rating E+

Ox Baker is in the ring with a microphone. He claims that he is so good that he cannot be defeated by anyone, and so he is making an open challenge for any wrestler on the roster to face him in a singles match.
rating B- (hey something worked!)

Ox Baker defeated Geoff Portz in 5:43 by pinfall with a Heart Punch. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Ox Baker is improving in Performance skills.
Rating D

Video is shown hyping Abdulah the Butcher
rating C+

Abdullah the Butcher defeated Scott McGhee in 9:39 by pinfall with a Sudanese Meat Cleaver
Rating D+

Blackjack Mulligan attacks Andre the Giant backstage, and leaves him down and out.
rating C+

Andre the Giant defeated Blackjack Mulligan in 9:31 by submission with a Bearhug. This match lifted the crowd.
rating B-

I hype the upcoming Bob Backlund vs Harley Race match for the world title
rating C-

Harley Race defeated Bob Backlund in 11:53 by pinfall. Harley Race wins the AWF:World Champion title.
The Bob Backlund and Harley Race storyline has continued with this match. This match lifted the crowd. Harley Race is improving in Technical skills.
Rating B

Harley Race is celebrating his victory in the ring. Bob Backlund runs in and attacks, beating Race down into the mat.
Rating C

(that was supposed to be Race beating down Backlund oppsie)

OVERALL RATING: C+ (saved by my main event) i also get the message i used Eric Baker(me) too much
Old 01-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
BYU 14
Coordinator

Race and Backlund can carry you for a while, that is a great main feud and Blackjack/Andre kind of surprised me. I think you have something with them too.

What was your attendance?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
condors
College Starter

It was a ppv sized show and we had 10000 in attendance. Our buy rate was 0.62. I don't have a good ppv deal but i figure the exposure will do our guys alot of good. Having 4 straight segments of bringing the crowd down makes it hard to judge how bad the guys involved are. Andre the Giant's popularity actually went from A to B+ in most areas from that show. Not a good thing. I orginally was going with Abdulah vs Andre but when i had to redo my show i changed it.

Hopefully i can get to become my guys #1 priority then i can get to national and lock up my guys. As it stands now i am a little worried about building stars for other guys but there is enough talent out there for everyone to make a push for national status but the way national battles work in the game only 2 can stay there for an extended time. I also would really love to have a devolpment fed and put a dozen young bucks in there for future call ups when i need someone.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:23 PM   #7
condors
College Starter

In the grand scheme of thing My AWF is still the most popular but there are 6 companies more prestigous than mine. CMLL in mexico and NJPW in Japan are not really a big concern of mine. Georgia Champioinship Wrestling, American Wrestling Assocation, Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling and the World Wrestling Federation are above me in the pecking order and i share workers with alot of them.

Wahoo Mcdaniel is injured and will be out for about 6 weeks

The WWF is at B prestiage while we are at C and are the place wrestlers want to work. They have brought in Roddy Piper, Micahel Hayes, Hulk Hogan, Austin Idol, Jesse Ventura, The Junkyard Dog, to go against Bob Backlund, Pedro Morales, Jimmy Snuka, Ray Stevens and Sgt Slaughter. Andre took the title from Bob Backlund. (Argh Andre was getting jobbed losing 5 straight matches. His drop in popularity may have nothing to do with my booking)

ICW are having problems Which is the home of Randy Savage who is loyal to his dad (go figure) and is not willing to work for me right now. Also Ox Baker who i already have and Ron Garvin, If they go under i will try to get Savage and maybe grab an experienced tag team.

Last edited by condors : 01-13-2009 at 02:54 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:39 AM   #8
condors
College Starter

only running 1 show a month made us a good bit of money, We do have a TV show in the works. We have our same 6 guys unable to work so no road warriors mr wrestling 1 and 2 no jake the snake and no les thorton. I do bring in 47 year old Rick Hunter he has good skills and isn't that expensive shame about his age.

Presenting AWF:May(1983) at the Chicago Amphithreatre

Our first darkmatch is the team of Joe and Dean Malenko go against Mark Flemming and Armand Rougeau. Dean get the pin in 6 minutes with a brainbuster. rating E+ (brought the crowd down)

Our next darkmatch is a 3 way dance with Magnum TA, Geoff Portz, and Scott McGhee wrestle a 10 minute time limit draw. rating D

We hit the airwaves with Bobby Eaton vs Greg Wojciechowski. Bobby Eaton defeated Greg Wojciechowski in 5:43 by pinfall with an Alabama Jam. (Bobby Eaton and Greg Wojciechowski have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. The match suffered from a lack of psychology, it could have really used somebody with the knowledge of how to construct a proper flow. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. ) rating D+

Mike Rotundo defeated Sean O'Reilly in 5:39 by pinfall with an Airplane Spin.
(The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. ) rating D

Abdullah the Butcher attacks Ox Baker and leaves him out! rating B-

Jim Garvin defeated Mark Rocco in 6:16 by pinfall with a Brainbuster DDT. (The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. ) rating D-

Ox Baker attacks Abdullah the butcher and leaves him out! rating C+

Raymond Rouge / Jacques Rouge defeated Steven Regal / David Taylor in 5:40 when Jacques Rougeau defeated Steven Regal by submission with a Quebec Crab. Raymond Rouge / Jacques Rouge win the AWF:World Tag Team titles.
(The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. ) rating E

Jerry Brown defeated Rick Hunter in 7:33 by pinfall. (Jerry Brown seemed off his game tonight. Rick Hunter seemed off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. ) rating E+

Ox Baker defeated Abdullah the Butcher in 5:55 by pinfall with a Heart Punch.
(The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The ox baker and abdullah the butcher storyline has continued with this match. Ox Baker is improving in Rumble skills. ) rating C-

Blackjack Mulligan is having an interview going on about Andre the Giant (C+)
Andre the Giant comes out of the dressing room to face Blackjack (B-)

Andre the Giant defeated Blackjack Mulligan in 9:43 by submission with a Bearhug. (Blackjack Mulligan was really off his game tonight. The andre the giant and blackjack mulligan storyline has continued with this match. This match lifted the crowd. ) rating B-

Eric Baker(me) interviews Bob Backlund about his upcoming match with Harley Race. Backlund advises this time Race that he has been working hard and wonders if Race has been training as hard as him. (C-)

Harley Race has an interview, in which he goes off on a rant about how much he hates Bob Backlund. (C-)

Harley Race defeated Bob Backlund in 19:45 by pinfall. Harley Race makes defence number 1 of his AWF:World Champion title. (The Bob Backlund and Harley Race storyline has continued with this match. This match lifted the crowd. Harley Race is improving in Technical skills. ) B-

Overall Rating C+
attendance was 9819 so we didn't sell out this time.
I need to do better if we are going to ever go national
Old 01-14-2009, 09:23 AM   #9
condors
College Starter

we are at our first tv show and we have a full roster.

AWF Presents Monday Mayham at the UIC Pavillion live on ESPN in front of 4182 people.

darkmatch#1 Dean Malenko defeated Armand Rougeau in 5:56 by submission with a Texas Cloverleaf. (Dean Malenko seemed off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Armand Rougeau is improving in Rumble skills. ) rating E-

darkmatch#2 Rick Hunter defeated Greg Wojciechowski in 5:48 by pinfall with an Inverted Suplex. (Greg Wojciechowski was really off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. ) rating D

I wanted a good match for our first tv match ever...

Bob Backlund defeated Jake Roberts in 12:16 by submission with a Crossface Chickenwing. (Jake Roberts seemed off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.)
rating C

Abdullah the Butcher attacks Ox Baker backstage (B-)

Road Warrior / Road Warrior defeated Raymond Rouge / Jacques Rouge and Steven Regal / David Taylor in 7:45; the order of elimination was Steven Regal / David Taylor first, and finally Raymond Rouge / Jacques Rouge. (Jacques Rougeau was really off his game tonight. Road Warrior Animal was visibly tiring toward the end. David Taylor seemed off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Road Warrior Hawk is improving in Rumble skills. Road Warrior Hawk is improving in Technical skills. )
rating D-

Ox Baker attacks Abdullah the Butcher (C+)

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Les Thornton in 10:02 by submission with a Blackjack Clawhold (The match suffered because of the lack of selling on display. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Les Thornton is improving in Rumble skills. ) rating D+

Blackjack Muligan grabs a mic and runs down Andre the Giant (C+)
Andre comes out and they brawl to the back (B-)

Andre the Giant defeated Jerry Brown in 5:42 by submission with a Bearhug. (Jerry Brown was really off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The performance of Andre the Giant stood out as being good. Andre the Giant is improving in Technical skills. ) rating C-

Harley Race comes out for his match as Andre is shaking fans hands. Harley tells Andre to get out of his way...Andre completey blocks his path....wrestlers from the back pour out to break it up before it comes to blows (B-)

Harley Race defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 11:34 by pinfall. Harley Race makes defence number 2 of his AWF:World Champion title. (The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match lifted the crowd. Mr. Wrestling II is improving in Performance skills. )
rating B-

overall rating B- (got my favorite note the show can be considered a success and raised our popularity)
Old 01-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #10
condors
College Starter

We sign 19 year old Frank Rush fresh graduate of Stu Hart's Dungeon he looks good for a kid and who knows what his future will look like. He is only 175 bucks including paying his travel and he doesn't work for anyone else. He will be getting jobbed alot to start and see how it goes.

June Week 2 AWF Presents Monday Night Mayham:at the Newark Field house in front of 4226 (we are holding the show in the mid atlantic region)

darkmatch#1-Jerry Brown defeated Mark Fleming in 5:48 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Mark Fleming was really off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. (E+)

darkmatch#2 Bobby Eaton defeated Armand Rougeau in 6:22 by pinfall with an Alabama Jam. Armand Rougeau seemed off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. (D-)

Mr. Wrestling II defeated Frank Rush in 6:18 by pinfall with a Million Dollar Knee Lift. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Mr. Wrestling II looked good out there. Frank Rush is improving in Rumble skills. (D+)

Jake the snake Roberts cuts a promo running down Andre the Giant (c-)

The Road Warriors defeated the Rougeus Brothers and Steven Regal and Dave Taylor to win the AWF Tag Team Titles (D-)

Ox Baker Attacks Abdullah the Butcher (C+)

Abdullah the Butcher defeated Les Thornton in 5:56 by pinfall with a Sudanese Meat Cleaver The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Abdullah the Butcher is improving in Technical skills. Abdullah the Butcher is improving in Performance skills. (C+)

Abdullah the Butcher attacks Ox Baker (C)

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Rick Hunter in 5:31 by submission with a Blackjack Clawhold.(D+)

Eric Baker interviews Bob Backlund on his upcoming match with Harley Race letting Bob know this is his last chance for the title. (C-)

Andre the Giant defeated Mark Rocco in 5:56 by submission with a Bearhug.Andre the Giant was really off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Andre the Giant is improving in Rumble skills. Andre the Giant is improving in Technical skills. (C)

Andre is walking back to the locker room and Harley Race is walking out it looks like the staredown of DOOM wreslters pour out from the back to stop the brawl (C+)

Bob Backlund defeated Harley Race in 13:45 by submission with a Crossface Chickenwing. Bob Backlund wins the AWF:World Champion title. The Bob Backlund and Harley Race storyline has continued with this match. This match lifted the crowd. Harley Race is improving in Technical skills. (B)

Overall Rating:C+

This isn't what i had planned but Harley Race announced his retirement so i am finishing the storyline now and giving the belt to Backlund. I had considered Andre and Blackjack as well but decided to go with Backlund as he is the better wrestler hopefully i can get his popularity higher with the goldberg type push. Harley was upset about putting Backlund over.

I think my tag divison is nothing but suckatude at this point. Will be throwing 3 way dances until i can get some A* experienced tag teams. I know if i can get a half dozen up there then it helps the early matches until then though it hurts.

my shows are not as good at most of the other feds which means while i am increasing my popularity very slowing the gap in prestiage is getting larger not smaller. Until i can put on B or better shows every time I won't hit national and I will be vunerable to on the fly changing of plans as workers are or are not available. Having guys lose on TV can be considered a push but the match ratings are not where they need to be yet.I was hoping for higher grades Rocco and Hunter are talented but not popular enough to get the grades needed.

Last edited by condors : 01-15-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #11
condors
College Starter

i was going to try to bring in Dusty Rhodes for some star power but i decieded to sign a bunch of unemployed young guys and throw them in battle royles with andre the giant in dark matches and try to build up some extra stars(the cost is actually a little cheaper for the bunch of young guys)

AWF:Monday Night Mayham June week 3 1983

Andre the Giant won a battle royal in 15:13. The final four competitors also included Abdullah the Butcher, Bob Backlund and Jake Roberts, with Abdullah the Butcher being the final elimination. D+ not the rating i had in mind

Eric Baker interviews Bob Backlund who talks about the importance of training and taking your vitamans and drinking your milk. C-

Mark Rocco defeated Armand Rougeau in 5:33 by pinfall with a Tombstone Piledriver. E+

Jake Roberts has an interview, in which he goes off on a rant about how much he hates Andre the Giant. C-

The Road Warriors defeated The Rougeus and Dave Taylor/Steven Regal D-

Ox Baker attacks Abdullah the Butcher C+

Rick Hunter defeated Joe Malenko in 5:48 by pinfall with an Inverted Suplex.
E+

Abdullah the Butcher attacks Ox Baker B-

Andre the Giant defeated Bobby Eaton in 7:45 by submission with a Bearhug.
C- (got lack of pyschology note but they have good chemistry)

Andre the Giant and Blackjack Mulligan have the stare down of DOOM! B-

Bob Backlund defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 19:59 by submission with a Crossface Chickenwing. Bob Backlund makes defence number 1 of his AWF:World Champion title. B- (Bob Backlund and Mr. Wrestling II have pretty good chemistry)

Overall Rating C+

Well i didn't get the ratings i want but i don't think i am that far from it
Old 01-17-2009, 11:19 AM   #12
condors
College Starter

AWF:June PPV 1983

darkmatch Andre the Giant wins a battle royal D+

The Rougeaus have an interview with Eric baker D-

The Rougeaus defeat Steven Regal and Dave Taylor E+

Eric Baker interviews Bob Backlund C-

Rick Hunter defeated Greg Wojciechowski in 8:04 by pinfall with an Inverted Suplex. D

Mark Rocco has an interview, in which he goes off on a rant about how much he hates Andre the Giant. C-

Mark Rocco defeated Dean Malenko in 7:39 by pinfall with a Tombstone Piledriver. D-

Blackjack Mulligan has an interview, in which he goes off on a rant about how much he hates Andre the Giant. C+

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Scott McGhee in 11:46 by submission with a Blackjack Clawhold. D+

Andre the Giant comes out from the back and destroys Blackjack B-

Abdullah the Butcher defeated Bobby Eaton in 7:48 by pinfall with a Sudanese Meat Cleaver. C-

Ox Baker defeated Harley Race in 5:51 by submission with a Bear Hug. C

Staredown of Doom! with Andre and Ox B-

Bob Backlund defeated Mike Rotundo in 19:55 by submission with a Crossface Chickenwing. Bob Backlund makes defence number 2 of his AWF:World Champion title. Mike Rotundo was really off his game tonight. Bob Backlund and Mike Rotundo have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. B-

(I was worried about the main event but Backlund isn't over as alot of the other main eventers and he and Rotundo have similar styles so i figured i would try it very glad it worked)

Overal Rating C

(argh that sucks we hurt ourselves with that one, and i used myself too much)
Old 01-18-2009, 08:10 AM   #13
condors
College Starter

Monday week 4 June 1983 at the Notre Dame Fieldhouse 4419 attendance

darkmatch-Andre the Giant wins a battle royal D+

Rick Hunter defeated Valente Fernandez D-

Bob Backlund promo C

Road Warriors defeated the Rougeus and Steven Regal and Dave Taylor D

Jake the Snake interview C-

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Jerry Brown D+

Mark Rocco interview C

Andre the Giant defeated Harley Race B

Andre the Giant attacks Blackjack Mulligan B

Bob Backlund defeated Les Thorton to retain the AWF:World Title C

Ox Baker and Abdullah the Butcher have staredown of doom! B-

overall rating C+

not where we want to be. I am in build stars mode to try and catch WWF among others. I will mark my progress in the next post
Old 01-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #14
condors
College Starter

Main Eventers

Abdullah the Butcher (currently trying to extend his short term contract)
Has gone from C+ to B- popularity in our home region is ranked from C to B in other US regions. If i can keep him around he is usefull in angles.

Andre the Giant basically his job is to win battle royals and put on a good match when needed can work menace based attack angles well. At B+ popularity is our most popular wrestler and has had B+ matches with Hogan, Snuka, Ray Stevens, Sgt Slaughter, and Pedro Morales. For us his best was B with Harley Race. We really need to build up our guys.

Bob Backlund in our home area has gone from C- to C is a B+ in New England. Although he is rated lowest in our home region we are working on that. I have to admit i like his skills in the ring and working on improving his skills out of the ring.

Harley Race our former champ is semi active has gone from B- to C+ will be jobbing to other main eventers for as long as he is able.

Jerry Brown he is listed as a main eventer due to the young guys we signed he has gone from E to E+ in popularity his popularity is lowest in our region and as high as D in others. He really is a golorified jobber as he doesn't excel in any angle settings and isn't popular enough to do thinks based on his popularity. His matches aren't that great either really just holding a spot until someone can take it from him.

Les Thorton has gone from an E to a D and he hasn't made a single ppv due to his priorities. I really like the guy and he is getting over could be a potential champion.

Mr Wrestling II has stayed at C- doesn't show up for PPV so isn't getting the push he probally deserves along with Les Thorton.

Ox Baker the semi retired has been working steadily with us and has gone from B- to B popularity. I wish he was 24.

Rick Hunter is someone i decieded to give a push to he shows up to all shows and is a darn good wrestler. Has gone from E to D- popularity.

Mark Rocco a guy who can be problems backstage but has talent is also good on the mic so i have been giving him a shot, has not caused a single problem backstage.

Jake the snake Roberts has gone from E+ to D- shame he doesn't show up for ppvs. Good on the mic so has gotten a few interviews.

As is stands right now i have 4 hometown stars (B- popularity) In my opion to have B+ or higher rated shows you need 12 stars to anachor your company or have some ups and downs.

Eric Baker (me, Announcer/Interviewer) has gone from E- to a D

Bobby Eaton has gone from E- to an E+ i do like him but he isn't ready yet

Dean Malenko has gone from F to E- not ready yet but i have hopes for him

Frank Rush the 19 year old kid we got has gone from F- to F his skills look decent and we have hopes if he improves could be a breakout star. He has lost 3 battle royals and 1 singles match so far.

Jimmy Garvin has remained at E popularity I have hopes for him but he hasn't delievered squat yet.

Magnum TA skill wise has improved but popularity wise is still an E. In with Jimmy Garvin in hopefully will improve at some point.

Mike Rotundo has gone from E to E+ is a decent wrestler and has good chemistry with Bob Backlund so that should help him get more popular.

The rest of the guys are not in the forefront of my plans although that could change.

I need to get better shows as i have increased a total of 0.6 in popularity. At that rate i won't hit national any time soon. Honestly I just need to work on building and reach national before anyone else.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:19 PM   #15
condors
College Starter

AWF Presents:Monday Night Mayham
(attendance 4456 at UIC Pavillion)

Darkmatch-Andre the Giant wins a battle royal (D)

Rick Hunter defeats Dean Malenko (D-)

Bob Backlund interview (C-)

Road Warriors defeated the Rougeus and Steven Regal/Dave Taylor (D)

Jake the Snake Roberts interview (C)

Andre the Giant defeated Jake the snake Roberts (C)

Mark Rocco interview (C+)

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Bobby Eaton (C+)

Andre attacks Blackjack (B)

Bob Backlund defeated Mr Wrestling II(B)

overall rating C+

need to keep plugging along
Old 01-26-2009, 09:01 AM   #16
condors
College Starter

been playing ahead a bit so now to catch up the dynasty:

Bob Backlund promo (C+)

Mike Rotundo defeats Dean Malenko (D-) no really these guys are good

Jake the Snake Roberts interview (C)

The Road Warriors over the Rougues and Dave Taylor/Steven Regal (D-)

Mark Rocco interview (C)

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Jake the Snake Roberts (C)

Andre attacks Blackjack (B)

Andre the Giant defeated Bobby Eaton (C)

Ox Baker, Abdullah the butcher have a stardown (B-)

Bob Backlund defeated Les Thorton to retain the AWF:World Championship (C)

overall show rating C

that just isn't good enough thought it would be better, heck i thought i had a chance to be the best show yet. My personal preferances sometimes not allow me to look at the guys realistically.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:07 AM   #17
condors
College Starter

Monday Night Mayham week 3 July 1983

Andre the Giant wins a battle royal (D)

Mark Rocco defeated Greg Wojciechowski (D-)

Bob Backlund interview (C-)

The Road Warrior defeated The Rougeus and Dave Taylor/Steven Regal (D)

Jake the Snake interview (C)

Rick Hunter defeated Sean O'Reilly (D)

Mark Rocco interview (C)

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Jerry Brown (D+)

Andre attacks Blackjack (B-)

Bob Backlund defeated Les Thorton to retain the AWF:World Championship (C)

overal rating C

this isn't helping we need B rated cards but will keep at it
Old 01-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #18
condors
College Starter

AWF Present July 1983 PPV:

Andre the Giant wins a battly royal (C-)

Bob Backlund interview (C)

The Rougues defeated the Malenkos and Steven Regal/Dave Taylor (E+)

Mark Rocco interview (C)

Ox Baker defeated Bobby Eaton (C-)

Abdullah the Butcher attacks Ox Baker (C+)

Abdullah the Butcher defeated Jerry Brown (C-)

Ox Baker attacks Abdullah the Butcher (B-)

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Scott McGhee (C)

Andre attacks Blackjack (B-)

Bob Backlund defeated Mike Rotundo to retain the AWF:World Title (B)

staredown of doom!!! (B)

overall Rating B-

that is a step in the right direction
Old 01-26-2009, 09:37 AM   #19
condors
College Starter

as you can tell Andre and Bob Backlund have been sorta goto guys for us. We have been pushing both as hard as possible with winning streaks and angles every show. Both are working elsewhere for a TV Show tonight. It kinda ruffles my feathers a bit but we will see what we can do without our champion and our #1 draw.

Road Warriors defeated the Rougeus and Dave Taylor/Steven Regal (D+)

Jim Garvin defeated Geoff Portz (D-)

Bobby Eaton defeated Scott McGhee (C-)

Mark Rocco interview (C)

Mark Rocco defeated Jerry Brown (D-) (Bad chemistry)

Jake Roberts interview (C-)

Abdullah the Butcher defeated Frank Rush (D+)

Ox Baker interview (C+)

Ox Baker defeated Rick Hunter (E+) (bad Chemistry)

Abdullah the Butcher attacks Ox Baker (C+)

Les Thorton defeated Mike Rotundo (D+)

Staredown of Doom! (C+)

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Mr Wrestling II (c-)

overall rating C- (ouch quit it)