Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

The Magic Quest: An NLL MP Dynasty (Orlando - DDS:PB)

Jestor Hired To Resurrect On-Court Magic

A 16-66 campaign and dealing away of the eventual #1 overall pick led to the dismissal of Orlando's GM, creating a void on a team already in identity crisis following a series of trades designed to induce a youth movement.

Into the morass steps Jestor, an academic famous for his scholarship on managing a sports franchise, particularly in professional basketball. Now comes the time for him to test his theories against the elite GMs of the NLL and the results of the experiment will be intriguing to watch.

The new GM lost no time in launching a salvo at the previous regime and outlining a plan for yet another rebuilding effort.

"We were a bad team last year and I fully expect we will be a lottery team again next season. The egregious mistakes made by the previous regime have set the Magic back at least two or three years. Particularly heinous was my predecessor's decision to trade away the eventual #1 overall pick in this year's draft for Ty Lawson. Such a deal violates the Cardinal Rule of Jestor's Management System, which is to always, always enter a draft with a first round pick. I don't care if it's the 30th pick, you don't go into a draft without a first rounder in your pocket. Ever.

We have inherited a culture of losing, a culture that must be erased as quickly as possible and replaced by a new, winning philosophy. To that end, every single player on this roster is available for trade. We will be aggressively pursuing talks to get back into the first round of the upcoming draft to land a player we can make the foundation of our restoration. This is a damned sexy draft, on the level of Jessica Alba/Scarlett Johansson shower scene sexy. Maybe even Victoria's Secret models as your own personal cheerleading squad sexy."

Jestor paused after the ensuing laughter before joking, "In fact, our first move will be to acquire Marko Jaric and for me to claim prima noctae rights on the night he marries Adriana Lima."

The GM returned to his serious vein once the second round of laughter died down.

"There are pieces on this team, good pieces, but I have no attachment to any of them and perhaps they, too, will benefit from a change of scenery. Just who will go where and for what, well that remains to be seen. But what I can say is that I look forward to the challenge before us and I promise you that I will do everything in my power to take this team to former glory and beyond, to heights never before experienced."

No word was given as to the fate of Larry Bird and his staff, but speculation is heavy that the Hall of Famer and his assistants will be getting their pink slips in the next few days.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Last edited by Izulde : 01-18-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:07 PM   #2
Izulde
Head Coach

Gay Talks To Be Postponed Until Free Agency
Irate Jestor Again Lambasts Previous Management

A furious Jestor announced at an impromptu press conference this afternoon that all talks regarding Rudy Gay to another team are suspended until free agency after it was discovered that the prior GM failed to extend the young, rising star.

"The incompetence of the past continues to haunt the present and our future", Jestor fumed, "Our intention was to deal Rudy to break into the first round of the upcoming draft and we had some mutually beneficial offers out to several interested teams. Unfortunately, we are now forced to withdraw those offers as a result of the old administration's inexcusable negligence. We will re-visit the issue during free agency and pursue a sign and trade deal."

The new GM vowed to continue the quest for a first round pick in this year's draft.

"We've sent out an offer to a team that we feel will benefit both teams. Obviously, should the deal be completed, we will not have as high a pick or as many picks as we would have gotten with Rudy, but this is the dead man's hand we've been dealt and we have to go forth from there."

Speculation suggests that Channing Frye could move in such a scenario or, given that the Magic own both their own 1st round pick and the Pistons' 1st round selection in 2011, one of those two picks could go in order to obtain a first rounder in this year's draft.

Note: Unlike in DDSPB, where you can offer an extension until the playoffs are over, the NLL's rules stipulate a two month period early in the season. The previous GM, who acquired Gay from Detroit, neglected to do so and as a result really hosed my efforts to get back into the first round.

Needless to say, this Magic franchise is a total trainwreck.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote