Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-21-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Fixing Chicago - DDSPB Dynasty

October 4th, 2007 - The Chicago Bulls regress from their up-and-coming '06-'07 season, falling to 41-41 and being ousted from the playoffs. In reality, they'd regress even further and miss the playoffs the following season, but land Derrick Rose. Their future right now is still one of mediocrity.

Well, we're going back to 2007 and stopping the plunge before it starts. Mainly 'cause there's no 2008/09 roster available.

Enter Rob Nielsen. An avid basketball fan, and close friend of Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf. Following the underwhelming 41-41 season in 2006, Reinsdorf gives Paxson the ole heave-ho. Not particularly thrilled with the thought of spending more money on a "qualified" GM, he calls up his buddy Nielsen on his birthday, that very October 4th.

Happy birthday, Rob. The Bulls are in your hands.

Whee.

And thus we commence altering history and bringing the Bulls back to power.

Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Day 1

Hooo yeah, we have some work to do.

First things first, we want a non midget guard whose name is not Thabo "Bust" Sefolosha. Second things first, Ben Wallace, your plane is boarding.

Bulls Receive
SG Joe Johnson
SF Josh Smith

Atlanta Receives
C Ben Wallace
SF Luol Deng

I tried combinations of Ben Gordon and Nocioni, but they weren't having anything of it. Deng, while decent, has never impressed me greatly, and Josh Smith can easily slide into the SF position. Joe Johnson gives me an established guard with size, and should pair nicely with Hinrich, who can now play the point and does not guard far bigger players all the time.

And I ain't finished yet.

Bulls Receive
PF Emeka Okafor

Charlotte Receives
SG Ben Gordon
2008 2nd Round Pick
2009 2nd Round Pick

And the search for that elusive quality big man who can defend AND score is over. Not since Horace Grant have we had a decent PF here. The undersized and non-defending Gordon gets the boot, and we've got ourselves a competitive lineup, in my opinion.

I work the phones a little more to try and offload Nocioni and/or Sefolosha and their obnoxious contracts, but nobody bites.

Coach Scott Skiles, whose contract (and fate) is up this season, shows me his starting lineup.

PG Kirk Hinrich
SG Joe Johnson
SF Josh Smith
PF Emeka Okafor
C Joakim Noah

F Tyrus Thomas
G/F Andres Nocioni
F/C Joe Smith
C Aaron Gray
G Chris Duhon
F Victor Khryapa
G/F Adrian Griffon

...with Thabo and JamesOn Curry inactive, and quickly send to the D-Leagues.

The bench is a little underwhelming past Thomas and Nocioni, but we'll live. We have a TON of expiring contracts for 2009 (not 2008), and my goal is to clear out a Nocioni and Thabo before 2009 rolls around. Next year we'll be tight cap-wise, but hopefully that won't be the case in 2009.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

November 30, 2007 (7-5, 3rd place in Central)

vs Nets (W 113-105)
at Pacers (W 99-98)
vs Suns (W 109-100)
vs Clippers (99-109)
at Kings (W 110-99)
at Warriors (W 98-81)
at Nuggets (L 116-123)
at Lakers (W 97-80)
at Suns (L 73-112)
at Jazz (L 90-101)
at Cavs (L 72-91)
vs Lakers (W 108-96)

The dread Circus Trip eats us alive as usual, but all in all, a good start for this team. A quick stats update for the key players as we finish off the month.

Kirk Hinrich - 20.7pts, 2.8rbs, 9.6ast
Joe Johnson - 20.1pts, 3.7rbs, 3.5ast
Josh Smith - 12.4pts, 5.0rbs, 2.2ast
Emeka Okafor - 11.5pts, 9.2rbs, 2.6ast
Joakim Noah - 10.4pts, 9.1rbs, 2.0ast
Tyrus Thomas - 8.3pts, 5.3rbs 1.8ast off the bench.

The tandom of Kirk and Joe Johnson are, to say the least, paying off huge early on. If those 2 can average 40 points a game for me on a regular basis, I'll be quite happy at guard for a long, long time.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:44 PM   #4
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

December 31, 2007 (14-13, 3rd Place in Central)

Bouncing up and down like a Jack Russel Fucking Terrier (tm) is December for us. We just can't seem to stop these 2-3 game slides.

vs Lakers (W 108-96)
vs Heat (W 101-82)
at Wizards (L 100-106)
vs Spurs (L 87-108)
vs Cavs (L 91-96)
vs 76ers (W 97-91)
vs Twolves (L 85-90)
vs Mavs (L 99-104)
at Grizzlies (L 97-110)
vs Bucks (W 99-78)
vs Pacers (W 111-88)
vs Blazers (W 99-84)
at Pistons (L 96-108)
at Bucks (L 89-100)
vs Nets (W 99-85)
vs Magic (W 93-91)

League Leaders of note...

Gilbert Arenas (WAS) - 29.8
Lebron James (CLE) - 29.3

Assists
Jason Kidd (NJ) - 12.1
Gilbert Arenas (WAS) - 11.7 (30 points and 12 assists per game? DAMN)
Baron Davis (GS) - 10.6
Kirk Hinrich (CHI) - 9.7
Old 02-21-2009, 03:43 PM   #5
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

End of Regular Season

So, yeah, I sped through a bit. All Star break is uneventful, though Tyrus Thomas started for the Sophomores, and Noah started for the Rooks. No Bull went to the Real Thing (tm)

I work the phones like a mofo right before the trade deadline, but to no avail. Though we're not playing exceptionally well, I like our new core, and am just looking for contracts that either expire this year, or the year after.

Alas, nobody wants Nocioni or Thabo and their ridiculous contracts. Next year, hopefully.

We finish the season with a bit of a streak, and our mark at the end of the year is 44-38, good enough for the 7th seed in the playoffs and a run against Boston. Final stats below, and if they broke the top 20 in a stat, it's noted.

Final 2007 Chicago Bulls Stats

(Points, Rebounds, Assists, Steals, Blocks, Minutes)
Kirk Hinrich - 16.9, 3.0, 9.4, 0.8, 0.2, 34.7 (5th in Assists, 13th in 3P%)
Joe Johnson - 20.3, 4.0, 3.9, 1.4, 0.3, 36.8
Josh Smith - 10.5, 4.1, 2.2, 1.1, 1.9, 29.2 (14th in Blocks)
Emeka Okafor - 12.2, 9.6, 2.4, 1.0, 2.2, 36.2 (7th in Blocks)
Tyrus Thomas - 9.4, 4.9, 1.5, 0.5, 1.0, 24.0
Andres Nocioni - 5.8, 2.0, 1.7, 0.5, 0.3, 15.2
Aaron Gray - 4.2, 4.2, 1.0, 0.1, 0.5, 14.3
Chris Duhon - 4.0, 1.0, 2.5, 0.3, 0, 10.6
Joe Smith - 3.8, 2.5, 0.6, 0.2, 0.3, 10.3

Adrian Griffon and Viktor Khryapa both averaged a whopping 4 minutes per game, so screw their stats.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:52 PM   #6
Izulde
Head Coach

I swear, I've yet to see a DDS:PB dynasty where Ben Gordon actually stays in Chicago.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:53 PM   #7
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2007 Playoffs, Round 1 - Chicago vs Boston

Game 1
---
We snatch the opening game on the road, winning a see-saw affair 96 - 91. The game featured 22 lead changes. The 4th quarter was all Chicago, outscoring Boston 22-13. Joe Johnson takes home POG honors, with 23 points and 6 assists. Noah catches a double double with 15 points and 11 boards, and Hinrich the Assist machine racks up an 11 point, 10 assist night.

Game 2
---
Boston comes right back in another close one, and we fall 95-91. Noah is just OWNING the boards, with 15 tonight. Poor shooting night for Joe Johnson, who manages only 9 points on 4-13 from the field. Into Chicago we go, break out the black shoes!

Game 3
---
A convincing win in Chicago, 107-95. Johnson is happy to be home, racking up 26 points. Despite his POG honors, I think the real player of the game is Kirk Hinrich, who racks up a quite impressive 16 points and 16 assists!

Game 4
---
Back to back wins in Chicago, another big 111-97 victory. All 5 starters are in double figures, with Hinrich getting 15 pts and 11 assists, and Tyrus Thomas, who has taken over the SF spot from Josh Smith, had 15 points and 13 boards. 3-1 Bulls, and we're off to Boston to try and close it out.

Game 5
---
Can't do it. We're mauled 124-101, off poor performances from Hinrich and Okafor (7 and 6 points respectively). Garnett lights us up for 38 points.

Game 6
---
BAM! A defensive slugfest, and we pull off the HUGE upset, winning 83-72. Johnson and Hinrich lead the way with 18 and 17, and Kirk just missed another double double with 9 assists. The #7 knocks off the #2 seed, and we're into round 2!

Round 1 MVP - Joakim Noah. Owning the boards and averaging 14.5 points and 10.5 boards will do that for a guy. Nice job, Rook!
Old 02-21-2009, 04:09 PM   #8
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2007 Playoffs, Round 2 - Chicago vs Washington

#3 seed Washington knocks off Orlando, and we head to DC.

Game 1
---
Eesh. We're massacred 76-101, with My Vote For MVP Gilbert Arenas lighting us up for 32 points and 14 assists. We shoot a sad 32% from the field to their 42%, and unless we pick it up, we're done.

Game 2
---
Well, that works. From a miserable shooting day to lights out, we knock off Washington 123-112, shooting an amazing 51% from the field. Johnson and Hinrich lead the way, with 34 points and 26, respectively. Hinrich just misses a triple double, with 14 assists and 8 boards to go along with his 26. Tied up and off to Chicago.

Game 3
---
Hinrich owns this game. 21 points and 19 assists leads the way as the Bulls win in a walk, 124-93. 2-1 Bulls!

Game 4
---
Lot closer this time around, but we make it 3-1 and hope to acheive our 2nd upset series win, as we top the Wizards 106-96. Joe Johnson racks up 24 points, and Tyrus is right behind him with 21 and 7 boards. Hinrich was apparently a little worn down from last night's 19 assist game, as he had only 5, though with 15 points.

Game 5
---
Back in Washington, they're hoping to reverse their fortunes. Chicago has other plans however, and we close out the series with a 107-94 win. Emeka Okafor, who has been mister steady the entire playoffs, comes out with a 23 point, 9 board performance, and Joe Johnson added 22.

On to the conference finals! Could just 1 season under Nielsen's regime take Chicago into the NBA Finals? Could Chicago be ready to hang another championship banner in the rafters?

Round 2 MVP - Kirk Hinrich Tasked with guarding Arenas all series, Hinrich still managed an excellent performance, and takes home our MVP for round 2.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 02-21-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:12 PM   #9
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I swear, I've yet to see a DDS:PB dynasty where Ben Gordon actually stays in Chicago.

For damn good reason.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:25 PM   #10
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2007 Conference Finals - Chicago vs Cleveland

Well, it's certainly poetic. Many years ago, a Jordan led team broke through into the finals vs Cleveland. Almost 2 decades later, can lightning strike twice? Cleveland finished the season 65-17, and swept the Nets to make it here.

Game 1
---
117-106, Lebron. Despite Tyrus Thomas exploding for 27 points, we're never really in this one, with Cleveland leading almost the whole way. Hinrich and Johnson are kept quiet with 10 and 12 points.

Game 2
---
The resiliency we've seen all year from Chicago shows, as we steal one, 113-100. Lebron still puts up 38, but Joe Johnson almost matches him with 30 of his own, and Tyrus puts up another monster set, with 16 points and 15 boards. We tie it up and head to Chicago, where the fans are absolutely going nuts.

Game 3
---
The Jordan statue outside gives everyone a not-so-subtle reminder of the sheer dominance of Chicago basketball not too long ago. We're close, and we can smell it. And so can our squad, who knock off Cleveland 106-94. An exceptionally balanced attack, with 6 Bulls in double figures. Lebron hits us for another 37, but his supporting cast can't hang, with only 1 other starter (Larry Hughes) managing double figures.

Game 4
---
We can't finish this ride, losing 110-91, thanks to a two-pronged attack by Lebron and Hughes, who hit us for 32 and 30. Tyrus has an impressive 19 point, 12 board game, but the strain of guarding Lebron James is wearing down our dynamic guard tandem of Kirk Hinrich and Joe Johnson. 15 and 13 points ain't gonna do it from those two. The series is tied back up 2-2, and we're back in Cleveland.

Game 5
---
We lose a heartbreaker 94-91. Joakim Noah, who'd been quiet, explodes for 27 points and 12 boards, and we actually keep James in check with "only" 23 points. But it's just not enough. The Bulls sit 1 game away from elimination as we had back to Chicago.

Game 6
---
But we're not going down without a fight. Joe Johnson makes sure of that, with 35 points leading his team to a 101-91 win to force game 7. Kirk throws up another 19 points, with 8 assists, and limits Lebron to only 17 points. And our season hinges on just 1 more game.

Game 7
---
I have a feeling it ain't gonna be so great when we manage a whopping 10 points in the first quarter, and only 18 in the 2nd. 28 points at halftime isn't going to win you a lot of games, especially when your opponent puts up 48. Skiles rallies the troops in the 2nd half, but we cannot overcome the 20 points 1st half debacle, and fall 107-88 to end our season and our hopes for a return to the Finals.

Regardless, taking a 41-41 mediocre squad, shaking things up, and moving them to within 1 game of the NBA Finals? Not. So. Bad.

Skiles has earned himself an extension, I'll tell you right now.

NBA Finals

Cleveland takes Phoenix to Game 7, but cannot seal the deal, as the Phoenix Suns are your 2007 NBA Champions!

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 02-21-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:36 PM   #11
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2007 Awards

MVP - LeBron James (Cleveland)
Defensive POY - Andrei Kirilenko (Utah)
ROY - Kevin Durrant (Seattle)
6th Man - Kenny Thomas (Sacramento)
Coach of the Year - Mike Brown (Cleveland) (BULLSHIT! Skiles deserved it.)

All League 1st Team
PG - Gilbert Arenas (Washington)
SG - Lebron James (Cleveland)
SF - Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas)
PF - Shawn Marion (Phoenix)
C - Chris Bosh (Toronto)

All League 2nd Team
PG - Steve Nash (Phoenix)
SG - Allen Iverson (Denver)
SF - Kevin Durant (Seattle)
PF - Elton Brand (LAC)
C - Yao Ming (Houston)

All League 3rd Team
PG - Jason Kidd (NJ)
SG - Kobe Bryant (LAL)
SF - Paul Pierce (Boston)
PF - Tim Duncan (SA)
C - Brad Miller (Sacramento)

All Defense 1st
PG - Jason Kidd (NJ)
SG - Boris Diaw (Phoenix)
SF - Andrei Kirilenko (Utah)
PF - Kevin Garnett (Boston)
C - Ben Wallace (Atlanta) (Heh - I still don't miss him.)

All Defense 2nd Team
PG - Chauncy Billups (Detroit)
SG - Kobe Bryan (LAL)
SF - Ron Artest (Sacramento)
PF - Tim Duncan (SA)
C - Marcus Camby (Denver)

All Rookie 1st
PG - Gabe Pruitt (Boston)
SG - Rudy Fernandez (Portland)
SF - Kevin Durant (Seattle)
PF - Al Horford (Atlanta) (13.1pts, 6.7rbs)
C - Greg Oden (Portland)

ALl Rookie 2nd
PG - Tauran Green (Portland)
SG - Derrick Byers (Philly)
SF - Wilson Chandler (NY)
PF - Brandan Wright (Golden State) (10.1pts, 7rbs)
C - Marc Gasol (LA)

Are you KIDDING me?!? Joakim Noah and his 10.6 points, 9.5 rebounds, plus a strong perfomance in the playoffs doesn't get him an all-rookie nod? Bullshit.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:49 PM   #12
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Entering 2008

Reinsdorf, hell, the entire city have their new golden child. With Nielsen crafting a team team to 1 game away from the Finals, he's called and congratulated by his boss, his folks, and even Mayor Daly calls him up to give him props.

I respond by signing Skiles to a 3 year extension, along with giving 2nd Assistant Jim Boylan a 3 year deal as well. Pete Meyers and Ron Adams, however, are thanked and shown the door. I'd like a more experienced 1st assistant, and hopefully a big man coach to further develop Tyrus and Noah.

We ink John Kuester, former assistant on the Cavaliers staff, as our new 1st assistant coach. Sid Lowe agrees to the final spot on our staff, as Terry Porter, our 1st choice, is nabbed by Sacramento.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #13
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2008 Draft

We hold the 18th position in the draft. Not particularly exciting, but it is a very deep crop this year. We're hoping we can nab either a SF or a guard to back up Hinrich and Johnson. The experts have us taking PF Paul Bush from Gonzaga.

The draft moves towards us, and as it turns out, the best player on the board, by far, is indeed Push. Unfortunately, we worked out this kid. A true scorer with quite possibly one of the worst personalities we've seen...yeah. Pass.

Trouble is, there's nothing past him we're remotely interested in. Time to work the phones.

Bulls Receive
2011 1st Round Pick (HOU)
2009 1st Round Pick #25 (HOU)
PG Steve Francis

Houston Receives
SG Thabo Sefolosha
SG JamesOn Curry
2009 1st Round Pick #18 (CHI)

So, to move down 7 spots in the draft, we get Houston's 2011 pick, a big talent and perfect backup guard in Steve Francis (who also has an expiring contract), and dump Thabo? Win.

We turn the #25 into Anthony Thomas, a fairly untalented SF, but a hard worker, and has some postential. If he manages to develop in the D-Leagues, he could be a steal a few years down the road. If not, no biggy. He's cheap.

We renounce Chris Duhon's 4 million dollar contract, and go into free agency with 13 players signed, at 7.6 million over the cap. We'll be hunting for someone to drop our mid-level on, and that's about it. We'll also be working the phones looking for a buyer for Nocioni, but I have little hope there.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #14
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Free Agency

We assign Tyrus Thomas, Anthony Thomas, Aaron Gray, and Joakim Noah to Summer League. Free Agency for us is going to be quiet. We attempt to throw our Midlevel on Kwame Brown, but he elects to go to Cleveland. Fuckers.

In the end, we save it, and use our low level exception to ink veteran SG Derek Anderson, and sign SF Ryan Gomes to a minisal deal. Both players are solid enough, and will deepen our bench by a considerable amount. We again work the phones to offload Nocioni's monster contract, but there are again no takers.

The good news is, we're in terrific financial shape for next year's FA crop. Hinrich, Johnson, Nocioni, Tyrus, Joakim and rookie Anthony Thomas are under contract, with everyone else's deal expiring this year. While I may bring back Okafor, everyone else and their expiring contracts should be great leverage. Either I can use them for trade bait, or go into FA with cap flexibility.

As it is, we're 10 million over the cap right now, and where we're likely to stay. A little higher than I'd like, but not bad. We cut the rather useless Victor Khryapa to free up an inactive roster slot, and head into training camp.

Chicago Bulls 2008 Opening Day Roster

PG - Kirk Hinrich
SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Tyrus Thomas
PF - Emeka Okafor
C - Joakim Noah

G/F - Josh Smith
F - Ryan Gomes
G/F - Derek Anderson
G/F - Andres Nocioni
F/C - Aaron Gray
G - Steve Francis
F/C - Joe Smith

I'm kind of surprised Francis is so low on the depth chart, frankly. But that aside, we are DEEP. I'm thinking good things here.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:50 PM   #15
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm shocked Cleveland even made it to the Finals. King James never did in my dynasty, so that's one advantage for him. And pushing the Suns to Game 7? Even better.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:24 PM   #16
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

January 1, 2008

We start light, but pick up our stride, getting to a 18-9 mark at the new year, good for a 1st place tie with Cleveland in the Central!

The news this season has been the lineup and the depth chart. Skiles has heavily experimented this season, and we're pretty sure he had a bit too much to drink over Christmas, putting in...Aaron Gray as the starting SF for 3 games. Yeah.

As it is, our lineup is now featuring Josh Smith back as the starting SF, Tyrus has shifted to his more natural PF position, Okafor has moved to C, and Noah is now our 6th man off the bench. Stevey Franchise has slid up the depth chart to 8th behind *cough* Aaron Gray, who we may have to move just to remove Skiles' mancrush.

Stats to Date
(Points, Rebounds, Assists, Minutes)
Kirk Hinrich - 15.2, 2.3, 8.0, 29.1
Joe Johnson - 16.7, 3.7, 3.9, 35.0
Tyrus Thomas - 17.3, 7.8, 2.6, 35.6
Emeka Okafor - 12.0, 9.4, 3.0, 35.2
Joakim Noah - 9.0, 7.0, 2.2, 28.7
Steve Francis - 9.6, 2.4, 3.3, 18.7
Josh Smith - 7.1, 2.4, 1.8, 16.5
Ryan Gomes - 6.3, 2.8, 1.2, 14.0
Joe Smith - 4.7, 3.9, 0.6, 13.3
Aaron Gray - 4.0, 2.6, 0.8, 12.8
Andres Nocioni - 3.5, 1.8, 1.0, 11.0
Derek Anderson - 2.5, 0.5, 0.8, 6.0

That's 11 of our 12 players getting over 10 minutes a game. And playing well. Like I said, we're a very very deep team, and it's translating into wins.

For the future, I'm thinking more and more we wait till Feburary, and turn some of these expiring contracts into a top notch player. We've got the depth to lose a couple people and handle things, what we need is another top-tier player.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:09 PM   #17
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

All Star Break

We go into the break at 36-13, still tied for 1st with Cleveland, but with the best record in the Eastern Conference. Defending champion Phoenix holds the distinction in the West (and overall), at 43-11. They're gonna be tough to top.

League Leaders

Allen Iverson - 34.8
Gilbert Arenas - 33.3
Kobe Bryant - 30.3

Assists
--
Jason Kidd - 12.4
Gilbert Arenas - 11.3
Steve Nash - 11.2
(Kirk Hinrich is 12th, at 8.9)

Rebounds
--
Yao Ming (12.5)
Marcus Camby (12.1)
Dwight Howard (11.9)
(Emeka Okafor is 7th, at 11.0)

Blocks
--
Andrei Kirilenko - 3.6 (wow)
Elton Brand - 2.9
Jermaine O'Neal (2.7)
(Tyrus Thomas is 9th, Josh Smith 11th, and Okafor 12th)

FG%
--
Channing Frye - .674
Eddy Curry - .641
Tyrus Thomas - .627

Kirk Hinrich has 2 Triple Doubles on the year, putting him in 2nd place behind Tracy McGrady's 3.

In a bit of irony, Ben Gordon makes it to the All Star game this year for the East. The Bulls, despite the best record in the conference, send no one.

The break over, we hit the phones.

And proceed to pull off the trade that's going to make or break us.

Bulls Receive
SF Paul Pierce
2010 1st Round Pick (BOS)

Boston Receives
PF Emeka Okafor
PF Joe Smith

Yeah. I'm not quite sure I believe it either. But, Pierce was extremely unhappy for some odd reason in Boston, and demanding he be traded. We were MORE than happy to pick him up. Okafor, though damned good, was deemed expendable with the development of Tyrus Thomas and (to a lesser extent) Joakim Noah.

We now have a bonafide All-Star, hopefully who can take us to the next level.

We still find no takers for Nocioni, of course. Damn major contracts. We're now, however, 15 million over the cap, but still in good shape if we can offload Nocioni's contract...sometime.

That said, we focus on the now. Our starting lineup now looks like...

PG - Kirk Hinrich
SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Tyrus Thomas
C - Joakim Noah

Don't be messing with the Bulls.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:32 PM   #18
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

End of 2008 Regular Season

After some initial pains meshing, where we drop the first 3 of 4 games after the trade, we mesh, and Pierce & Co take us to an overall record of 58 and 24. Unfortunately, we land just shy of the #1 seed, finishing 1 game back of Cleveland. We'll be taking our #2 seed in the east to Washington, who we sent packing last year, but who still have the ever-dangerous Gilbert Arenas.

Final Stats
---
Paul Pierce - 22.9pts, 6.8rbs, 5.0ast, 1.9stl, 1.4blk, 40.2min (#15 Points, #2 Steals)
Joe Johnson - 17.7pts, 3.9rbs, 3.7ast, 1.1stl, 0.3blk, 36.1min
Tyrus Thomas - 15.9pts, 8.4rbs, 2.4ast, 0.7stl, 2.0blk, 36.0min (#10 Blocks, #4 FG%)
Kirk Hinrich - 16.5pts, 3.1rbs, 8.9ast, 0.9stl, 0.2blk, 33.3min (#11 Assists, #11 3P%, #17 DblDbls, #6 TripDbls)
Joakim Noah - 9.3pts, 7.0rbs, 1.8ast, 0.4stl, 0.8blk, 26.3min
Josh Smith - 8.2pts, 3.2rbs, 2.2ast, 0.8stl, 1.8blk, 21.3min (#17 Blocks)
Steve Francis - 7.6pts, 1.6rbs, 2.6ast, 0.6stl, 0.1blk, 14.5min
Aaron Gray - 3.7pts, 3.9rbs, 0.7ast, 0.2stl, 0.5blk, 13.3min
Ryan Gomes - 4.7pts, 2.2rbs, 1.1ast, 0.4stl, 0.1blk, 12.6min
Andres Nocioni - 2.6pts, 1.4rbs, 0.7ast, 0.2stl, 0.2blk, 8.4min
Derek Anderson - 3.1pts, 0.7rbs, 0.9ast, 0.1stl, 0blk, 7.0min
Adrian Griffon - 1.3pts, 0.2rbs, 0.3ast, 0.3stl, 0blk, 3.2min
Old 02-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #19
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2008 Playoffs, Round 1 - Chicago vs Washington

We take our #2 seed to Washington, who we took down in Round 2 last season. Hopefully we'll make this two in a row.

Game 1
---
Dominant performance to open things up, as we win in a shootout 118-100. Joe Johnson leads the way with 34 points, Hinrich adds 20, and Paul Pierce takes a back seat to our formidable guards, putting up a tame 17 points.

Game 2
---
The rout continues as we finish the Chicago leg of the series, winning 112-99. Johnson has another big night with 27, Hinrich looks damned good with 18 and 13 assists, and Pierece adds another 21 to the tally. Tell you what, the the trio of Hinrich, Johnson, and Pierce looks TOUGH. And that's not even considering the emergence of Tyrus Thomas, who is looking like a future All Star. 2-0 Bulls, onto Washington.

Game 3
---
It's Hinrich's turn to dominate, with 27 points and 13 assists, as the Bulls continue to steamroll the Wizards, this time 110-97. My only concern at the moment is Tyrus Thomas has been invisible in this series. We're going to need his presence in the later rounds.

Game 4
---
We can't complete the sweep, as Washington edges us out 103-92, thanks to Gilbert Arenas going batshit crazy for 42 points and 10 assists. Johnson's 34 goes to waste, but we hope to close this one out in Chicago.

Game 5
---
The Bulls landed back home, and Captain Kirk took his team aside, and said very simply, "We ain't going back to Washington. We're done with this series, NOW."

And then he backed up his words. Leading all scorers with 33, and adding 10 assists, Hinrich leads the Bulls to a 115-86 blowout, finishing off the Wizards. Pierce adds 24, and the Bulls wind up shooting a combined 58.5% from the field, including 55% from the 3 point stripe.

The team celebrates, and we await our next opponent.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #20
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2008 Playoffs, Round 2 - Chicago vs Boston

Hooo boy. The networks are drooling at this matchup. Paul Pierce takes on his old team? The Celtics try and avenge their embarrassing round 1 knockout last year by the very same Bulls? The talking heads are going nuts here. Make no mistake though, the Celtics are still damn, damn good.

Game 1
---
Though it certainly doesn't look like it after game 1. Paul Pierce makes good on the pundits saying he's going to light up his old team, knocking down 34 to lead all scorers. Hinrich adds 18 points and 13 assists, and the Bulls win in a laugher, 102-79.

Game 2
---
The Celtics are embarrassed for the second straight game, this time losing 116-93. Joe Johnson hits 30, Pierce with 29, and Joakim Noah just owns the boards with a stellar 16 point, 16 rebound performance. Skiles warns his team about overconfidence as we head into Boston, up 2-0 on a rapidly sinking Celtics team.

Game 3
---
We fail to break 100 for the first time in the series, but still win easily, 90-78. It's all on the bigs tonight, with 21 points and 12 boards for Thomas, and 14/15 for Noah. Pierce struggles in front of his old fans, and only puts up 9 points. But a win is a win, and we go for the sweep tomorrow.

Game 4
---
Move over Boston, we're done here. A 98-91 victory for the Bulls behind Hinrich's 22 gives them a cakewalk 4-0 sweep, and the Bulls are back in the Conference Finals for the second straight year, this time looking much less like an overacheiver and much more like a serious contender. Cleveland finishes off Miami 4 games to 1, and we're set for Chicago-Cleveland, Round 2.

In the west, defending champion Phoenix is back in the conference finals, and take on the Denver Nuggets.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:03 PM   #21
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2008 Conference Finals - Chicago vs Cleveland

#1 seed vs #2 seed. Last year it was #1 vs #7, and Chicago took the Cavs to the limit. Rematch time, baby!

Game 1
---
We draw first blood in Cleveland, with a convincing 109-97 win. Paul Pierce leads the way with 27, and Tyrus erupts for 25 points and 12 rebounds. Noah comes up big on the glass as well, collecting 16 boards for himself.

Game 2
---
And we apparently got Lebron angry. Racking up 44 points, the Cavs rout us 129-96, kicking our ass all the way back to Chicago. Pierce's 36 points are spoiled, but we manage to split the series 1-1 and take away home field advantage from Boston. We're off to Chicago, and the legion of fans who are desperate for a Finals run.

Game 3
---
It ain't gonna be easy though, as Cleveland takes care of business in Chicago, winning 95-90. All 5 Bulls come in double figures, but it's just not enough to overcome Lebron and Company.

Game 4
---
Things were to get worse for the Bulls, as they drop both home games, this one 114-95. Lebron comes up with 38, and we just don't have an answer for him. Another tough loss, and we're now down 3 games to 1 and on the verge of elimination yet again.

Game 5
---
We show our resilience yet again, scraping away a 109-105 victory in Cleveland to force game 6. Lebron gets his 32, but once against a balanced attack from CHicago's starting 5 gets the job done. Hinrich and PIerce lead the way with 21 and 22, respectively. The teams board their flights and head back into Chicago, with Cleveland just wondering why this Bulls team won't die.

Game 6
---
And yet again kids, we're going to Game 7. The Bulls win in convincing fashion , 100-85. Hinrich adds 18 points and 10 assists, Pierce knocks down 21, and....fuck. Joe Johnson, whilst fighting for a rebound, comes down wrong, shattering his toe. He'll be out for the remainder of the playoffs, which could amount to 1 more game. Huge hole now for the Bulls, but with just 1 game seperating us and the finals, who knows?

Game 7
---
Joe Johnson, in a cast and on crutches, meets with the team in the visitors locker room in Cleveland. No win one for the Gipper bullshit, none of that. Just a simple statement that put the rather on-edge locker room into tears of laughter.

You bitches lose this one, I'm beating you with these here crutches. Got me?

And the team responded. Lead by Pierce's 23 and Hinrich's 18, the Bulls pull off the miracle, knocking off Cleveland 116-100, and taking Chicago back into the NBA Finals for the first time since the Jordan Era!

Pop the champagne and call the hookers, we're going to the FINALS!

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 02-21-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:25 PM   #22
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2008 NBA Finals - Chicago vs Phoenix

And who do we get? Defending champions, the Phoenix Suns.

Matchups
PG: Kirk Hinrich vs Steve Nash
SG: Josh Smith vs Boris Diaw
SF: Paul Pierce vs Andre Miller
PF: Tyrus Thomas vs Shawn Marion
C: Joakim Noah vs Amare Stoudemire

Damn, these boys are going to be tough. After chatting it over with Skiles, we're in agreement. This game will be won or lost by the big men. If Tyrus and Noah can keep Shawn Marion and Amare Stoudemire in check, we've got a shot. If they get pushed around by these two established NBA stars, well, we've had it. The loss of Joe Johnson doesn't help, but with Pierce vs an unimpressive Andre Miller, Paul Pierce should hopefully light up this final.

Game 1
---
Things start off poorly for the visiting Bulls, as they lose 105-95. Steve Nash rips into Captain Kirk for 27 points, and Marion manhandled Tyrus for 21 points and 19 rebounds. Hinrich has 27 points and 11 assists of his own, but it's just not enough to carry the team.

Game 2
---
The squad comes together in an amazingly balanced effort, and upsets Phoenix 113-102. Joakim Noah dominates the boards with 12 points and 17 rebounds, and 7 Bulls reach double figures, with Tyrus Thomas leading the team with 19. Phoenix is held to 41% shooting, behind Amare's 23 points. We're all tied up and headed to Chicago.

Game 3
---
You think the fans were rabid in the Conference Finals? They're ten times louder and more excited now. Itching to mount another banner in the rafters, and itching for that familiar intro of "Your WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO BULLS" by the announcer, the Bulls faithful are certainly into it.

Fueled by the fans, the Bulls rip into Phoenix for a 91-84 win. Paul Pierce and Kirk Hinrich steal the show, with 26 points and 24 points, respectively. Thomas hits a double double with 18/10, and the Bulls now take a 2-1 advantage in the series.

Game 4
---
The fans are relentless, and Phoenix is feeling the pressure. The Bulls are digging the spotlight, tapping into the history of dominant season past, and slaughter Phoenix 121-98 before a capacity crowd at the United Center. Pierce racks up 33, Hinrich adds another 25, and Tyrus has 17 points and 12 boards. They're going nuts in Chicago, as the Bulls take a 3-1 series lead. Just one more win, and we can hang the banner!

Game 5
---
Panic mode in Phoenix. One game away from elimination, they pull out all the stops, as the fans in Phoenix try to will their team to victory. Paul Pierce comes out red-hot, ripping into the Suns for 28 points. Hinrich adds 20 points and 11 assists. Amare Stoudemire, however, schools Joakim Noah, ripping into the youngster for 26 points and a staggering 20 rebounds. But Tyrus is right there, racking up 15 points and 14 boards of his own.

And for all of Amare's efforts, it AIN'T ENOUGH. 95-74 Bulls, and we are now once again...YOUR WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO BULLS!

Captain Kirk and Pierce are mobbed at center court, Joe Johnson damn near breaks his leg trying to celebrate on his one healthy food, and the always crazy Joakim Noah is doing cartwheels on center stage.

Nielsen awaits the team in the clubhouse, and is the first one to crack the champagne, happily spraying it across the entire place, lighting up a victory cigar and clutching that elusive NBA Championship Trophy.

BOOYAH!
Old 02-21-2009, 09:35 PM   #23
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2008 Awards

MVP - Kobe Bryant
Defensive POY - Andrei Kirilenko
ROY - Maxime Cammaerts
6th Man - Danny Forston
Coach of the Year - Mike D'Antoni. (Okay. Seriously. No Skiles?)

1st Team
---
PG - Gilbert Arenas
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Dirk Nowitzki
PF - Elton Brand
C - Yao Ming

2nd Team
--
PG - Steven Nash
SG - LeBron James
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Shawn Marion
C - Chris Bosh

3rd Team
--
PG - Dwayne Wade
SG - Allen Iverson
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Amare Stoudemire

Defense 1st Team
---
PG - Dwayne Wade
SG - Boris Diaw
SF - Andrei Kirilenko
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Ben Wallace

Defense 2nd Team
--
PG - Devin Harris
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Elton Brand
C - Marcus Camby

Rookie 1st
---
PG - Kory Butler
SG - Maxime Cammaerts
SF - Tony Baker
PF - Ike Wright
C - Dwayne Wheat

Rookie 2nd
---
PG - Devon Johnson
SG - Jeff Anderson
SF - Kalev Paulauskas
PF - James Brown
C - Gedik Halici

Notice the lack of Paul Bush in the rookie awards? I take a quick look, as I know Houston did take him with our #18 pick. Heh. Bush racked up...4.2 points, 2.7 boards, and 1.0 assists in 15 minutes per game of play. Our own Anthony Thomas, who we selected with Houston's number 25 pick, didn't fare much better, barely playing in the D-League. But, then add...we picked up Steve Francis, a key bench player, and their 2010 1st rounder. Two trades for the Bulls this season, and both massive steals.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:40 PM   #24
Izulde
Head Coach

Man, Pierce really put you guys over the top.

Nicely done.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #25
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2009 Offseason

The hangovers subside, and it's off to work. Jerry Reinsdorf, although ecstatic we won the title, was a little pissy about our free-spending ways. I mostly blow him off and tell him to stop his bitching, but we'll have to keep an eye on our cap status.

The draft moves rapidly, and with our lone pick at #27, we nab the best player available, SG Jamal Truscott. He's not much now, but he's a value pick, and hopefully will develop into a useful player down the road. We have no 2nd rounder again, so we breeze through the draft and get down to the tough part.

After renouncing all our expiring contracts, we have ... 7 players, and a hefty cap number of 7 million over. It's gonna be one heckuva lot of short-term, minisal deals for us.

So, after poking around...we sign the following players.

SG Michael Finley
SF Josh Smith
PF Nick Fazekas
PF Kurt Thomas
C Rasho Nesterovic.

I'm quite pleased Josh Smith agreed to return to Chicago, though Steve Francis decided to accept an offer back in Houston, the putz. Our crop is decent, not exceptional. I'm especially pleased with Nick Fazekas, a 2nd year undrafted player who has really blossomed and could be a total steal.

Training camp goes by, and we're pleased to report last years draft pick SF Anthony Thomas has really boomed, and will easily make the roster this year as a backup forward. Looking through our roster depth, we're weaker at the Guard position than last year, but much stronger in the Forward/Center areas.

And of course, we bring back all 5 starters from the championship run.

We send Jamal Truscott to the D-League for seasoning, and our title defence shall begin!

2009 Opening Day Lineup for your...World Champion Chicago Bulls!

PG - Kirk Hinrich
SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Tyrus Thomas
C - Joakim Noah

G/F - Josh Smith
F/C - Nick Fazekas
F/C - Kurt Thomas
F/C - Rasho Nesterovic
F - Anthony Thomas
G/F - Andres Nocioni
G/F - Michael Finley

As seems to be the trend, we still find exactly 0 takers for Nocioni, and I'm doing everything short of literally giving him away (which I doubt would even work) to axe him and that ridiculous contract I'm stuck with.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:13 PM   #26
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2009 Interlude - Where Are They Now

A look back at the 2007 players we've traded away / lost to free agency.

Ben Gordon
--
Traded to Charlotte in 2007, currently averaging 19.6 points per game, having signed a monstrous 70 million, 6 year deal in the offseason.

Luol Deng
--
Traded to Atlanta in 2007, averaging 15 points and 5 rebounds there, signing a 6 year, 60 million deal this offseason.

Ben Wallace
--
In the final year of his mega-deal, still with Atlanta as starting Center, averaging 7 points and 9 rebounds.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:14 PM   #27
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Man, Pierce really put you guys over the top.

Nicely done.

I don't know WHAT happened in Boston. The owner must have screwed all the player's wives or something, because almost every player there was wanting out. And they were a winning team. Don't get it.

But I'll happily capitalize on their misery.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #28
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2009 All Star Break

We're cruising in the East, leading with a record of 39-10, tops in all of the NBA. Our old foe Cleveland is 6 games back in the Central, but Boston is right there with is for the #1 seed, at 35-18. Damn pity, as we have both their #1 pick this year, as well as Houston's, who is atop the Western Conference at 37-16. We're going to try and trade some of our stockpile of 1st rounders this season (we have our pick as well) for a potentially higher pick.

About 2 months into the season, Skiles gets his customary bug up his ass, moving Joe Johnson into the 6th man role, pushing swingman Josh Smith into the starting SG role. I can't complain, as we're obviously dominating, but I worry that's going to upset our big guard. Thomas has developed into superstar-level talent, growing better than his potential even had listed, and we now have 2 players on the team (Pierce and Thomas) who are at 5 star levels. Better yet, our boy Tyrus Thomas is only 23.

Statistics
--
Paul Pierce - 20.1pts, 5.8rbs, 5.3ast, 1.8stl, 1.2blk, 38.4min (5th Stls, 2nd TripDbls)
Tyrus Thomas - 19.4pts, 9.3rbs, 2.4ast, 0.5stl, 2.5blk, 37.8min (4th Blks, 3rd FG%)
Kirk Hinrich - 16.8pts, 2.9rbs, 9.5ast, 1.0stl, 0.3blk, 35.1min (9th APG, 16th 3P%, 12th Dbl-Dbls, 2nd TripDbls)
Joakim Noah - 12.6pts, 10.4rbs, 2.4ast, 0.5stl, 1.4blk, 34.8min (12th RPG, 14 FG%, 19th Dbl-Dbls)
Josh Smith - 12.1pts, 3.9rbs, 3.3ast, 1.3stl, 2.8blk, 30.6min (2nd Blks)
Joe Johnson - 12.7pts, 3.1rbs, 3.3ast, 0.8stl, 0.2blk, 23.4min (12th 3P%)
Nick Fazekas - 5.4pts, 5.1rbs, 1.2ast, 0.4stl, 0.8blk, 18.6min
Andres Nocioni - 3.9pts, 1.9rbs, 1.2ast, 0.4stl, 0.6blk, 13.7min
Rasho Nesterovic - 1.5pts, 1.6rbs, 0.2ast, 0.1stl, 0.1blk, 4.9min
Kurt Thomas - 1.6pts, 0.9rbs, 0.3ast, 0stl, 0blk, 4.3min
Michael Finley - 1.9pts, 0.3rbs, 0.7ast, 0.2stl, 0blk, 4.1min
Anthony Thomas - 2.8pts, 0.5rbs, 0.2ast, 0stl, 0blk, 2.8min

Paul Pierce is snubbed for the All Star game, but Tyrus Thomas is sent as a starter to represent the East! Hopefully the first in a long string for the kid. His contract expires in 2 years, and he's going to cost a pretty penny to re-up.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:00 AM   #29
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

The trade deadline hits, and as is our tradition, we try and give Nocioni away.

Nope.

But the big news is not who we got, but who's looking to move. Both Kobe Bryant and Lebron James are fed up with their respective teams, and are on the block, demanding trades!

We toy around with the idea of nabbing one of the stars, but nothing works without demolishing our team unity.

Somewhat unsurprisingly, the deadling passes without either of the big names moving. Tyrus Thomas, however, cashes in, as we ink the budding superstar to a 4 year extension worth 55 million.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:16 AM   #30
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2009 End of Regular Season

A little bit of struggling down the stretch worries me, but we pull together and manage a 64-18 record, best in the NBA. We're practically unbeatable at home, with an impressive 37-4 record at the United Center. With the #1 seed in the playoffs guaranteeing us home court advantage, things are looking good for the defending champions.

Paul Pierce - 21.4pts, 5.8rbs, 5.2ast, 1.7stl, 1.2blk, 38.8min (20th PPG, 5th Stls)
Tyrus Thomas - 18.0pts, 9.6rbs, 2.4ast, 0.6stl, 2.2blk, 37.6min (19th RPG, 9th Blks, 5th FG%, 18th DblDlbs)
Joakim Noah - 12.9pts, 10.6rbs, 2.6ast, 0.6stl, 1.3blk, 34.4min (11th RPG, 15 FG%, 13th DblDlbs)
Kirk Hinrich - 16.2pts, 3.0rbs, 9.3ast, 1.0stl, 0.3blk, 34.4min (9th APG, 13th 3P%, 4th DblDbls)
Josh Smith - 13.2pts, 4.0rbs, 3.4ast, 1.5stl, 2.8blk, 32.4min (2nd Blks, 12th Stls)
Joe Johnson - 11.6pts, 2.6rbs, 3.1ast, 0.7stl, 0.2blk, 21.4min
Nick Fazekas - 5.3pts, 5.1rbs, 1.1ast, 0.4stl, 0.8blk, 19.1min
Andres Nocioni - 4.3pts, 2.0rbs, 1.2ast, 0.5stl, 0.6blk, 14.4min
Rasho Nesterovic - 1.1pts, 1.3rbs, 0.2ast, 0.1stl, 0.1blk, 4.2min
Kurt Thomas - 1.5pts, 0.6rbs, 0.2ast, 0stl, 0blk, 3.7min
Michael Finley - 1.7pts, 0.2rbs, 0.6ast, 0.1stl, 0blk, 3.5min
Anthony Thomas - 1.0pts, 0.5rbs, 0.3ast, 0stl, 0blk, 3.0min

Bulls Team Totals
---
Assists: 29.0 (5th)
Rebounds: 44.1 (3rd)
Blocks: 9.5 (1st by almost a full block - Suns in 2nd at 8.7)
Steals: 7.0 (19th)
FG%: .484 (11th)
3P%: .387 (10th)
FT%: .810 (4th)
TO: 13.8 (9th)

Bulls Totals - Opponents
---
Points: 93.6 (1st, again by a ton - Rockets in 2nd at 97.4)
Assists: 25.5 (3rd)
Rebounds: 40.4 (6th)
Blocks: 5.4 (14th)
Steals: 7.3 (15th)
FG%: .433 (1st)
3P%: .342 (3rd)

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 02-22-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:33 AM   #31
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2009 Playoffs Round 1 - Chicago vs Indiana

Indiana squeaks into the #8 slot with a *cough* stellar 35-47 record. As a matter of fact, with very few exceptions, the East is just sad. There are only five teams with a winning record: Chicago, Boston, Cleveland, Detroit, and Miami. Wow.

Game 1
---
In a laugher, we come out and just dominate the Pacers 93-65. It was over before it began, with Indiana scoring a whopping 9 in the first quarter. Tyrus Thomas proves he's worth his new contract, with 23 points and 16 rebounds. Pierce puts in 23, and we start off as we should.

Game 2
---
Things weren't going to improve for the Pacers in game 2. A 108-68 massacre sends Indiana back home with a huge deficit, and zero morale. Pierce leads the way with 26, and Tyrus adds 21 and 11 boards. The Bulls are rolling, and we head to Indiana hoping for the sweep.

Game 3
---
A little better showing for Indiana, but the same end result. The Bulls pull away for a 104-87 victory, led once again by Pierce's 28 points. Hinrich comes alive this time, adding 20 points and 13 assists. 3-0 Bulls, and we hope to head home to Chicago with the series locked up.

Game 4
---
Game Set Match. Indiana just can't hang with the might of Chicago, and drops 4 straight, losing this time 97-83. Joe Johnson, starting in place of the slightly banged up Josh Smith, proves he's still got it, adding 23 points and 9 boards. Pierce has 20, and Joakim Noah gets the double with 16 points and 15 boards.

We fly home content that business is taken care of, and look on to see our next opponent.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:42 AM   #32
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2009 Playoffs, Round 2 - Chicago vs Detroit

#5 seed Detroit edges Miami to meet with the seemingly unstoppable Bulls. They should prove a better challenge than Indiana, finishing the regular season with a respectable 46 wins.

Game 1
---
Definiately a better matchup here, but we pull out the win at home 100-91. Pierce takes Tayshaun Prince to school, lighting him up for 33 points. Tyrus has another huge game, with 22 points and 16 boards, and Hinrich moves the ball well for 11 assists. Good start.

Game 2
---
We come out swinging in Game 2, and slaughter Detroit 102-70. Pierce just misses a triple double, with 29 points, 7 assists, and 11 rebounds. Joakim Noah comes on strong with 16 and 15 boards, and we cruise through the first two games, heading into Detroit.

Game 3
---
Detroit shows they aren't going down like Indiana did, as they win fairly convincingly 118-100, giving us our first playoff loss. Pierce has an off game with only 12 points, and not even Joe Johnson's 26 bench points can offset Detroit's all around team effort. Bulls lead 2-1.

Game 4
---
Well, time for a fight. A little bit of concern sets in as Detroit evens up the series 2-2, winning this one 99-87. The Bulls shoot only 39% from the field, and were never really in this one. Tayshaun Prince leads Detroit with 26 points, and we head back to Chicago needing a win in the worst way.

Game 5
---
It ain't easy, but we get the job done. We eke out a 106-102 win, thanks to Pierce's 28 points and 13 boards. Josh Smith and Joe Johnson keep us in it, adding 21 and 15, respectively. Our other starters are definiately struggling against this Detroit squad, and we need to put them away right now.

Game 6
---
A collective sigh of relief rings out in Chicagoland, as we clinch our Conference Finals ticket with a 101-89 victory in Detroit. Six Bulls score in double figures, with Pierce's 21 and Hinrich's 17 leading the way. Whew. We escape a quite tough Detroit team, and move on to face....yep, you guessed it. Cleveland - Chicago, Part 3.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:51 AM   #33
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2009 Conference Finals - Chicago vs Cleveland

There's definiately no love lost between these two teams. Since Nielsen took over, it's been these two scrapping it out, fighting every game, and generally making each other's basketball lives miserable. We look for no different this time, and need to put this one away fast.

Game 1
---
We come out huge, rolling in a 110-76 romp over our rivals. Josh Smith lights em up for 27 points, and Pierce is right behind him with 26 of his own. The disgruntled Lebron is held to only 19 points, and Captain Kirk comes alive with 14 points and 12 assists.

Game 2
---
Welp, you can't keep Lebron at 19 the whole series. He busts out in the 2nd game, tagging us for 44 points off a 16 for 27 shooting night. But, as Jordan himself found it, you need a supporting cast. We take the win 112-104, with Thomas adding 26 points and 13 boards, and Pierce with 21 of his own. Hinrich and Smith add another 16 apiece, and we prove that an all around team can overcome the single superstar.

...of course, it doesn't hurt when you have 2 legitimate superstars of your own in Pierce and Thomas. 2-0 Bulls, we head to Cleveland.

Game 3
---
And home court proves to be too much for the Bulls, dropping this one 96-89. LeBron goes nuts again for 42 points and 10 assists, and the Bulls in general have a miserable night, shooting only 35%. The only bright spot is Noah's 19 points and 14 boards, but aside from that, this is a game we need to forget.

Game 4
---
We respond beautifully in game 4, pulling out a 101-94 victory, and once again find ourselves 1 game away from the Finals. PIerce and Smith tack on 23 and 20, and not even LeBron's 33 can stop the Bulls from going up 3-1. We head back to Chicago needing just 1 more win.

Game 5
---
It's all Pierce and Hinrich tonight, with Pierce adding 24 points, and Hinrich adding 26 w/ 11 assists. The pair overcome LeBron's 30 points, and The Bulls head to the NBA Finals to defend their title!. 114-107 Bulls, and we look to start the dynasty all over again!
Old 02-22-2009, 11:12 AM   #34
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2009 NBA Finals - Chicago vs Houston

They're already making room for championship banner #8 in Chicago, and the 2nd straight under Nielsen's regime. But it's going to be a tough test vs Western Conference best Houston.

Matchups
---
PG - Kirk Hinrich vs Mike James
SG - Josh Smith vs Tracy McGrady
SF - Paul Pierce vs Stephane Lasme
PF - Tyrus Thomas vs Rasheed Wallace
C - Joakim Noah vs Yao Ming

Whereas last year it was all about the big men, we're looking at the smalls this year. Hinrich and Pierce have a definite advantage, and Rasheed Wallace has lost a step or two, but Josh Smith/Joe Johnson vs Tracy McGrady scares the hell out of me. On the plus side, they've certainly had their fill of guarding LeBron, and we survived that, so cross your fingers and get ready for war.

Game 1
---
Our tend of starting strong continues. 105-79 is your final, with Pierce leading the charge with 33 points and 10 boards. Hinrich and Tyrus do exactly what needs to be done against their weaker opponents, with Hinrich adding 16 points/14 assists, and Tyrus gets 22 points and 11 boards. Great start to the series for Chicago. Mcgrady is held to only 11 points, and our tandem of Josh Smith and Joe Johnson do a terrific job keeping him in check

Game 2
---
We make home court mean something, winning back to backs 117-97, thanks to Pierce's 27 and Hinrich's 28. Tyrus is right there with them, adding 25 of his own, and our starting are just manhandling Houston's squad. McGrady is once again kept in check, getting 18 points. Ming has a good night, with 16 points and 15 boards, but the rest of Houston's squad just can't cope with this Bulls team. 2-0 Bulls, we're off to Houston.

Game 3
---
Tough crowd, long trip, and poor shooting doom the Bulls, as Joakim Noah's stellar 19 point, 22 rebound night is ruined by Mike James's 26 point romp, leading the Rockets over the Bulls 93-85. Houston claws a game back, and the series stands at 2-1.

Game 4
---
But Joe Johnson has had enough of this shit. Torching the Rockets for 36 points, he and Hinrich put on a clinic, Captain Kirk netting us 26 and 12 assists, en route to a 106-96 victory. The Bulls look strong, and need just 1 more.

Game 5
---
The final game in Houston however, is not going to be the clincher. Houston jumps all over the Bulls, with all 5 starters scoring in double figures in their 105-88 romp. Tyrus's 26 poitns and 13 boards are wasted, and Houston brings it back to 3-2. The good news? We're headed to Chicago, needing just 1 more win.

Game 6
---
The lights go out, the pyros flash, the banners are lit. The Bulls announcer introduces Your Defending Champion Chicago Bulls, and starters Hinrich, Thomas, Pierce, Johnson, and Noah rush out, fired up by 20,000 deafening fans.

And we're off. Tyrus Thomas has another massive game, with 28 points and 10 boards, Pierce and Hinrich team up for 21 and 20. Yao Ming muscles Joakim Noah all night, lighting up Noah for 23 and 16 boards, but McGrady just can't get his shot this series, with only 13 points.

Final Score -102 - 80, BULLS WIN! BACK TO BACK BABY!

We pull off the repeat in front of our home fans, who are just going absolutely nuts. Nobody leaves the arena, and the team is dumping champagne over themselves, the court, the fans, the announcers, hell, even the refs get drenched. Nielsen himself is presented with his second trophy, who he promptly hands to Finals MVP Tyrus Thomas. Lighting up the victory cigar once more, the Chicago Dynasty Part Deux is upon us.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:09 PM   #35
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2009 Awards

MVP - LeBron James
Defensive POY - Andrei Kirilenko (that's 3 in a row for him)
ROY - Michael Sheer
6th Man - Hilton Armstrong
Coach - Mike Brown (again...wtf does Skiles have to do to win this?)

1st Team
---
PG Steve Nash
SG LeBron James
SF Dirk Nowitzski
PF Kevin Garnett
C Spencer Hawes

2nd Team
---
PG Dwayne Wade
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Kevin Durrant
PF Tyrus Thomas
C Greg Oden

3rd Team
---
PG Chauncey Billups
SG Allen Iverson
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Shawn Marion
C Yao Ming

Defense 1st
---
PG Dwayne Wade
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Andrei Kirilenko
PF Tim Duncan
C Amare Stoudemire

Defense 2nd
---
PG Jason Kidd
SG Tracy McGrady
SF Josh Smith
PF Emeka Okafor
C Greg Oden

Rookie 1st
---
PG Michael Scheer
SG Ramond Casper
SF JT Elleby
PF Christ Elloie
C Marcus Gregory

Rookie 2nd
---
PG Trey Robinson
SG Juan Cabello
SF Nate Timmons
PF Scot Ashburn
C Matt Bonner

Scott Skiles is again snubbed, but Tyrus manages to get the Bulls on the All League team, and Josh Smith's amazing shotblocking skills gives him the nod on the defensive team.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:11 PM   #36
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Editor's Note: So, I tell Reinsdorf that we were championship material, and it'd cost 10-15 over the cap. He was iffy on the cap number, but whatever.

End of season call, I tell him I think I did an excellent job. He says I failed to put the team out that I said I would, and why I should keep my job. WTF?
Old 02-22-2009, 12:28 PM   #37
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2010 Draft

Our interviews complete, we watch the board through the first 10, and we see Quyn Jackson, a Center who worked out very well with us, continue his free fall. With our 3 late round picks, we hit the phones.

Bulls Receive
#16 overall pick

Wizards Receive
#24 overall pick
#30 overall pick

Much to our luck, Jackson falls to #16, and we snap him up. Our #28 turns into PG Kelly Lewis, who is completely a crapshot pick, and will likely see only the D-League. Our 2nd Rounder is C Jason Gibbs, another crapshoot D-Leaguer. Immediately post-draft however, our new C Jackson looks exceptionally good for a mid-round rookie.

We renounce our rights to all of our FA's, including Joe Jackson, immediately clearing off 23 million from the books. We'll try and resign him, but he might just be too pricey to keep.

Amazingly, we have 3.4 million in FREE cap space, with 10 players inked. We may be able to snag someone halfway decent this season in free agency. Josh Smith has provided a solid player at the 2 guard, but we can certainly look for an upgrade there, or at C, where Noah is solid, but not spectacular.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #38
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2010 Free Agency

The big names of course, are beyond us, but we go to work with some room to play with. The results I am entirely pleased with.

The big name is SG Richard Hamilton, who inks a modest 2 year, 3.2 million dollar contract to come to Chicago. Still with a few years left in him at 32, he provides a solid, and massively cheaper replacement to Joe Johnson, who we simply could not afford to bring back.

Coming over to back up Joakim Noah is longtime Cleveland Cavalier Zydrunas Ilgauskus, who signs a 1 year minisal deal with us. Ilgauskus still has some left in the tank, and should be able to tutor rookie center Quyn Jackson.

2 more signings, one of which was former Sixer Rodney Carney, a pretty solid SF who can play both guard positions, and will be a quality, adaptable bench player for us. The second is another SF, Tony Baker, the 4th overall pick in the 2008 draft. He fell out of favor in Charlotte, but still has the potential for the Bulls to invest a minisal deal with him and see if he can develop.

And FINALLY.

Bulls Receive
PF Chris Webber

Grizzlies Receive
SF Andres Nocioni

HE'S GONE! Contract Albatross Andres Nocioni, who STILL have 3 years on his deal, is finally taken off our hands by the Grizz, and we receive veteran big man Chris Weber, who has a lovely 6 million dollar, 1 year deal.

And thusly, your 2010 World Champion Chicago Bulls...

PG Kirk Hinrich
SG Josh Smith
SF Paul Pierce
PF Tyrus Thomas
C Joakim Noah

F/C Nick Fazekas
G Richard Hamilton
G/F Rodney Carney
F/C Zydrunas Ilgauskus
F/C Quyn Jackson
F/C Chris Weber
G/F Tony Baker

We're once again very, very deep. Josh Smith and Richard Hamilton will be the tandem pair at SG, though Skiles has Smith starting for the moment. Somehow I bet those two will be back and forth all season.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #39
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

December 31st, 2010

Quick update as we breeze through things. As expected, we're rolling in the East, out to a stellar 22-5 record. Boston is right there with us battling for the #1 seed, at 23-6. Hated Cleveland is showing signs of cracking, and they sit at 17-12.

Bulls Team Stats
---
Assists: 28.1 (10th)
Rebounds: 44.0 (5th)
Blocks: 10.0 (1st by 2.7 more than #2 Portland at 8.3)
Steals: 7.0 (22nd)
TO's: 13.7 (8th)
FG%: .468 (26th - worrisome)
3P%: .355 (17th)

Opponents
---
Assists: 25.5 (5th)
Rebounds: 41.1 (11th)
Blocks: 5.6 (15th)
Steals: 7.0 (12th)
TO's: 14.1 (22nd)
FG%: .440 (2nd)
3P%: .326 (3rd)
Old 02-22-2009, 04:19 PM   #40
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2010 All Star Break

Hmm. I'm torn between panic and just knowing we're a good playoff team. At 37-12, we're certainly in fair shape. But here's the problem:

Boston: 44-9
Cleveland: 34-17
Houston: 37-16
Denver: 45-8
Phoenix: 37-17

That's a lot of teams we're mired in with, and we're not playing with nearly the same amount of dominance we had been, despite our more than adequate record. I may or may not shake things up, but we'll see.

On the All Star front, Paul Pierce is our lone representative to the big game (Tyrus got snubbed, methinks), and rookie Quyn Jackson heads to the Rook-Soph matchup.

And we definately, utterly shake things up.

Bulls Receive
2011 1st Round Pick (LAL)
SG Kobe Bryant

Lakers Receive
SF Paul Pierce

Our new guard needs no introduction. With Pierce's contract expiring, and him not getting any younger, we snap up the unhappy Bryant and his equally expiring contract, along with LA's 1st round choice.

Josh Smith can now move over to his more natural SF position, and we insert an MVP candidate into our lineup.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #41
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

The Bryant trade sends shockwaves throughout the NBA, and we finish the regular season behind his 27 points per game, finishing 65-17. Unfortunately, it's only good enough for the 2nd seed, as Boston finishes an amazing 69-13. They're gonna be tough.

Kobe Bryant - 27.6pts, 4.6rbs, 6.8ast, 1.6stl, 0.8blk, 39.9min (4th PPG, 12th Stls, 15th 3P%)
Tyrus Thomas - 18.1pts, 9.5rbs, 2.3ast, 0.6stl, 2.2blk, 38.3min (16th RPG, 10th Blks, 14th FG%)
Joakim Noah - 12.3pts, 9.8rbs, 3.2ast, 0.7stl, 1.3blk, 34.9min (15th RPG, 17th FG%)
Kirk Hinrich - 16.5pts, 2.4rbs, 8.7ast, 1.3stl, 0.1blk, 34.1min (12th APG, 18th 3P%)
Josh Smith - 12.3pts, 4.5rbs, 3.5ast, 1.3stl, 2.9blk, 33.4min (3rd Blks)
Richard Hamilton - 11.0pts, 2.5rbs, 3.0ast, 0.6stl, 0.1blk, 20.7min
Nick Fazekas - 6.0pts, 4.7rbs, 1.2ast, 0.4stl, 1.0blk, 19.5min
Zydrunas Ilgauskus - 4.0pts, 2.9rbs, 0.5ast, 0.4stl, 0.5blk, 11.4min
Rodney Carney - 3.0pts, 1.5rbs, 0.9ast, 0.3stl, 0.4blk, 10.1min
Quyn Jackson - 2.2pts, 1.9rbs, 0.5ast, 0.1stl, 0.6blk, 8.2min
Chris Webber - 2.5pts, 2.0rbs, 0.6ast, 0.1stl, 0.2blk, 8.0min
Tony Baker - 0.9pts, 0.4rbs, 0.2ast, 0stl, 0blk, 3.3min

As we head into the 1st round of the playoffs, some excellent news for the future. The Lakers folded down the stretch, and that 1st rounder they sent us? Lottery. Nice.

God knows if I'll be able to re-sign Kobe, but I'm sure as hell gonna try.

Round 1 vs Philly coming up.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 02-22-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:40 PM   #42
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2010 Playoffs, Round 1

Philly comes into down, a dangerous team whose record doesn't match up to their talent. They have #1 overall pick from 2008 Kory Butler, who is just a freakin' beast.

Game 1
---
The Bulls lose the opener for the first time in a very long time, falling 108-92 at home to Philly. Butler knocks down 32 against us, spoiling a fine night by Tyrus, who knocks in 28. Kobe is quiet with only 17 points. Fuck.

Game 2
---
We bounce back though, salvaging a series split 118-104. Kobe hits for 29, and all 5 starters are in double figures. 60% shooting for the team is a number I'm loving, but we now head on the road versus a very dangerous team.

Game 3
---
This one is a nailbiter until the 4th, where we dominate 38-29, and seal a 114-105 victory. Kobe adds a stellar 35, but it's Tyrus Thomas who steals the show, adding 23 points and 18 rebounds, dominating the interior. We're up 2 games to 1, and need to finish this out soon.

Game 4
---
The wind goes out of Philly's sails, as they are manhandled 100-79 in front of their own fans. Held to 37% shooting, 33 points by Kobe, 24/13 by Tyrus, and 16/13 by Hinrich gets the job done. We head back home up 3-1 and in high spirits, recovering nicely from that unpleasant game 1 loss.

Game 5
---
Sonofabitch. These guys don't quiet, and Kory Butler lights us up again for 37 points. Richard Hamilton comes off the bench for 23, Kobe gets his 27, but two home losses in the opening round does not a happy camper Rob make. The mood is very somber on the plane trip back to Philly, and we do NOT want a game 7.

Game 6
---
The team responds with a 48 point 4th quarter after a see-saw affair, and we escape with a 123-110 win to advance. Kobe has 32, Tyrus adds another 20 + 16 boards, and Captain Kirk's 23 points and 9 assists seals the deal. We escape the first round with way more effort than it shoulda taken. Our next round? Cleveland or the Nets, who have a Game 7 upcoming.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:51 PM   #43
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2010 Playoffs, Round 2 - Chicago vs Cleveland

Well, it's one round earlier than usual, but this wouldn't be an Eastern Conference Playoffs without the good old Chicago-Cleveland matchup, would it?

Cleveland is smelling blood after 2 years of pounding by the Bulls. Can the Bulls pick it up and make it 3 years in a row of topping the Cavs?

Game 1
---
All signs point well, as the Bulls come out to a 99-80 win. The LeBron - Kobe matchup is won handily by Kobe, who lights up James for 38. LeBron has 22 to lead his team, but it's not enough, especally with Tyrus Thomas continuing his playoff dominance with 23 points and 16 boards.

Game 2
---
Round 2 of Kobe - LeBron. King James wins the battle, but loses the war, as the Bulls go up 2-0, winning 115-94. LeBron has 38 to top Kobe's 21, but Tyrus, Josh Smith, and Joakim Noah go 26, 15, and 20, respectively. We might not be able to always stop James, but the Bulls just have a ton of weapons. Off to Cleveland we go.

Game 3
---
If the Cavs thought being back home would help, they'd be sorely mistaken. The Bulls slaughter them in front of the Cleveland faithful 111-85. Kobe adds 24, Josh Smith 22, and Tyrus drills in 17. 3-0 Bulls, and the team is showing the signs of dominance that they had from last year.

Game 4
---
Cleveland does manage to avoid the sweep, taking the victory 108-92 behind LeBron's 42 points. Noone on the Bulls eclipsed 20 points, with Tyrus leading the team with 17 points. Kobe and Richard Hamilton both had miserable nights from the field, shooting 4-13 apiece. 3-1 Bulls, back to CHicago.

Game 5
---
Hoooo boy. 53 points. By LeBron. In Chicago. Ow. We let Cleveland right back in this, dropping a close one 115-109. I think we might wanna try guarding that guy now, please. We head back to Cleveland in the same position we were in vs Detroit, needing 1 more and not wanting to go to 7 games.

Game 6
---
And just like before, the team responds behind Kobe's 26 and Richard Hamilton's 20, sealing the deal 101-85, and sending CHicago to their 4th straight Conference Finals.

TAKE THAT CLEVELAND BITCHES!

...Sorry.

Not surprisingly, we take on the #1 seed Boston, who polished off Detroit 4-2 to meet the Bulls. With the up and down way we've been playing this post-season, I'm utterly not sure what to expect.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:03 PM   #44
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2010 Conference Finals, Chicago vs Boston

No more Paul Pierce to make this the network's dream matchup, but this is a battle of Eastern Conference titans. We lack home court advantage for the first time in a long time, and open up in Boston.

Game 1
---
Who needs home court? 123-93 is your final, as the Bulls roll over Boston. Kobe adds 26, Hamilton 21 off the bench, and Tyrus has 22 as the Celtics are just stunned. Game 2 is going to be a real test whether the Celtics are a true contender, or a paper tiger.

Game 2
---
Huge game, loud fans, tough loss 115-122. Garnett takes us for 26, matching Hinrich's 26 and 10 assists. Kobe adds 28, but it's just not enough as they edge us to square the series at 1. But the good news is, we're headed away from this land of Chowder and Patriots, and into the land of Sausage and Superfans.

Game 3
---
Deep Dish Pizza wins over Boston Beans, 110-100. Tyrus notches up 28 over Garnett, who doesn't have a shabby game himself, netting 30. Kobe's 25 and Kirk's 15 assists, however, prove the differnce in this game, as we come out to a 2-1 lead. But there's no room for error here, and we badly want game 4 to get a good advantage.

Game 4
---
And we get it, knocking off Boston 121-103 to take a 3-1 lead in the series. Kobe adds 30, Thomas has 22 and 14 boards, and Cap'n Kirk adds 15 points and 10 assists, for a great all around game. Bench favorite Richard Hamilton even adds 14, and I tell you what, he's been a monster off the bench in t he playoffs. Great signing.

Game 5
---
We can't close it out in Boston, though, and the Celtics take it to 3-2 in a miserable night shooting for both teams. 88-78 is your final, with the Bulls shooting a horrific 30%, and the CEltics not much better at 39%. Tyrus fails to hit double digits for the first time in the playoffs, and everyone in general just had a horrid night.

Game 6
---
We land at O'Hare, ready for the much friendlier confines of the United Center, for a critical game 6. And as if on cue, Kobe channels his hero Jordan, torching the Celtics for 36 points. Hinrich dumps in 26 with 10 assists, and the Bulls take it 111-100, and we're back in the Finals for a shot at the 3-peat!

Our challenger this time? #5 seed San Antonio, who upset New Orleans and amazingly #1 seed Denver to get here. Can Tim Duncan and Company spoil the Bulls attempt at a 3-peat of 3-peats?
Old 02-22-2009, 07:26 PM   #45
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2010 NBA Finals - Chicago vs San Antonio

Matchups
---
PG - Kirk Hinrich vs Tony Parker
SG - Kobe Bryant vs Manu Ginobli
SF - Josh Smith vs Hedo Turkoglu
PF - Tyrus Thomas vs Tim Duncan
C - Joakim Noah vs Cedric Simmons

On paper, this should be a massacre. Tyrus nullifies the only real threat the Spurs have in Tim Duncan, and the rest of the team is a group of overacheiving scrappers, reminiscient of the Bulls pre-Nielsen.

On paper. Real life has a way of altering things, and knocking off Denver 4-2 proves San Antonio can hang.

Game 1
---
Things start off well for the 2-time defending champs, as Kobe Bryant leads the way with 34 en route to a 108-85 blowout victory. Tyrus pulls off a very impressive 20 point, 19 boards night, and Cap'n Kirk adds 21 of his own. So far, so good.

Game 2
---
Kobe Bryant has 33 in an embarrassing blowout, as the Bulls cruise 126-86. 7 Bulls hit double figures as the starters get some nice rest. Tyrus absolutely shuts down Duncan, who managed only 2 points and 4 boards on the night. 2-0 Bulls, and we're looking good.

Game 3
---
Break out the brooms, kids. Fueled by Hinrich's 24 points, and Josh Smith's 22, the Bulls take it to 3-0 in this 109-99 romp over the rapidly sinking Spurs. It's becoming clear that this San Antonio team is simply overmatched, and Coach Skiles is cautioning the team against overconfidence. As nice as it would be to put the stamp on this 3rd straight title in Chicago, a 4 game sweep to clinch would be just peachy.

Game 4
---
Joakim Noah explodes for 19 points and 15 boards, and the bench provides an impressive 43 points. Tony Parker, refusing to quit, lights up the Bulls for 38, but Duncan is held to just 10 points, giving Chicago the 3-peat in this 107-104 thriller!

BULLS WIN! BULLS WIN! 3-PEAT OF THE 3-PEATS!

Take THAT, NBA!
Old 02-22-2009, 07:33 PM   #46
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Editor's Note Again: Yeah, this just makes NO sense.

Last year to owner: I think we will make a championship run, and 10-15 million over the cap.

He says great about the performance, and says not so much on the money. We finish the year only 3 million over the cap, well within limits.

How did I feel about my performance? I saved and reloaded twice thus far, first saying "awesome", second saying "pleased". Both times he praised me for keeping withing the money limits, but saying I didn't perform to the level I said. This is two years in a row he's said that, and threatened to fire me BASED ON TEAM PERFORMANCE both times.

The fuck? Precisely what level is better than championship?