Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #451
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Hoops

okay choice, although he's partially cleared already....but confirming it is indeed icing when you are talking about hoops. I almost went for quiet people (zinto, packer, etc)
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #452
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I would agree with this, as the potential metagame target. Although I'll say it's a good thing CF is scanning me, because I still can't believe you guys would think that as a wolf I would make that mistake. That mistake I can make only as a villager speaking every truth.

And obviously I had my initial reaction, but your reasoning is plausible. I was surprised at first about the lack of a PM and sometimes people do misspeak. It's good we will find out and make that post of yours basically meaningless.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #453
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I brought out the point that he commented on, but I thought he scanned someone and was curious to see if he did.

I had thought about the PM earlier, but wasn't sure if it was a breach or not so I decided to not run with it as it was one of those that is in th gray area and not part of the game

Yeah, Bug asked about me saying I knew something others didn't about JAG. He thought I was suggesting a night ability. I was only saying that I know I am a villager, and JAG's coming after me fairly hard, that in my mind, if no one else's, is a mark against him. My problem is that in responding to him I revealed I learned my allegiance from PMing with Abe, not from reading the thread like everyone else (apparently).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #454
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
*sniff* bye Thom. Will miss you. Now you're just a walking vegetable that ...hey! you can carry our luggage!

*pees on Crimson Fox's luggage* there how's that for roleplaying?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #455
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Or Mauboy was right and you are in his corner...

what corner? I'm not going to any corner... :P
Old 05-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #456
MrBug708
Head Coach

I would assume that I am in likely danger of being eaten/killed/whatever due to being likely twomore bad guys (if not three more) and only having potentially one dead right now and Chief likely (though not qiute confirmed)
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #457
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
*pees on Crimson Fox's luggage* there how's that for roleplaying?

*clapclapclap* encore!! encore! bravo!
Old 05-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #458
The Jackal
Coordinator

I was just able to get back around, sucks about Thomkal but hopefully we'll get some positive results from the night actions with these scans, assuming people aren't camoed, and/or lying to us.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #459
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I would assume that I am in likely danger of being eaten/killed/whatever due to being likely twomore bad guys (if not three more) and only having potentially one dead right now and Chief likely (though not qiute confirmed)

but that's just it bug, there are now like 5 people who are mostly cleared villagers by circumstance.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #460
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I was just able to get back around, sucks about Thomkal but hopefully we'll get some positive results from the night actions with these scans, assuming people aren't camoed, and/or lying to us.

about time you got here, dark lord. thanks for joining us (just kidding. I don't really know)
Old 05-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #461
The Jackal
Coordinator

As to the debate about the PM, Abe definitely said early on that villagers didn't receive PMs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
This question was asked a few times by pm, if you didn't get a PM from me last night, you are a Kai. I didn't send out pms at all except to the non-Kai since there are no roles. By not sending any pms, I also avoid the potential of the "Quote a Word from it" trick as well.

I can see why people jumped on CR but I find it hard to believe he'd make that mistake, and though his explanation isn't bulletproof it seems plausible. Hopefully we do get a scan on him so that mess can be put to rest. Nobody likes metagamey stuff (but it's very hard to ignore it if it throws a wolf at you).
Old 05-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #462
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If that's true than it's a very odd play and I'm likely dead

If I am a villager (and I am), the connection others want to make of us as DV voters is going to eventually get you anyway, when I come up villager. It doesn't really matter if it comes out in an odd way or not. The village has, for whatever reason, decided another DV voter must be a wolf, and every cleared DV voter, no matter how it's done, make the rest look more suspicious to them.

All that said, I still don't think you're a wolf. I would still go with JAG.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #463
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
If I am a villager (and I am), the connection others want to make of us as DV voters is going to eventually get you anyway, when I come up villager. It doesn't really matter if it comes out in an odd way or not. The village has, for whatever reason, decided another DV voter must be a wolf, and every cleared DV voter, no matter how it's done, make the rest look more suspicious to them.

All that said, I still don't think you're a wolf. I would still go with JAG.

I have a hunch CF might be dead
Old 05-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #464
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
about time you got here, dark lord. thanks for joining us (just kidding. I don't really know)

I checked in a couple times around an hour before the deadline and it didn't look like I needed to move my vote, and I'm comfortable with where it ended up, especially in light of the PM talk.

It's been a pretty busy night, and I'm actually shutting things down now. Will hope for good results in the morning!
Old 05-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #465
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
but that's just it bug, there are now like 5 people who are mostly cleared villagers by circumstance.

Hmm, shit, this is a good point. It was an honest mistake on my part, just speaking straight truth, but this seems like a yelling Fire in a crowded theater situation.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #466
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Um....guys....Chief Rum is Kai (good guys) My foxes and mice told me so.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #467
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Since I'm dead I won't contribute to the discussion about the meta-gaming there until the game is over.

I'd rather it not be involved, but when something meta-gamey comes out that could be to my advantage I'm not going to ignore it. Like in the Amazing race game it would have been better if someone had been able to keep quiet when their partner outed themselves as a wolf, but you can't go about the game ignoring that when it comes to light.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #468
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

i don't think i'll be dead, i was a chief candidate for lynching.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #469
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have a hunch CF might be dead

Why? He didn't reveal a scan ability until after the deadline, I thought. And he was a potential lynch candidate who is often under suspicion. I would think he would rank low on the wolves' kill list.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #470
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

Well that changes things
Old 05-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #471
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Why? He didn't reveal a scan ability until after the deadline, I thought. And he was a potential lynch candidate who is often under suspicion. I would think he would rank low on the wolves' kill list.

That was with the assumption that you were bad...

So unless CF is bad, you seem ok
Old 05-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #472
Autumn
Head Coach

I know I'm dead
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #473
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

double THIS
Old 05-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #474
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Hmm, while I appreciate this, are you sure you should be saying anything before Abe posts? I suppose if he sent you results of your scan, you'll live, but just to be safe...

Old 05-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #475
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I know I'm dead

Now if the wolves killed Autumn AGAIN , that would be something...
Old 05-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #476
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
i don't think i'll be dead, i was a chief candidate for lynching.

If there was a kill on you tonight, not sure you'd be able to get the result of your scan. Obvously this point is moot
Old 05-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #477
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Hmm, while I appreciate this, are you sure you should be saying anything before Abe posts? I suppose if he sent you results of your scan, you'll live, but just to be safe...

didn't even think of that. was too excited. ASsumed that stuff was done already.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #478
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well that changes things

Not for me it doesn't.

My fear is the effect of my accidental slip on the game.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #479
Danny
Head Coach

I've never seen a game where someone gets their scan result if they are the night kill. Unless the GM is being funny, tells you that you scanned a wolf and that it doesn't matter because you are dead.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #480
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, Bug asked about me saying I knew something others didn't about JAG. He thought I was suggesting a night ability. I was only saying that I know I am a villager, and JAG's coming after me fairly hard, that in my mind, if no one else's, is a mark against him. My problem is that in responding to him I revealed I learned my allegiance from PMing with Abe, not from reading the thread like everyone else (apparently).

I went from JAG to Chief to Hoops. Hopefully that doesnt come back to bite me
Old 05-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #481
MrBug708
Head Coach

I havent received my scan yet so maybe I'm the dead one
Old 05-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #482
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Not for me it doesn't.

Actually, I think it has no effect. CF had his scan order in before that post and a scan is far more powerful than your misposts.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #483
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I've never seen a game where someone gets their scan result if they are the night kill. Unless the GM is being funny, tells you that you scanned a wolf and that it doesn't matter because you are dead.

I have played with funny GMs.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #484
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Result post pending.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #485
Danny
Head Coach

Now it could have all been one big cover up and you're both wolves
Old 05-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #486
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I do that ALL THE TIME. I think its hilarious!

Old 05-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #487
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I"m all confused now about order and stuff.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #488
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Actually, I think it has no effect. CF had his scan order in before that post and a scan is far more powerful than your misposts.

No, I'm talking about the instant reactions of others to my slip. That those will be seen as reasons to view them as villagers, as wolves presumeably wouldn't react so quickly or in surprise (since they would know my allegiance).

Old 05-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #489
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Actually, Abe and I are both wolves. We're in cahoots. Boy are you guys gonna laugh.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #490
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I really wonder if there is a cunning role in there somwhere. Do you guys see anything that smacks of "cunning"?
Old 05-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #491
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
No, I'm talking about the instant reactions of others to my slip. That those will be seen as reasons to view them as villagers, as wolves presumeably wouldn't react so quickly or in surprise (since they would know my allegiance).

That's true. I know I am a villager and I had that reaction, so I am likely to lean towards the other two being villagers as well, but it's not guarentee all three of us are.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #492
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Holy cow...I need to do a better job of being on closer to deadline, seemed to miss a lot today. Bastards need to post during the day when I am more likely to be around
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #493
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Not for me it doesn't.

See THIS. Shit like this. THis doesn't make sense. What fear? What slip on the game? I think chief is really messing with us but in what way i have no idea.

HOw does he still think he has messed up the game?
Old 05-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #494
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm just really afraid if I fucked up Abe's awesome game.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #495
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
See THIS. Shit like this. THis doesn't make sense. What fear? What slip on the game? I think chief is really messing with us but in what way i have no idea.

HOw does he still think he has messed up the game?

Actually, I'll say nothing more about it. The less people think about it, the better.

I am good. You scanned me. Let's move on.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #496
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

My head! My head! *Pffff!*
Old 05-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #497
MrBug708
Head Coach

My scan of Hoops didn't go through
Old 05-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #498
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After dinner, the refugees are suddenly in a din, as a large number of Giaks riding Doomwolves can be seen coming over the hill. First a few, and then more, and more. 20, 30, 50, a hundred!!! You ere just a few hours from safety for them, but they keep coming!

Within a minute, the Giaks have cloven their way into the crowd. There are way too many for you to count! You want to protect them, but you are outnumbered and outpowered by these. Reluctantly, you begin to leave the road. As you do, you slay a few of the riders as they got too close. One final look back shows children being hewn by a Giak Rider near the road.

You run for a half hour before you find an abandoned barn and all pile in. You count around you and miraculously, you find that all 16 of you are still alive and well. Whew! That would have been a good time for an attack of opportunity by the Agents. Maybe there's aren't any left. You stay the night in this barn, and make your way back into the woods tomorrow, choosing eh safety of the forest.

Night Two has Ended. Day Three Has begun, and will end at 10:00 EST PM Wednesday

Old 05-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #499
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

lol...hey, JAG, remember when I was tight-lipped? I'm 5th in posts in the game thread now.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:57 PM   #500
mckerney
Coordinator

Yes!
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote