Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-19-2008, 09:46 PM   #2351
Telle
College Starter

So could the wolves actually do anything with the book other than just convert me?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:47 PM   #2352
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

This was an EXCELLENT first game. I loved every minute of it, right up until Pass killed me.

Pass.....excellent play. I did not know that I was a "world-famous thief", and wasn't really expecting anyone to be after me.

The funny thing about that was I got a win if the Wolves won, which I lied about. So, I was trying to save myself and then was going to have to save you. I had a plan, but since you weren't a wolf, and then you killed me, it never came to fruition.

This was a great time though, and I can't wait to do it again.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:50 PM   #2353
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
So could the wolves actually do anything with the book other than just convert me?

If the Arcane Collector ever found it on a wolf, he would restore the book's power that you had originally.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:02 PM   #2354
henry296
College Starter

I think what I did was just advance the game one day. If I hadn't done my kill we would've lynched AlanT on Tuesday then a villager would've been killed and we'd lynch Telle on Wednesday. We had the same ratio after Tuesday's day session as we would've had after Wedesday's. I'm not sure my play really impacted the final result.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:12 PM   #2355
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
I think what I did was just advance the game one day. If I hadn't done my kill we would've lynched AlanT on Tuesday then a villager would've been killed and we'd lynch Telle on Wednesday. We had the same ratio after Tuesday's day session as we would've had after Wedesday's. I'm not sure my play really impacted the final result.

Actually, it had a huge impact. Telle was already a goner. She was going to kill Racer that night. No harm done if Mrs. S sees it, because she's already outed. By killing our obvious killer, you put us into a situation of either me or LSG doing it. At the time, we weren't outed, and had no idea Racer was going to scan LSG (which would have made the decision much easier). So we went with KWhit instead. We also figured the BG (Render) had protected Racer the night before and would protect Mrs. S as suggested in thread, so removing Racer from our choices that night essentially meant both remaining "seer" types would live for another day. And when we guessed wrong on KWhit, we didn't even get the BG. The fact Racer then outed LSG was sorta the cherry on the shit sundae.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:13 PM   #2356
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
This was an EXCELLENT first game. I loved every minute of it, right up until Pass killed me.

Pass.....excellent play. I did not know that I was a "world-famous thief", and wasn't really expecting anyone to be after me.

The funny thing about that was I got a win if the Wolves won, which I lied about. So, I was trying to save myself and then was going to have to save you. I had a plan, but since you weren't a wolf, and then you killed me, it never came to fruition.

This was a great time though, and I can't wait to do it again.

I'm glad you liked it! I'm sorry I had to out you in that way, but if it's any consolation, I had no thought of you being the Arcane Collector until then. I was looking at Axxon, olie, and Render, who all seemed interested in finding the book for themselves. I had a feeling you won with the wolves, but I couldn't think of a way to convince everyone else that was the case, especially since I was claiming the same role.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:26 PM   #2357
mccollins
College Prospect

Henry - great timing on the double kill.

Pass - great play, but I think the timing was even better. Alan was gone, the village knew who they were voting for, hardly any nightfalls so it was going to be a long quiet day ...

When I got the roles from Schmidty, I thought the game was nearly over since the wolves had the book. I figured they could call a monster out and kill everyone.

I want Mrs. Schmidty on my team next time. She was very perceptive on a number of things and played a lot of good detective work (yay for logic puzzles!). And for the record, in regards to the "I Live!" post, I figured you got a PM or Schmidty told you as he was writing up the deadline post.

I really enjoyed sitting here all day and reading along. It stunk to be out so early. Alan vs. Hoops on day 3(?) was a master class at WW.
I had a blast reading
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:32 PM   #2358
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Henry - great timing on the double kill.

Pass - great play, but I think the timing was even better. Alan was gone, the village knew who they were voting for, hardly any nightfalls so it was going to be a long quiet day ...

When I got the roles from Schmidty, I thought the game was nearly over since the wolves had the book. I figured they could call a monster out and kill everyone.

I want Mrs. Schmidty on my team next time. She was very perceptive on a number of things and played a lot of good detective work (yay for logic puzzles!). And for the record, in regards to the "I Live!" post, I figured you got a PM or Schmidty told you as he was writing up the deadline post.

I really enjoyed sitting here all day and reading along. It stunk to be out so early. Alan vs. Hoops on day 3(?) was a master class at WW.
I had a blast reading

Thanks! I think another big deal was that the rageaholic was gone, too. That whole time, I was worried something crazy would happen, like a duking. I figured the timing was good because the village was focused on LSG, yet not confused with multiple wolves.

I found all the hoopla over Mrs. Schmidty's "I Live" comment crazy, and was really surprised to find no wolves in people making a big deal out of it.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:33 PM   #2359
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I found all the hoopla over Mrs. Schmidty's "I Live" comment crazy, and was really surprised to find no wolves in people making a big deal out of it.

Yeah, we sorta let you guys run with that one.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:33 PM   #2360
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Alan vs. Hoops on day 3(?) was a master class at WW.
I had a blast reading

Yeah, it was like verbal Pong.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:45 PM   #2361
Axxon
Pro Starter

Yah we won. Great game everybody.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:49 PM   #2362
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Just got home from a LONG night of softball, they lost both games - badly! But at least we won the WW game

Kudos to Henry, Mrs S, and Pass, we couldn't have won without you guys!
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:54 PM   #2363
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Thanks! I think another big deal was that the rageaholic was gone, too. That whole time, I was worried something crazy would happen, like a duking. I figured the timing was good because the village was focused on LSG, yet not confused with multiple wolves.

Yeah, I was really wishing people would let that go during the game. I pegged her of someone with a daily night action after that.

I also wished people would have let my "forgot my major" oops go too. Looking at the initial pms everyone else got, it should have been pretty obvious I wasn't a vanilla villager to any villager and probably to the wolves as well.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:56 PM   #2364
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Yeah, I was really wishing people would let that go during the game. I pegged her of someone with a daily night action after that.

I also wished people would have let my "forgot my major" oops go too. Looking at the initial pms everyone else got, it should have been pretty obvious I wasn't a vanilla villager to any villager and probably to the wolves as well.

Yep, that is what tipped me off to you and kwhit was the way you played that whole thing.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:58 PM   #2365
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Dola, Schmidty actually forgot to send my major in the first PM he sent me and sent it in a separate PM. I read my role PM first and since I read my major PM second I was already thinking about how I could best take advantage of having a twin seer (hence why I forgot my major )
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:12 PM   #2366
Schmidty
Coordinator

What did you guys think about the Twin Seer thing?
Old 06-19-2008, 11:14 PM   #2367
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Everything is "obvious" to you if you want to believe it. I'll give you props if you want, but you pulled that outta yer arse, and ya know it.

It was true what I said that day. I was a candidate for lynch on Day Two (before everyone was revealed, BTW, clap, you're wrong there), and not a one of ya had a good reason to vote me.

Hey, it tipped me off too which is why I jumped to you after we didn't have a revealed wolf to go after. I wouldn't use the word obvious but still.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:15 PM   #2368
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
What did you guys think about the Twin Seer thing?

Well normally having to fake out the bodyguard to kill one seer is tough. Having to do it twice with twin seers is tougher. Then their ability to communicate and share thoughts was even tougher yet.

I had one game where I had a role and Eaglesfan27 was the seer, and I could communicate with him in PMs, but I didn't have any seer powers myself.. I think that would have been a bit easier on the wolves. This game there were so many people who could out wolves it was really tough. The fact that all of the people with those roles pretty much nailed almost perfectly every choice they had didn't help either
Old 06-19-2008, 11:16 PM   #2369
hoopsguy
General Manager

I liked it a lot, but I did feel that it was more powerful with us immediately starting with a trust list and receiving each others PMs. I knew if I got clipped that we weren't out a full seer.

I also felt that the bodyguard in this game was more robust than some that I've seen with his ability to go back to the same place 3x potentially.

Those were areas where I felt, looking at the whole rule set, that the villagers probably had an advantage over the wolves. There wasn't a wolf role that scared the hell out of me when I read it. I was wondering if there was anything with the Necronomicon that would give them a chance to catch up at the end that would act as a balance against the spiffy seer/BG roles.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:34 PM   #2370
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

I also felt that the bodyguard in this game was more robust than some that I've seen with his ability to go back to the same place 3x potentially.

The bodyguard could actually do this? I thought Render made that up.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:36 PM   #2371
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
I was wondering if there was anything with the Necronomicon that would give them a chance to catch up at the end that would act as a balance against the spiffy seer/BG roles.
I told Schmidty after the roles were posted that he should have had one person in the game (an alpha wolf) that if they got the Necronomicon they could summon Cthulhu (like described in on page one as to what the book could do). That would be like an instant win for the wolves. Obviously make it almost impossible for that person to get it, but still, just the idea that we would all be wiped out is kind of cool.
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:37 PM   #2372
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

He could do it, but each night he returned to the same person the chance of him failing went up and the chance he could see who attacked went down.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:49 PM   #2373
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

All the role abilities are up a page or two ago.

Every time he protected the next day the % went down that it would work.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:55 PM   #2374
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I liked it a lot, but I did feel that it was more powerful with us immediately starting with a trust list and receiving each others PMs. I knew if I got clipped that we weren't out a full seer.

Those were areas where I felt, looking at the whole rule set, that the villagers probably had an advantage over the wolves. There wasn't a wolf role that scared the hell out of me when I read it. I was wondering if there was anything with the Necronomicon that would give them a chance to catch up at the end that would act as a balance against the spiffy seer/BG roles.

I also question Mrs Schmidty's results offollowing people. Likme seeing the chanting going on which all the "wolves" did even if they didn;t participate in the kill. That would seem to make it more obvious who the wolves were if they were followed but did nothing that night. The double seer thing also really got us.

When hoops hinted at some role I thought that he was tied to racer maybe in a way that if he got killed it would turn racer's scans bad. We also wanted to take a shot to see if the book would allow for another conversion as hoops would have been a perfect convert at that point with him alread in the circle of trust (I had initially wanted to go after RendeR as he was already cleared so a conversion would have been great, even better as he turned out to be the BG).

When we found the book and converted Telle I thought we were on easy street. Then a few hours later Alan gets outed and Mrs Schmidty comes out with the witness to the conversion.

Oh, I'm still waiting for one person to tell me what was so wolfish about my votes on day one and two. It kept getting used as a reason to vote for me (prior to the Mrs Schmidty post). At last the best part of being on the chopping block the first two days is that I was able to cast a deciding vote on two villagers with the easy excuse of self defense.

Thanks for the game Schmidty, it was very fun.

I just wish Telle could still take advantage of the powers of the book after we converted her. She could have performed a one time night kill so our mouths were starting to water thinking we could take two more villagers out the following night (until we found out that she couldn't take them with her after conversion).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:32 AM   #2375
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Just got home from a LONG night of softball, they lost both games - badly! But at least we won the WW game

FTR, I don't think I really did anything to help you guys win. My play was just going after the Arcane Collector, who, while he won with the wolves, wasn't really part of them -- so you guys didn't need to get him to win.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:43 AM   #2376
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
My fault. I think I was too vague a lot in this game because I wanted it to have a mysterious mood, but I think that really had an impact in a lot of decisions.

I learned a lot of lessons in this game.

and thats what really matters right? me having fun and you learning

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:48 AM   #2377
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post

you get used to losing, my team had a ceelbration becasue last monday I got my ERA under 40!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:53 AM   #2378
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
you get used to losing, my team had a ceelbration becasue last monday I got my ERA under 40!

Word. My flag football team was pumped because we finally scored, in our third game.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:57 AM   #2379
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

My softball team hasn't been doing that poorly this year. We're 5-3 so far on the season and I think ranked 4th in the league.

Individually I'm batting .884 for the season (23 for 26) with 3 Homeruns, two triples, and 2 doubles.

So my season hasn't been too bad so far! (Other than my injury from a few weeks ago where I slid into home and tore up my leg)
Old 06-20-2008, 07:14 AM   #2380
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Dola, Schmidty actually forgot to send my major in the first PM he sent me and sent it in a separate PM. I read my role PM first and since I read my major PM second I was already thinking about how I could best take advantage of having a twin seer (hence why I forgot my major )

Same thing happened to me regarding the major. I can't recall if I commented on it that might have been a hint to the wolves.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:21 AM   #2381
Axxon
Pro Starter

Now, the depressing part.

I've fallen in love with the game but I'm starting a new job next week and won't be past training for another month. I know I'll have internet access after that but no idea how much time I'll have to actually access the internet.

Since I'm sorta west coaster and a bus rider I won't have much chance to access the internet during game play except at work.

It's why I've never played before. I hope after the training period is over I can work something out to allow myself to continue contributing and playing because I love the game and my fellow coplayers all rock.

Either way, it's been as great an experience I've hoped for and just as much fun. I want to thank you all and say that if the opportunity presents itself, I'm so playing again.

If it doesn't, thank all of you for being so much fun to play with/against and understand I'll be a werewolf player, whether active or not, for life.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:29 AM   #2382
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
My softball team hasn't been doing that poorly this year. We're 5-3 so far on the season and I think ranked 4th in the league.

Individually I'm batting .884 for the season (23 for 26) with 3 Homeruns, two triples, and 2 doubles.

So my season hasn't been too bad so far! (Other than my injury from a few weeks ago where I slid into home and tore up my leg)

Ive played on my team or 3 years now, and noone has hit a HR since ive been there.....

Im in an awful slump (not being able to run doesnt help) im only hitting like 250

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 07:30 AM   #2383
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
Now, the depressing part.

I've fallen in love with the game but I'm starting a new job next week and won't be past training for another month. I know I'll have internet access after that but no idea how much time I'll have to actually access the internet.

Since I'm sorta west coaster and a bus rider I won't have much chance to access the internet during game play except at work.

It's why I've never played before. I hope after the training period is over I can work something out to allow myself to continue contributing and playing because I love the game and my fellow coplayers all rock.

Either way, it's been as great an experience I've hoped for and just as much fun. I want to thank you all and say that if the opportunity presents itself, I'm so playing again.

If it doesn't, thank all of you for being so much fun to play with/against and understand I'll be a werewolf player, whether active or not, for life.

we all hope you keep playing!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 07:32 AM   #2384
hoopsguy
General Manager

Axxon, these things have a way of working themselves out in the long run. I've had fun playing with you and look forward to doing so again when the opportunity presents itself.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:38 AM   #2385
Axxon
Pro Starter

Thanks guys. I'm going to do my best to be able to do so.

I'm really glad I played when I had the chance because it was as much fun as I imagined it would be.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:33 AM   #2386
mccollins
College Prospect

What could the engineering and architecture majors have done with their knowledge of the building and structure?

Was their anyway to "release the beast"??
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:37 AM   #2387
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:39 AM   #2388
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post

Off to catch up (man my Pirates suck!).

It could be worse -- you could be a Mariner fan.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:41 AM   #2389
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked Schmidty that last night and he said no, it wasn't set up that way - I think it would have been cool though if it were a possibility.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:49 AM   #2390
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
henry, Racer, Mrs. Schmidty, Render, Pass and hoops were all utter All Stars in this one.

No doubt. Well done, all of you. *applause*
Old 06-20-2008, 08:54 AM   #2391
hoopsguy
General Manager

I really can't remember the last game that there were so many villagers who played well.

There were also a lot of good plays in the last small game - it would be very cool if that is a sign of games to come. Although if that is the case then the wolves have their work cut out for them ....
Old 06-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #2392
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:

These were their first losses of the season, and they were brutal...18-13 after going up 8-0 in the first inning, and the second game they got annihilated 19-2. SL is the pitcher too, so he was not happy when he came off the field.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:48 AM   #2393
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

im just happy when i dont get hurt

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 10:03 AM   #2394
hoopsguy
General Manager

Olie, bring in Alan as a ringer!
Old 06-20-2008, 10:45 AM   #2395
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
im just happy when i dont get hurt

There was one guy who decided he needed to slide into home and ended up limping off the field with assistance from one of his teammates. Then 2 guys were going for a pop fly, neither called it til the very last second, then they both moved, the ball dropped and hit one guy in the foot, and he fell onto the other guy. No one was hurt but they both needed help getting up...it was pretty comical
Old 06-20-2008, 10:47 AM   #2396
Passacaglia
Coordinator

If we're talking accidents, I had my glasses knocked off going for someone else's flag. On the same play, one of my teammates lost his wedding band. He looked for it for an hour after the game and couldn't find it, then found it in 5-10 minutes the next morning. Pretty crazy.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #2397
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I wear my hockey shinguards while pitching... I get hit at least 3-4 times a game

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:20 AM   #2398
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

All of the softball talk. I got my cast off today! Can't move my thumb much still but it's just nice to be out of it. Of course all the sun I got at yesterday's game leaves it looking like I fell asleep with my hand down my pants from where the cast line was.

Anyway, I wanted to say that I'm out for the next two weeks as we're heading to Savannah and then Ocean Isle, North Carolina (just north of Myrtle Beach). Good luck in the next game or two and I look forward to playing when I get back.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #2399
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Back to the game -- KWhit, you've been the duke a lot lately, and usually you play it differently. Why the change this time?
Old 06-20-2008, 05:58 PM   #2400
Poli
FOFC Survivor