Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-21-2019, 03:12 PM   #1
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quality fantasy baseball draft software?

Hey all I am looking for a cheap program that can help track for an NL in person auction.

I have used Rotowire in the past but have been having continual issues with their software and can't trust these issues won't happen this weekend.

The league entry is only $150 so I am not looking to break the bank on the software but also want something that can separate the players onto the 11 different teams, calculate live inflation, etc... (Some of the free stuff out there won't do these two things) For reference I spend about $12 on rotowire.

Any suggestions?

panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:50 AM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

Hmmmm... will watch this space. I used RotoLab for some time after getting free access as a writer, but switched to the RotoWire app last year and was very pleased. Had not heard they were having tech problems, though.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:11 AM   #3
sposfan
Mascot

Love Rotolab. There was a huge update this year and the entire program was rewritten. If you're a member of baseballhq.com, there's not only a discount, but the projections are updated pretty much daily. I also use it during the season as well to evaluate trades and free agents.

EDIT: Also, the customer support is fantastic!

Last edited by sposfan : 03-22-2019 at 08:11 AM.
sposfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:14 AM   #4
QuikSand
lolzcat

+1 on RotoLab, it's excellent and the support is top shelf

I have just basically tossed baseball overboard on my list of things I'm willing to spend my time on. Juice/squeeze, etc. I used to write for Baseball HQ and got free RotoLab, but now I only play in one low-level baseball league and barely make any effort to keep up.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:42 AM   #5
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Going to roll with Rotowire today. The rotolab looks great but sitting at like 50+% of my entry and even like 25% of the potential prizes doesn't seem like the best investment. Just uninstalled rotowire and used an older laptop and hoping the problem was computer related.

Plus my league is all old friends so it is more of a poker game nowadays with the auction values for reference. Definitely needed to track what money/positions they have though. Sucks going in worrying about back up plans on software though instead of just other things.

Appreciate the responses!
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:33 AM   #6
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Try using Mr Cheatsheet. It's Excel based, but you can input the values of your league, and what projections you would like to use, and it will give you a points ranking for everybody. I used it in my last draft and it helped me a lot, although next time instead of doing it live in the spreadsheet, I would probably do my rankings in Yahoo based on this info, and draft from one program. It was pretty hectic going back and forth and updating Mr Cheatsheet with every pick.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:03 PM   #7
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
+1 on RotoLab, it's excellent and the support is top shelf

I have just basically tossed baseball overboard on my list of things I'm willing to spend my time on. Juice/squeeze, etc. I used to write for Baseball HQ and got free RotoLab, but now I only play in one low-level baseball league and barely make any effort to keep up.
No shit. I've been a subscriber forever.

And +1 on RotoLab
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote