Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-05-2005, 09:30 PM   #1
KWhit
Coordinator

Werewolf V: Mount Fogg

Mount Fogg has always had an aura of mystery surrounding it. The inhabitants are not welcoming to strangers and tend to keep to themselves. Very few have ever made it out of their own small village. The reason? An old legend.

The legend states that the mountain is home to a coven of werewolves. The King of the Wolves made a deal with the villagers years ago. The wolves would leave the small town alone as long as a sacrifice was made. Once a season, the villagers must offer up one of their own to the wolves. For over a decade, this has gone on. What was once a thriving, bustling community is now almost a ghost town.

The villagers have decided that it is time to fight back. There was no sacrifice made this season. A number of people with special talents have been recruited by the inhabitants to do battle with the wolves. The wolves have come to the village to investigate and are suspected of staying at the Inn posing as travellers. The village inn is the battleground between the wolves and those that represent the village. The inhabitants of Mount Fogg are holed up in their houses awaiting one of two outcomes - a village victory, or a wolf victory and their horrible revenge.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:34 PM   #2
KWhit
Coordinator

RULES

Werewolf is a game of accusation, deduction, lying, reverse psychology, bandwagoning, and trying not to get lynched.

The rules are pretty simple: The players represent a village and each member of the village has a role which is kept secret. Most players are ordinary villagers but two or more are werewolves and one is a seer, there are some other roles which are explained later. The goal of the villagers is to eliminate all of the werewolves. The goal of the werewolves is to achieve 1:1 parity with the villagers at which time they can openly rise up and overwhelm the villagers thus winning the game.

Gameplay
The game consists of two different phases: Night and Day. The game begins with a Day phase.

Night
In a night phase I will ask the werewolves to choose a villager to “eat” and also ask the seer to choose one player to “view” (as well as other night actions from other players). The werewolves should decide amongst themselves using the board's PM function who their victim will be and inform the moderator of their choice.

The werewolves' victim is dead and is removed from the game, but the rest of the village won't find out until daytime who the victim is and what their secret role was.

Day
During the daytime the villagers all wake up and find that one of their own has been killed by the werewolves. At this point at least one player is a werewolf and so someone is gonna get lynched.

During this phase all players, including werewolves who have assumed villager form, must discuss their suspicions. Eventually it will reach a point where villagers start to cast votes for who they feel is a werewolf and must be lynched. Votes are cast by placing bold text in a post like this VOTE PLAYER A. If you want to change your vote, make another post saying UNVOTE PLAYER A - VOTE PLAYER B. At the end of the day (which is defined as 8:00pm eastern time) the player who received the most votes is lynched and is removed from the game. That player’s role will be revealed to the village.

When the lynching is done all the villagers go back to their homes to sleep and the next night begins.

Winning
In case it's not clear: The villagers win if they kill all of the werewolves. The werewolves win if they kill enough villagers so that their numbers are equal. At this point the werewolves can openly rise up and slaughter the rest of the villagers.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:35 PM   #3
KWhit
Coordinator

Special Roles

Roles will be assigned randomly. The following is a description of the roles in the game.

Seer – There is at least one Seer in the game and he is on the villagers team. Each night the Seer may choose one other player to “view” by sending a PM to the moderator with that player’s name. Each night turn may PM me with their view. I will tell the Seer whether his chosen target is a werewolf or a human.

Werewolf – There are at least two werewolves in the game. The werewolves know who each other are and may send PM’s between themselves to discuss strategy. At night the wolves PM the moderator the name of the player they’d like to eat. In the morning that player’s death will be announced along with his special role.

Bodyguard - May protect one person per night against a werewolf attack. They may not protect the same person two nights in a row, and may not protect themselves. If they successfully protect a person, it will be revealed as a NO KILL. The bodyguard will NOT learn the identity of any werewolves! Each night they should PM me with who they want to protect.

Witness - Every night, the witness may PM me a person he wants to keep an eye on. If that person is attacked by the wolves, they will find out the identity of one wolf, who will also find out their identity. Once the witness has successfully viewed a wolf, they cannot use their power again.

Cursed - If this person is targeted by the werewolves, they become a werewolf. It will be revealed as NO KILL during the night. However, the person who is Cursed, will NOT know the fact until they are attacked by the wolves. If they are lynched, all the passengers will find out is that they were a villager. This role will be viewed as a villager to the Seer, unless they have already been changed to a werewolf.

Duke - The Duke is a powerful noble in the area who has fled to the manor for protection, and is laying low. He has the power, once per game, after a lynch is decided, to stand up and declare that the victim will not be lynched (even if he is the victim,) and instead lynch someone else of his choice. This is the one role that will be positively revealed if used, the Duke will PM me if he wants to use his ability, and *I* will post about the Duke's actions, so there can be no false claims.

Wolf King - This is one tough SOB, the leader of the werewolves. If this werewolf is lynched, he has the power to immediately kill one person before he is subdued. However, if he is lynched, the wolves are thrown into disarray, and they make a random kill that night (I decide who they kill based upon a dice roll - there is also a chance that they kill no one).

Sorcerer - May check one person per night to see if they are the Seer. This person wins if the wolves win. This role will be viewed as a regular villager to the Seer. The Sorceror does not know the identity of the wolves, and the wolves do not know the Sorceror. Should PM me each night with who they want to view.

Villagers – There are also a number of regular villagers in the game. These aren't inhabitants of Mount Fogg, but just unlucky strangers passing through town. The villagers have no special abilities other than their own deductive ability. They will have to vote wisely to win the game.

Miscellaneous
1) Only the wolves may PM’s between themselves. All other players may not send PM’s (unless to me as called for by your role or to ask a question)

2) If there is a tie in the lynch vote then a duel takes place and I will announce who is killed. This will be determined via dice roll.

If you have any questions please ask. Welcome to the game!

List of players:
henry296
Raven
Neon_Chaos
Buzzbee
Fouts
mrsimperless
heybrad
Thomkal
George W Bush
JeeberD
Suicane75
Schmidty
kingfc22
Token Asian Guy
Blackadar
Raiders Army

Alternate 1: Digamma

Note: I am still looking for more alternates. Let me know if you're interested.

Last edited by KWhit : 07-06-2005 at 06:54 AM.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:37 PM   #4
KWhit
Coordinator

Day One

Your task on this day is to introduce yourself. Once you start to get to know each other, you must vote for who you want to lynch (Voting cutoff is 8pm Eastern Wednesday night). It is required that you post before then. If not, you may be replaced with another player.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:44 PM   #5
henry296
College Starter

Hi everybody. I'm really enjoying my time on the mountain.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:54 PM   #6
Joe
Pro Starter

mountains=fun
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:59 PM   #7
KWhit
Coordinator

You should now all have a PM with your role defined. Let me know (via PM) if you didn't get it or if you have questions about it.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:07 PM   #8
heybrad
Norm!!!

Hello everybody.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:51 PM   #9
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Aw crap. Who let their goat out? I just stepped on major goat poo.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:00 PM   #10
Fouts
College Starter

Sorry about that. Hard for me to keep track of all these goats.

BTW, I saw the movie Cursed last night. Let me see your palms!
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:01 PM   #11
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Hey, Brad
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:01 PM   #12
Raven
College Prospect

I'm here.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:38 PM   #13
Token Asian Guy
n00b

glad to be on mount fogg, yeah that's right, there are two G's in fogg.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:55 PM   #14
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad
Hello everybody.

Hi Doctor Brad!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:05 AM   #15
digamma
Torchbearer

I'm happy to be an alternator.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:58 AM   #16
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
mountains=LYNCHING

fixed it for you.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:35 AM   #17
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Alright. Who's a werewolf? Don't be scared. We'll just lynch you.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:51 AM   #18
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I've got my rope, and I'm abringing it to the party!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:53 AM   #19
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
I'm happy to be an alternator.

Cool. Thanks. I'll add you to the player list.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:15 AM   #20
Blackadar
Retired

Last edited by Blackadar : 07-07-2005 at 08:55 AM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:03 AM   #21
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
...i.... a werewolf[.] ...be scared. We... l[u]nch you.

Wow, awfully early for an admission...

Old 07-06-2005, 08:12 AM   #22
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD

Hehe.

Old 07-06-2005, 08:28 AM   #23
Thomkal
Head Coach

Hello everyone,

Thomkal here. I am but a simple woodsman from the forests skirting this mountain village. When I brought my meager gatherings of mushrooms and herbs to the inn to sell, I never thought I'd be called upon to decide the fate of my fellow humans! What a horrible task that has been laid upon us.

So let us get the discussion going so we can form at least some substantial reason for lynching someone tonight. I have told you who I am, a simple villager, and how I came to be here this day. Now then the rest of you should do the same.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:46 AM   #24
henry296
College Starter

I am not afraid the wolves and I am a lowly villager who is just here for a nice ski trip. I then learned of this horrible scenario with sacrificing villagers. I am here to fight the werewolves, so I can make it back to my family.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:50 AM   #25
Blackadar
Retired

Last edited by Blackadar : 07-07-2005 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:57 AM   #26
JeeberD
General Manager

Two threads in a row where Blacky is talking about getting drunk and sticking it in butts. I think he's the victim of some cruel experiment by the combined efforts of HA and Franky...

Old 07-06-2005, 08:59 AM   #27
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Two threads in a row where Blacky is talking about getting drunk and sticking it in butts. I think he's the victim of some cruel experiment by the combined efforts of HA and Franky...
Yeah, and those are the best attributes of them.

Last edited by KWhit : 07-06-2005 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:03 AM   #28
Blackadar
Retired

Last edited by Blackadar : 07-07-2005 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:34 AM   #29
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Another lowly villager at your service. This is quite unpleasant business we have before us today, but I stand ready to judge and be judged.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:36 AM   #30
heybrad
Norm!!!

Lots of players not checking in yet.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:37 AM   #31
JeeberD
General Manager

I'm off to work for about six hours, so my silence is me dealing with soup and salad eating bastards, not werewolf-ish skulking...

Old 07-06-2005, 10:38 AM   #32
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:

Very funny. Creative. But wrong. :P
Old 07-06-2005, 10:41 AM   #33
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm off to work for about six hours, so my silence is me dealing with soup and salad eating bastards, not werewolf-ish skulking...

Well, someone has to start pointing fingers. I guess I'll start. I'm just a lowly villager, and I don't appreciate some other villager point a finger at me.

VOTE JeeberD

Alright guys, time to watch which ones bandwagon on this vote... or bandwagon on the eventual vote on me.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:46 AM   #34
heybrad
Norm!!!

3 players have not checked in yet.

Buzzbee
Suicane
Schmidty

SHOW YOURSELF!
Old 07-06-2005, 10:47 AM   #35
henry296
College Starter

Suicane is probably still stoned.. It is a little early for him or he is lurking in the shadows waiting to pounce on an innocent villager.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:49 AM   #36
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Obviously the first day's vote is going to be a crapshoot. I relize this will make me a target, but I'm not worried as I KNOW that I'm just a villager. The hard part is going to be finding the wolves.

VOTE Blackadar

Sorry Blackie, nothing personal. It's just that butt sticking and butt sniffing are a little too similar for my tastes. Sounds pretty canine to me.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:56 AM   #37
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless
Obviously the first day's vote is going to be a crapshoot. I relize this will make me a target, but I'm not worried as I KNOW that I'm just a villager. The hard part is going to be finding the wolves.

VOTE Blackadar

Sorry Blackie, nothing personal. It's just that butt sticking and butt sniffing are a little too similar for my tastes. Sounds pretty canine to me.
He convinced me.

I vote Blackadar.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:59 AM   #38
kingfc22
Head Coach

This villager is also off to work...I was hoping that the wolves would have shown up already, but I guess I'll have to be careful going down the mountain and then back up again.

I shall return from work around 4:30 PST...Maybe we will have killed a wolf by then.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:00 AM   #39
kingfc22
Head Coach

Guess I'll jump on the bandwagon since it appears to be leaving the same time I do.

VOTE BLACKADAR.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:00 AM   #40
heybrad
Norm!!!

That is a very convincing argument, but since there is absolutely nothing to go on, I'll probably vote for whoever does not check in. If everybody checks in, I'll consider the buttsniffer.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:04 AM   #41
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

How come people are eager to jump on the Blackadar bandwagon? Hmmmm....
Old 07-06-2005, 11:37 AM   #42
Blackadar
Retired

Old 07-06-2005, 12:37 PM   #43
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
Can't say I'm surprised.

Though you guys might want to really give some thought into voting for someone who has played the game before and is skilled at these sorts of things, rather than an easy target like me who's a total noobie here.
I'm a n00b as well. Better you than me, I always say. This crowd isn't going home tonight until we get a lynchin'.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:47 PM   #44
Thomkal
Head Coach

As a villager, its a bit dumb for us to be jumping on bandwagons, especially so in the first day. Makes it a lot easier for the wolves to hide. So I won't be jumping on. Instead I'll cast a vote for one of our quiet people to see if we can't get them to speak up.

VOTE BUZZBEE
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:50 PM   #45
Desnudo
Coordinator

I saw JeeberD running around naked, howling at the moon last night. Unfortunately he was human and it was in Texas. Put some clothes on man!
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:56 PM   #46
Token Asian Guy
n00b

wow, the wagon got stacked up pretty quickly against blacky. as tempting as it is to jump onboard, as evidenced by previous games, we'll probably hit a villager first with that sort of thinking. i agree with thomkal to vote for a silent member, let's see if we can't weed out some of the hairy ones.

VOTE BUZZBEE
Old 07-06-2005, 12:58 PM   #47
henry296
College Starter

I'm not worried about Buzbee. He hasn't been around the moutain since Friday. However, I saw Schmidty yesterday yet he hasn't spoken up today. That is suspicious.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:00 PM   #48
heybrad
Norm!!!

I was just about to post...

I VOTE SCHMIDTY
Old 07-06-2005, 01:06 PM   #49
KWhit
Coordinator

So far, I have the vote at:

Blackadar: 3 (mrsimperless, Raiders Army, Kingfc22)
Buzzbee: 2 (Thomkal, Token Asian Guy)
Schmidty: 1 (heybrad)
JeeberD: 1 (Neon_Chaos)
Old 07-06-2005, 01:18 PM   #50
Blackadar
Retired