Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-04-2019, 12:33 PM   #51
Capital
High School Varsity

So do I, I very rarely spend extra money is these types or in mobile games. I don't have to be the best. I have my own goals.

Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 12:42 PM   #52
lungs
Pro Rookie

I bought $60 worth of points in OOTP19, and all that did was accelerate my climb to harder leagues (without winning any of the lower leagues) where I found myself mired in mediocrity. Once you spend, you have to spend more!

Last edited by lungs : 04-04-2019 at 12:42 PM.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:24 PM   #53
sooner333
College Starter

There are also opportunities to earn points buying and selling, even with the 10% commission. I haven’t really bought with the intention to flip, but I earned points on one card I bought and sold after I decided to go in a different direction. I did have to be patient though and it took a couple of auctions to get someone to bite.

Also, I had one game earn over 1,000 points. I think my team scored 26 runs which meant a lot of various bonuses were hit.

I’m not sure whether I want to start a second or third team, though. I think I’d rather focus my efforts in the main gameplay. But, having not been immersed in the series for many years, it is a good experiment area. So, maybe it’s a good idea to build a second team with a much different focus than the first just to see what works.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:38 PM   #54
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Holy crap, are people spending an insane amount on perfect team points or have they hacked the game? Just got my ass kicked by a team practically full of perfect 100's. The lowest rating was 94, over half of the starting lineup and pitching staff were perfect 100's. This is in my first league, so it's low level.

Edit: 92 was the lowest (a reliever); that's crazy

Starting lineup:

Rotation:

Bullpen:

Last edited by EagleFan : 04-05-2019 at 05:47 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 06:35 PM   #55
spleen1015
Coordinator

They are spending.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:00 PM   #56
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Holy crap, are people spending an insane amount on perfect team points or have they hacked the game? Just got my ass kicked by a team practically full of perfect 100's. The lowest rating was 94, over half of the starting lineup and pitching staff were perfect 100's. This is in my first league, so it's low level.

Edit: 92 was the lowest (a reliever); that's crazy

Starting lineup:

Rotation:

Bullpen:

Thats a whale team. For example, I got about 100,000 points from that Rivera card's sale. I still have 40,000 points and I have gold and scattered diamond players.

edit: Just to give an example of how powerful a whale you have, I just checked the 100 starting pitchers currently on the AH. The STARTING price for one of those is 26,000. That's $20 in game currency.

A couple of the 100 rated perfect pitchers (Dwight Gooden, Roger Clemens Peak) go for the equivalent of over $100. And that's one player.

That's the kind of story that either someone really rich likes the game, or someone who is acquiring the money from others. (And it's very likely that whales who build these huge teams have multiple teams (remember, you can have like 3-4 emails on record, therefore 3-4 teams)

Last edited by SirFozzie : 04-05-2019 at 07:06 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 05:01 PM   #58
Capital
High School Varsity

In PT, how do you train a player to play another position? I have a too many 3B and would like to play someone at 1st. Do I just play him there even though it doesn't show that he could?
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:14 PM   #59
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital View Post
In PT, how do you train a player to play another position? I have a too many 3B and would like to play someone at 1st. Do I just play him there even though it doesn't show that he could?

yes. In the 19 version Mookie Betts would end up being a 70 rated defensive 2nd baseman, Just make sure they have the core ratings to be good at a position or they wont improve much.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:50 AM   #60
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital View Post

It will take almost 2 seasons before they reach max potential at another position. FYI.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:41 PM   #61
Schmidty
Coordinator

So is there any way to connect to leagues in-game? I’m serious when I say that I want to be in a league. I simply want it to be easy. Easy for commishes too. Id be one, but it seemed too, bleh.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:55 PM   #62
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I was thinking about running a small OOTP league for FOFC in 19, might have to dust off the plans for OOTP20.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:06 PM   #63
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I was thinking about running a small OOTP league for FOFC in 19, might have to dust off the plans for OOTP20.

I’m in. Also, if you need help doing “dirty work”, let me know. No idea what that means, but Im in.

Edit: I missed the ‘19 part.

I’m in if it’s the new one.

Last edited by Schmidty : 04-08-2019 at 09:26 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:51 PM   #64
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Anyone run into something like this?

I started up my "historical dynasty" and started the league out with cleared stats so only the stats from when I actually do will be counted as records. I check the record books and they are cleared.

I get through a few seasons and curiously check the records to see how they look. Most look okay but there are a few players who not only haven't played since I started the sim (I am started 1901 and these players were from the 1880's) but several career batting records are owned by these players.

Any idea how something like that would happen? Is there a way to clear those players?
Old 04-09-2019, 03:44 PM   #65
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

I'd join if it's with 20.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:58 AM   #66
sooner333
College Starter

Although I bought the game 4-5 years ago, I didn’t really get into it that year. My main experience with the game is in its much earlier iterations (OOTP 3, for example). The game has become much more complex since then, and to an effective newcomer it is pretty overwhelming in solo mode. While I have enjoyed the simplicity of perfect team, I have started a solo challenge mode career starting in 2019 and have found myself staring at the screen and a little too intimidated to proceed.

Any ideas on which parts of the game I should let the computer handle (minor league promotions seem like a bear, for example) or things I should do to ease into the game?
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:11 AM   #67
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
Although I bought the game 4-5 years ago, I didn’t really get into it that year. My main experience with the game is in its much earlier iterations (OOTP 3, for example). The game has become much more complex since then, and to an effective newcomer it is pretty overwhelming in solo mode. While I have enjoyed the simplicity of perfect team, I have started a solo challenge mode career starting in 2019 and have found myself staring at the screen and a little too intimidated to proceed.

Any ideas on which parts of the game I should let the computer handle (minor league promotions seem like a bear, for example) or things I should do to ease into the game?

This this this! I am in exactly the same boat. To a tee.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:18 AM   #68
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Quote:

Treat it like you would starting out at a real, new job:

You're always a bit confused and even intimidated at a new place, but the days move on regardless of you having everything figured out on day 1. A few days later, it gets easier. A few months later, much easier, etc.

So my advice is just commit to some sort of sim schedule: I promise to sim a week per calendar day or something like that. It will start to fall into place, and by that second season, you'll have a much clearer understanding of the big picture.

Just keep moving!

Last edited by Mike Lowe : 04-10-2019 at 10:18 AM.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:01 PM   #69
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:

I basically start out with the AI's recommendation on everything and adjust from there if I like. So let the AI set up staff, lineups and depth charts, minor league promotions, in-game defensive alignment, promote a guy to the MLB roster if he has an up arrow, etc. Really, you can go along as a passenger quite a bit and just do what the AI would do for every other team then just jump in when you see something that could be done better.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #70
lungs
Pro Rookie

For me, it takes a few in-game years to get a better feel for the whole organization. I usually evaluate my minor league teams before the beginning of the season and on June 1st. So I don't constantly shuffle guys around. I always like setting the limit to at least 30 players on minor league teams so I don't have to mess around that much when injuries occur. Otherwise minor league personnel manage the lineups, etc.. Unless I want to train a prospect for a new position and then I use player strategy to force that.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:20 PM   #71
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Anyone run into something like this?

I started up my "historical dynasty" and started the league out with cleared stats so only the stats from when I actually do will be counted as records. I check the record books and they are cleared.

I get through a few seasons and curiously check the records to see how they look. Most look okay but there are a few players who not only haven't played since I started the sim (I am started 1901 and these players were from the 1880's) but several career batting records are owned by these players.

Any idea how something like that would happen? Is there a way to clear those players?

It looks like Hall of Fame voting is doing this. There are Hall of Famers coming up for election now who ended their career before my "universe" started. It looks like when they come up the are now showing up in the records section.

Not sure why it is doing this; when taking the option to not bring in the history I would think it wouldn't bring up players for HoF voting who were part of that history you choose not to bring in.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:27 AM   #72
spleen1015
Coordinator

If anyone is interested in joining an online league that is currently OOTP19 and promotion/relegation, please let me know. I am in a league that needs 2 owners.

This is not an attempt to take anyone away from the new OOTP20 league that is getting started here. I have seen some folks that still play OOTP here so I figured I would ask.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:14 AM   #73
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Happy Easter to me. Picked up 5 regular packs today and the first pack that I opened had 2 diamond players.