Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-07-2004, 10:42 AM   #1
bigdawg2003
High School Varsity

More sex = less prostate cancer

hxxp://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/04/07/cancer.ejaculations.ap/index.html

Could be potentially unsafe for work, but figured the board would appreciate it.

bigdawg2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 11:25 AM   #2
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Tried this with my wife, and she said, "I guess you'll be dying early!"
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 11:51 AM   #3
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

does masturbation count?
Old 04-07-2004, 11:53 AM   #4
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

why is it that married people don't have sex all the time? does it get boring or something?
Old 04-07-2004, 11:54 AM   #5
KevinNU7
College Starter

cause women only ahve sex to trap men
Old 04-07-2004, 11:54 AM   #6
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I guess we don't have to ask if you miss your wife.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 11:58 AM   #7
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
why is it that married people don't have sex all the time? does it get boring or something?

After a few years, you realize that masturbating is much quicker and easier and there is no cuddling afterward that would prevent your viewing of Sunday Night Baseball.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:02 PM   #8
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
does masturbation count?

According to the distilled version I saw on the local news this morning, it is ejaculation cleaning out the system that does the trick. Think about water sitting in pipes and how you run water for a few minutes before collecting it for drinking. Same concept.

In other words, no need to wait for the wife to get to town. Hey, its your health, you gotta do what it takes to protect it.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:06 PM   #9
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
According to the distilled version I saw on the local news this morning, it is ejaculation cleaning out the system that does the trick. Think about water sitting in pipes and how you run water for a few minutes before collecting it for drinking. Same concept.

In other words, no need to wait for the wife to get to town. Hey, its your health, you gotta do what it takes to protect it.

bingo. Although I do actually head back to Oklahoma this weekend to see her and the kids.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:13 PM   #10
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:

Did you pick a favorite computer game and play only that computer game forever? After a few years, would you continue to play it religiously, every day? You might try to play a different game on a different machine, or simply decide "screw it, I'll just watch Sunday night baseball instead."
Old 04-07-2004, 12:27 PM   #11
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Did you pick a favorite computer game and play only that computer game forever? After a few years, would you continue to play it religiously, every day? You might try to play a different game on a different machine, or simply decide "screw it, I'll just watch Sunday night baseball instead."

Well in my opinion when you are married you have committed yourself to that one person for the rest of your life. This often means you loved them beyond measure so having sex with them wouldn't and shouldn't be a physical thing but a mental thing so you both can enjoy it on that level so to speak. I know if I ever find the right girl I will stay committed unless she cheats at which point I will leave and still be a father to my kids if I have any. There won't be no getting back together for the sake of the kids because if she has done it once it will happen again. So trying to equate love to a game seems out of place to say the least. Being married in my opinion is not a day to day thing it is a lifetime thing....

noop
Old 04-07-2004, 12:33 PM   #12
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Well in my opinion when you are married you have committed yourself to that one person for the rest of your life. This often means you loved them beyond measure so having sex with them wouldn't and shouldn't be a physical thing but a mental thing so you both can enjoy it on that level so to speak. I know if I ever find the right girl I will stay committed unless she cheats at which point I will leave and still be a father to my kids if I have any. There won't be no getting back together for the sake of the kids because if she has done it once it will happen again. So trying to equate love to a game seems out of place to say the least. Being married in my opinion is not a day to day thing it is a lifetime thing....

noop

aww, that's sweet.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:37 PM   #13
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
aww, that's sweet.

Don't tell anyone Actually I learned that thru observation of family and friends alike.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:40 PM   #14
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I have to admit I'm having difficult reconciling the "she was probably asking to be raped" Noop with the "family values" Noop. Something's suspicious. What have you done with our Noop?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 12:43 PM   #15
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Simple, if you are not married you are allowed to give it to her good. Get married and feelings and crap come about...
Old 04-07-2004, 01:02 PM   #16
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
... I know if I ever find the right girl I will stay committed unless she cheats at which point I will leave and still be a father to my kids if I have any. There won't be no getting back together for the sake of the kids because if she has done it once it will happen again.
You know Noop. I give you a lot of shit, but here you show a wisdom that I lacked when confronted with this situation and my first wife, the evil bitch that she was. The stories I could tell.

Last edited by Glengoyne : 04-07-2004 at 01:02 PM.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 01:04 PM   #17
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:

noop

I, and some other married men before, have mentioned that it is better (due, largely as you say to mental and spiritual reasons) after years of marriage. However, due to it being less physically motivated, it is less urgent. I think you would find many married men saying that sex was better, yet they still had it less frequently.

As you get older (hopefully within a great marriage) I hope you get to find that out. There are a couple of things you should also learn:

Do not try to give advice to someone on handling a situation you have no familiarity with. Being married is different than anything you can possibly imagine. Just as noone could explain it to me, you will not understand until such time as you are married. Until then, it would perhaps be wise to not tell married men what marriage should be like. I assure you, your opinion on the topic carries no weight, although it will amuse many married men.

Another thing to avoid is bold claims about how you would handle an extreme situation. It is easy to discard a hypothetical wife for a single (if horrible) mistake, less easy to do so to someone you have spent half your life sharing everything with, especially when others you care about tremendously (kids) would get hurt in the process. You never really know how you are going to handle a situation until you get there, because you can never predict all of the factors, nor what your emotions will be at the moment.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:09 PM   #18
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Or put in simplier terms "Everyone is a f-ing expert..."
Old 04-07-2004, 01:32 PM   #19
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Well I was stating an opinion I never claimed to be an expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night

Samdari - I could be with a woman for 10 years and if she cheats it is over. There is nothing that will bring me back no matter what. If my kids cry about it so what they will understand when they get older about why I left. If you want to get back with her fine thats you. But for me it will always be in the back of my mind just waiting... Again I am aware I know nothing about marriage but if your wife cheated what would you do?

Ksyrup - I am still me. I was just speaking my mind and a topic I have seen people live thru.

Glengoyne - Thanks.

Remember I am no expert. Just giving an opinion....

Last edited by Noop : 04-07-2004 at 01:38 PM.
Noop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 02:24 PM   #20
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Well I was stating an opinion I never claimed to be an expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night

Samdari - I could be with a woman for 10 years and if she cheats it is over. There is nothing that will bring me back no matter what. If my kids cry about it so what they will understand when they get older about why I left. If you want to get back with her fine thats you. But for me it will always be in the back of my mind just waiting... Again I am aware I know nothing about marriage but if your wife cheated what would you do?

Nice response

Given what I said above here, the only answer I can give and be consistent is I don't know. But that is probably the truth. When I was younger and unmarried, I was of exactly the same mindset as you. Now that I have gone through the trials and tribulations of nearly 10 years with my wife (soon to be 7 years married) I do know that I could not callously throw it away. She means too much to me. It would hurt like hell, but throwing her out on her ass would not make it hurt any less. I would have to sit down and evaluate whether my life (and hers, and any potential kids) would be better by trying to stick together and build the trust back up, or by living without her. If life has tought me anything, it is that even situations we have imagined never play out quite like we imagined them, and that our reactions are not necesarily what we thought they'd be.

Besides, you express two radically different thoughts above. You say that you intend to make a commitment for FOREVER. That word implies unconditionality. You really mean "as long as she does not cheat on me."

I did not mean to be critical before either. I was once younger and knew everything.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:38 PM   #21
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Nice response

Given what I said above here, the only answer I can give and be consistent is I don't know. But that is probably the truth. When I was younger and unmarried, I was of exactly the same mindset as you. Now that I have gone through the trials and tribulations of nearly 10 years with my wife (soon to be 7 years married) I do know that I could not callously throw it away. She means too much to me. It would hurt like hell, but throwing her out on her ass would not make it hurt any less. I would have to sit down and evaluate whether my life (and hers, and any potential kids) would be better by trying to stick together and build the trust back up, or by living without her. If life has tought me anything, it is that even situations we have imagined never play out quite like we imagined them, and that our reactions are not necesarily what we thought they'd be.

Besides, you express two radically different thoughts above. You say that you intend to make a commitment for FOREVER. That word implies unconditionality. You really mean "as long as she does not cheat on me."

I did not mean to be critical before either. I was once younger and knew everything.

Well first I don't know everything if I did I would be rich and washing myself with money right now. The commitment is forever in a since that I won't break that bond we have. If choses for whatever reason to cheat with another man. She has broken our trust hence made the commitment null invoid. If she loved me the way I loved her she wouldn't do something like that now would she? People make mistakes yes this is very true but for in a relationship where I have held up my end of the bargin I don't have to forgive. Going back together I think would kill me inside due to that fact another man has been my wife while we were married. It may hurt like hell for awhile but I can't go back no matter because it will always be in the back of your mind. And she'll know what your thinking when she goes out with friends or whatever. All this is said without actually being in that position to make that call but I doubt I would change my view of her. Thank you you have brought up somethings I migth need to think about. As for the two radical views I am a scatter brain I tend to write alot of jargon that doesn't make sense to anyone but me.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:19 PM   #22
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:

People who get bored with their girlfriend/boyfriend have boring sex. People need to learn to be creative. After many years with one girl, I never got bored. If anything, it kept getting better and better. After awhile you leanr what th eother likes, so it becomes great sex all of the time....

Of course, this all ends when you get married. That's inherit in the system of marriage.

Last edited by sabotai : 04-07-2004 at 03:19 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 03:20 PM   #23
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:

at some point women get too fat to fit in the wonderwoman suit any more.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:26 PM   #24
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

noop

And he hates Notre Dame. Noop is very wise.

MC
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 04:08 PM   #25
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney
And he hates Notre Dame. Noop is very wise.

MC

Cmon now my brother from a different mother and father... you know me and you are cool as the other side of the pillow.