Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-10-2005, 09:33 PM   #101
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I'm kinda pissed. Man Utd is the team I want to manage as well. Well I've had some success with Marseille and Barcelona, Juventus, and Real Madrid came and offered me a job. Past experiences with Juventus in other CM games have made me despise them so I rejected that, Barcelona didnt look attractive, and Marseille's players got big heads and I didn't want to deal with all that so I went to Real Madrid. Next day, Man U manager retires. I think the game did it on purpose.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 10:41 PM   #102
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
I'm kinda pissed. Man Utd is the team I want to manage as well. Well I've had some success with Marseille and Barcelona, Juventus, and Real Madrid came and offered me a job. Past experiences with Juventus in other CM games have made me despise them so I rejected that, Barcelona didnt look attractive, and Marseille's players got big heads and I didn't want to deal with all that so I went to Real Madrid. Next day, Man U manager retires. I think the game did it on purpose.

Ouch, that is brutal
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:42 AM   #103
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Exciting dynasty related news today (sort of.) We did our taxes and don't owe nearly as much as we thought we did. Our anniversary is coming up soon, and usually I buy Mrs. Eaglesfan some expensive jewelry for our anniversary, but she really wants a new computer. I also want a new computer. So, we aren't getting each other much of anything except for a few small things and we are splurging on a top of the line computer. I just placed the order, and I'm going to be very tempted to try to transfer this dynasty from my laptop to that new computer. I usually watch TV while playing, but the new computer should be BLAZING fast.

Pentium 4 3.73 GHZ Hyperthreading, 4 GB of dual channel ram (she wants it to be modern for at least 5 years), along with a bunch of other great features (including the newest video card I could find.) Anyway, I'll have a tough decision of whether or not to give up the comfort of the couch for the blazing sim speeds that this new desktop could bring to FM

I do know that when I eventually start my next dynasty (which may not be until the next version of this game comes out), I'll be running more leagues than I've ever run before. However, that will be in the future, because I have no intention of leaving this dynasty until the next version of the game comes out or I get fired from Manchester United.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:36 AM   #104
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 30, 2012 -

Today I was asked to submit my list of 26 players for the English National Squad for our upcoming World Cup Qualifying match against Sweden.

I selected the following players:

GK: Chris Kirkland, Paul Robinson, and Chris Taylor

Defenders: Wayne Bridge, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Anthony Gardner, Glen Johnson, John Terry, Jonathan Woodgate, and Wes Brown (I know that is a lot of defenders )

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Joe Cole, Stewart Downing, Steven Gerrard, Owen Hargreaves, James Milner, Scott Parker, Nigel Reo-Cooker, and Shaun Wright-Phillips (Eagles is hurt or he would be on this list.)

Forwards: Shola Ameobi, Carlton Cole, Jermain Defoe, Luke Moore, Wayne Rooney, and Alan Smith.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:37 AM   #105
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

OOC Note: Being able to play at work is just too nice. I'll keep this dynasty on the laptop
Old 04-11-2005, 11:41 AM   #106
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug. 31, 2012 -

Middlesbrough has signed 22 year old Spanish Keeper Manu from us for 2 million dollars.

Many is very happy to move as he felt like being on the sidelines was comparable to being in hell. He is greatly relieved at having been sold.

The transfer deadline is today.

National News: Anthony Gardner was hurt in practice today and had to be removed from the national squad. I called up Craig King to replace him.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:04 PM   #107
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 1, 2012 -

Interesting, the press is "surprised" at my not choosing Jermaine Jenas to the national squad. Otherwise, they don't feel there are any real surprises.

Uh-oh, the board is only satisfied with my performance as manager. I can't blame them. It has been a disappointing first month of the season with us in 6th place.

Stewart Downing has won the EPL Player of the Month award. Wayne Rooney came in 2nd, and Djibril Cisse of Liverpool came in 3rd.

Coventry City's Wayne Worthington has won the EPL young Player of the month. Adriano came in 2nd, and Steve Edwards of Leeds came in 3rd.

Chelsea's Jose Mourinho has won the EPL Manager of the Month. Tony Colbert of Liverpool came in 2nd, and Steve Coppell of Fulham came in 3rd.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:06 PM   #108
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 4, 2012 -

Salva and Babriele Marchetti have been called up to Italy's U21 Squad.

Jamie Cook and Michael Wood have been called up to England's U21 squad.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:11 PM   #109
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 4, 2012 -

Tim Howard played well for the USA in their 2-0 win over El Salvador in the World Cup Qualifying match.

"An unnamed ex-England star admitted to the press that he is worried about England's Chances of beating Sweden at Rasunda on Wednesday. The former international commented that getting the better of Sweden would be a difficult task and he was interested to see how Christopher Engles would appraoch the World Cup European Qualifying Section match."
Old 04-11-2005, 12:23 PM   #110
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 4, 2012 -

Today I'm coaching the England U21 game against Sweden's U21 team in the Euro U21 Championship Qualifying match.

It's 50 degrees and sunny out here in Sweden.

GK: Jon Hooper
DL: Ryan Miller
DC: Danny Cox (the same one that didn't want to come play for me)
DC: Martin Scott
DR: Lee Roberts
ML: John Hall (very impressive looking young left winger, who is unfortunately the property of Chelsea.)
MC: Michael Wood
MC: Jamie Cook (my only two guys starting on the squad)
MR: Matthew Harvey
FC: Wayne Worthington
FC: Gavin Lynch

S1: Ryan Warner
S2: Luke Clark
S3: Steve Turner
S4: Steve Wilson
S5: Ian Robson
S6: Paul Taylor
S7: Bob Wright (also one of my guys)

Paul Kelly is going to be an unused sub, but he is also one of my guys.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:38 PM   #111
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Harvey tries a long strike from the right wing that sails over the bar.

13 minute mark: Worthington with a long curving shot.. the keeper blocks it.. Lynch passes the rebound to Cook.. he shoots.. hard shot.. upper right corner.. over the bar.

28 minute mark: Wood with a long range shot.. the keeper saves it.

44 minute mark: Cook passes it to Wood just outside the box.. long range shot.. the keeper saves it.

Halftime: 0-0 tie.

49 minute mark: Cox passes to Cook at midfield.. he passes it long to Worthington just outside the box.. Worthington turns on the speed.. dribbles to his left.. shoots a powerful shot to the upper left corner around the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

53 minute mark: Harvey intercepts a pass.. passes it long to Lynch in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOal.. offside goal on Lynch. The goal is disallowed.

58 minute mark: Martin Scott trips Maimberg (a Swedish striker) in the box.. whistle.. penalty awarded.. Hagberg steps up.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL. 1-1 tie.

59 minute mark: I put my man Bob Wright on for Lynch who is tired. I also put Luke Clark on for Hall at left wing since he is tired.

88 minute mark: Clark takes it down the left wing, he crosses it to Harvey by the far post.. Harvey with a header.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1!

Game over. 2-1 win for us

We outshot them 18-2 (10-2 on target)

Their keeper, Peter Karlsson, won MoM.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:43 PM   #112
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 4, 2012 -

Salva played well for Italy in their 5-0 win over Estonia. Salva had a goal and an assist. Not bad for a centreback. Gabriele Marchetti also played well in this match.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:46 PM   #113
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 5, 2012 -

Today we play in Sweden in my first World Cup Qualifying match. It's an exciting time.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 50's.

GK: Kirkland
DL: Cole, Ashley
DC: Terry
DC: Ferdinand
DR: Brown
ML: Downing
MC: Cole
MC: Gerrard
MR: Milner
SC: Rooney
SC: Moore

S1: Robinson
s2: Woodgate
S3: Hargreaves
S4: Bridge
S5: Parker
S6: Smith
S7: Defoe
Old 04-11-2005, 01:12 PM   #114
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Downing burns three defenders.. dribbles into the box.. draws one of the centrebacks over to him.. passes it around the defenders to the near post.. Rooney heads it.. into the upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

17 minute mark: Downing crosses it to the far post.. Gerrard heads it.. over the bar.

23 minute mark: Terry with a few nice defensive plays.

41 minute mark: Kirkland with an acrobatic save on a breakaway.

45 minute mark: Kirkland stops a long range shot.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for England. There are over 32,000 fans here today.

54 minute mark: Rooney dribbles between two defenders into the box.. shoots.. over the bar.

62 minute mark: Alan Smith on for Luke Moore, and Scott Parker on for Gerrard.

77 minute mark: Downing dribbles past two defenders into the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. good save by the keeper.

86 minute mark: Brown with a good defensive play.

88 minute mark: Downing dribbles down the left side of the pitch.. crosses it to Rooney by the near post.. he heads it.. into the left goal post! The defense clears the rebound.

Game over. 1-0 win for us.

We outshot them 31-5 (15-3 on target)

Rooney won MoM, 10 for form, 29 of 36 passes, 1 of 3 tackles, 6 of 13 headers, 2 interceptions, 9 runs, 1 goal.

Joe Cole and Stewart Downing also had 10's. The rest of the team had 7's except for Wes Brown who had an 8.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:13 PM   #115
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 5, 2012 -

The following roundup is all from World Cup Qualifying play:

Darren Fletcher had an assist for Scotland in their 3-0 win over Kazakhstan.

Zdenek Grygera played well for the Czech Republic, but they tied Croatia 0-0.

John O'Shea played brilliantly for Ireland in their 3-1 win over Macedonia. Damien Duff just played ok.

Cristian Chivu played very well for Romania in their 1-0 win over Hungaria.

Dalibor Stevanovic played ok for Slovenia in their 1-0 win over Northern Ireland.

Tim Howard played very well for the USA in their 4-0 win over Cuba.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:32 PM   #116
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 7, 2012 -

Aston Villa suffered a serious blow today when Ciprian Marica broke his leg in multiple places. He will miss 6-7 months of the season.

Paul Scholes told the press today before our game against them tomorrow that "Manchester United is playing great football and that if they maintain their great form, it would be difficult for anyone to stop them."

I decide not to respond to that comment.

Sep 8, 2012 -

Today we host Coventry in a televised match. They are 10th in the EPL. We are in 6th place. Their keeper, Paul Anderson has been playing phenomenal football early in the year. Their defense has been very solid, led by the play of Titus Bramble. Tehir midfield has been good with Richie Partridge and Gareth Williams leading the way. Striker Wayne Worthington (the same one that just scored for me in the U21 match) has played very well so far, and has 3 goals on the year in 3 starts.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It is sunny with temperatures in the 70's.

GK: Howard
DL: chivu
DC: Lucio
DR: Grygera
MC: Stevanovic
MC: Fletcher
MR: schreurs
SC: King
SC: Adriano

S1: Taylor
S2: Mamam
S3: Salva
S4: Ortega
S5: Smith
Old 04-11-2005, 02:40 PM   #117
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Exciting dynasty related news today (sort of.) We did our taxes and don't owe nearly as much as we thought we did. Our anniversary is coming up soon, and usually I buy Mrs. Eaglesfan some expensive jewelry for our anniversary, but she really wants a new computer. I also want a new computer. So, we aren't getting each other much of anything except for a few small things and we are splurging on a top of the line computer. I just placed the order, and I'm going to be very tempted to try to transfer this dynasty from my laptop to that new computer. I usually watch TV while playing, but the new computer should be BLAZING fast.

Pentium 4 3.73 GHZ Hyperthreading, 4 GB of dual channel ram (she wants it to be modern for at least 5 years), along with a bunch of other great features (including the newest video card I could find.) Anyway, I'll have a tough decision of whether or not to give up the comfort of the couch for the blazing sim speeds that this new desktop could bring to FM

I do know that when I eventually start my next dynasty (which may not be until the next version of this game comes out), I'll be running more leagues than I've ever run before. However, that will be in the future, because I have no intention of leaving this dynasty until the next version of the game comes out or I get fired from Manchester United.

With a 3.2GhzHT P4 Processor and a 2GMRAM, FM2005 is totally awesome. I got alot of leagues, and it really adds alot more game. It's pretty fun to actually see the European cup competitions play with teams actually in games, and gives national squads alot more talent, as well as alot more to scout. What brand are you looking at?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:44 PM   #118
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

10 minute mark: Downing with a corner.. kicks it towards the far post.. Adriano heads it.. good save by the keeper.

15 minute mark: Howard stops an Ameobi breakaway.

30 minute mark: They are keeping 8 and 9 men back to stifle our offense.

37 minute mark: Chivu starts a counter attack.. long pass to King.. he centers it for Adriano in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. good save by the keeper.

42 minute mark: Downing passes to King in the left side of the box.. he shoots.. the keeper punches it over the bar.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We have over 68,000 fans here today.

48 minute mark: Downing crosses to Stevanovic.. he shoots.. it hits the right goal post and bounces back.

62 minute mark: Downing has picked up an injury, I put Mamam on for him. King is tired, I put Smith on for him.

80 minute mark: Schreurs with a hard shot.. it hits the right goal post!

87 minute mark: Mamam crosses it to the far post.. Adriano heads it.. over the bar.

88 minute mark: Stevanovic passes it to smith in the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

91 minute mark: Fletcher passes to Mamam.. he crosses it to the right side of the box to Adriano.. Adriano shoots the powerful angled shot.. upper left corner.. it's past the keeper.. into the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0! That is Adriano's first goal of the year.

Game over. 1-0 win for us We needed that win.

We outshot them 12-6 (3-2 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 9 for form, 12 of 20 passes, 0 of 1 tackles, 3 of 8 headers, 13 runs, 1 foul drawn.

Howard had an 8.

Everyone else had a 7 for form.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:47 PM   #119
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
With a 3.2GhzHT P4 Processor and a 2GMRAM, FM2005 is totally awesome. I got alot of leagues, and it really adds alot more game. It's pretty fun to actually see the European cup competitions play with teams actually in games, and gives national squads alot more talent, as well as alot more to scout. What brand are you looking at?

It's already in production. We ordered a Dell. Mrs. Eaglesfan and I were going to wait until after we purchased the house, but due to some excellent work by our tax lawyer, we owe MUCH less than we thought we would owe. Therefore, with our current budgeting being very good to be on schedule (and actually ahead of schedule) for the house, we decided to splurge on a super computer for our combined anniversary gift. Except, Mrs. Eaglesfan wanted it sooner rather than later, so we ordered it last night. It should be here at least a week before our anniversary.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:29 PM   #120
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep. 10, 2012 -

Today the odds for the Champions League were posted. Real Madrid are favorites at 4-1 odds. We are second with 5-1 odds. Milan has 7-1 odds. Chelsea and Zaragoza(!?!) have 11-1 odds. Liverpool has 12-1 odds.

(OOC Note: On Call tonight, but hoping for a quiet call with plenty of FM. Also, I have received word that my computer shipped today and should be here between Friday and Monday.)
Old 04-12-2005, 06:37 PM   #121
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 11, 2012 -

Today we travel to play PAOK in our first group stage Champions League Match. PAOK is a decent team led by centreback Christos Karypidis. Midfielder Labros Charalabos Vangelis is a decent player. Striker Petros Spyropoulos is an average striker. Spyros Papagiannopoulous is a decent keeper. We should be able to handle this team without too much trouble.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 70's today.

I'm going with a risky line-up...

DL: Schmidt (in his debut)
DC: Salva (in his debut as well.)
ML: Duff
MC: Parker
MC: Cook
MR: Schreurs
SC: Smith

S2: Lucio
S3: Marchetti
S5: O'Shea
S6: Adriano
S7: wood
Old 04-12-2005, 06:55 PM   #122
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

7 minute mark: Salva starts the counter attack.. long pass to Duff on the left wing.. he passes it Smith just outside the box.. Smith dribbles into the box.. shoots from 15 yards out on right side of the box.. upper left corner... it's past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

19 minute mark: Smith gets a yellow card for a trip on Makris.

35 minute mark: Salva with a good defensive play.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. They have over 28,500 fans here today.

58 minute mark: Duff passes to Cook.. hard shot from 25 yards out.. curving.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. and catches it.

60 minute mark: Schmidt with a good tackle just outside the box.

61 minute mark: Corner kick to the far post for PAOK.. Manikas with a header.. Howard blocks it. Vasileou gets the rebound.. shoots.. upper right corner. GOAL. 1-1.

I put Adriano on for King who is tired. Also, I put Ortega on for Duff who has picked up a minor injury.

68 minute mark: Parker passes it to Adriano in the left side of the box.. he fakes out a defender.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1.

81 minute mark: Ferdinand with a long pass to Adriano just outside the box.. he fakes out a defender.. dribbles past another defender.. into the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1. Adriano's second goal in 15 minutes.

Game over. 3-1 win for us.

We outshot them 9-8 (5-3 on target)

Adriano wins MoM, 8 for form, 7 of 7 passes, 0 tackles, 1 of 2 headers, 4 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 2 goals.

Howard, Brown, Ferdinand, Parker, and cook also had 8's.

The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:56 PM   #123
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We were given 400,000 dollars for that win.

Damien Duff injured his wrist and will miss about a week.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:12 PM   #124
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 15, 2012 -

Today we travel to play Southampton in an EPL Match. We are currently 4th in the EPL while Southampton is 13th. Left winger Jorge Pina has been their most consistent performer so far this season. Keeper Simon Jentzsch is also playing very well. Centreback Danny Higginbotham remains an effective player. Right winger Johan Absalonsen is the leading scorer with 2 goals. He also plays striker at times.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 60's.

DL: Silvestre
DC: Chivu
MC: Djemba
MC: Fletcher
MR: Eagles

S2: Wood
S5: McFadden
Old 04-12-2005, 07:31 PM   #125
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

9 minute mark: Eagles crosses the ball to the center of the box.. Rooney heads it.. over the bar.

12 minute mark: Higginbotham gets a yellow card for tripping Rooney.

20 minute mark: Rooney with a long range curving shot.. barely wide right.

44 minute mark: Djemba passes to Rooney in the box.. he is running parallel to the endline.. shoots.. that amazing shot parallel to the endline.. it curves.. the keeper saves it!

Halftime: 0-0 tie. They have over 32,000 fans here today.

75 minute mark: Howard with a series of brilliant saves. Downing is injured and has to leave the pitch. I put James McFadden in at left wing.

I also put Wood on for Djemba.

80 minute mark: Adriano with a 2 footed tackle on Higginbotham.. Adriano gets a yellow card.

86 minute mark: McFadden crosses it over Rooney's head and over the sideline.

92 minute mark: Fletcher passes to McFadden in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper pushes it over the bar.

Game over. Another disappointing 0-0 loss. Chelsea is running away with the league so far. They have won every game.

We outshot them 16-10 (8-4 on target)

Their keeper, Simon Jentzsch, won MoM, 9 for form with 8 very good saves.

Howard, Lucio, Chivu, Eagles, Downing, and Rooney all had 8's for form. The rest of the team had 7's for form.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:43 PM   #126
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Richard Money has been sacked by Manchester City.

Stewart Downing has suffered a sprained ankle and he will be out for 4 weeks or so.

I'm thinking it might be time to throw a new formation out there, particularly with Downing's injury.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:51 PM   #127
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 17, 2012 -

I decide to break out a 4-3-1-2 that I've been toying with for a while. I've got the guys practicing it in anticipation of using it our next game.

Liverpool beats Chelsea 4-1! With that win Liverpool takes over 1st place. Liverpool has 19 points after 7 games, Chelsea has 18 points, and we only have 13 points. We'll need to make up ground soon.

ROFL. After the match, Liverpool's Tony Colbert said that Chelsea having any chance of winning the EPL Title is laughable. Nice to see Colbert pick on chelsea for once.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:03 PM   #128
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 18, 2012 -

Lucio and Rooney were selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

John Ward has been hired as the new manager at Manchester City. This 61 year old manager left Nottingham Forest to take over this job.

The guys are operating my new offense well in practice. I'm cautiously optimistic that this will translate into actual game play..
Old 04-12-2005, 08:13 PM   #129
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 21, 2012 -

The third round draw of the English League Cup went very well today as we will be hosting Cambridge at our pitch. They are currently 18th in League Two.

Adriano has come into my office and told me that he would like a new contract. I told him I would consider it if he picks up his play.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:20 PM   #130
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 22, 2012 -

Today we host Blackburn in an EPL Match. They are 17th in the EPL while we are in 3rd place. Today I'm using my new formation. Blackburn is led by right fullback Brett Emerton who is a very versatile player. Midfielder Jozef Adam is a solid player. Centreback Petri Pasanen is a good defender. Striker Michael Perry leads the team with 2 goals. Keeper Samir Handanovic is a decent keeper.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the mid 50's.

DL: Chivu
AMC: Adriano
SC: McFadden

Old 04-12-2005, 08:29 PM   #131
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Schreurs crosses it to the middle of the box.. Adriano with a diving header.. just wide right.

21 minute mark: McFadden passes to Duff in the left side of the box.. he shoots.. wide right.

35 minute mark: McFadden with a free kick from outside the box.. hard shot.. it hits the crossbar.

Halftime: 0-0 tie We have over 91,000 fans here today.

56 minute mark: Duff passes it to Stevanovic just outside the box.. he shoots.. the keeper tips it wide.

65 minute mark: Smith on for King. Ortega on for Duff.

84 minute mark: Ortega shoots.. a defender blocks it and sends it wide of the net.

87 minute mark: Chivu passes to Stevanovic who shoots a hard powerful curving shot.. the keeper saves it.

Game over. 0-0 tie I'm astounded. Last year, we had the best offense in the league. This year we are struggling to score goals

We outshot them 13-1 (8-0 on target)

Their keeper won MoM, 9 for form, with 8 saves.

Schreurs and Chivu had 8's for form. Everyone else had a 7 for form.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:28 PM   #132
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Sep 21, 2012 -

The third round draw of the English League Cup went very well today as we will be hosting Cambridge at our pitch. They are currently 18th in League Two.

Adriano has come into my office and told me that he would like a new contract. I told him I would consider it if he picks up his play.

Better beat them.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:20 PM   #133
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 26, 2012 -

Today we host Gorica in a Champions League Match. I'm using the new formation again. If it isn't explosive this game, I'll be tempted to scratch it. Gorica is just an average team with strikers Rok Brajic and Valter Birsa being their best players. Right fullback Denis Kostic is a good defender, but he is injured for this game. Keeper Bostkan Kralj is good. The rest of the team is average or slightly worse. This is a team from Slovenia.

We are 1-6 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 40's.

MC: Parker

S6: Salva
S7: Cook
Old 04-12-2005, 10:35 PM   #134
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Schreurs with a hard shot from 25 yards out.. the keeper blocks it.. the rebound goes to Parker.. he shoots.. it deflects off a defender.. rolls towards the left goal post.. McFadden gets to it.. shoots.. upper left corner! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

8 minute mark: Duff crosses to Adriano.. he hads it.. into the goal.. Adriano jumped unfairly with the defender.. the goal is nullified.

36 minute mark: Parker passes to Schreurs outside the box.. he shoots from 25 yards out.. strong curving shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0!

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us. We have over 67,000 fans here today.

53 minute mark: Duff dribbles it past his man.. crosses it to Adriano in the box.. he heads it.. over the bar.

62 minute mark: cook on for Parker, Salva on for Ferdinand, and Smith on for McFadden who is tired.

87 minute mark: Long pass from Chivu to King on the right side of the box.. he centers it to Adriano.. Adriano dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

89 minute mark: Long pass from Salva to Smith on the left wing.. Salva centers it for Adriano.. he runs up.. diving header.. into the upper left corner! GOAL!!!! 4-0.

Game over. 4-0 win for us.

We outshot them 15-0 (8-0 on target)

Duff wins MoM, 10 for form, 29 of 39 passes, 6 of 6 tackles, 2 of 3 headers, 19 runs, and 1 foul drawn.

Chivu, Schreurs, and Adriano all had 9's for form.

Brown, Lucio, and McFadden all had 8's for form. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:55 PM   #135
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 29, 2012 -

Today we travel to play Millwall. They are in 17th place in the EPL while we are in 5th. Millwall has a good team led by new keeper Maurizio Tommasi who has been playing very well so far this season. Unfortunately, his defense has only been average. Simon Marshall has been decent, but the rest of the defensive line has been below average. Striker Simeon Jackson and attacking midfielder Gary Dempsey have led the offense. Nyron Nosworthy has played well on the right wing.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 70's.

DC: Salva
MC: Djemba
AMC: Fletcher (he will be more of a distributor as opposed to when Adriano is at the position.)

S4: Cook
Old 04-12-2005, 11:20 PM   #136
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: Fletcher trips Otti.. He gets a yellow card.

5 minute mark: Djemba with a long range shot.. the keeper blocks it.

15 minute mark: Fletcher passes it to Duff on the left wing.. he dribbles down the left sideline.. crosses it to the center of the box.. Rooney heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

33 minute mark: Hard shot from Djemba.. it hits the crossbar.

36 minute mark: Good defensive play by Salva.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. They have over 19,000 fans packing the stadium.

55 minute mark: Fletcher with a free kick.. passes it to Adriano 30 yards away from goal.. Adriano passes a great leading ball for Rooney just outside the box.. he dribbles into the box.. shoots.. powerful shot.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0! That is Rooney's second of the game.

60 minute mark: Smith on for Adriano who is tired, and Cook on for Fletcher. Also, I put Marchetti in for Ferdinand.

82 minute mark: Howard stops a flurry of shots.

Game over. 2-0 win for us.

We each had 12 shots, we had 6 on target, but they had 5 on target.

Duff wins MoM, 8 for form, 26 of 34 passes, 2 of 3 tackles, 4 of 10 headers, 3 interceptions, 11 runs, 5 fouls drawn, and 1 assist.

Every starter except for Fletcher and Adriano had an 8. Fletcher and Adriano both had 7's.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:46 PM   #137
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 30, 2012 -

Journalists have written that they think Damien Duff is past his prime and shouldn't be playing so often for our first team. I must admit that his skills are starting to fade, but he still performs well at times and is my second best option at left wing.

Oct 1, 2012 -

The board is just satisfied with my performance.

Djibril Cisse has won the EPL Player of the Month. Edgar Barreto of Leicester came in 2nd, and Daniel Bierofka of Aston Villa came in 3rd.

Leed's Nick Porter has won the EPL Young Player of the Month. Ian Robson of Newcastle came in 2nd, and Simon Marshall of Millwall came in 3rd.

Liverpool's tony Colbert won Manager of the Month. Jose Mourinho of Chelsea came in 2nd, and Bruce Arena of Aston Villa came in 3rd.

Salva has told the Daily Mirror that he is having difficulty settling in at Manchester, and he is finding that there is a major cultural shock.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:49 PM   #138
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 3, 2012 -

Today we host Manchester City. We are currently in 4th while they are in 19th place. They are led by midfielder Said Boutahar who is having a superb year so far. Striker Benjamin Lauth is the leading scorer with 3 goals. Damien Delaney is the leading defender of a relatively weak defensive line. Keeper Libis Andres Arenas is very talented, but he could crack if we pepper him with enough shots.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 40's.

DL: Schmidt
DC: Marchetti
ML: Alfonso (he is developing nicely)

S3: O'Shea
S4: Cook
Old 04-13-2005, 12:06 AM   #139
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Schreurs with a corner kick.. King heads it.. over the bar.

22 minute mark: Stevanovic passes it to Adriano in the box.. he dribbles one step.. shoots.. upper right corner.. good save by the keeper.

39 minute mark: Marchetti passes to Alfonso who passes to McFadden in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper punches it over the bar.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We have over 91,000 fans here to watch us play our rivals.

52 minute mark: Howard stops two quick shots.

62 minute mark: Adriano is having a bad game. I put Cook on for him. I also put Smith on for McFadden.

72 minute mark: Alfonso passes it to Smith who is left of the box.. he plays a perfect cross for King who is 15 yards out.. King with a powerful strike... upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

76 minute mark: Alfonso passes to Stevanovic just outside the box.. hard shot.. upper left corner.. great save by the keeper.

81 minute mark: Schmidt starts the counter attack.. passes it to Smith on the left wing.. he passes it to Cook in the box.. Cook burns a defender.. shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. it is past him! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Game over. 2-0 win for us.

We outshot them 14-4 (7-3 on target)

Alfonso won MoM, 8 for form, 26 of 33 passes, 0 tackles, 4 of 6 headers, 1 interception, 3 runs, 3 fouls drawn.

Howard, Grygera, and Schmidt all had 8's as well. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:50 AM   #140
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Game over. Another disappointing 0-0 loss.
I absotively, posolutely HATE those.
Quote:
I'm astounded. Last year, we had the best offense in the league. This year we are struggling to score goals
Are you meeting up with the SuperGoalies? You still seem to be getting shots and getting them on target.

Good to see some wins in recent games as well.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 04:46 AM   #141
Desnudo
Coordinator

I think it's an unlucky phase. I went through 5-6 matches in a row last season where the opposition's keeper rated 8 or higher. It seems to happen from time to time in FM. Fortunately it also happens to AI teams.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:51 AM   #142
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
I think it's an unlucky phase. I went through 5-6 matches in a row last season where the opposition's keeper rated 8 or higher. It seems to happen from time to time in FM. Fortunately it also happens to AI teams.

Hopefully, that is all it is. We haven't lost any games, but we have quite a few ties and are falling behind Chelsea and Liverpool fast.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:52 AM   #143
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola, I do think Smith's age is starting to catch up with him, and I think my decision to make him mostly a bench guy this year was probably a good call.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:22 PM   #144
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 5, 2012 -

Today I coach England U21 squad in their game against Andorra. We significantly outclass them and this English U21 championship Group Game should be a blow out in our favor.

We are using the same lineup as last time except that Jamie Cook is injured and won't be starting. One of my other midfielders, Paul Kelly will start at midfield instead.

Lineup:

GK: Jon Hooper
DL: Ryan Miller
DC: Danny Cox (the same one that didn't want to come play for me)
DC: Martin Scott
DR: Lee Roberts
ML: John Hall (very impressive looking young left winger, who is unfortunately the property of Chelsea.)
MC: Michael Wood
MC: Paul Kelly (my only two guys starting on the squad)
MR: Matthew Harvey
FC: Wayne Worthington
FC: Gavin Lynch

S1: Ryan Warner
S2: Luke Clark
S3: Steve Turner
S4: Steve Wilson
S5: Ian Robson
S6: Paul Taylor
S7: Bob Wright (also one of my guys)
Old 04-16-2005, 11:46 PM   #145
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

8 minute mark: Corner kick from Hall to Martin Scott outside the box.. he shoots from 25 yards out.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

15 minute mark: Paul Kelly with a pass from 30 yards out to Worthington in the box.. he fakes out a defender.. dribbles to the right side of the box.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

23 minute mark: Harvey with a cross from the right side.. Paul Kelly with a diving header by the near post.. he connects.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

30 minute mark: Wood passes to Worthington inside the left side of the box.. he shoots from the far left side of the box.. excellent strike.. sailing to the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

32 minute mark: Kelly passes it to Worthington in the box.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!!! 5-0! That is Worthington's hattrick!

37 minute mark: Hall passes it to Worthington inside the left half of the box.. strong strike.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!!! 6-0! That is Worthington's 4th goal of the game!

39 minute mark: Kelly passes it to Lynch on the right side of the box.. Lynch centers it back to Kelly who has a diving header.. upper left corner... GOAL!!!! 7-0!

42 minute mark: Hall crosses it for Worthington in the center of the box.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it!

44 minute mark: Worthington gets the ball from Hall otuside the box.. he passes it back Hall just inside the left corner of the box.. Hall shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 8-0.

Halftime: 8-0 lead. Only 8900 fans at the match

57 minute mark: Wright on for Lynch. Taylor on for Wood, and Harrison on at right wing.

66 minute mark: Worthington passes it to Wright in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 9-0!

80 minute mark: Hall crosses it from the left wing.. Worthinton dives.. heads it.. into the upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 10-0. That is his 5th goal!

89 minute mark: Hall takes it up the left side of the patch.. he crosses it for the far post.. Wright heads it.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 11-0. That is Wright's second of the match.

Game over. 11-0 win! What a great win. Hopefully, the national team can do as well as tomorrow as the media expects us to demolish this team.

We outshot them 30-0 (16-0 on target)

Wayne Worthington won MoM, 10 for form, 19 of 21 passes, 0 tackles, 3 0f 5 headers, 1 interception, 5 runs, 2 fouls drawn, 1 assist, and 5 goals.

Except for the keeper and Danny Cox, every starter had a 10 for form!

Cox had a 9 for form, and Jon Hooper the keeper had a 7.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:53 PM   #146
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 6, 2012 -

Today we play against Andorra in what should be an easy World Cup Qualifying match. The media expects us to win big today and, anything less would be very disappointing.

GK: Kirkland
DL: Ashley Cole
DC: Woodgate
ML: Joe Cole (due to Downing being injured)
MC: Milner
MC: Gerrard
SC: Moore

S1: Robinson
S2: Bridge
S3: Cole
S4: Gardner
S5: Parker
S6: Smith
S7: Defoe
Old 04-16-2005, 11:59 PM   #147
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

1 season, 84 million dollars to real madrid, $3m signing bonus with 170k/week salary and iker casillas has signed with chelsea.

my board is crazy. starting with ~94mil transfer budget and they gave me another 77mil not 2 months later...

gotta find a killer right winger to pair with arjen robben
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 12:15 AM   #148
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Cole passes it to Rooney in the far left side of the box.. Rooney shoots from long distance.. upper right corner.. Vicious shot by Rooney! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

20 minute mark: Rooney steals the ball from their centerback 15 yards away from goal.. Rooney takes one step.. shoots.. over the keeper's left shoulder.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

28 minute mark: Eagles crosses it to Milner just outside the box.. Milner shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0!

31 minute mark: Eagles passes it to Joe Cole just outside the box.. Cole shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

44 minute mark: Milner passes it to Rooney just inside the box.. he shoots a hard curving shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 5-0! That is Rooney's hattrick!

Halftime: 5-0 lead. We have over 78,000 fans here at Wembley watching the match today.

50 minute mark: Joe Cole passes it to Moore in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 6-0.

I decide to give Rooney rest, and I put the third cole on the roster in at striker. However, I put Wayne Bridge in for Ashley Cole. I also put Scott Parker in for Gerrard.

57 minute mark: Joe Cole passes it to Carlton Cole inside the left half of the box.. he shoots.. hard shot.. the keeper blocks it.. Moore gets the rebound.. fires it into the right side of the net! GOAL!!!! 7-0.

80 minute mark: Carlton Cole steals the ball inside the box from the centreback.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 8-0.

89 minute mark: Eagles crosses it to Moore in the middle of the box.. he hits it on the half-volley.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 9-0. That is Moore's hattrick.

90 minute mark: Joe Cole steals it at midfield.. passes it to Carlton Cole just outside the box.. he dribbles into the box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 10-0.

Game over. 10-0 win for us.

We outshot them 36-2 (23-0 on target)

Rooney won MoM, 10 for form, 8 of 8 passes, 0 tackles, 2 of 5 headers, 3 interceptions, 5 runs, 1 foul drawn, 3 goals.

Eagles, Joe Cole, James Milner Luke Moore, and Carlton Cole also had 10's for form.

Wes Brown, Ferdinand, and Woodgate all had 9's.

Steven Gerrard had an 8. The keeper and the other 2 subs had 7's.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:17 AM   #149
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst
1 season, 84 million dollars to real madrid, $3m signing bonus with 170k/week salary and iker casillas has signed with chelsea.

my board is crazy. starting with ~94mil transfer budget and they gave me another 77mil not 2 months later...

gotta find a killer right winger to pair with arjen robben

Yeah, Chelsea can be a very fun team to manage

I don't know how is developing in your career or what year you are in, but if it is 2009 or later, I recommend you take a look at Christopher Eagles. He isn't a killer right winger, but he does nicely. Jeroen Schruers has also really impressed me. Of course, I am a bit biased
Old 04-17-2005, 12:25 AM   #150
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

The media is very impressed with the style and verve shown in this demolition with Andorra.

The 10-0 win was a new record for the English National Team

International roundup (All WC qualifying matches):

Damien Duff played well for Ireland and had an assist in their 2-1 win over Norway. John O'Shea also played well in this match.

Zdenek Grygera played well for the Czech Republic in their 4-0 win over Malta.

James McFadden played well, but Scotland ended up tying Switzerland 0-0. Darren Fletcher played ok in this match.

Dalibor Stevanovic played well for Slovenia and had an assist in their 3-1 win over russia.

Tim Howard played well, but was rarely challenged in the a 3-0 win for the USA over El Salvador.