Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #501
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I have a Defense Grid key that I don't need and am happy to give to somebody.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #503
Grover
Pro Starter

Portal 2 for $5? Hell yes.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #504
mckerney
Coordinator

Pro Cycling Manager 2012 is $19.99 for another 3 hours.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #505
bhlloy
Coordinator

Couldn't pass up on Pro Cycling Manager at that price, but the manual is corrupt through Steam which is annoying as hell. Anyone had any luck getting to the manual/downloading it? I get a ton of Adobe Acrobat errors and then crash.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #506
weegeebored
High School Varsity

I checked to see if I could download and view it. Works fine for me, but I'm using PDF Xchange and not Adobe as my reader. PM me with your email and I can send it if you'd like.

Last edited by weegeebored : 07-21-2012 at 06:14 PM.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #507
mckerney
Coordinator

The manual opens fine for me in Chrome's PDF viewer. Any luck opening this link with Chrome if you can.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #508
bhlloy
Coordinator

That worked fine, thanks. Seems to be a different link from the one in Steam.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #509
bhlloy
Coordinator

A newb question that I didn't see covered - how do you make money/avoid bankruptcy?

I've started a few test games and been in the red after a couple months each time. Is it purely rewards for winning races/meeting your sponsors goals or am I doing something horribly wrong? Seems like I usually start with just enough balance to cover one month of rider salary and after a preseason training camp I'm in trouble by the time February rolls around
Old 07-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #510
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

you guys who just bought PCM will want to hit up pcmdaily.com for real-name databases and tips
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:49 PM   #511
Qrusher14242
High School JV

anyone play Driver SF? been reading theres some freezing issues having to do with the DRM.

I passed on Driver...lots of bad DRM with that one. I got Burnout Ultimate Box instead but cant play it

Seems Valve ran out of cd keys and a lot of people can't play it. Sucks

Last edited by Qrusher14242 : 07-22-2012 at 04:03 AM.
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #512
whomario
Pro Starter

I jumped on it with 30 seconds to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
you guys who just bought PCM will want to hit up pcmdaily.com for real-name databases and tips

can you (or anyone) tell me if iīm missing sth or if it isnīt possible : I want to sim ahead a couple weeks or even a full season but canīt find a possibility to do it, all i can do is sim 1 day

Also, i downloaded the expansion pack with mirrors and the files seem messed up. I then seem to have fixed them and installed them but canīt choose the Database in the options I can however choose the different variants for the TDF when doing a stage race, so the install seems to have worked .

@ bhlloy : What team do you go with ? And did you start on easy, normal or hard ? On "hard", youīll loose money unless you get pretty good prize money (on normal the budget should at least cover the salary, on easy you have extra to spend)

Unfortunately you can only see the prize money for stages in the calendar, not for the whole race
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 07-22-2012 at 05:54 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #513
Ryan S
Quarterback

Are there any decent tutorials or beginners guides for Pro Cycling Manager?
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #514
Qrusher14242
High School JV

Well i just finished buying my last game of the sale. Here's the damage heh

Portal 2 $5
Crusader Kings II $9.99
Crusader Kings II Sword of Islam $2
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb $2
Hard Reset: Extended Edition $3.74
Toy Soliders $3
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic $2.75
Left 4 Dead 1+2 $10
Europa Universalis III $7
Railworks 3: Train Simulator 2012 $4
The Longest Journy $2.75
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $5
Burnout: The Ultimate Box $4
Dungeon Defenders Lost Eternia Shards Complete DLC $3.75
Galactic Civilizations II $5
Divine Divinity $3.99

Total $71.98

Not bad...was hoping for some other games to go on sale, but there were so many repeats in this sale. I liked the Chrismas Sale better, i miss the achievements

edit: forgot about portal 2 heh

Last edited by Qrusher14242 : 07-22-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #515
Thomkal
Head Coach

My damage was Legend of Grimrock and then just now Galactic Civilizations II. Great deal on that one-two or three expansion packs plus the original game.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #516
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

My wallet
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #517
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

dola -

I really want to bite on Bioshock today as I have never played it. But I think I have too much.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #518
rjolley
College Starter

Has anyone played Airline Tycoon 2? Doesn't look like it's a good buy at $20, but at $7, it might be...
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #519
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
My wallet
It's good to be a PC gamer.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #520
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frnk55 View Post
It's good to be a PC gamer.

The hardest part is figuring out which one to play
Old 07-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #521
Qrusher14242
High School JV

man, Super Meat Boy is fun. i forgot i got in a Bundle a while back
Old 07-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #522
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
dola -

I really want to bite on Bioshock today as I have never played it. But I think I have too much.

One of my favorites games.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #523
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242 View Post
man, Super Meat Boy is fun. i forgot i got in a Bundle a while back

Interestingly enough I fired this one up randomly last night. I only really play it for 20-30 mins maybe every couple of months, but it's a great little time waster.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #524
cschex
High School Varsity

SMB is fun and really hard. Even though I had played that a lot, I hadn't picked up Binding of Isaac until this sale and I am now totally hooked. Love the twisted sense of humor of this game and it's definitely a challenge.
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #525
Qrusher14242
High School JV

yeah Isaac is a great game, just wish it wasnt in flash. I suck at it, but its fun to play heh
Old 07-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #526
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

just ended my spending spree with the addition of Jade Empire that never went lower than 50% off but that I really wanted to get...

In all, that's 15 games I got:
FM2012
Binding of Isaac Complete
Skyrim
Tropico 4
From Dust
Civilization 5
Left 4 Dead 2
Witcher Enhanced Edition
Shogun 2 Collection
Assassin's Creed director cut
Recettear
Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate
Risen
NFS Shift 2 Unleashed
Jade Empire

Total spent comes to 119.41 for stuff that's regularly price at 398.81, or all in all, 70% off. Not all bad and plenty to play for quite a while...

One that's getting me frustrated though is Skyrim. got it started the other evening, went throught the first 30 minutes without a glitch, up to where you pick a race for yoru character. Picked one and saved right after that. Since that time, every time I try to start the game, I'm getting a hang up and a message that says "failed to initiate renderer". Even if I go to "options" and ask the default so the game would pick graphic levels for me, it says the game has picked "high" level for graphics. I'm a bit frustrated by this, probably even more since that was the one game I spent the most money on.

My computer is a brand new laptop, Dell XPS15 with an i7 cpu, 8GB RAM and a GeForce GT540M for graphic card with 2 GB of VRAM.

Only thing I did after the time the game ran well is update my videocard drivers, which actually should help it, not make the game not work...

FM
Old 07-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #527
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, and for those who didn't know, FM2012 is selling for $7.49 in this last round of deals...

FM
Old 07-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #528
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242 View Post
Not bad...was hoping for some other games to go on sale, but there were so many repeats in this sale. I liked the Chrismas Sale better, i miss the achievements

I didn't pay much attention to the Christmas but while I liked the flash deals a lot early on in this sale, it turned out to take away a lot of my fun in the last few days for the regular deals. Same goes for the Community votes deals. many of the same games came back a few times in the rotation and when the fun 1pm time would come, they were all games I had bought when they first appeared in flash sales...

FM
Old 07-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #529
PilotMan
Head Coach

Like I posted earlier. I had to stay out of this one for the most part. My PC's are already loaded with games that I have intended to get to but haven't and my PC's have been passed somewhere in about the last 12-18 months and can't play the newer games. Having said that, I added the DLC for Frozen Synapse, Portal 2, and Recettear.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:22 AM   #530
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
just ended my spending spree with the addition of Jade Empire that never went lower than 50% off but that I really wanted to get...

In all, that's 15 games I got:
FM2012
Binding of Isaac Complete
Skyrim
Tropico 4
From Dust
Civilization 5
Left 4 Dead 2
Witcher Enhanced Edition
Shogun 2 Collection
Assassin's Creed director cut
Recettear
Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate
Risen
NFS Shift 2 Unleashed
Jade Empire

Total spent comes to 119.41 for stuff that's regularly price at 398.81, or all in all, 70% off. Not all bad and plenty to play for quite a while...

One that's getting me frustrated though is Skyrim. got it started the other evening, went throught the first 30 minutes without a glitch, up to where you pick a race for yoru character. Picked one and saved right after that. Since that time, every time I try to start the game, I'm getting a hang up and a message that says "failed to initiate renderer". Even if I go to "options" and ask the default so the game would pick graphic levels for me, it says the game has picked "high" level for graphics. I'm a bit frustrated by this, probably even more since that was the one game I spent the most money on.

My computer is a brand new laptop, Dell XPS15 with an i7 cpu, 8GB RAM and a GeForce GT540M for graphic card with 2 GB of VRAM.

Only thing I did after the time the game ran well is update my videocard drivers, which actually should help it, not make the game not work...

FM

FM, have you tried going into NVidia Settings, Manage 3D Settings, Add the executable for Skyrim, select High-performance NVIDIA Processor.

I have the same video card on my ACER Aspire 4750G.

For some reason, a lot of the Steam Games detect the GT540M and set their settings accordingly, but the one that's actually running is the Intel Integrated Graphics Chip.

This should force the Laptop to switch to the NVIDIA processor whenever you load the game. I do this for all my games, essentially.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #531
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
FM, have you tried going into NVidia Settings, Manage 3D Settings, Add the executable for Skyrim, select High-performance NVIDIA Processor.

I have the same video card on my ACER Aspire 4750G.

For some reason, a lot of the Steam Games detect the GT540M and set their settings accordingly, but the one that's actually running is the Intel Integrated Graphics Chip.

This should force the Laptop to switch to the NVIDIA processor whenever you load the game. I do this for all my games, essentially.

yeah, I'd read about this, the Optimus technology in the GT540M not managing the GPU the right way, and I tried it last night. Still not working though

Kinda pissed and tired of trying. Will play some of the other games for now and will get into it at some point.

Thanks for trying.

FM
Old 07-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #532
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
I didn't pay much attention to the Christmas but while I liked the flash deals a lot early on in this sale, it turned out to take away a lot of my fun in the last few days for the regular deals. Same goes for the Community votes deals. many of the same games came back a few times in the rotation and when the fun 1pm time would come, they were all games I had bought when they first appeared in flash sales...

FM

I liked the Christmas sale better myself, and have the same feelings about the flash sales kind of cannibalizing the daily deals by the end. There are rumors that some achievements will appear once the sale ends (so later today, I suppose), based on clues and hints that have appeared in the daily images and news releases. I guess we'll see. I'm happy to have acquired my King of the Fort badge regardless
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #533
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I liked the Christmas sale better myself, and have the same feelings about the flash sales kind of cannibalizing the daily deals by the end. There are rumors that some achievements will appear once the sale ends (so later today, I suppose), based on clues and hints that have appeared in the daily images and news releases. I guess we'll see. I'm happy to have acquired my King of the Fort badge regardless

Yeah, I could do without the Flash deals as well. Just give me the deals for each day and give me 24 hours to spend my money. Didn't feel like it added anything and in some cases made me frustrated that I missed something. When your customers get frustrated rather than having a blast like they usually do, you're going down the wrong path. I didn't buy nearly as much as I usually do solely for that reason.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #534
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Yeah, I could do without the Flash deals as well. Just give me the deals for each day and give me 24 hours to spend my money. Didn't feel like it added anything and in some cases made me frustrated that I missed something. When your customers get frustrated rather than having a blast like they usually do, you're going down the wrong path. I didn't buy nearly as much as I usually do solely for that reason.

I don't know, I can't say I was ever frustrated by the flash sales, especially because everything seemed to come up at least 2 or 3 times by the end of the entire sale. Pretty hard to completely miss something. And I only bought less than the Christmas sale simply because I still have so many 'leftovers' from that exact Christmas sale that I couldn't justify adding too many more games to my backlog at this point.

I mostly just missed the achievements and the coal and presents and stuff. They were just an element of fun that was gone this time around.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #535
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

I did the same, and as always buying something is a sure way to get something to go on sale. Sure enough, the never on sale Jade Empire is 75% off for $3.75 today.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #536
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I did the same, and as always buying something is a sure way to get something to go on sale. Sure enough, the never on sale Jade Empire is 75% off for $3.75 today.

Save 75% on Jade Empire™: Special Edition on Steam

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #537
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

JE is kind of odd that it falls in the area of the worst Bioware title but yet, that's like saying the worst Pixar movie. It's a rarity of a game for me since I actually completed it. I liked it. I just wanted more.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #538
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I've never played JE, but is it really worse than Dragon Age II?
Old 07-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #539
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
JE is kind of odd that it falls in the area of the worst Bioware title but yet, that's like saying the worst Pixar movie. It's a rarity of a game for me since I actually completed it. I liked it. I just wanted more.

So it's the Cars 2 of BioWare games?

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #540
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

No, much better than Dragon Age 2. Not up to Bioware's previous level of standards, but not a bad game.

Last edited by mckerney : 07-23-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #541
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
yeah, I'd read about this, the Optimus technology in the GT540M not managing the GPU the right way, and I tried it last night. Still not working though

Kinda pissed and tired of trying. Will play some of the other games for now and will get into it at some point.

Thanks for trying.

FM

I've got a 540 in my laptop and had the same problem back in November. Specifying it explicitly like this in the Nvidia console solved the problem.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #542
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

well, that's annoying. Sure, it's only $3.75 we would have saved, but heck, it's annoying. And as you called it, "the never on sale Jade Empire". Have had it on my wishlist since some long time ago Steam sale and I never really saw its price drop until I saw this 50% on the sale... Oh well.

FM
Old 07-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #543
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post

the whole theme of Jade Empire appealed to the martial artist in me VERY much. Looking forward to playing it a great deal...

FM
Old 07-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #544
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I've got a 540 in my laptop and had the same problem back in November. Specifying it explicitly like this in the Nvidia console solved the problem.

didn't work for me and frankly, I'm stumped... everything says my laptop should be able to run this game, and it did run it, for a good 30 minutes without one hint of glitch but now something is keeping it from starting the game

FM
Old 07-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #545
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

I actually had a different problem with the flash deals. I didn't mind them in theory, it was just that with games coming up 3-4 times between flash deals and daily deals it kept giving me chances to buy them- and not in a good way. What I mean is I would talk myself out of buying a game I didn't really need only to have it show up again in a day or two and I had to debate getting it all over again. Fortunately I remained mostly strong but I did get Left4Dead 2 after talking myself out of it twice (not that the $4.99 was that bad of a hit).
jaygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #546
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
So it's the Cars 2 of BioWare games?

I said in the area. I didn't play DA II either. It is worth for it less than $4 though. The one tournament you enter was fun to play.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #547
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
didn't work for me and frankly, I'm stumped... everything says my laptop should be able to run this game, and it did run it, for a good 30 minutes without one hint of glitch but now something is keeping it from starting the game

FM

Honestly, I'd revert back to the old drivers if they worked.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #548
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Honestly, I'd revert back to the old drivers if they worked.

that's the thing, I don't know which driver version was in there when I got the laptop and didn't think about making a restore point.

Anyway I could find old Nvidia drivers I could install instead of the one I have now?

FM
Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #549
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I tried to run teh secondary installers mentioned in this thread The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - S - Knowledge Base - Steam Support and rebooted and tried it again, same result

FM
Old 07-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #550
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Dragon Age II was a pretty good game. Not as good as the first and it had some story structure issues, but it's underrated. Same with Mass Effect 3.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote