Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-27-2023, 08:05 PM   #701
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The other player I like is Kancey, but I'd like to trade down a handful of picks to try to get him.

Not a fan of Carter, Tyree Wilson, and Skoronski is a guard. And please don't take Bijan Robinson.

I really really REALLY don't want the risk of Carter.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 08:11 PM   #702
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

OMG. They are taking Bijan.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 08:12 PM   #703
GrantDawg

Carter said earlier today that the Bears will take him if he is there at 10.
Old 04-27-2023, 08:14 PM   #704
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
OMG. They are taking Bijan.

Nice.

Arguably the best college RB in past couple years. I'll take it, hope it works out.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 08:15 PM   #705
GrantDawg

The Falcons Reddit is melting down, and I am loving it.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 04-27-2023 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-27-2023, 08:19 PM   #706
Atocep
Coordinator

I like Robinson ok enough, but you averaged nearly 5 per carry as a team last year and finished 3rd in yards per game.

I get he helps in the passing game, but not enough to justify taking him there.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 08:19 PM   #707
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
The Falcons Reddit is melting down, and I am loving it.

I don't think we should/could have taken a risk with Carter (the fan favorite)

EDIT: CBS Sports gave us a D for the pick

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-27-2023 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-27-2023, 08:20 PM   #708
GrantDawg

The Eagles moved up to get Carter. Davis and Carter are back together again.
Old 04-27-2023, 08:21 PM   #709
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

The hilarious thing is. A bunch of my coworkers work outside of Philly, and I was telling them earlier this week, "Please trade up with the Bears, and take Carter, so the Bears don't get tempted."
Old 04-27-2023, 08:24 PM   #710
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I like Robinson ok enough, but you averaged nearly 5 per carry as a team last year and finished 3rd in yards per game.

I get he helps in the passing game, but not enough to justify taking him there.
They needed another RB, and they were picking one up in the draft regardless. With Bijan, they have a guy that can run and line up in the slot. He provides amazing flexability, and a safety net for a QB that is still learning to play in the NFL. I really love the pick. You get the best 5 years out of what could be the best RB in NFL.
Old 04-27-2023, 08:26 PM   #711
Edward64
Head Coach

And a marquee name that can generate some excitement (initial, at least) and seats sold.
Old 04-27-2023, 08:28 PM   #712
Atocep
Coordinator

Darnell Wright is a Poles pick. Nasty and athletic O-lineman. Biggest knock is he's gonna be a RT only.
Old 04-27-2023, 08:30 PM   #713
miami_fan
Coordinator

I really hope Jalen Carter has a good career. As that pick went up, my mind immediately flashed back to another Eagles defensive tackle, Jerome Brown.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 08:33 PM   #714
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I really hope Jalen Carter has a good career. As that pick went up, my mind immediately flashed back to another Eagles defensive tackle, Jerome Brown.

Oh, I made a Philly/fatal crashes comment on FB after the pick. (Brown, Lindbergh.) At least this time maybe it's out of the way first.

(If you just meant type of player, then...nm. But either way I thought of Jerome too.)
Old 04-27-2023, 08:35 PM   #715
Thomkal
Head Coach

So I'm happy I was wrong with my "fake news" trade for the Cards, I just could not see them staying at #3 with the roster they have right now Too many holes. Happy to see them trade back up to Johnson Jr to protect Murray. Murray better not fail again after getting players he wanted the last couple years.

Last edited by Thomkal : 04-28-2023 at 06:24 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 08:38 PM   #716
GrantDawg

Two rb in the top of the first? Have we gone back a few years?
Old 04-27-2023, 08:39 PM   #717
bob
College Starter

So I have to like Gibbs again? This is all very confusing for me
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 08:41 PM   #718
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Lions gonna Lion.
Old 04-27-2023, 08:46 PM   #719
cuervo72
Head Coach

I know he's had a rough go the last few years, but how long has Mort been doing the old man mouth thing?
Old 04-27-2023, 08:51 PM   #720
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I'm thinking Pats want a WR, but Belichick isn't convinced of any of them. In short, every year in the life of Belichick. If he could draft WRs, he'd probably have two more titles.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 08:51 PM   #721
GrantDawg

Is there some analytics that have now placed a high value on pass-catching running backs?
Old 04-27-2023, 08:57 PM   #722
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Probably more that there were two "best of what they do" guys at the top of the RB pool, and they will contribute immediately. But no, I'm not aware of anything that suggests it's better to go that route when the trend is to do it by committee. The Lions could really have used Gonzalez, and I doubt he lasts. Unless they don't have a high grade on him, then there are a few to choose from early tomorrow. Wondering about the DE Murphy, which could be a home run. This is about where he starts to look like a bargain.
Old 04-27-2023, 09:00 PM   #723
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

All Jets fans should be able to make a wish amirite?

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 09:01 PM   #724
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

haha. That kid was great
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 09:02 PM   #725
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

What is the old man mouth thing lol? I'm watching NFL Network

Old 04-27-2023, 09:06 PM   #726
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post

That's what my ex said
Old 04-27-2023, 09:09 PM   #727
GrantDawg

I like it:
"Interesting tid bit from Joe Patrick (92.9) for those worried about Allgier’s role:“Bijan Robinson said the project the Falcons presented him during their visits very much included using him in the slot as a receiver. Robinson said he played many summers of 7v7 as a straight receiver, which is how he developed that skill.
To be clear, obviously he's a ballcarrier and that's his primary job, but his skillset is such that he's a player that can be used in any matter or roles.“

Last edited by GrantDawg : 04-27-2023 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-27-2023, 09:10 PM   #728
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post

It's the deal where when not speaking you keep periodically moving your mouth around like you're either trying to wet your lips or swallow saliva or I don't know what.
Old 04-27-2023, 09:11 PM   #729
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Not surprised by Levis still on the board. Makes me feel a bit better about questioning everyone's sanity as high as people had him going.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 09:12 PM   #730
cuervo72
Head Coach

Or phantom chewing maybe?
Old 04-27-2023, 09:14 PM   #731
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Levis has the tools, though. He's a better prospect than anyone picked last year. I'm surprised. At this point, teams with established older starters might be looking. And with Tampa Bay lurking, the Lions could get some value trading down because otherwise I'm afraid they'll go WR.
Old 04-27-2023, 09:15 PM   #732
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Or phantom chewing maybe?

I'd go for a Charleston Chew at the moment.
Old 04-27-2023, 09:28 PM   #733
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I'd go for a Charleston Chew at the moment.
I would always go for a Charleston Chew. Preferably frozen like we used to eat them at the pool when i was a kid.
Old 04-27-2023, 09:28 PM   #734
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I hope Mortensen doesn't look at Twitter

Old 04-27-2023, 09:32 PM   #735
Atocep
Coordinator

I like the Seahawks draft so far.
Old 04-27-2023, 09:34 PM   #736
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So how far does Will Levis fall?
Old 04-27-2023, 09:39 PM   #737
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

The question is what do you do about a guy who looks like an NFL quarterback, but hasn't yet shown he can process and make NFL quarterback decisions. This is Josh Allen with perhaps even more arm talent. He could sit behind someone like Cousins.
Old 04-27-2023, 09:57 PM   #738
Atocep
Coordinator

Addison opposite Jordan Jefferson seems like a great pick. Really great complimentary player to play off of him.
Old 04-27-2023, 10:00 PM   #739
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

LET'S GO GET PAID

Old 04-27-2023, 10:01 PM   #740
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
The question is what do you do about a guy who looks like an NFL quarterback, but hasn't yet shown he can process and make NFL quarterback decisions. This is Josh Allen with perhaps even more arm talent. He could sit behind someone like Cousins.

I have not followed all the pre draft minutiae. I thought Richardson was the Josh Allen comp.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 10:02 PM   #741
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
The hilarious thing is. A bunch of my coworkers work outside of Philly, and I was telling them earlier this week, "Please trade up with the Bears, and take Carter, so the Bears don't get tempted."

And despite the trade both managed to take players that have character/ football character questions.

I think there's a good chance both teams just wasted their picks.
Old 04-27-2023, 10:13 PM   #742
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I have not followed all the pre draft minutiae. I thought Richardson was the Josh Allen comp.

Richardson is more the untested absolutely ridiculously-talented quarterback who didn't perform well in college. He shares the terrible college stats with Allen, but Levis is the better comp in terms of what he looks like as a prospect.

Richardson is also incredibly fast. He will be an impact running quarterback. Levis and Allen aren't slow, but they will do more damage as big guys who look for opportunities to scramble. The biggest difference between Levis and Allen is that Levis played in a top conference and had decent, but not great stats.
Old 04-27-2023, 10:20 PM   #743
GrantDawg

Seems there is some story about Levis' toe not healing properly, and it scared teams off. There is always a story.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2023, 10:33 PM   #744
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

At this point, he can take a year as an understudy and the fans won't freak out. You wonder about someone like the Rams trading up a few spots so that they have the fifth-year option available down the road if he works out.
Old 04-28-2023, 02:58 AM   #745
tzach
High School JV

steelers are sitting pretty at #32, with a choice of porter jr, branch, michael mayer or darnell washington.

maybe a desperate team would trade up for will levis, although we can infer from last night that he's a long-term project and no one sees him with high probability to succeed. as jim mentioned, the main knock on him is the decision making, reading nfl defenses and consistency with ball placement. that's hard to learn, but it's possible.

if you draft him at #32, you immediately question the long-term status of your qb1, but at the same time you drafting a project qb and giving up mid-round draft picks. not many teams would be willing to do that. i'd think the most likely teams would be WAS, rams, TEN, raiders, atl, sea and min, in that order. if he falls to rd3, i wouldn't be surprised to see gby, tby, sfo and ned taking a flyer.

Last edited by tzach : 04-28-2023 at 02:59 AM.
tzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 03:19 AM   #746
tzach
High School JV

anthony richardson to the colts is a quite interesting pick. shane steichen obviously thinks he can develop richardson in a similar mold as jalen hurts. steichen's track record with young qbs is stellar (justin herbert then jalen hurts), and that was probably a big part of his sales pitch to get the hc gig.

we'll see -- richardson is as raw as it takes and looks like a malik willis that instead played for florida. he'll be fun to follow.
tzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 06:30 AM   #747
GrantDawg

The Eagles are playing Pokemon with UGA defensive players. "Got to collect them all!"
Old 04-28-2023, 07:10 AM   #748
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzach View Post
steelers are sitting pretty at #32, with a choice of porter jr, branch, michael mayer or darnell washington.

maybe a desperate team would trade up for will levis, although we can infer from last night that he's a long-term project and no one sees him with high probability to succeed. as jim mentioned, the main knock on him is the decision making, reading nfl defenses and consistency with ball placement. that's hard to learn, but it's possible.

if you draft him at #32, you immediately question the long-term status of your qb1, but at the same time you drafting a project qb and giving up mid-round draft picks. not many teams would be willing to do that. i'd think the most likely teams would be WAS, rams, TEN, raiders, atl, sea and min, in that order. if he falls to rd3, i wouldn't be surprised to see gby, tby, sfo and ned taking a flyer.

I’m really interested in how the Steelers play this. Their new GM already seems more aggressive about going to get what he wants. I think Porter Jr. and Branch seemed acceptable at #17, but one of those TEs + Jones in the first would really transform the offense quite a bit. If they could drop down 4 or 5 spots and maybe regain the fourth they traded away, that would be pretty nice. I think there have to be some teams kicking the tires on that pick for Hooker or Levis

I’d like to see them get one of the two ILBs (Simpson or Sanders) with their other 2nd. I think they need an ILB about as bad as anything and I’ve been wondering if they may try to get Devin White from Tampa - they liked him a lot the year he was drafted, but couldn’t move up high enough to get him and ended up with Bush, who got hurt and was a bust.

I love the move to get Broderick Jones and it seems possible that we could end up with two more guys that could get serious playing time next season.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 07:15 AM   #749
QuikSand
lolzcat

Stillers getting Joey Porter Jr seems so obvious, right?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 07:22 AM   #750
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I’d like to see them get one of the two ILBs (Simpson or Sanders) with their other 2nd. I think they need an ILB about as bad as anything ...

Rooting for Hogs (Drew) Sanders to get drafted today.

I also hope some team gives Bumper Pool a look. Right now projected to be a UDFA but how can he not succeed with a name like that.