Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Cowboys - A RL Youth Dynasty

Entering my 4th year of coaching the 9-10 year old Cowboys, I knew that this will be my last coaching year for awhile. Despite the fact that I truly love doing it, and it is my only hobby, my son is 3, and will of course turn 4 next year. The time I spend with kids who are not mine, could be spent teaching him things. So, I have not told anyone in the organization, but until my son wants to play, or if he wants to play, this will be it for me.

Last season, I put together what I felt was, on paper, a pretty good team through the draft. We managed to go 4-1 before dropping the next 3 of 4 and falling into the B Bracket, and losing 21-20 in the last seconds of the playoff game. It was a letdown from a win/loss perspective, but I truly felt the kids learned to play the game correctly, soundly, and they had lots of fun.

I learned things, though.

#1 - Age matters. In our league, all the 9-10 years olds are thrown in the draft pool. You can draft whomever you can. I did not take into consideration the difference between 10 year olds and 9 year olds. I found out, developmentally, emotionally, and from a maturity standpoint, alot happens. I had 8 players that were 9 last season out of 16.

#2 - Experience matters. No matter what age you start, that first year you put pads on, is a strange experience that just to run its course. You can spend 2 weeks teaching a first year player three points stances, numbering systems, blocking and tackling fundamentals, while a kid who has played multiple seasons can accelerate through much of that. I had 11 first year players last season out of 16 players. It mattered much more than I thought.

#3 - Get some scrimmage time. I have hated scrimmaging as a matter of principle. Kids get hurt, if they destroy a team they get cocky, if they get destroyed they get down, all of this before the season starts. But with only 17 kids, you never have 11 on 11 looks, and that needs to happen before they get under the lights.

So, with lessons learned, the next post will be who I kept from last season, and what my expectations are.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand

Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #2
Senator

We could keep up to six players from our previous season and add 2 wild card players. These are players whose coaches moved up to the senior league, and the kids were left without a coach, or had not played at all last season.

I had in my mind to keep 4 of my players from last season. I did not want to keep more because I did not want my first pick in the draft to be round 7, which with 20 teams is around the 140th pick level.

I kept my two assistant coaches sons.

Andrew - 5'6 - 155 pounds. Line
and
Tyler - 5'0 - 80 pounds - QB

The other two players were:

Derek - 5'2 106 pounds RB/LB
Garret - 5'0 80 pounds Wing/Safety

All those kids would be 1-3 round picks, so I felt good about. All are 10. All have experience.

I then get word that a little guy named Jack wanted to play for me. He went to school with the kids I have on the team. I checked him out. 4'5 70 pounds. Uh oh, I need linemen! But wait, let's look at him. ZING! Instantly becomes the fastest kid on my team, and has to be one of the fastest in the league. I wild card him.

Now I have 6. Uh oh.

Get another phone call from my assistant. Come look at this kid that played bantam, but did not play junior last season. 4'11 - 92 pounds. Great. Another skill guy. Wow, too solid to pass up. I wild card him.

Damn. Now I will draft in the 7th round. Let's do some math. Some coaches come in saving only their son, so they have 6 picks from a pool of 350 before guys like me get pick. And with only one lineman and those guy at a premium, I begin to think I backed myself in a bad corner.

Next up - League structure and Tryouts.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 09-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
Senator

So now I have 7 players, all are 10 years old and have experience. Already I am a more mature team than last season. Downside. How in the hell am I going to get quality guys to block for these skill guys who all have speed?

The league has 20 teams. Roughly 17 players per team. Because of an agreement we have with Reebok, all teams have to be an NFL team. Guess who wanted the Cowboys? All 20 coaches. Guess who go it? The guy who
has had it for 4 years. Me. The hate Senator campaign begins.

Many of the coaches are bantam coaches moving up to junior. Some are first year coaches, and some are, like me, returning coaches. Some freeze just one or two players. Only a few freeze 7-8. I am one of those. Historically, the school of thought has been to only keep a few because at this level, one or two players can just be the flat out difference. I think that any player I kept would be a early round pick, so I am ok with it. In my heart, I know we are dead if we can't find any beef, and I begin to panic when I see the pool of candidates.

There was only one skill guy that blew me away in the tryouts, a kid named Zamir. Other than that, if you didn't save a skill guy before the draft, you might have trouble finding one that stands out.

This year, a service filmed the entire 3 day tryouts. When I watched then live, I just made notes such as : good, attitude sucks, soft, yes! things like that. Then the 2 days before the draft, my assistants and I went through every single draftable player and gave them an A through F on the draft sheet. This grade was only based on how we saw them as athletes with no other criteria. Then we sorted by weight, age, and experience. The goal going into the draft to get some linemen who are 10, who played before that were hopefully not all D's.

I pulled the #10 draft slot. Right in the middle, BUT in the 7th round. I would have to suffer while all but 2 other teams drafted my A's and B's from under me.

Based on our grading system, I thought the first available kid to me would a young man named Mason, who we rated as a C, but was 120 pounds. After that, a bunch of 90 pounders on my line. I felt like I had made a strategic error.

Next up, draft day.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
Senator

Draft day:

Big event at the conference hall in the local police station. Despite the fact I have been here many times, my stomach is a mess. I fully believe this might be a bad day for me.

As the draft begins, I see the A's start to drop off my list. Zamir goes to the Bears, uh oh, already a good team. The Raiders, who already had talent with 4 great players, pull top lineman to block for them. My initial strategy, pulled off by the Raiders perfectly. But.... I am noticing every few picks or so, a coach picking a player we have rated a D, and in some odd cases, even an F. I start believing I might get 1 or dare I dream 2 "B" linemen. Sweat begins to drip off of me, as my assistant kicks me in the shin after every pick and wispers, "We're going to get one". I know I need 4 but right now, 1 is like a gift from heaven.

Cardinals pick a C player and suddenly, there I am, up on the draft board, waiting to pick. I know already who I want. 10 year old Brandon, 5'2 130 pounds with 2 years experience and rated a B. YES!!

Serpentine back to me. Hmmm. Another 10 yr old "B" rated player, Scott at 5'0 - 120 pounds. I'll take it. Starting lineman and DE on the A bracket champions last year. Ok!!

9th round, I have a B- player on my sheet, Jackson, 10yrs old, at 4'9, 125. I now have 4 lineman above 120. All rated as B's. Right now, I have 9 players, all 10 years old, with at least a year under their belt playing. I am cautiously pleased.

Next up, the team.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #5
Senator

Saved or Frozen:

Andrew 5'6 155 age 10
Tyler 5'0 80 age 10
Derek 5'2 106 age 10
Garret 5'0 80 age 10
Jack 4'5 70 age 10
AndrewP 4'11 92 age 10

Round 7
Brandon 5'2 130 age 10 rated B

Round 8
Scott 5'0 120 age 10 rated B

Round 9
Jackson 4'9 125 age 10 rated B

Round 10
Spencer 4'11 82 age 10 rated B

Round 11
AustinG 5'0 85 age 10 rated C

Round 12
Alex 4'3 64 age 9 rated B- (slipped because of his size - he was 2 year all star at bantam but will have trouble playing at this level, but we liked him)

Round 13
Matthew 4'10 84 age 10 rated C

Round 14
AustinR 4'8 120 age 10 rated D

Round 15
Dylan 4'9 88 age 9 rated D

Round 16
Nate 5'5 90 age 10 rated C

Now, the question some of you may have is; why does Nate go to Round 16. Not only does he go to the last round, but the last pick in the entire draft. LANDS ON US!! This kid was the starting center for an A bracket team last year. Then why you ask? Because if you draft him, you automatically get his sibling. Which in this case is his sister Gabby. Who is 3'11 and 55 pounds and who is smallest, youngest looking 9 year old ever.

The Nate - Gabby story next.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #6
Senator

So everyone laughs at the Cowboys, who gets the tiny girl on their team only because of bad luck. Apparently, the family is considered a bit off by the commish staff as having issues in the past. The dad will call the commish every game and say his kid did not get the minimum required plays, despite the fact he is a starting center. When I make my phone call to the parents, the dad says his son played QB last year, despite the fact that I KNOW he played center for the Longhorns all season. The little girl has 4 hours of gymnastics, before every practice. And all my players are freaked out over hitting this tiny little girl.

I curse the bad luck but carry on. I have 14 players 10 years old and with experience. One of my 9 year olds has 2 years. From a strategic standpoint, it was a successful draft. I wanted as many big 10 year olds as I could find with experience and a decent grade. From what I drafted, against, what I thought I might get, I was pleased.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #7
Senator

It is a hot summer in Texas, and August brings little relief. 3 practices a week - putting in the Wide Tackle 6 defense and the three offensive formations - the single wing, bash, and wing T.

On defense, Derek and Spencer look good at the 2 LB spots, our D line looks decent, but we seem to be weak on one DE spot and one corner. We work on all we should.

On offense, I have more depth and total team speed than I have ever coached. Derek, Tyler, Jack, Garret, AndrewP, and even little Alex can carry the ball on just about every play. Derek is a pounding back out of Bash. Tyler and Alex are the single wing runners, AndrewP is the wedge runner, and Jack and Garret run the sweeps out of motion in the wing T. My line is not dominant, except for big Andrew, but I think serviceable with lots of work. At least I have some beef there. Nate is a decent center. For the last player taken in the draft, a steal actually.

But Gabby is another story. Every drill there is contact she gets hurt and cries. The first time, as required, I sent her to her dad for check off. He made her do push ups on the sidelines. I blew a gasket. From then on, when she got hurt, which was every drill, I had her stand by me.

My team mom got cozy with the mom, and in conversation, she mentioned that Gabby was ONLY 8 YEARS OLD!! WTF!!! She told my team mom that they did not want to go to 2 practices so they put 9 down on her sign in form. Now, apparently, they do track in the spring, and according to another mom on my team that knows them, forged a copy of the birth certificate so Gabby could run as a 7 year old. Are these people insane? The team mom broke confidence, told me about it, and I called our President of the league. He showed up to a practice, told her she was not allowed to play anymore until he sees an original birth certificate, so they pull her off the team, and the dad is threatening a lawsuit against the league, because no one else has to show an original birth certificate. Whatever the outcome, she is a bantam player and is off my team. Makes me furious that her safety was compromised over convenience. Once I got past the anger, I remembered I got a starting center with the last pick of the draft.

Last edited by Senator : 09-04-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:03 PM   #8
Senator

We are now three weeks in to practices. 5 practices to go before the first game.

My assistants think we are an A bracket team, maybe even a team that can go undefeated in the regular season. I refuse. I refuse to speculate or to even wonder. I made that mistake last year. Until I see us in action, it is all a moot point.

I did go over each teams roster and associated my pre-draft grade with their teams to give us a points total. A player = 4, down to a F= 0.

While highly suspect, this is what I came up with.

Raiders 46
Cowboys 42
Titans 41
Bears 41
Lions 41
Dolphins 41
Patriots 41
Bucs 39
Vikings 39
Giants 38
Ravens 37
Cardinals 37
Bengals 37
Falcons 36
Chargers 36
Packers 36
Colts 34
Saints 33

Old 09-04-2009, 07:14 PM   #9
Senator

Our schedule is out and interesting.

Game 1 vs Colts
Game 2 vs Ravens
Game 3 vs Lions
Game 4 vs Bucs
Game 5 vs Giants
Game 6 vs Bears
Game 7 vs Bengals
Game 8 vs Titans

Initial feelings:

Game 1 - Rubber match with the dirty, dirty Colts, who knocked us out of the playoffs last year on the last second 21-20.

Game 2 - Ravens have a HUGE team but might be slow. They plan to just run slowly up the field.

Game 3 - Lions are a mystery team to me. I don't know the coach, but he drafted a hell of a team.

Game 4 - Bucs are coached by our commissioner. Are you kidding me? He didn't draft a very big line, but his skill guys somehow signed with him over the summer. All select guys in the backfield. I dread this game.

Game 5 - Giants. Not sure, but players look good.

Game 6 - Bears have Zamir, the fastest kid in the draft. The coach is an ex-NFL lineman, so he will have the blockers ready to open holes for the speed demon. I feel like I am going to have to play Gale Sayers.

Game 7 - Bengals - I have no idea.

Game 8 - Titans - the very definition of dad coaches, but they drafted some really good players.

So, despite my assistant excitement and our archaic ratings system, I could see us as easily 3-5 as 8-0. Not feeling the 8-0 type cohesion that I have seen before in other teams.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #10
Senator

Last night it was time to see what we had. Scheduled scrimmage against the Falcons, who was rated a 36.

Terms of scrimmage - both teams have 2 possessions on offense, 15 plays each, for a total of 30 plays on offense, and 30 on defense.

The Falcons showed up to our field 30 minutes early, ready to play. 5 minutes to the hour and half my team wasn't there. Every F-ing year I get these types of parents. Around 6:15 my last 2 linemen show and we start the scrimmage without much of a warmup.

The falcons are bigger across the front than us, with one beast of a kid about 5'9 and 175 pounds. He was solid. Whatever strength we would show, he would switch to the strong side defensive end and try to blow up the play.

Our kids the first 10 plays looked like they had cobwebs in their heads. Our plays were being destroyed in the backfield. We were not blocking, and our backs were not shooting off the snap.

About play 11, I called a Bash Right Bounce Right to Derek, and he went the distance. He ran over a few guys on the way. The next 4 plays not much happened.

Then we went to defense. We were solid almost every play. Then they threw a pass that went right by my weak corner and scored. 6-6.

During all this the coach-dads (about 9 of them) were screaming and yelling and saying silly things. I had one dad that would call a penalty on us every play. Offsides! Holding! Face Mask! I am sitting there saying, I am watching the same play, what the hell are you talking about?

We go back on offense and we huddle them up and get in their shorts. Suddenly, I don't know if it was conditioning or what, but we start tearing them up. We score on a wedge, we score on a reverse, we score on a wing t jet, we score on a single wing power play, we score on a bash. suddenly it is 36-6.

They go on offense and hardly gain a yard. Every play that dad is screaming about facemask or holding ect. I said, you might want to consider being an official, you don't miss a thing.

Game ends. Coach on other team apologizes. He says that the dad does that every time his kid does not gain a yard. OH! His kid was the running back we were lighting up.

So, we win, it takes awhile to get going, but when we did we looked like a much better team than them. We are not an A bracket team - nothing changes in my mind. But we are in a better position than we were last season and we are going to work hard, so maybe good things will happen.

I have scheduled a scrimmage with the Chargers for Tuesday. I want to play teams I won't play in the regular season, that are just a little under us in my assessment of talent, to give our guys some rhythm and confidence. I will then have 4 more practices to get it all together.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #11
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

great dynasty so far. it was only two years ago that my son was playing in a 9-10 league and your personal stories sound so much like stuff I'd hear or see, it's crazy.

And you are a very good man to give of your time to kids who are not your own. I've coached my son's soccer team, as assistant last Summer and alone this year, but I'm not sure I'd go it with other kids' teams, to the detriment of not seeing my son. Thumbs way up to you man.

Keep writing, I'll be reading.

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 09-05-2009 at 08:58 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #12
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

I'm reading too and interested, fwiw.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #13
Senator

We had no Monday practice, because of Labor Day, but Tuesday was scrimmage night against the 36 rated Chargers, the same rating as the Falcons in my copyrighted Senator team analysis tool.

This time each team would have 20 plays on offense, switch to defense to 20 plays and then back again for a total of 40 plays on offense and 40 on defense, a typical game.

We were on defense first. One thing I noticed about our team I have never had, it that our guys swarm to the play and are not afraid to lay a lick on someone. Last 2 seasons, everyone depended upon League MVP Jack to make the tackle, and then maybe they would try. Not this team, they all want to hit. We were toying with some blitzing packages with our linebackers and corners, and gave up 2 scores on the off tackle. This goes to the coaches, we were experimenting and would never have normally called those defensive plays, we were just curious.

For the most part, we were popping them where they stood. AndrewP had a hit from the cornerback spot on a sweep his direction, that made a sound I don't normally hear until much older grades. Jack used to crush people but this is different. They say when Babe Ruth used to hit, it had a different sound than other batters. When this kid tackles, it makes a different sound, and I notice all the coaches make that cringing sound when he does it. He is raw, but I am going to really mentor this kid, because he has the build to be something really special down the road.

On offense, our O-line was great. They were using their rules and doing everything right. We were facing a GAP 8 defense. Basically, 8 guys on the line of scrimmage, lined up in every gap and 1-2 on the outside of the tight ends rushing in. It is like a blitz or goal line the whole game.

Our backs were good when they had the ball. We do have some fast kids, especially JackG and Garret. But when the backs do not have the ball, they didn't want to block. It happened over and over again. My assistant and I watched it and became more upset and more upset. The line working so hard, and these prima donnas only wanting glory. I planned an intervention for the next practice.

We ended up scoring twice, and went back to defense. The Chargers ran 20 plays and gained -10 yards.

Back on offense, we scored twice more, but I still saw issues. My QB is fragile, and I started using JackG as the QB in anticipation of losing Tyler many times during the season.

I was not really happy with our offense after the practice, but the other coaches came by and said our team looked amazing and they had alot of work to do. I was thinking the exact opposite..... funny how coaches perspectives are.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #14
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
We were on defense first. One thing I noticed about our team I have never had, it that our guys swarm to the play and are not afraid to lay a lick on someone.

Quite certainly due to you drafting lots of 10yo with playing experience. Well done there.

FM
Old 09-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #15
Senator

On Wednesday, it was hot, and the 12th practice of pre-season. The guys are tired and want to start playing opponents, but we have work to do.

My DC and I were bad cop/bad cop during the practice. We were probably harder on them than any time I have ever coached a team. We told them we could coast and with the talent we have go 5-5, or we could challenge ourselves to be something special, which would require more work than they have ever done. To their credit, they want to see how good they can be.

I took my skill guys off to the side, had them take their helmets off, and had a frank conversation with them. I told the the linemen block for them every play. They never get glory. They never know what its like to score a touchdown. The never know that feeling of taking the ball, and running free. And I said, "And never will you again if I EVER see you take plays off and refuse to block!" It got their attention. At least I hope. JackG and Garret probably will never be very good at it but we will keep working.

We were tough on them the entire time, knowing that only a few practices remained before our first game.

They responded well, and my assistants and I agreed after practice that we might go 0-10, but we love this team. We love the mix of speed and size. We love the way they hit people. We love that there are real unique personalities on this team. (Jackson is a Belushi clone and funny as hell). We keep pushing and they keep trying. I love that as well.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #16
Senator

Thursday night was the last real night of pre-season. Next week we go into game prep mode, so last night we had some things to work out and then had a little fun.

We solidified our special teams. We have a punter in Spencer. He will also be our kicker. We have our receiving team in place and we feel we are ready in the that phase of the game.

We worked on air every play with JackG at QB. Tyler was a no show AGAIN because of the flu, so I am just going to go with JackG at QB and not worry about it. I lose the Red Wing T formation, but Tyler can go in for that and just direct traffic. The rest of the time, it will be JackG.

We then work on air with our first team defense. We have 4 blitz packages with out defense, and we just made sure everyone knew responsibilities and felt confident they could do it.

We then played a game called FootballBaseball as a reward to the kids for all the hard work. You line up cones just like bases. You match up players similar in size and ability for the teams. One team switches out a pitcher on the mound every play. The guy at home base has the football. He runs straight on the base path to first base and the pitcher has to tackle him, head across the body before he gets to base. If he gets to base, the next guy in line is the pitcher and he chooses. Do I tackle the guy going to second base or the going to first. The kids loved it. They thought it was a blast. What they didn't know, was it was teaching good tackling techniques, aggressiveness and teamwork from the other players. They saw and felt that the other guys are their "team" were counting on them. It was a fun and good exercise to close out pre-season.

Not that we didn't run wind sprints. We still did those.

So, we have final weigh in on Saturday, then practice on Tuesday - Thursday, then game time a week from tomorrow.

I think we are as ready as we are ever going to be.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:28 PM   #17
Senator

Today in the pouring rain, the team's gathered at the main field house and had our official weigh in. It was anarchy, but it is really beginning to feel like we are about to finally play some ball.

We saw the Colts weighing in. My assistant said, "If you don't hang half a hundred on them, you are a failure." I told him to go fetch my clip board.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #18
Senator

Tonight was the last full pads practice before our game Saturday. This Thursday we will do helmets, shirts, and shorts, and just do walk through's. We have had a successful pre-season. The guys worked hard and we like their attitudes. Whatever happens, I like this team. Something about it, I just like. Tonight we practiced in the mud. They loved it.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #19
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Today in the pouring rain, the team's gathered at the main field house and had our official weigh in. It was anarchy, but it is really beginning to feel like we are about to finally play some ball.

We saw the Colts weighing in. My assistant said, "If you don't hang half a hundred on them, you are a failure." I told him to go fetch my clip board.
No jokes about half a hundred, plz, k, thx.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:26 PM   #20
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
... made a sound I don't normally hear until much older grades.

Heh, I heard that sound from an 8th grader on Monday afternoon.

Long story short, he's apparently (played for our out of town opponent) a highly regarded 190 pound wrestler that plays LB/FB & also happens to be their kicker which is where he did his damage. Kicked off straight ahead high & down the middle to an up back while this 6' or better monster came thirty yards downfield at full speed, not only unblocked but untouched, and annihilated the returner who may still not be sure what hit him. A ribrocker. A nearly literal de-cleater as the KR was launched at least 3 feet off the ground I'd swear. Or as my normally bloodthirsty son put it "that was the most sickening sound I think I've ever heard". One of those where the crowd doesn't go "oooooh", they just go completely silent & start praying. Happy to report that our smallish 7th grader is alive & relatively well, although he did need someone to steer him to the correct sideline afterwards.

Sorry for the sidetrack, just thought I'd throw in that little Monday middle school football anecdote.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:47 AM   #21
Senator

A 190lb 8th grader that can rock the socks off you! Kids sure are getting bigger, faster. I was 180 as a senior and not considered small.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:50 AM   #22
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
A 190lb 8th grader that can rock the socks off you! Kids sure are getting bigger, faster.

Yep. He was at least my height or taller & outweighs me by at least 15 pounds ... and he's 12 or 13 years old. {shakes head}
Old 09-16-2009, 08:13 AM   #23
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Yep. He was at least my height or taller & outweighs me by at least 15 pounds ... and he's 12 or 13 years old. {shakes head}

I am emailing you some pictures of some housing in my attendance area, please forward these to his parents, they will want to get settled ASAP to make his transition into High School easier next year.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #24
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I am emailing you some pictures of some housing in my attendance area, please forward these to his parents, they will want to get settled ASAP to make his transition into High School easier next year.

Works for me, I'm already dreading seeing him run over our varsity players during the 2010-2013 seasons.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #25
Senator

Last night was final walk through, passing out of jerseys and pants, detailing the helmets and all the other housekeeping stuff we need to start game 1. The league has 3 pants missing from our XL boys so they have to wear practice pants. That angered me, because I am the first one to order and one of the most organized. Every year the league messes around with my uniforms.

I am on my way now to pick up a 4 X 8 sign with our logo on it that can be re-used every game for the boys to run through. At 115 dollars it seemed like a good deal.

Now, we wait to play under the lights tomorrow night at 8pm against those dirty, dirty, Colts.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:29 PM   #26
Senator

Fast forward until tonight.

All my guys I coached for the last 4 years are now youth seniors. We won our semi-final game 20-6 against the toughest opponent I ever played. We play for the city championship next Saturday night.

I love these kids.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:28 PM   #27
MIJB#19
Coordinator

That's one hell of a bump.

But based on the lack of a follow up, I've got a bad feeling about the outcome of that city championship game...
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote