Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #101
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thursday Week 2, June 1983 (part 1 of 2)
We made a decision, right or wrong, and have added Bob Orton, Jr. to our roster on a short term 3 month contract for $1,300 p.a. with an $800/month downside. He’s another of those notorious “free spirits” so I’m wary going in but while his popularity is midcard’ish at the moment, he also rivals Mark Rocco as the most all around talented guy on our roster. He’s a guy who I really can’t have big plans for with such a short contract length but should be able to make some use out of while he’s here. Somewhat better suited to be a heel, we’ll try him as a face to help bolster that part of the roster if he can.

Out & about last night, the AWA sold out Municipal Auditorium in South Dakota (5,000 & C+) to see Nick Bockwinkel defeat Baron Von Raschke to retain the AWA World Hvywt title and Ken Patera beat Larry Zbyszko. Also appearing were Buzz Sawyer who teamed with Manny Fernandez to beat Rick Martel & Kenny Jay and Jerry Blackwell who partnered with Brad Rheingans to defeat The Iron Sheik and Nacho Berrera. … MACW went to Sarasota, FL (2000 & C) where Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood defeated Ivan Koloff & Jos LeDuc to retain the NWA World Tag Team titles and Wahoo McDaniel pinned Terry Funk … WCCW was in Phoenix (1,000 & C-) as Terry Gordy pinned David Von Erich to keep the Texas Hvywt title while Kevin Von Erich defeated The Great Kabuki to remain WCCW American Hvywt champion … MSW went down to Jacksonville, FL (1000 & C-) where The Ironmen (Kamala & Dick the Bruiser) turned back the challenge of Mr. Wrestling II & Junkyard Dog to remain Mid-South Tag Team champions … In Lacy, NJ, the WWC had Carlos Colon & The Invader defending their WWC World Tag Team belts with a win over Abdullah the Butcher & Bruiser Brody … The UWA show in West Central Mexico saw Canek beat El Solitario to retain the WWF World Light Hvywt title.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #102
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thursday Week 2, June 1983, (part two of two)

Stars of GCW On Tour – 60 minutes at Cathedral HS, Hamilton, ON with 112 in attendance

Pre-show
Dave Finlay d. Pat Rose in 5:43 by pinfall with a Rolling Fireman's Carry Slam. (E+)
The announcing of Freddy Miller & the commentary of Tony St. Clair gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Adrian Street cuts a promo insulting the fans in attendance – 4 mins (D-)

Randy Barber d. Mike Starbuck in 6:29 by pinfall. (E-)
The announcing of Miller & the commentary of Mr. Wrestling II gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.[/i]

Main show
Ole Anderson d. Dennis Condrey in 11:38 by pinfall with an Anderson Running Knee. (C)

Tony St. Clair d. Les Thornton in 8:42 by pinfall. (C)
Tony St. Clair is improving in Technical skills. Les Thornton is improving in Performance skills.

Ole Anderson cuts a promo hyping his intent to take down Larry Zbyszko & to help Stan Hansen – 6 mins (C-)

Adrian Street d. Rick Hunter in 9:57 by pinfall with a Crucifix Cradle. (D)
Adrian Street and Rick Hunter don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. The announcing of Miller & the commentary of St. Clair gave the match a boost.

Mr. Wrestling II d. The Iron Sheik in 15:09 by pinfall with a Million Dollar Knee Lift. (C)
The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown.

Final Show Rating: (C-)
This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-01-2010 at 11:28 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:23 AM   #103
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Friday Week 2, June 1983
Yuck. That wasn’t very pretty nor was it much fun to watch from the back but there are going to be nights like that for any promotion. I’m just glad it was in front of a tiny crowd in a market where just showing up will improve our situation slightly. Better to get those stinkers out of the way when & where the TV cameras aren’t rolling.

Last night was the final appearance of the loan agreement with SECW for Dennis Condrey. Didn’t really get as much out of him as we wanted, but a C+ average match rating in three appearances isn’t all that bad actually.

We get a trio of returned phone calls, none of which ultimately amount to anything as backstage help tends to want to be paid as though they’re World Title contenders. Former NWA World Champion Whipper Billy Watson wanted $1,600 p.a., retired German standout Horst Hoffman wanted $1,650 p.a., and veteran manager Saul Weingeroff wanted $1,300 p.a. We passed the time making small talk before explaining that we simply weren’t in a position to pay that sort of money right now no matter how much we’d like to have them be on board.

Elsewhere last night, the WWF sold out Buffalo Alumni Arena (5,000 & C) as Sgt Slaughter defended his World Hvywt title beating Jimmy Snuka, former champ Bob Backlund beat Mr. Fuji, and Roddy Piper teamed with Ray Stevens for a main event victory over Michael Hayes & The Masked Superstar … Three Von Erichs wrestled in Dallas (5,000 & C+) for WCCW, three Von Erichs got their hands raised as David beat The Great Kabuki, Kerry beat Buddy Jack Roberts, and Kevin beat Bill Irwin to retain their American HW title … PNW was in Reno, NV at The Showboat (1767 & C-) where Rip Oliver pinned Dean Ho … CENT sold out Wayne Memorial Stadium in Nebraska (2,000 & C) with Manny Fernandez pinning Roger Kirby to retain his Central States Hvywt belt and Jerry Oates beat Ted Oates to keep their TV title … New Japan ran in Hokkaido (1000 & C-) with Tatsumi Fujinami going over Abdullah the Butcher to retain the WWF International Hvywt title … JPUK visited London (2000 & C-) where fans saw Kendo Nagasaki & Johnny Saint team up to defeat Crybaby Breaks & Big Daddy in an afternoon show and then the TV taping audience watched Breaks & Big Daddy gets a win over Giant Haystacks & Mal Kirk …
Old 12-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #104
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Saturday Week 2, June 1983, (part 1 of 2)

A quick look around at last night’s results starts with the AWA who were in Fresno,CA(2000 & C-) as Ken Patera teamed up with Larry Zbyszko to defeat Wahoo McDaniel & Manny Fernandez while Jim Brunzell & Rick Martel were a winning combination in their match against Buzz Sawyer and Curt Hennig … MACW visited the Mid West (1,000 & C) with Steamboat & Youngblood retaining the NWA World Tag Team belts with a win over Greg Valentine & Dory Funk. Ivan Koloff also got a victory, beating Bob Orton, Jr … MSW sold out the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX (2000 & C+) as Ted DiBiase defended his North American Hvywt title with a win over Junkyard Dog while Mr. Wrestling II beat Kendo Nagasaki … The WWC drew okay at Mario Morales Coliseum (2611 & C-) with a main event that featured Carlos Colon & The Invader beating The Last Hard Men (Abdullah & Brody) to retain the WWC Tag Team belts … AJPW went to Chubu (1000 & C+) with a main event of Jumbo Tsuruta over Stan Hansen to retain the NWA United National Hvywt title while Umanosuke Ueda kept the TV title by beating Harley Race … There’s a new champion in the UWA, where a crowd in West Central Mexico (2000 & C+) saw El Solitario defeat Canek to claim the WWF World Light Hvywt title and a new team of Perry Aguayo & El Matematico beat Villanos I & III to take the UWA World Tag Team belts.

Before starting to put tonight’s lineup down on paper we handle a few phone calls, including short conversations similar to those in recent days with the legendary Karl Gotch (asking $1,875 p.a.) and Dick Hutton (asking $1,728 p.a.). A different outcome though when we talk with Sonny King, who has largely recovered from injuries in an unfortunate stabbing incident in Charlotte last year but is officially retired at age 36 & looking to work as a manager or at least a non-wrestling role. He knows the business, is pretty good on the mic and we believe we can convince him to work the occasional dark match and pass along what he knows to some of our greenest workers. “The Black Kojak” is our newest addition, at $500 p.a. I’m definitely not sure whether this will eventually turn out to be worth it but I’m in a mood to take a chance & find out.

We also make a phone call to young Joel Watts, who’s now running Mid-South for his dad & work out an talent trade that gives him the use of Pat Rose in return for … well, you’ll see.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #105
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Saturday Week 2, June 1983, (part 2 of 2)

Georgia Championship Wrestling (TV) – 90 minutes at UIC Pavilion, Chicago, IL with 3,136 in attendance

Pre-show
Gordon Solie introduces Bob Orton, Jr, the newest addition to the roster – 4 mins (C-)
Bob Orton Jr. is learning to show more charisma.

Bob Orton, Jr d. Pat Rose in 5:56 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam. (D)
Pat Rose seemed off his game tonight. The announcing of Freddy Miller & the commentary of Paul Orndorff gave the match a boost. Bob Orton Jr. looked good out there. Pat Rose is improving in Performance skills.

Paul Ellering d. Brad Armstrong in 5:40 by pinfall after using a foreign object. (E+)
Paul Ellering seemed off his game tonight. The announcing of Miller & the commentary of The Spoiler gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Main show

Buzz Sawyer d. Terry Gordy in 14:04 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam. (C-)
The announcing of Gordon Solie & the commentary of Freddy Miller gave the match a boost.

Hawk (w/Paul Ellering) d. Ronnie Garvin in 6:38 by pinfall with a Top Rope Clothesline. During the match Paul Ellering attacked Garvin. (C)
Road Warrior Hawk was visibly tiring toward the end. The match suffered because of the lack of selling on display. The announcing of Solie & the commentary by Miller gave the match a boost. The RW vs Bullet & Garvin storyline has continued with this match.

[u]Stan & Ole challenge Zbyszko to a tag match with Larry’s mystery partner – 3 mins (B-)

Bob Armstrong d. Animal (w/Paul Ellering) in 6:40 by pinfall with a Bulldog. (C-)
Road Warrior Animal was visibly tiring toward the end. The announcing of Solie lifted the match. The RW vs Bullet & Garvin storyline has continued with this match.

Paul Orndorff d. Dave Finlay in 6:15 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D+)
Paul Orndorff and Dave Finlay don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. The announcing of Solie & the commentary of Miller gave the match a boost.

Jim Barnett tells Zbyszko to produce his partner or else Barnett will provide one for him – 1 min (D+)

The Spoiler d. Randy Barber in 6:37 by submission with a Clawhold. (D)
The announcing of Solie & the commentary by Miller gave the match a boost. The Spoiler looked good out there.

Mark Rocco d. El Hacon in 7:38 by pinfall with a Tombstone Piledriver. Mark Rocco makes defence number 2 of his National Television title. (c-)
The announcing of Solie & the commentary by Miller gave the match a boost. El Halcón is improving in Technical skills. El Halcón is improving in Performance skills

After some stalling by Zbyszko, his partner finally appears … career midcarder Iron Mike Sharpe ?!? Although somewhat confused by the seemingly random motivation of Sharpe to be involved in attacking Hansen, the faces methodically demolish Sharpe while Zbyszko makes sure he spends virtually no time in the ring.

Stan Hansen & Ole Anderson d. Larry Zbyszko & Iron Mike Sharpe in 16:07 when Ole Anderson defeated Iron Mike Sharpe by pinfall with an Anderson Running Knee. (C+)
The announcing of Solie lifted the match. Stan Hansen looked good out there. The Larry's Helper storyline has continued with this match. Ole Anderson is improving in Rumble skills.

[u]After the match, Zbyszko tries to take a cheap shot at Anderson with the belt but misses … while Anderson chases Zbyszko, Hansen has a fairly subdued celebration in the ring … and is attacked from behind by Sgt Slaughter !!! – 7 mins (C)

Final Show Rating: (C)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-02-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:24 AM   #106
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sunday Week 2, June 1983
And so the great reveal comes with a middling response at best. The hodgepodge of matches in the middle of the show didn’t help build any heat but from the outset things didn’t seem to be going our way, with Sawyer & Gordy producing only limited reaction to what ostensibly was a strong opening segment.

I feel like I’m to blame for the lack of heat tonight, the angle itself still seems as solid as ever. If anything, the unexpected appearance of the WWF World Heavyweight Champion qualifies as an outright stunner.

His appearance is the product of a loan agreement reached with Maple Leaf Wrestling nearly a month ago. Since we’re at war with the WWF, it was a calculated gamble. At best I thought there was a chance that Vince McMahon would overreact and fire Slaughter for making the appearance for us which doesn’t seem to have happened. At worst, I felt there was a chance if that happened he would then target one of our workers as a replacement or at least another NWA affiliate worker that would actually make the WWF stronger in the long run while weakening our pool of available talent. Instead we seem to be somewhere in the middle, with no apparent external affects and me getting a couple more shots to use a guy who is more over than anyone on our roster not named Hansen or Zbyszko.

The Iron Mike Sharpe swerve was, as you’ve probably figured out by now, the result of the last second talent trade arranged with Joel Watts just hours before the show.

Meanwhile, from the land of bizarre conversations, we reached out with a possible opportunity to a local talent that had caught our eye on a small local TV program. 28 year old interviewer Boni Blackstone is the wife of local promoter Joe Pedicino & has been working with him as the host of a show that features highlights from promotions around the country. A nice young lady with camera appeal but virtually no popularity outside the South East we figured she might give us something different in our interview segments & angles at a reasonable cost. Her asking price?
$1,207 per appearance. Let’s just say the conversation didn’t last long after that, I had to hang up pretty quickly because it would have been downright rude to let her hear all the laughter that followed.

Elsewhere last night, the AWA went to Shreveport, LA (2000 & C) where Wahoo McDaniel & Baron Von Raschke went to a time limit draw against Nick Bockwinkel & Ken Patera. Also, The Iron Sheik & partner Brad Rheingans came up short against Rick Martel & Jim Brunzell … SECW ran to a lukewarm crowd in Andover, MI (234 & E+) with Plowboy Frazier beating Punk Rock Ferris in the main event … The CWA went to Tampa, FL (2000 & C) as Moondog Rex & Austin Idol became the new Southern Tag Team champions by defeating The Fabulous Ones (Keirn & Lane) after 10 title defenses … For the UWA it was another successful show in West Central Mexico (2000 & C+) as Dr. Wagner & Canek beat El Solitario & Gran Hamada.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #107
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Monday Week 3, June 1983
Still kind of bummed out about the response to Saturday’s show but there’s two more house shows & one more TV show between now and the end of the month show on Week 4 Friday, so maybe there’s time to regain momentum. But that next TV show sure looms large in my mind at the moment.

While we do our thing, other people do their thing, including the WWF who ran last night at The Showboat (1,519 & C-) where Don Muraco defeated Jimmy Snuka and Ray Stevens teamed with Roddy Piper to upset Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant … For the CWF it was a night in San Antonio (822 & D+) as Windham & Bass beat Kevin Sullivan & Jake Roberts to retain their Florida Tag Team titles, while Bob Roop pinned Adrian Street and Leroy Brown was too much for The Professional (Les Thornton) … PNW stayed close to home in the North West (2,000 & C) as Dutch Savage defeated Buddy Rose to retain their Heavyweight title, Dr. Tom Prichard beat Don Running Bear to keep their TV title and Joe Malenko d. Dean Malenko to open the show … In Montreal (4,646 & C-) the IWF saw Gilles Poisson go to a double DQ with Pierre Lefebvre and Ray Rougeau & Rick Martel defeat Tony Parisi & Dino Bravo … GLOW ventured to Tempe, AZ (2000 & E+) where Tammy Jones and The Cheerleaders retained their titles with wins over Manna the Headhunter and The Headhunters respectively. Best match of the night saw California Doll defeat Judy Martin.

After weeks of speculation, WCCW reached an agreement to extend the contract of Texas Hvywt champion Terry Gordy while the CWF is attempting to do the same with Barry Windham.

Taking a look at the TV ratings for various wrestling shows for the past week …
GCW on TBS posted a 2.89, peaking in the 1st half hour at 2.90 (up 0.03 for a new high)
AWA on US Small Synd II posted a 1.51 (down 0.01)
WWF on US Synd Small I posted a 1.51 (up 0.08)
Mid-Atlantic on Local TV posted a 0.84 (same, equals their high)
WCCW Local-Mid South posted a 0.62 (up 0.06, equals their high)
CWF Wrestling from Florida on Local-SE posted a 0.36 (up 0.01)
Mid-South on Local II posted a 0.26 (same)
WWC on WAPA/Puerto Rico posted a 0.17 (same)
CWA All-Stars on WMC posted a 0.12 (up 0.01 for a new high)
Big Time Wrestling on Local-NW posted a 0.12 (up 0.01)
GLOW on US Small Syn III posted a 0.08 (same)
Wrestling at the Chase (CENT) on Local MW II posted a 0.07 (down 0.01)
SECW on Local SE II posted a 0.00 (same)
HCW on Local – Mid South III posted a 0.00 (same)
SWCW on USA cancelled finishing on a 0.34
CWA on Local – Grt Lks III cancelled finishing on a 0.00
ICW All-Stars on WTVQ cancelled on a 0.00

ITV World of Sport on ITV posted a 0.62 (up 0.01)
IWM on Local Quebec posted a 0.41 (same)
UWA Lucha Total on TV Mexico South posted a 0.14 (up 0.05 for new high)
AGPW on TV Local Canada-Maritimes posted a 0.07 (down 0.01 for new low)
CMLL on Telemundo cancelled 1.23
World Pro Wrestling (NJPW) on ASAHI cancelled finishing on a 1.51
Puroresu Chukei (AJPW) on Nippon TV cancelled on a 1.50
Ringside Wrestling (MLW) on TV Canada East cancelled on a 0.90
Stampede Wrestling on TV Canada West cancelled on a 0.28
Old 12-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #108
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Tuesday Week 3, June 1983
Quiet day for us, not a lot going on elsewhere last night either.

ASW went to British Columbia (1,000 & D) as Moose Morowski won a three way dance over Bob Brown & Buck Ramstead to retain his Canadian Hvywt title, while Timothy Flowers took the TV title from Oly Olsen after seven defences … HCW traveled to New Orleans (1,941 & C-) for The Masked Superstar to defeat The Junkyard Dog and Iron Mike Sharpe beat Art Crews … ASW-UK ran at the Liberty Theatre in the Northern UK (300 & C-) with four successful title defenses by Mal Sanders over Mighty John Quinn for the ASWUK championship belt, Steve Wright over Skull Murphy for the British Light-Hvywt title, Mike Bennett over Frank Manley for the British Empire Middleweight title, and Marty Jones over Terry Jowett for the World Mid-Hvywt belt. All of that plus Mark Rocco over Tony St. Clair, Fit Finlay over Dorsey Lagner, and Chic Cullen over Johnny Kidd. … For AGPW is was The Maritimes (1,000 & D+) where Leo Burke defeated Pierre Lefebvre to retain their International Hvywt title and The Spoiler defeating Rick Valentine … GLOW went eastward to Bridgeport, CT (300 & E) where The Cheerleaders successfully defended their Tag Team belts with a victory over Rhonda & Corporal Kelly and California Doll teamed with Tina Ferrari to beat The Headhunters.

Industry veterans continue to tout Pat Rose as a worker with considerable promise. I don’t see it personally but hey, who knows, anything is possible I guess. Monkeys could theoretically fly out of my butt at the next show too.

Wednesday Week 3, June 1983
Typical midweek fare for most promotions, but the CWF is learning to adjust to life without Gordon Solie, who left following his contract expiration. They headed to the University of Puerto Rico (1,000 & D) for the next stop on the Endless Beach Tour, with The Purple Haze going to no contest with Blackjack Mulligan to retain the Florida Hvywt title. The Professional (Thornton) got a rare win by beating Scott McGhee, Jake Roberts retained his Bahamas title by beating Terry Allen, and the team of Charlie Cook & Adrian Street came up on the short end against Dusty Rhodes & Mike Graham … CWA visited Asheville, NC (300 & D-) as Jerry Lawler retained the AWA International title by beating Moondog Spot, also The Bruise Brother (Troy Graham & Porkchop Cash) defeated Koko B. Ware and Bobby Eaton … The WWA headed to Brooklyn, NY (240 & D-) where Chris Markoff defended the WWA Hvywt title by beating Spike Huber … JPUK sold out the Palace Theatre in Northern UK (2,000 & C) as Johnny Saint defeated Jim Breaks to retain their World Lightweight title, one of four successful title defenses on the night … CWA(Eur) saw Otto Wanz beat Klaus Wallas to retain their World Hvywt title to headline a visit to Western Europe (1921 & C-). Also on the show Tony St. Clair retained his World Middleweight belt by beating Mile Zrno and Fit Finlay suffered a disappointing loss to John Cox.

In addition to Solie’s departure from CWF, another notable exit came down in Texas where Mil Mascaras has left HCW
Old 12-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #109
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thursday Week 3, June 1983 (part 1 of 2)
Fairly busy last night in the US, with MACW running a short card (4 matches) that did well in Salem, VA (5000 & C) where Dusty Rhodes beat Terry Funk in the main event and Jos Leduc defeated Ricky Steamboat on the undercard … The AWA took the opposite approach with 12 matches for the fans at Marian College, WI (2000 & C). In the main event Nick Bockwinkel defeated Wahoo McDaniel to retain the AWA World Hvywt title while Greg Gagne beat Buzz Sawyer to keep his TV title. Also on the show Larry Zbyszko got a win over Sonny Rogers, Rick Martel & The Iron Sheik were too much for Crusher Blackwell & Brad Rheingans and Jake Milliman defeated Kenny Jay … WCCW visited the Corn Palace in South Dakota (2000 & C-) where The Freebirds defeated Kevin, Kerry, and David Von Erich to retain their Six Man Tag Team titles and Iceman Parsons beat Jim Garvin to keep their TV belt … MSW traveled up to Newark, DE (300 & D+) as Kamala & Dick the Bruiser beat Mr. Wrestling II and Junkyard Dog (again) to retain their Tag Team titles and Ted DiBiase pinned Jim Duggan earlier in the show … For the WWC it was time to stay close to home, selling out the Pepin Cestero Arena (2000 & C) for another successful Universal Hvywt title defense by Carlos Colon over Invader II … The UWA put on a fantastic show in West Central Mexico (4303 & B-) where El Solitario defeated Canek to retain the WWF World Light Heavyweight title and Dos Caras took their World Junior Lightweight title from Perro Aguayo after 16 defenses.

In true schizo UWA fashion, after the show it was learned that the promotion which seems to perpetually sign and release wrestlers have added Ultraman, Rayo de Jalisco, Jr, and La Parka to their roster. Meanwhile we’ve asked Terry Gordy for negotiations that might extend his contract which now has only 30 days remaining.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #110
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thursday Week 3, June 1983, (part two of two)

Stars of GCW On Tour – 60 minutes at Grambling (LA) Memorial Gym with 604 in attendance

Pre-show
Chic Cullen defeated Tim Horner in 5:33 by pinfall. (D-)
The announcing of Freddy Miller lifted the match. The commentary by Jake Roberts gave the match a boost.

Tommy Rich stops by to talk with Freddy Miller – 3 mins (C+)
Tommy Rich is developing better performance skills.

Brad Armstrong defeated Randy Barber in 5:45 by pinfall (E-)
The announcing of Miller lifted the match. The commentary by Roberts gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Main show

Tommy Rich defeated Iron Mike Sharpe in 7:51 by pinfall (C+)

El Halcón defeated Pat Rose in 5:50 by pinfall. (D)
The announcing by Miller lifted the match. The commentary by Roberts gave the match a boost.

Jake Roberts hypes his upcoming match and general all around greatness – 3 mins – (B-)

Paul Orndorff defeated Terry Gordy in 9:36 by disqualification. (B)
This match lifted the crowd.

Jake Roberts defeated Koko B. Ware in 10:17 by pinfall (C-)
Jake Roberts and Koko B. Ware don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. The commentary by The Spoiler gave the match a boost.

Mr. Wrestling II cuts a standard face promo – 3 mins (C+)

The Spoiler defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 10:06 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. (B-)
Mr. Wrestling II and The Spoiler have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. The match suffered because of the lack of selling on display. This match lifted the crowd.

Final Show Rating: (C+)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-05-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #111
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Friday Week 3, June 1983
Uneven show with some very good moments last night, not bad considering the small crowd that made the guys work for every pop.

Also last night the WWF visited Augusta, ME (5000 & C-) where Ray Stevens & Rocky Johnson defeated Jesse Ventura & Don Kernodle in the main event while Andre the Giant & Hulk Hogan got a victory in the middle of the show over The Masked Superstar & Big John Studd … WCCW headed down to Lake Charles, LA (5000 & C) with The Great Kabuki & Jimmy Garvin beating Kevin & Mike Von Erich in the main event while Dave & Kerry Von Erich beat Freebirds Hayes & Roberts earlier in the show … CENT was in Warren, RI (300 & D+) highlighted by Harley Race beating Roger Kirby … PNW went cross country to Williston, FL (254 & D+) as Kendo Nagasaki & Rip Oliver beat Dean Ho & Al Madril … New Japan ran in Tohoku (2000 & C-) with Inoki & Kimura going over Fujiwara & Abdullah the Butcher in the main event and Tatsumi Fujinami defending his WWF International Hvywt belt with a victory against Riki Choshu … JPUK was at the Royal Festival Hall in the Southern UK (2000 & C-) where Big Daddy beat Tony Walsh in the main event.

Freelance veteran The Mongolian Stomper has left CENT as his contract expired.

Saturday Week 3, June 1983, (part 1 of 2)
We’re getting ready for the final TV show before our end of the month biggie but the rest of wrestling world wasn’t sitting still.

MACW hit the road to Santa Barbara, CA (1000 & C-) where Ricky Steamboat & Chris Youngblood defended their NWA World Tag Team titles with a win over Jerry Brisco & Dory Funk while Greg Valentine retained the US Heavywt title by beating Bugsy McGraw … The AWA was in nearby Macon, GA (300 & C) where Rick Martel defeated Ken Patera and Wahoo McDaniel beat Buzz Sawyer … MSW headed up to New Jersey (300 & D) and came back with a new TV champion as Nikolai Volkoff defeated Mr. Olympia. And of course Dick Murdoch & Kamala teamed to beat the Junkyard Dog and Mr. Wrestling II, what MSW show would be complete without that match? (the fifth such matchup in four weeks). Also on the show Tiger Conway, Jr defeated Pat Rose … The WWC was in Austin, TX (134 & D) for a quick show that featured Carlos Colon going over Invader II …To the north the IWA was in Quebec (2000 & D+)
Old 12-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #112
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Saturday Week 3, June 1983, (part 2 of 2)

Stars of GCW On Tour – 90 minutes at Oman Arena, Jackson, TN with 5,000 in attendance

Pre-show
Les Thornton defeated Mike Starbuck in 5:36 by pinfall. (B-)
The announcing of Gordon Solie lifted the match. Mike Starbuck was really off his game tonight. Les Thornton and Mike Starbuck have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown. This match lifted the crowd.

Main show
Bob Orton, Jr defeated Terry Gordy in 7:51 by pinfall (B)
Terry Gordy and Bob Orton Jr. don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. The announcing quality lifted the match. This match lifted the crowd.

Emilio Charles, Jr defeated Brett Wayne in 5:32 by pinfall. (D)
The announcing by Solie lifted the match. The commentary by Sonny King gave the match a boost.

Gordon Solie talks about the importance of Stan Hansen having friends like Ole Anderson now that Larry Zbsyzko has brought in Sgt Slaughter – 3 mins – (B+)

Ole Anderson defeated Iron Mike Sharpe in 6:48 by pinfall. (D+
The work of Solie & King gave the match a boost.

Bobby Eaton defeated Len Denton in 5:52 by pinfall. (C+)
The announcing quality lifted the match. Bobby Eaton is improving in Performance skills.

Gordon Solie talks about the unexpected turn of events with Zbyszko & Hansen – 3 mins – (B)

Tommy Rich defeated Eric Embry in 7:35 by pinfall. (C+
Eric Embry is improving in Performance skills.

Buzz Sawyer defeated Ronnie Garvin in 7:18 by pinfall. (B)
Ronnie Garvin seemed off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. This match lifted the crowd. Ronnie Garvin is improving in Technical skills.

Gordon Solie tries to talk to Larry but Hansen comes in & security has to separate the two – 5 mins (B)

Stan Hansen defeated The Iron Sheik in 8:37 by pinfall. (B+)
The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown. This match lifted the crowd. Stan Hansen is improving in Technical skills.

Larry Zbyszko defeated Bullet Bob Armstrong in 12:27 by pinfall. Zbyszko makes defence number 7 of his National Heavyweight title. (B)
[i] Bullet Bob Armstrong was really off his game tonight. Larry Zbyszko and Bullet Bob Armstrong don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. The announcing quality lifted the match. This match lifted the crowd. [i]

Final Show Rating: (B)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-06-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #113
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sunday Week 3, June 1983
Not too shabby, with a strong start seemingly helping the show out a lot. Last night was the final appearance on the loan contract for Iron Mike Sharpe.

The best news of the weekend is something that the fans won’t really see, or rather, that they’ll keep seeing. We reached a 9 month p.p.a. contract extension with Gordon Solie, with only a slight increase in his weekly cost (about $250/wk more). Didn’t want to lose The Voice.

Elsewhere last night, SECW drew almost 2,000 people to Tampa, FL where Jimmy Golden beat Norvell Austin the main event … SW Championship Wrestling sold out a 1,000 seat venue in Ohio as Manny Fernandez & Bob Sweetan beat The Sheepherders to retain the SW Tag Team Titles … CWA was in Frederick, MD where Stan Lane beat Austin Idol … Down in Southern Mexico the UWA show was highlighted by Hamada, Solitario, & Caras beating Canek, Wagner, & Aguayo to retain their Trios Titles.

Monday Week 4, June 1983
One more house show before the end of the month big show, hopefully we regained some momentum with that strong TV outing.

Elsewhere last night, the WWF was in New Jersey (4,709 & C+) where Sgt Slaughter beat Andre the Giant in the main event. Thanks  … CWF came to Macon, GA and sold out the 2,000 City Auditorium with Barry Windham & Ron Bass beating Kevin Sullivan and Jake Roberts to retain the Florida Tag Titles. … International Wrestling ran in Quebec and 2,000 fans watched Raymond Rougeau go to a no contest with Gilles Poisson.

One other note, a recent poll found that fans think Dusty Rhodes is “The Most Entertaining Wrestler in the World”.

GCW on TBS posted a 2.97 (up 0.08 for a new high)
AWA on US Small Synd II posted a 1.64 (up 0.13)
WWF on US Synd Small I posted a 1.62 (up 0.11)
Mid-Atlantic on Local TV posted a 0.82 (down 0.02)
WCCW Local-Mid South posted a 0.56 (down 0.06)
CWF Wrestling from Florida on Local-SE posted a 0.45 (up 0.09 for a new high)
Mid-South on Local II posted a 0.27 (up 0.01)
Big Time Wrestling on Local-NW posted a 0.11 (down 0.01)
CWA All-Stars on WMC posted a 0.10 (down 0.02)
Wrestling at the Chase (CENT) on Local MW II posted a 0.08 (up 0.01)

ITV World of Sport on ITV posted a 0.61 (down 0.01)
IWM on Local Quebec posted a 0.32 (down 0.09 for a new low)
UWA Lucha Total on TV Mexico South posted a 0.14 (same)
AGPW on TV Local Canada-Maritimes posted a 0.08 (up 0.01)
Old 12-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #114
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Tuesday Week 4, June 1983
Negotiations will continue with Terry Gordy, he’s still not willing to commit to a longer term contract & we’re trying to avoid overpaying.

Could HCW be starting to worry about their future? After drawing less than 300 fans to their big show of the month (C-) in the Midwest, they released five workers from the midcard ranks, including El Sicodelico, Art Crews, and Perry Jackson … GLOW sold out a tiny Northwest venue & entertained (E) with Tammy Jones beating Matilda the Hun to retain the GLOW Crown Title in the main event … AGPW Int’l HW Champ Leo Burke defeated The Cuban Assassin in the main event in The Maritimes (1,000 & C-) … ASW was in Manitoba (123 & D-) where Moose Morowski beat Bob Brown to keep his Canadian HW Title … Over in the U.K., All-Star Wrestling sold out Birmingham Town Hall with Mal Sanders defending his Championship Title with a win over Mighty John Quinn. Also appearing on the show were Tony St. Clair who defeated Skull Murphy and Fit Finlay, who lost to LHW Champion Steve Wright in a solid match.

Wednesday Week 4, June 1983
Negotiations will go to round three with Terry Gordy, he’s still not willing to commit to a longer term contract & we’re trying to avoid overpaying. Having trouble getting things exactly to everyone’s liking.

We also failed to come to terms with Harley Race. Both sides were interested & willing, but it came down to a simple matter of being too far apart on dollars. I just couldn’t justify paying him almost double what Stan Hansen has been making, at least not with the current makeup of our roster. Maybe later.

We did reach agreement with one very talented worker, whose identity will be revealed fairly soon.

Elsewhere in wrestling last night, Mid-Atlantic visited Shreveport, LA (1,000 & C-) with Ric Flair defending his NWA World Title with a win over Ivan Koloff … CWF took their act to the Midwest (1,000 & D+) with Windham & Bass once again defeating Kevin Sullivan & Jake Roberts to retain their Florida Tag Team titles. Also on the show, Terry Allen & Adrian Street went to no contest ... The CWA was in Oak Park, MI (1,000 & D) where Jerry Lawler beat Austin Idol to retain the AWA International belt, while The Bruise Brothers beat [b]Bobby Eaton[b] & Koko B. Ware in the opener … The WWA traveled to Indianapolis where a capacity crowd (1,000 & D+) watched Chris Markoff beat Stunning Steve Regal to retain the WWA HW Title … JPUK put on a solid show at the Nottingham Playhouse (750 & C), with Johnny Saint turning back Jim Breaks in the main event to retain their World LW Title … Catch Wrestling Association ran a small show in Eastern Europe (276 & D+) with Otto Wanz beating Axel Dieter in the main event, while Tony St. Clair defeated Michael Schneider to retain the CWA MW Title
Old 12-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #115
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thursday Week 4, June 1983, (part one of two)
It took several sessions but we finally reach agreement with Terry Gordy who will be sticking around for at least another three months.

Elsewhere last night Ric Flair defended the NWA World HW Title with a win over Jos LeDuc at the MACW show in Huntington, NY (300 & D+) … Nick Bockwinkel defeated Wahoo McDaniel to defend the AWA World HW Title on their show in South Dakota (5,000 & C+) … WCCW was in Conway, AR (5,000 & C) where Terry Gordy went to a double countout with David Von Erich in the main event to retain the Texas HW Title. Earlier in the evening Jimmy Garvin defeated Kevin Von Erich to win the American HW Title … Mid-South visited Stephenville, TX (2,000 & C) where Dick Murdoch & Kamala defended their Tag Team titles with a win over Mr. Wrestling II & The Junkyard Dog

Thursday Week 4, June 1983, (part two of two)

Stars of GCW On Tour – 60 minutes at Marion College Auditorium (WI) with 1,368 in attendance

Pre-show
Bobby Eaton defeated Pat Rose in 5:50 by pinfall. (D+)
Bobby Eaton and Pat Rose don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. The announcing of Dick Graham & commentary of Sonny King gave the match a boost..

El Halcon defeated Pez Whatley in 5:48 by pinfall (D+)
The announcing of Dick Graham & commentary of Sonny King gave the match a boost.

Main show

Mr. Wrestling II defeated Eric Embry in 6:49 by pinfall (C-)
Mr. Wrestling II and Eric Embry just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances. The announcing and commentary gave the match a boost.

Rick Hunter defeated Dave Finlay in 5:37 by pinfall. (C-)
The announcing by Graham lifted the match. The commentary by King gave the match a boost.

Tommy Rich hypes with Sonny King at ringside prior to his match – 3 mins – (C )

Tommy Rich defeated Road Warrior Hawk in 6:29 by pinfall
(B-)
Paul Ellering did some good work at ringside. This match lifted the crowd.

Jake Roberts defeated Ronnie Garvin in 5:35 by pinfall. (B)

Jake Roberts grabs a mic and insults the crowd – 3 mins – ( C )

Adrian Street defeated Paul Orndorff in 7:50 by pinfall (B-)

Buzz Sawyer defeated Bullet Bob Armstrong in 8:50 by pinfall. ( C )

Final Show Rating: (C)
There are no specific comments to be made about this show
Old 12-10-2010, 07:29 PM   #116
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Friday Week 4, June 1983 (part one of two)
Things were going pretty well right up until the main event fell flat compared to the rest of the show. Might have burned the crowd out too soon.

8 other promotions ran shows last night, including the WWF who took In Your Neighborhood to the University of Puerto Rico (1,000 & D) as The Wild Samoans defended their WWF Tag Team Titles with a win over Jimmy Snuka & Bob Backlund, Don Muraco beat Tony Garea to retain the IC Title, and Ivan Putski & Tito Santana defeated Jesse Venture & Don Kernodle in the main event. Also on the card, Big John Studd defeated Rocky Johnson but will miss a month after suffering a broken wrist … World Class was in New Jersey (300 & D+) where Jimmy Garvin defended his American HW Title with a win over Kerry Von Erich while David Von Erich beat The Great Kabuki in the main event … New Japan sold out a show in Kanto (2000 & C) as Tiger Mask beat The Dynamite Kid to retain the WWF Jr HW Title and Tatsumi Fujinami defeated Osamu Kido to retain the WWF International HW title …

Friday Week 4, June 1983, (part two of two)

GCW End of the Month Spectacular – 120 minutes at Atlanta Civic Center with 4,219 in attendance

Pre-show
Bobby Eaton defeated Pez Whatley in 6:08 by pinfall. (C+)
Bobby Eaton seemed off his game tonight. Pez Whatley seemed off his game tonight. Eaton & Whatley have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. The announcing of Gordon Solie lifted the match.

El Halcon defeated Brett Wayne in 5:31 by pinfall (D-)
The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary of Sonny King gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down..

Main show

Terry Gordy defeated Bullet Bob Armstrong in 6:46 by pinfall (B+)
Terry Gordy and Bullet Bob Armstrong have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. The match suffered because of the lack of selling on display. This match lifted the crowd.

Len Denton defeated Chic Cullen in 5:31 by pinfall. (D+)
The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

[u]The Spoiler hypes himself at ringside – 2 mins – (B-)

The Iron Sheik defeated Ronnie Garvin in 5:48 by pinfall (C+)
The match suffered because of the lack of selling on display. The announcing quality lifted the match.

Paul Orndorff defeated Emilio Charles, Jr in 5:42 by pinfall. (B-)
The announcing quality lifted the match. Paul Orndorff is improving in Technical skills.

[u]Mark Rocco brags about being TV Champion – 2 mins – (D+)
There are no specific comments to be made about this angle.

The Spoiler defeated Thunderbolt Patterson in 5:50 by pinfall (C+)
Thunderbolt Patterson seemed off his game tonight. The Spoiler and Thunderbolt Patterson don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. The announcing quality lifted the match.

Adrian Street defeated Tony St. Clair in 5:50 by pinfall. ( C )
Adrian Street and Tony St. Clair don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. The announcing quality lifted the match.

Jake the Snake brags about being Jake the Snake – 2 mins – (B)

Jake Roberts defeated Rick Hunter in 5:40 by pinfall
(B)

Mark Rocco defeated Les Thornton in 6:50 by pinfall to defend his National TV Title for the 3rd time ( C )
The announcing quality lifted the match.

Sgt. Slaughter bragged about what he planned to do to Stan Hansen tonight – 3 mins – (B)

Buzz Sawyer defeated Tommy Rich in 6:52 with a handful of tights (B)

Mr Wrestling I & Mr Wrestling II defeated The Road Warriors in 5:54 by pinfall to defend their National Tag Teams Titles for the 2nd time (C+)
Animal seemed off his game tonight. Paul Ellering did some good work at ringside.The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown. The announcing & commentary quality lifted the match. The performance of Mr. Wrestling II stood out as being good.

Larry Zbsyzko bragged about being champion & staying champion – 3 mins – (B)

Larry Zbsyzko defeated Ole Anderson in 8:39 by pinfall to defend his National Heavyweight Title for the 8th time (B)
The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown. The announcing quality lifted the match. This match lifted the crowd.

Stan Hansen defeated Sgt Slaughter in a Texas Death Match in 12:12 (A)

Final Show Rating: (B+)
Old 12-11-2010, 08:50 AM   #117
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Saturday Week 4, June 1983, (part 1 of 2)
Not too shabby, but there’s no rest for the weary as we have to rebound for a TV taping tonight.
With the loan contract for Sarge about to be used up & the contract of Pat Rose entering its final month, we could use a couple of bodies to maintain the heel side of the roster so we make a couple of talent swaps to fill that need.

First we reach out to Pacific Northwest Wrestling and agree on a three match deal that brings in Rip Rogers ($500/per) in return for the use of Brett Wayne.

Next we look to Houston and find Rome, GA native Marty Lunde ($500/per), who will be available for up to three matches in return for the use of Pat Rose.

Also got a couple of other phone calls out, just fishing really.

Both are a bit expensive for what we’ll use them for but somebody has to be out there & I’d prefer to avoid jobbing Emilio Charles & Dave Finlay every week. We also reached out to the management at JPUK to inquire about a working relationship with them, neither of us is a threat to the other any time soon, if ever.

Elsewhere last night, Wahoo McDaniel & Baron Von Raschke beat Nick Bockwinkel & Ken Patera in the main event of the AWA show (2,000 & C) in Tempe, AZ … Ric Flair beat Ivan Koloff once again, as MACW sold out in Boone, NC (10,000 & C+). Also on the card, Dusty Rhodes beat Bob Orton, Jr and Dizzy Ed Hogan became the new MACW HW Champion by beating Dory Funk, Jr. … CWF struggled in Pennsylvania (300 & D) with a no contest main event between Purple Haze & Bob Roop … Ted DiBiase beat Mr. Olympia to retain the NA HW title as MSW visited Landover, MD (300 & D) Also appearing were Tim Horner who pinned Perry Jackson and Pat Rose who lost to Mike Bond … The WWC traveled to the Northwest US (110 & D+) with Carlos Colon & The Invader retaining their tag titles with a win over Pedro Morales & Hercules Ayala … Bruiser Brody defeated Giant Baba as AJPW sold out a small show in Kinki (1,000 & C) … The UWA ran in West Central Mexico (2,000 & C+) with El Solitario going over Vilano III to retain the WWF LHW belt …

Saturday Week 4, June 1983, (part two of two)

Georgia Championship Wrestling (TV) – 90 minutes at Akron Civic Theater with 2,000 in attendance

Pre-show
Rip Rogers defeated Dave Finlay in 5:38 by pinfall with The Hustle. (D)
Rip Rogers seemed off his game tonight. The announcing of Dick Graham lifted the match. The commentary of Freddy Miller gave the match a boost.

Main show

Paul Orndorff defeated The Iron Sheik in 9:39 by pinfall with a Piledriver. ( C )
There are no specific comments to be made about this match..

Pez Whatley defeated Joe Lightfoot in 6:23 by pinfall with a Flying Willie Headbutt. (D-)
Pez Whatley and Joe Lightfoot have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. The announcing & commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

The Spoiler hypes himself at as a dangerous man – 4 mins – (C-)

The Spoiler defeated Brad Armstrong in 6:19 by pinfall with a Tightrope Clawhold. by pinfall (D+)
The announcing & colour commentary gave the match a boost. The Spoiler looked good out there.

Koko B. Ware defeated Pat Rose in 5:48 by pinfall with a Brainbuster. (D+)
Koko B. Ware and Pat Rose have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. The announcing & commentary gave the match a boost. Pat Rose is improving in Performance skills.

Koko B. Ware celebrates & poses with a young fan – 2 mins – (D)

Mark Rocco defeated Mr. Wrestling in 7:55 by pinfall with a Diving Headbutt. Mark Rocco makes defence number 4 of his National Television title. (C)
There are no specific comments to be made about this match.

Tony St. Clair defeated Les Thornton in 7:55 by pinfall. ( C )

Zbyszko tells Jim Barnett that Stan Hansen can’t beat him, will never beat him, and that Barnett & the fans may as well learn to live with that reality – 3 mins – (B-)

Larry Zbyszko defeated El Halcón in 6:31 by pinfall with a Shoulder Breaker. Larry Zbyszko makes defence number 9 of his National Heavyweight title. (C)

Stan Hansen defeated Adrian Street in 13:51 by pinfall with The Lariat. ( C )
This match lifted the crowd. Stan Hansen is improving in Technical skills.

Final Show Rating: (B-)
Old 12-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #118
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sunday Week 4, June 1983
Hansen & Street deliver a big finish & save what could have been a disappointing week of television. Whew.

We’ve also gotten word through the grapevine that Larry Zbyszko turned down an offer from MLW, although that’s apparently more due to his loyalty to the AWA than to us. Also hearing that AJPW may not renew the contract of promising youngster Mitsuharu Misawa.

Elsewhere last night, the WWF ran their big show at the end of the month, drawing less than 1,000 people in Austin, TX (817 & C-). Sgt Slaughter retained the WWF HW Title with a win over Pedro Morales, while Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant beat Superstar Billy Graham & Michael P.S. Hayes … SECW went to the Northwest (187 & D-) where Mr. Olympia beat Bob Armstrong … The CWA was in New Mexico (235 & D) as Moondog Rex upset Jerry Lawler … AJPW sold out a small venue in Kyushu (1,000 & C) with Giant Baba & Jumbo Tsuruta retaining their NWA Int’l Tag Team titles with a win over Bruiser Brody & Terry Funk. Also on hand, Harley Race who defeated Motoshi Okuma … In West Central Mexico, the UWA had a nice crowd (2,000 & C) as the trio of Hamada, Solitario, and Caras defeated Aguayo, Villano III, and Wagner, Jr to retain the UWA World Trios Title. The show also marked the final UWA appearance for superstar Canek, who chose not to renew his contract in hopes of finding bigger & greener pastures.

Monday Week 1, July 1983 (part one of four)
So we’ve made it to another month, hopefully things will continue to heat up for us just like the weather.

Elsewhere last night, the WWF was in Ft.Laudedale, FL (1,000 & C-) where Don Muraco & Sgt Slaughter teamed up to beat Ray Stevens & Bob Backlund in the main event … The CWF traveled up to Farmville, VA (1,749 & D+) with Blackjack Mulligan defeating Kevin Sullivan in the main event. Also, Dusty Rhodes beat Adrian Street… Mid-South Wrestling ran their big show for the month in the Mid West (1,000 & C-) where Ted DiBiase beat The Junkyard Dog to retain his N.A. HW Title. Also [b]Mr. Wrestling II beat Dick Murdoch, Tim Horner went to a double countout with Art Crews, and Steve Williams pinned Pat Rose … CENT had a capacity crowd in Ft. Worth (2,000 & C-) for Manny Fernandez to beat Super Destroyer & retain his CS HW Title … International Wrestling ran in Quebec (2,000 & C-) for Gilles Poisson to beat Pierre Lefebvre in the main event … Stampede went to Saskatoon (1,000 & C-) as Bret Hart defeated Davey Boy Smith to retain his CSW N.A. HW Title … Catch Wrestling visited Western Europe (2,000 & D+) where Otto Wanz beat Klaus Wallas to retain the CWA World HW Title. Also, Yasu Fuji beat Dave Finlay and Tony St. Clair pinned Jaroslav Novak to retain the CWA World MW Title …

Other news includes the official retirement of the incredibly popular Sheik of Araby, along with the retirement of Bulldog Don Kent, former MACW & Florida Tag Team champion Rip Hawk, UK legends Jackie Pallo & Mal Kirk and Mexico’s Great Goliath who was a former WCCW tag team champion when he teamed with Black Gordman.

Several other well known stars have announced their plans to retire at the end of the month, including The Fabulous Moolah, Reggie “The Crusher” Lisowski, Bob Orton, Sr., and 60’s tag team star Smasher Sloan aka “Spoiler #2”.

GCW on TBS posted a 2.86 (down 0.11)
AWA on US Small Synd II posted a 1.51 (down 0.13)
WWF on US Synd Small I posted a 1.51 (down 0.11)
Mid-Atlantic on Local TV posted a 0.76 (down 0.06)
WCCW Local-Mid South posted a 0.56 (same)
CWF Wrestling from Florida on Local-SE posted a 0.37 (down 0.08)
Mid-South on Local II posted a 0.28 (up 0.01)
Big Time Wrestling on Local-NW posted a 0.13 (up 0.02)
CWA All-Stars on WMC posted a 0.11 (up 0.01)
Wrestling at the Chase (CENT) on Local MW II posted a 0.07 (down 0.01)

ITV World of Sport on ITV posted a 0.62 (up 0.01)
IWM on Local Quebec posted a 0.31 (down 0.01 for a new low)
UWA Lucha Total on TV Mexico South posted a 0.14 (same)
AGPW on TV Local Canada-Maritimes posted a 0.07 (down 0.01)
Old 12-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #119
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Monday Week 1, July 1983, (part two of four)

Remember how happy I was last month at this time? I’m not that happy today.

A rough month financially, losing $61,264. Ticket sales were down nearly $50k, worker cost was up nearly $40k, a brutal combination after a small $12k profit the previous month. We’re going to have to be more careful in the cost of booking shows.

Starting the new month, here are our roster positions
Main Event (8) – Sawyer, Zbyszko, Wrestling II, Anderson, Hansen, Rich, Bob Orton, Jr., Sgt. Slaughter,
Upper Midcard (8) – Gordy, Street, Bob Armstrong, Roberts, Rocco, Orndorff, Sheik, Spoiler, one not debuted
Midcard (12) – Denton, Sheik, Eaton, Halcon, Embry, Hunter, Hawk, Animal, R. Garvin, St.Clair, Marty Lunde, Rip Rogers,
Lower Midcard (6) – Thornton, Wayne, Charles,Jr, Ware, Whatley, Horner
Opener (4) – Brad Armstrong, Finlay, Lightfoot, Barber
Enhancement (1) – Cullen, Starbuck, P. Rose
Occasional – Thunderbolt Patterson, Mr. Wrestling I

Talking to the guys
Brett Wayne sees himself as a midcarder & is extremely unhappy with his amount of losses
Chic Cullen sees himself as more of an opener
Emilio Charles, Jr sees himself as more of a midcarder
Eric Embry sees himself as more of an upper midcarder
Mark Rocco sees himself as more of a main eventer
Marty Lunde sees himself as more of an upper midcarder
Mr. Wrestling would rather be a road agent but occasional wrestler is okay too.
Paul Orndorff sees himself as more of a main eventer
Rip Rogers sees himself as more of an upper midcarder
Road Warrior Animal sees himself as more of an upper midcarder
Ronnie Garvin sees himself as more of an upper midcarder
The Spoiler sees himself as more of a main eventer

Our popularity still stable in our top regions, C+ in the Southeast & C- in the Great Lakes. We’re now up to E+ in all the rest of the U.S. regions.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #120
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Monday Week 1, July 1983, (part three of four))

Rest of the World Promotions
There are 28 other promotions of note around the world, and we still have some sort of relationship with most of them.

United States
1)World Wrestling Federation (WWF) - Cult with B prestige - at war
2)Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (MACW) - Cult with C+ prestige - working agreement
3)American Wrestling Association (AWA) - Cult with C+ prestige
4)Championship Wrestling from Florida (CWF) - Regional with D+ prestige - working agreement
5)Mid-South Wrestling (MSW) - Regional with D+ prestige,up from D - working agreement
6)World Class Championship Wrestling (WCCW) - Regional with D+ prestige, up from D - hostile
7)Central States (CSTATE) - Regional with D prestige - working agreement
8)World Wrestling Council (WWC) - Regional with D- prestige
9)Houston Championship Wrestling (HCW) – Regional with D- prestige - working agreement
10)Pacific Northwest (PNW) - Regional with E+ prestige - working agreement
11)Championship Wrestling Association (CWA) - Regional with E+ prestige - working agreement
12)Southeastern Championship Wrestling (SECW) –Regional with E prestige-working agreement
13)Southwest Championship Wrestling (SWCW) - Regional with E- prestige - working agreement
14)Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling (GLOW) - Regional with F prestige
15)International Championship Wrestling (ICW) - Small with F prestige
16)World Wrestling Association (WWA) - Small with F- prestige

Canada
1)International Wrestling Montreal (IWM) - Regional with E+ prestige - non-agression
2)Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling (AGPW) - Regional with E prestige
3)Maple Leaf Wrestling (MLW) - Regional with E prestige – working agreement
4)Calgary Stampede Wrestling (CSW) - Regional with E prestige (down from E+)
5)All-Star Wrestling (ASW) - Small with F+ prestige - non-agression

Mexico
1)Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL) - Cult with C prestige
2)Universal Wrestling Association (UWA) - Regional with E prestige

Japan
1)All Japan Pro Wrestling (AJPW) - Regional with D+ prestige
2)New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) - Regional with D+ prestige, up from D
3)All Japan Women's Pro Wrestling (AJWP) – Regional with E+ prestige

UK
1)Joint Promotions (JP) - Cult with D+ prestige, up from D
2)All Star Wrestling UK - (ASWUK) - Regional with E prestige

Europe
1)Catch Wrestling Association (CWA) - Regional with D prestige, up from D-

Top Champions Around The World
1)World Wrestling Federation (WWF) – Sgt Slaughter since May 1983
2)Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (MACW) - Ric Flair since Sept 1981
3)American Wrestling Association (AWA) - Nick Bockwinkel since October 1982
4)Championship Wrestling from Florida (CWF) - Purple Haze since April 1983
5)Mid-South Wrestling (MSW) - Ted DiBiase since April 1983
6)World Class Championship Wrestling (WCCW) - Terry Gordy since April 1983
7)Central States (CSTATE) - Manny Fernandez since September 1982
8)World Wrestling Council (WWC) - Carlos Colon since April 1982
9)Houston Championship Wrestling (HCW) – Gino Hernandez since April 1983
10)Pacific Northwest (PNW) - Dutch Savage since April 1983
11)Championship Wrestling Association (CWA) - Jerry Lawler since April 1983
12)Southeastern Championship Wrestling (SECW) – Bob Armstrong since December 1982
13)Southwest Championship Wrestling (SWCW) - Adrian Adonis since April 1983
14)Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling (GLOW) - Tammy Jones since April 1983
15)International Championship Wrestling (ICW) - Randy Savage since January 1982
16)World Wrestling Association (WWA) - Chris Markoff since April 1983

Canada
1)International Wrestling Montreal (IWM) - Gilles Poisson since April 1983
2)Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling (AGPW) - Leo Burke since April 1983
3)Maple Leaf Wrestling (MLW) – Tiger Jeet Singh since May 1983
4)Calgary Stampede Wrestling (CSW) - Bret Hart since October 1982
5)All-Star Wrestling (ASW) - Moose Morowski since November 1982

Mexico
1)Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL) - Lizmark since April 1983
2)Universal Wrestling Association (UWA) – El Solitario since June 1983

Japan
1)All Japan Pro Wrestling (AJPW) - Jumbo Tsuruta since October 1982
2)New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) - Tatsumi Fujinami since April 1983
3)All Japan Women's Pro Wrestling (AJWP) – Dump Matsumoto since April 1983

UK
1)Joint Promotions (JP) - Johnny Saint since unknown
2)All Star Wrestling UK - (ASWUK) - Mal Sanders since April 1983

Europe
1)Catch Wrestling Association (CWA) – Otto Wanz since July 1978
Old 12-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #121
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Monday Week 1, July 1983, (part four of four)
Colley Matrix Singles Rankings as of Monday Wk 1, July 1983

Code:
Team Rating W L T 1 Larry Zbyszko 567 15 0 0 2 Stan Hansen 468 10 1 1 3 Tommy Rich 459 12 2 0 4 Mark Rocco 434 9 0 0 5 Adrian Street 367 6 2 0 6 Jake Roberts 359 8 3 0 7 Paul Orndorff 353 10 5 0 8 Bobby Eaton 347 5 0 0 9 Ole Anderson 316 9 4 0 10 The Spoiler 302 8 4 0 11 Rick Hunter 283 8 4 0 12 Koko B Ware 283 5 1 0 13 El Hacon 265 5 2 0 14 Bob Orton Jr 254 2 0 0 15 Buzz Sawyer 248 5 6 1 16 Rip Rogers 241 1 0 0 17 Mr Wrestling II 234 4 3 0 18 Tony St Clair 222 3 2 0 19 Dave Finlay 189 7 4 0 20 Terry Gordy 168 4 6 0 21 Departed Contender 167 0 0 0 22 Marty Lunde 167 0 0 0 23 Chic Cullen 166 4 3 0 24 Sgt Slaughter 138 0 1 0 25 Len Denton 133 3 6 0 26 Bob Armstrong 119 5 8 0 27 Pez Whatley 110 6 8 0 28 Eric Embry 101 3 6 0 29 Emilio Charles Jr 95 2 3 0 30 Hawk 86 2 4 0 31 The Iron Sheik 86 2 7 0 32 Paul Ellering 72 4 4 0 33 Departed Midcarder 69 2 6 0 34 Mr Wrestling I 66 0 3 0 35 Les Thornton 65 3 7 0 36 Ronnie Garvin 52 4 9 0 37 Thunderbolt Patterson 43 1 4 0 38 Departed Undercard 21 0 2 0 39 Brad Armstrong -2 4 8 0 40 Randy Barber -16 1 6 0 41 Animal -17 1 5 0 42 Tim Horner -25 1 8 0 43 Joe Lightfoot -74 1 6 0 44 Brett Wayne -83 0 6 0 45 Mike Starbuck -99 1 7 0 46 Pat Rose -133 1 11 0

note for self: 1352

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-12-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #122
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Tuesday Week 1, July 1983
Still awaiting some returned phone calls, although one call we aren’t planning to make is to Pat Rose, whose contract will expire around the end of the month. But we promise to wish him well in his future endeavors.

Elsewhere last night, Kamala the Ugandan Giant won the HCW Universal Title by defeating Gino
Hernandez in Enid, OK (1,973 & C) … GLOW sold out a high school gym in NJ (300 & E), with a main event of Royal Hawaiian & California Doll defeating Hollywood & Vine … AGPW was in Nova Scotia (1,000 & C-) as The Cuban Commandos retained their N.A. Tag Team Titles with a win over Leo Burke & The Spoiler … ASW played British Columbia (1,000 & D+) with Moose Morowski keeping his Canadian HW Title with a win over Bob Brown … ASW-UK played London (300 & C-) with Mal Sanders beating Mighty John Quinn to retain the ASW Championship Title. Also on the show Dave Finaly teamed with Skull Murphy for a win over Manley & Taylor.

Wednesday Week 1, July 1983
Still awaiting a number of returned phone calls, although one call wasn’t fruitful as we looked briefly at bringing in the worker known as Rambo down in Mexico. Just weren’t able to convince ourselves he was worth $500/p.a. to job, at least not after seeing the stark financials from last month.

Elsewhere last night, Dusty Rhodes defeated The Purple Haze to claim the Florida Heavyweight Title on a show in Rhode Island (300 & D+). Also appearing last night, Kevin Sullivan & Jake Roberts who lost to Barry Windham & Ron Bass … The WWA visited Joplin, MO (1,000 & D) as Chris Markoff retained his HW Title with a win over Spike Huber … The CWA went to the Northwest (300 & D-) for Jerry Lawler’s win over NY Assassin #1 in an AWA Int’l Title match. Also on the show, The Fabulous Ones defeated Bobby Eaton and Koko B. Ware … JPUK was in Newcastle (2,000 & C) where Johnny Saint once again defended his World Lightweight Title with a win over Jim Breaks … Catch Wrestling played Central Europe (300 & D+) where Otto Wanz once again defended his World HW Title by beating Axel Dieter. Also, Tony St. Clair defended his MW Title with a win over Mile Zrno, and Dave Finlay defeated Jaroslav Novak.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #123
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thursday Week 1 July 1983, (part one of two)
Some particularly grueling negotiations with a potential major signee continued today, not sure whether an agreement is going to be possible but we will continue working on a possible deal.

Last night, MACW was back in Macon, GA (2,000 & C) with Terry Funk beating Jimmy Valiant in the main event … The AWA headed to the Northwest (1,000 & C) where Nick Bockwinkel defended his World HW Title with a win over Baron Von Raschke. Also on the show Larry Zbyszko beat Kenny Jay and The Iron Sheik defeated Dick the Bruiser … Mid-South ran in the Northwest (300 & D+) as The Iron Men (Kamala & Dick Murdoch) defended their Tag Team titles with a win over Mr. Wrestling II and The Junkyard Dog … WCCW was in Orlando, FL (1,000 & C-) as Terry Gordy retained his Texas HW Title with a count out victory over Kerry Von Erich … The WWC visited Lexington, KY (300 & C-) for Carlos Colon to beat Abdullah the Butcher & keep his Universal HW Title …

Thursday Week 1, July 1983, (part two of two)

Stars of GCW On Tour – 60 minutes at Cathedral HS in Ontario with 117 in attendance

Pre-show
Randy Barber defeated Pat Rose in 5:56 by pinfall. (E-)
The announcing of Dick Graham lifted the match. The colour commentary by Freddy Miller gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Main show

The Iron Sheik defeated Ronnie Garvin in 6:35 by pinfall with a Loaded Boot Blast.(C-)
The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown. The colour commentary of Miller gave the match a boost..

El Halcón defeated Tim Horner in 5:35 by pinfall. (D-)

The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary of Miller & Jake Roberts gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Paul Orndorff talks to Freddy Miller, thanks the fans for their support – 3 mins – (D- )

Bob Orton Jr. defeated Dave Finlay in 6:28 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam. (D+)
The announcing of Graham & commentary of Miller & Roberts gave the match a boost

Bobby Eaton defeated Emilio Charles Jr. in 7:16 by pinfall with an Alabama Jam.
(D-)
The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down..

Jake Roberts tells Freddy Miller just how good he really is – 3 mins (D)

[uPaul Orndorff defeated Eric Embry in 6:39 by pinfall with a Forearm Clothesline. (D+)

The announcing of Graham & commentary of Miller & Roberts gave the match a boost

[uJake Roberts defeated Tommy Rich in 9:10 by pinfall with The DDT. [/u]
(C+)
There are no specific comments about this match.

Final Show Rating: (C-)

Friday Week 1, July 1983
Tiny crowd, so-so show, but in a new market we have to start somewhere.

We have some conversations this morning, first with manager/announcer Bobby “The Brain” Heenan. Alas, we aren’t anywhere near ready to pay anyone $2,500 per appearance, much less for not being in the ring.

Next on the line was Steve Keirn, currently working for CWA. He’s quite popular in the Southeast, much less so elsewhere. He’d be a nice midcard addition, but we really don’t need to pay $1,250 p.a. for the lower half of the midcard so we have to decline.

Then the tough decision we’ve been wrestling with (no pun intended) for a third day. One way or the other we have to finish this. A talented under-30 performer with solid popularity all over the U.S. and exceptional popularity in some of our active territories. Good enough talker, a locker room leader, can work heel or face. What’s not to love?

The price: About $2,000 p.a. with a downside guarantee.

Ah crap, we’re already bleeding money, but the potential of an 18 month agreement hold the promise of some stability since this is someone we believe could maintain a long title run without turning off fans. What to do, what to do?

Elsewhere last night, the WWF was In Your Neighborhood if you live in Kansas City (1,000 & C) where Roddy Piper & Ray Stevens beat Bob Backlund & Superstar Billy Graham in the main event. Also on the show, Sgt Slaughter beat Pedro Morales to retain his HW title … A doubleheader for World Class, as they ran an odd twinbill show at the Rock Island Field House (1,000 & C-) highlighted by their Independence Day Star Wars which flipped three singles titles. David Von Erich defeated Terry Gordy to reclaim the Texas HW Title, Kerry Von Erich beat Jimmy Garvin for the American HW Title, and Bill Irwin defeated Iceman King Parsons for the TV Title …SWCW was in Arlington (2,000 & C-) where Adrian Adonis retained his SW HW Title with a victory over Al Madril … Big Time Wrestling visited the Pacific NW (1,556 & D+) for Dutch Savage to beat Kendo Nagasaki to keep the PNW HW Title … In Chubu (2,000 & C) for New Japan, Tatsumi Fujinami defeated Osamu Kido to retain the WWF Int’l HW Title … JPUK’s World of Sport TV show featured Breaks, Saint, and Big Daddy over Kendo, Faulkner & Walsh.

note to self: 1375

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-17-2010 at 03:13 PM.