Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
dunkie23
n00b

Fictional 2010 Chicago Bears Dynasty

With football season upon us, I've got an itch to try an SP FOF 6.3b dynasty.

But rather than post here, where I feel immense pressure to post to the dynasty regularly , I will be posting on a blogger website. This will hopefully allow me to take my time, and immerse myself into the game more.

Who knows, I may cut and paste the posts over here as well.

I am leaving comments open, so if anyone happens to check it out, feel free leave me your thoughts.

Here's the link: FOF2007 Dynasty - Chicago Bears

By the way, has anyone else kept track of a dynasty on a blog before?

Last edited by dunkie23 : 09-06-2010 at 12:56 PM.
dunkie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
dunkie23
n00b

I am using Version 6.3b to run this dynasty, with no particular house rules, as I'm still a relative rookie at this game.

Using fictional players, I'm taking over the 9-7 Chicago Bears in the off-season of 2010.

I'm visioning a team that has a rock solid defense that focuses on stopping the run. My D-Line will need to be able to both pass rush and stuff the run. I'll be looking for backers that have speed and can stop the run. My corners will need to man up well and play bump-and-run and the safeties will play a solid zone while being able to force turnovers with picks.

I want a run heavy offense that can throw the ball downfield with play-action to keep the defense honest. I'll need a QB that can read the D, and throw a good deep ball. I'm expecting we might need good 3rd down passing as well. Our WRs will need to be able to get downfield and make big plays when we need them to and our TEs will need to be able to run block. The O-Line will need to be able to run block and have some endurance. And our cornerstone -- the RBs will need to be able to run inside with power, but be quick and elusive, and have speed to get outside.

Right now, I have 39 players under contract, including our franchise designation for 2010 (C Lamar Jarvis). I've also got a little more than $19 mil left in cap space, so I have a little room to work with for free agency.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
dunkie23
n00b

Staff Evaluations

I'm beginning to settle into my new position here in Chicago. I've met with the staff and after evaluating what else is out there, I've decided to go after a new lead scout. We were able to hire Blaine Shaw to a 4 year contract.

Our coaching staff remains in tact, with our OC Vince Byner, DC Gabe Humphries, and our head football coach, Colin Hinkle. I'm pretty satisfied that with the right tools, these guys can get us a Super Bowl.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #4
dunkie23
n00b

Offensive Player Evaluations

I've now had the chance to go over some tape, and really give a good evaluation to our players. This will let me decide who to keep, who to let go, and how to go about building a championship roster.

Here's a quick look at the offense:

QB
Marco Herbst (50/50) is our starting QB. A 12 year vet with 2 years left on his contract. Our other two QBs are less than stellar and are aging having 8 and 10 yrs under their belt each. We will look to draft a QB within the next couple of years.

RB
9th year guy Perry Gustafson (50/50) is our best back. 5th year man Perry Cornehl (46/46) is a more than adequate back up. This is good, considering we want to be established as a solid running team. We will be looking to draft here within the next couple of years, or take a look at free agency depending on how much longer Gustafson holds up.

FB
We have a decent FB in Leland Gardner (43/43), but he has no blocking strength and has character issues. With one more year on his contract, we'll probably be looking elsewhere after this year.

TE
8th year man Lance Craig (62/62) is a great TE. We are pretty secure here. Also we have a 2nd year guy, Emmit Fulcher (34/51) with lots of potential and an even better skill set for the identity of our team. We'll be good here for a while.

WR
Karl Prior (79/79, 6th year) is the perfect weapon at receiver for our offense. He's got maxed out bars in both getting downfield and big-play receiving, so will fit nicely for at least a few more years. 3rd year man Isaac Gayle (51/68) fits the same mold as Prior and we have some solid depth at WR too. We won't have any worries here for a while.

C
6th year man Lamar Jarvis (72/89) was given the franchise tag this year. We also have a solid back up in Pete Ross (34/34), but he's in his 12th year, so we'll need some depth here at some point. I'd also like to get Jarvis signed to a long term deal if possible.

G
3rd year man Roger Booker (38/57) is the only one worth keeping. The other guy's contracts are up anyway. We'll have to look at free agency here as it is a significant and immediate need.

T
We have three solid tackles with Kelly Atkins (44/44), Bobby Armenta (46/46), and Conrad Springer (37/50). But all are in their 9th or 10th year, so this will be a draft need at some point.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #5
dunkie23
n00b

Defensive Players Evaluations

Now a look at the defensive side of the ball:

DE
6th year guy Bernie Pagel (58/72) has the qualities we'll need in a DE. He's got great run defense and pass rush technique. Ideally, he'd be stronger with his pass rush strength, but he's good at diagnosing the play and has great endurance. Amos Money (59/59, 10th) and Stanley Duesenberg (45/45, 8th) round out the DEs. Money is an all around player while Duesenberg rushes the passer with strength and is a punishing hitter. We should be good here.

DT
We have two solid D-Tackles with Randal Owens (43/64, 2nd) and Norman Bingaman (57/67, 3rd). More than enough to secure the D-Line for years to come. We will need some depth here, so a late pick will work.

LB
We'll be going with a 4-3 so anchoring the defense will be Bryce Baxter (91/91, 5th year). needles to say, he's a monster. Shaun Burks (82/82, 9th) will play the strong side and Rufus Krumrei (53/53, 8th) will play the weak side. We also have somewhat decent depth here, but we'll need a couple more backers to round out the roster. Another draft option.

CB
Jim Hargett (51/51, 7th) is our best corner. He plays man well, is a punishing hitter and makes picks. Jeff Ingram (31/50, 2nd) is an RFA and will need to be resigned -- he's our only RCB as of now, and looks to be promising.

S
Keith Foote (37/37, 7th) is our most notable player here. We'll need to address safety early in the draft, or through free agency.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
dunkie23
n00b

Special Teams Evaluations

K - Wally Lynch (25/47, 2nd) will need to replaced.

P - Lamar Kieburtz (43/43, 6th) is a UFA. I'll address this through free agency.

KR - Prior (64) and Gayle (60) are our best returners, but I'm not sure I want them playing on special teams. Our next best guy is Deon Santos (KR - 37/52).

PR - Santos (PR - 50/54) gets the call here.

LS - Lance Craig (LS - 83/83) will play here.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #7
dunkie23
n00b

2010 Off-Season

Now it's time to clean a little house, clear up some cap room, study the draft and see who's available in free agency.

We released WR Russell Barber and ILB Dwayne Hall. Then we went ahead and resigned Jeff Ingram to a 1-year deal.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #8
dunkie23
n00b

Draft War Room

Here are our draft needs: QB, RB, T, DT (late round), LB, CB
Keeping in mind our FA needs as well: G, S, another RB?

This post will be updated as I interview and find more players to add to our draft board.

QB
Kevin Crawford
Travis Fielder
Grady Smith
Drew Bradley

RB
Kendrick Shenkarow