Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #51
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Thank you unenlightened asshats for showing up in a rap thread to express your displeasure.
Yes. You are clearly more enlightened and not an asshat.

weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #52
timmyw3
H.S. Freshman Team

As a middle aged white guy who grew up on the Native Tongues, I've found the following artists/groups enjoyable and relatable. Don't think any of these have been mentioned yet and all are easily accessible via Spotify:

People Under The Stairs
Ugly Duckling
Blu (with & without Exile producing)
Homeboy Sandman
Tanya Morgan (misleading group name, not a female MC)
Blackalicious
Aceyalone
Panacea
Grip Grand
Giant Panda

Last edited by timmyw3 : 02-01-2013 at 12:28 PM.
timmyw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #53
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Am wondering who actually likes all that Rick Ross/MM stuff. I don't understand the appeal there. Reminds me of all that No Limit garbage, dudes renting lambos, gold and obsessed with scarface (still)

I liked Deeper than Rap and Teflon Don, and "I'm On One" might have been my favorite song of 2011. Although, I do think the rest of MMG, with the occasional exception of Meek Mill, is pretty terrible.

As for the appeal, I think of it like this: much like it's possible to say that your favorite film is some classic by Stanley Kubrick or Francis Ford Coppola while still being able to enjoy the experience of going to some big-budget summer blockbuster, you can also reconcile being a fan of the technical brilliance of A Tribe Called Quest or Eric B. and Rakim while appreciating some of the more opulent-sounding stuff that MMG puts out (emphasis on some).

But, one could disagree with me on that and translate what I just wrote as, "I'm 23 years old," and I wouldn't necessarily argue with them
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #54
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Am wondering who actually likes all that Rick Ross/MM stuff. I don't understand the appeal there. Reminds me of all that No Limit garbage, dudes renting lambos, gold and obsessed with scarface (still)
I don't really care for Rick Ross past Push It (if you're gonna go Scarface, do it big) and his one-verse appearances on posse cuts like I'm on One, but I like Meek Mill. Sometimes I like up-tempo music as long as the rapper has a decent flow. I also thought Wale was pretty good before he signed with MMG and tried to be "hard". Back when he was having fun and dropping a couple sports references every verse.

(Then again, as far as No Limit/Cash Money stuff went I actually liked Juvenile and the occasional Lil Wayne song.)

Last edited by BishopMVP : 02-01-2013 at 02:13 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote