Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-31-2013, 06:19 AM   #1
Thomkal
Head Coach

Virus Problems :(

Hey guys,

I have picked up the Win64/Patched.A virus and having trouble finding something to fix it. I have AVG and keep getting virus warnings from them, and a scan finds the virus, but the options for fixing them (and right clicking doesn't work either) are greyed out, so I don't know how to remove them using AVG. So I'm wondering if there's another tool out there that will definitely find and fix the virus once and for all.

I found this page: Win64/Patched.A - Virus Removal Guide, but I want to see if there's a "one-tool fixes all" option here. I'm not comfortable with trying to remove it manually so hoping there are other much easier, safer ways to remove it.

Thanks in advance for any and all help here.

Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:23 AM   #2
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Try Malwarebytes first.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
weegeebored
High School Varsity

I did some research and some people have had luck removing it with M$ Security Essentials or Malwarebytes. They are both free and worth a try if you don't want to try manual removal.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
Thomkal
Head Coach

okay maybe fixed. I wasn't able to get the malwarebytes site because the virus kept redirecting to another site. got MS Security Essentials-didn't look like it picked up the Patched.A virus from the report after the scan, but did pick up another virus sirefef I think it was called.

Rebooted and was still having the initial problem I had after getting the virus, but there were no virus warnings waiting when I did get past that and so far none popping up, so it fixed something. Did an AVG scan and it did not find the virus this time unlike before.

I'm still having problems with the color of the start bar and some windows, but don't have the time to go into more detail right now-just wanted to check in and say thanks for the help.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Sounds like your attempts have been less successful than Ryan Lindley.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Sounds like your attempts have been less successful than Ryan Lindley.

I see what you did there. No I'm not sure anybody could be less successful than a QB for my beloved Cards.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #7
Thomkal
Head Coach

Okay virus problems seem to be gone, and I fixed one problem I was having-but still a couple bugging me.

1-When turning on the computer, it starts to log in normal, get the Windows welcome screen, but before it goes to the main screen with all my icons and such, the screen goes white and stays that way until I do something like CTRL-ALT-DEL. That lets me either turn off or reboot my computer, and when its about to do that-I can see the main screen for a few seconds. To get around this, I've had to hit CTRL-ALT-DEL before the screen goes white. If I do that things go like normal and the computer will go from the CTRL-ALT-DEL screen to the normal screen by itself. I'm using Vista here.

2-On some Windows screens and browser screens, the stuff in the Windows seems to be "squeezed in" and elongated a bit from what it was before the virus. I'm sure its some setting I'm forgetting. (its not the screen resolution)

Thanks again for any help you can give me here.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #8
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Try doing your virus scan/removal stuff in safe mode. Many virusus (viri?) and the like mask themselves as system software that are then exposed when in safe mode. The difference between what a scan finds is amazing.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote