Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #851
bhlloy
Coordinator

Narc - I was pretty clear that the more I examined the britrock NK the better I felt about Lathum. So that's why I moved off him, and I moved to Mau but didn't get another vote the rest of the day so ended up on CW
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #852
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm more or less fine with these three candidates. Ideally, would like to get more conversation out of Zinto overall and thoughts from the other two on if/how they are being railroaded in this spot.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #853
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

My vote looks bad because I went for a villager onto a ghost with a 1/2 to go? /shrug
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #854
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Public service reminder: Please do not edit posts that have votes in them. I counted this one, but I will not accept any future ones.

Damn it sorry jag.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #855
bhlloy
Coordinator

I dont think I'm being railroaded hoops. I think I'd look at me as well at this point. I would like to see Katy up as a candidate as well FWIW, I'm concerned we are giving a pass for a new player and its late enough in the game we don't have to do that
Old 03-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #856
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I am in the same boat as bhlloy - while I know I am clean, my votes have been suspect and honestly, if me being on the block helps garner some valuable information to help the village, so be it.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #857
bhlloy
Coordinator

Pass is someone else I think we should look at. Seems far quieter than usual
Old 03-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #858
Autumn
Head Coach

Except if you mention voting him, then he gets vocal!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #859
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Hello.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #860
Autumn
Head Coach

:-)
Old 03-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #861
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I dont think I'm being railroaded hoops. I think I'd look at me as well at this point. I would like to see Katy up as a candidate as well FWIW, I'm concerned we are giving a pass for a new player and its late enough in the game we don't have to do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I am in the same boat as bhlloy - while I know I am clean, my votes have been suspect and honestly, if me being on the block helps garner some valuable information to help the village, so be it.

Damn it, this civility is not helping!
Agreed that there are a group of players that I'm having some difficulties separating. Actually, about 60% of the remaining players.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #862
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Actually I am going to vote for Hoops and see how he votes and I assume get movement from bhlloy and Lathum.

Vote Hoops

So you were around after I voted last night, you got to see votes from bhlloy and Lathum ... just what were you expecting to see? This post suggests that you were trying to evaluate the fallout of a tie, but you didn't engage in the conversation when we got down the stretch.

My general impression is that people operating without information are going to try and extract information during the countdown to better inform themselves. I did not get that feeling from you last night.

Note - I recognize neither candidate was a wolf. But contrast your approach to Chubby's, where he was actively probing down the stretch. If I have to pick between two unclear choices, my preference will be for the person who I think is actively engaging in the thread (and, hopefully a decision process) rather than someone who is sitting back and letting others dictate.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #863
hoopsguy
General Manager

Slow day - seems like a lot of feeling out going on here. By that, I mean people not posting in thread after viewing the thread. Unless explicitly called out, that is.

Hoping that means we've got at least one wolf in our group of three right now.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #864
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Slow day - seems like a lot of feeling out going on here. By that, I mean people not posting in thread after viewing the thread. Unless explicitly called out, that is.

Hoping that means we've got at least one wolf in our group of three right now.

Don't really have much to say and don't have the time/energy to check through the thread like I should be doing. Day three used to be the time I start to settle on someone as OBVIOUSLY being a wolf - I'm not getting that at all. I have a feeling that my vote is going to be left hanging. I will say that I am loathe to vote anyone who voted you yesterday. I'm sure there's an opportunistic wolf or two on you but I'd rather look at the Coffee-voters today.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #865
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

VOTE BHLLOY
Old 03-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #866
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Slighty self-defense, slighty best play out there right now. Could tell us a lot.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #867
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

i want to vote for Lathum for screwing us again 2nd game in a row...
Old 03-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #868
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I may switch to BH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
That's not an abbreviation that works, Danny. Took me 30 seconds of staring at it to figure it out.

BH means Bra in Swedish. Apropo nothing much.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #869
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

vote pass
Old 03-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #870
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post

Can you connect the dots for me on this one? I'm not sure I follow.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #871
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Pass needs to give me a reason to move my vote, i'm not locked on but i think it's where I want to at least start
Old 03-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #872
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Can you connect the dots for me on this one? I'm not sure I follow.

oh i'm just pissed he took a gamble last game and cost the village and then did the same just now. i don't see a reason to no believe you as slimer, i just would have rather kept a vanilla villager in the game over slimer.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #873
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
oh i'm just pissed he took a gamble last game and cost the village and then did the same just now. i don't see a reason to no believe you as slimer, i just would have rather kept a vanilla villager in the game over slimer.

Why? If Coffee was alive there'd still be doubts about him. If we accept that Hoops isn't lying about his role he's much more valuable to us than Coffee.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #874
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Why? If Coffee was alive there'd still be doubts about him. If we accept that Hoops isn't lying about his role he's much more valuable to us than Coffee.

how is he more valuable to us?
Old 03-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #875
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm debating moving to Pass but I'm kind of worried that a four-way split is too much with (presumably) 4 wolves and 9/10 non-wolves. Lets the wolves spread out a bit but still steer things. I'm actually happy that I'm not around for deadline as I'd probably be paralyzed with indecision every day.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #876
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Why? I was able to identify one of our main roles with 100% conviction, something that a vanilla villager could not do.

As someone potentially trusted (at least a little more than the completely unrevealed in the thread) I give you one less person to evaluate each day when casting votes.

And I just might be counting as a villager for final ratios, if/when we get to a point where you need to worry about that part of the game. Of course, if we do get to that point I'll say that I do and then you can figure out whether or not to believe me ... just like the other ghosts get to do for their next couple of night kills.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #877
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
how is he more valuable to us?

Because we know his role and we know that his role is interested in a villager victory. If Coffee were alive we'd still not know his allegiance and day one would be (even) less clearer. Of course Lathum didn't know that at the time unless he worked out Hoops' hints but still.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #878
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why? I was able to identify one of our main roles with 100% conviction, something that a vanilla villager could not do.

As someone potentially trusted (at least a little more than the completely unrevealed in the thread) I give you one less person to evaluate each day when casting votes.

[b]And I just might be counting as a villager for final ratios, if/when we get to a point where you need to worry about that part of the game. Of course, if we do get to that point I'll say that I do and then you can figure out whether or not to believe me ... just like the other ghosts get to do for their next couple of night kills.[b]

which is why i'd rather have a vanilla villager. I'm not entirely thrilled you know the identity of a ghostbuster to be honest
Old 03-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #879
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

He's not a threat to the village. In hindsight cw could still be converted. Hoops cannot be converted and is with us, the village.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #880
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm kind of hoping for a Packer/Bhlloy double wolf whammy here. Silly I know but I'll hang my hat on that and the fact that my vote seems more likely to be relevent around deadline if I leave it on Bhlloy rather than spreading it around on Pass.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #881
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
which is why i'd rather have a vanilla villager. I'm not entirely thrilled you know the identity of a ghostbuster to be honest

Well, if someone wants to try and reverse engineer my scan choices or work backwards through today's posts to figure it out ... good luck to them.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #882
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
He's not a threat to the village. In hindsight cw could still be converted. Hoops cannot be converted and is with us, the village.

The wolves would have to be certifiably insane to nightkill Coffee unless they have some way of "scanning" for the potential convertees and made him. Maybe that's what the hounds do - sniff out the keymaster and gatekeeper.

In fact you know, maybe that's what happened. The hounds sniffed out a convertee on night one and then they converted him on night two. Kind of makes me wary about Danny and Autumn. They and Hoops would probably be the ones I'd scan early as the wolves.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #883
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

PackerFanatic 3 - Danny (732), Autumn (787), mauchow (806)
bhlloy 3 - Narcizo (779), Lathum (810), PackerFanatic (865)
Zinto 2 - murra5y (764), bhlloy (815)
Passacaglia 1 - Chubby (869)
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #884
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Anyway. I shall leave it all in your capable hands. I have complete faith in your collective ability to sort this all out.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #885
Autumn
Head Coach

Why does that make you wary of Danny and me?
Old 03-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #886
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Anyway. I shall leave it all in your capable hands. I have complete faith in your collective ability to sort this all out.

Seems like the right time to start a run on you
Old 03-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #887
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
So you were around after I voted last night, you got to see votes from bhlloy and Lathum ... just what were you expecting to see? This post suggests that you were trying to evaluate the fallout of a tie, but you didn't engage in the conversation when we got down the stretch.

My general impression is that people operating without information are going to try and extract information during the countdown to better inform themselves. I did not get that feeling from you last night.

Note - I recognize neither candidate was a wolf. But contrast your approach to Chubby's, where he was actively probing down the stretch. If I have to pick between two unclear choices, my preference will be for the person who I think is actively engaging in the thread (and, hopefully a decision process) rather than someone who is sitting back and letting others dictate.

Unfortunately I did not have a ton of time last night to do a lot of anything towards the end of the day yesterday. I did not only vote you to see how things would move and end up yesterday you were also on my short list of people who voted early on day one and let their vote stick.

I debated going somewhere else with my vote but I figured there would be a good amount of movement if I voted for you, since you were the only other person who did not have a vote on anyone yet and would be able to set up a tie and allow some movement.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #888
hoopsguy
General Manager

So your goal was movement for the sake of movement, rather than movement with an eye for any kind of specific result?

As far as D1, my vote "stuck" because it was on one of the primary candidates in the running ... I'm more than willing to move a vote, but I like to have a reason for doing so rather than it being a, "hey, lets vote 5 people today!" operation Not that anyone (*cough* Danny *cough*) would ever do such a thing.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #889
Zinto
College Starter

If a ghostbuster was attacked last night would it be advantageous for them to reveal? I know we are under the assumption that there was a conversion but if there was not a conversion both the wolves and that particular ghostbuster would know what happened. Thus, the ghostbuster would more than likely eat it tonight regardless if they were attacked.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #890
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, we don't know the rules exactly. I agree that is likely, but it may be that the converts don't become full wolves, as in with PM privileges. So iti's possible that the wolves don't know whether they've converted someone, or hit a ghostbuster. So I would think the GB should still be quiet unless they have reason to know more about that.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #891
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
So your goal was movement for the sake of movement, rather than movement with an eye for any kind of specific result?

As far as D1, my vote "stuck" because it was on one of the primary candidates in the running ... I'm more than willing to move a vote, but I like to have a reason for doing so rather than it being a, "hey, lets vote 5 people today!" operation Not that anyone (*cough* Danny *cough*) would ever do such a thing.

My goal was movement with the goal of seeing what followed, but unfortunately there was not a ton of movement from either you who started as a neutral or coffee who was a villager.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #892
Zinto
College Starter

And I think there may not be a ton to take away from the vote yesterday because it ended up being villager-neutral almost instantly after I voted.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #893
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
If a ghostbuster was attacked last night would it be advantageous for them to reveal? I know we are under the assumption that there was a conversion but if there was not a conversion both the wolves and that particular ghostbuster would know what happened. Thus, the ghostbuster would more than likely eat it tonight regardless if they were attacked.

Ghostbuster should have better idea on this than those of us operating blindly. I agree that wolves would definitely have knowledge of who they attacked (seems kind of obvious) and will likely return to that target again based on what was in the rules around proton packs.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #894
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

The only problem I have with voting for Katy right now is that if she is not a wolf we get almost nothing from voting her out. She has been extremely quiet and only has a throw away vote on Lathum, even though if she is a wolf it would look good for Lathum and vice versa based on her vote yesterday.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #895
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

explain to me how I screwed anything up?

shit like this is why I quit for a year and a half
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #896
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Well this has done nothing to help me figure out my vote today...
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #897
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
explain to me how I screwed anything up?

shit like this is why I quit for a year and a half

you moved onto the wrong guy with a minute to go to swing the lynch.

pity party, room 3
Old 03-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #898
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Well this has done nothing to help me figure out my vote today...

Me neither. Out of the two vote-leaders, seems like PF has more analysis behind it, and gives us more info depending on what he is, so let's go there.

VOTE PACKERFANATIC
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #899
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
The only problem I have with voting for Katy right now is that if she is not a wolf we get almost nothing from voting her out. She has been extremely quiet and only has a throw away vote on Lathum, even though if she is a wolf it would look good for Lathum and vice versa based on her vote yesterday.

Except having a game of people who are actually participating you mean? We do this every time.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #900
Autumn
Head Coach

Chubby's still sore about being outwrestled.