Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-09-2019, 06:34 PM   #51
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I get some healing here at the PC and then buy 10 Revives.

It seems to be a Team Yell enclave.

Hello Marnie!

The 7th Gym awaits

I’m not sure It’s the gym challenge, as I haven’t entered a stadium, but I change into my outfit as I walk down the street.

Team Yell Grunt #1 – Parliament vs Linoone. Drill Peck? Hits first, Fury Swipes back. Again. KO. 3360 for winning

Croakers levels. I teach him a powerful normal move called Boomburst. But, do I want to lose Nuzzle’s paralysis for it? I have the deadly poison, which is better when I want to win, not catch a Pokemon. Right now he has Toxic, Overdrive, Poison Jab and Nuzzle. He also loses STAB, but this is a 140 power attack that would be boosted with his sonic boosting ability. Let’s pull Nuzzle. If I miss it in my party, I can give it back at any Pokemon Center. Or I can try and give a TM that will do that for another Pokemon.

Team Yell Grunt #2 – Parliament vs Thievul. Drill again. Foul Play back. Again! KO. Peepers levels. 3360 in cash.

Team Yell Grunt #3 – Peepers vs Scrafty – Spirit Break. One hit KO. 3360 more of that sweet sweet cash.

Team Yell Grunt #4 – Peepers vs Weavile – Spirit Break. It uses an Icy Wind first. Then I smasherate it into tiny little dark ice pieces. Fearcoon rises. 3340 more cash for the machines

Team Yell Grunt #5 & 6 – Peepers and Croakers vs Liepard and Drapion – Slash on Peepers, and Bite on him too. Overdrive drops Liepard. Spirit break does the same for Drapion. Nice! 7568 for the duo defeat.

I heal Peepers. He clearly is to be my sweeper for the upcoming Gym Battle. Hello Marnie! Unlike Sonia, she spits some plot my way this time.

There is no stadium or anything else here. No dynamxing. Just raw fighting old school way.

Gym Leader #7 – Piers, Dark

Battle #1 – Peepers vs Scrafty – Spirit break! It uses Fake Out and forces a flinch. Again! One hit. DOWN!!!!

Levels for Peeps and Parl.

Battle #2 – Peepers vs Obstagoon. Spirit Break again! It uses Obstruct, it’s protect. Again! It connects but leaves a lot. He Kos Obstagoon, who had been wounded. Punch Monkey, do it. Drum! Hit and he smashes me with Throat Chop. Again! Throat Chop back. Once More? He blocks with Obstruct. Again? KO. Down and out.

Levels for Punch and Croakers.

Battle #3 – I send out Fearcoon for the dark/psychic Malamar. Night Slash! Normal attack. Same attack back, not very effective. Again! Nice, and same attack back. Once more! Taken down

Battle #4 – Fearcoon vs Skuntank – Obstruct. Counter. Sucker Punch first on me. Counter resolves. Again. Toxic on me. Headbutt. I take a Sucker punch first. KO!

Victory! 14720. I enjoyed how I used a Dark Pokémon in each battle

Got the Dark Badge. Marnie is apparently his sister. She challenges him to a battle and I head out.

I get TM 85 Snarl.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:20 PM   #52
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Plot arrives and tells me to swing by route 9.

Leon arrives! He tells me to focus on the goal, the explosion thing is covered by him.

In the P.C. after I Heal, I can now buy Max Pots.I buy 15 and another 20 Ultras.

I capture a Bergmite,

Trainer #1 & 2 – Andrea and Owen – Craockers and Rockzilla vs Maactus and Toxitricity. Poison Jab kos’ the plant. Toxic on Rock. Incinerate drops it Poison Jab on it. Ancient Power finishes it. We win! 10496 cash

I head back for a quick lill heal.

Here’s let me show you something funny:

Party:

Punch Monkey – Level 49
Parliament – 50
Rockzilla - 50
Fearcoon - 50
Croakers – 50
Peepers – 52

In what iteration of this game is your starter the one at the lowest level?? I found that to be funny, as I’ve never seen that before!

I fly back to Hammerlocke, and the folks here tell me he headed out to route 9 to help Leon. I head there.

Back to Route 9

There’s apparently a wild Dynamx Pokemon here.

Hello Hop!

More plot follows, and now I am told to head to Hammerlocke

I’ll do it the slow way and grab some Pokemon and such here.

I capture a Liepard

Trainer #3 – Caden – Punch Monkey vs Doublade – Drums. Not very effective. Got a minor attack back Again! Iron Head on me. Another, Aerial Ace on me drops me badly. Again. KO. I send out Parliament for Passimian. Drill Peck. Very effective. Again. KO. One more ball left for my foe. And it’s a Polteaguest. Fearcoon heads out. Night slash. One hit ko. Levels by Parl and Punch.

17600 in sweet cash.

I teach the TM Brick Break to Punch for his Uproar. This powerful fight type does use the attack rather than Uproar’s special attack, which he’s better at, is more powerful, and can cover. For example, one of the Pokemon good vs grass is ice, which Fight can be super good at.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:26 PM   #53
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hammerlocke!

Hello Leon, Hop, and Sonia!

Plot is pinching me in the face right now. Hello Prof. Magnolia! Who hasn’t been in this game save for a single scene thus far. Weird I know. We (Hop and I) offer to help, and are, again, told to focus on the challenge.

I head into the gym. I move Peepers back in front. Fairy is good vs Dragon just as it was for Dark

Gym Challenge #8

We head to the Vault.

I have to defeat three gym trainers personally trained by Raihan in double battles.

Gym Battle #1 – Peepers and Croakers vs Pelipper and Sliggoo. Spirit Break on Sliggoo for the advantage and Overdrive on the Pelipper. I ko Pelipper. KO for Sliggoo. We win! 4320 in cash

Levels for Peeps and Rocks.

Gym Battle #2 – Peepers and Croakers vs Ninetales and Turtunator – Both Fire. I use Spirit Break on the dragon, and Overdrive. Spirit Break and Overdrive finish their Turtonator. Will o the Wisp misses. Next turn. Sucker Punch goes first and finishes the wounded Ninetales and we finish them both. 4320 more

Level for Croakers

I haven’t even been hit yet.

Gym Battle #3 – Peepers and Croakers vs Abomasnow and Hakenno-o. Overdrive resolves first, but does little damage. Spirit Break kills the dragon/fight Hakemo-o. Hail is put out there. Poison Jab and Sucker Punch. The first hits, and the latter is a super effective move, KO. 4320 more.

Level for Peepers and Fearcoon

We head up the Stadium

Gym Battle #8, Raihan, Dragon

Battle #1 &2 – Peepers and Croakers vs Flygon and Gigalith. Flygon is ground/flying, can’t electrize him. Gigs is rock. Both are big weaknesses for Electr and/or Poison. Spirit Break won’t work as well as neither are Dragon. Instead, play the long game. Toxin and Fake Out on Flygon. Fake Out is first and forces a flinch. Toxic poisons. Gigalith uses Sand Tomb on Croakers that really hurts badly. Should I sucker punch Flygon? If it tries to attack, I go first, but otherwise, it won’t work. Poison Jab and False Surrender on Flygon. I KO Flygon but not before it dropped me badly with a strong super effective attack. Gigalith KO’s Croakers.

I send out Punch. He sent out Sandaconda. I use a potion to heal Peepers. I use Drum Beating on the snake. Super effective. It glares and paralyzes Peepers and a rock attack drops it a bit. False Surrender Kos Sandaconda. Drum hurts their rock. Hit by another rock attack.

Here comes Duraludon. My guess is that this is Dragon, as it’s the last one of him. Fairy and grass. He dynamaxes his guy. It uses max Steelspike – a steal attack. It drops Peepers. I Drum and ko their Gigs. I send out Rockzilla to hurt its steel. I use dynamax on Rock and use a fire attack. Brick Break from Punch. It uses Max Knuckle on my guy.

Max Rockfall rocks me! We finish it with Max Overdrive and Brick Break again! $15,360.

I get the dragon badge, and TM 99 Breaking Swipe. Hop runs in finishing his badge quest and looks to Raihan for a battle.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-09-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:32 PM   #54
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hello Sonia and Prof!

More exposition follows. The Prof hands off her duties to Sonia, and hands her the lab coat,

I head to the Wild Area I want to grab stuff from the diggers as well as explore with my new bike

I capture a Grappoloct. It’s a level 57 Fighting Pokemon; also a level 60 Absomnasnow and a big, fat Bewear

I find: Focus Sash, Shiny Stone, Dusk Stone, Fire Stone, Thunder Stone, Water Stone, Leaf Stone, Assault Vest, TM73 Cross Poison, Iron Ball, Leaf Stone, Rare Bone, TM75 Low Sweep, Tm95 Air Slash,

Back to Hammerlocke

I heal. Post healing I check in. I buy 20 Dusk Balls, 31 Full Restores.

I spend 5000 watts on Flamethrower, a one shot TR and give it to my Rockzilla and I pull it’s Incinerate.

Party:

Punch Monkey – Level 52
Parliament – 52
Rockzilla - 52
Fearcoon - 52
Croakers – 52
Peepers – 55

Old 12-09-2019, 11:24 PM   #55
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 10

I capture – Vanilluxe,

Trainer #1 – Graham – Rockzilla vs Gardevoir – Tar Shot. It uses Dazzling Gleam. Not effective. Flamethrower. KO. Super effective, win. Tar Shot ain;t bad. It gave me the move next turn with the slow. If I had Flamed twice, I would have been hit twice not once. We win with 10800

Trainers #2 – Douglas – Punch Monkey vs Steelix. Brick Break. Super effective. Curse back. Again. Curse again. Once more? Nope, deep red though. Another attack on me. It faints from the Hail. I leave out Punch for Mudsdale. Drum! Super effective, yadda yadda. Double kick. Again. KO. We win 9000

Trainer #3 – Ronald – Parliament vs Weavile. Steel Wing! One hit. Next? Peepers learns Foul Play. Fearcoon vs Claydol. Night Slash! One hit ko. 3600 in that sweet cash

I capture an Ice Mr. Mime variant. I name him Mimely.

Trainer #4 – Harper – Parliament vs Pelipper – Drill Peck. Water Pulse on me. I’m confused. Another DP please. I hit myself. It Roosts to heal. DP. Connects. Tailwind on me. DP. Roost. DP connects. Roost again. Dp connects. Roost again. I shake confusion, DP. sDP again. Ko. Croakers vs Noctowl. Overdrive. One hit. Done, 4100 cash

I heal up PM

Trainer #5 – Donald – Punch Monkey vs Gigalith. Drum!!! It uses a harden. Again! Down. I leave out for Rhydon. Drum again. One hit later another KO for me. 9200 cash.

Trainer #6 – Glenn – PM vs Darmanitan. I swap out Fearcoon. Big, evolved ice, is not the grass way. NS. Nice. It misses. Headbutt? KO. Good jorb. Parliament vs Falinks. Drill peck! One hit. I stay out for the fighting Grapploct. DP again. One hit again. 18400 for the victory!

Trarainers 7 & 8 – Gillian and Cam – PM and Parliament vs Klinklang and Heliolisk. Drum and DP. I ko Heliolisk before any attacks were made. Shift Gear used. Noivern heads out. It uses Zap Cannon and we miss. A nasty aerial attack almost kills my starters, but my Break Break takes out their Klinklang. I learn Endeavor. They send out Todedamaru. I swap in Fearcoon for my 1 hp PM. DP takes out their flyer. Nuzzle on my Parliament. Night Slash on the foe weakens it. It nuzzles Fear. My bird is paralyzed. Spark on Parl. Both of mine aren’t using their paralysis. I swap Croakers out. It Zing Zaps Fear. I am paralyzed again and miss. It dies the following turn. I nailed 18800 cash.

Hop and I are at Wyndon

Party:

Punch Monkey – Level 55
Parliament – 55
Rockzilla - 55
Fearcoon - 55
Croakers – 54
Peepers – 57

Old 12-09-2019, 11:53 PM   #56
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I explore the town some and purchase Tm63 Drain Punch. I swap it for Brick Break on my starter Same damage and accuracy, fewer moves, but can heal.

I enter Wyndon Stadium.

I check in for the Semis.

Here we go!

Hello Marnie!

Battle #1 – Parliament vs Liepard. Drill peck. It taunts me. Deep hit. Again! It uses Full Restore. Again! It Snarls at me. DP takes it off the board.

Battle #2 – Peepers vs Morpeko – Spirit Break. It Torments me. One hit

Battle #3 – Parliament vs TOxicraock. Peck that Drill. One hit

Battle #4 – Peepers vs Scrafty – Spirit Break! One hit.

Peepers levels

Battle #5 – Peepers vs Grimmsnarl – (me). Dynamax us both, Max Starfell. I have 7 levels on hers, so I hope I can go first. One hit. I got it.

Level by Croakers

7840 for winning; good job Marnie.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:08 AM   #57
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our next match is naturally against Hop.

Battle #1 – Parliament vs Dubwool – Drill Peck. Nice. Cotton Guard against me. Big rise in defense. Dp. Not as much damage. Body Slam but my steel says….nope. I led with Parliament as I don’t have an answer against a normal Pokemon, but I have a problem, steel. And the leftovers that heal me a bit every turn. Another DP. Into the red, and another Cotton Guard. How about one more? KO.

Battle #2 – Fearcoon vs Pinurchin – Headbutt, Works, flinched, no move. Nice! Again! KO. Good job!

Battle #3 – Croakers vs Snorlax – Toxic! Snorlax can be a while. It uses High HP that’s super effective. I swap to Parliament the steel now that I know he has that ground attack. I was going to kill him myself, but ah well. He gets one free shot and it’s High HP that won’t do anything. Drill. Hits. Body Slam for little. Drill. KO.

Parl levels

Battle #4 – Rockzilla vs Corviknight – Flamethrower! It uses Steel Wing, and it burned by contact. Super effective, one hit ko. NICE!

Battle #5 – Punch Monkey vs Intelleon – We both Dynamax, MAX OVERGROWTH!!! It uses Max Hailstorm. Very powerful. I drop it to red. Again!!! Is uses the same spell and badly badmadges me, but finish it off

We have defeated Hop. Again. I doubt for the last time.

Levels for Punch and Peeps.

11760 cash.

Next…. Leon!

Old 12-10-2019, 12:52 AM   #58
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

But for now, more expansion and plot plot plot.

The champion stands us up running for Rose Tower. We join up with Team Yell, Marnie, Gym 7 leader Piers, to head over to Rose Tower.

Trainer #1 – Eric – Parliament vs Meowth – I swap out Rock. Assurance. Flamethrower! KO. Levels by Rocks and Fear. I also Flame kill his Durant, Mawile, Exadrill, Ferroseed, Steelix. 18800 cash.

Team Yell run cover for us as we head to the Tower. The chair’s helper was, in fact, a face-heel-turn

At the Tower:

Trainer #1 – Elijah – Flamethrower on Durant. Iron Head first. KO. 9600out

Trainer #2 & 3 – Mateo and Jane – Rockzilla and Dubwool vs Cufant and Bronzong. I hurt the ZOng,and they hurt the restof us lightly. Again! Dubwoll takes out Bronzong. I fire-kill Cufant. We win 19200 cash

Levels by Croaker.

Trainer #4 & 5 – Mateo and Jane – Mawhile and Klang. Body Slam by Dub and I remove Maw from the battlefield. Level by Roc. It uses gear shift and badly wounds Dubwoll. My flame finishes it

19200 more

Trainer #6 & 7 – Justin and Adelyn – Steelix and Stunfisk. We flame kill the Steelix first. Stunfisk uses Bounce. It bounces back down on the next turn and badly wounds Wooloo. Flame? KO. Parl levels and another 19200 for us.

Hello Oleana. She attacks me in order to not disturb the chair.

Rockzilla vs Froslass. Flame., It uses double team. Hit. Ko. Punch Monkey vs Milotic. Drum!!! Deep into red. It uses aqua ring to heal itself each turn. Another Drum! KO. Salazzle heads out. Rockzilla heads out. Smack Down. It uses Dragon Pulse. Deep into the red. I order another. It uses poison gas and poisons me. KO. I swap it out for Parl for Tsareena. Drill Peck te grasss lady. She uses Trop Kick. Once more! Down. I leave it out for the poison Garbador. We both dyna. Max Steelspike! It uses Max Rockfall back. Maz Air. It hits fit. Then my Airstream heads out and drops it to almost dead. Again! Another Rockfall. Another KO. 14560 cash

Levels by Peeps, Punch, Fear,

I come to the chair and Leon deep in conversation

Lots of plot, plot, plot.

Too much TALKING!

We leave.

Dinner together

Sleep

Old 12-10-2019, 01:19 AM   #59
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Wyndon Stadium:

I have to defeat the gym leaders again to win the right to face the Champion

Alright, let’s do it to it!

Bede enters the stadium. I challenged for one final battle. I accept the challenge.

Bede:

Rockzilla vs Mawhile. Flame. Thrower. One hit. Fearcoon heads out. Night Slash this Gardevoir. Dazzling Gleam crits and almost finishes me. Obstruct. Block the gleam. Headbutt. KO. Peepers vs Rapidash. Fake Out, first turn. Foul Paly. Dazzling Gleam on me, and then ko. Dyna and dark kill her Matterene. I resolve first. Big smash. Then it uses GMAX Smite. KO on Peepers. I send out Punch. Drum Beating. KO. 16960

Levels by Rock, Croak, Parl

Bede is going to be the new fairy gym leader.

Locker room.

I begin vs Nessa, the water gym leader:

Rockzilla vs Golisopod. Flame. About half and burned. It leaps back with it’s swap ability. I am now facing a Barraskwda. I swap into Punch. Fire/Rock is not good here. I take a liquidation hit. Ice Fang to me, Grass Knot. Fainted. I Drum beat a Seaking in one hit. Goliscopod hits me hard with a bug attack. I ko him. I swap to Croakers. Overdrive. Ko a Pelipper. Back to punch for Drednaw. Dyna. Both. I use Max Overgrowth. With my speed and his double weakness to grass, I hope to win this wounded. Good guess, we win. 16960 cash

Levels by Peeps, Punch, fear.

The results of the tourney:

Allister defeated Melony, Piers over Kabu, and Raihan over Milo

I have Allister’s ghosts next. I move Peepers to the front. I have multiple anti-Ghost darks.

Old 12-10-2019, 01:47 AM   #60
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Allister:

Peepers vs Dusknoir. Foul Play. Big hit. It uses Rock Tomb. Again! Disable from it. Sucker punch instead. Got it. I swap in Fear for Chandelure. Night Slash. One hit. I leave him in for Polteagust. Again? One hit ko. Again for Cursola. Again the one hit. I leave him in for Gengar. We both Dyna. Max Darkness! I go first, one hit KO. Great job! I get 8640

Levels by Rocks, Croak, Peeps,

Raihan beats Piers

Raihan:

I don’t think we’ll have double battles here, I put Peepers up front.

Peepers vs Torkoal. Fake Out. Flinched. Foul Play. About half. Solar Beam comes. Pretty weak. He’ll be forced not do do anything for a full round. Another Foul. One more. My foe uses a Full Restore. Another Solar Beam. Keep it up. He yawns me. I swap for Rockzilla. Smack down, ko. I stay out for Flygon. Smack down again. He knows Earthquake and Kos me. Parliament heads out,. Drill Peck. Sandstorm uses on me. Hit solid, again. Bite used on me. I connect again. A bite again, crit, and then I finish him. Peepers for Turtonator. Fairy Spirit Break. Big hit, does around 50%. I take a modest hit back. Again! KO. I remain out for Goodra. Full Restore on me. He does a Thunder. Spirit Break. He uses rainstorm. I ko him. I keep my guy out for Durdeloon. We both max, and I try and Max Starfall. He uses Max Steelspike, super effective and mine is just okay, Again. He kos me. I send in PArl for the final attack. It kos me two turns ater. Go Fear. I use a full root to revive Peepers. He oe hits me. Out Peepers! Fake Out for a Flinch, then Spirit Break. I took Iron head. Both red. I use Sucker Punch. If he is attacking, I go first. Done, ko. 17600 cash comes our way

Levels by Fear, Punch, Parl, Peepers,

Levels by Peeps, Punch, fear.

The results of the tourney:

Allister defeated Melony, Piers over Kabu, and Raihan over Milo

I have Allister’s ghosts next. I move Peepers to the front. I have multiple anti-Ghost darks.

Old 12-10-2019, 01:54 AM   #61
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Levels by Fear, Punch, Parl, Peepers,

FINAl!!!

Battle #1 – Parliament vs . I don’t know what he’ll start off with, but this feels appropriate.

And then that idiot Rose interrupted us again.

I don’t want to go back to the Weald! We run into Sonia, plot, plot plot

Old 12-10-2019, 10:03 PM   #62
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Weald. With Hop

I run into a Pokemon called an Orbeetle. It’s a level 45, not something from the early game part. 3 Ultras later, I’ve snagged it. It’s Bug/psy.

Hello “Shells.”

There’s also the poison/fairy variant of Weezing out here. But I ko it accidentally. I try to summon another and do. Can I bring it in? Yup!

I also catch a Whiscash and Munna.

I find TM85 Phantom Force

Hello Hop!

Here they are.

They flee and we push forward into a old grove. I grab the Rusted Shield on the ground. Hop grabs the Rusted sword. No Pokes slip out, so fly back to Hammerlocke.

Hammerlocke

I swing by a PC. I heal, purchase 20 Ultras, and Dusks.

Hello Raihan!

He tells me of a great power here in the stadium that was unearthed. Hop and I head in to help Leon.

Oleana, Rose’s assatnnt is here and tells me that Rose went off the deep end a bit and awakened an ancient Pokemon called an Eternatus which causes the giant Pokemon phenomena.

I use the lift. We are in the power plant. Hello Hop, Leon, and Rose.

Plotting. But battle now!

Rose.

Battle #1 – Rockzilla vs Escavlier – Flamethrower! I got first, and…….one hit ko.

Levels for Rock, Parl, Croak

Battle #2 – Rockzilla vs Ferrothron. Another Thrower of Flame! Goes first and….. one hit KO. Grass/steel are both weak the the flaming fires of true. And Rockzilla.

Battle #3 – Rockzilla vs Klinklang – Another Flame Thrower!!! It uses Wild Charge, take some damage but my rock self isn’t amused. I ko it.

Levels by Peepers and Fear.

Battle #4 – Rockzilla vs Perrserker – Clean with flaming power of truth! I go first and ko.

Level by Punch

Battle #5 – Rockzilla vs Copperajah – We both dynamax and I use my Max Flare. I go first. BOOM! It drops to yellow. It uses a GMax Steelsurge back and is mildly amusing. I’m still green. AGAIN! LET”S FINISH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Max Flare removes this insect from our presence.

I notched 22800. Remember I don’t have any move boosting items on rock, he carries the Amulet coin instead. That was all natural baby

Old 12-10-2019, 10:25 PM   #63
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

He needs the Champion to catch Eternatus to end this issue plaguing the region. I can head up to see what’s what.

He tries t capture it but it breaks the PokeBall in half. We step in front to protect the Champion.

I moved my normal “I have no idea” person in front Parliament with steel is pretty good. What is this?

My best guess based on how it looks is Dragon/Ghost. Let’s try Drill peck. It’s dynamxes and cannons me. A little damage was dealt. And the leftovers I have help too. Again. It ues Flamethrower and that’s savage, and burns me. Another Drill Peck connects. I use Full Restore. Is uses another Flame. No burn this time. I may have more Pots than it has moves, but let’s not play that game yet. DP again. Flame, KO.

Next? Peepers. Spirit Break. It uses Cross Poison, super effective vs my Fairy. I drop it to yellow. Sucker Punch, it attacks, so I go first and I accidentally KO it.

Now we face a claw of the guy, and Hop joins me and my stuff . Drill Peck. We can’t use any moves. We use our sword and shield against him. The two wolves appear and join the battle. They merge with the weapons and move out.

Drill Peck! We use Light Screen,And it uses Max Flare, and my flyer of the steel is hurt to yellow. We can use moves. I use X Defense and see if it works. Our allies use some Behemoth moves. Max Flare, but on another target. Drill. Peck. He kos Parliament. I send out Peepers. Fake out. Forces a flinch, and that should open him to my foes.

I try a heavy ball and……

GOT IT!

Old 12-10-2019, 11:03 PM   #64
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

(I was poison/dragon, not ghost, fyi)

Rose turned himself in.

Champion Battle Time

Going into the Final Battle:

Party:

Punch Monkey – Level 60
Parliament – 61
Rockzilla - 61
Fearcoon - 61
Croakers – 61
Peepers – 64

Ready?

Battle #1 – Parliament vs Aegislash. I wanted to lead with a normal Pokemon. Our foe is ghost/steel. I have no ways in. But steel against rock and Rockzilla is rough. Got it. I use X Attack. He misses with King’s Shield. Drill Peck goes first, does around 1 40th damage. Shadow Ball back, takes around half of my health, then leftovers helps. X Defend. Another Shadow Ball. I’m red. I use May Potion to restore my hp. Sacred Sword used, crit on me. Drill again. It protects from my attack and drops my attack. Again! Drill Peck connects. Shadow Ball again. Another Max. Another Ball. I use Drill Peck. Deep into red. Sacred Sword drops me to yellow. Another! He uses Full Restore. I hit. Another pit, another Ball. DP. Another protect, another DP. Shadow Ball. Max pot. Sword. Alright another Drill Peck! Another Shadow Ball. Another Drill Peck!! Finishe,d Ko.

I am very red.

Battle #2 – Rockzilla vs Cinderace – Fire is the wrong one to leave out Parl against. Smack down. Acrobatics does little against my rock. Again! Another acro, and another Down of the Smack drops him to red. Again. He uses Pyro Ball. Barely touches me. KO.

Battle #3 – Peepers vs Haxorus, a Dragon – Fake Out. Flinch, good. Spirit Break. It uses the super effective Iron Tail, drops me to red. And for me….KO.

Level for Peeps

Battle #4 – Punch Monkey vs Seisitoad – Grass should do quick work of ground/water. DRUM POUND! I go first and it’s over in one hit.

Level for Punch and Croakers

Battle #5 – Fearcoon vs Dragapult, a ghost/dragon evolution. Night Slash! It uses Dragon Breath. Paralyzes me. One hit ko my friends.

Level for Rock and Fear

Ready for that Charizard.

I have two ways to fight it. Fire, or Flying

Battle #6 – Rockzilla vs Charizard. We both Dynamax and I use Max Rockfall. Fire vs fire in the final matchup! Gotta love the synergy. He uses Max rockfall me, solid damage. Mine on him? To red. Again! He drops me ot red. And….we finish this

We win! 31,200 on cash.

Good job team! I didnt lose anyone.

Parl level, btw

My winning team, in order from when they joined my team

1. Rillaboom, “Punch Monkey” level 61, holding Luck Incense, knows Drain Punch, Grass Knot, Drum Beat and Overgrowth. Starter
2. Corviknight, “Parliament”, level 62, holding Leftovers, knows Steel Wing, Drill Peck, Brave Bird, and Hone Claws. Joined me on route 1.
3. Obstagoon, “Fearcoon,” level 62, holding Shed Bell, knows Night Slash, Headbutt, Obstruct, and Double-edge. Joined me on route 2.
4. Coalossal, “Rockzilla,” level 62, holding Charcoal, knows Ancient Power, Tar Shot, Flamethrower, Smack Down. Joined me on route 3
5. Toxtricity, “Croakers,” level 62, holding Magnet. Knows Toxic, Poison Jab, Overdrive, and Boomburst. Joined me on route 5.
6. Grimmsnarl, “Peepers,” level 65, holding Fairy Plate. Knows Spirit Break, Sucker Punch, Fake Out, and Foul Play. Traded in link trade for level 30 at Stowe-on-Side.

And there you are! No legendaries.

Quick analysis, although there are some exceptions, I generally feel that most Pokemon need to hit 500 total stats in order to be a finish—able leader.

Now that I’ve played the game naked, where were mine?

530, 495, 520, 510, 502, and 510 respectively. Only my flyer/steel wasn’t at 500, and it was right behind. Examples of strong Pokemon at 500 include the big bug trio of Pinsir, Heracross, and scyther, Rapidash, Ursaring, and more.

495, my lowest, includes finishers like Nidoking and Queen, Golem, etc. Other than my starter, my best was my Galar zigzagoon evolution.

Alright, my favorite Pokémon this run was…

I really like Peepers, Parliament, and Rock. I felt Peepers offered an interesting and unique tricky but powerful move set and great stats and types. But I really enjoyed my bird and my coal. Fire and Rock were very powerful this run, and it was good at sweeping. In fact all of my folks save for early Croakers pre-higher level moves were more sweepers than anything else. Parl’s steel could help hold the fort while I healed or winnowed away, but at the end of the day, all, were sweepers and could run an entire battle or gym. Good job!

I’m giving my top spot to Grimmsnarl, where a tempting demonish Pokemon felt new, looked good, and offered unique play. Then Corviknight.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-10-2019 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:47 PM   #65
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I was looking at the game for some fun-post win enjoyment, but the post-game stuff is light, one Master's ball, a single legendary, no new sections of the game, plots, etc. You just have the battle tower, and that's it.

Old 12-14-2019, 03:10 PM   #66
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s do a quick review of the game now that I’ve finished it as it’s gotten some flack online and from user comments..

#1. I agree with the price issue. You could get the last few generations on release day for 34.99, but this was 59.99, and didn’t feel like there were 25 dollars worth of new stuff. It took me 10 hours fewer (roughy) to beat the game than normal, and less post-game things to do, like explore new sections of the map, have some more plot, capture older Pokemon, hunt down many more legendary (here it’s just one) and more.

#2. I disagree with the “Cannot transfer issue.” Other generations on release (Ruby/Sapphire in Gen 3) didn’t have this either until later games in the franchise peaked out. But they added other needed things (special attack vs normal) and abilities for Pokemon and lots more. This does the same.

#3. Some of the changes were great. I enjoyed seeing the Pokemon to engage, so you’d know what you were dealing with, and could more easily chase certain Pokemon. There were a number of QOL upgrades like still not needing Surf and such and more, as well as things like the free move relearner in every Pokemon Center, and more. The fly mechanics were better, and the ability to go to non-towns was also useful. You spent less time backtracking too to previous routes to see where I could Cut/Surf/Strength and find hidden items. Only the bike-on-water worked for that.

#4. Some of the changes were meaningless – There were some I didn’t care for much one way or the other. Gigiantizing your dorks was always something you could counter, and thus didn’t really mean much. I didn’t care for it one way or another. And the animations it used took too long. The gym challenge ahead of time was just another way of giving you pre-gym battle things to do to ensure that your gym battle will work. It felt like just another pre-run, with some weird things.

#5 – You had way too much cash at the end. I finished with 50 Ultra Balls, Dusks, Greats, Pokes, as well as dozens of Full Restores, Revives, Full Heals, etc. I also was buying tons of Repels, and TMs I didn’t need just because I had the cash, and I still finished with hundreds of thousands of PokeCash.

Overall? I liked it, and felt that the changes, wild area, movement around the map, different ways to catch things and more worked, no changes annoyed me, and overall I finished 10 hours less of ga me time Just 10 routes, less exploring, and less post-game stuff. Overall, I felt that the things removed roughly equaled the things added, and would be worth the previous price point or maybe up to $40, but the extra full-release of 60 felt too much to me.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:43 PM   #67
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hello!

I'm back!

After COVID issues at the place on campus where we are at we are opening for summer here at UMBC with a skeleton operation. We have finished moving in around 35 for the summer in a building that normally houses 555. I am about to have a very very quiet summer with my work expecting to be super quiet, so I am looking for things I can do at work.

And what can I do at work? Switch! I am picking up Pokemon Sword and playing through the other side. Now I will be skipping another thread as this would be probably one page each as I am just going over the basic skeleton framework.

I cannot use any of the Pokemon I won the last game with. Or the legendary you get.

I'll be skipping past all plot points and story moments and only tracking places on the map. You get that from this dynasty already.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-09-2020 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:55 AM   #68
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Pokemon I’ve Won with, Alpha List:

Aegislash
Aggron
Aggron
Altaria
Amphardos
Articuno
Articuno
Azelf
Azelf
Blastoise
Blaziken
Breloom
Carbink
Charizard
Cobalion
Crobat
Decidueye
Delphox
Dialga
Dragonite
Drifblim
Empoleon
Entei
Espeon
Espeon
Flygon
Garchomp
Giratina
Gogoat
Golisopod
Greninja
Gyarados
Gyarados
Gyarados
Hawlucha
Haxorus
Heracross
Ho-oh
Houndoom
Hypno
Incineroar
Jolteon
Kangaskhan
Kommo-O
Kyogre
Lapras
Latios
Lucario
Lucario
Lugia
Magmar
Magneton
Magnezone
Magnezone
Meganium
Meganium
Metagross
Misdreavus
Mudsdale
Muk
Naganadel
Oranguru
Pangoro
Pelipper
Pinsir
Poliwrath
Raichu
Raichu
Rapidash
Regice
Rotom
Salamence
Samurott
Sceptile
Sceptile
Scyther
Sharpedo
Shedinja
Shiftry
Snorlax
Suicune
Swampert
Talonflame
Tauros
Tentacruel
Thundurus
Torkoal
Torterra
Toxicroak
Tropius
Tropius
Tyrantrum
Umbreon
Venusaur
Victini
Victreebell
Virizion
Volcarona
Xerneas
Zapdos
Zekrom
Zeraora

if it's in the list twice I've won with it twice. I wasn't always in that place and I will let myself win with a lesser dork like Tropius more than once as it's my favorite pokemon. I didn't have the goal initially of not running a Pokémon more than once so good Pokémon like Aggron, Gyrados, and legendaries are in here more than once. Note that now I am trying to win without leaning on the crutch of a legendary which is an even more recent goal of mine.

Now I will want to avoid these as well as my six folks from the previous run. Now that I've won I'm more likely to lean into older Pokemon I've not won with in the central zone of the game that I may catch.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-09-2020 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:00 PM   #69
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I choose the medium dark girl and name myself Mabel.

I choose Scorbunny to be my starter! Fire here we go!

I name it "Ears" It's got them!

I fight Hop. He has two pokes. I win.

We head to the Slumbering Weald to save a pokemon

I search the area. I run into an odd Pokémon in the fog. It cannot be hit!

I finish the Weald (for now) with Ears at level 7.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-09-2020 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:40 PM   #70
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I head out from home.

I arrive in my first city.

Now route 2

I am given 25 balls and begin to catch some locals.

I capture Skwovet, Rookidee, Chewtle, Nickit,

I head back and heal and drop off Rookiee as I won the game with it.

I buy 20 more PBs at the PC.

I head bac to Route 1

I capture a Wooloo. Nothing new here.

I return to Route 2

I finish with:

Ears Level 11
Chewtle level 8
Wooloo level 5
Skwovet and Nickit level 7

Old 06-09-2020, 03:49 PM   #71
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Back to route 2

I capture Zizagoon, Yamper. I have Yamper join my party.

Pokémon Trainer #1 - Ears vs Wooloo. Two hit kill.

Ears learns double kick after leveling.

I name my team:

Yamper - "Pantsalot," as a panting dog. Rhymes with Lancelot. May call "Pants" for shorts
Nickit - "Direfox" looks like an evil Fox.
Chewtle - ""Shells," as it looks like a turtle
Wooloo - "Col. Fluff" as it's very fluffy. I'll likely call it "Fluff"
Skwovet - "Cheeks," like Ears it has them. It's a squirrel looking Pokemon.

Double kick is tearing through the local noms at Route 2.

Pokemon Trainer #2 - Ears vs Chewtle - Fire vs Water is a type disadvantage. Double Kick. Again! It's out. I win and I net 504. Level y Fluff

I run into a Blipbug and I try to capture it. I name it "Beetles." It;s the Wurmple and Caterpie of Gen 8. I swap it for Cheeks.

Pokemon Trainer #3 - Ears vs Blipbug - Ember! One hit ko. Super effective. Our foe tosses out Nickit. Double Kick! One hit Ko. I get 420

I run into a Seedot and try to snag it. I do so.

End of Route 2 -

Ears - Level 13
Shells - Level 10
Beetles - Level 7
Direfox - Level 10
Fluff - Level 8
Pantsalot- Level 8

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-10-2020 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:23 AM   #72
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I arrive at the Professor's lab:

Hello plot! Which I will skip

Battle with Hop:

Ears vs Wooloo. Double Kick! Wooloo is normal. One hit ko. Pants leveled.

Ears vs Grookey - Ember! It Branch Pokes me. Again! Done. Fluff levels.

Shells vs Rookiedee - Water Gun! Peck back. Once more with feeling! Done. Beetles levels.

I net 640 in cash from the battle.

I win a letter of endorsement from the master for the Gym Challenge.

A meteroite falls and we get a wishing star, which will allow dynamaxing pokemon into biggy size. Bigger than that. Really big!!!

I head to the train pausing to heal my Pokes. We get a set of camping gear.

We are forced to stop at the central wild area rather than finish the train journey.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-10-2020 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:42 AM   #73
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Wild Area Take 1

We are given a Pokebox Link and can link up outside of Pokemon Centers with the box.

I capture:

Vanillite
Bunnelby
Metapod

I have my first evolution!

Beetles, my Blipbug, hit level 10 and is now a Dottler!

Dottler gained the psychic ability so now I have a psychic bug! This is a unique type combo for Dottler and it's upgraded form.

It also learned reflect, confusion and light screen on leveling

I capture:

Swinub

Evolution!

My starter hit level 16 and evolves into a Raboot.

I capture:

Pancham
Tyrogue
Mudbray
Vulpix
Stufful
Diglett
Hoothoot
Oddish
Nuzleaf
Bounsweet
Combee
Roggenrola

I try some raid battles

I snag a raid Natu
and a raid Pidove
and a raid Togepi

Ears learns Flame Charge

End of Wild Area 1

Ears - Level 20
Shells - Level 16
Beetles - Level 15
Direfox - Level 16
Fluff - Level 15
Pantsalot- Level 16

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-10-2020 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:25 PM   #74
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Motostoke City!

Plot, plot plot plot. Search search search search.

I buy 20 PokeBalls.

I find some charcoal for my ears

I choose unlucky number 13 as my jersey kit. I'll make it lucky again!

Team Yell Grunt #1 - Ears vs Zigzagoon - Flame Charge! KO. I snagged 72 in cold hard cash.

Team Yell Grunt #2 - Ears vs Nickit - Flame Charge. It uses Assurance. Again! Done. Level by Direfox. Another sweet 720

Two on Two Battle #1 - Ears and Wooloo vs Nickt and Zigzagoon - Double Kick! One hit. Level by Beetles. Another DK. Another death. 1440 in PokeCash.

Hop

Ears vs Wooloo. Double Kick! One hit. Level by Col. Fluff and Pantsalot.Fluff learned DK as well.

Beetles vs Grookey. Stuggle Bug! Branch Poek on me. Down to red. Again! He uses a pot. Down.

Pants vs Rookiedee. Nuzzle! Peck on me. It's paralyzed. Again! Down to red. Once more? Down too.

All done! I made a sweet 1120 Pokecash.

I capture a slowpoke.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-10-2020 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:07 PM   #75
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 3

I capture a Gossifleur that I name "Petals" and replaces Co. Fluff my Wooloo.

Pokemon Trainer #1 - Ears vs Vulpix. Double Kick. Down. Cash? 1008

I capture Trubbish and Stunky.

Pokemon Trainer #2 - Ears vs Pancham - Flame Charge!!! red, body slam back. Once more! Down and we are netting a sweet 936

Evolution!

Our Nickit, Direfox, has evolved into a Thievul! It learns Thief on level up. It looks sick. I hope it plays it.

Pokémon Trainer #4 - Ears vs Nickit. Flame Charge! Down in two hits I make 740

I find TM37 Bulk Up

Pokémon Trainer #5 - Ears vs Sizzilipede. It eats fire type moves. Double Kick. Four turns later KOI make 832.

End of Route 3

Ears - Level 22
Direfox - Level 19
Pantsalot - Level 19
Beetles - Level 18
Shells - Level 18
Petals - Level 14

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-10-2020 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:38 PM   #76
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Type Coverage Check:

I wanna check to see my same-type attack bonus (STAB) across from super effective types.

Ears

Fire - Good vs Grass, Bug, Ice, Steel

Petals

Grass - Good vs Ground, Rock, and Water

Pantsalot -

Electric - Good vs Flying and Water

Shells -

Water - Good vs Fire, Rock Ground

Rock (Will get on level up) - Good vs Flying, Ice, Fire, Bug

Direfox -

Dark - Good vs Ghost, Psychic

Beetles -

Bug - Good vs Psychic, Grass, Dark

Psychic - Good vs Fight, Poison

That means I have coverage against everything but these types:

Normal, Electric, Dragon, Fairy

That's actually pretty good with just two two type Pokemon. I doubt that I'l keep my Grass and/or my Dark until the end, although I enjoy the others.

I already have coverage for rock and ground with my water and against water with my electric. It's duplicative as a type. Add in Fight for normal, Steel or poison for Fairy, Fairy or Ice for Dragon and ground for Electric.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-10-2020 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:00 AM   #77
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Galar Mine

I heal right at the end of Route 3 and before the adjacent mine

I move Shells to the front of my party given the large amount of rocks here. It's Water gun is clearing a path in one hit each.

Pokémon Trainer #1 - Shells vs Roggenrola. Water Gun! Down red. It uses rollout on us. Again! it's done. We make 1400

I find TM 54 Rock Blast

Pokémon Trainer #2 - Shells vs Timburr. This is a fighting foe and I have nothing against it. Hmm... Water Gun? This will take a few turns. It is using Rock Throw against me. Again. Once more. Dead. I switch in Ears for another Timburr and Flame Charge it. It dies after it pounds me. A third Timburr arrives. Flame Charge! Down to red. Rock Throw. Again! it's gone. I make a sweet 1400 in Pokecash

I find TM 26 Scary Face

Pokémon Trainer #3 - Shells vs Diglett. Water Gun!!! It scratches me. It's done. shells vs Drillbur - Water Gun Again. It uses Rapid Spin. Again and knocks me to red, but I finish it. I win 1500 in sweet cash.

I capture:

Timburr
Woobat
Drillbur

Pokémon Trainer #4 - Shells vs Rolycoly. Water Gun! Hit deep. It uses Rapid Spin. Again! KO. I make 1500

Bede:

Shells vs Solosis - Bite! Super Effective (dark vs Psychic) one hit ko.

Shells vs Gothita - Bite! Super effective drops it hard. Confusion on me. Again! Gothita is down.

Direfox vs Hatenna - Thief! One hit ko.

I win 1920 Pokecash.

I capture a Carkol an upgraded Rolycoly.

Shells learns Headbutt

Ears learns Agility

Shells hits level 22 and evolves

into a Drednaw!

It learns Rock Tomb.

End of Galar Mine

Ears - Level 24
Shells - Level 22
Beetles - Level 20
Direfox - Level 21
Petals - Level 18
Pantsalot - Level 21

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-11-2020 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-11-2020, 01:35 PM   #78
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 4

I want to give Pantsalot some EXP to get to level 25 to evolve it so I move it to the front now that it has Spark. As a solo ELEC is only weak to ground attacks it's not bad to lead a team in a generic place.

Pokémon Trainer #1 - Pants vs Meowth - Spark! Down to yellow. Growl me me. Once more. KO. I stay out for Butterfree. Spark! Supersonic on me that confuses me. I spark through it. Nuzzle! He uses a pot, but I hit. Again! KO. Pans levels. I swap out Ears for Deedot. Flame Charge! One hit later it's done. I made a cool 1440

Pokémon Trainer #2 - Pants vs Pikachu. Bite. it uses quick attack first. Again. Electro Ball this time, very little damage. It faints. Level by Direfox and Petals. Direfox learns Nasty Plot. I neted 720 cash

I capture:

Pumpkaboo
Electrike
Meowth
Goldeen
Magikarp
Pikachu

I thought about sending in Galarian steel mewoth but it's evolution is weak

Pokémon trainer #3 - Pantsalot vs Electrike. Bite! it drops it to yellow. It misses with a Thunder Wave. Again! KO. I keep out Pants for Lotad. Spark. Critical hit. Down in one. I made 1440 from the combat.

Petals hit level 20 and is evolving!

I now have a Eldegoss!

It learns Cotton Spore.

Pokémon Trainer #4 - Pants vs Eevee - I use Spark. It uses quick attack. I drop it deep and para it. Again! Ko. I made 720

Pokemon Trainer #5 - Pants vs Joltik. Bite! It flinches. Can;t move. Again! Knocked out. I leave it out for Grubbin. Spark! It's down. Direfox and Pants level. 672 comes my way.

I find TM07 Pin Missle

I find an Eevee!

I capture it. Do I want an Eevee evolution? I could! I send it to my box.

Pokemon Trainer #6 - Pants vs Milcery - Spark! Deep in red and it drops a draining kiss on me and heals. Again! KO. 720 for me

I find some Silver Powder which improves bug moves and hand it to Beetles

Pants hits level 25 and evolves...

into a Boltund!

Finishing my goal I head out

End of Route 4

Ears - Level 25
Pantsalot - Level 25
Shells - Level 23
Petals - Level 21
Beetles - Level 22
Direfox - Level 23

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-11-2020 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:37 PM   #79
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Turrfield

I buy 20 pokeballs

PLOT

I find a leaf stone...

I could give it to Eevee and have a Leafoen, which I have never won teh game with. The Ice Stone isn't until later for the Ice Eevee. Now it would be a powerful Pokemon, but as you saw, grass is duplicate on my team. What do I do? I cannot most of the others as I have won the game with the dark and psychic ones, as well as the elementals, but not grass or ice or fairy. But the fairy is too hard, and ice would be welcome. Do I add Leafeon even though the type coverage isn;t needed?

Not now.

Maybe Ice Stone later?

Gym Challenge #1 - Grass

I move my bug/psychic Beetles front and center.

I trade a Galarian Meowth for a normal one

I buy the Flying Uniform

Gym Battle #1 - Beetles vs Gossifluer. Struggle Bug! Deep red. It uses Leafage. Again! Ko. I snagged 1536

Gym Battle #2 - Beetles vs Budew. Struggle Bug! It grows. Another Bug of Struggle. Fainted. I stay out for Oddish. Struggle Bug! It growths. Again! It's deep red. It sues Stun spore. I am paralyzed. Again! Fainted. I make 1632

I use Para Heal.

Gym Battle #3 - Beetles vs Bounsweet. Struggle Bug! One hit ko. I stay out for Ossish. Confusion! It's poison. Acid back. Again! It faints. I make 1632

Gym Leader #1 - Milo

Beetles vs Gossifleur - Struggle Bug! Drops it to red. It uses Magical Leaf. Another Bug! KO. Beetles levels up to 23.

Beetles vs Elegoss - Dynmax May Flutterby. He also Dynamaxes. Max Overgrowht goes first. Not that effective vs Bug. I drop it to half. It has some of its hp restored. AGAIN!It overgrowths maxxl. And I drop it to deep red. ONCE MORE! Max Strike used on me. It drops me to red. It falls.

Levels by Direfox, Ears, and Shells

I make 3200

I get TM 10 Magical Leaf.

I teach it to Petals. I could get Leafeon and teach it to him, but I won't.

I purchase 20 Great Balls

I move Ears back to the front of my team.

I was overleveled. Milo was level 20 with his best Pokemon and I've not seen any better than 17.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-11-2020 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-11-2020, 04:45 PM   #80
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Musings:

I do expect to keep my:

Ears
Shells, Drednaw
Pantsalot, Bolthund
Beetles, Dottler

Each of those four have proven themselves. I doubt Direfox or Petals will last for long. As of right now Direfox's Dark gives me Ghost and Psychic answers. Petals nothing. Petals is the first to go. I'd be happy for a nice:

Fight (anti-Normal)
Ground (anti Elect)
Fairy or Ice (Anti-Dragon)
Poison or Steel (Anti-Fairy)

for type coverage.

I look through my boxes. Let's make sure I didn;t catch anyone.

I have these

Fights:

Timburr
Tyrogue

Neither are good enough. There is a Pacham which evolves into a good ally but I;ve already won with him.

Ice

Vanillite
Swinub

They aren't good. Mamoswine is hard to get and I need level 33 before Swinub stops sucking.

Poison

Oddish
Trubbish
Stunky

What about Poison? I could level up Oddish to Gloom and hand it a Leaf Stone for a Vileplume early. But Poison only hits what Steel would hit and I prefer Steel lower.

Ground

Swinub
Diglett
Drillbur

Hm... At level 31 Drilbur becomes Exadrill and gains Steel which will hurt Fairies. That's not bad.

Steel

Meowth
Drillbur later

Maybe Drillbur

Fairy

Togepi

Togepi isn't that bad, but the Shiny Stone is needed for it's final form

I name Drillbur "Drills" and replace Petals

I spend some time leveling up my team to get my new member caught up. I teach it Metal Claw. I get it up to level 20.

After it evolves I'll have every type save for Normal and Dragon covered.

I use TR Waterfall on Drednaw and replace Water gun.

While levelling in the Wild Area I capture:

Koffing
Bonsly
Snover
Purrloin
Tympole

and...

Clobbopus which is level 15, fighting.

None of those are good enough to rotate in for my Thievul, Direfox.

Actually, now that I look them up there is a Galarian form of Weezing that's Fairy/Poison, a dragon slayer.

Let's look!

If I gave up Thieval I'd lose good attacks on Ghost (Bug is super effective vs Psychic) but gain them on Dragon. Plus Weezing is a more powerful Pokemon than Thievul.

it would equal this:

Fairy - Good vs Dragon, Fight, Dark

Poison - Good vs Grass, Fairy

So it'd be good against five types and I'd essentially swap the Ghost for Dragon. Note that there is a Dragon gym (Gym #8) so either Ice or Fairy is helpful there.

Ideally I'd find an Ice/Dark, Fight/Dark or Ice/Fight, Fairy/Dark (which I had last time and won my MVP), or Fairy/Fight that brings in two of the types I still need of Dragon, Ghost and Normal and swapping in for my Dark spot. (Only Ghost and Dark hurt Ghost, only Fight hurts Normal, only Fairy and Ice hurt Dragons)

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-11-2020 at 11:04 PM.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:08 AM   #81
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 5

I wanna get Beetles to level 30 so it's in front.

Team Battle #1 - Beetles and Direfox vs Klink and Helioptile. I confusion and Thief on Klink. It's down. They Thunder shock Beetles. I use my same moves on the Helioptile. Also dead. I netted 3600

I capture:

Swirlix
Minccino
Wobbuffet

Pokémon Trainer #1 - Beetles vs Applin - Struggle Bug! One hit ko. I get 2400

I find TM 31 Attract

I capture:

Dewpider

Pokémon Trainer #2 - Beetles vs Minccino - Confusion! It's deep red. It uses Attract. Again! it is KOd. I don't know what a Steenee is but I have a half-wounded Beetles so I might as well leave it out. Looks like grass. Struggle Bug! Yup its super effect and a one hit ko. I make 1824 in cold hard Pokecash

I head back for healing and purchase 10 Great Balls.

Pokémon Trainer #3 - Beetles vs Stuful - I use Confusion which is super effective. One hit ko. Direfox vs Ralts. Thief! One hit again. Pantsalot vs Cutiefly. Spark! One hit ko super effect (it's bug flying), I made 1824

I find the Pokémon Nursery here.

I am given a Toxel here.

I used it to win last game so not this time

Team Yell Grunt #1 - Beetles vs Zigzagoon - Dark is bad against my poison. I use Struggle Bug which is super effective. I hit first and KO it. I swap out Ears vs Theivul. Flame Charge! Deep red. Tail whip used back. Again! KO and we get 1440 for winning

Team Yell Grunt #2 - Beetles vs Sableye - Struggle Bug. Drops it to yellow. It disables my Struggle Bug. I cannot use it again. I can use Confusion but Darks are immune to it. So I swap into Drills to finish it off. It uses Astonish. I order a Metal Claw. Deep red. Another Astonish back. Again! I ko it. Good job Drills that's your first battle for me. 1440 in cash

I am given a Rotom Bike by the guy I saved

Hop

Beetles vs Wooloo - Confusion. Deep yellow. Defense Curl back. Again. KO.

Pants vs Corvisquire - Spark! One hit ko against the evolved Rookidee.

Beetles vs Thwackey - His grass starter. Struggle Bug! Deep red and it uses grass on me and barely hurts. Again! He uses a Super Pot. Once more with feeling! He uses Double Hit. I ko him

We win! I snag 1680 for my victory over my rival.

Pokémon Trainer #4 - Beetles vs Cherubi - Struggle Bug! One hit ko. For woobat I send out Pants. Spark! 1824 after the KO

Pokémon Trainer #5 - Beetles vs Croagunk - Confusion to hit its Fight. One hit ko. 1900 in cash

End of Route 5

Ears - Level 29
Shells - Level 29
Pantsalot - Level 29
Beetles - Level 28
Drills - Level 23
Direfox Level 27

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-12-2020 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-12-2020, 11:01 AM   #82
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hulberry

I heal up in the Pokemon Center.

Plot

I trade Minccino for Cottonee

I purchase Luck Incense which will double the cash from a battle and hand it to Ears.

I find a Magnet and give it to Pants to boost his moves.

I capture a

Chinchou
Arrokuda

I find TM82 Electroweb. Is that something I want to replace Shock? Pantsalot cannot learn it.

I move pants to the front of my team

Gym, Challenge #2 - Water

Gym Battle #1 - Pants vs Tympole - Spark my foe. One hit later ko'd. I made 2016

Gym Battle #2 - Pants vs Krabby - Spark! KO in one. I stay out for Corphish. Spark again my dog. Another one hit. Pants levels. 1920 in Pokecash

Gym Battle #3 - Pants vs Remoraid - Spark once more. One hit wonder. Pants vs Chewtle - Spark. Another. Drills leveled and learned Crush Claw. I made 2016

Gym Leader #2 - Nessa

Pants vs Goldeen. Spark! I go first. Down.

Pants vs Arrokuda. Spark. it goes first and uses Aqua Jet. I spark back and smash it down.

Pants vs Dreadnaw. I Dynamax into Max Lightning. She also dynamaxes. I go first. It drops. Level by Ears and Beetles.

Ears learns Headbutt.

I made 3844

I get TM 35 Whirlpool.

I head to the Pokemon Center:

I buy 10 Great Balls

I get the TM 79 Retaliate

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-12-2020 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-12-2020, 09:01 PM   #83
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Wild Area Take 2

I can now capture up to level 30 with the Water badge so I snag:

Roselia
Duskull
Gastly
Drifloon
Wingull
Wooper
Quagsire

Onix from a raid
Espurr from another raid
Barboach from another raid

I find TM 84 Tail Slap

Beetles hits level 30 and evoles:

Orbeetle!

I buy 10 dusk balls

I find a Machoke in a raid

I capture in the new unlocked area

Cutiefy
Basculin

i capture a level 28 Sneasel. Let's talk.

Sneasel is Ice/Dark and gives me type coverage and can swap in for Direfox.

It's an okay Pokemon. What you want is it's evolution, Weavile, which is much better.

It needs to be leveled at night wearing a Razor Claw, and Weavile is pretty powerful. And a dragon slayer with the bonuses of dark.

Where can I get Razor Claws in Galar?

Dusty Bowl

Stowe on Side has a traders market that can find it

The dig brothers might dig it up

Hmm....

It needs the water bike to get to, so I cannot get it right now.

I am thinking about swapping in Sneasal now as a stop gap to level up and keep with us up as we gain levels. Let's do it, I swap it for Direfox

Then I run to the digging tema

I purchase 30 Great Balls

I find a Damp Rock and Light Clay.

I name Sneasel "Wheezy"

End of Wild Area Take 2

Ears - Level 31
Barksalot - Level 32
Drills - Level 26
Shells - Level 31
Beetles - Level 30
Wheezy - Level 28

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-12-2020 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-13-2020, 06:12 PM   #84
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I capture a Shiny Stone and a Fossilized Dino from the dig brothers today. Is there something I wanna use the Shiny Stone on?

Nope. If I had been running Togepi then I could have made the powerful Togekiss from Toketic, but nothing else. Roserade but I don't need that.

I want to get to Stowe today, home of the fourth Gym badge and check it out daily to see if my claw is available for sale

Galar Mine 2

I move Shells front

I capture:

Wimpod
Noibat

Bede

Shells vs Solosis - Rock Tomb! One hit ko.

Wheezy vs Gothita - Icy Wind! It uses Rock Tomb back. We'll do this a few times. I need to get Wheezy a dark attack. Ko on turn 4.

Shells vs Pontya - Waterfall! One hit ko

Ears vs Hatenna. Flame Charge. Deep yellow. It uses Psybeam. Decently effective. Flame Charge. We win and I get 5520

Any TRs I can use?

Nope but I teach Drills High Horsepower a nasty Ground move.

Pokemon Trainer #1 - Shells vs Carkol. Waterfall! In one. I win 2100

Pokemon Trainer #2 - Shells vs Rogenrola - Waterfall! In one. Beetles vs Timburr. Confusion. One hit again. I make 2100

I capture:

Corphish
Stunfisk, Galar version
Shellos
Scraggy

Team Grunt #1 & 2 with Hop: Shells and Wooloo vs Thivul and Linooine. Waterfall Thievul. I knock it out. Their Linooine uses Night Slash. Our Wooloo hits the Linnooine hard. A Liepard replaces the downed Pokemon. Waterfall on it. I take it out in one hit as well. Night Slash again on me this time. Wooloo finishes it's foe. Pancham is sent out. Waterfall. KOd. We make 3440

Pokemon Trainer #3 - Shells vs Drillbur - Waterfall. One hit. They send out Onix, and another Waterfall is called for. Another one hit down. 2760 for me

I find TM 49 Sand Tomb

Plot

End of Galar Mine #2

Ears - Level 32
Pantsalot - Level 33
Drills - Level 28
Shells - Level 33
Beetles - Level 31
Wheezy - Level 29

Old 06-13-2020, 06:26 PM   #85
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Motostoke Outskirts

I find an Amulet Coin which is the same as the Luck Incense and hand it to Shells.

I find:

Sudowoodo
Noctowl

Pokemon Trainer #1 - Ears vs Yamper. Flame Charge. Deep yellow. Roar on me swaps me for Beetle. Struggle Bug. KO. Pants vs Swoobat. Spark! One hit. Pants levels and learns Crunch. I get 9600

Pokemon Trainer #2 - Shells vs Growlithe. Waterfall! One hit ko. 5520 for that one attack

End of Motostoke Outskirts

Ears - Level 33
Pantsalot - Level 34
Drills - Level 29
Shells - Level 34
Beetles - Level 32
Wheezy - Level 30

Old 06-13-2020, 06:58 PM   #86
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Motostoke

I keep Shells in front as Fire is the gym leader here.

I check out the PC shops to see if there is a TM I want o grab. None

I buy 20 net Balls

PLOT!!!

Marnie

Shells vs Croagunk - Waterfall. it's immune. It uses a fight attack on me and does well. Headbutt. KO.

Beetles vs Scraggy - Struggle Bug. Headbutt back and its a crit. Again! I finish it.

Drills vs Morpeko - High Horsepower! She uses Bite first. I flinch. Again. Bite again. i connect and its super effective and another one hit-er. 6240

Gym Challenge #3 - Fire

I capture the fire Pokemon

Gym Battle #3 - Kabu

Shells vs Ninetales - WATERFALL BABY! One hit...down. Level by Wheezy

Shells vs Arcanine - DO GO CHASING WATERFALLS! Deep red. It uses double team. Again! It burns me with Will o the Wisp. It's down.

Shells vs Centiskorch. DYNAMAX and use Max Geyser. It also Dynas. I go first and deal around 1/3rd of his ho and he uses Max Flutterby on me. Again! Into red. It hits me again. Let's finish! I drop a third Geyser of Maximum power and ko him. I get a net of 8640 Level by Drills.

I get a fire badge which will let me catch Pokemon up though level 35 and control them through 50

I get TM 38 Will-o-Wisp

Old 06-13-2020, 07:31 PM   #87
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hammerlocke

I purchase the TR For Foul Play for 3000 Watts and teach it to Wheezy

Beetles learns Bug Buzz.

I purchase 20 Dusk Balls

And 10 Super Pots

PLOT!

Battle Cafe:

Ears and Drills vs Alcreamie and Slurpuff - I use Flame Charge and High HP on Alcreamie. it attracts Ears. Slurpuff ko's Drills with a super effective move. I send in Beetles. Bug Buzz and Flame Charge on Al. I take it out. Levels by Ears, Beetles, Pants and Shells. Round by Slurpuff. I target Slurpuff with the same attacks. Round back. Flame Charge and Confusion this time. it uses Play Rough and wounds Beetles. Again! We ko it. I make 8880

Plot

I find TM 29 Charm

Old 06-13-2020, 08:29 PM   #88
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 6

Team Grunt #1 - Ears vs Stunky - Flame Charge. Down. I was injured smashing it. Vs Linooine. Double Kick. One hit ko. 4800 cash

Team Grunt #2 - Ears vs Liepard - Double Kick. Deep red. Fury Swipes back. Again. 4800 cash here as well

EVOLUTION!

Ears evolves...

Hello Cinderace!

It learns Pyro Ball.

Pokemon Trainer #1 - Ears vs Clefairy. Flame Charge. Down. Pants vs Clefable. Spark. Metronome back. Again. KO. 5760 cash

I capture:

Yamask
Axew
Silicobra

EVOLUTION!

Drills evolves into an

Excadrill.

I start using Excadrill in battle.

Pokemon Trainer #2 - Drills vs Skorupi - High HP. One hit. vs Pawniard. High HP. Super efficient. I snag 3600 cash

Pokemon Trainer #3 - Drills vs Throh. Steel is week vs Fight. High HP. I go first and deal about 50%. He uses body toss and gets a crit. Again. I ko him. 2232 cash

I find TM 30 Steel Wing

I fly back to Hammerlocke for healing and purchase 20 Potions

I capture:

Maractus

Pokemon Trainer #4 and #5 - Ears and Drills vs Pawniard and Togetic. I use High HP on Pawn and Flame Charge on Toge. We resolve our attacks first. Pawn is out. Ancient Power i used on Ears and its super effective. Again! Toge is out. 14880 cash!

Pokemon Trainer #6 - Drills vs Sawk. Again, High HP. deep red . Low Sweep is rough. Again! KO.

I find TM15 Dig

I find two fossilized Dinos

Pokemon Trainer #7 - Drills vs Koffing - High HP One hit. I send out Shells for the rock Sudowoodo, Waterfall, one hit. It digs. Again. KO. 3968 cash

I have reached the end of route 5.. Before I wrap up I check the shops

I bought RAZOR CLAW!!!

I hand it to Wheezy

i head back to Route 6 to get it a level

SNEASEL EVOLVES!!!

These are Weavile's good targets:

Ice:

Good vs Dragon, Ground, Flying, Grass

Dark:

Good vs Psychic, Ghost

Pretty Cool! My team is done.

End of Route 6

Ears - Level 36
Drills - Level 33
Shells - Level 36
Wheezy - Level 34
Beetles - Level 35
Pantsalot - Level 37

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-13-2020 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:51 PM   #89
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Daily Stuff

Battle Cafe take two.

Afterwards Beetles levels and learns Psychic.

I did the raids in the wild area but captured nothing I didn;t already have

I purchased a cracked mug in Stow.

While in the wild area I captured:

Krabby
Ninjask
Cufant in a raid
Dubwool in a raid

I find TM 84 Bulldoze

Dig Brothers:

Metal Coat
Stardustx2
Rare Bone x3
Iron Ball
Thunder Stone

Lots of stuff! Nothing for the Thunder stone for now

I hunt the Watt Traders to see if someone is selling Iron head, the best steel move that Drills can learn but nothing is there.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-14-2020 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-14-2020, 02:36 PM   #90
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stow on Side

I buy 10 Great Balls

I find a Dusk Stone to evolve stuff

I find two Fossilized Birds.

I head back to route 6 to to make a Dino

I get an Arctozolt!

Hop

Beetles vs Cramorant - Psychic! About 60% down. It uses fly. Light Screen! Psychic! It paralyzed me but I finished it.

Ears vs Thwackey - Flame Charge! 80%. Razor Leaf back barely hurts. Again! KO.

Shells vs Silicobra - Waterfall! One hit. KO.

Drills vs Toxel - High HP. Super effective. One hit. 5280 in cash

I get TM 06 Fly

I have the psychic Beetles in front

Gym Challenge #4 - Fighting

Gym Battle #1 - Beetles vs Stufful - Psychic!!! One hit. vs Bewear. Psychic! One hit. 3072 in cash

Gym Battle #2 - Beetles vs Farfetch'd - Psychic once again. It protected itself from the attack. Again. KO. 3072 in cash

Gym Battle #3 - Beetles vs Hitmonlee - Psychic again. One hit ko. Again against Hitmonchan. 3168 in cash

Gym Battle #4 - Bea

Beetles vs Hitmontop. Psychic! Deep red. Bug Buzz to finish it. It attacks me with a kick. I take it down.

Beetles vs Pangoro - Bug Buzz! In the yellow. It uses a drk attack against me and dropped me to deep yellow. Again with Bug Buzz. (Psychic can;t hit Dark). KO.

Ears vs Sirfetch'd - Pyro Ball! Deep yellow. It stabs me with it's sword and drops me to deep yellow. Flame Charge! It uses detect and protects itself. Again. FC KOs him.

Pantsalot vs Machamp - The other two are badly damaged and Rock, ice, and steel others are weak to fight. Alright let's do it! I dynamax Pants and Max Lightning our Machamp. I hit and drop it 50% down. it uses Max Darkness back. About the same. Again! I KO it. 11520 in Pokecash

The Fight badge lets me capture up to level 40

I get TM 42 Revenge

PLOT!!!

Bede

Wheezy vs Duosion - Foul Play! Deep red. It uses Light Screen. Again. KO. Shells levels and swaps Headbutt for Jaw Lock.

Wheezy vs Hattrem - Foul Play! Deep yellow. It uses Dazzling Gleam which is powerful and drops me deeply. I Foul Play again and finish them.

Ears vs Gothorita - Pyro Ball. KO. I wanted it's luck incense

Wheezy vs Ponyta - Foul Play! One hit ko. I get 8400 cash

PLOT continues. So boring...

I purchas e 1 0Super Pot

I hand an Expert Belt to Wheezy and Soft Sand to Drills

End of Stow

Ears - Level 39
Drills - Level 37
Shells - Level 39
Wheezy - Level 37
Beetles - Level 38
Pantsalot - Level 40

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-14-2020 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:39 PM   #91
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Wild Area Take Three

I buy 10 Dusks

i capture a

Durant
Cherrim
Xatu
Mareanie
Greedent

End of Wild Area Take 3

Ears - Level 42
Drills - Level 41
Shells - Level 41
Wheezy - Level 41
Beetles - Level 41
Pantsalot - Level 43

Old 06-15-2020, 09:02 AM   #92
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Daily Stuff

Battle Café:

Drills and Ears again - good tag team.

Stow on Side:

I purchase a protector

I head to the wild area to check Watt Traders and the Dig Brothers:

Should I purchase Substitute in case I need it later for 3k Watts as it's a very valuable skill. I don't think it would fit my team. But this is only available today... I skip the purchase for now but it';s in Dappled Grove if I change my mind

Dig Brothers:

Rare Bone
Lagging Tail
Sun Stone
Iron Ball
Ice Stone
Smooth Rock
Stardust
Thunder Stonex2
Everstone
Light Clay
Dusk Stone
Dawn Stone
Fire Stone
Sticky Barb

I have pretty much most of the evolution stones now

None of the Watt Traders have Iron Head

Old 06-15-2020, 09:44 AM   #93
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Glimwood Tangle

Pokémon Trainer #1 - Ears vs Milcery - Pyro Ball. One hit death. Wheezy vs Sinistea. Foul Play. Super effective and OHKO here as well. Weezy vs Shiintioc. Icy Wind. Super effective around 45% down. It uses Bullet Seed on me and does very little damage. Grass vs Ice. Another Icy Wind. Deep in red. It uses Giga Drain. Little damage healed or dealt. Quick Attack to finish it. KO. 8160 made

I capture:

Morgrem (which I won the game with last game and was my MVP)
Indeedee
Shiinotic

Pokémon Trainer #2 and #3 - Beetles and Shells vs Ninetales and Kirlia. Psychic on Ninetales and Waterfall as well. They combine to ko her. Psybeam on Shells. Again! We tag team to take out Kirlia as well. 14688 for the amplified win

Pokémon Trainer #4 - Wheezy vs Indeedee. Foul Play vs its psychic. One hit ko. I stay out for another Indeedee. Another Foul Play. 6600 cash

I find TM24 Snore

I capture:

Hattrem
Passimian

I find TM 56 U-Turn

End of Glimwood Tangle

Ears - Level 44
Shells - Level 43
Wheezy - Level 44
Drills - Level 43
Beetles - Level 43
Pantslot - Level 45

Old 06-15-2020, 10:21 AM   #94
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Ballonea

I purchase 20 Potions

I move Drills to the front of the party. Steel is super good vs Fairy

I get TM 77 Hex

Pokémon Breeder Elaine - Drills vs Dottler. Rock Slide! Super effective down to red. It uses Light Screen. Again with the Slide of Rock. KO. 2880 made in cold fake Pokecash

I find Tm21 Rest

Gym Challenge #5 - Fairy

Gym Battle #1 - Drills vs Spiritzee - Metal Claw! One hit ko. vs Slurpuff. Metal Claw! It dodges. Energy Ball back. Again! One hit ko. I net 3264

Gym Battle #2 - Drills vs Swirlix - Metal Claw!!! Another OHKO. vs Aromatisse. Metal Claw for the future. OHKO again. 3264 cash

Gym Battle #3 - Drills vs Morgrem - Metal Claw for the past! One hit ko once more. vs Gardevoir. Metal Claw for the present! OHKO. Drills levels. 3360 cash

Gym Leader #5 - Opal

Drills vs Weezing - Metal Claw! Down to deep yellow. Fair Wind back, a minor hit. Once more! KO. level by Shells

Drills vs Mawile - High Horsepower, Mawile is steel. One hit ko. Level by Ears

Drills vs Togekiss - Metal Claw. it misses. Air Slash back, minor damage. Again! It dodges. Another Air Slash. I use a Hyper Pot. Another Air Slash. Metal Claw! Deep red. Another Air Slash. We're both deep red. I go first. Metal CLAW!!!it connects, down.

For the final battle I swap in Ears. He is fully healed.

Ears vs Alcreamie. Pyro Ball! It uses G Max Finale. I forget to dynamax. I do it now. Max Flare! It';s almost half down in health. It tries again to G Max and hits us. Another Max Flare! Drops it to mid-yellow. Us too. It's dynamaxing ends. I have one more turn. Max Flare. KO. level up by Beetles and Pants. We snag 12160

We get a Fairy Badge and TM 87 Draining Kiss.

I buy 50 Ultra Balls and 10 Hypers.

PLOT!

I purchase TM 66 Thunder Fang and TM 68 Fire Fang. I replace Flame Charge with Fire Fang and Thunder Fang replaces Spark with Pants. Actually no on Thunders Fang they have the same damage. I keep Spark.

Actually, I purchase TM 67 Ice Fang. Can Weavile learn it? Nope! Shells can, but not Wheezy. Ah well, that would have been an improved attack.

Old 06-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #95
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 7

Hop

Drills vs Trevenant - I swap out ears. I take a Confuse Ray. Fire Fang! One hit.

Ears vs Snorlax - Double Kick. Takes him into the yellow. He body slams me. Once more! KO

Drills vs Bolthund - High Horsepower. it connects with a OHKO.

Shells vs Heatmor - Waterfall. Another OHKO.

Beetles vs Rillaboom - Bug Buzz. OHKO. 8880 in Pokecash for our side for the win.

Pokemon Trainer #1 - Drills vs Ribombee - Rock Slide! One hit. vs Vespiqueen. Another Slide of Rock. Another hit of one. 4320 in cash

Pokémon Trainer #2 - Drills vs Corvisquire. Rock Slide. OHKO. Shells vs Rufflet. Rock Slide by my rock Pokemon. OHKO. 8860

I capture:

Perrserker
Liepard
Morpeko
Galvantula
Inkay
Corvisquire
Baltoy
Snorlax
Sigilyph

Pants learns Wild Charge and swaps it for Spark

End of Route 7

Ears - Level 47
Shells - Level 47
Drills - Level 48
Pants - Level 48
Wheezy - Level 46
Beetles - Level 46

Old 06-16-2020, 11:00 AM   #96
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Daily Stuff

Battle Café - Wheezy and Beetles

Level up by Wheezy

Stow on Side: I purchase a Ring target,

I check on the Watt Traders.

Dig Brothers:

Fossilized Dino
Metal Coatx2
Dawn Stone
Stardust

I capture Piloswine in a raid.
A Ditto as well
And a raid based Vileplume
And a raided Unfezant

I capture a Crustle
Cramorant

I find Iron Head and buy it for 5k watts and learn it to Drills!

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-16-2020 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:47 PM   #97
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 8

Route 8 are a bunch of ruins

I capture:

Golett
Togedamaru
Rufflet
Falinks

Pokémon Trainer #1 - Beetles vs Roselia. Bug Buzz! One hit later a KO. Wheezy vs Hattrem. Foul Play. Deep red. It uses Brutal Swing. Again with Quick Attack to finish this and it's down. 4320 in cash for me

There are a lot of Steels here so I move Ears up

I find TM96 Smart strike

Pokémon Trainer #2 - Shells vs Dreepy. Waterfall. One hit. it stays out for Vullaby. Rock Tomb. One hit. 5328 cash

Pokémon Trainer #3 - Shells vs Togedamaru. Waterfall! Deep red. It uses Bite. Again! KO. 4736 cash

I find TM 43 brick Break

Pokémon Trainer #4 and 5. Shells and Wheezy vs Hippowdon and Excadrills. Waterfall and Foul Play on Excadrill. We avoid a rock slide from it. It faints. Hippowdon uses Sand Tomb. They send out Lucario. Waterfall and Foul Play on Hippowdon. KO. Lucario uses Power-Up Punch on Shells. Perrserker is dispatched. We use the two attacks on Lucario. Fake Out from Perrserker. Shells flinched, and we only hit Lucario about half way. They ko Wheezy. I send out Drills. I target High HP on Perr - one hit ko, and then Shells hits Waterfall on Lucario and finishes it. 13320 in Pokecash made

Pokémon Trainer #6 - Ears vs Arcanine. I swap into Shells. I take a Extreme Speed attack. Waterfall. One hit. Drils vs Bolthund. High Horsepower! And..... one hit ko. 8880 in Pokecash

I capture

Snorunt
Vanillish

End of Route 8

Ears - Level 50
Wheezy - Level 50
Beetles - Level 50
Shells - Level 50
Drills - Level 51
Pantsalot - Level 51

Old 06-17-2020, 02:12 PM   #98
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Daily Stuff

I head to the wild area to check the Watt Traders. I also check in with other things there. they have Thunderbolt which is the same damage as Wild Charge which it already knows so I don't swap over.

Dig Brothers:

Star Piece
Fossilized Bird

I capture:

A Dubwool in a raid
Elygem in a raid as well
And Binacle as well

I head to the fossil making machine with my prize

Fossilized Bird and Fossilized Dino will make...

Another Arcozolt

Ah well

From Stowe on Side I purchase today's bargain...Spell tag.

Battle Café with Ears and Wheezy

I purchase 10 Revives

Old 06-17-2020, 03:09 PM   #99
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Circhester

Let's finish the 6th badge. This badge is Rock in Pokémon Sword. It was Ice the first time through in Shield. I move Drills to the front. Both Steel and Ground are super good vs Rock, and both are strong against it's type attacks. Instead of the normal half damage, Drills will only take 1/4th damage.

I grab TM 27 Icy Wind

I trade Vanillish for Throh

I find TM 51 Icicle Spear

Gym Challenge #6 - Rock

Gym Battle #1 - Drills vs Boldore - High HP. One hit. KO. Level up by Wheezy and Shells. 3648

Gym Battle #2 - Drills vs Crustle. Iron Head! Another one hit wonder Level by Ears. I make 3648 in sweet Pokecash

Gym Battle #3 - Drills vs Carkol. High Horsepower! Boom went the Carkol. Level by drills itself. It learns Earthquake which replaces High HP. 3744 in sweet cash

Gym Battle #4 - Drills vs Sudowoodo - Earthquake for the first time. Down. 3744 cash here as well.

Gym Leader #6 - Gordie

Drills vs Barbacle. I use Iron Head. Deep in yellow. It increases its attack and speed. Again! Razor shell on me one hits me. I send out Ears. Fire Fang! Not very effective. I am one hitted again. Pants! Wild Charge. Works, ko.

Pants vs Shuckle. I use Revive on Drills. I take a Power Split. I use a Hyper Potion to heal Drills. I take an Ancient Power. Wild Charge! Drops to around 25% down. Another hit my way. Again! Rock Tomb on me. Wild Charge! Deep red. Rock Tomb back. Crit I am at 2 health. Crunch. KO. Level by Beetles

Drills vs Stonjoner - Earthquake! One hit KO.

Drills vs Coalassol. - We both Dynamax! Max quake! One hit KO. 13440 in cash made

I get the Rock badge and TM 48 Rock Tomb.

I am going to head back to the wild area and grab Thunderbolt and swap it for Wild Charge. Apparently it has recoil. So I'll spend the 5k needed to remove the self-damage.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-17-2020 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-18-2020, 02:00 PM   #100
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Daily Stuff

Battle Café - Ears and Wheezy

Level by Pants. 8880 in Pokecash

Stow on Side -

I purchase a Sharp Beak.

Dig Brothers -

Dusk Stone
Fossilized Dino